Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

victrola
Topic Author

Republicans Believe Obama Is A Muslim From Kenya

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:21 pm

I'm still baffled by the huge percentage of Republicans who still believe that President Obama is a Moslem born in Kenya.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/14/a_st...lieve_president_obama_is_a_muslim/

Why does this belief persist among Republicans? How can you have a rational discussion with people who believe such nonsense?

Adipasquale

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Quoting victrola (Thread starter):
How can you have a rational discussion with people who believe such nonsense?

You can't. Plain and simple. There are many Republicans I can have a rational discussion with, and there are many Republicans I can find common ground with. There are also many Republicans I can have neither a rational discussion with nor find common ground. The latter type tend to be the racist, bigoted numbskulls whose pea-sized brains overheat when trying to comprehend the fact that we have a black president.

Polot

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm

Quoting adipasquale (Reply 1):
There are also many Republicans I can have neither a rational discussion with nor find common ground. The latter type tend to be the racist, bigoted numbskulls whose pea-sized brains overheat when trying to comprehend the fact that we have a black president.

And those, unfortunately, tend to be the most vocal and most willing to part with their money. So they are ones that the right wing caters to in order to line their pockets from the suckers. People like Rush Limbaugh, 90% of the GOP presidential candidates etc don't actually believe all the stuff they are saying.

[Edited 2015-09-18 07:57:59]

Dreadnought

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Why does this belief persist among Republicans? How can you have a rational discussion with people who believe such nonsense?

Well technically his is a Muslim. Under Islamic law, his father was a Muslim and that makes him a Muslim, period. As far as his actual beliefs are concerned I think he is most likely Agnostic.

But what about stupid lies that Democrats believe?

- The rich don't pay taxes
- Only the rich benefited from the Bush tax cuts
- The Bush tax cuts caused the deficit
- Bush had prior knowledge of 9/11
- George W. Bush 'stole' the 2000 election.
- Republicans are waging a war on women
- Democrats inherited the deficit
- Democrats help the poor
- Obama cleaned up Bush’s wars

tommy1808

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 3):
Well technically his is a Muslim. Under Islamic law, his father was a Muslim and that makes him a Muslim, period.

under Islamic law he is an apostate, he was baptized after all. Period.

Best regards
Thomas

Aaron747

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Well technically his is a Muslim. Under Islamic law, his father was a Muslim and that makes him a Muslim, period.

Well technically Charles, you are on record many a time stating Islamic law is crazy bullhockey, so why would you or anyone care what Obama 'technically' is?  All that matters is what he identifies with.

Who knows? Three of them in the debate were insisting Iran is the greatest threat to US national security! LOL

mbmbos

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:17 pm

1. The rich benefitted exponentially more than the middle class or poor with regard to tax cuts.
2. Tax cuts and two wars costing trillions of dollars led to the deficit.
3. Bush's security team did warn the inner circle of this serious threat and it was totally dismissed. And that's a fact.
4. Nope, the Supreme Court stole the election.
5. The Republicans have taken a distinctive anti-woman stance. We can quibble about branding it as a "war," but there's no doubt the Republican platform is not in the best interest of women.
6. The deficit wasn't a result of the Bush Administration's leadership? Wow, that's a stretch.
7. The Democrats have helped the poor so much more than Republicans have. The Dems could do a much better job at it.
8. You're right, Obama only contained some of the damage. The damage (financially, our country's stature in the world, the emergence of new terrorist groups and the strengthening of existing ones) will continue to haunt us, and our country will continue to pay the price.

There, hope that helped!

falstaff

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:31 pm

The same way you can have a rational discussion with those on the fringe left; you can't....

My favorite isn't even on your list... "John McCain was too old to be president, but Bernie Sanders isn't" and "I wouldn't vote for Mit Romney, he is too rich", but voted for John Kerry. I get those two at work all the time.

I think he is most likely Agnostic.

I would agree. I think he got involved in the church because he needed to to become politically relevant as a community organizer and local politician. Here in Detroit adding the word "Reverend" to your name helps get votes in the black community.

Quoting Polot (Reply 2):
People like Rush Limbaugh, 90% of the GOP presidential candidates etc don't actually believe all the stuff they are saying.

My liberal friends who always going around telling us about what Rush Limbaugh says never listen to his show, so I don't know how they know what he says. I listen to Rush Limbaugh all the time and I don't ever recall him saying Obama is a Muslim or from Kenya.

A lot of us don't like a president with such far left beliefs. He lost me back in '07 when he claimed to wanted to change America. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

For all of you that think that all the hatred towards Obama is because he is black will be shocked if Bernie Sanders gets elected and we really blow our stacks. Of course the liberal left will just tell us we are all bigots because he is Jewish.

WingsFan

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm still baffled by the huge percentage of Republicans who still believe that President Obama is a Moslem born in Kenya.

I am more baffled by the fact the a significant percent of american voters still think that a faith and religion can be a qualifier or a dis-qualifier for a public office. How is being a Muslim is a disqualification? And so what if Obama were a muslim? It is more important that a public officials display ability to separate personal beliefs and follow a letter of the law equally to people who you represent.

MD11Engineer

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Quoting tommy1808 (Reply 4):

Best regards
Thomas

Reminds me of the American poster here who told me that I could not have been married to a Muslim woman (my Ex from Sierra Leone), the the Q´ran forbids it. He should have told the divorce judge. It would have saved me a lot of money.

Jan

[Edited 2015-09-18 08:48:31]

tommy1808

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 9):
Remonds me of the American poster here who told me that I could not have been married to a Muslim woman (my Ex from Sierra Leone), the the Q´ran forbids it.

As if there isn't enough stupid shit in the Q'ran already to warrant making up additional stupid shit.....
Winged horse? Split the moon in half? Where did they get their drugs?

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Why does this belief persist among Republicans?

The ones who believe this live in a bubble. They only get their information from one or two sources who say the same thing. If anyone challenges these opinions, they go off the deep end because they heard it on (what they believe is) news, so it is true.

How can you have a rational discussion with people who believe such nonsense?

You can't, so ignore it.

Quoting falstaff (Reply 7):
A lot of us don't like a president with such far left beliefs.

Such as? Obama has said many things that are exactly what Reagan said. The only difference is that, now, they are coming out of the mouth of a Black man registered as a Democrat.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

Stocks in free fall, unemployment over 10%, true unemployment much higher, housing and banks crashing, auto companies crashing, insane debt and deficits due to endless wars, terrorists created by power vacuum in Iraq. Good times. Good times.

My liberal friends who always going around telling us about what Rush Limbaugh says never listen to his show,

Here is what "liberals" do: subscribe to sites like Brietbart and Daily Kos and Fox and Mother Jones. When Daily Kos says "Rush Limbaugh spent two day slut shaming a woman" we can, then, go to Fox and Breitbart and see that, in their world, it never happened or that Rush is a hero for calling out this slut.

Compared to right wingers who insist that things didn't happen or didn't happen the way "liberals" say because Fox and Breitbart say so.

"Liberals" understand that Daily Kos and Mother Jones and Fox and Breitbart are opinion sites. They are slanted one way or the other. They are not (I repeat) NOT news. "Liberals" get this and understand this.

scbriml

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Why does this belief persist among Republicans?

Denial. And racism.

Yeah, right.    Period.

MD11Engineer

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Quoting tommy1808 (Reply 10):
Remonds me of the American poster here who told me that I could not have been married to a Muslim woman (my Ex from Sierra Leone), the the Q´ran forbids it.

As if there isn't enough stupid shit in the Q'ran already to warrant making up additional stupid shit.....
Winged horse? Split the moon in half? Where did they get their drugs?

Best regards
Thomas

Actually there exists such a passage in the Q'ran or the Hadits that a Mudslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim man (the other way around it is ok), but as you know, the only legal marriage dcument in Germany is the one issued by the registrar in the town hall. Any religious ceremony is just a personal matter and not valid in court.

Jan

N1120A

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Trump keeps outdoing himself. He had a chance to make himself look slightly less insane there, but his punt on the question made him look even more loony. If he does win the nomination, Evo Morales could be running for the Democrats and Trump would lose.

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 13):
Actually there exists such a passage in the Q'ran or the Hadits that a Mudslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim man (the other way around it is ok), but as you know, the only legal marriage dcument in Germany is the one issued by the registrar in the town hall. Any religious ceremony is just a personal matter and not valid in court.

In the US, the only legal marriage certificate is issued by the state you get married in. Usually issued by a County Clerk. Usually they do their job  
Quoting scbriml (Reply 12):
Denial. And racism.

Yup.

tommy1808

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 13):
Actually there exists such a passage in the Q'ran or the Hadits that a Mudslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim man (the other way around it is ok),

Isn't it that a man is allowed to marry a non-Muslim women, but it says nothing about women? And scholars just decided that if women didn't get explicit permission, it must be forbidden ....

Using scripture to suppress women? I never heard that before ... 

Best regards
Thomas

einsteinboricua

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:54 pm

My favorite isn't even on your list... "John McCain was too old to be president, but Bernie Sanders isn't" and "I wouldn't vote for Mit Romney, he is too rich", but voted for John Kerry. I get those two at work all the time.

And right now the thought from the GOP is that Hillary is too old for the presidency but have no qualms about supporting Trump who is about two years older (67 to 69). The second front runner is Ben Carson, not too far with 63 years of age and Fiorina with 61.

You claim that Obama has far left beliefs, but your party turns his agenda against him by claiming he's only helped the rich and not the middle class. So which one is it?

scbriml

Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Far left beliefs?   

There's absolutely nothing about American politics that's "far left". In most other democracies, the Democrats would be a centre party. Oh my sides hurt!

victrola
Topic Author

Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Well technically his is a Muslim. Under Islamic law, his father was a Muslim and that makes him a Muslim, period. As far as his actual beliefs are concerned I think he is most likely Agnostic.

Wrong.

Quoting Polot (Reply 2):

Some do some don't

A debatable point

A debatable point

What percentage of Democrats believe this? I would wager less than 0.01%

a debatable point

A debatable point

A debatable point

They did inherit the deficit just as Republicans inherited deficits before them. The closest we have come to a balanced budget in the last half century was under Democrat Bill Clinton.

A debatable point

A debatable point

You are unable to understand the difference between a debatable point and an outright false statement. Obama being a Moslem born in Kenya is just plain false and anyone who asserts this is incapable of rational thought. The fact that polls show that 43% of Republicans believe Obama is a Moslem born in Kenya casts in doubt the good judgement of a significant portion of Republicans.

OA412

Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Never mind the idiots who still believe he was born in Kenya in the face of overwhelming evidence that he really was born in Hawaii. They're not worth a second thought. However, I really can't see why, if he really is some sort of closet Muslim, that's even a problem for people other than bigotry and sheer ignorance. Being a Muslim is not illegal, nor is it a crime. Who cares if he's Muslim? Did I miss the time he implemented Sharia Law in this country?

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 5):
Well technically Charles, you are on record many a time stating Islamic law is crazy bullhockey, so why would you or anyone care what Obama 'technically' is?

The same way you can have a rational discussion with those on the fringe left; you can't....

You're right in the sense that you can't have a rational discussion with those on the fringes, but we're not talking about just the fringe here. According to the article, 43% of GOP supporters believe he's Muslim. That's almost half of Republicans. That's far more than just the fringe.

Quoting scbriml (Reply 12):
Denial. And racism.

skyservice_330

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Quoting WingsFan (Reply 8):
How is being a Muslim is a disqualification?

This.

I understand how the being born in Kenya part would call into question his eligibility to be president - a legal issue (despite the fact that I don't think this was the intent of the birther movement at all). But why does being a muslim matter? Could a muslim not become the president? I don't get how calling him a muslim is some supposed to be some sort of a smear.

Or is it good ol' fear-mongering? Call him a muslim and then that enables leaps to question his loyalties, intentions and whether or he is a terrorist?

tommy1808

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Quoting skyservice_330 (Reply 20):
I don't get how calling him a muslim is some supposed to be some sort of a smear.

tells you everything you need to know about what they think about Muslims, doesn't it?

Best regards
Thomas

Revelation

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:02 pm

Quoting tommy1808 (Reply 21):
Quoting skyservice_330 (Reply 20):
I don't get how calling him a muslim is some supposed to be some sort of a smear.

tells you everything you need to know about what they think about Muslims, doesn't it?

It's a "dog whistle" smear. Everyone who is intended to hear it will hear it, yet the person who says it appears to be saying nothing out of the ordinary.

Conservatives are all about waiving the flag, motherhood and apple pie. If you aren't with us, you're against us. Clearly stating that someone is a Muslim is signalling that the person in question is not one of us.

Kiwirob

Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Quoting adipasquale (Reply 1):
The latter type tend to be the racist, bigoted numbskulls whose pea-sized brains overheat when trying to comprehend the fact that we have a black president.

I wouldn't call Superfly that, he's black, a democrat, and still believes Obama isn't American born.

Dreadnought

Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Quoting mbmbos (Reply 6):
There, hope that helped!

LOL, thanks for making my point...

Quoting victrola (Reply 18):
You are unable to understand the difference between a debatable point and an outright false statement. Obama being a Moslem born in Kenya is just plain false and anyone who asserts this is incapable of rational thought.

Considering that the whole birther thing was started by none other than Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2008.

http://www.politico.com/story/2011/0...rtherism-where-it-all-began-053563

Quote:
That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship.
“Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,” asserted one chain email that surfaced on the urban legend site Snopes.com in April 2008.

Even if President Obama were a Muslim, so what? There are a great many things President Obama deserves to be criticized over. The charge of being Muslim is not one of them. Conservatives who embrace this claim really should look long and hard at themselves in the mirror and make sure it isn’t a religious or racial bigot that is staring back at them. To embrace this insane conspiracy only helps President Obama. It doesn’t hurt him. It does hurt the conservative cause because it gives credence and credibility to the belief that all conservatives are bigoted conspiratorial nutjobs whose hatred goes beyond the political (because in spite of what they might say, liberals love to use stereotypes and prejudice when it suits them).

Rara

Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:29 pm

The definition of Muslim isn't "child of a Muslim father", but rather "person who believes in Islam", so no, technically he is not a Muslim.

If you want to get technical, you become a Muslim by reciting the Shahada in front of two witnesses. I doubt Obama has done so. But then, Allah alone knows.  

777way

Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 pm

Quran says muslims shoudnt marry unbelievers its better to marry a believeing slave, I take it as meaning pagans not christians and jews.

vikkyvik

Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Uh, if Obama doesn't believe in Islamic law (not being Muslim), then Islamic law is simply not applicable to him.

Period.

L-188

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:37 pm

I frankly am only baffled at the number of people who think Obama is a good person.

He has repeated proven in his life that he is a opportunist who only cares about himself or what an action will do that will benefit himself.

It is the hallmark of his miserable self-serving presidency...

Thank god it will be over in a year and this country can start to recover it's sense of self-worth and dignity that Obama has stolen.

scbriml

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:44 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 28):

The butt-hurt is strong in this one.   

Compared with Bush, anyone's good.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:30 am

He has repeated proven in his life that he is a opportunist who only cares about himself or what an action will do that will benefit himself.

That sounds more like the VP from 2000-2008. His boss is actually a very nice guy too, which prevented Cheney from being seen for the snake in the grass he is.

I frankly am only baffled at the number of people who think Obama is a good person.

Um, because he basically is. Likes his kids, craft beer, big burgers, staring at a nice ass, Star Trek, and MLB/NFL/NBA. Sounds like a guy I'd get along with great...how about you??

WarRI1

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:35 am

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 27):
Uh, if Obama doesn't believe in Islamic law (not being Muslim), then Islamic law is simply not applicable to him.

See below, is there a contradiction?

Ken777

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:39 am

A lot of us don't like a president with such far left beliefs. He lost me back in '07 when he claimed to wanted to change America. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

There was need for improvements back then, just there are today. Start with millions of Americans who had no health insurance. Something that simple pretty well demonstrates the need for changes in the country. We don't even need to get into the Great Recession or the totally unnecessary war in Iraq to see the needs for improvement.

For all of you that think that all the hatred towards Obama is because he is black will be shocked if Bernie Sanders gets elected and we really blow our stacks

Sanders doesn't have chance - but he is good for putting issues on the table for voters to think about.

In terms of who will generate the most hated from the ignorant red necks, I believe that Obama is still the winner.

Quoting tommy1808 (Reply 10):
As if there isn't enough stupid shit in the Q'ran already to warrant making up additional stupid shit.

I guess that mens that the O'ran has as much stupid crap in it s the Bible does.

Quoting victrola (Reply 18):
The fact that polls show that 43% of Republicans believe Obama is a Moslem born in Kenya casts in doubt the good judgement of a significant portion of Republicans.

When LBJ signed the Civil Rights Bill he said that he was giving the South to the GOP for 50 years. Basically you are talking about ignorant rednecks whose middle name is "Racist". These are the folks who believe anything about Obama, including his religion or the location of his birth. Basically they cannot stand a black man in the White House and Obama's wins simply fires up their hatred and their ignorance.

Pyrex

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:47 am

I don't think Obama was born outside of the U.S. - he (and his wife, as her famous quip shows) hate the U.S. far too much for that. Most people that move to the U.S. from foreign countries tend to appreciate the U.S. for what it is and be grateful to it. He is the typical Western leftist oikophobe that can't stand the fact that his country is more successful than many others, largely on account of things he is virulently opposed to, so will not stop at anything to "level the playing field" - we have many of that type in Europe as well, unfortunately. If you really want to see what informed his world view look at his mother, not his absent father.

under Islamic law he is an apostate, he was baptized after all.

So under the rules of dozens of Islamic countries he would have been sentenced to death?

ltbewr

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:55 am

If President Obama was born in Kansas or his mother was still alive this wouldn't be an issue. This is more about racism, vile hatred of anyone who was in any way Muslim, and the broader hatred of 'Liberals' and Democrats.

Adipasquale

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:03 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 23):
I wouldn't call Superfly that, he's black, a democrat, and still believes Obama isn't American born.

Notice how I said "tend to be." There are always going to be exceptions to the rule, that's why my statement wasn't made in absolute terms.

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 34):
If President Obama was born in Kansas or his mother was still alive this wouldn't be an issue. This is more about racism, vile hatred of anyone who was in any way Muslim, and the broader hatred of 'Liberals' and Democrats.

You might be onto something here   

Revelation

Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:46 am

Thank god it will be over in a year and this country can start to recover it's sense of self-worth and dignity that Obama has stolen.

Very few standing candidates are capable of doing such, especially not Donald Trump...

WarRI1

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:04 am

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 32):
In terms of who will generate the most hated from the ignorant red necks, I believe that Obama is still the winner.

I am still amazed that nobody has touched the subject of Dr. Carson running as a Republican candidate and being black. Nobody has touched it. Will Sen. Mitch McConnell and the other Republicans conspire against him from day one? We know they did that to the other black man. I find this too bizarre to think that we could have a second black President that the Republicans like. How can this be even considered? It must be the birth issue, I hope we know where Doctor Carson was born and is certified.

Pyrex

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:10 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 14):
Evo Morales could be running for the Democrats and Trump would lose.

Isn't he already, though? Whackjob, comes from a place full of mountains and drugs... oh no, wait, that's Bernie Sanders.

Adipasquale

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:25 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 38):
Isn't he already, though? Whackjob, comes from a place full of mountains and drugs... oh no, wait, that's Bernie Sanders.

Haha, you made a funny!         
I may not agree with everything Sanders stands for, but at least he has something that is dearly lacking in the field of GOP presidential hopefuls: Integrity,

einsteinboricua

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 37):
Nobody has touched it.

Why would they?

A. He's a Republican
B. Has an American-approved name and last name.
C. Has no foreign family. Both his parents hailed from Georgia and he was born in Michigan. Carson isn't Muslim sounding so no need to ask where he was born.

I will agree though that even some Southern Republicans may be reluctant to work with him IF he wins the presidency. Who knows? Dixiecrats part 2: Dixiecans?

seb146

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:52 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 24):
Considering that the whole birther thing was started by none other than Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2008.

Is not the same thing as:

Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email

Get ready to mark your calenders:

I do agree with you on one thing:

Even if President Obama were a Muslim, so what? There are a great many things President Obama deserves to be criticized over. The charge of being Muslim is not one of them.
Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 23):

Superfly is NOT a Democrat anymore! He spent so much time ranting and raving over how terrible the Democrats are and how awful the "democrat" party is. When someone calls it the "democrat" they are showing their ignorance and hatred and wish for a one party state in this country.

WarRI1

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:40 am

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 40):
I will agree though that even some Southern Republicans may be reluctant to work with him IF he wins the presidency. Who knows? Dixiecrats part 2: Dixiecans?

I imagine some Republican voters will not vote for him either no matter what. I find it just a bit hypocritical after the last 7 years of blocking the first black president on every issue of importance and then black man #2 will be acceptable. I do not believe it. I have always been skeptical about the birth issue being the reason for all the vitriol, the unending hate cartoons on the internet. Race has to be in there someplace. It is not reasonable to not think so.

SOBHI51

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:54 am

This is a nice cartoon

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/t31.0-8/s960x960/11170297_10152969986352522_1604480862142916540_o.png

seb146

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:12 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 42):
I imagine some Republican voters will not vote for him either no matter what.

Republicans will nominate a rich white guy as president and a rich white guy as vice president.

I know the Republican party is full of good ideas and good candidates. But, the base just wants rich white guys. As diverse and wonderful as this country is, that is the best the can come up with? I am not a fan of Lindsey Graham. I would rather see him nominated.

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:20 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 44):
I am not a fan of Lindsey Graham. I would rather see him nominated.

Graham is a loopy fruitcake. Funny guy, but wackjob ideas like taking out ISIS by killing them all put him in the non-starter category.

seb146

Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:41 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 45):
Graham is a loopy fruitcake. Funny guy, but wackjob ideas like taking out ISIS by killing them all put him in the non-starter category.

Don't get me wrong: I want so much to see Bernie Sanders as president and private money out of politics. I am just saying that, on the Republican side, Graham, to me, is the better candidate. Still nutty as a fruit cake, but better. For now. We still have over a year. Anything can happen.

LAX772LR

Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:48 am

Congratulations, you just described everyone who's ever run for high executive office.

MrChips

Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:05 am

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 40):
Why would they?

A. He's a Republican
B. Has an American-approved name and last name.
C. Has no foreign family. Both his parents hailed from Georgia and he was born in Michigan. Carson isn't Muslim sounding so no need to ask where he was born.

What about Rafael Cruz? His father was from a Known Enemy of the United States (which means he's probably a terrorist, or a spy, or a Communist, or a Commu-spy-terrist), he was born in CANADA and he is so afraid of his Latino heritage that he goes by the name Ted...clearly, he's trying to hide the truth from everyone about what his intentions are!!!!!! If he gets elected president he will ban the use of English and make Spanish the only official language of the United States and he will orchestrate a deal that will accede part of the country to Canada and the other part to Cuba and he will make maple syrup the only legal condiment for food and only mojitos will be sold in bars and....and...and...

Aaron747

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:01 am

Quoting MrChips (Reply 48):
If he gets elected president he will ban the use of English and make Spanish the only official language of the United States and he will orchestrate a deal that will accede part of the country to Canada and the other part to Cuba and he will make maple syrup the only legal condiment for food and only mojitos will be sold in bars and....and...and...

The Manchurian candidate! Señor peligroso!