Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

einsteinboricua

RE: Trump's GOP Anathema: 9/11 Was On GWB's Watch

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

Quoting UA444 (Reply 49):
It took Obama to get him after having enough intelligence, some of which came from the Bush era.

So if Bush already knew he was hiding in Pakistan at the time why didn't he go after him?

BestWestern

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Because Jesus told him not to.

UA444

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 50):

Which isn't what I said. I said that the intelligence gathered in 2010 that led them to Abbotobafd was a continuation of what Bush started.

Ken777

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 3):
Everyone calm down and blame someone not named Bush.

I'll actually agree with that as various departments in government were totally failing to communicate with each other. Those were the heads who should have been rolling - not just the directors but management levels who failed to communicate. The stupid part for W was approving the Department of Homeland Security.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 4):
'W' was warned specifically about terrorists planning an attack using commercial airliners yet he did NOTHING.

Look at the departments who should have been communicating with each other buy prefer to limit communications between by keeping the heads where their cellphones wouldn't reach, I'll give credit for W telling the department heads to "get on it" - assuming that they would work together

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 7):
I think everyone gives him a pass because he was a simpleton, a muppet with a couple of hands up has butt moving his mouth and head.

W was a reasonably smart guy but, like his father, he had some horrible people around him. Bush I was brought down by some pretty ignorant congress conservatives. Bush II didn't have a chance - he was President and Cheney was CEO. Think of how much better this would would be if W had been successful getting Colin Powell to run with him. No Cheney, no Rummy, etc.

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 8):
911 was the fault of lunatic terrorists and no matter how much security is put in place, you cannot stop terrorist acts.

We have stopped terrorists attempts in the past and we will in the future. It's not W or Obama keeping us "safe" - it' been the boots on the ground and departments working together.

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 11):
and somehow people want Obama's and Clinton's heads for it.

They are both Democrats who took the White House say from the Republican. There is no greater sin.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 14):
Don't talk about who was president then! Benghazi!!

Compare the death counts before getting too excited about Benghazi. Then look at the security budgets for Embassies and Consulates. Do you really believe that the "Freedom Caucus" will allow more funding to boost security with US Military personnel at levels that ensure proper protection.

Quoting zckls04 (Reply 15):
I am no fan of Bush, but I find this statement appalling.

There is a tradition on accepting responsibility. Truman made it very clear - "The Buck Stops Here". After 9/11 the GOP was very active in passing the buck.

Personally I believe int someone being in a respio

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 20):
Bush was a patsy on the whole Iraq thing.

W was easily manipulated by Cheney & Rummy. I can't see it any other way.

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 24):
If it's Trump vs Carson or Cruz - who would you pick?

If I was going to vote in the GOP primary I'd probably hold my nose and vote for Trump.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 35):
'w' was criminally negligent with respect to 9-11.

He was specifically warned about those type of attacks yet did nothing so yes, he was responsible.

Not really, but he certainly had failed to have an effective administration. Cheney was probably too worried about getting all the tax cuts and lining Halliburton up for an Iraq invasion at some point in the future.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 35):
If you are the Captain of a ship and you choose to ignore specific threats against your vessel and its sunk you WILL be held responsible.

Captains of Naval ships are responsible even if they had not received specific threats. Look up the USS Evans for an example of a Captain who had trained Officers who would be having the con. I saw what was left of the Evans when she was tied up at Subic. A very blunt message for all who would serve on the Bridge, man a radar scope, or stand an outside watch

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 36):
You can't compare a ship and a nation the size of the US.

But you can compare a no excuse approach to a Navy Captain to the pass the buck Cheney/Bush Administration.

Max Q

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:19 am

It took Obama to get him after having enough intelligence, some of which came from the Bush era.

Intelligence from the bush era eh ?

Well, at least you have a sense of humor..

seb146

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 53):
Do you really believe that the "Freedom Caucus" will allow more funding to boost security with US Military personnel at levels that ensure proper protection.

Sure they will. When/if a Republican is elected to the White House!

MD11Engineer

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 50):

So if Bush already knew he was hiding in Pakistan at the time why didn't he go after him?

When OBL was holed up in Tora Bora, the German government offered Bush a battalion of trained alpine mountain troops (Gebirgsjäger) to seal off the region's northern flank. Bush declined because Schroeder refused to participate in the Iraq invasion and instead had Afghan militias to control this sector. Only thing was that they were corrupt and let themselves be bribed to let OBL escape to, as we know today, Pakistan.

Jan

Max Q

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:54 am

Quoting DLFREEBIRD (Reply 27):
Jeb Bush,is blaming Hilary for Benghazi. because it happened on her watch, then he turns around and says we are not suppose to blame his brother for what happened on his watch.

Funny how that works.

Well said, and 'w' was President, Hillary wasn't.