Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AR385

RE: Trump To End Birthright US Citizenship

Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:37 am

Quoting Boeing717200 (Reply 73):
Why is it okay for some people to take advantage of us?
Quoting seb146 (Reply 147):
What Trump did is genius and scary at the same time: he managed to put several nationalities under one umbrella and under one label and get the right to hate a bunch of people with no knowledge of anything.
Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 146):
Mexico is complicit in sending rapists, murderers and drug dealers to the US because they don't want to deal with them.

In all the years I lived in the US, as a Mexican legal immigrant, I did not rape anybody, nor dealt any drugs. As a matter of fact, the companies I worked with, petitioned the immigration authorities and PAID for all the paperwork so I could WORK for them, doing a job they could not find an AMERICAN qualified to do it. Nor do I recall having any rapists or drug dealers among my Mexican friends.

Mexico does not send as a policy, undesirable people abroad, as Cuba did, with the "Marielitos" in the 80s, which both Rubio and Trump conveniently forget.

Illegal and legal immigrants, as from last year, are in the majority Asian, not Mexican. I wonder why Trump and many others, including posters here, want to make it about Mexico. It really points to an open agenda full of xenophobia, hate and racism to gain votes of people any decent, white, American presidential candidate would loath to have among their followers. And it seems many are here on a.net

I really could care less. Canada, the US and Mexico are so integrated now, they are a single economy. Trying to pull the stupid stunts Trump and others are advocating speak to both their ignorance, the ignorance of the people that like them and the danger to the entire US economy of shooting themselves in the foot. The US economy will hurt BADLY if a single one of Trump´s ideas is even considered to be implemented.

Quoting AA7295 (Reply 148):
And just when we thought that the law just for illegals? Pregnant Chinese tourists are heading to the US to give their children US citizenship.

You really ought to quit it. Both in the thread you started a couple of years ago and in this one you ignore the facts and keep stirring the pot on issues that have more to do with xenophobia, racism and hate, than actual facts. And if you don´t like those three words, too bad.

You now bring into the discussion as a big "OOOOOOHHHH SEE NOW?" the issue of the Chinese coming to the US to give birth. What point are you trying to make? Did the discussion with Mexicans as the main threat got old so now you bring in the Chinese? Shameful.

Are you expecting only the Plymouth pilgrims to come to the US? Are they the only ones that are desirable? Too bad. They disappeared a few centuries ago. And newsflash: White Americans are the minority now in California. Hispanics are now the majority. Within the next couple of years that will happen in Texas too. I hope they teach Spanish and Chinese in Australia, and unless you and Trump plan on a PROGROM of legal Amercian citizens of Mexican and Latino descent, and now your new pet ethnic peeve, the Chinese, you need to start educating yourself on the new social and ethnic composition of the US for the coming decades.

Quoting AA7295 (Thread starter):
A few years ago I opened this thread: Should The US End Birthright Citizenship? (by AA7295 Nov 27 2012 in Non Aviation)
Quoting AA7295 (Thread starter):
I still standby my opinion that in the ever increasing global reach of humanity combined with IRS' ridiculous MO to tax citizens outside the US, that birthright citizenship is unnecessary and only serves a purpose of abuse.

[Edited 2015-08-25 00:43:40]

[Edited 2015-08-25 00:56:20]

blueflyer

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:21 am

Quoting Caryjack (Reply 119):
Perry simply says that until the border is secured nothing else matters. He was the Governer of Texas for (I think) 12 years so he certainty understands border problems.

Perry didn't do diddly squat for border security except move a lot of hot air. That is, until he decided he wanted to run for the GOP nomination again. Then, and only then, he mobilized the National Guard just before leaving office. The base of the party may have been impressed, but his former legislative colleagues, left and right, were pissed. Why? There was exactly $0 for this PR stunt in the budget and Perry left it up to them to figure out how to cover the cost.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 142):
Personally, I would be more than willing to pay double for oranges and lawn care if that reflects the going wage of the labor involved when employing only legal residents and/or citizens.

So how about we come up with a plan to legalize illegal residents and be done with it? We need them, anyway. If this self-deportation fantasy ever comes to pass, there won't be enough active workers left to fund retiree benefits and Social Security will shut down.

AA7295
Topic Author

Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 150):
You really ought to quit it. Both in the thread you started a couple of years ago and in this one you ignore the facts and keep stirring the pot on issues that have more to do with xenophobia, racism and hate, than actual facts. And if you don´t like those three words, too bad.

You now bring into the discussion as a big "OOOOOOHHHH SEE NOW?" the issue of the Chinese coming to the US to give birth. What point are you trying to make? Did the discussion with Mexicans as the main threat got old so now you bring in the Chinese? Shameful.

Are you expecting only the Plymouth pilgrims to come to the US? Are they the only ones that are desirable? Too bad. They disappeared a few centuries ago. And newsflash: White Americans are the minority now in California. Hispanics are now the majority. Within the next couple of years that will happen in Texas too. I hope they teach Spanish and Chinese in Australia, and unless you and Trump plan on a PROGROM of legal Amercian citizens of Mexican and Latino descent, and now your new pet ethnic peeve, the Chinese, you need to start educating yourself on the new social and ethnic composition of the US for the coming decades.

Well you seem to be missing the point. I am looking at the situation sans emotion. You are looking at it emotionally, I'm assuming because people of your ethnicity are being targeted.

The fact of the matter is, US birthright citizenship is being exploited? Can you say with a straight face that the above link about the Chinese paying to have their babies born in the US purely for the purposes of obtaining US citizenship is NOT exploiting this law? If you can, then shame on you.

victrola

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Mexico does not send as a policy, undesirable people abroad, as Cuba did, with the "Marielitos" in the 80s, which both Rubio and Trump conveniently forget.

Oh but all Cuban immigrants are good no matter what.

Are you expecting only the Plymouth pilgrims to come to the US? Are they the only ones that are desirable? Too bad.

They were definitely illegal immigrants.

Dreadnought

Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 151):
So how about we come up with a plan to legalize illegal residents and be done with it?

Only if illegal immigration is stopped first. We tried your way before, in the late 80s. Everyone was given amnesty first and we were promised that the border would be sealed, which obviously never happened. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. No more amnesty until anyone trying to cross the border illegally has a very small chance of success.

We need them, anyway.

Common myth, but not supported by facts.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

910A

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 154):
Only if illegal immigration is stopped first.

For the record illegal immigration is at a 40 year low.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 154):
We need them, anyway.

Common myth, but not supported by facts.

What facts are those. Pretty sure, the farmers of Arizona, Texas, and California along with the shoppers in the entire United States would disagree with you.

victrola

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:16 pm

How are you going to stop it? The bulk of illegal immigrants are not coming in over the Mexican border anymore. In fact many studies have shown that there are roughly as many people returning south as heading north these days.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/04/2...co-falls-to-zero-and-perhaps-less/

Everyone on this thread seems to have an ax to grind and some simplistic answer to a very complicated question.

Dreadnought

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Quoting 910A (Reply 155):
For the record illegal immigration is at a 40 year low.

That is what Obama has claimed, and Politifact (which is generally very favorable to him) rates this as a half-truth. Partly because all they have to count is apprehensions, the criteria for which change from administration to administration. Also, whereas 20-30 years ago crossing the border was so easy many would cross, work for a few days or a week, and go back to visit their families - basically commuting. Now crossing is tough and more expensive, so the tendency is that once an illegal immigrant is in the US, he is less likely to leave because of the difficulty and expense of returning - paying smugglers etc.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...l-border-crossings-lowest-it-has-/

910A

Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 157):
That is what Obama has claimed,
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ut-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

-There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014

-Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (52%), though their numbers have been declining

-Six states alone account for 60% of unauthorized immigrants

-Unauthorized immigrants make up 5.1% of the U.S. labor force.

-About 7% of K-12 students had at least one unauthorized immigrant parent in 2012.

Come drive I-8 where the freeway is just north of the border, and see how bored Border Patrol A gents are standing at a fix post because there is nothing to do.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gration-claim-has-no-data-back-it/
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ...rica/2015/07/immigration-and-crime

seb146

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:18 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 157):
Now crossing is tough and more expensive,

Wait... what? The right wingers of note keep screaming that huge groups of people stream across the border every day taking jobs from Americans. How can it be both ways?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Dreadnought

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:30 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 160):
Wait... what? The right wingers of note keep screaming that huge groups of people stream across the border every day taking jobs from Americans. How can it be both ways?

It is tougher. You can't just cross anywhere anymore, and smugglers will actually call the authorities on groups of people attempting to cross on their own, to discourage such independent travel. Basically, we have made it just hard enough for organized crime to take over the transit business. We need to shut them down too.

notaxonrotax

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:25 am

I don't support Trump....but if I were American I would like this birth tourism to end!

No Tax On Rotax

[Edited 2015-08-28 04:27:22]
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

S75752

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 am

Despite being typically left leaning, I can support this as well. But only if citizenship for the child is accepted by the nation(s) that at least one of the parents are citizens of. If no nation will accept citizenship for them (given that it is a birth not on their soil), then there's not much else to do other than fall back to a localized citizenship.

Could lead to some interesting international relations stuff.