Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Hardest You've Ever Laughed

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:37 am

Thread is pretty self explanatory.

Yesterday, I was talking to my sister and brother in law over the phone. At one point during the call, I found myself laughing very hard over the word "pecker". Don't ask why, please. But for about 20 minutes, I could not stop laughing. I'm talking like, about to get a 6 pack type laughing. Not just a chuckle. But full on heaving laughter at this word that very clearly did not warrant such a response. Even now, many hours later, I find myself chucking at it.

What's the hardest you've laughed?

LOL!
A man is only as big as the amount of strings on his guitar.

einsteinboricua

RE: Hardest You've Ever Laughed

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Hard to tell. Many instances have come close. The most recent one was on a date. We were watching a YouTube poop about Paula Deen. I had to pause the video at various points because I just kept cracking up and barely finished my meal. Even as I drove back home I still was laughing about it.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

vikkyvik

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Might have been when I first watched the Family Guy episode where they do three vignettes based on Stephen King stories. The one parodying The Shawshank Redemption literally had me falling off the couch from laughing so hard.

It was particularly noteworthy because I was watching it on my own; I don't usually laugh as much on my own.

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 1):
We were watching a YouTube poop

Hmmm. To each his own, I suppose. Must have been an interesting date.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

flyingturtle

Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:33 pm

When my mother forgot to serve water at a dinner.

As I don't tolerate alcohol well, I began to chuckle and laugh uncontrollably after four or five glasses of red wine.

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

bmacleod

Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:40 pm

First time I saw Robin Williams in "Good Morning Vietnam" - the first DJ radio scene (and the best!!!)

Same goes for first time I saw "Paul Blart: Mall Cop"....

[Edited 2015-04-17 10:49:15]
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

kaitak

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:49 am

At an episode of Frasier ...

I'm going to assume people are familiar with the characters in Frasier, so here goes!

Roz's boyfriends parents show up at Frasier's apartment. Roz is pregnant and wanted to meet them. They're really nice people, but just one slight issue. Both have rather big noses. I mean, really big. The others - Frasier, Niles, Daphne - are finding it hard to stifle a laugh. Then, Niles happened to mention that he was going to a dog show. And the parents chime in.

"Oh you like dogs? We have two giant schnausers"

I just couldn't stop laughing for half an hour. (Frankly, I don't think the cast could, either ... filming that sketch must have taken ages!)

Skydrol

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:20 am

When an extremely obese co-worker starts laughing. He starts wheezing and snorting, and his face changes from white to red and back to white as oxygen deprivation comes and goes. I may not find what triggered his reaction to be funny, but his wheezing laughter sets me off. Sometimes laughing to the point of tears and abdominal pain! They say laughter is contagious...

LD4
∙ ---{--« ∙ ----{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ---{--« ∙ --{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ----{--« ∙

DIRECTFLT

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:33 am

The first time I watched Caddyshack, it was on cable TV... I was laughing so hard, I was in tears...
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

blueflyer

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:47 am

Lecturing my nephew. Grew up without a dad, I've been somewhat of a father figure every now and then (and not an effective one but anyway). On one of many occasions I find myself lecturing him over the bs excuses he gives me for doing poorly in school, not studying or turning in homework. Everybody's fault but his. I'm sure plenty here are familiar with the situation.

Except this time I stop in the middle and laugh like never. My nephew thinks I've gone crazy. What was so funny? It had suddenly dawned on me that many moons ago, my dad had the very same "conversation" with me!

When I told my parents, it was my mom's turn to crack up like never before.

Redd

Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:07 am

On a cycling trip in the Slovakian mountains with a group of friends, we were having some Bbq and beer at the end of a day and one of my buddies pulls out a joint he bought in Christiania Copenhagen, about 6 of us smoked and fell into a laughing fit that would start dieing down and ignite again over and over for about 20 minutes.... Never laughed that hard in my life, cried or gave my abs such a workout  

HAWK21M

Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:23 am

After watching the Chaplin movie Gold rush when the house keeps tilting at the end
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

jetwet1

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Animal House, this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtSPFXj_eZM

When Flounder fires the gun, the horses reaction and the noise they dubbed over it, I laugh till it hurts.

tommy1808

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Lilo and Stitch, when Stitch destroy s the sand San Francisco.....
I laughed hard enough to cause nose-bleeding.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Silver1SWA

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 2):
Might have been when I first watched the Family Guy episode where they do three vignettes based on Stephen King stories. The one parodying The Shawshank Redemption literally had me falling off the couch from laughing so hard.

Shawshank is my all-time favorite movie but thanks to that Family Guy episode I can no longer watch the movie without finishing many of the quotes with the Family Guy version. That movie will never be the same, but in a hilarious way.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

vikkyvik

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 13):
Shawshank is my all-time favorite movie but thanks to that Family Guy episode I can no longer watch the movie without finishing many of the quotes with the Family Guy version. That movie will never be the same, but in a hilarious way.

I feel your pain.

Oh, I should also mention the Family Guy Star Wars parodies - absolutely hilarious, and same deal - can't watch the originals without thinking about the parody lines.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

DocLightning

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:41 pm

I was in high school on lunch break in the back seat of my friend's car. One of my friends in the passenger seat said that he was done with his sandwich. My friend driving told him to chuck it out the window, but we were at a red light and my friend in the front seat said: "Nah, the guy next to us has his window rolled down."

I immediately flashed to a mental image of some poor schmuck sitting at a red light with his window down when suddenly a half-eaten tuna sandwich drops out of the sky and into his lap. Now, I don't know why, but the sheer slapstick of the mental image was so good that I completely lost control of myself.

I laughed so hard that I almost passed out (I started to go woozy). I saw stars. I couldn't breathe. We drove three miles and I was still doubled over in paroxysms of laughter while my two very confused friends wondered what the hell was wrong with me.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

ER757

Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:33 pm

It is a tie between Robin Williams' origin of golf routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3MpFaq0EM

and the scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail - sword fight with the Black Night. First time I saw that at the movie theatre I was quite literally rolling in the aisle laughing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw

DIRECTFLT

Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:43 am

Becuase of parody movie Airplane!, I now find Zero Hour! more humrous to watch than Airplane!
And that's a good thing!

Funny moment from Cadddyshack --- When groundskeeper Bill Murray locates the "turd" in the swimming pool (turns out to be just a Baby Ruth bar) and takes a bite of it, with the Country Club lady looking on, and fainting.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

ltbewr

Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:02 am

In recent times, these Amazon reviews of Haribo Sugar-Free Gummie Bears - 5 pound bag - had me laugh to the point of almost passing out and sore in my ribs. Apparently if you eat too many of them, they have a very strong affect on your gastro-intestinal tract. Some of these reviews are just absolutely crazy, colorful and humorous:

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-F...y-Bears/product-reviews/B008JELLCA

Skydrol

Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:12 am

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 18):
In recent times, these Amazon reviews of Haribo Sugar-Free Gummie Bears - 5 pound bag - had me laugh to the point of almost passing out and sore in my ribs. Apparently if you eat too many of them, they have a very strong affect on your gastro-intestinal tract. Some of these reviews are just absolutely crazy, colorful and humorous:

I was curious enough about these Gummie Bears to click the link. I had no idea these candies could be so lethal. There are even a few airplane-related incidents. One:

Slow painful death by Gummi Bears in an Airplane Bathroom
By I Like Cheese on October 24, 2013

Ate a bag of these when I boarded a 6 hour flight to Seatttle.
Gastric exorcism at 30,000 feet
Enough said.
My advice..... Don't use a bathroom on a Delta flight. That stench is from me - 7 years ago.

Maybe someone ate these on the BA flight which had to make an emergency landing?

LD4

DLFREEBIRD

Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:48 am

A fish called Wanda, I was in the theater watching it and i kept falling out of my chair, I was laughing so hard.

I don't know if they piped in laughing gas in the theater or if i accidentally ate some magic mushrooms.
I was having a great time.

it's rather a nasty mean British comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qguwpiDbMws&index=2&list=RDSmVGMsMws9Y

[Edited 2015-04-18 19:54:43]

DocLightning

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeNxKx4iO7o

This video did it for me the first (ten) time I watched.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

vikkyvik

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:56 am

Man, I forgot about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd64zf6N9QI

I was dying the first....well, it still completely cracks me up.

sbworcs

Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:11 am

One of mine has to be

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8

Have to watch with sounds on .

[Edited 2015-04-19 03:12:15]
The best way forwards is upwards!

ab486

Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:09 am

Quoting sbworcs (Reply 23):

I love that one! The guy's laugh is just amazing, funnier than the actual fall, though that itself was special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePNWCniwgfo

^ Not the hardest I've ever laughed, but good to watch when you need a laugh after a long day at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVrJ8DxECbg

^ This guy is just brilliant

aerdingus

Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:49 pm

The other night after work and I was so tired and so was everyone else in the house after work and college and we were all trying to have a conversation but not making any sense, I laughed so much I felt like I was going to puke. Ahhhh  
A306 A313 A319 A320 A321 A333 A346 A359 ATR42 ATR72 B734 B737 B738 B744 B772 B789 C152 MD80 RJ85 S340

UltimateDelta

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:53 am

This made me laugh harder than a 5-second video should  Smile :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwnhlnVCdgE

[Edited 2015-04-20 21:53:30]
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

Skydrol

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:32 am

This one was suggested after watching the dreaming dog video posted above...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O15DXv3Vwg

Funny, except from the dog's point of view!

LD4

VapourTrails

Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:06 am

Recently? When I was reading out reviews on TripAdvisor from the website. They aren't meant to be funny IMHO but somehow they can be really hilarious! Particularly if you have been to that place or had that experience, and yours was totally different! Maybe it was helped by what I had eaten or had been drinking during the reading out loud session LOL.  

I remember the first time I saw the British comedy Mr Bean, way back in the 1990's, OMG the whole room couldn't speak for laughing, i.e. the one where he goes to the dentist...

There are other instances as well, during conversations, but I can't recall distinct ones. Don't you find it awkward though hey, when everyone is laughing really hard, and you aren't, at the same level, or at all.. and you just can't wait for it to stop LOL..   

sebolino

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:37 am

Some days ago, I was laughing so much, I couldn't stop crying.
I was watching Francois Damiens' hidden cameras. Unfortunately for most of you, it's for French speaking people.

This guy is unbelievable. He can say so many bullshits while staying perfectly serious ...

Some "English":

http://youtu.be/-bubOwUc6aU at 1:00 , 2:08 and more ...

http://youtu.be/If_siZXT18M very bad quality , too bad

[Edited 2015-04-21 04:51:49]

flyingturtle

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Reading accident reports is what calms me down

JAGflyer

Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Don't ask me why I find this so hilarious but I do. Kenny vs. Spenny was a Canadian show where two (supposedly) best-friends compete against each other in stupid competitions. Kenny is always trying to cheat and bend the rules whereas Spenny is very conservative and he therefore becomes easily annoyed by Kenny's hilarious antics on the show. In this episode, Spenny gets mad at Kenny for dressing up and acting like a stereotypical fat person. He asks him sarcastically about making fun of fat people and tells him it's wrong. Kenny's response is pure gold.

I'm not making fun of fat people, I am fat people!
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5605059

[Edited 2015-04-21 15:45:22]

[Edited 2015-04-21 15:45:52]
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

ER757

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Quoting VapourTrails (Reply 28):
I remember the first time I saw the British comedy Mr Bean,

speaking of British comedies, how could I forget Fawlty Towers? There were scenes in nearly every episode that had me gasping for breath after laughing so hard I nearly keeled over. John Cleese may be the funniest human being of all time.

af773atmsp

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:22 am

It is easy for me to laugh, but every so often I laugh for at least 10 minutes, am in tears, my stomach hurts, and the sound of my laugh makes me laugh even more.

A couple particular times:
A couple years ago I was at a friends house and one of my friends was eating a bowl of cereal, but without milk. My other friend asks "No milk with your cereal?" The friend eating the cereal responds "I don't have milk with my cereal, too mainstream." Considering this friend is pretty hipster, I roared with laughter for about 20 minutes.

A few months ago I was visiting a friend (the same guy with the cereal without milk) in Wisconsin with my other friend from the first story. Out of nowhere my friend starts singing "Firework" by Katy Perry in a cheesy voice to my friend's dog. The dog cocked his head and seemed very confused. Somehow this was hilarious to me, and I laughed with tears for awhile.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72,736,788
SY,DL,FI,FL,BA,EI,NW,MG,DY,EZY,F9,WN,SN,ET,SK
Too many airports to fit in signature.

tommy1808

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:24 am

Quoting ER757 (Reply 32):
speaking of British comedies

"Coupling", BBC Version  

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Max Q

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:14 am

Laughed pretty hard when I read the topic above this one.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

rugger

Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 am

A number of years ago some of my German friends came over to the U.S. and we met up in Chicago. We were staying at a suburban hotel that offered a free breakfast bar. There was also a microwave at the end of the breakfast bar for you to use to heat up whatever you wanted. You've all seen this kind of setup before.

My German friends consisted of Mama, Papa and their 16 year old daughter. We were sitting there in the breakfast area eating our food when all of a sudden their daughter said rather abruptly in German "Ohh, look! That guy is eating a sausage sandwich and he didn't even heat it up! It's still frozen! Baaahhhhhh!" We looked over and sure enough there was a guy at the next table who had one of those small sausage sandwiches on his plate, and he was trying to eat one, but since it was still frozen he couldn't eat it! But he kept trying, over and over again!

For some reason I found this funny. Very funny, in fact hilarious! I think it was the innocent way their daughter informed us of what the guy was doing combined with the guys actions and the strange faces he was making every time he tried to bite into the sandwich. I started laughing, and laughing. And the laughter kept getting stronger. Finally, I started with the tears running down my face from laughing so hard! Then I fell out of my chair, on the floor just laughing up a storm. Truly ROFL! In the meantime my friends were just sitting there totally normal, just watching me. The guy eating the sandwich didn't even notice what I was doing. Then my friend told me "Yes, this was kind of funny, but in Germany we have this kind of behavior all the time. We call it "baaaahhhhh behavior!"

Later that evening, my friends wife said that they will always remember that guy with the frozen sandwich, and my reaction to it. They didn't know who was funnier, me or the guy with the frozen sandwich!

VapourTrails

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:00 am

Quoting ER757 (Reply 32):

speaking of British comedies, how could I forget Fawlty Towers? There were scenes in nearly every episode that had me gasping for breath after laughing so hard I nearly keeled over. John Cleese may be the funniest human being of all time.

Yes, you are right! That is definitely up there with the real funnies! I have laughed pretty hard at most of those episodes. Have you seen the movie Clockwise?

Also, a worthy mention is One Foot in the Grave with poor Victor, or should I say, poor Margaret. I am just fascinated with the character of Mrs Warboys too, oh gosh, I hope I am not like that when I get older LOL..  

us330

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:11 pm

In public? Seeing Tropic Thunder in theaters. Nearly came out of my seat.

In private? Rented Jackass the movie and watched it. I was literally on the floor laughing my butt off.

travelavnut

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Well, unfortunatly I couldn't laugh hard about it myself at the time. But upon hearing this a few of my friends almost died of laugh-induced suffication. I originally posted this to Reddit in the TIFU subreddit (TIFU = Today I F*cked Up) where you can share stories of the stupid things you did. It's a bit of a long read but I guess it's worth it. Otherwise there's an TL;DR at the bottom. Enjoy.

(Original post; http://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comment...y_getting_stoned_and_accidentally/ )

Not exactly today nor yesterday, more like 16 years ago. At the tender age of 17.... But as this is my only TIFU-worthy TIFU I guess it wouldn't hurt posting it. Also it's a pretty damn funny story (in hindsight...)

So me in high school in small city in the Netherlands. One of my best friends parents were pretty cool, he had this little attic room which we converted into a chill-out place for our little gang of friends. Playing the NES, watching Dragonball-Z and getting really drunk on the weekends. Also his parents were even so cool that we were allowed to smoke the occasional joint in the weekend. But ONLY on weekends!

Of course we smoked more than only on weekends. And even though the frequency of me smoking weed should have had influence on my tolerance levels, it didn't. One toke and I was shit-faced, as in completely not able to hold a conversation or act in any way normal.

Because of this we always avoided getting high when my friends parents were at home.
So this evening, a Wednesday (a fact that for some reason I can still remember vividly), his dad was out of the country on business and his mother and little sister were shopping in Amsterdam and planning on eating there as well. Long story short; let's smoke some weed!

It was only him and me, and just when we're enjoying all the glory of late 90s Cartoon Network while being blood-red-eye-stoned we hear the front door opening. Fucking shit fuck....
See, the thing is this is a very close family. And unlike my family were when a parent enters the house you just scream something like "I'M WATCHING CARTOONS", in this household you had to go downstairs for greetings and small talk. Something I dreaded more than getting kicked in the nuts at that exact moment. I was in no way ready to face sober people... But alas, my friend had a very high tolerance for weed and was always very happy to see his family.

So downstairs we go....

Arriving in the hallway the small talk commences, I'm keeping a low profile. This seems to be working pretty damn well and I'm hoping on an imminent return to the safety of the attic. But then the sentence I was very afraid to be uttered was in fact uttered;

"So I guess you boys will join us for dinner in 20 minutes?"

I face my friend with a look of absolute terror, but unfortunately the idea of eating with his mother and sister gets him almost giddy with joy (love this dude, but he treats his family as best friends which sometimes is a bit nauseating). So he misses my body language and almost screams on the top of his lungs; "Of course mom, we would love that!"
Fast forward 20 minutes. Sitting at the dinner table. Mom to the right, little sister on the corner to my left and best friend facing me.

So I tried desperately to act normal and sober. But in my case that always resulted in the exact and absolute opposite. Awkward comments, nervous stupid laughter, not getting sentences, losing the thread of a conversation. I was not doing very well and I knew it. Which, while stoned, made things exponentially worse. This was a train wreck in the process of crashing, and it would crash for quite a while from this point on (dinner in that family took a looooong time....).
I needed a solution and I needed it fast! The solution I was looking for was in the realm of distraction. I needed something to distract me from my own awkward stoned behavior. Luckily, there was Rascal. Rascal was the family dog. A short-haired mut that was always hungry. It shape was a cube, it was literally a square-shaped dog. It had short hair and was about knee high. Also, it was always hungry, did I mention that already? So hungry in fact that years later he would suffocate after trying to getting the last scrums out of a potato-chip bag. Poor Rascal.
Anyhow, Rascal was my way out! Because we were eating Rascal was very near by. He was executing his standard search-protocol for dropped food, walking in an 8-pattern under the table. Now there was one thing Rascal loved almost more than food, and that was petting. And I am the dog petting king.

So after a few seconds his search-protocol brings him close to me. This is my chance!
I started petting the fuck out of Rascal and immediately I feel the pressure dropping from my shoulders. Normality restored I think to myself. Rascal always loved the Behind-the-ear-Scratch, he was also very favorable to the Under-the-chin-Pet. As my blood pressure returned to less Intensive Care-rated levels I am beginning to enjoy the evening again. After giving Rascal ears, neck and chin a good rub I decide enough is enough. I'll give him a last Butt-patting to thank him for his services in avoiding a whole world of awkwardness.

But while I move my arm backwards in the direction of Rascal's backside I start noticing a deafening silence at the table. Also while my hand is in motion I see my friends mom slowly putting her utensils down. And while the reality of the situation starts sinking in she says, quite loudly;
LockstockNL, what the FCK are you doing?!

"No..nonononononoonon" my mind repeats while I see Rascal at the other side of the room. I wasn't petting Rascal. I was stroking the shit out of my friends mom knee and inner thigh. Also I was just making the move towards second or third base (I use the metric system, so I don't know which base, but it's the base that results in a fishy finger) when she decided this was becoming a bit rapy....

I muttered; "I...I...I am sorry....I thought you were the dog.."
Awkwardness returns like a Phoenix from the ashes and what followed must have been the most uncomfortable silence in the history of mankind.

tl;dr; got stoned, thought my best friends mother was a dog, started stroking her in very inappropriate places, most uncomfortable silence in history.
Live From Amsterdam!

SmithAir747

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 pm

I have on occasion laughed so hard that I quit breathing! (And that is dangerous to me, with my abnormally narrow throat due to craniofacial anomalies.)

There are some things that will make me laugh myself out of breath.

In my childhood, with my autism, certain things, like a broken record playing and repeating something over and over, would set me off. Or just hearing the echo of a dropped supersize-LEGO brick on a classroom linoleum floor.

Even to this day, unexpected things will happen that make me laugh so hard.

Sometimes people misunderstand or mis-hear something I say (due to my cleft palate/Treacher Collins syndrome voice that has a quack to it). Once, at a San Francisco Giants MLB game, my professor thought I said "topless church" when I said "Baptist church". The "topless church" comment of his sent me into a suffocating laughing fit right then and there. "Topless church" is still my most memorable mis-translated saying!

Once at church (the very same aforementioned "topless church"), the organ made some weird noises while being played in the service; I barely held myself together and nearly asphyxiated because it made me laugh so hard.

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)

ArmitageShanks

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Yall need to check out this http://www.reddit.com/r/ContagiousLaughter

duke

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 pm

The time I recall when I most laughed in my life was when I was about 21. I was still religious at the time and was a member of an Orthodox Christian newsgroup. Someone, eager to show how Judaism is supposedly hostile to Christianity, once posted supposed anti-Christian quotes from the Talmud. One went more or less like this: X son of Y had a mind to convert to Judaism. With the help of some incantations, he raised Jesus from the dead. "How are you punished?" He replied: "With boiling hot excrement, because a master once said that whoever scorns the words of the sages shall be punished with boiling hot excrement". The idea of it all struck a chord in me and I burst out laughing right there in the library where I was sitting. I couldn't contain my laughter on the way home in the subway, and then, when I was closer to home, I threw myself down on the ground in a park, and rolled around ground, still in hysterics. Later that day, I was at the airport with my father and grandmother. She was leaving for a long stay in Belgrade, and felt like crying. But I still felt like laughing and could hardly contain myself!

Another time when I remember going into really hysterical laughter was when I was 9. I was reading an issue of "J'aime Lire" (a French language educational book series for children), concretely the comic about the brother and sister team of mischeivious kids Tom Tom and Nana. In this installment, they went too far in suppressing distractions so that Tom-Tom could study his multiplication table. They saw their chef father's big Christmas cake, and in order to make it less "distracting", they put a sign on it which said "caca boudin". Caca means poo poo in French and boudin means blood sausage, but this is actually just a pejorative used by French children. One way or another I nearly busted a gut when I found "caca" in a children's comic.

As you can see, I have had a tendency to respond to scatological things. I think in both situations, the thing that made me laugh so much was the context in which it was written. In the first case, before I was an atheist, I was used to Jesus Christ being treated like the holy of holies, and here he was being reduced to being put in boiling hot excrement. In the second, I was pleasantly surprised to find a reference to $#1+ in a children's medium - from the point of view of a kid growing up in the English speaking world, this would have seemed like a case of "getting crap past the radar" - although I have since gotten the impression that the French are more tolerant of this sort of thing.

[Edited 2015-04-23 15:58:27]

mugler

Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:33 pm

With the movie Pineapple Express, i don't know why but my friends and I laughed so hard that it hurt a lot   

YVRLTN

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:21 am

Quoting travelavnut (Reply 39):
tl;dr; got stoned, thought my best friends mother was a dog, started stroking her in very inappropriate places, most uncomfortable silence in history.

This is awesome! Imagine if she had taken you up on the offer haha

Mr Humphries & Mr Lucas from Are You Being Served - actually all of them from the original cast - always make me LMAO.

Poor old Richard and Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances. Great British comedy...
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR