Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

nitepilot79
Topic Author

Royal Saudi BEY Drug Bust

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:32 am

According to the article in the post, 2-tons of "amphetamine Captagon" pills were discovered on the way to a Royal Saudi plane at BEY...wow!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10...smuggled-out-on-private-jet-saudi/

Article quote:

"BEIRUT – A Lebanese official says Beirut airport authorities have foiled one of the country's largest drug smuggling attempts, seizing two tons of amphetamine Captagon pills before they were loaded onto the private plane of a Saudi prince."

WarRI1

RE: Royal Saudi BEY Drug Bust

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:49 am

Quoting nitepilot79 (Thread starter):
"BEIRUT – A Lebanese official says Beirut airport authorities have foiled one of the country's largest drug smuggling attempts, seizing two tons of amphetamine Captagon pills before they were loaded onto the private plane of a Saudi prince."

It does not surprise, isn't liquor forbidden in Saudi Arabia? He has to have something to kick back with and relax from the pressures of being wealthy. They will probably blame it on the crew and give them 50 lash's which they will not feel because of all the drugs given to them free.

Aaron747

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:53 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 1):
They will probably blame it on the crew and give them 50 lash's which they will not feel because of all the drugs given to them free.

Whoo boy that was a good one!   

AR385

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:09 am

It does not surprise, isn't liquor forbidden in Saudi Arabia? He has to have something to kick back with and relax from the pressures of being wealthy.

I hope you are joking...alcohol is one thing, amphetamines is another matter entirely. I do not know about Saudi Arabia, but Iran has a big problem with those and opiates.

ltbewr

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:16 am

The 'royal' or his 'servernts' figured using an abuse of diplomatic immunity, they could get away with it. To me the bigger issue is where the money used to pay for these drugs went to. ISIS ? Hezbollah ? al-Queda and/or other groups against Israel, Syria or Lebanon's government.
I think we need a redefinition of who can have diplomatic immunity and what one an be immune from. A bust for a few joints, or a few parking ticket, no biggie, but spies, rapists, those DWI and seriously injure or kill someone, or here with dealer quantity amounts of drugs, then it cannot apply.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:33 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 3):
I hope you are joking...alcohol is one thing, amphetamines is another matter entirely. I do not know about Saudi Arabia, but Iran has a big problem with those and opiates.

It was said in jest, It is so bizarre that one cannot really understand this kind of event. One of the most restrictive regions religion wise and they have drug problems. The topper is a Saudi Prince with his private jet breaking laws not only in his country, but in another as well. To comment on this, you really tend to joke about it. Of course I do find the entire region bizarre and hypocritical, so I guess some of my speculation may have merit. I think for sure, the Prince will suffer no harm, someone else will take the fall, and lash's are handed out there quite freely.

[Edited 2015-10-26 20:38:49]

zckls04

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 am

He has to have something to kick back with and relax from the pressures of being wealthy.

You can do many things on amphetamines, but relaxing is not one of them  

seb146

Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:50 am

The wealthy can do what they please and, if caught, get a slap on the wrist. The rest of us will face long prison sentences or even death. As God/Allah wanted....

The law is equal for everyone. But some of us are more equal than others. Depending on our family name and bank account and skin color.

EL-AL

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:29 am

Every Israeli knows that all the good stuff is coming from the north  

Kiwirob

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 am

It's a bad week for Saudi Princes, another one was arrested in LA for all kinds of kinky shit including forcing the help to watch him get jerked off by a manservant.

https://www.rt.com/usa/316537-saudi-prince-sex-crime/

aerorobnz

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:17 pm

To believe in the nonsense they believe in and enact daily on their subjects you'd have to be on drugs to think it is ok to do.

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 9):

It's a bad week for Saudi Princes, another one was arrested in LA for all kinds of kinky shit including forcing the help to watch him get jerked off by a manservant.

They should behead him for being gay...  for consistency's sake... 

It's always the most staunchly repressed religious types that are the biggest deviants and perverts of the lot.

They should both be flown to Guantanamo as "terrorism suspects" and interrogated. Diplomatic immunity means nothing there.. http://www.ibtimes.com/middle-east-c...ome-too-hot-human-survival-2156642

Maybe amphetamines reverse climate change? haha.

A342

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Even if the prince will likely escape any sentence, where would his crime be on this list?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/01/21/how-saudi-arabias-harsh-legal-punishments-compare-to-the-islamic-states/

Anyway, Saudi Arabia is on the fast track to become the next truly failed nation after Somalia. But it's going to be much worse. If God exist, please help us all...

ArmitageShanks

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Quoting A342 (Reply 11):
Anyway, Saudi Arabia is on the fast track to become the next truly failed nation after Somalia.

We can only hope. A true garbage culture.

einsteinboricua

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Saudi Arabia may erupt depending on how this is handled. The question (to which we will never know the true answer) is whether the Prince was in on this.

Let's assume he was and it's proven. How will he be punished? Exiled with a $1B severance? Slight wrist slap? If he isn't punished I'm thinking commoners may soon protest on why the law is applied harshly to them but not the royals (although, like any Christian, it's the way God intended).

If he wasn't in on it, then how to proceed? Why target a Prince's plane? Does it mean that Saudi has a serious drug problem and they don't report on it?

A342

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 13):
If he isn't punished I'm thinking commoners may soon protest

I don't belive Saudi authorities would have any qualms about crushing any protests, probably even uglier than Gaddafi and Assad...

JAGflyer

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Like with all the Royal families, it's just the tip of the iceberg. Countries like KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, etc are all "Islam-this", "Quran-that" but once the palace curtains are closed, the booze, drugs, and sex come out. There are laws for citizens and then free-rein for the ruling elite.

1g

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 4):

Does the prince of Saudi Arabia have diplomatic immunity? Nothing mentioned of him having immunity in the article.

I don't think the prince would have immunity because he wasn't travelling for an official state visit or anything actually diplomacy related. Also note that having a diplomatic passport does not mean you have immunity from criminal jurisdiction.
Immunity needs to be granted by the host country, in this case Lebanon, and a host country usually doesn't grant immunity to people who are just visiting or passing through the country leisurely.

If he actually had real immunity it isn't very likely they would have been able to raid the princes aircraft and then arrest him.

But of course feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken on something. Lebanon and the KSA might have totally different laws concerning diplomatic immunity.

DocLightning

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 13):

Saudi Arabia may erupt depending on how this is handled. The question (to which we will never know the true answer) is whether the Prince was in on this.

If he was, the Kingdom will do everything in its power to ensure that this information does not get out. If it was him, a scapegoat will be found and that scapegoat will probably be publicly tortured and executed.

solarflyer22

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:52 am

Quoting EL-AL (Reply 8):

Every Israeli knows that all the good stuff is coming from the north

Well, you're probably buying it from Hezbollah.

Quoting 1g (Reply 16):
Does the prince of Saudi Arabia have diplomatic immunity

No, but Lebanon is really more in Saudi's orbit than Iran's. They won't make a big fuss.

I am not sure why SOBHI has not opined but my experience was....
The Saudi Royals arrive on private jets to the Kingdom and go through a separate Customs area at RUH and other airports. They are lightly screened but are well known to be smuggling drugs, alcohol, and women. Human trafficking is big issue. There is in fact a "Royal Jail" and there is a royal who handle princes who get out of line. Its not the same legal system but its not a free for all either. 1 liter of whiskey is about $110 and the Royals do earn a lot from smuggling. Its not all oil wealth (a common misconception)

In Iran, you can get whiskey for about $25-$30 a liter and thats because the black market is not as tight by comparison. I also saw it in everyones home unlike Saudi Arabia. I didn't particularly see drug problems but I doubt its worst than the west.

DocLightning

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:00 am

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 18):
I am not sure why SOBHI has not opined

Because he knows better than to criticize his royal family on the internet?

Kiwirob

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:27 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 19):

To be fair to the guy it's not his Royal Family, he only lives there, he's Syrian.

MD11Engineer

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:27 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 20):
Quoting DocLightning (Reply 19):

To be fair to the guy it's not his Royal Family, he only lives there, he's Syrian.

But he can have everything taken from him and be expelled, after a time in jail. Saudi Arabia is not a state based on independent law (as we see in this case right now) and stillis an absolute monarchy, like we had in Europe under Louis XIV (maybe the council of equally feudal tribal leaders control the king, a bit like in medieval England, where the barons were opposing the king, but it was all aristocrats among themselves).

Jan

777way

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:41 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 20):
he's Syrian.

He is also a Saudi citizen, not just an expat or asylum seeker.

bhill

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:20 pm

TWO TONS!!!!???? If he did NOT know about it, he needs to loose his royal status and become the court jester...or villiage idiot. Two tons.....what kind of private jet is this? A C-17???

WarRI1

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:52 am

Quoting zckls04 (Reply 6):
You can do many things on amphetamines, but relaxing is not one of them  

I see, I see, then I would think uppers and downers, with them being the upper. I guess over there in that wonderful region the people have enough downers to not need them in pill form. Life is the downer, so why the heck do the privileged need uppers? Strange indeed.

SOBHI51

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:39 am

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 18):
I am not sure why SOBHI has not opined

Having a severe medical problem and trying to take a life changing decision.

Acheron

Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 25):

Even if we don't get along at all, my best wishes to you and good luck, mate.

SOBHI51

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Quoting Acheron (Reply 26):

Thank you, i really appreciate it.

solarflyer22

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:37 am

Yeah, hope you get well soon. If you can make it to Dubai or Doha for a second opinion you might want to consider it. I had an egyption doctor misdiagnose me severely once so its worth it to double check.

SOBHI51

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:06 am

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 28):

Thank you solarflyer22, i was diagnosed in the States two weeks ago, Doctors here also confirmed it, thinking of taking an early retirement and joining my children back in the USA. I have to watch my BP among a thousand other things, that's why i am not involved in some of the discussions. It seems all the bad habits i committed while much younger is catching up with me.

WarRI1

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:24 am

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 29):

Let me add my best wishs for you also.

notaxonrotax

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:00 am

Same here SOBHI51!
Good luck making these major decisions, and here's me hoping you won't be in physical discomfort!

A-net is pretty minor really, when real problems come knocking.

No Tax On Rotax

N1120A

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:36 am

Best wishes for a quick recovery SOBHI

Quoting AR385 (Reply 3):

Iran also has one of the most progressive addiction treatment programs in the world, and is giving serious thought to the legalization of cannabis and opium.

SOBHI51

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:37 pm

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 31):

Thank you. Thanks God no pain associated. Still enjoy reading A-net, but i get tired after a short while.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 32):
Best wishes for a quick recovery SOBHI

Thank you.

flyingturtle

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:44 pm

My best wishes for you, mate!

Amphetamines are also used to make fighters, perhaps the IS ones, more powerful. There's a reason climbers in the old days, fighter pilots or tank crews take them or have taken them. Captagon (fenethyllin) is acting both like an amphetamine and caffeine, and can be produced quite simply.

I wonder if this Saudi prince wanted to use these drugs for himself, or if he supplied them to his friends...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...t-with-fighters-high-on-drugs.html

David

johnboy

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 29):
It seems all the bad habits i committed while much younger is catching up with me.

I feel your pain.

Hoping things work out well for you.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 5):
Of course I do find the entire region bizarre and hypocritical, so I guess some of my speculation may have merit.

Indeed. I have a 20-something Saudi male friend (ahem!) who tells me all kinds of stories about drinking alcohol, using drugs, and illicit hookups of the "gay" variety behind closed doors.

I tend to believe him, since i doubt he honed his skillful "talents" by reading the Quran all day long.  

777way

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Sorry to hear that, wish you good health, computer EMF/radiation could be tiring you as well look into that.

SOBHI51

Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 36):

Thank you very much. Best regards to your family.

Chaostheory

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:53 am

فصبر جميل والله المستعان على ما تصفون

Please ask if you need anything Sobhi.

777way

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 37):

Thanks same to yours as well, try out prophetic medicine practices tib-e-nabavi, cured many of incurable disorders, herbal treatment for those wondering,

BTW camels milk is appraently a new found miracle treatment for autism.

SOBHI51

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Quoting Chaostheory (Reply 38):
Quoting 777way (Reply 39):

Thank you very much for caring.