Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fxramper
Topic Author

Is Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner Hotter Than His Ex?

Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:37 pm

vikkyvik

RE: Is Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner Hotter Than His Ex?

Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Dunno. Can't actually see him/her through all the Photoshop.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Would you?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Kiwirob

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 pm

His unfortunate children, I almost feel sorry for them. The twit isn't removing his dick and he's not apparently attracted to men so wtf is the point?

fxramper
Topic Author

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 1):
Dunno. Can't actually see him/her through all the Photoshop.

The pics in the link are actual photos from Annie Leibovitz for the Vanity Fair cover.

LAX772LR

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:30 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 3):
His unfortunate children, I almost feel sorry for them.

Some might say the same for any of yours.

The twit

...glass houses, dude.  

so wtf is the point

Why do you need to understand? People are who they are-- what's it to you?

And I ask that in all seriously, not rhetorically: why the seemingly compulsive need to compartmentalize and label who/what people are?
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Osubuckeyes

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Quoting fxramper (Reply 4):
The pics in the link are actual photos from Annie Leibovitz for the Vanity Fair cover.

Magazine covers are notoriously heavy in the Photoshop department as is the case with this cover photo as well.

EA CO AS

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:49 pm

It had to have been an ego-crusher when your husband announces he's a woman.

Much more so when he turns out to be a more attractive woman than you ever were...   
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

fxramper
Topic Author

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 6):
Magazine covers are notoriously heavy in the Photoshop department as is the case with this cover photo as well.

Not for the photography I stared above. Welcome to the site and thread.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 7):

Seriously...

She said she wasn't aware of his sexuality all these years but his previous two female lovers knew and supported him.

Osubuckeyes

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Quoting fxramper (Reply 8):

Wasn't loading properly. My point remains on the cover. Thanks for the snark bud.

vikkyvik

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:48 pm

Either extremely heavy Photoshop or extremely heavy makeup combined with extremely flattering lighting.

Either way. Can't see the actual person.

By the way, how do you know there's no Photoshop used?

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 10):
My point remains on the cover.

Which is the photo I was looking at as well.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

solarflyer22

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:21 am

twit isn't removing his dick and he's not apparently attracted to men so wtf is the point?

lol, it's simply someone with money and mental health issues. I can't imagine the feeling of not really being you within your own skin but there are a long line of body image issues from anorexia to plastic surgery fiends. I don't know if that's medically correct but body image is definitely something many people have issues with. If they want to fix it this way so be it, the family is jacked anyway so no big loss here.

WarRI1

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:34 am

Doesn't anybody keep their personal problems to themselves anymore? He has problems, does not everybody? I find this self publicity abhorrent. Again they have made millions with this shit, and it still continues. Look at me. I personally do not want to. I had some sympathy until this. Not so much now.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

LAX772LR

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:45 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 7):
Much more so when he turns out to be a more attractive woman than you ever were

Fair point, though two things:
1) This can't be a surprise to her.
2) The specter may be an ego-crusher, but the income derived sure won't.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 13):
I had some sympathy until this.

And that's worth what exactly? ...to him, or really anyone else.
Get over yourself already, sheesh.  

WarRI1

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:53 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 14):
And that's worth what exactly? ...to him, or really anyone else.
Get over yourself already, sheesh.

Get over myself, are you kidding? Am I posing in lingerie at 65 years old, looking like a fooking ghost. I do not like people who use their problems to make money, that is exactly what this clown is doing once again.

[Edited 2015-06-01 18:54:59]

einsteinboricua

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:59 am

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 12):
mental health issues

Why is this a mental health issue?

I find this self publicity abhorrent

That is why I don't have any reaction. You feel like a woman? Perfect. We don't need to know about it. Then again, I've always despised the celebrity world, particularly people who write about the color of poop that an artist threw down their toilet and the people who think that knowing so makes their world better, as well as those celebrities that do want to show the world their poop's color.

[Edited 2015-06-01 18:59:32]
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

WarRI1

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:05 am

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 16):
That is why I don't have any reaction. You feel like a woman? Perfect. We don't need to know about it. Then again, I've always despised the celebrity world, particularly people who write about the color of poop that an artist threw down their toilet and the people who think that knowing so makes their world better, as well as those celebrities that do want to show the world their poop's color.

Exactly. The unfortunate should not make a mockery out of those fellow unfortunates who handle their misfortune with some dignity. Dignity is certainly taking a back seat to pandering in this case.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:10 am

I kind of agree about the craving money/attention stuff, which is clearly happening in a big way. But on the other hand, at this point in his life after all this reality TV/Kardashian shit, there is no way this could be done privately or low key, he'd have been hounded by paparazzi and in the news no matter how it was sliced.

There's something to be said for putting a face and story behind these transgender issues, but it may be getting over the top with this new show etc.

[Edited 2015-06-01 19:14:59]

n229nw

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:46 am

His unfortunate children, I almost feel sorry for them. The twit isn't removing his dick and he's not apparently attracted to men so wtf is the point?
Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 5):

Some might say the same for any of yours.

Indeed. I have never encounted anyone so completely lacking in empathy in all cases. See also the the immigration thread also going.

Why do you need to understand? People are who they are-- what's it to you?

And I ask that in all seriously, not rhetorically: why the seemingly compulsive need to compartmentalize and label who/what people are?

Great post.
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

DocLightning

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:51 am

And put it down?

But I'm not surprised at Kiwirob. "He's not homo/transphobic." He just has a problem with sexual minorities...yanno...existing.

As for me:

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 16):
You feel like a woman? Perfect. We don't need to know about it.

Exactly. Transition. Tell the people in your life who need to know. You had long since stopped being famous before this happened. I know a few who have transitioned and they did not need a Vanity Fair photoshoot.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

garnetpalmetto

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:19 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 20):

Exactly. Transition. Tell the people in your life who need to know. You had long since stopped being famous before this happened. I know a few who have transitioned and they did not need a Vanity Fair photoshoot.

Here's the rub though, Doc. Jenner is still a celebrity, B/C List though she may be, and, if anything, her celebrity was reignited (at least somewhat) by Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It seems that people tend to generally be alright with celebrities bringing attention to some disorder or disease that happens to afflict them - Michael J. Fox (Parkinson's Syndrome), Angelina Jolie and Christina Applegate (breast cancer), B.B. King and Wilford Brimley (diabetes), and of course the parade of celebs with eating disorders, drug and alcohol problems, etc. The problem comes when there's any amount of squick, particularly as it relates to sexuality. When a celeb comes out of the closet or, in Jenner's case, comes out as transgendered you hear the chorus of "Who cares" and "Keep it to yourself." In Jenner's case, how is what she's going through any different than, say, Michael J. Fox? They're both raising awareness for something that effects others - in Jenner's case it's GID/gender dysphoria. Why shouldn't Fox keep his Parkinson's to himself? Or King not said a word about his diabetes?

Knowing someone who has transitioned male-to-female and two more friends who are transitioning (one male-to-female, one female-to-male), maybe I'm particularly sympathetic, especially seeing both how miserable they were before beginning their transitions and how happy they were afterwards. If Jenner bringing this to the public eye helps people like her who suffer from gender dysphoria successfully adapt and understand that there are other people like them out there, then more power to her.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

WarRI1

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:24 am

Quoting garnetpalmetto (Reply 21):
Knowing someone who has transitioned male-to-female and two more friends who are transitioning (one male-to-female, one female-to-male), maybe I'm particularly sympathetic, especially seeing both how miserable they were before beginning their transitions and how happy they were afterwards. If Jenner bringing this to the public eye helps people like her who suffer from gender dysphoria successfully adapt and understand that there are other people like them out there, then more power to her.

All well and good, but that would be an honorable quest. I do not think a cover on Vanity Fair and the Lingerie modeling serves a noble purpose. I think the history of this family rules out noble reasons for doing anything. Now Mercenary may describe it better.

Osubuckeyes

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:50 am

I think if the story was Bruce Jenner, athlete, decides to transition to Caitlyn etc... Versus Bruce Jenner associated,with the Kardashians and all their baggage, decides to transition via Vanity Fair setting up the perfect backdrop for the next reality show I think it would be taken more seriously. Even if this publicity wasn't the backdrop for the next reality show it is hard to ignore the personal/public history with media and grabbing attention.

DocLightning

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:52 am

Fair enough point. And it is raising visibility. I'm just not sure that her particular brand of visibility does the trans community much service. But perhaps I should let them decide that.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

LAX772LR

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:21 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 15):
Get over myself, are you kidding?

Nope.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 15):
Am I posing in lingerie at 65 years old, looking like a fooking ghost.

No, you're just whining about it as if it has the slightest effect on your life/existence/well-being.

I mean, if some tranny debutant bothers you that badly... then the issue's more with you, not anything she's doing; and perhaps more so than you're comfortable self-admitting. Just saying.

trav110

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 17):

Why is being transgender any more unfortunate than, say, being gay? By calling it unfortunate you are implying that there is something wrong with being transgender, and there just isn't. People are people. Who the f#$! cares?

mariner

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 24):
I'm just not sure that her particular brand of visibility does the trans community much service.

I really can't see that it does any harm to the trans community and if it raises awareness of the issue it may well do some good.

I'd much rather it happened like this - Jenner's choice - than what has happened to some celebrities, outed against their will or wishes by others with a less charitable agenda.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:07 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 20):
But I'm not surprised at Kiwirob. "He's not homo/transphobic." He just has a problem with sexual minorities...yanno...existing.

Come on Doc this is Jenners gravy train, there is nothiong sexual about this at all. The dude still has a dick, he still wants to bang chicks, he's not flipped and taken a liking for sausage. The way I see his time line is like this:

Gains fame and fortune winning Olympic Gold way way back in the 70's, famous for a few years then nothing.

Marries Chris, Chris happens to be former wife of a wealthy man, her daughters hang with the Hiltons. Kim makes a sex tape, due to being mates with Paris and part of her cirlce this tape becomes her meal ticket.

Sex tape turns in a Reality TV show, Jenner is back in the lime light, he's now known again, makes more money.

Chris and Jenner split, he's back to being the uninteresting person he was before the show. Bye bye meal ticket.

Decides to do something about it, likes being on TV, but isn't interesting enough to base a show around, decides to do something about that.

After a series of carefully publicised photo ops, a few surgeries, then a Leibovitz photoshoot Jenner announces his new Reality TV show, he's goes from being pretty much a nobody in the Kardashians show to the front man of his I'm now a chick with a dick show and this is how I did it. They'll be enough people that will be glued to this train wreck show to make the advertisers happy and Jenner many more millions.

So yeah there is nothing sexual about this at all, it's about fame and the money fame brings. He's like the dude in Vegas who got implants for a million dollar bet.

If Jenner really wanted to transition to being a female without any publicity he could have done so pretty easily, he was a minor character on the show, if we never heard from him again nobody would have noticed, except he came out in a blaze of publicity and promptly announced his own show.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:18 am

That's pretty much wrong, kiwirob.

He could not have done this without publicity, he was all over tabloids and hounded by paparazzi before any of this went down or public. I barely knew who the guy was, but clearly millions of people eat this reality shit up. I'm not saying I understand, but theres no way this could have been done even remotely privately.

It's also known and documented that he's had issues and episodes with these identity issues going way back, and even taken hormones and stuff back in the '80s. It didn't come out of nowhere for publicity.

[Edited 2015-06-01 23:19:44]

mad99

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:53 am

I wonder who the love interest will be?
Nobody will watch unless Bruce gets taken for a ride

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:01 am

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 29):
That's pretty much wrong, kiwirob.

Is it really, he was a someone who became a nobody who became a someone again, he could very easily have gone back to being a nobody with a few years out of the public eye. I'm sorry but this just stinks of self promotion and grandstanding, and there's a tv program.

Quoting mad99 (Reply 30):
I wonder who the love interest will be?

You gotta wonder, it's not going to be a guy, he's not gay and why would any self respecting female want to get involved.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 31):
Is it really, he was a someone who became a nobody who became a someone again, he could very easily have gone back to being a nobody with a few years out of the public eye. I'm sorry but this just stinks of self promotion and grandstanding, and there's a tv program.

There may very well be those motivations to some degree, but I'm just saying it wasn't some contrived edgy issue to sprout up from nowhere.. there is a history.

[Edited 2015-06-02 00:06:02]

mad99

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:16 am

According to Bissinger, Jenner’s sexual appetite was always exclusively for women, but she admitted she was unsure about the future. Either way, it’s not her biggest concern, she said.

he's not gay

just a hint of what's to come

[Edited 2015-06-02 00:20:32]

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:25 am

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 32):
there is a history

Where's the proof?

mariner

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:28 am

You gotta wonder, it's not going to be a guy, he's not gay and why would any self respecting female want to get involved.

I know a number of cross dressers (male as female) who remain avowedly heterosexual and faithful to their wives.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:40 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 35):
I know a number of cross dressers (male as female) who remain avowedly heterosexual and faithful to their wives.

How many of them are public figurers where everyone knows what they are up to?

A gay female isn't going to be interested, he still has a penis, a straight female would run a mile, unless they were after the celebrity factor as well. I expect he will remain single.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:46 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-transgender-journey-in-1980s.html

This is probably not the 'proof' you're after, but there was also some family corroborations in the interview and it just seems very hard to believe that this was all fabricated.. there'd be a lot easier ways to make publicity for yourself.

Frankly, just look at his pictures over time. It adds up.

[Edited 2015-06-02 00:47:10]

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:49 am

forgive me, if i don't hi-five Caitlyn regarding how incredibly brave she is.

I just hope at some point down the road she can get over herself and start using her name to pass laws to protect transgender Americans. Instead of giving free interviews to Diane Sawyer and Vanity Fair.

All these missed opportunities. why didn't she simply ask them to donate funds to transgender charities to help those who can't afford to have the same life changing surgery that she had?

i also think it's odd that the media is covering this, yet ignoring the 3 transgenders who were murdered this year
and the 13 that were murdered last year.

When is society going to get to the point, that we are as outrageous about hate crimes directed at transgenders ?
Mathew Shepard murder and outrage happened 16 years ago.

When are we going to evolve?

LAX772LR

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:00 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 35):

Well, there is the line of thought that the only true "100% heterosexual" men, are (some) male crossdressers who remain attracted to women..... they don't even have enough innate homosexuality to tolerate their own male appearance.

Quoting DLFREEBIRD (Reply 38):
When is society going to get to the point, that we are as outrageous about hate crimes directed at transgenders ?

Better yet, when is society going to get to the point where they're outraged at a crime perpetrated against ANYONE.... and the race/gender/orientation/age/looks/wealth of the individual isn't even worth mention.

Only then, will we be anywhere beyond where we are now.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:01 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 36):

A gay female isn't going to be interested, he still has a penis, a straight female would run a mile, unless they were after the celebrity factor as well. I expect he will remain single.

Hes a republican chick with a dick. Go to capitol hill, he'll have 10 suitors in 20 minutes.

johnboy

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:07 am

She said she wasn't aware of his sexuality all these years but his previous two female lovers knew and supported him.

Minor point of correction (actually major):

You're referring to gender identity, not sexuality (or "sexual orientation")
They aren't the same.

mariner

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:10 am

How many of them are public figurers where everyone knows what they are up to?

What does that have to do with their gender/sexuality and why does celebrity offend you?

A gay female isn't going to be interested, he still has a penis, a straight female would run a mile, unless they were after the celebrity factor as well.

My world doesn't divide into gay and straight. I've been homo all my life and yet I've done it - physically - with women.

Two of my closest and long standing friends - one male, one female - each seduced me, not long after they had broken up with each other. We have remained extraordinarily close.

People can be more complex than you seem to allow.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:50 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 42):
What does that have to do with their gender/sexuality and why does celebrity offend you?

As long as he has a penis he's still a guy. Celebrity doesn't offend me, they way he's using his situation to further his celebrity does.

Quoting mariner (Reply 42):
and yet I've done it - physically - with women.

Fantastic aren't they.

mariner

Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:27 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 43):
Celebrity doesn't offend me, they way he's using his situation to further his celebrity does.

We all work with what we've got.

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 43):
Fantastic aren't they.

Women? Sure, some of my best friends are women. They just don't turn me on like blokes do.

mariner
aeternum nauta

skyservice_330

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 pm

The twit

That is pretty rich coming from someone who had the sense and decency to comment on the 'bangability' of young girls in a post about sexual abuse and molestation...

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 28):
he still wants to bang chicks
isn't removing his dick and he's not apparently attracted to men so wtf is the point?

Gender identify and sexual orientation are completely different.

zckls04

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Doesn't anybody keep their personal problems to themselves anymore? He has problems, does not everybody? I find this self publicity abhorrent. Again they have made millions with this shit, and it still continues. Look at me. I personally do not want to. I had some sympathy until this. Not so much now.

I agree to an extent, but if you think this wouldn't have been all over the tabloids anyway, I think you're wrong. At least this way she can control that publicity and make it positive rather than negative.

I don't think it reflects particularly well on Jenner's character that she chose to do this now rather than years earlier. Lying to one's family for years doesn't sit well with me at all. But the actual change itself doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Why not just accept that this is a world you have precisely zero understanding of, and move on? I'm not sure why such an ill-informed opinion is worth giving.
Four Granavox Turbines!

LAX772LR

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Quoting zckls04 (Reply 46):
Why not just accept that this is a world you have precisely zero understanding of, and move on? I'm not sure why such an ill-informed opinion is worth giving.

Pretty hypocritical, for someone who's chastising another as an attention-seeker, isn't it?   

na

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Plastic surgery turns the body into a model kit.

I wonder if brain surgery will make this type of surgery unnecessary in a few years time by just setting the brain right.

Kiwirob

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Quoting skyservice_330 (Reply 45):
That is pretty rich coming from someone who had the sense and decency to comment on the 'bangability' of young girls in a post about sexual abuse and molestation...

In the photo they're all over age, early 20's, no big deal.

Quoting skyservice_330 (Reply 45):
Gender identify and sexual orientation are completely different.

Not so here, he still male, his gender and his sexual orientation is exclusively female. If anything he's a screwed up publicity whore promoting his new reality show.

777way

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:45 pm

This pales in comparison to well adjusted masculine guys who transitioned, one was a amatuer bodybuilder and college foot ball player, another was a wrestler in college and third was a Navy seal.

BTW some de-transition after living for most of their life as the opposite gender.