Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

RE: Is Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner Hotter Than His Ex?

Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:24 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 99):
Without the makeup and photoshop he still looks like a 65 year old dude.

And she should still feel comfortable in her own skin. Even if that skin started off male.

Magazine covers go for total glam. Even the insides of magazines are spotless. I get that. I just don't understand the whole freak out over Caitlyn. A human body that feels more comfortable being one gender than another. As long as that person is happy. Besides, it is none of my business. Caitlyn Jenner's happiness has zero to do with me. I wish her all the best, but I have my own life to deal with.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

mad99

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:00 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 99):
Without the makeup and photoshop he still looks like a 65 year old dude.

a 65 yo dude who has been in a fire. That plastic surgery makes him look like rocket inspector who got caught out!!

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:53 am

Leave it to the internet, to give a voice to all the haters out there.

Kiwirob

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:43 am

Quoting DLFREEBIRD (Reply 102):
Leave it to the internet, to give a voice to all the haters out there.

I don't hate, I think he's an idiot and to call him female is an insult to all females.

As I heard yesterday from a female co-worker she said she wouldn't want him using the same changing facilities at the gym or any other female only location. I wouldn't want someone like him using the same facilities as my wife or daughter either, i.e. changing room at the local pool, no freaking way should a guy with boobs be allowed in.

akiss20

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:13 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 103):
I don't hate,

Yea you really do

As I heard yesterday from a female co-worker she said she wouldn't want him using the same changing facilities at the gym or any other female only location. I wouldn't want someone like him using the same facilities as my wife or daughter either, i.e. changing room at the local pool, no freaking way should a guy with boobs be allowed in.

Tough shit for your wife and your co-worker. Are you going to require a full medical history when you join a gym? Or should we just drop our pants as part of the application process? I'm sure there are people who don't want me, as a dangerous dangerous gay man, to be changing with them in the locker room. To them I say, and I suggest Caitlyn say and all trans people who have to deal with people like you say the same, f***king deal with it.

[Edited 2015-06-05 05:15:45]

[Edited 2015-06-05 05:16:36]

[Edited 2015-06-05 05:18:27]
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

Kiwirob

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:09 pm

For all the straight members, would you want him using the same changing room as you wife or daughter?

DocLightning

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:10 pm

I don't hate,

Neither you nor Tony Perkins hate sexual minorities. You just wish we'd all disappear, but that's not hate.

I wouldn't want someone like him using the same facilities as my wife or daughter either, i.e. changing room at the local pool, no freaking way should a guy with boobs be allowed in.

So you'd be OK with her using the men's room with you, then?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

garnetpalmetto

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 105):

For all the straight members, would you want him using the same changing room as you wife or daughter?

I'd have no problem whatsoever with her using the same changing room as my wife, nor a problem with either of our two transwomen friends, nor a problem with any of our lesbian friends. Likewise I'd have no problem using the same changing room as my transman friend nor a problem with any of my gay friends.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Kiwirob

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 106):
So you'd be OK with her using the men's room with you, then?

I'd make him use the handicapped toilet.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 106):
You just wish we'd all disappear, but that's not hate.

Doc if you all dissappeared there would be more straight males competing for the better looking women, you lot do provide some benefit. There would also be fewer male nurses, hairdressers and flight attendants, probably not so great either.

I don't see being gay as the same issue as bruce and his problem, IMO being gay is no different than being a vegitarian it's a stupid lifestyle choice nothing more than that. Apart from gay marriage you can do what you like.

zckls04

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:28 pm

Couldn't give a shit. Judging by many past threads I'd rather them share a changing room with her than be in the same city as a sleazy lech such as yourself. There'd be no doubt in my mind which was more dangerous.

I don't hate, I think he's an idiot and to call him female is an insult to all females.

I can only assume this is some sort of elaborate satire.

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 108):
I don't see being gay as the same issue as bruce and his problem, IMO being gay is no different than being a vegitarian it's a stupid lifestyle choice nothing more than that

OK, we're all very impressed with your manliness. But if you believe that, why isn't this a "stupid lifestyle choice" as well? What extra "harm" is it that you perceive to yourself that makes you so full of bile?
Four Granavox Turbines!

DeltaMD90

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:33 pm

A real transgendered individual? Don't care. The straw man you're probably talking about aka random dude that decides one day to dress with the ladies? Of course

IMO being gay is no different than being a vegitarian it's a stupid lifestyle choice nothing more than that.

That's like saying "IMO the world is flat." It's not really an opinion, you're just wrong in saying that it's a choice

DocLightning

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:41 pm

IMO being gay is no different than being a vegitarian it's a stupid lifestyle choice nothing more than that.

Sorry, girl. I was born this way. The only choice I've made is not to live in hiding.

And the fact that you just called me a "stupid lifestyle choice" pretty much proves my point about you.

I'd make him use the handicapped toilet.

And in many places that toilet comes inside the men's and women's rooms. So basically what you are saying is that transgendered people should not have a right to use the bathroom.

You're really a lovely person, you know that? Maybe we should start voting to take rights away from hateful bigots. I mean, that is a lifestyle choice if there ever was one. The first sign that someone is a hateful bigot is that they say: "I'm not a hateful bigot!"
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

jacobin777

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 88):

That's because gender is not learned, it is inborn. And sometimes it is inborn into a mismatched body. But I'm wasting my time trying to teach you because you're not interested in learning.

Personally/socially, I really don't care about his situation. It really doesn't apply or affect me one bit.

Scientifically, if he's confused about his gender a simple DNA test (more specifically regarding chromosome #23) might help him "discover" who he is.

Other traits, especially psychological traits can be changed/altered via counseling, medication, therapy, etc.

That being said, I'm not a physician/psychologist so i really don't have an expertise here.   .
"Up the Irons!"

DocLightning

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 112):
That being said, I'm not a physician/psychologist so i really don't have an expertise here.

Then maybe you should let those of us who are physicians educate you.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

DeltaMD90

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Scientifically, if he's confused about his gender a simple DNA test (more specifically regarding chromosome #23) might help him "discover" who he is.

I used to be confused myself on it til I realized gender includes a multitude of things. If my penis suddenly turned into a vagina, I doubt I'd magically become very different, I'd still feel like a guy.

It's a very rare and complicated issue, but it's not as if it's some arbitrary thing someone decides one day. As Doc said, I'll refer to the medical professionals and they are not saying these people are simply deranged

DocLightning

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 114):
It's a very rare and complicated issue, but it's not as if it's some arbitrary thing someone decides one day. As Doc said, I'll refer to the medical professionals and they are not saying these people are simply deranged

Well, in a sense they are. Or at least "disordered." So there are two cures. 1) Change the gender identity to match the body or 2) Change the body to match the identity.

(1) is impossible and basically would involve changing a core part of someone's persona, which raises some serious ethical questions.

(2) is possible and we're getting better at it.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

mariner

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:24 pm

I don't see being gay as the same issue as bruce and his problem, IMO being gay is no different than being a vegitarian it's a stupid lifestyle choice nothing more than that.

What "choice" would that be? I never made a choice to be queer.

When I was a teen it automatically set me apart in society, I lost friends because of it and I lost work because of it. It made me a criminal if I did anything about it, such as have sex with a male partner.

Why would I have chosen to be queer?

mariner
aeternum nauta

DocLightning

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 116):
Why would I have chosen to be queer?

Because you're a deviant. Or something.  

Don't try to convince her because she doesn't want to be convinced. (And lest anyone accuse me of ad homiem attacks, if Kiwirob doesn't like me using the wrong gender pronoun on her, then maybe she should stop doing it to Ms. Jenner and, by extension, all other members of the trans community. Turnabout is fair play, not ad homiem.)

I used to be confused myself on it til I realized gender includes a multitude of things. If my penis suddenly turned into a vagina, I doubt I'd magically become very different, I'd still feel like a guy.

And that's just it. If you suddenly woke up tomorrow and discovered that not only were you a woman, but all of history had been changed and everyone remembered you as a woman and your driver's license had you listed as female, you'd want to change back.

That's how transgendered people are born. And some of them don't even identify with a binary gender. Believe it or not, there isn't a fundamental physical law that mandates that all people must identify as one or the other. Yes, 99+% of us do, but sometimes it just doesn't work that way. The gender nonconforming are still human beings and have a right to dignity.

[Edited 2015-06-05 12:30:52]
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

mariner

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 117):
Because you're a deviant.

Okay, I'm a deviant from the societal norm - whatever that is. It's why I dislike the coy American euphemism "gay."

My "deviancy" was hammered into me when I was sixteen and seventeen, to the point that I began to believe it. So now I don't give a stuff what trolls like Kiwirob think, I'm not trying to persuade him or anyone of anything, I've fought too many of those battles all my life and now it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

But I have always been astonished by the arrogance of those who are not queer insisting they know what being queer is like.

mariner
aeternum nauta

jacobin777

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:45 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 113):
That being said, I'm not a physician/psychologist so i really don't have an expertise here.

Then maybe you should let those of us who are physicians educate you.

I guess I can ask my brother, he's a board certified neurologist and psychologist...he might know a few things... 

An uncle of mine is chair of psychiatry at a VA, I guess I can get his medical opinion as well.

I used to be confused myself on it til I realized gender includes a multitude of things

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but again, chromosome #23 makes a big difference as far as I'm concerned.

Are there genetic variations to this? Certainly. Does Mr. Jenner suffer from it? I have no idea.

Growing up and watching Bruce Jenner, to me, ostensibly, he was a male at least phenotypically.

As Doc said, I'll refer to the medical professionals and they are not saying these people are simply deranged

I never said they are.
"Up the Irons!"

DeltaMD90

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:03 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 119):
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but again, chromosome #23 makes a big difference as far as I'm concerned.

It is. There are a lot of things, the penis being a big one (no pun intended.) These are physical properties... my understanding is that the disconnect happens in the brain

I think we take for granted that 'males have penises and females have vaginas.' It's probably the most recognized difference in gender. But really, gender encompasses so much more, not just genitalia. What happens when they don't match? That is where we get transgendered people. A lot of people just ignore all these other attributes and focus only on the penis or vagina. Hopefully this changes, I would be lying if I said I didn't think negatively of transgendered people at one time, but the issue is being raised and people are becoming more educated about it. Ignorance of the issue will not always be an excuse (not saying this applies to you, just people in general)

I never said they are.

My apologies

DocLightning

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:12 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 120):
It is. There are a lot of things, the penis being a big one (no pun intended.)

Really, dude. You can't say stuff like that when I'm around!!!

Quoting mariner (Reply 118):
So now I don't give a stuff what trolls like Kiwirob think, I'm not trying to persuade him or anyone of anything, I've fought too many of those battles all my life and now it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

She's not here to be convinced. She's here to pass judgement and feel superior to the rest of us. Which is fine. I became an adult the day I realized that my self-worth is not dependent on anyone else's assessment of me.

But there might be a transkid lurking and reading these posts and tearing him or herself apart inside with the realization of what s/he is. Perhaps s/he is thinking of killing himself and people like Kiwirob are only pushing him or her further in that direction. To that kid, I say this:

All of us in the LGBT community have been through it in our own way. We all discovered that we were something inside that the rest of the world told us was wrong. We've all had to deal with fine examples of humanity like Kiwirob. And we came out, we rose above, and we became stronger for it. If your family forsakes you, we're here for you. Just look for us; we're here to help. If you're near me in the SF Bay Area and you need a safe place to sleep tonight or any night, my guest room is all yours. Just fire me a PM.

At any LGBT event, you'll probably hear a song from the 1970's called "We Are Family." There's a reason that song is our anthem; many of us have lost our families to hatred and bigotry. But we've found each other and we support each other.

And I promise you, anonymous LGBT kid:

When you're going through hell, keep going.

[Edited 2015-06-05 22:16:24]
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

seb146

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:49 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 120):
my understanding is that the disconnect happens in the brain

Some brains see a peepee between their legs and think "Yipee!! Just want I wanted!!" Some brains see a vajayjay between their legs and think "Yipee!! Just what I wanted!!" Some brains see a peepee between their legs and think "Damn it!! I sure as hell did not want this!!" Some brains see a vajayjay between their legs and think "Damn it!! I sure as hell did not want this!!"

The very absolute most important thing is: I know what I have between my legs and I like it and that is all that matters to me. Everyone else has their own path and that is their to explore. God bless and have a great day.

DocLightning

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:07 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 122):
Some brains see a peepee between their legs and think "Yipee!! Just want I wanted!!" Some brains see a vajayjay between their legs and think "Yipee!! Just what I wanted!!" Some brains see a peepee between their legs and think "Damn it!! I sure as hell did not want this!!" Some brains see a vajayjay between their legs and think "Damn it!! I sure as hell did not want this!!"

The very absolute most important thing is: I know what I have between my legs and I like it and that is all that matters to me. Everyone else has their own path and that is their to explore. God bless and have a great day.

I'm going to steal this. Thank you.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Kiwirob

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:54 am

I guess I can ask my brother, he's a board certified neurologist and psychologist...he might know a few things...

An uncle of mine is chair of psychiatry at a VA, I guess I can get his medical opinion as well.

Both are a bit more impressive than a confused baby doc with a chip on his shoulder.

DocLightning

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:14 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 124):
Both are a bit more impressive than a confused baby doc with a chip on his shoulder.

That's almost as flattering as the time anti-vaxxers called me a Nazi and a baby killer.

Glad to know I'm ticking off the right people.  
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Kiwirob

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:20 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 125):

That's almost as flattering as the time anti-vaxxers called me a Nazi and a baby killer.

Glad to know I'm ticking off the right people.

I wouldn't go that far, nor are you ticking me off, it's a webforum nothing said here impacts my life at all.

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:29 am

Frankly this thread makes the biggest "stupid lifestyle choice" seem like being kiwirob.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

EA CO AS

Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:10 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 126):
it's a webforum nothing said here impacts my life at all.

And yet you keep coming back, spending your time on this topic...
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

777way

Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 am

Is calling others "HER" who are disagreeing with you all a new form on insult on the forums, mods need to take notr, its the second thread I have come accross it.

drew777

Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:57 am

So when will she be turning in those gold medals?

akiss20

Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 129):
Is calling others "HER" who are disagreeing with you all a new form on insult on the forums, mods need to take notr, its the second thread I have come accross it.

They are using not the female pronoun because it is demeaning but because Kiwirob refuses to respect the pronoun preferences of transgendered individuals, so they are the doing the same to him. A taste of his own medicine if you will. They would use "he" if Kiwirob identified as female and had the same views, however, we all know a.net is very heavily male, so "she" becomes the prominent pronoun for such a protest.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

777way

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:03 pm

As I said someone else called another person HER/SHE during a disagreement session in another topic, so it seems to be picking up.

DocLightning

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 129):

No, I explained that I mean as an object lesson in calling people by the gender pronoun they occur. It Kiwirob takes it as an insult, then perhaps that's her internal issue with misogyny. Call me "she" and I'll just inform you that I prefer a male gender pronoun. But then again, I make it a point to call others by their own preferred gender pronoun except in certain cases like this one. I also don't consider it demeaning to be feminized; merely incorrect.

BTW, when a drag queen is in costume, she is "she." When he is not, he is "he." Although I have no idea what to do in this case:

Calling me a "confused baby doc with a chip on his shoulder" is an insult. But one I take with pride.

Quoting drew777 (Reply 130):

So when will she be turning in those gold medals?

At the time he won them, he was competing as a man and was biologically male. Transitioning after the fact does not remove the medals and I dismiss any attempt to remove those medals as pure, hateful transphobia.

Now, as for high-level sports, there is a dilemma because an transwoman still has a physical advantage over a ciswoman. That's why male and female events are separated in the first place (although I wonder if events like archery and skeet shooting should be so segregated). By contrast, a transman enters at a disadvantage to cismen. So do we only ban transwomen from high-level sports? All transpeople? I don't like any of the options.

[Edited 2015-06-06 07:03:49]
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

DocLightning

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 127):
Frankly this thread makes the biggest "stupid lifestyle choice" seem like being kiwirob.

I considered reporting the ad-homiem attack, but I decided not to.

As I said above: dealing with people like Kiwirob is just something those of us in the LGBT community have to learn to do. There isn't always a mod around in the real world.

So I'll just leave that stupidity out there for everyone to see.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

DeltaMD90

Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 134):
As I said above: dealing with people like Kiwirob is just something those of us in the LGBT community have to learn to do. There isn't always a mod around in the real world.

Honestly, I'm starting to think she is a troll. The bastardization/lack of logic coming from her is beyond simply disagreeing. It's sick that she derives so much pleasure from hurting others but like you said, the world is full of people like her  

I often wondered what it was like living through the civil rights era in the 1950s and what side I'd be on. It was the single revelation that "No, I would NOT be on the side of black people, I'd be a segregationist" that made me pro-LGBT and fundamentally changed me as a person. Whether she's trolling or not, her posts are a great thing to look back on in a few decades and tell my kids about. So thanks kiwiroberta for being a modern example of 1950s segregationists!

DocLightning

Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 135):
Honestly, I'm starting to think she is a troll. The bastardization/lack of logic coming from her is beyond simply disagreeing. It's sick that she derives so much pleasure from hurting others but like you said, the world is full of people like her

It's a matter of degree. Some spew hate. Some act on it. Sometimes they take over entire countries and commit mass atrocities. The slope of hatred is a slippery one. But they all hold one thing in common: a fundamental belief that an entire group of people is fundamentally flawed or inferior.

There is a long history of hatred and fear of "the other" in humanity and it commonly leads to violence. In the West, civilization has managed to clamp down on the outright violence, but only two generations ago... In other parts of the world, the lynchings continue.

Many of the people today who stand up and say awful things about entire groups (be it sexual minorities, racial minorities, or religious minorities) claim that they would never engage in violence. But I wonder if Kiwirob had been born in another time and place under a different flag if he would be one of those throwing the man off a building.

More alarmingly, I sometimes wonder if, given a different minority and a different upbringing...could it be me doing the lynching? I like to think I am inherently immune to such urges, but I can't know that for sure.

I often wondered what it was like living through the civil rights era in the 1950s and what side I'd be on. It was the single revelation that "No, I would NOT be on the side of black people, I'd be a segregationist" that made me pro-LGBT and fundamentally changed me as a person.

I've wondered the same. I grew up in a diverse community and I grew up as a religious minority. From a young age, I learned about the consequences of prejudice and hatred and promised myself that I would never contribute to such things. I have been ignorant about many things, most recently trans issues, but I've always been open to learning.

But had I been born in Israel, would I hate Palestinians in the way that so many Israelis do? Would I support Bibi? I can only wonder.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

DeltaMD90

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 136):
More alarmingly, I sometimes wonder if, given a different minority and a different upbringing...could it be me doing the lynching? I like to think I am inherently immune to such urges, but I can't know that for sure.
But had I been born in Israel, would I hate Palestinians in the way that so many Israelis do? Would I support Bibi? I can only wonder.

Most likely we would. While I don't condone violence, such as in the Israel-Palestine conflict, I'm not surprised it happens and I'd probably do the same.

Difference is we are in a situation where we have all the opportunity to be better people... just like Kiwirob has the opportunity. What bothers me is not that we disagree but her complete lack of empathy and willful close-mindedness, both of which I believe are completely in her control. Either that or she's trolling and I'm kinda leaning towards that

777way

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 133):

They should have dropped the collar on the female side and made the tie bit around the neck on that side a necklace.

ikramerica

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:21 pm

If you photoshopped me I'd be smokin'! Of course, you probably have to photoshop 99.9% to get there, but there are some great artists out there.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

seb146

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

I wonder if Kiwirob understands the question: when did you choose to become heterosexual? When did you choose that lifestyle? Some people don't get it for a long, long time. I don't get why people have surgery to become the opposite gender. But, like I said before, it has zero to do with me, so I don't care how other people choose to live their lives and be happy and comfortable. Likewise with people who choose to live a heterosexual lifestyle. If they choose to live their entire life with a member of the opposite gender, it makes no difference to me. I refuse to shame and bully them for choosing the heterosexual lifestyle because their lifestyle choice has zero to do with what I do in my life and my home.

Kiwirob

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Quoting akiss20 (Reply 131):
They are using not the female pronoun because it is demeaning but because Kiwirob refuses to respect the pronoun preferences of transgendered individuals, so they are the doing the same to him.

They can call me a women as much as they like, I simply don't care, I am male, just like Bruce is, the big difference is I haven't had myself gelded, or spent apparently 4 million dollars pretending to be something Bruce will never be.

seb146

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 141):
They can call me a women as much as they like, I simply don't care, I am male, just like Bruce is, the big difference is I haven't had myself gelded, or spent apparently 4 million dollars pretending to be something Bruce will never be.

The difference between you and Caitlyn/Bruce is that you are a man trapped in a man's body. Caitlyn/Bruce is a woman trapped in a man's body.

mariner

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 141):

Her life. Her money. Her pursuit of happiness.

mariner

[Edited 2015-06-06 13:15:36]
aeternum nauta

zckls04

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm sure there were plenty of people around too cowardly to stand up to the lynch mob, who stood by even though in their hearts they thought it was wrong. You or I might have been one of those, but probably not a very active participant.

Upbringing has a lot to do with it, particularly on the father's side. If you're not taught any intellectual curiosity, your reaction to an new situation is always going to be fear and rage, rather than a desire to find out more. But it's also genetic I think. Some people are more aggressive by nature, and more driven by testosterone than others. I doubt I would ever achieve that state of bloodlust; it's just completely foreign to my nature.

But we'll never know. Thank god we live in enlightened times (most of us, at any rate)

Quoting ikramerica (Reply 139):
If you photoshopped me I'd be smokin'! Of course, you probably have to photoshop 99.9% to get there, but there are some great artists out there.

I think in my case it might be simpler just to paste a picture of somebody else over the top. Maybe I'll leave the hands in- they are OK.
Four Granavox Turbines!

Kiwirob

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 143):

Her life. Her money. Her pursuit of happiness.

His life, his money, his mental issues.

mariner

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 145):
His life, his money, his mental issues.

Your problem.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Kiwirob

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 146):
Your problem.

His problem, it's just something for me to kick around.

mariner

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 147):
His problem, it's just something for me to kick around.

It's obviously not a problem for her, you're the one that seems to have issues.

I'm wondering that you seem to be so threatened by it.

mariner

[Edited 2015-06-06 14:06:20]
aeternum nauta

johnboy

Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 148):
I'm wondering that you seem to be so threatened by it.

hmmmmm.........