Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Planned Parenthood Clinic Shot Up, 3+ Dead In COS

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:52 am

....and the USA is carrying on about Islamic terrorists.  

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/27/us...colorado-shooting-probe/index.html

One officer and two civilians among the dead. Gunman turned himself in, taken alive.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Airstud

RE: Planned Parenthood Clinic Shot Up, 3+ Dead In COS

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:50 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Thread starter):
and the USA is carrying on about Islamic terrorists.

Nice to see you greeting opposition to those who murdered 123 in Paris - and 3,000 in New York - with an eye roll.
Pancakes are delicious.

einsteinboricua

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:55 am

Quoting Airstud (Reply 1):
Nice to see you greeting opposition to those who murdered 123 in Paris - and 3,000 in New York - with an eye roll.

Never mind the many more that have died in events like these? But then again, these were all lone wolf, mentally ill people. the others were not.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:07 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Thread starter):
the USA is carrying on about Islamic terrorists.

Yes. Syrian refugees are the problem.

Does anyone else find it interesting this happened at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs? Home of Focus On The Family? And it was a white man responsible? Who was taken alive? And people still think Black Lives Matter is wrong....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Airstud

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:21 am

Who the hell thinks Black Lives Matter is "wrong???"
Pancakes are delicious.

A332DTW

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:29 am

Actually, that's what you're doing by distorting what he said. What his statement means is that, believe it or not, the greatest threat to Americans' safety is not Syrian refugees or Muslims at the moment. But by all means, continue drinking the kool-aid.

aerorobnz

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:29 am

Religion poisons everything.... As with any mental illness when left unmedicated it can go very wrong..
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Mir

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:46 am

Well, Donald Trump might be making up the thousands of people celebrating 9/11, but here are people celebrating this idiot shooting up a Planned Parenthood office:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geer...ce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Disgusting, really.

Quoting Airstud (Reply 4):

Lots of people.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

fr8mech

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:54 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 3):
Who was taken alive?

Because he surrendered. After he shot a cop and two civilians.

And it was a white man responsible?

As, tends to be the case with most mass-shooters, though this one will not qualify as one based on the unofficial, common FBI definition. Maybe it will...I can't recall if the definition includes wounded.

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 6):
Religion poisons everything.... As with any mental illness when left unmedicated it can go very wrong..

So, religious people have a mental illness? And, how do you know this was a religiously motivated attack? I oppose abortion and my opposition has nothing to do with my religiosity...or lack thereof. How do you even know that Planned Parenthood, as an establishment, was the target and not someone inside the clinic?

I do. Because it presumes that one race is more important..or matters more than any other. And, that is wrong.

And people still think Black Lives Matter is wrong....

Why do you insist on injecting race into every debate?

[Edited 2015-11-27 20:56:37]

[Edited 2015-11-27 20:59:02]

[Edited 2015-11-27 21:24:49]
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

Mir

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:44 am

Quoting Fr8mech (Reply 8):

I do. Because it presumes that one race is more important..or matters more than any other. And, that is wrong.

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of the movement. Your position is equivalent to someone objecting to designating October as "breast cancer awareness month" because they lost a family member to prostate cancer and think that should get recognition too.

Black Lives Matter is not about the perception that blacks are more important, it's about the perception that currently blacks matter less, and it's an attempt to correct that. If you think that none are more important than any other, then you would think the same as many of their supporters.

-Mir

fr8mech

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:51 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of the movement.

So, when Bernie was boo'ed for saying "all lives matter", he was misunderstanding the movement also?

Sorry, 'Black Lives Matter' is veiled racism.

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):
Your position is equivalent to someone objecting to designating October as "breast cancer awareness month" because they lost a family member to prostate cancer and think that should get recognition too.

And, like "breast cancer awareness month" or any other such, stupid thing, Black Lives Matter does nothing to address the the myriad of issues that result in blacks being killed in our streets.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray

seb146

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 am

Have you seen all the White people on Fox screaming about "All Lives Matter!!!"?

MaverickM11

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:55 am

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 2):
But then again, these were all lone wolf, mentally ill people. the others were not.

We sure seem to have a lot of lone wolves--hundreds of lone wolves in the space of a couple years. And very few of them are mentally ill.

Seeing as politicians give an eye roll for things that kill 100-1000x as many people, it's totally reversed priorities

[Edited 2015-11-27 21:59:32]
I don't take responsibility at all

fr8mech

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:02 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 11):
Have you seen all the White people on Fox screaming about "All Lives Matter!!!"?

They don't?

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 12):
We sure seem to have a lot of lone wolves--hundreds of lone wolves in the space of a couple years.

Not sure what you're getting at.

[Edited 2015-11-27 22:02:33]

Mir

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:57 am

Quoting Fr8mech (Reply 10):
So, when Bernie was boo'ed for saying "all lives matter", he was misunderstanding the movement also?

Perhaps. I don't really know much about that incident other than that it happened. But when people say "all lives matter", while they may be meaning 'everyone should be equal', it comes across as 'everyone is equal now and we don't need to change anything'. And that's objectionable to the black community who can bring up lots of evidence to the contrary in the way they're treated by society, the government, and in particular law enforcement. And that's why he heard from the black community on it.

It's actually a pushback against veiled racism.

-Mir

scbriml

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:23 am

So, religious people have a mental illness?

It does explain an awful lot.   

Quoting Mir (Reply 9):
Black Lives Matter is not about the perception that blacks are more important

It's actually about the exact opposite.

The thinly veiled racism is the repeated killing of blacks by white police.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Redd

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 am

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 6):

Agreed, all you have to do is read the comments in the link below from the religious folk about this shooting. Shocking that people like that exist.

Quoting Mir (Reply 7):
http://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geer...ce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

A320ajm

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:38 am

If terrorism is the use of violence to promote a political or religious view, then surely this is a terrorist attack?

Such a horrible event. Thoughts with everyone involved.

A320ajm
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

DocLightning

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Nice to see you greeting opposition to the 280,000-300,000 Americans killed in the last ten years by guns.(1) In the last ten years, 71 Americans have been killed on US soil by Islamic extremists. Even if we add the 3,000 who died on 9/11, it doesn't hold a candle to our problem with letting any wackjob, religious or mental, buy a firearm.

Fact is that Islamic terrorism scares conservatives because of its unified "bogey man" motivator. Deaths by Christians are met with apathy and deaths by mentally ill people permitted unfettered access to guns is acceptable collateral damage in the name of the Almighty 2nd Amendment.

Quoting a320ajm (Reply 17):
If terrorism is the use of violence to promote a political or religious view, then surely this is a terrorist attack?

No. White people can't be terrorists. Donald Trump told me so.  

(1)http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/oct/05/viral-image/fact-checking-comparison-gun-deaths-and-terrorism-/

I can only hope that this act of violence against PP will wind up bolstering support for PP.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Airstud

Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Quoting A332DTW (Reply 5):
Actually, that's what you're doing by distorting what he said. What his statement means is that, believe it or not, the greatest threat to Americans' safety is not Syrian refugees or Muslims at the moment. But by all means, continue drinking the kool-aid.

He wasn't rolling his eyes at opposition to "Syrian refugees or Muslims." He said "Islamic terrorists."
Pancakes are delicious.

MaverickM11

Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Quoting Fr8mech (Reply 13):
Not sure what you're getting at.

We've had 300 "lone wolves" in 2015 alone

Quoting Redd (Reply 16):
Agreed, all you have to do is read the comments in the link below from the religious folk about this shooting. Shocking that people like that exist.

Religion of peace®
I don't take responsibility at all

fr8mech

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 14):
It's actually a pushback against veiled racism.

No, it's veiled racism pushing back against veiled racism, much like affirmative action is institutionalized, overt racism pushing back against racism. Both are wrong.

Quoting a320ajm (Reply 17):

Absolutely correct, assuming his target was the Planned Parenthood. I have seen no such assertion by him.

Aesma

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:24 pm

I must say that in a country where individualism is a very strong mantra, where a large part of the population claims to want "small government", I don't understand how these people care so much about abortion clinics. And are ready to end lives to make a point. It's not logical at all.

I guess the comments about "black lives matter" say it all, you can read the racism in them, while they claim to applaud the saving of black babies...

BTW all the comments praising the attack on Twitter and the like could lead to criminal charges if it happened in France.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

MD11Engineer

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:07 pm

And I got flamed by an American A.netter for comparing some American Evangelists with the Wahabi extremists, like IS.  

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

seb146

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Why do you insist on injecting race into every debate?

Because it is important to keep in mind when there are mass shootings.

Cops go out and kill unarmed Blacks and there is outrage that Blacks want to not be killed. Middle aged White men gun down a health clinic or a church or a movie theater and are taken alive and the media says he has mental illness, move along, nothing to see here.

Not to mention all the same sick people who are praising this guy come from the same group that says things like "well, that n***** should have complied with officers" while seeing body cam footage of the Black person complying.

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 23):
And I got flamed by an American A.netter for comparing some American Evangelists with the Wahabi extremists, like IS.

And you would be correct. Living on the extreme edge of an urban center and having grown up in right wing evangelical Oregon, I can tell you I feel much safer in downtown Oakland than in rural Oregon.

PSA53

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:16 pm

I do! WHEN will Black Lives Matter really matter with black lives in places like Chicago where same race crime is out of control will launch the outrage! Otherwise,IMHO,it just a typical PC political power play because all lives matter!

Quoting Mir (Reply 7):
Well, Donald Trump might be making up the thousands of people celebrating 9/11, but here are people celebrating this idiot shooting up a Planned Parenthood office:

This a very tragic event.But it also very clear that some liberal media machine print is clearly tragic propaganda bull.Pro-life is pro-life at any stage of life! And I condemn this horrible tragic event.Just because our politics are different gives NO one permission to kill.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

DocLightning

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 24):
Cops go out and kill unarmed Blacks and there is outrage that Blacks want to not be killed. Middle aged White men gun down a health clinic or a church or a movie theater and are taken alive and the media says he has mental illness, move along, nothing to see here.

Actually, the media is saying (and I quote directly from CNN) "Why did he do it?"

If his name had been Adib Al-Sakraan, and he had attacked a strip club, there would be no such questions.

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 25):
Pro-life is pro-life at any stage of life!

No it is not. Pro-life in the USA is putting the life of the fetus above all other life. And this has been pointed out over and over and over again.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrel...ned-parenthood-shooting#.rjpBrp3My

"Pro-Life" in the USA means anti-abortion. But once the baby is born the mom is called a moocher and a deadbeat if she wants to feed, educate, or vaccinate (and otherwise provide medical care for) the child.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Mir

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 pm

Quoting Fr8mech (Reply 21):
No, it's veiled racism pushing back against veiled racism, much like affirmative action is institutionalized, overt racism pushing back against racism. Both are wrong.

Not sure how wanting equal treatment can be considered racism. They're not even asking for preferential treatment as would be the case with affirmative action.

Blacks are more likely than whites to be imprisoned for the same crime. The school-to-prison pipeline affects black children more than it affects white children. You've got states trying to curtail early voting in predominantly black areas but not in white areas. You've got regular abuse of authority on the the part of police officers against blacks that you don't see against whites. And yet it's racist to stand up and say "that's wrong, we're getting the short end of the stick here"? I just can't accept that.

This a very tragic event.But it also very clear that some liberal media machine print is clearly tragic propaganda bull.

Are you suggesting that the article was a complete fabrication? That those comments are all made up and never existed?

-Mir

ual777

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 27):

Not sure how wanting equal treatment can be considered racism. They're not even asking for preferential treatment as would be the case with affirmative action.

Blacks are more likely than whites to be imprisoned for the same crime. The school-to-prison pipeline affects black children more than it affects white children. You've got states trying to curtail early voting in predominantly black areas but not in white areas. You've got regular abuse of authority on the the part of police officers against blacks that you don't see against whites. And yet it's racist to stand up and say "that's wrong, we're getting the short end of the stick here"? I just can't accept that.

The problem with BLM is that it has morphed into a racist organization. There are multiple accounts of these people saying they don't talk to white press, threaten to murder white police officers and their families during protests, and so on and so forth.

That doesn't even include incidents like the Dartmouth library video where they were spewing absolutely vile hate speech at other students in the library, and then talk about safe spaces. We can also talk about them flat out making up racist allegations at Mizzou, etc.

They have morphed into an almost brown shirts like organization on college campuses and they have lost any sympathy I once had for them.
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

PSA53

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 27):
This a very tragic event.But it also very clear that some liberal media machine print is clearly tragic propaganda bull.

Are you suggesting that the article was a complete fabrication? That those comments are all made up and never existed?

Not necessarily.Articles from Yahoo and Think Progress and I'm sure other publications are having a field day by connecting this tragedy to the GOP. And no doubt,the "truth" might be stretched to fit the liberal spin on it.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 26):
Pro-life is pro-life at any stage of life!

I stand corrected.But you know my meaning and intentions.

If his name had been Adib Al-Sakraan, and he had attacked a strip club, there would be no such questions.

Well,read the first statement as the GOP party wants to be blame from the media.

[Edited 2015-11-28 14:46:41]
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

Mir

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Quoting ual777 (Reply 28):
The problem with BLM is that it has morphed into a racist organization. There are multiple accounts of these people saying they don't talk to white press, threaten to murder white police officers and their families during protests, and so on and so forth.

They haven't put themselves in the best light, true. I don't think that necessarily invalidates their motives.

They have morphed into an almost brown shirts like organization on college campuses and they have lost any sympathy I once had for them.

The Nazi reference is a bit much, but in general as long as you can look at the Tea Party in the same way, that's fair criticism.

-Mir

seb146

Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:23 am

We can also talk about them flat out making up racist allegations at Mizzou, etc.

What? That racist attacks where Blacks were the victims were not punished? Like that?

I do agree that there are those who claim to speak for BLM and take it way too far, with the racism and self-segrigation. But, at the heart of it, BLM should be taken seriously and we, as a nation, should have an honest conversation on how to stop treating Blacks (all minorities, really) as second class citizens.

But it also very clear that some liberal media machine print is clearly tragic propaganda bull.

So is Fox. Hence, we have this PP shooting and calls for Obama's impeachment and the word "liberal" used in a derogatory way.

ual777

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:20 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 31):
hat? That racist attacks where Blacks were the victims were not punished? Like that?

I do agree that there are those who claim to speak for BLM and take it way too far, with the racism and self-segrigation. But, at the heart of it, BLM should be taken seriously and we, as a nation, should have an honest conversation on how to stop treating Blacks (all minorities, really) as second class citizens.

I'm referring to this:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

There's also the "deplorable hate crime" at Vandy that turned out to be a blind girl who couldn't find a trash can for her guide dog's refuse.

http://m.nashvillescene.com/pitw/arc...op-causes-big-stir-on-vandy-campus

The part I find frustrating is all of this started because of a swasrika drawn with feces. What's the message? Nazis are sh***y?

Then there was the Mizzou student who was on a hunger strike against "white privilage" and his father raked in over $8 million dollars last year....this after he claimed the university's president "bumped him" with his car.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/1048/m...tually-filthy-amanda-prestigiacomo

Or the dean of journalism who wrote a long-winded piece about "walking while black" until dash cam footage was released.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/la...was-caught-walking-while-black.ece

The list goes on and on and is quite frankly a joke.

The biggest problem I have with it is it becomes a self perpetuating pity party and gets to the point that if a white person looks at a person who is a minority it's a "micro aggression."

Are there issues that need to be solved in regards to racism and police accountability? Yes, but this whole thing is becoming insane and will do more harm than good.

seb146

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:23 am

Quoting ual777 (Reply 32):
Then there was the Mizzou student who was on a hunger strike against "white privilage" and his father raked in over $8 million dollars last year....this after he claimed the university's president "bumped him" with his car.

What does white privilege have to do with income? Also, what is the entire story of being bumped into by the university president? What about racist graffiti and racist flyers being hung around campus? What about threats of arson at the Black Culture Center?

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/11/97...ty-missouri-protests#.pillz2k:VPHh

Why do they not have a point? Why should they just shut up and take it?

all of this started because of a swasrika drawn with feces

And why not get pissed at that?

The list goes on and on and is quite frankly a joke.

So, it is a joke to demand equality? It is a joke to say "enough is enough" and demand that the racism stop and be investigated? This isn't 1938. Equality for all, not just Whites.

seb146

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:26 am

If every single Christian does not condemn this terrorist attack, that means all Christians support this terrorist attack.

ual777

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:28 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 33):
What does white privilege have to do with income? Also, what is the entire story of being bumped into by the university president? What about racist graffiti and racist flyers being hung around campus? What about threats of arson at the Black Culture Center?

You don't find it slightly hypocritical to protest privilage when one's family made more than 99.9% of all whites last year?

why not get pissed at that?

Because college aged kids are idiots. It's one thing to get pissed it's another to start a a witch hunt over perceived injustice and call for the murder of white police officers and their families.

So, it is a joke to demand equality? It is a joke to say "enough is enough" and demand that the racism stop and be investigated? This isn't 1938. Equality for all, not just Whites.

You're right it isn't 1938 and what further equality is there to be had? I'm really curious as to what you think the answer is. This country is light years ahead of where it once was in terms of equality. What's a joke is scream racism the moment something doesn't go your way or you are questioned by a police officer because you are jogging in the middle of the street oblivious to traffic.

Again there is work to be done, but the methods, messages, and tactics of BLM will turn off far more people than they will help draw to their cause.

seb146

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:21 am

Quoting ual777 (Reply 35):
Because college aged kids are idiots

So you hate the free exchange of ideas and opinions. Just like so many right wingers are told to do.

You don't find it slightly hypocritical to protest privilage when one's family made more than 99.9% of all whites last year?

There is a huge difference between this wealthy Black family and, say, the Waltons or the Kochs or Trump. At least this family remembers it's poor roots. Unlike the Waltons or Kochs or Trump.

It's one thing to get pissed it's another to start a a witch hunt over perceived injustice and call for the murder of white police officers and their families.

Yes, there are idiots. Just like there are idiots who call themselves Muslim or idiots who call themselves NRA backers. Just because a few say something stupid does not mean they all stand for it.

what further equality is there to be had?

Voting rights. Medical care. Food. Housing. Pay.

Again there is work to be done, but the methods, messages, and tactics of BLM will turn off far more people than they will help draw to their cause.

And, yet, sitting quietly by and waiting has not worked. These are people who are angry because they are sick of being told they are welfare queens. They are sick of being told they can not vote. They are sick of being told what they can and can not do. There is a faction that is going about it the wrong way. No question. Just like NRA nuts or anti choice nuts. But, the faction who demands violence against police are a minority. Understand that. If you still don't get it, ask yourself how many Christians have denounced the abortion clinic murders over the years. That means every Christian supports abortion murders, right? Same logic.

ltbewr

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Once again, someone with a military class weapon decides their opinion is more important than everyone else and does an act of terrorism, killing 1 police officer and others, seriously injuring several other police officers and local people.

Once again, as with too many of these terrorism acts, we will hear the calls for more gun control, better mental health care and victims calling out for 'justice' and very little changing.

Once again we will have a media frenzy giving attention to the actions and person who did this act of terror, encouraging more such acts.

This case will have its own twists. It involves issues of legal abortions vs. religious opinions. An organization, Planned Parenthood, that has a controversial history and more recently, accusations in disputed videos of some of their clinics selling body parts from aborted fetuses for money to fund more abortions. Some Black persons will say why didn't the cops kill this terrorist who killed and injured police officers and others in cold blood while bashing that some police kill unarmed Black persons in cold blood. The Colorado Springs area is a strongly religious, yet pro-military and nearly all white one that some will say encourage such acts. Liberals will try to tie this alleged persons acts to anti-abortion, religious and NRA pro-gun extremists while Republican party leaders will blame liberals for allowing legal abortions.

Like many in the USA, I am tired of all this terrorism by guns and bombs, of someone doing such selfish acts, destroying many lives in death, injury including PTSD as to too many survivors, taking up our news time and the political debates. I don't have an answer, but we must find them or we will face a bleak future.

bjorn14

Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 34):

This was not an attack on Planned Parenthood. This was a botched bank robbery at the Chase Bank next door. He shot the cop in the bank parking lot and then ran into the the PP clinic to hide from other cops showing up. He shot more cops when they tried to get him out of the building.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

DLFREEBIRD

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 38):
This was not an attack on Planned Parenthood. This was a botched bank robbery at the Chase Bank next door. He shot the cop in the bank parking lot and then ran into the the PP clinic to hide from other cops showing up. He shot more cops when they tried to get him out of the building.

It was NOT a blotched bank robbery. That's a fake story making the rounds.

This was a act of terrorism, The suspect according to NPR was profiled as a "lone Wolf" someone who you had to watch out for. He was talking about baby parts after being apprehended. He also went into a rant about Obama.

seb146

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:39 pm

This was not an attack on Planned Parenthood. This was a botched bank robbery at the Chase Bank next door.

Why, then, was he talking about baby parts? Facts, man. Facts.

jpetekyxmd80

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:47 pm

This was a botched bank robbery at the Chase Bank next door.

Why are you such a liar?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

bjorn14

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 41):

CSPD cannot confirm the comment about "baby parts" comment

Before you call me a liar you might want to check out the police scanner traffic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiwu0Q46Zhl
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

seb146

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 42):
CSPD cannot confirm the comment about "baby parts" comment
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/28/us/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting/
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...alleged-planned-parenthood-shooter
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/s...anned-parenthood-shooting-35465028

From the NPR article:

Multiple news outlets, including The New York Times, NBC News, The Wall Street Journal and CNN, are citing unnamed law enforcement officials saying Dear gave a rambling interview to investigators after the shootings in which he mentioned "baby parts."

But, no... it was a botched bank robbery....

ual777

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:40 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 36):
So you hate the free exchange of ideas and opinions. Just like so many right wingers are told to do.

LOL where anywhere in my post do I say that? It's the opposite really. I'd also like to note it's not the right wingers shouting down anyone who disagrees with them and screaming "racist!"

Medical care, food, housing, and pay are all directly linked to one's job, and I'm curious how voting rights aren't equal. Frankly, the whole situation is a two way street and true equality in the above mentioned measures of success will never be achieved when certain actions are seen as "too white" within sections of the black community. There are a number of factors that play into this (Hollywood for example or the wholesale destruction of the nuclear family). It's a deep rooted problem that.cant be fixed by throwing money at it. There needs to be a mentality shift. Instead of talking about cultural appropriation we need to realize that all subcultures contribute to our national identity.

Im also curious on your thoughts in regards to the video from the dean of journalism who at best misrepresented the police stop and at worst flat out lied.

seb146

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:19 am

Quoting ual777 (Reply 44):
I'm curious how voting rights aren't equal.

Gerrymandering. Rich White men deciding to put new laws in place with regard to voting under the guise of "too much voter fraud" where none exists. Purging voter rolls without telling anyone. Telling senior citizens of color and veterans of color that their name is similar to a convicted felon and they need to register again. On election day.

I have lived in two states where we have mail in ballots. I get a card, every six months, telling me how things are going. In evil, "liberal" California, we get to vote, no matter our skin color.

where anywhere in my post do I say that?

Here:

Because college aged kids are idiots.

I remember living in right wing land where we had limited information. They still do. This was the same thing I was told. Education is "elitists" and "liberal" and it should stop because it is "liberal" indoctrination.

Since when did learning become "liberal" and bad?

true equality in the above mentioned measures of success will never be achieved when certain actions are seen as "too white" within sections of the black community.

What does this even mean? That Whites are blameless because Blacks look to skin color? The very thing they want to NOT be judged on?

Im also curious on your thoughts in regards to the video from the dean of journalism who at best misrepresented the police stop and at worst flat out lied.

So, I am supposed to comment on the opinion of someone who saw the video? I may think their opinion is wrong. I don't know what video you are talking about. You may be talking about two different threads here. I don't know.

My main point is: people who go to clinics for things like mamographies and cervical exams and STI testing should not have to wear body armor for fear being murdered by a Christian terrorist.

Pyrex

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:42 pm

It is the first time I see someone get so riled up about deaths at a Planned Parenthood.

Quoting Aesma (Reply 22):
I must say that in a country where individualism is a very strong mantra, where a large part of the population claims to want "small government", I don't understand how these people care so much about abortion clinics.

Being in favor of individual freedom does not mean being in favor of killing other people to atone for your lack of judgement - quite the opposite, in fact. As with everything, someone's freedom ends where someone else's begins.

Since when is Buzzfeed a source for attribution? What was the article, "19 reasons why the Colorado Planned Parenthood shooter was politically motivated"?

Quoting Mir (Reply 27):

Blacks are more likely than whites to be imprisoned for the same crime.

With the same criminal precedents?

The first one is a constitutional right, where equality is guaranteed. None of the others is (pay is for the same job, of course, but not overall).
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

seb146

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 46):
The first one is a constitutional right, where equality is guaranteed.

Why, then, do Blacks have such a hard time voting? We see it time and again with long, long lines in predominantly Black neighborhoods and voter roll purges and "You have almost the same name as a felon, so you can not vote until you clear your name" and shortening or stopping early voting.

As far as the others, recall there is always a huge rant over all the "welfare queens" who drive Escalades to get their welfare checks.

Osubuckeyes

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 47):
Why, then, do Blacks have such a hard time voting? We see it time and again with long, long lines in predominantly Black neighborhoods and voter roll purges and "You have almost the same name as a felon, so you can not vote until you clear your name" and shortening or stopping early voting.

If you're making a claim that Blacks are being denied the right to vote you should probably back it up with a source. Long lines != denying the right to vote. Long lines are also common in many urban areas including mine. I'm not sure I buy some your other claims especially with no reference what so ever.

910A

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Colorado Springs must attract the nut cases; at the end of October there was another mass shooting that left four dead,
2007 a teen gunman unloaded an AR-15 into a automobile killing two, the same year a gunman shot up two different churches killing two in each, so this is now #4 inside a decade not counting domestic violence shootings which more than one family membered was killed.