Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TheRedBaron

RE: Did Is Weaken A380NEO Project?

Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Well to bring it back to thread, If the ME3 get into trouble (whatever that is), and begin bleeding money, the attitude that the USA and basically the G8 has had is : Ill Stratch your back and you will stratch mine, but if there is a huge cancelation, not only the aviation industry will suffer, but tourism, cargo and others.

I bet its the interest on bombing and getting rid of ISIL is exactly avoiding them to get into a more disruptive scenarios.

I bet that if the devil owned Siria, he would rent it and live in Hell. Its a tragedy and we as human race should know that fighting for peace is futile.

TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

DTWPurserBoy

Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:47 pm

As one who has distributed US Customs forms on flights for 40 years here is a statistic that should scare you. All of the bad guys had French or Belgian passports. All member nations of the European Economic Community participate in the "Visa Waiver" program by US Customs. Last year alone over 20,000,000 people entered the US with EU passports.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

JetBuddy

Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:56 pm

Quoting CARST (Reply 48):
As you like stating facts, could you perhaps tell us the religion which the majority of this years victims of ISIS and al-Qaeda believe in?

Since muslims kill muslims, they can't be muslims? I don't get your argument.

Quoting TheRedBaron (Reply 43):
I don't know if there are many, but death from fanatics is a daily occurrence in the Middle east, since when? a thousand years ago?

I think you missed my irony. We agree according to your post.

Quoting DTWPurserBoy (Reply 51):
ll of the bad guys had French or Belgian passports.

I believe one had a Swedish passport, which was fake. Another one was a "refugee". But your point is still valid. If it's scary for Americans that these terrorists had European passports, then imagine how it is for us. They're already here. Walking across borders with zero control. Absolutely zero.

Flighty

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Quoting CARST (Reply 48):

So do we want to discuss ISIS detonating a WMD in Manhattan, too? Thus "depopulating" NYC? Oh and rendering JFK, EWR and LGA unusable of course...

That would be annoying for us but the point is yes, the A380 program depends on 1 city, DXB.

And terrorists and ISIS have been shown to threaten individual Mideast cities. I think that is really what this thread is about. But, sorry if my post was offensive. I certainly have no problem with DXB and wish them well.

billreid
Topic Author

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:06 am

I have to say I was wrong. My comment on many not caring was blatantly wrong, simply too early and impatient. Sorry for being an ass!
There are indeed lot of people who see the risks to the industry.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 5):
If the unthinkable happened... an A380 incident at DXB... you can bet the market is dead.

I would suggest bringing down a 150 seat aircraft would have the same impact as a 600 seat aircraft. It would highlight instability.

Quoting tortugamon (Reply 21):
Its kind of naive to think the aviation world is going to completely turn on its head and the ME3 are going to practically go out of business from another event. Terrorists hijacked 4 planes on 9/11 and did what they did in the biggest aviation market in the World, are you envisioning something worse than that? Commercial aviation survived. Hurt certainly. They will adapt.

They will. But if there is a downturn in the Middle East can the airlines afford either B779 or the A380NEO. After 9/11 many orders were suspended, delayed or cancelled. Many US carriers did not survive and were eventually swallowed. The only difference in the A380NEO with a single downturn does the whole program become a dead issue. But the short term question becomes how much financial risk exists for AB if they cannon risk mitigate with sales from elsewhere in the world?

Quoting waly777 (Reply 23):
And yet...14 years after 9/11 US carriers are the most profitable in the world. An attack isn't suddenly going to turn everything upside down.

The difference is people have a hubbing choice with the vast majority of passengers not going O&D but hubbing through DXB. A change in Hub would directly result in a change of airline. If DXB is envisioned at some point as being a target millions of foreigners could choose to route through other hubs.

Quoting lhrnue (Reply 25):
Most ridiculous thread on A.Net ever.

Most ridiculous response!! If AB and BA aren't considering regional risks with their orders then they haven't been to Univ to learn how to build risk into the business. If they didn't then they put the whole business in jeopardy by not doing so. Anyone who attends any formal business education understands this. Anybody who says "not important" makes $8/hr as an expert on nothing!
Given the world situation AB may have just been sewayed not to sink a billion Euros into development cost based on risk just having greatly grown with a single buyer. In fact Clark, Emirates CEO will also know this and it may put pressure on Emirates to finance the project in advance.

Quoting rbavfan (Reply 29):
Because they are a German Company, not a French one could be one reason. The other is right now they need to go where the money is.

Dumb Dumb Dumb!
Coke is a Canadian Company Based in Atlanta, Georgia which is an outskirts of Toronto.
Boeing Is also Canadian Based in Chicago, Canada.
And
Airbus is German with HDQ in Toulouse France. Obviously I didn't get the memo Germany did win WWII, they actually rule France and all French Citizens are fluent in German!

Quoting JayJ (Reply 32):

Interesting post, I have often wondered this too.

Thank you. You aren't the only one.
Some people don't get it. Business is about making MONEY!

lightsaber

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:50 am

This thread has become uncivil. It is being archived. Any further posts will be deleted for housekeeping purposes.
Winter is coming.