Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

727LOVER
Topic Author

Has Your Sports Team Ever Embarrassed You?

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:06 pm

CHOKED would be the correct term, I believe.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been an embarrassment for a LOT of years. But last Sunday was probably the worst. They were leading by 24-0 midway through the 2nd quarter....24-0 !!   

Wound up losing the game  Wow!

Being blown out 55-0 would have been LESS embarrassing.

These are not mine, but some that fans of these teams would rather forget:

NY Yankees 2004 ALCS?

A certain game from the Houston Oilers in 1992, I think?

Chicago Cubs being like 2 outs from going to the World Series, putting the blame on a fan?

I forget the year...Tampa Bay Rays in game 6 of ALCS against Boston Red Sox....luckily only minor because the Rays eventually won the series. (ALCS)

So...when has your team embarrassed you.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ken777

RE: Has Your Sports Team Ever Embarrassed You?

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm an old Dallas fan. Back to the days of Don Meredith and Roger Staubach. (I was especially impressed with Staubach as he served in the Navy for 4 years without complaint before joining the Cowboys. There have been some outstanding games over the years, but then there has been misery - like this year with all the injuries.

At least they should be in a good position draft wise.

LittleFokker

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:11 pm

No.

Go Spurs Go

Nothing more needs to be said
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

Osubuckeyes

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:19 pm

2007 BCS National Title game. I went in so hyped that the Buckeyes would just dominate and things would be like they were all regular season. I talked so much trash to all my friends and boy did I eat crow. Also, it had to be one of the most disappointing games I have ever been to 41-14.

AZ football Cardinals were such an embarrassment for such a long time, but those days are thankfully gone. Day games in Sun Devil Stadium when it was 100 degrees, more fans for the visiting team, and a 20 point loss were the norm.

The Browns every year.

ASU football has had a few embarrassments over the years. Specifically this year they were hyped up to be a Pac 12 and Playoff contender and that has been quite far from the truth. Pretty embarrassing to play the way they did against TAMU and USC.

I was embarrassed to be a D-Backs fan 2012-2014 under the Gibson/Towers regime. The perception in baseball was that they were the dirtiest team, and they were outspoken in the media about intentionally throwing bean balls. For a few years it was like come on grow up guys... Especially when they played the Dodgers.

bluejuice

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 pm

2004 New York Yankees

As a Yankees fan in Boston, I was basically the face of "The Evil Empire" especially at work. During the American League Championship Series (ALCS) back in 2004, the Yankee quickly took a 3 game lead out of a best of 7 series. One more win and the Yankees would head off to the World Series while the Red Sox went home again thinking, "Maybe next year." No team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit.

At work, there was a very large call center that was full of rabid Red Sox fans decked out in Red Sox colors and gear. I decided to smugly run through with a broom (hinting at a sweep) proclaiming the Curse of the Bambino lives on. Needless to say I got lots of thumbs downs and wadded up balls of paper thrown in my direction. Then the epic collapse came as the Yankees proceeded to lose 4 straight games. Needless to say, the day after game 7 saw my mea culpa. When I walked into the call center the next day, almost everyone stood up and held a printout with a message like, "Colossal Collapse," "Yankess Suck," etc.

To add insult to injury, the Red Sox broke their World Series drought by winning it all that year. I was unanimously elected to coordinate the Red Sox World Series celebration. All in all the rivalry was in good fun. No one took it too seriously and I was a good sport about it.
Not biased against vacuum flush.

Alias1024

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Yes.

The University of New Mexico has been causing embarrassment since well before I was born. Just in my lifetime there's been repeated NCAA basketball tournament misery:

Losing as a 3 seed to 14 seed Harvard followed the next year with another loss as the higher seed to Stanford.

Getting blown out as a 3 seed in the second round to 11 seed Washington.

Losing as a 5 to 12 seed George Washington when several players got food poisoning from chili dogs. I still remember one of out best players sitting on the bench throwing up into a trash can.

Then there's football. Oh boy. The previous head coach, Mike Locksley (Maryland's interim coach...good luck Terps), was a complete embarrassment. Probably the worst head coaching tenure in college football history. 2-26 record over two and a half seasons with most losses being blowouts. At his introduction he said we'd need to add another digit to the scoreboard, but he neglected to say it would be on the visitors side.

The bad losses weren't even the embarrassing part. In two and a half years he was sued for harassment by a secretary, suspended for punching one of his assistant coaches, and got into an altercation with a student newspaper reporter at a restaurant. The final straw was when an underage friend of his son was arrested for drunk driving, in front of the stadium during a game, in the coaches vehicle. Oh, and that was homecoming and we lost to an FCS team that night.

My NFL team is the Miami Dolphins. They've been mostly embarrassing since Dan Marino retired.

At least being a San Francisco Giants and Pittsburgh Penguins fan has worked out alright.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

GEG

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 pm

As a Seattle Mariners fan, every year is dissapointing and slightly embarrasing. Especially this year with the high expectations goiing into it.
I have no idea what I'm doing...

ER757

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 pm

I wouldn't say teams I've supported embarrassed me but I have seen some world-class choke jobs by them over the years.

1971 - Stanley Cup Finals, game 7. Blackhawks had a 2-0 lead AT HOME, only to watch it evaporate in the most humiliating way. The first goal by Montreal was a dump-in from center ice that the goalie wiffed on. Went downhill from there. They ended up losing 3-2.

1983 - ALCS. White Sox who had won the division by 20 games (!) took game one in Baltimore then proceeded to lose three straight, two of them at home. The last one a crushing defeat in extra innings when no-name pinch hitter (I know his name now) Tito Landrum hit a home run.

2001 - ALCS. Seattle Mariners after winning a record 116 games in the regular season go quietly against the Yankees. Don't even make the World Series, let alone win it.

2015 Super Bowl. - Seahawks from the 1 yard line....no more needs to be said

Jetsgo

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 pm

http://prod.static.49ers.clubs.nfl.com/nfl-assets/img/gbl-ico-team/SF/logos/home/large.png

Coming from UNR where we enjoyed Kap for several years, the falling of the 49ers over the past couple seasons has been depressing to say the least. Note, Jim Harbaugh was not the problem.

[Edited 2015-10-27 17:11:47]
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

tz757300

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 am

Quoting Osubuckeyes (Reply 3):

2007 BCS National Title game. I went in so hyped that the Buckeyes would just dominate and things would be like they were all regular season. I talked so much trash to all my friends and boy did I eat crow. Also, it had to be one of the most disappointing games I have ever been to 41-14.

I know how you feel for the title game, well almost.

My Mountaineer team was ranked #2 and poised to play in the BCS championship, until Pitt, who was doing pretty rough all season, decided to ruin that for us in the last game of the season. I still hate to talk about it to this day. It was such a disappointing and embarrassing end to the season. We could have even beat OSU in that game 

At least we got to beat the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl, as a consolation.

seb146

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:16 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Thread starter):
Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been an embarrassment for a LOT of years. But last Sunday was probably the worst.

I expect the Bucs to pull defeat from the jaws of victory every Sunday. That is what they do.

The Blazers were an embarassment under PJ Carlissimo. Mostly off the court.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

vikkyvik

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:13 am

'86 Red Sox, of course, but at this point I just feel bad for Buckner. He lost the game, but he didn't lose the series.

The Pats losing two Super Bowls to Eli Manning. Especially the first one......that hurt.

NY Yankees 2004 ALCS?

That wasn't embarrassing, that was the best week in sports!  
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

IMissPiedmont

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:21 am

How could the performance of a bunch of people you have never met, and will never meet, embarrass you?

The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

seb146

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 am

Quoting IMissPiedmont (Reply 12):
How could the performance of a bunch of people you have never met, and will never meet, embarrass you?

If you have ever been to a hockey, basketball, or soccer game, you would understand. I don't care much for football or baseball, but I get it.

UltimateDelta

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:54 am

This year's Nebraska football team has managed to lose five games so far in a cumulative two minutes of total playing time...that pretty much sums it up. Granted, the whole coaching staff was changed before the season, so I get that there are going to be adjustments, but they've had a hell of a time finishing games so far.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

Cadet985

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:35 am

Yes. I live in Philadelphia and root for our teams. We're used to disappointment and embarrassment.

Marc

727LOVER
Topic Author

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:37 am

Miami Dolphins starting 7-1 and collapsing to 8-8

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 11):
The Pats losing two Super Bowls to Eli Manning. Especially the first one......that hurt.

No, THAT was the best DAY in sports! 
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

seb146

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:47 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 16):

I felt bad that one year the Bills were blown out by the Cowboys. I didn't feel bad for what happened on the field. My best friend and his girlfriend got in a huge fight, he got drunk, and no one cared what happened with the football game by halftime.

About 50 drunk college students at the "home" of the governor of Idaho (he proved residency by renting a trailer in Moscow for a year or so) and I could not find my friend. Turns out, he was so drunk and mad that he dated a hoe for a year, he drove home and passed out in his car in his driveway. Stupid move, we all agree. I was left to call his sister, who still hates me for no reason to this day, and beg for a ride. She had some choice words for the girlfriend.

Anyway, I read that the Bills lost in the Monday Spokesman-Review.

jetblueguy22

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:52 am

I was embarrassed when the NCAA forced my UND Fighting Sioux to drop our name. I understand why the school had to do it. But it feels so wrong.
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

Cadet985

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:28 am

Quoting jetblueguy22 (Reply 18):
I was embarrassed when the NCAA forced my UND Fighting Sioux to drop our name. I understand why the school had to do it. But it feels so wrong.
Pat

I seriously don't understand the sudden backlash against teams with Native American names. The team that started this backlash - the Washington Redskins, have been around since 1932. It took until 2014-ish for people to be offended. I don't get it.

Marc

vikkyvik

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:55 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 17):
I felt bad that one year the Bills were blown out by the Cowboys.

I used to be a Bills fan when I was young, for some reason (probably because the Pats sucked long-term, and I was too young to grasp that you root for your home team through thick and thin).

So losing four Super Bowls in a row, the last two both to the Cowboys....yeah, kinda embarrassing.

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 16):

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 5):
My NFL team is the Miami Dolphins. They've been mostly embarrassing since Dan Marino retired.

The fact that they never won a Super Bowl with Dan Marino.....maybe not embarrassing, but I feel really bad for the guy.

OH, and neither team is my team, but how about giving up an inside-the-park home run on the team's first at-bat in a World Series? Last time that happened in the first at-bat of a WS game......1903.

[Edited 2015-10-27 22:56:31]
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

seb146

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:00 am

Quoting Cadet985 (Reply 19):
It took until 2014-ish for people to be offended. I don't get it.

People have been offended by Native American mascots for decades. Redskins I get. Chiefs, not so much.

I know the Kansas City football team has a Native American history; hence, Arrowhead Stadium and the Arrowhead on their logo. But, when I hear the word "chief" I think of police, fireman, and Maxwell Smart. Fighting Sioux? They fought. And fought hard. Why would that not be a rallying cry? Look at this nation of people who fought for what they believed in. Let's name something in honor of them!

Osubuckeyes

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Quoting tz757300 (Reply 9):
My Mountaineer team was ranked #2 and poised to play in the BCS championship, until Pitt, who was doing pretty rough all season, decided to ruin that for us in the last game of the season. I still hate to talk about it to this day. It was such a disappointing and embarrassing end to the season. We could have even beat OSU in that game 

At least we got to beat the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl, as a consolation.

I remember that Pitt game very well. I was actually face WVU, because it looked like there could be a rematch against Mich, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered since half the team ended up drinking and partying the whole time they were there for the Natty.

I also went to the Fiesta Bowl that year. Me and a buddy picked up last minute tickets for like $25. That was the game that caused WVU to hire Bill Stewart, which is a mistake no team should make (hiring interim coach).

Mir

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:32 pm

It has been [0] weeks since the Jets last embarrassed themselves.   

NY Yankees 2004 ALCS?

2009 took a lot of that sting away, but yes, that was a very bad month.

I seriously don't understand the sudden backlash against teams with Native American names. The team that started this backlash - the Washington Redskins, have been around since 1932. It took until 2014-ish for people to be offended.

No, it took until 2014 for people to start paying attention to the people who had been offended for a while.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 21):
I know the Kansas City football team has a Native American history; hence, Arrowhead Stadium and the Arrowhead on their logo. But, when I hear the word "chief" I think of police, fireman, and Maxwell Smart.

Even if you want to look at it in a Native American context, the word implies the image of a leader, a figure of power, etc. "Redskins" is a derogatory term, similar to "negro".

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

bunumuring

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Manly Sea Eagles.

Lifelong passionate supporter of the rugby league team people love to hate. I'm very very vocal about my passion for the team and I cop abuse (verbal and in two cases when I was a teenager, physical) for that passion.

This year they didn't make the NRL finals. First time in forever. The ridicule and teasing I received because of this was incredible, but I took it on the chin. I wasn't embarrassed by them not making the finals, but sad. But I guess what I have been through over the years, constantly having to 'justify' my passion, makes me sympathise with those who deal feel embarrassed about their team.

And just for the record, I went to the NRL Grand Final a few weeks ago at Olympic Stadium... it was THE greatest game of rugby league I have ever seen and I am still buzzing that I was there to watch live what is being called the greatest grand final of all time... and the few times the crowd quietened down during the game, I stood up and yelled at the top of my voice "GO MANLY" !!!

Cheers,
Bunumuring.
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

TWA772LR

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm a Texans fan... There you go. We will have a good QB, someday!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

jetblueguy22

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 pm

I seriously don't understand the sudden backlash against teams with Native American names. The team that started this backlash - the Washington Redskins, have been around since 1932. It took until 2014-ish for people to be offended. I don't get it.

The fight for the name stretched out over about a decade. They said we could keep it if the tribes approved it. But one chairman chose not to pick sides. Since it wasn't a yes, away with the name.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 21):
Why would that not be a rallying cry? Look at this nation of people who fought for what they believed in. Let's name something in honor of them!

During all of our sporting events they would play a video showing how being a Sioux meant pride and tradition. It was a dedication to the Sioux, and very nice. One of my best friends was born and raised on a Sioux reservation. He was about the most angry person I know over dropping the name. It was a source of pride for him.

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 25):

I'm a Texans fan... There you go. We will have a good QB, someday!

Hopefully one that can make the team plane too!
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

dtw9

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:04 pm

You guys complain about a game or two. Try 57 years of being embarrassed!!!!!!!

There's even a petition on line for Congress to revoke their passports while they're in Europe so they can't come back

[Edited 2015-10-28 14:09:33]

[Edited 2015-10-28 14:10:02]

nwadeicer

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:10 pm

I miss the Red Tail

Mir

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Quoting jetblueguy22 (Reply 26):
During all of our sporting events they would play a video showing how being a Sioux meant pride and tradition. It was a dedication to the Sioux, and very nice.

Unless you're a member of the Sioux tribe, you don't really get to pass judgement on that. "It's not meant to be offensive, so it's not offensive" isn't sound logic.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

L0VE2FLY

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 pm

I don't care about sports, but my hometown's team the San Diego Chargers does a good job at embarrassing their fans.

Quoting IMissPiedmont (Reply 12):

Have you ever met a sports-crazy person?!

jetblueguy22

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 29):
Unless you're a member of the Sioux tribe, you don't really get to pass judgement on that. "It's not meant to be offensive, so it's not offensive" isn't sound logic.

Sounds like typical PC speech. Everything is offensive to someone. The ones who deemed it offensive were rich white guys in an office in Indianapolis.
Pat

Okie

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:42 am

Quoting LittleFokker (Reply 2):
Go Spurs Go

Nothing more needs to be said

A Little Thunder on Spurs season opening 

OKC Thunder 112 - SA Spurs 106

Damn good game. Long season to go. The Spurs look up for the challenge, just not so quite enough tonight.

Okie

WarRI1

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:10 am

I rooted for the Red Sox from 1950 to 2004 until they broke through and won. Was I embarrassed? Not really. Was I enraged? At times. Was I relived by the win finally? That is putting it mildly. I still root for them, but it has never been quite the same. We die hard Red Sox fans were special then for sticking it out for 53 years of frustration and more for some. Now we are merely Red Sox fans waiting for the next big win. My Father-in-law never lived to see any of the series wins.. He was a fan from the early 30's. He was not alone.

[Edited 2015-10-28 21:15:21]
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

bohica

Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:56 am

Quoting Jetsgo (Reply 8):
the falling of the 49ers over the past couple seasons has been depressing to say the least. Note, Jim Harbaugh was not the problem.

The problem with my 49ers is the ownership and the front office. Denise Debartolo York, and her husband, John York let their son Jed run the team. Jed has absolutely no clue how to run a football team and his crone, Trent Ballke is clueless as well. These people have destroyed the 49ers with their demonstrated incompetence. They fire a winning head coach and all the players who were free agents bailed during the off-season going to other teams. A few others simply retired. What did the 49ers fans get in return? We got Jim Tomsula as the head coach because nobody else wanted the job. What did we get for players? We got Reggie Bush. Whoop dee f---in do. Result? A complete disaster of a season and more disasterous seasons to look forward to.

The York family turned their backs on the 49er faithful. The real fans were beer drinking blue collar workers who went to Candlestick Park to watch football and stayed until the end of the game, win or lose. Now the York family caters to the wine sipping executives of Silicon Valley and their guests who sit in the various bars located inside Levi's Stadium drinking grossly overpriced drinks for most of the game and never even sit in their seats. Real 49ers fans can't afford to go to Levi's Stadium. if they could, they would be in their seats with beer in their hands, not spending the game sitting at some stadium bar with their faces buried in their smartphones.

The time for the York family to sell the team to someone who actually cares about the 49ers. Also the entire front office needs to be fired and a competent coaching staff needs to be hired.

elbandgeek

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:00 am

I'd say winning 3 championships and then having it all tainted by your best player being a rapist is pretty embarrassing, but unfortunately I think I'm in the minority opinion on that one   

LittleFokker

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:37 am

Quoting elbandgeek (Reply 35):
I'd say winning 3 championships and then having it all tainted by your best player being a rapist is pretty embarrassing, but unfortunately I think I'm in the minority opinion on that one   

Believe it or not, I'll need you to narrow this down and explain who you're describing. I can think of a few examples including Kobe and the Lakers, Roethlisberger ?, and Kane/Blackhawks.

LittleFokker

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:41 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 32):
A Little Thunder on Spurs season opening 

OKC Thunder 112 - SA Spurs 106

Only 1 out of 82. I have no reason to doubt Pop and company will put up another 50+ win season and a solid championship run. Classy organization top to bottom, and even when they don't win, there's nothing to be embarrassed about.

seb146

Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:08 am

Quoting LittleFokker (Reply 37):
Only 1 out of 82. I have no reason to doubt Pop and company will put up another 50+ win season and a solid championship run. Classy organization top to bottom, and even when they don't win, there's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I know. The Spurs have always been good. Just because they lose one game does not mean they can not make the post season. Besides, it is early in the season. Who knows what injuries or trades or arrests will happen over the next few months....

duke

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:40 pm

Toronto Maple Leafs. When was the last time they were even close to winning the Stanley Cup?

'Nuff said.

MrHMSH

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:47 pm

Seems to be a lot of American football posts here  

I'll go against the trend and say that while my team has never really embarassed me (Southampton FC), one time they played Sunderland and Sunderland were abysmal. So utterly bad I can scarcely believe it. They lost 8-0. Eight. Nil. That on top of having the 2nd longest journey in the Premier League. I was embarassed on their behalf.

BMI727

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:55 pm

Quoting elbandgeek (Reply 35):

You're also wrong, but it's not really your fault. It's a much bigger problem than just you.

The lack of nuance and need for people to go from zero to total outrage instantly in an effort to prove how good they is a huge detrimental change in the culture.

First, I may be the only one, but I think it's possible to not be part of a lynch mob without endorsing rape.

Second, liking how someone plays sports, sings songs, etc. is not an endorsement of their lifestyle or opinions. Nothing about the Blackhawks winning is tainted. There is nothing hypocritical or contradictory about enjoying watching Patrick Kane play hockey and also knowing that there's no way in hell I'd want him anywhere near my sister.

And I'd say the same about any of the gangbangers, thieves, wife beaters, drunk drivers, etc. in any of the sports leagues. I'm not endorsing the lifestyle or approving of them as a person, I just like the way they play a game.

The line needs to be drawn at teams stepping in to get players off the hook and avoid consequences. Teams putting in calls to prosecutors to make things go away or keep things covered up is entirely inappropriate but simply employing bad guys isn't wrong. That's what turned Penn State into a travesty.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

Jetsgo

Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Quoting bohica (Reply 34):

Well said. We went to preseason Game 1 last year against the Broncos (first ever game at Levi) and experienced it all first hand. We won't be back. Such a shame.  

As for today's latest news, I believe this meme sums it up well:

PSA53

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:12 pm

What is with SoCal teams and October.Every year,every team that plays from here seem to choke in October Pros or college level. It's just amazing!   I'm glad I don't bet on sports.But Wow! What an embarrassment and frustration to see this.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

seb146

Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:08 am

Quoting Jetsgo (Reply 42):
As for today's latest news, I believe this meme sums it up well:

Oh, for the love of....

For football, I don't get outraged until week 10 or 11. It is week like six.

Jetsgo

Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:52 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 44):
For football, I don't get outraged until week 10 or 11. It is week like six.

I doubt Jarryd Hayne's dismissal will have an effect either way on the 49ers overall performance this season. The point I was making is that it unfortunately falls right in line with the crumbling of the organization. Hayne was hardly given a chance and it's not like the 49ers are in a position to be "picky" so to say.

seb146

Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:21 am

Quoting Jetsgo (Reply 45):
I doubt Jarryd Hayne's dismissal will have an effect either way on the 49ers overall performance this season.

That's another thing:

Teams fire the head coach when the team is not winning. Sometimes it helps, but if the QB and WR are not communicating or the hockey team are not communitcating, how is that the coach's fault?l

Lovie Smith needs to go but, not the point....

Adipasquale

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:45 am

Rooting for the Bills, it happens on a weekly basis during the football season for me. Then again, I've gotten used to it, so I wouldn't say it's as embarrassing as it is something to simply laugh about at this point. The Sabres have had their share of general ineptitude, but not to the magnitude of the Bills. In baseball, I'm an A's fan, and thankfully, while they haven't won it all in my lifetime, they have generally been decent and not been a source of embarrassment.
DH8A DH8B CR1 CR2 CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E75 E90 D93 M88 318 319 320 321 333 343 712 732 733 734 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77L 77W

BHMNONREV

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Quoting duke (Reply 39):
Toronto Maple Leafs. When was the last time they were even close to winning the Stanley Cup?'Nuff said.

I hear ya brutha.

Signed,
A St. Louis Blues fan...  

Okie

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Quoting Jetsgo (Reply 42):

Anheuser Bush is marketing Bud Light in beer cans with each of the 28 NFL teams logo.
Rumor has it that the SFO 49ers cans are tasting a little flat. 

Okie