Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

todaReisinger
Topic Author

Yahoo Mail - Getting Worse Every Day....

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:29 pm

"We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Temporary error: 14

TRY AGAIN"

Am I one of the last idiots still using Yahoo Mail?

I think I will move all my e-mail activities to gmail - but is it truly more reliable?

Or what other options would be better??

Thanks  
I bitterly miss the livery that should never have been changed (repetition...)

yowza

RE: Yahoo Mail - Getting Worse Every Day....

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Do it. You will never look back. There are ways to migrate your existing messages. BTW http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email_address

YOWza

blrsea

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Even I have been frustrated with yahoo these days.

I have been using outlook.com for quite some time now and I like it more than gmail. Navigation/managing emails is much easier, and you can easily schedule emails from retailers to be cleaned up at regular intervals. Overall, much happy with outlook.com than with gmail.

LFutia

Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Quoting todaReisinger (Thread starter):

Seriously people still use Yahoo? I jumped on the gmail bandwagon back when you needed an invite to join. I love gmail. I cannot think of a better email provider to use.

Leo/ORD
Leo/ORD

DeltaMD90

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Am I one of the last idiots still using Yahoo Mail?

I have a yahoo email for signing up for junk sites so my real account doesn't get spammed, but yeah, you are one of the last my friend  
Or what other options would be better??

Gmail all the way

notaxonrotax

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:04 pm

A Yahoo user here......am I that unique?
It does all I need.

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

usflyer msp

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 pm

I still use yahoo mail but it is frustrating. The website seems to be down alot of the time and lately it seems like their spam filter has completely stopped working. However, it is too much of pain to change everything over to my gmail. I guess I am just lazy.

L410Turbolet

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:47 pm

Quoting LFutia (Reply 3):
I cannot think of a better email provider to use.

Zoho mail using my own [email protected] address/domain.

Used to have yahoo as well, had to discontinue using that address due to flood of spam I was receiving without any possibility to filter the garbage out.

todaReisinger
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Thanks to all for your replies  

One thing is sure: I will leave Yahoo. It's been now a few HOURS of disruption and they don't even mention anything on their website.

Crazy how bad management can kill a company. Even a giant.
I bitterly miss the livery that should never have been changed (repetition...)

FriscoHeavy

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 pm

I have a Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail and Outlook Accounts. There is certainly nothing wrong with using Yahoo. It's really as good as Gmail. After all, it's just about sending an email and all the above do it just fine.
Whatever

DeltaMD90

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Quoting FriscoHeavy (Reply 9):
It's really as good as Gmail.

Maybe it is, I guess I haven't messed around with it much lately. When I switched to Gmail it was much better than Yahoo. I suppose most things in technology are like that... something much better comes along and you switch to it and after a short time everyone catches up, but you already made the switch

vikkyvik

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:51 pm

I jumped on the gmail bandwagon back when you needed an invite to join.

Ditto.

Took a little while to get used to Gmail, but I've been using it for, what, 11 years now? Can't remember any major issues.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Aesma

Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:33 pm

My main email addresses are with my ISP of 15 years (and I could keep them if I changed ISP). I also have an older Yahoo! email account that still receives some mail but I don't send anything with it, especially since the address is a bit silly. I have a google/gmail account to go with my Android devices but I don't use the email service much. All of the above are used with an email software on the PC or phone, I never use the websites, I don't think I've seen Yahoo!'s main page in 10 years.

I'm now looking into buying a domain with my surname.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Alias1024

Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 am

I don't think yahoo is any worse than gmail. Both suffer from outages on occasion but generally get the job done just fine. The layout on gmail is IMO cleaner and nicer than yahoo, but that doesn't matter nearly as much nowadays since so much email is done on smartphones and the user never sees the desktop page.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

mham001

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:47 am

Seriously people still use Yahoo? I jumped on the gmail bandwagon back when you needed an invite to join. I love gmail. I cannot think of a better email provider to use.

Get ready for some big changes. Google is looking for ways to gain more control of your email by providing intuitive input. Somehow, this will make them more money. If you use a tablet, you can see what they plan now.

I left Yahoo almost completely after Marisa Mayer screwed up just about every interface they had. Groups, news, mail, some other things I've happily forgotten. It took almost a year to switch over to Gmail, which is not perfect either as I have some problems with Sync. And I didn't really care for the last little overhaul.

VapourTrails

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:57 am

I have not used Yahoo mail. I have used Hotmail since the 90's without any major issues, but I know other people who have had to close an account down and restart another under a new email address due to spam. I myself am careful with my settings and that aspect they provide has improved over recent years IMHO, and what it links to (Windows Live Messenger) which can be set to Invisible.

Gmail I am new too and I haven't had any problems, again, I make sure my settings are customised to suit my needs.

As far as outages and accessibility go, I don't recall it ever being a problem.

=

[Edited 2015-04-27 21:18:12]