727LOVER
Topic Author

Trump Boycotting FOX News

Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:24 pm

The billionaire candidate & his hair are boycotting FOX News.

The GOP presidential candidate, who has been leading the polls, declared on Wednesday morning that he is boycotting the cable news network in response to being treated “unfairly.”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-...boycotting-fox-news-163930331.html
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

einsteinboricua

RE: Trump Boycotting FOX News

Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:32 pm

I hope he just declares the "agreement" null and void and opts for a 3rd party run. It will be fun to see the chaos unfold within the GOP to see who will take Trump's position and how the GOP scatters to contain Trump voters who will follow him out of the party.

Unfortunately, this is just with Fox News but they're so closely affiliated with one another that it may lead to that eventually.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

aerorobnz

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Fox viewers are the target audience of Trump. I hope this signifies the beginning of his spiral downward,
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

einsteinboricua

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 2):
I hope this signifies the beginning of his spiral downward,

If someone identifies strongly with a candidate, they'll make the move elsewhere to keep up with him. I think this could represent a downturn in ratings for Fox though.

wingman

Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:31 pm

I'd miss Trump to be honest. I like his wall ideas and how he's going to fire China and Russia. He says he's willing to look into everything, like an explorer, except so far off his rocker it's funny to listen to him.

The rest of the field is just your traditional GOP Christian warrior nonsense spewing out of fresh pie holes every four years. Guys like Cruz and Huckabee, they're so insanely stupid it gets boring to listen to, like a cat playing with a dead mouse, it makes me fall asleep after 2 minutes.

I hope The Donald sticks around for the long haul. Laughing is good for the soul.

fr8mech

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:16 am

You know who Trump reminds me off:

A petulant, vindictive child that refuses to play when things don't go his way. A child that makes his own rules when the going gets tough. A child that steps over the line when he can because the watchers aren't watching close enough.

We've already got one of those people in The White House.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

wingman

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:21 am

Quoting fr8mech (Reply 5):
We've already got one of those people in The White House.

I heard Fox will rotate the their White House correspondent after the next election. You're right though, they're almost worse than Trump, or funnier depending on your mood.

seb146

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:25 am

Waaa!!! I am running for office and being asked questions!!! Waaa!!!

Maybe we should call the waaa-mbulance. If he is this whiny when a sympathetic outlet asks him questions, what would happen if he were president and we the people ask him things? Does he really think we live in a dictatorship? It looks like he would probably just ignore laws and rules he does not like. The Constitution, for example.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BestWestern

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:26 am

Trump says nothing of substance 90% of the time anyway - and the remainder is usually the bigoted nonsense that the GOP fanboys love to hear. Carson is no different.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

aerorobnz

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 am

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 3):
If someone identifies strongly with a candidate, they'll make the move elsewhere to keep up with him. I think this could represent a downturn in ratings for Fox though.

I think you rate their critical reasoning skills too highly . These people have none. To watch Fox without any sense of irony is mindless but typical of the demographic who would vote for any of this dreadful batch of GOP candidates, let alone for Trump. They have no ability to think for themselves because they have been conditioned to believe everything that FOX/The Bible tells them regardless of the facts and figures/hard data. These people actually believe in Creationism and the world being 5000 years old and other make-believe hocus pocus which requires a suspension of reality and absence of facts and reasoning to survive. They have a preposition for being conned and duped into acceptance of complete fabrications of the truth and I expect this to be no different.

Quoting wingman (Reply 4):
Laughing is good for the soul.

Yes it is, but there is also a danger that Trump is actually more of a Horror movie than a comedy joke who will do more negative than good if he is given the chance. He isn't a harmless clown - more of a "Chuckie" Clown.. The democrats are weak candidates too, there is potential for this guy to get too far to be able to do anything.by the time people realise it will be too late. Even to have him as a vice president is dangerous
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

seb146

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:00 am

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 9):
The democrats are weak candidates too, there is potential for this guy to get too far to be able to do anything.

One issue I see is that "news" organizations use polling. Polls in this country are limited and of no use anymore. They tell us what people who are home and have a hard wired phone are thinking. Not what real people are thinking. My opinion is: the country is in for a shock and surprise come November, 2016. Over a YEAR AWAY!!!

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:54 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 10):
Polls in this country are limited and of no use anymore.

After 2014, I'm taking the polls with a grain of salt. So many polls that predicted seats would be barely won and ended up being significant victories (except Warner from VA who barely squeaked by when his seat was presumed safer).

zkojq

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 8):
Trump says nothing of substance 90% of the time anyway

But he's going to make America great again. It says so on the hat!   

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 9):
Yes it is, but there is also a danger that Trump is actually more of a Horror movie than a comedy joke who will do more negative than good if he is given the chance.

I still think that he's just a stooge sent in by the Clintons to mess up the GOP race and make the other candidates firm up their positions on the far-right of the political spectrum, making them unelectable when it comes to facing Hillary in the election. Kasich and Bush should be leading the Republican race, but Trump's presence deprives them of media attention (oxygen) and will presumably be depleting their finances. He's doing a good job!

[Edited 2015-09-24 05:26:48]
First to fly the 787-9

Marcus

Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:04 pm

I hope he starts to boycott more news channels, printed media, social media etc etc etc
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

seb146

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Quoting zkojq (Reply 12):
I still think that he's just a stooge sent in by the Clintons

I doubt it. He did try to run last time, too and had very strong right wing opinions the election before that.

Quoting Marcus (Reply 13):
I hope he starts to boycott more news channels, printed media, social media etc etc etc

He will because hosts and moderators will be asking him pointed questions about his policies and he will take it as a personal attack.

LAX772LR

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:35 am

I still think that he's just a stooge sent in by the Clintons to mess up the GOP race

The more and more this goes on, the more I'm starting to wonder if it's just some manner of performance-art as well.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 14):
He did try to run last time, too and had very strong right wing opinions the election before that.

And what was the result: he had them talking about birth certificates instead of policy. Same thing really.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

seb146

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:58 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 15):
I'm starting to wonder if it's just some manner of performance-art as well.

Green Eggs And Ham says the presidential nominee....

he had them talking about birth certificates instead of policy

He had "them" (read: media) falling all over themselves over Trump. Same then, same now. Nothing has changed. Democrats evil, Republicans saviors, Trump god. An no thinking person believes any of it.

StarAC17

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:17 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 14):
He will because hosts and moderators will be asking him pointed questions about his policies and he will take it as a personal attack.

He will also call them losers and try to sue whomever challenges him  
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

LAX772LR

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 16):
An no thinking person believes any of it.

Which goes to show that there's a lottttt of unthinking people, because the dude's just plain popular.

But then again, Bernie Sanders is doing essentially the same thing, just to the other ideology:
touting objectives that are appealing, but have an almost negligible chance of actually happening.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

jetwet1

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:09 am

I still think that he's just a stooge sent in by the Clintons to mess up the GOP race and make the other candidates firm up their positions on the far-right of the political spectrum, making them unelectable when it comes to facing Hillary in the election.

The more and more this goes on, the more I'm starting to wonder if it's just some manner of performance-art as well.

I really get the feeling that it started out as a PR stunt, keep the Trump name on the front pages, TV screens and internet forums, only for it to actually make some traction, so come out with a stupid comment about John McCain and what do you know, instead of tanking his numbers went up !

At that point, he may as well run with it, insulting a Fox News anchor didn't hurt him, at this point, why not go for it, he isn't having to spend a whole lot of $$$ as every news organization and Fox News* (see what I did there?) are giving him free publicity.

*IMHO Fox News should be renamed Fox Editorial, but that's a different thread subject.