ams747757

RE: The Beer Thread!

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Great thread. Having spent 3.5 months in Germany last fall... haven't met a German beer I didn't like.

That being said, I also tend to gravitate towards Belgian wheats too... love a good wit.

Thankfully, there are a lot of good local breweries where I am located in the states that make some good beers too. I avoid some of the usual American mass produced suspects. No good.

We can get a lot of German/Belgian imports in the U.S., but one I miss is Eichbaum from Mannheim where I lived. They had a nice Radler that I could really go for now that its getting hot here in the States.

RussianJet

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Quoting johns624 (Reply 44):
McEwan's Scotch Ale.

That stuff is total shite.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

Bongodog1964

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 51):
Quoting johns624 (Reply 44):
McEwan's Scotch Ale.

That stuff is total shite.

Shite is good for making plants grow, McEwan's isn't even any good for that. My recollection is that its nasty fizzy stuff served up to people whose taste buds have long expired.

csturdiv

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:16 pm

Last night I had a black imperial pilsner from a local Sydney brewery called Doctors Orders. The beer is called Iron Lung and I bought it on a whim a few months ago and I pick up a few bottles every now and then. Great stuff. This brewery also made a triple IPA once, I had a small sip of it at a brewery tour where they sold this beer as well, one of the best beers I have had in a while. I think that triple IPA is no longer in production, which is a shame.

An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

PHX787

Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:46 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 32):
Minoh, a local favorite made right here in Osaka

GREAT beer! 
One of my favorites, Ginga Kogen, from way up in Iwate. They do a killer weizen and IPA.

This has been around for about 10 years maybe but is an old favorite of mine - highly recommend when you want something dark. Guinness and the Asahi/Kirin/Yebisu stouts made over here are only so-so anyway.

One of my favorites!

Quoting FighterPilot (Reply 41):
Added!

Thanks 
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

flyingturtle

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 am

Just tested the "Licorne Black" again, from that brewery in Saverne, Alsace.

Doesn't really impress me. I rather get a Boddington's Pub Ale...  

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

tommy1808

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:10 am

Just about the only beer I do trink, aside of Radler/Alster:

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Bongodog1964

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 55):

David

For a man who previously said he prefers dark beers, this is a worrying statement in regard to the Licorne black

mad99

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:52 pm

mahou

Mahou...f ing Mahou

I hope Madrid gets behind the micro brew thing

flyingturtle

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 57):
For a man who previously said he prefers dark beers, this is a worrying statement in regard to the Licorne black

Of course. That's why I'm so saddened. The beer tasted rather flat. I want to feel the pure weight of aromas on the tongue.  

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

Bongodog1964

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Flyingturtle, you should try tonights offering, rather better than Boddingtons

A very good stout from a recently established brewery in London. slipped down a treat, now feeling relaxed after 2 pints

L0VE2FLY

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:39 pm

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 12):
The mass produced that come to mind:

Mich Ultra
Guinness
Guinness Blonde
Bass
Goose Island 312

Tried Guinness Blonde along with Harp another Guinness lager and was unimpressed, I'll keep trying 'til I find a Guinness brew that doesn't taste bitter and weird!

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 20):
Quoting Airstud (Reply 15):
Steinlager

For a mass produced larger it's hard to find a better one.

Really? I thought the beers from across the Ditch were better!     

Quoting bjcc (Reply 21):
"The nastiest beer I've ever had was Guinness. "

Forgive him Lord, he knows not what he says.........

Guinness is an acquired taste to be fair, but once you have acquired it.......

LOL! If I were a Guinness executive I would've given you a free lifetime supply of beer!  

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 54):

Do the locals in Japan drink a lot of beer? I can't imagine it being as popular as it's in the West.

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 38):
And when I went to Sydney I fell in love with Red Back and Beez Neez. We actually asked a guy in the liquor store if he had heard of Fosters and he actually said no, which surprised us!

Fosters is not popular at all in Australia.

Quoting L410tURBOLET (Reply 34):
Corona is the fifth-best-selling beer in the US.

But many industry insiders are scratching their heads at the company's success.
Quoting melpax (Reply 45):
Corona's the top selling imported beer here (around 4% of the total beer market), tastes horrible without lemon or lime. Interesting that they're trying to market it as a winter beer in the US, it's marketed as a summer beer over here, with the lemon or lime added it is an easy beer to drink if you're having a session with the guys on a hot day.

Lots of better beers out there though.

Corona is pretty good with or without lime/lemon, it's a proof that A LOT of people don't like bitter beers!

Quoting OMP777X (Reply 49):
TBH, I almost exclusively drink Guinness Stout when I'm in Ireland, but NEVER drink it I'm the USA. It is a total let down compared to having the best pint you're ever going to find anywhere at all while over there in Dublin. I could probably see someone reacting very poorly to it after having tried a warm can of it over here.

Actually it was a freezing cold can and was the original Guinness from Ireland, I can't imagine it tasting better in Dublin or any where else for that matter.

Quoting flyingturtle (Reply 55):

David

Is Boddington's Pub Ale any good? I found it a while back at a discount supermarket.

Fabo

Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 61):
Actually it was a freezing cold can and was the original Guinness from Ireland, I can't imagine it tasting better in Dublin or any where else for that matter.

Well I was thinking similarly before, but then I had one in Britain, and it was different... I'll have to get myself to Ireland one of these days and try one there.
The light at the end of tunnel turned out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

nitepilot79

Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:44 am

So many good beers past and present, and I love beer. Where to start...

Imho, and in no order of preference:

Left Hand Brewing Co.- amazing beers, more in the porter and milk stout arena. Stunningly tasty brews. Even more so considering the price, ~$18.00 U.S. for a 12-pack. Nice to know that someone makes top shelf beer at fair prices.

St. Pete's Best Bitter- it comes in green, canteen-like bottles, and is a crisp, yet mellow, ale. Safely under the radar for those that consider Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale to be just about to the hop limit.

Full Sail Amber Ale- awesome balance at only ~$7.50 U.S. a sixer! They brewed this killer ESB, but it was a limited edition. Too bad. Again, outstanding beer at a reasonable price. Their IPA is a little hoppy, but still drinkable.

Highland Brewing Company Gaelic Ale- a darker, maltier ale, yet still quite crisp.

Sierra Nevada Porter- I haven't seen this stuff since around 2003, unfortunately. What a nice beer.

Guiness- need I say more...although Murphy's is underrated.

Grolsch- oh yeah! not to mention the awesome bottles.

Moosehead- great "boat beer". Grolsch for those on a budget.

Labatt's Blue- a tasty brew. I know this sounds crazy, but somehow this beer makes moving to a new house a less exasperating experience, somehow.

Just to name a few.

N1120A

Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Allagash White is the best, most balanced beer that exists.

Also a huge fan of Allagash Curieux.

Mill Street Tankhouse Ale

Creemore Springs Premium Lager

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (best semi-macro)

Kona Brewing Wailua Wheat

Kona Brewing Big Wave

Schneider Weisse

Chimay Tripel

New Belgium Fat Tire
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

csturdiv

Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:00 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 64):
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (best semi-macro)

Love Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for mostly sentimental reasons now, it was the pale ale that got me into pale ales. At a pub here in the Sydney area they had a tap take over during the 4th of July weekend, unfortunately I missed it as I was out of the country then. However I was in Hawaii and I did pick up a sampler pack from Sierra Nevada, which kind of made up for it.

Kona Brewing Wailua Wheat

I am not a wheat beer fan, so when I was in Hawaii I did not try this when I was there. However, my cousin is a P-3 pilot who is stationed on Oahu and his squadron's patch is based on this beer's label. After I did a little flying in their P-3 Level D simulator on the base, he gave me a patch.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/csturdiv/unnamed.jpg

Kona Brewing Big Wave

I did drink a lot of this when I was there.

Yesterday I went to a pub in the Sydney area and had a vanilla porter that was amazing. I am not a fan of porters that much, but this one was outstanding. Fat Nerd Vanilla Porter.

PHX787

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 am

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 61):
Do the locals in Japan drink a lot of beer? I can't imagine it being as popular as it's in the West.

Oh yes they do, especially since the end of 2013, it's gotten SUPER popular here. Beer festivals and breweries in Japan are getting reeeeaaaally popular.

In response, Kirin, Sapporo and Suntory have made their own "craft" lines of brews, which are actually quite good!

Quoting nitepilot79 (Reply 63):
Sierra Nevada Porter- I haven't seen this stuff since around 2003, unfortunately. What a nice beer.

Grolsch- oh yeah! not to mention the awesome bottles.

I was surprised by this but it is good!

Labatt's Blue- a tasty brew. I know this sounds crazy, but somehow this beer makes moving to a new house a less exasperating experience, somehow.

I had this at Nationwide Arena once....it was interesting, to say the least.

Kona Brewing Big Wave

Chimay Tripel

N1120A

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:23 am

Quoting csturdiv (Reply 65):
I am not a wheat beer fan, so when I was in Hawaii I did not try this when I was there. However, my cousin is a P-3 pilot who is stationed on Oahu and his squadron's patch is based on this beer's label. After I did a little flying in their P-3 Level D simulator on the base, he gave me a patch.

Cool badge.

Anyway, you should try Wailua. It is not German style, but Belgian style. The passion fruit completely changes the finish and mouth feel.

Quoting csturdiv (Reply 65):
I did drink a lot of this when I was there.

Big Wave is nice, especially if you want something lightish and citrusy.

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 66):
In response, Kirin, Sapporo and Suntory have made their own "craft" lines of brews, which are actually quite good!

Classic Sapporo in a steel can is pretty hard to beat, when eating spicy food and/or sushi.

Ewwwwwwwwwww. No way. Canadian is much better. (Classic rivalry)

csturdiv

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:27 am

I am an APA/IPA lover and am always on the lookout for a new one. Saturday I was at a local bar in the Sydney area (Keg & Brew near Central Station in Surrey Hills area for any locals) and I had a great APA. It was a collaboration brew from two locals, Batch Brewing and Modus Operandi and it was called Hoppsy Daisy. Before ordering it I looked it up on an app called Now Tapped and this was the description which lead me to buy it.

Even cows need friends, and Elsie is no exception. The boys north of the bridge at Modus Operandi have collaborated with us to produce something unique. Hoppsy Daisy utilises the distinct taste and aroma of American hops with a twist: she is poured with nitrogen to create that creamy texture that only the cows in our pasture can bring... and of course there is lactose added to this beer for a subtle sweetness to complement the creamy texture and contrast the hoppy aromas and flavour

Watching the glass after it was poured was amazing, like a Boddingtons or Guiness as the head built itself up from the bottom to the top. The beer was hoppy and creamy and oh so good!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/csturdiv/IMAG1405.jpg

JJJ

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:04 am

Quoting mad99 (Reply 58):
Mahou...f ing Mahou

I hope Madrid gets behind the micro brew thing

And the worst thing is San Miguel hasn't been the same ever since they bought it out.

I've tasted a few of the new microbrews and my fav is Socarrada, a rosemary and rosemary-honey beer.

csturdiv

Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Wow, last night I opened a bottle of beer that I bought last Friday at the bottle shop. It was the 2014 edition of Duvel's Tripel Hop and what a fantastic beer. Had that Belgian Pale Ale sweetness and a nice hoppy presence too. The Moasic hops really have a great tropical fruit smell to it. It it wasn't for the fact that this was such high in alcohol, I would drink many of these on a hot day. Maybe it is time to find a different beer using those hops that is more of a session beer. Or....my flatmates have been wanting me to brew beer, maybe I can make my own pale ale using these hops.

VapourTrails

Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 am

I haven't done the Cascade Brewery tour in Hobart Tasmania, but I have done the Boags Brewery tour in Launceston.

I liked the Boags Strongarm Bitter the best, from the tastings, but I cannot find it locally here nowadays. This thread has reminded me to have another look around, for a stockist.

I currently have two bottles of Cascade Pale Ale in the fridge, but I love beer drinking in the hot weather, and is definitely not the time of year here! Usually the hotter the day, the nicer I enjoy a beer.   

I also drink stout - when I think of it or have some, for health reasons, yes, truly! It is a source of iron.

Cascade Stout is pretty good, but again, I may be biased in my beer choices.  

I am not a big fan of Tooheys, - XXXX is not bad, middle of the range for me, but not Carlton (CUB) or Hahn.   

Haven't tried a lot of beers, but tend to stick to brands that I've liked.
A.net member: 2001-2004, 2014-

N1120A

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:50 am

IPAs are drastically overrated. The only ones I drink at all, and not that often, are Santorini Brewing Company Crazy Donkey and Ballast Point Sculpin.

[Edited 2015-07-22 19:50:57]

csturdiv

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:56 am

Quoting VapourTrails (Reply 71):
I haven't done the Cascade Brewery tour in Hobart Tasmania, but I have done the Boags Brewery tour in Launceston.

If you ever are in Hobart, do the Cascade tour. You'll need to book it in advance, or at least I had to in 2013 when I did it. It is an amazing old building with such a great history and stories behind it. Plus you get to drink some beer on the tour.  http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/csturdiv/Australia/Cascade%20Brewery/DSCF1331.jpg

I am not a big fan of Tooheys

New is horrible, but Old on the other hand is pretty good. It is one of my go to beers at the neighbourhood hotel.

XXXX is not bad

Yeah it is not bad....it is horrible.  
Quoting N1120A (Reply 72):
IPAs are drastically overrated

Oh my, that is almost fighting words. Sculpin is great though.

VapourTrails

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:17 am

Quoting csturdiv (Reply 73):
If you ever are in Hobart, do the Cascade tour. You'll need to book it in advance, or at least I had to in 2013 when I did it. It is an amazing old building with such a great history and stories behind it. Plus you get to drink some beer on the tour.

Yes, I surely would love to. Next time I am in Tasmania, and that far south, I will try and book a tour, and as you say, the building itself would be worth a look through, with its history and tales.

Likewise, the Boags Brewery tour is worth going if you are interested (need to book it seems according to the website). It is not as big an establishment as Cascade, and it is right near the city centre in Launceston.

New is horrible, but Old on the other hand is pretty good.

I think I have had enough (which is not a lot) of Tooheys to put me off for life.. I am not converted.   

=

mad99

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:38 am

Quoting jjj (Reply 69):
I've tasted a few of the new microbrews and my fav is Socarrada, a rosemary and rosemary-honey beer.

I'll try that!

I've been travelling a lot to seattle and the craft beer is more common then the Bud corporate stuff. I love the choices and even in the super you're spoilt for choice.

I don't see it happening here in mad for a while...

JJJ

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:30 am

Quoting mad99 (Reply 75):
I don't see it happening here in mad for a while...

Well, at least here in SLM we have no less than 4 local micros.

http://cervezabizarra.com/
http://malasombracerveza.com/
http://cervezaslega.com/
http://www.cervezahelmantica.es/

AFAIK you have the Brabante guys in Madrid even though its made in Belgium or Netherlands following their recipe (or so they say....)

mad99

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:33 am

Quoting jjj (Reply 76):
AFAIK you have the Brabante guys in Madrid

I'll have a look.

Yes we do have some micro brew pubs but when i shop at Mercadona i have no options but the usual stuff

csturdiv

Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:54 am

Quoting VapourTrails (Reply 74):
Likewise, the Boags Brewery tour is worth going if you are interested (need to book it seems according to the website). It is not as big an establishment as Cascade, and it is right near the city centre in Launceston.

Going to Tasmania again is on my agenda. I am an expat from the US and now that I know I'll be in Australia much longer than planned, I can go again when I want. My plan is to fly into Launceston and spend a day or two there and then hire a car and drive down to Hobart and spend a day or two there and then fly back to SYD (preferably on a QF B712)

I think I have had enough (which is not a lot) of Tooheys to put me off for life.. I am not converted.

If you haven't had Old, give it a shot. It is a great dark ale, has hints of coffee flavours from the roasted malts. When my parents came to SYD for Christmas, I took them to a pub one day so they could watch American football and I got my mom, who is a beer snob, meaning she doesn't drink dark beer only light beer, actually liked Old when she tried it. Not enough to get her away from Pure Blonde though.

N1120A

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:42 am

Oh my, that is almost fighting words. Sculpin is great though.

Nah. IPAs are just a flavor of the month.

VapourTrails

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:38 am

Quoting csturdiv (Reply 78):
Going to Tasmania again is on my agenda. I am an expat from the US and now that I know I'll be in Australia much longer than planned, I can go again when I want. My plan is to fly into Launceston and spend a day or two there and then hire a car and drive down to Hobart and spend a day or two there and then fly back to SYD (preferably on a QF B712)

If you haven't had Old, give it a shot. It is a great dark ale, has hints of coffee flavours from the roasted malts. When my parents came to SYD for Christmas, I took them to a pub one day so they could watch American football and I got my mom, who is a beer snob, meaning she doesn't drink dark beer only light beer, actually liked Old when she tried it. Not enough to get her away from Pure Blonde though.

Great that you are able to stay on in Australia for longer and you are able to take the time touring around and seeing the country some more.

That travel plan sounds a really good one, and a 712 flight as well! Maybe you will get to the north-west as well, that is by far the most picturesque.. although I may be biased LOL.. Only Saab 340 or Q400 if you fly to or from there though.. unfortunately more $ too.. Drive from HBA or LST better..

This link may be of interest, The Tasmanian Beer Trail: http://tasbeertrail.com, or the Breweries and Distilleries Trails: http://www.discovertasmania.com.au/w...d-drink/breweries-and-distilleries

I will try Tooheys Old, thanks.  

=

teme82

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:49 pm

No one has mentioned Brew Dog! :O

Well firstly Sink the Bismarck! 41% AVB (IPA). Followed by Hardcore IPA 9,2% and Electric India Saison 5,2% AVB. Just to name a few that I like from them.  
Flying high and low

seb146

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:09 am

We just went on a road trip and I can not tell you the awesome microbrews I had. The brosband is not a fan of microbrews. He wants his Heinekin or nothing. I just know I felt so at home in PDX, SEA, Ashland, and BLI with the huge beer choices. I miss it....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

FighterPilot
Topic Author

Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Anyone here make their own beer? I've been wanting to for some time. I've made wine in the past but looking to get into beer making. I'm thinking of making a few "kits" then slowly and if money is available starting brewing All-grain. I don't really want to do the very basic kits as I'd like to do some customization. Anyone have any experience brewing? WildcatYXU do you do any brewing of your own apart from work?

Cal   
*Insert Sound Of GE90 Spooling Up Here*

csturdiv

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:01 am

Quoting FighterPilot (Reply 83):
Anyone here make their own beer?

I used to make beer when I lived back home in the US, since moving to Australia I have not. My flatmate received a basic kit years ago but has not used it. He finally brought it home and I might get into it soon. I need to buy a big enough pot to do the boil in and then get the ingredients. I do not use kits but am not all grain. I use extracts with grains and then add in my hops and usually use a liquid yeast of some sort. This allows for me to customize as I can control what kind of malts and grains I use and how much and also how much hops I use to. All grain just takes way too much time and effort, the method I use from start to finish is about 2 hours, from boiler to fermenter and pitching the yeast.

My last batch of beer before moving down here was an American Pale Ale that I called Hoppy Trails. Was probably one of my best batches ever, although it was much stronger alcohol wise and bitterness than the average American Pale Ale. This is the ingredients I used of my Hoppy Trails, so as you can see, it is not a kit. I normally brew about 5 to 5 1/2 US gallons at a time, but this batch was only 2 1/2 US gallons, so normally there would be double the amount of ingredients.

1/2lb Victory Malt
3 lbs Muntons extra light dried malt extract
½ oz Liberty hops (3.9%) (60 min)
½ oz Simcoe hops (11.7%) (60 min)
½ oz Columbus hops (15.0%) (20 min)
4 oz maltodextrine (10 min)
½ oz Amarillo hops (8.2%) (flameout)
Wyeast 1272 American Ale II
¼ oz Simcoe hops & ¼ oz Amarillo hops (2 week dry hop)

victrola

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:04 pm

I just noticed recently that Bass Ale seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. I don't think I know a single bar where Bass is still on draft.It used to be all over the place. What ever happened to it? Did they pull a Schlitz style debacle?

WildcatYXU

Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 82):
WildcatYXU do you do any brewing of your own apart from work?

Sadly, I don't even brew at work   I'm looking after instrumentation in our QA labs (31 HS/GC systems, 20 Beer Alcolyzers, etc) The only alcoholic beverage I used to make was wine. It was when I was living in the old country. We had a small hobby wineyard (about 0.25 hectare, my brothers still have it) and we had some very nice Riesling and Tokayer mix.

Some of our colleagues do brew at home. We had a guy who designed and built what could be literally called a micro brewery in his basement. He used stainless steel kegs as vessels and he had it fully automated.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

apodino

Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:46 am

Quoting FighterPilot (Reply 83):
Anyone here make their own beer? I've been wanting to for some time. I've made wine in the past but looking to get into beer making. I'm thinking of making a few "kits" then slowly and if money is available starting brewing All-grain. I don't really want to do the very basic kits as I'd like to do some customization. Anyone have any experience brewing? WildcatYXU do you do any brewing of your own apart from work?

I was going to ask this myself. I just bought a house and this is one thing I really want to do, it looks a lot of fun. Would be curious if others had good recipes.

As far as Beer I like...Sam Adams is at the top,of my list, Guiness served in Ireland is up there too. I also like Leinenkugels as well as microbrews.

HOOB747

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Samual Adams Honey Porter is my favorite domestic beer. I just wish I could find it in more locations.
I love dem planes....

SaschaYHZ

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:57 am

These are my go to beer:

This was my former go to until they discontinued it:

Aaron747

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:23 am

Absolutely lovely stuff, made in Nagano. Bought for the first time last night:

http://www.nagano-mall.jp/hope/static/image/9/481/5.jpg

Very bitter yet drinkable, similar to Sierra Nevada.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

csturdiv

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:35 am

Today I treated myself to a chili beer. It was a pale ale with American hops and then in three different stages,much like with hops, they added fresh jalapenos to the brew kettle. Was really a great beer, nice and hoppy with a great jalapeno aroma and a little tingle of heat on the lips and tongue.

PHX787

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:47 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 67):
Classic Sapporo in a steel can is pretty hard to beat, when eating spicy food and/or sushi.

Yep! Perfect BBQ beer.

Quoting csturdiv (Reply 70):
Wow, last night I opened a bottle of beer that I bought last Friday at the bottle shop. It was the 2014 edition of Duvel's Tripel Hop

I need to try this!

csturdiv

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 92):
Quoting csturdiv (Reply 70):
Wow, last night I opened a bottle of beer that I bought last Friday at the bottle shop. It was the 2014 edition of Duvel's Tripel Hop

I need to try this!

I recently tried their 2015 edition and it wasn't as good, was used with a hop called Equinox and I was not a fan of that flavour and aroma.

Last night I linked my Untappd account to my Twitter account and setup Untapped to push my checkins to Twitter. My first checkin was for a beer from a small brewery in the North Coast of New South Wales called Little Brewing Company. They recently started to follow me on Twitter (not sure why, but I like it) so when I checked into their beer last night, I added their Twitter handle @LittleBrewingCo. When it was posted to Twitter, the Twitter handle was cut off to something else that redirected to some girls Twitter account, @LittleBre. I had to quickly delete that Twitter post as I could not find a way, either on my phone or on my laptop to edit my tweet.  

diverted

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:27 am

Well, I've been lazy all summer and haven't brewed. Thus, my kegs are empty and my taps are dry  

Currently enjoying a Red Stripe. It's not craft beer by any means but it's super refreshing in this heat.

PHX787

Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:59 am

Quoting diverted (Reply 94):
Currently enjoying a Red Stripe. It's not craft beer by any means but it's super refreshing in this heat.

It sure does hit the spot when youre on the beach !