Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

blueflyer
Topic Author

Texas Has Officially Gone Off The Deep End

Fri May 01, 2015 1:37 am

Governor Greg Abbott has ordered the Texas State Guard to monitor a multi-state US Special Forces training exercise to make sure that "Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed."

Why do Texans need to know that? Because there are lunatics who believe that this exercise is cover for:
a) Declaring martial law in some southwestern states;
b) Using the military to confiscate firearms;
c) Bringing in United Nations troops or Islamic soldiers to effect firearms confiscation, and put resisters into FEMA internment camps;
d) Turning the Alamo into a landing pad for our millennial inspection visit by our alien overlords;
e) All of the above!

Ok, I made d) up. The rest, sadly, is entirely true.

Our dear governor, in his great wisdom, has decided to pander to these asylum escapees and deploy the State Guard. Or he is one of the escapees himself. I can't tell. As if that wasn't enough, he is sending the State Guard. Not the National Guard, the State Guard, aka traffic cops in military uniforms. Against US Special Forces. I guess I better go and buy myself a Quran.

Governor's letter
http://www.scribd.com/doc/263444786/Abbott-Letter-to-Texas-State-Guard

Breibart's take
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/...tor-u-s-armys-jade-helm-operation/

Some really pissed-off Republicans.
http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/la...on-of-our-own-troops-must-stop.ece
http://www.scribd.com/doc/263700043/Letter-to-Governor-Abbott

DMN coverage
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...er-fears-of-federal-takeover.html/

Never thought it'd happen, but I do miss Rick Perry.

[Edited 2015-04-30 18:38:42]

rfields5421

RE: Texas Has Officially Gone Off The Deep End

Fri May 01, 2015 1:15 pm

Abbott totally ignores that one of these exercises was conducted in states along the east coast fairly recently.

But Abbott has always been focused on pandering to the extremist in state, and not on really doing his job. He's wasted a couple billion dollars on fighting loser lawsuits and trying to rewrite the Constitution to take away the rights of citizens who disagree with the hard line rightist line.

I won' say I miss Perry, but even he wasn't this stupid.
Not all who wander are lost.

einsteinboricua

Fri May 01, 2015 2:36 pm

What actually makes this amusing is that Republicans place the DoD at a higher priority than any other department.

So they want to fund and have a state of the art military, but are afraid there's a possible declaration of martial law to seize guns and submit states to authoritarian rule under Sharia law?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

bennett123

Fri May 01, 2015 3:31 pm

What does he mean by "monitor".

Also, will their assessment of tactics etc be made public.

blueflyer
Topic Author

Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Quoting bennett123 (Reply 3):

Watch live streaming of the exercise from the comfort of an air-conditioned tent while sipping sweet tea, most likely.

will their assessment of tactics etc be made public.

Assessment of what?! The Texas State Guard is a support element of the Texas National Guard. They are doctors, nurses, electricians, network administrators, divers, firefighters, bookkeepers, etc... putting on a military uniform to train a few days a year and to assist in disaster relief or in support of National Guard deployment. I'm not saying they have no value whatsoever, they most definitively do, but evaluating the performance of US Special Forces is not one of their core skills.

All that is expected of them is to report sightings of Muslim-looking terrorists (or is it terrorist-looking Muslims?) and black UN helicopters.

[Edited 2015-05-01 09:24:13]

Max Q

Fri May 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Why don't we just let these idiots secede ?

I think the rest of the country could live quite happily without texas.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

PITingres

Fri May 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Quoting Max Q (Reply 5):
I think the rest of the country could live quite happily without texas.

LOL. I know some perfectly reasonable Texans. It's unfortunate for the rest of the state that Texas has apparently become a haven for a certain strain of pseudo-conservative nuttery. Not unlike Montana for skinhead hate groups, or California or perhaps Oregon for the irrational brand of green-at-all-costs pseudo-liberal.

It certainly would be nice though if the normal thinking people in Texas would rise up and smack down this sort of nonsense.
Fly, you fools! Fly!

bennett123

Fri May 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Perhaps the DOD should carry out a review to see which facilities do not NEED to be in Texas.

rfields5421

Fri May 01, 2015 11:37 pm

I love the public op-ed piece about we have to stop distrusting our US military troops - by the Lt Governor of Texas.

One of the greatest things about our US military men and women is that they know the laws and Constitution of this nation. They would never support a coup or a massive illegal movement such as some of the conspiracy idiots predict. They would simply refuse such orders. Any attempt to take over the government, impose massive illegal martial law, etc - would be the end of the US military, because the front line troops would not do it.
=============================

This exercise is a survival, escape, evasion practical training for members of various special forces groups.

They are going to be taken to 'hostile' territory and dropped - and have to get across parts of the nation to 'friendly' territory.

DOD has done this before - most recently in southeastern states.

For the purpose of this version of the exercise - Texas & Utah are considered hostile territory, California, Nevada and Colorado are 'premissive' (The southern CA border area is market hostile). New Mexico is Uncertain/ Leaning Hostile and Arizona is Uncertain/ Leaning Friendly.

There are 14 safe bases/ locations in Texas, two in NM, two in Utah and one in Arizona.

The approx. 1,200 special ops troops have to travel in stealth, without support from the military and have to keep their interactions with people in the state from revealing their identity or association with the military. Some folks assume the troops in the exercise might commit small crimes such as sneaking onto trains, into trailers, etc. Some folks in the past have complained about the training being 'too realistic' and encouraging the military members to behave outside the law.

While participating in the exercise, the troops have to be in small groups - probably no more than five - and pretend they are in a hostile nation. Avoid local law enforcement, etc.

Such training is essential for troops sent into hostile territory on covert missions. It would be better done in a foreign country - but much value can be obtained in staying undercover in one's home nation.

DIRECTFLT

Sat May 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Thread starter):
I guess I better go and buy myself a Quran.

And a prayer rug and a compass.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

ltbewr

Sat May 02, 2015 7:10 pm

Too bad instead of doing something that may be for a never to happen scenario, that these troops were massing along our border with Mexico to halt illegal immigration, especially in the uninhabited areas. Then they would get real experience in what in part a military force is supposed to do - protect borders. I am quite sure a lot of Texans would be very supportive of Government then.

Ken777

Sat May 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 2):
What actually makes this amusing is that Republicans place the DoD at a higher priority than any other department.

And yet the idiot of a Governor and his brainless letter will be great for Democrats campaigning in 2016.

Maybe the SF guys can have some "bad guys" capture the monitors and then, a few days later, the "good SF guys" can rescue them. That gives the monitors an opportunity to make a comprehensive report to the Governor.

Quoting bennett123 (Reply 7):

Perhaps the DOD should carry out a review to see which facilities do not NEED to be in Texas.

It would be fun to watch Obama making some clear comments about the need to cut defense and how Texas should be the first place to look for those cuts because of their dislike and distrust of the Military. Lots of state Governors will be happy to support that view.

Personally I find it amazing that there is a Governor dumber than ours, but Texas has come through with one that beats ours.

Aesma

Sat May 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Quoting rfields5421 (Reply 8):
Such training is essential for troops sent into hostile territory on covert missions.

Do they really do that kind of thing in reality ? I mean, I see special forces as carrying big weapons and armor, not blending in, that's a job for the CIA.

And of course an average american/european will have trouble blending in the middle east, no matter the training !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

GIANCAVIA

Sat May 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Quoting Aesma (Reply 12):
Do they really do that kind of thing in reality ? I mean, I see special forces as carrying big weapons and armor, not blending in, that's a job for the CIA.

Not sure if serious?

blueflyer
Topic Author

Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 pm

They most certainly do that kind of thing, and they work hard at blending in if they have to, including growing and coloring beards, etc...

CIA is collecting and analyzing intelligence, Special Forces is covert military actions. They often work in teams too.

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 11):
Personally I find it amazing that there is a Governor dumber than ours, but Texas has come through with one that beats ours.

I used to say Thank God For Allahbama... not so much anymore.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 5):

Hey!

Actually, if Texas were to secede from the US, somehow Austin (and probably Dallas and Houston) would want to secede from Texas...

LMP737

Sun May 03, 2015 12:40 am

Never take financial advice from co-workers.

WarRI1

Sun May 03, 2015 1:04 am

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 15):
Why am I not surprised.

Nor am I surprised. I do not usually forward political emails. I did one just recently. It headlined Madman tries to enter the Whitehouse. When I opened it, there was a big picture of Sen. Cruz. I had some serious chuckles, and now this. I cannot believe this pandering to the conspiracy wacks. Do they think if the US Government had such designs, they could stop them. REALLY!

[Edited 2015-05-02 18:23:10]
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

MD11Engineer

Sun May 03, 2015 1:06 am

E&E execises are done by all parts of the military who could find themselves behind enemy lines, e.g. infantry, combat pilots etc.. These are especially important if the enemy doesn't play by Geneva convention rules and a prisoner will turn up in an orange jumpsuit with a big guy with a big knife behind him.
SF soldiers also often work disguised in such an environment, observing until they can take the opportunity.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

jetwet1

Sun May 03, 2015 1:29 am

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 10):
Too bad instead of doing something that may be for a never to happen scenario, that these troops were massing along our border with Mexico to halt illegal immigration, especially in the uninhabited areas. Then they would get real experience in what in part a military force is supposed to do - protect borders. I am quite sure a lot of Texans would be very supportive of Government then.

Errrr, you do know that the flow is actually going the other way right ? I mean, if you want to stop illegals going back to Mexico okay, i'm not sure you should really be doing that though.

FYI 50,000 more illegals move back to Mexico/Central America every year than come into the US.

This could have been avoided in the Republican Congress had funded Bush's plan to build a giant wall along the border, but heck, why mess with a good argument.

LMP737

Sun May 03, 2015 1:33 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 16):
Nor am I surprised. I do not usually forward political emails. I did one just recently. It headlined Madman tries to enter the Whitehouse. When I opened it, there was a big picture of Sen. Cruz. I had some serious chuckles, and now this. I cannot believe this pandering to the conspiracy wacks. Do they think if the US Government had such designs, they could stop them. REALLY!

Here in the US we have a name for what afflicts Gov Abbott and Sen Cruz, Obama derangement syndrome. Symptoms include entertaining wild conspiracy theories about the president. There was a milder version of this when Bush was in office. It caused people to entertain conspiracy theories like 9-11. The difference being you did not have a sitting governor or senator signing off on them.

WarRI1

Sun May 03, 2015 1:57 am

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 19):
The difference being you did not have a sitting governor or senator signing off on them.

I agree , that is a big difference. It is like slipping into state Paranoia.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

LMP737

Sun May 03, 2015 3:41 am

Then they would get real experience in what in part a military force is supposed to do - protect borders.

In countries that have hostile neighbors, which we do not.

Too bad instead of doing something that may be for a never to happen scenario, that these troops were massing along our border with Mexico to halt illegal immigration, especially in the uninhabited areas.

There's this thing called the posse comitatus act that prevents this from happening.

seb146

Sun May 03, 2015 5:30 am

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 21):
Then they would get real experience in what in part a military force is supposed to do - protect borders.

In countries that have hostile neighbors, which we do not.

So many things going on here....

Right wingers are upset that Obama is not doing anything about "immigration" but they all get mad when Obama sends troops to defend the southern border. The right says that immigration is a "states rights" issue but gets mad when Obama does not do anything about the flood of illegals into this country. Obama proposes the exact same thing Reagan did and the right flips out and wonders why Obama does not do what Reagan did.

And then they wonder why "liberals" don't take them seriously....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

LMP737

Sun May 03, 2015 6:01 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 22):
So many things going on here....

Right wingers are upset that Obama is not doing anything about "immigration" but they all get mad when Obama sends troops to defend the southern border. The right says that immigration is a "states rights" issue but gets mad when Obama does not do anything about the flood of illegals into this country. Obama proposes the exact same thing Reagan did and the right flips out and wonders why Obama does not do what Reagan did.

And then they wonder why "liberals" don't take them seriously..

Being rational is not their forte.

MaverickM11

Sun May 03, 2015 7:46 am

I thought Perry was bad but Abott is a whole 'nother level of crazy/nasty. I think God was trying to ctrl-alt-delete him with that tree but missed slightly.

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 2):
So they want to fund and have a state of the art military, but are afraid there's a possible declaration of martial law to seize guns and submit states to authoritarian rule under Sharia law?

Only while a democrat is in the White House

Quoting Max Q (Reply 5):

I don't know who elects these people, but Dallas, Houston, and Austin are all solidly down to earth.
I don't take responsibility at all

Kiwirob

Sun May 03, 2015 10:37 am

Maybe you should read bravo Two Zero and Immediate Action by Andy McNab, and Looking for Trouble by Gen. Sir Peter de la Billière, it will give you a reasonable understanding of what Special Forces do.

rfields5421

Sun May 03, 2015 11:31 am

Define 'protect borders'.

Our constitution specifically prohibits the military from being a law enforcement force.

Protecting the borders from armed incursions by other military forces - yes the military job.

Arresting people who cross the border illegally - not the military job.

But there are a lot of people in this country who want to turn the US into Communist Germany complete with a Berlin Wall. And of course they don't want to pay the 100 trillion dollars necessary to really create an inpenetratible brder.

scbriml

Sun May 03, 2015 11:54 am

Too bad instead of doing something that may be for a never to happen scenario, that these troops were massing along our border with Mexico to halt illegal immigration, especially in the uninhabited areas.

But then, who would wait tables, tend gardens and stack supermarket shelves in the south-west?   
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

us330

Sun May 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 4):
Watch live streaming of the exercise from the comfort of an air-conditioned tent while sipping sweet tea, most likely.

*Iced tea. Not sweet tea. No self-respecting Texas governor would dare be caught sipping sweet tea--that's for other southerners.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 24):
I don't know who elects these people, but Dallas, Houston, and Austin are all solidly down to earth.

Do you mean the cities of Dallas, Houston, and Austin, or the metropolitan areas?

It's a minor quibble, but if you look at maps of election results, you'd find that the "urban" cores of those cities--aka the population within city limits--tends to vote Democrat. The surrounding suburbs tend to be pretty solidly Republican.

LMP737

Sun May 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Quoting rfields5421 (Reply 26):
But there are a lot of people in this country who want to turn the US into Communist Germany complete with a Berlin Wall. And of course they don't want to pay the 100 trillion dollars necessary to really create an inpenetratible brder.

Who?

Maverick623

Sun May 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Quoting rfields5421 (Reply 26):
Our constitution specifically prohibits the military from being a law enforcement force.

No it doesn't.

There is a law called the Posse Comitatus Act (that dates from the Reconstruction) that prohibits the Army and Air Force from acting in most domestic law enforcement capacities.

The military (specifically, Marines) were used as recently as 1992 to help quell the LA riots.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

DocLightning

Sun May 03, 2015 7:51 pm

What really just happened was that both the Governor of Texas and Senator Cruz accused the President and the Armed Forces of sedition. They stated that citizens could not trust the Armed Forces because Barack Obama is the CIC. They accused the CIC of being prepared to take over the state government of a US State.

That's pretty big, really. To question the loyalty of the military...well, McCarthy tried that. Didn't go so well.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Ken777

Sun May 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Do they really do that kind of thing in reality ?

You never know what "reality" ill be in store for the military, and the country. That's the problem for our military. They need to be prepared for a wide range of challenges and they need to train on a continual basis. And training ain't cheap. It cost money to maintain and then operate the capital equipment, from tanks & planes to carriers.

Who would have thought that 9/11 would have happened?
Who would have thought we would have been dragged into a never ending war in the ME for no real reason other than egos and oil?

The military also needs significant ongoing training as personnel get promoted or leave the service - their replacements need to be up to standard and that means training.

Finally, in terms of moving a lot of troops along the border - try to figure out the costs of not only deploying them, but also all of the support personnel needed, from cooks to supply clerks. No matter what conservatives say about closing off the border with troops or a very long sense the reality is that they will never be ready to pay the tax increases that would be needed.

DeltaMD90

Mon May 04, 2015 12:35 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 31):
What really just happened was that both the Governor of Texas and Senator Cruz accused the President and the Armed Forces of sedition. They stated that citizens could not trust the Armed Forces because Barack Obama is the CIC. They accused the CIC of being prepared to take over the state government of a US State.

I don't think they did that, they just entertained the idiots that did that. This group of people is a welcomed block of voters for Ted Cruz's camp apparently, gotta swoop them up before another candidate does, they are in high demand  

DocLightning

Mon May 04, 2015 12:42 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 33):
I don't think they did that, they just entertained the idiots that did that. This group of people is a welcomed block of voters for Ted Cruz's camp apparently, gotta swoop them up before another candidate does, they are in high demand  

They kinda did, though. Mr. Cruz less so than Mr. Abbott. Mr. Cruz just "reached out" and asked the Pentagon, "Say, you're not trying to take over Texas, are you?" And they said: "No, of course not." And Mr. Cruz said: "Didn't think so."

But in a way, even asking the question suggests he thought possibly so. Why else would one ask a question if one didn't want an answer? I wonder...  

As for Mr. Abbott, he went full potato on this one and said that with President Obama in power, it was reasonable not to trust the Armed Forces.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

DeltaMD90

Mon May 04, 2015 1:13 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 34):
Mr. Cruz just "reached out" and asked the Pentagon, "Say, you're not trying to take over Texas, are you?" And they said: "No, of course not." And Mr. Cruz said: "Didn't think so."

You know, come to think of it, I wonder how he phrased it... from the article:

Quote:
“My office has reached out to the Pentagon to inquire about this exercise,” he said. “We are assured it is a military training exercise. I have no reason to doubt those assurances, but I understand the reason for concern and uncertainty, because when the federal government has not demonstrated itself to be trustworthy in this administration, the natural consequence is that many citizens don’t trust what it is saying.”

Yes, how did he reach out? How did he ask it without sounding bonkers? Well, I guess him not sounding bonkers is an assumption that I'm making, one that I probably shouldn't make

Oh, don't forget to never let an opportunity to jab the President go by (see above quote)

rfields5421

Mon May 04, 2015 1:27 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 35):
Yes, how did he reach out?

There is a Congressional Liaison Office in DoD. Someone on Cruz's staff sends a memo over (e-mail) asking about the purpose of the exercise in Texas (and other states). They would reply by pointing out the routine notification DoD sends to representatives and senators of each state about military movements in their state (and Abbott also received such a notification}.

There is no real dialogue between the Senator and the Flag Officer who runs the Congressional Liaison Office. It's all handled by GS-12 or O-4 or lower staff.

And likely nothing more than repeating what was outlined in the original press release announcing the exercise.

MaverickM11

Mon May 04, 2015 7:03 am

Quoting us330 (Reply 28):
Do you mean the cities of Dallas, Houston, and Austin, or the metropolitan areas?

You can spot the cities on a map of the 2008 election returns because they are pretty much the only blue counties, beside the southern border.
I don't take responsibility at all

GDB

Mon May 04, 2015 9:34 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 31):
That's pretty big, really. To question the loyalty of the military...well, McCarthy tried that. Didn't go so well.

This Abbot loon seems rather like the McCarthy like character in the original 1962 movie, The Manchurian Candidate.

Speaking of filmed entertainment and right wing nutters, I'm working through season 4 of Boardwalk Empire and the actor playing the J Edgar Hoover of the 1920's looks like and sounds similar to Ted Cruz!

DIRECTFLT

Mon May 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Hey, even our Texas traffic cops are good shots....

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gar...-Contest-Police-Say-302436191.html
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

BestWestern

Tue May 05, 2015 12:42 am

Quoting scbriml (Reply 27):
But then, who would wait tables, tend gardens and stack supermarket shelves in the south-west?

They are hoping that slavery will come back. Seriously, sometimes the GOP rhetoric sounds like the Taliban - This paranoia is no different to the reasons why the Taliban don't allow polio injections in Afghanistan or Pakistan.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

LMP737

Tue May 05, 2015 3:37 am

Quoting bennett123 (Reply 7):

Good point. Maybe the governor should have the state guard do surveillance on all the military bases in Texas. Can't be to carefull.

LMP737

Wed May 06, 2015 12:27 am

Chuck, please stick to making B movies and TV shows with no plot.

http://news.yahoo.com/jade-helm-15-chuck-norris-worried-162125846.html

slider

Wed May 06, 2015 3:40 pm

What's wrong with holding the feds accountable?

I'm curious as to why the objection to a state asserting its own constitutionally protected authority?

Mir

Wed May 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 43):
I'm curious as to why the objection to a state asserting its own constitutionally protected authority?

It's not so much objection as ridicule. They've got the right to send out the state guard to keep an eye on the US military. But the idea that the US military would be engaged in the sort of stuff that's being suggested is ridiculous, and anyone who does want the guard used for such a purpose can no longer credibly claim to support the troops.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

sccutler

Wed May 06, 2015 7:03 pm

At the risk of being obvious, while I have seen a great deal of hand-wringing and clever commentary, I have also taken the extreme measure of reading the letter issued by Governor Abbott, and it appears that he has directed the State Guard to "monitor" the military operations; something they might be routinely expected to do, anyway. I could be as simple as a phone call.

I saw a headline in a (usually reliable) news source which ran a headline stating, "Texas Governor Deploys State Guard to Stave Off Obama Takeover."

Seriously.

Show me what I am (intangible terms) missing here, please.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

casinterest

Wed May 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Quoting sccutler (Reply 45):

Show me what I am (intangible terms) missing here, please.

How about the fact that the other 49 states don't send letters to the military that they will monitor them because their citizens don't trust the Federal Government.
Where ever you go, there you are.

einsteinboricua

Wed May 06, 2015 7:20 pm

Besides, Texas is already under the Federal Government (it lost in the Civil War...). What more control would it have? If anything I would think Alabama would be the one to be under federal control since it refuses to comply with a judicial order to issue marriage licenses.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

DeltaMD90

Wed May 06, 2015 7:39 pm

As Mir said, no one is objecting to TX sending it's on Guardsmen out, they're just (rightfully) making fun of the crazy conspiracy theorists.

I mean seriously, there is a group of people that thinks Obama is sending troops in several states to declare martial law and take people's guns and stuff. That's padded room, straitjacket crazy. And instead of politicians going "WTH, uh, yall are out of your minds" or even better, just ignoring them, they're humoring their delusions

I don't think this is a left vs right issue as much as a "Cruz and Abbott are crazy" issue, which we pretty much knew already

Ken777

Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 pm

What's wrong with holding the feds accountable?

Over the years I have found the feds to be pretty accountable.

There have been some huge FUBARs. The Vietnam War was one as was the Totally Unnecessary Mythical WMDs War in Iraq. I would note that these two phuck-ups were during a period of time when the President was from Texas. Yep, a basic Texas Politician and today the Texas politicians are worried about normal on-going military training?

Sending some low level groups of folks in some type of uniform to spy on Special Forces is plain stupidity. Makes you wonder what type of spying Texas is continually doing on military bases. Maybe it's time to shut some down and send the military personnel to saner states.