TWA772LR
Topic Author

The Cigar Thread!

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:01 am

Inspired by the beer thread, I would like to start the new a.net cigar thread!

I started enjoying cigars in my freshman year of college (2011). My buddies in my dorm liked to smoke Arturo Fuente and the spoiled rich kid smoked Cohibas. When I came home for Christmas, my brother turned me on to Acid Kubas and Blondes, which are amazing! They taste just like sugar on your lips! Me and my dad then celebrated July 4th, 2012 with fireworks, Canadian whiskey, Canadian beer, and Nicaraguan (Cohiba) cigars. I'd buy more of those, but they are $15 a pop!

After the Fall 2012 semester, I bought a Romeo and Julieta to celebrate surviving my hardest semester (at the time) and Russian class. It was nice and smooth but there are better brands out there. Then me and my family went to Key West, and smoked some awesome Cuban Leaf cigars! They ranged from smooth as water to harsh as unfiltered cigarettes!

Now my dad buys cheap Bandido cigars by the bundle (about 40 per bundle) and we enjoy those as the sun sets. They are a bit harsh, but are like the Acids where they leave a sweet taste on your lips.

What are you favorite cigars? Please share!  
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

vikkyvik

RE: The Cigar Thread!

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:11 am

I'm not hugely experienced, but I discovered Monterrey Excalibur cigars at a cigar bar in Boston we used to frequent. They were quite good.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

garnetpalmetto

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:47 pm

I've become a fan of Bull City Cigars, a local tobacconist that makes theirs locally. Their "Dessert" cigar makes for a good close to a nice meal. I'd say I might smoke one or two a month. Here's my question - any good desktop humidor recommendations? Looking for something in the 20-50 size range (the wife and I are nowhere near needing one that holds a 100).
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Fabo

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:43 pm

I like a cigar on occasion, especially since I stopped smoking cigarettes. I'll usually just get a random smallish cigar at the shop on the way. Sometimes I catch a good one, sometimes not.

My uncle used to bring boxes of stuff that was locally made something like 25 miles from here. I'd love to try that, but they've been gone for well over a decade now. Funnily enough, an HR girl in my current company, with whom I unexpectedly enjoyed a cigar at a recent company recess, used to grow tobacco for them on her parents farm back in the day. Small world.

And now I want to go have one...
The light at the end of tunnel turned out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

itsjustme

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:08 pm

I enjoy a cigar a few times a month but more for the ambiance than anything. That being said, I prefer the Macanudo Hyde Park. It's a mild cigar and burns long. The best price I've found is on line at bestcigarprices.com (a little over $5/ea when bought in bulk).

airportugal310

Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:18 pm

My humi is filled with all sorts of great smokes, but the go to cigar (my fav) is My Father Flor de Las Antillas. Has such a great profile. I've got basically 2 or 3 of each vitola. Another great My Father cigar is La Antiguedad...get the Super Toro. It's a monster

My everyday smoke is Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend. It's a Rocky Patel line, smokes well, has tons of smoke, and you can get that thing down to a tiny nub. Cheap too...hidden gem

Last night I smoked an RP Decade...always a good one.

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 1):
Monterrey Excalibur

These are my buddies fav. Good golf cigar, among other things.
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

sfbdude

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Back when I used to smoke, Bolivars were my go to Cuban cigars, but the Arturo Fuente Hemingway line was where it was at for me. The 858 maduro never let me down and could be had for real cheap if you knew where to look. The Work of Art maduro was the first time I was actually able to pick up some real flavors off a cigar and it was amazing. The Camacho Triple Maduros was my first cigar ever and that was a wake up call for sure. It wasn't until I smoked many cigars that I appreciated what that stick had to offer flavors wise. The Padron 1964 Anniversary series were great as well.

I was gifted a lot of the higher priced CCs and never really picked up on the hype surrounding them. I always seemed to like the cheaper - moderately priced stuff.