Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

A320ajm
Topic Author

San Bernardino, California Mass Shooting

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Sky News reporting a mass shooting in San Bernardino, CA. Reports of up to 20 victims. Sounds bad  

A320ajm

http://news.sky.com/story/1598721/mu...ictims-in-california-mass-shooting

TheCommodore

RE: San Bernardino, California Mass Shooting

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Another shooting....   

Im surprised they even bother to report them anymore.

Americans apparently never learn anything from these occurrences as we see time and time again.

bgm

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:18 pm

*yawn*

Another week, another shooting in the US. Nothing to see people, move along.

You have these weekly shootings by Americans, killing fellow Americans, yet it's the evil Muslamic refugees that people go apeshit about?   

A320ajm
Topic Author

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 1):
Americans apparently never learn anything from these occurrences as we see time and time again.
Quoting bgm (Reply 2):

*yawn*

Another week, another shooting in the US. Nothing to see people, move along.

You have these weekly shootings by Americans, killing fellow Americans, yet it's the evil Muslamic refugees that people go apeshit about?   

It's far too early to know all the facts yet, so perhaps it's wise to reserve judgement for the time being. What if this isn't American on American, but a ISIS Paris style attack? (as an example).

A320ajm

Dreadnought

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 pm

What lessons exactly?

Shootings are selectively reported. Stories that do not fit the agenda are not widely reported. Example: this shooting 10 days ago in New Orleans, when gunmen opened fire at a park with some 300 people in it and injured 17 people, mostly children.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...544-123/nopd-several-shot-in-upper

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ncart_2box_nola_river_orleans_news

You see, Allen is a black thug with a criminal record a mile long, so his violent acts don’t fit into the current narrative that white conservative Christians are the largest threat to our nation. Plus, being a convicted felon, he shouldn’t have even had a gun to begin with. The law forbidding him from owning one didn’t work, and he was also a part of the catch and release program for violent thugs.

Heavily reporting this story would mean having to admit that more gun control wouldn’t be effective, and it would also mean having to bring attention to the problem with systemic violence in the black community. Plus, reporting it would highlight the dangers of letting violent criminals back on the streets after shortening their prison terms, none of which the liberal media would willingly do, especially when there’s a juicy story about a white man a couple of states over.

Back to the question I asked you, TheCommodore - what is it that you propose? An overly simplistic thing like "ban all guns"? That will work just as well as "Ban all drugs".

Acheron

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Quoting a320ajm (Reply 3):
It's far too early to know all the facts yet, so perhaps it's wise to reserve judgement for the time being. What if this isn't American on American, but a ISIS Paris style attack? (as an example).

Apparently, there is a Planned Parenthood clinic nearby, so...who knows...

TheCommodore

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 4):
Back to the question I asked you, TheCommodore - what is it that you propose? An overly simplistic thing like "ban all guns"? That will work just as well as "Ban all drugs".

Hey.... it works in other places.

But you don't what to know about that do you, as you have stated in many of these debates.threads

What if this isn't American on American, but a ISIS Paris style attack? (as an example).

Who needs to talk about terrorism when there are literally 1,000's of Americans walking around freely in the streets with high powered guns.

That is terrorism enough thanks.

bgm

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:35 pm

An overly simplistic thing like "ban all guns"?

Seems to work quite well in every other western country. Look at the gun crime statistics if you're bamboozled by this concept.

OA412

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Meanwhile, let's ban the Syrians because they're going to kill us all...  

In San Bernadino? Yeah right. If ISIS is going to carry out any sort of attack in the US, they're going to attack significant targets, not San Bernadino.

You see, Allen is a black thug
about a white man

Interesting...

An overly simplistic thing like "ban all guns"?

Oh lawd! As though there's no such thing as a middle ground. Your unfettered right to a damn gun is interfering with our right to life. The same crowd that demands respect re:unborn fetuses couldn't care less about the deaths of living people because: freedom.  

Dreadnought

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 6):
Hey.... it works in other places.
Quoting bgm (Reply 7):
Seems to work quite well in every other western country.

Name one that had anywhere close to the number of firearms per person, and who managed to ban them effectively.

It's relatively easy to pass a ban when people never really had them in the first place.

Quoting OA412 (Reply 8):
Oh lawd! As though there's no such thing as a middle ground. Your unfettered right to a damn gun is interfering with our right to life.

That's my point. What is your proposal, that is not something stupid (Ban all guns), and taking into account that current gun control laws aren't really working - just look at the gun crimes in cities like Chicago, or the fact that felons seem to get guns.

ArmitageShanks

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

*Checks to see if I know anyone involved*

Nope.

Do you guys want to watch a movie before or after getting food?

Ken777

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:00 pm

It is bad - reports of 3 fatalities from a MSNBC cameraman who was early on the scene.

He also mentioned that the fire department took a pickup truck to collect victims close to the building - they simply put them into the truck bed because of the urgency of the situation.

In other news, the FBI processed 2 background applications for gus every 2 seconds. Over 185,000 on Black Friday. If only 1% was a nut job who got a gun then we can potentially see 1,850 shootings, It only one tenth of 1% then it gets down to a "reasonable" (?) 185 shootings from one day's sale.

Oooops! I forgot the gun shows where no background checks are needed.

it's wise to reserve judgement for the time being.

Why reserve judgement when these shootings are basically a normal every day occurrence in America these days and it only gets worse every year. The odds that it is an ISIS attack is pretty slim to me as there isn't sufficient "terror" associated with this attack. ISIS would want some far more dramatic,

It's a pretty good bet that is just our traditional nut with a gun.

LAX772LR

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 9):
What is your proposal, that is not something stupid (Ban all guns)

Because "let almost any idiot have a gun"... which is essentially the current status quo, is so much less stupid, right?  

LAX772LR

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:03 pm

That said, it may just be more efficient to consolidate:

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ms/non_aviation/read.main/2661945/

After all, it's guaranteed to get a lot of use.  

Thunderboltdrgn

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:14 pm

According to CNN the local law enforcements said that the suspects might have been
armed with AK-47s and that they also found a suspicious
package which they would remove with a bomb robot.

Quoting CNN:

The three suspects are believed to be armed with AK-47-type weapons, a local law enforcement
official told CNN.

• Witnesses told police they saw three men with long guns, a law enforcement source told CNN.
The source said the suspects got into a black SUV and drove away.

The bomb squad found a suspicious package on the second floor of a building and determined it
is "not normal," the source said. They are going to handle it with a robot, the source added.

Doesn't really sound like the "normal" "shooter type" and if it was AK-47s then the gun laws are
not relevant since i assume that AK-47s are banned anyway?

[Edited 2015-12-02 13:15:14]

luckyone

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Apparently the facility where the shooting has occurred is a facility for developmentally disabled individuals. Which BEGS the question how much safer said individuals would have been had they had a firearm....

[Edited 2015-12-02 13:25:48]

MaverickM11

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 9):
Name one that had anywhere close to the number of firearms per person, and who managed to ban them effectively.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy--the NRA gives everyone a gun and then tells people "you need a gun to protect yourself from all these lunatics (that we've armed)!" They're the disease and the cure; they're the Paula Deen of gun deaths. It's pretty brilliant and the terrorists could never dream of killing as many people as the NRA does. But let's stop talking about these never ending gun deaths to talk about the non existent threat from refugees #freedom

Dreadnought

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 11):
In other news, the FBI processed 2 background applications for gus every 2 seconds. Over 185,000 on Black Friday. If only 1% was a nut job who got a gun then we can potentially see 1,850 shootings, It only one tenth of 1% then it gets down to a "reasonable" (?) 185 shootings from one day's sale.

Which goes to show that the vast majority of gun owners are responsible. Should we punish the 99.99% for the actions of the 0.01% (or less).

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 12):
Because "let almost any idiot have a gun"... which is essentially the current status quo, is so much less stupid, right?

I repeat - what's your proposal?

mbmbos

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 18):
Which goes to show that the vast majority of gun owners are responsible. Should we punish the 99.99% for the actions of the 0.01% (or less).
http://www.theonion.com/article/no-w...-says-only-nation-where-this-36131

MaverickM11

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Literally anything would be an improvement. If the Christians can rally Jeb bush to keep one vegetable alive I'm sure those same pro lifers (LOLOL) can think of something to save at least one life from guns

Boeing717200

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 pm

All you finger pointing blame jumpers wanna chill for a bit?

It's being reported 3 suspects with AK-47s in bullet proof vests and masks. Shot up the place and drove away. This isn't some random shooting. This place was targeted.

Quoting luckyone (Reply 16):
Apparently the facility where the shooting has occurred is a facility for developmentally disabled individuals. Which BEGS the question how much safer said individuals would have been had they had a firearm....

Its just a soft target. They supposedly also left a device. Could be a dry run to observe the response capability.

[Edited 2015-12-02 14:07:41]

PSA53

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:08 pm

An press conference is going on right now that has confirm 14 dead and many hurt.Suspects still on the loose.

I send out my heartfelt condolences to the family survivors of the decease.My God.

DiamondFlyer

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Quoting thunderboltdrgn (Reply 15):
Doesn't really sound like the "normal" "shooter type" and if it was AK-47s then the gun laws are
not relevant since i assume that AK-47s are banned anyway?

AK-47's aren't banned, they can be had in semi-auto form, just like any other modern sporting rifle. I personally own a number of them (a number which I won't say on a public forum), they are no different than any other semi-automatic rifle that can be purchased in the US.

-DiamondFlyer

Alfons

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Sure? Did you already ask all 99.99% if they would feel it as a punishment, if they would know and understand that it would save thousands of lifes every year in US? Ask them...., don't be so sure you are right.

Quoting DiamondFlyer (Reply 23):
AK-47's aren't banned, they can be had in semi-auto form, just like any other modern sporting rifle. I personally own a number of them (a number which I won't say on a public forum), they are no different than any other semi-automatic rifle that can be purchased in the US.

with so many guns on me for protection, I wouldn't even have a finger left to pull the trigger. But at least I'd feel like back in Doom 1-3 when I could switch between a dozen guns in a split second.

Wink

Alfons

[Edited 2015-12-02 14:21:27]

MaverickM11

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Yes. Even the majority of gun owners approve of stricter background checks.

PSA53

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:28 pm

What surprises me is the suspects even got into the building unchecked.I know many Gov't structures like hospitals and court systems have metal detectors and guards on duty.So,what happen here.

But I know right now early in this tragic event many questions exceed answers.

TheCommodore

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Should we punish the 99.99% for the actions of the 0.01% (or less).

I'd say its got to that stage by now wouldn't you think so ?

Why are you asking people to provide you with the answers or solutions to this problem

You created, you fix it.

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 26):
What surprises me is the suspects even got into the building unchecked.

And what is says to me is that even with so many Americans apparently walking the streets armed to the back teeth, 3 heavily armed people have just vanished and NOT ONE law abiding gun owner did anything about it by fighting back.

What a complete joke !

[Edited 2015-12-02 14:42:19]

Acheron

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 26):

Because the building was used mostly to treat people with development disabilities. I mean, if even in such a place you have to consider putting metal detectors, you ought to start questioning a few things...

MrHMSH

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:45 pm

If punishing them means saving a few thousand people every year then yes. People shouldn't have to die just so that people can enjoy something that does very little to advance society and much to push it back.

I propose a change in culture since that's partly to blame, and more stringent checks to try and weedle out the irresponsibles. Even you can't disagree that regulating guns better will prevent many deaths.

Boeing717200

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:46 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 27):
And what is says to me is that even with so many Americans apparently walking the streets armed to the back teeth, 3 heavily armed people have just vanished and NOT ONE law abiding gun owner did anything about it by fighting back.

What are you going on about? Trying to be funny or something? The facility works with disabled people.

Talk about a complete joke.

[Edited 2015-12-02 14:46:41]

TheCommodore

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Quoting Boeing717200 (Reply 30):
What are you going on about?

Its pretty simple...

Trying to be funny or something?

Just stating the obvious, but apparently you guys aren't getting the message

The facility works with disabled people

So what ?

Why shouldn't they enjoy the same protections as happens now in American schools where children have to be "screened" before class.

Talk about a complete joke.

If only you got it !

[Edited 2015-12-02 14:52:15]

Alfons

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Quoting Acheron (Reply 28):
I mean, if even in such a place you have to consider putting metal detectors, you ought to start questioning a few things...

Ouch. A character trait which remembers me very much some dark times in Europe last century... . I think those are exactly the places which needs the most attention and metal detectors, as those people will probably have more difficulties to protect themselves (with a gun in their hand?). Don't you think so?

Alfons

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:00:05]

Acheron

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Quoting Alfons (Reply 32):
I think those are exactly the places which needs the most attention and metal detectors, as those people will probably have more difficulties to protect themselves (with a gun in their hand?). Don't you think so?

That's the thing. When you have so many mass shootings per year that even a center treating people with development disabilities become a site for a potential mass shooting, you have bigger problems than a lack of metal detectors...

But the again, 20 kids got shot a few years ago and people decided that their guns were more important, so any discussion about metal detectors, gun control and whatnot is merely academic at this point.

scbriml

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:14 pm

You created, you fix it.

But the gun nuts insist there isn't a problem. Ergo, no fix required.

Anyway, the guns aren't the problem.   

ltbewr

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 pm

Once again it happens, another mass shooting with by now up to 14 dead and 12 more shot, 100's of people traumatized, this time with the possibly multiple shooters/terrorists.

One comment I saw with an article suggested the targets may have been county health officials in a conference room in the facility. That may suggest to me someone wanted revenge on a boss, perhaps over a drug or gang case or maybe over abortion.

Of course, there is wall to wall media coverage, likely giving the terrorists here just want they wanted.

Then there will be here and elsewhere blaming our access to guns, the NRA, our lack of mental health services, our media, our crazy political divisions and hate for each other, Trump, Obama, Clinton (both Bill and Hillary), 'Tea Party', Republicans, Democrats, Communists, Socialists, FBI, CIA, ATF, violent video games, music and other media, and phase of the Moon.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT . We must change our society to end the carnage of mass shooters, criminal gangs, drug gangs, political/religious and general nut cases.

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:18:10]

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:19:13]

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:20:23]

DocLightning

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Stories that do not fit the agenda are not widely reported.

*Vaccines are a government plot to implant nanobots in all citizens
*9/11 is an inside job
*Global warming is a hoax by the global warming industry to increase profits on...something.
*TW800 was shot down by the military
*Chemtrails

Any other conspiracy theories you'd like to float?

Yes. Because no civilian needs an assault weapon.

So, how many more guns do we need until we're all safe?

zckls04

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Heavily reporting this story would mean having to admit that more gun control wouldn’t be effective

Logical fallacy. The presence of a mass shooting which gun control would not have stopped does not prove there are no mass shootings which gun control would have stopped.

Quoting OA412 (Reply 8):
Interesting...

That occurred to me too. But he's not the only one. The media does the same thing. Black shooter = thug, white shooter = mentally ill person.

Why are you asking people to provide you with the answers or solutions to this problem

You created, you fix it.

If you don't have any constructive proposals you're just whining for the sake of antagonizing people.

910A

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:22 pm

Looks like the police and suspects are in a shoot out on a main drive in San Berndo...

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:24:04]

PSA53

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 pm

There is now a hot spot still in the IE.Gun shoots have been exchanged.Black SUV was in chase with police.But something is going on.

The SUV has been captured,*not secured*, some media say that one or two suspects are dead.But it is little crazy right now.

Update*

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:34:04]

All suspects in custody.No details.

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:37:51]

777Jet

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:25 pm

R.I.P to the victims and condolences to their family and friends.

Another shooting....

Im surprised they even bother to report them anymore.

My thoughts exactly.

Another shooting in 'Murica...

Dreadnought

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 20):
Literally anything would be an improvement.

That's just stupid. Government should act when the proposal has a tangible benefit and a demonstrated mechanism to achieve that benefit. Your concept of "Don't care what, just do something!" is just the sort of emotional BS that helped create this mess in the first place.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 25):
Yes. Even the majority of gun owners approve of stricter background checks.

Ah... finally a more-or-less specific proposal (after much prying). But such checks would not have prevented the NO shooting. Any ideas?

You created, you fix it.

I did not create shit. You are the one demanding action. Give us a clue here.

Quoting MrHMSH (Reply 29):
If punishing them means saving a few thousand people every year then yes.

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin

910A

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:40 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 41):
I did not create shit.

Yes, you did. You bought into the crap the NRA was selling about the second amendment. Personally my experience has shown responsible gun owners would also like to see some uniform laws across the country that are adhered to in the strictest sense.

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:48:43]

Acheron

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:43 pm

"I don't care your kids got shot up. My freedumbs to own 30.000 guns is more important!"

TheCommodore

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Quoting zckls04 (Reply 37):
If you don't have any constructive proposals you're just whining for the sake of antagonizing people.

Not at all

I have perviously suggest many things (like what occurred in Australia after our shootings) that could be done in threads long gone by, and been slapped down each and every time.

So I get the impression you people don't want our thoughts on guns seriously, because you simply won't consider any real structural reforms when it comes down to gun ownership and "who" owns them.

Until unfortunately that happens. you will have to work it out, or don't, as the case is currently.

I did not create shit.

Your countries refusal to accept any sort of reform, control, whatever it is you want to call it, about gun accessibility/ownership etc etc, then in my opinion you are

Quoting MrHMSH (Reply 29):
If punishing them means saving a few thousand people every year then yes.

And thats exactly what I mean, excuse after excuse, reason after reason.

There always an excuse to do nothing !

MrHMSH

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 pm

What freedom? The freedom to defend yourself from other people's guns? A self-fulfilling prophecy if I ever saw one.

Aside from being able to acquire guns (I assure you I have no desire to do so), there's practically no freedom you enjoy that I don't.

Anyway, I'll leave you with words of wisdom from a wise man:

"You can take your guns and stick them where the sun don't shine, and maybe then we can treat violent killings as horrific and shocking events rather than another day at the office" - Me, just now.

PSA53

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:52 pm

The situation has been secured.Suspects open fire and started a gun fight with police.At least one suspect is deceased others in custody.But still a little fuzzy on Info.

But it looks like all the thugs are secured and and this tragic event has ended.

R.I.P. to all the victims.

Update*
*Now the story is changing. One suspect might still be on the loose.

[Edited 2015-12-02 15:57:47]

PC12Fan

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:56 pm

If there was even a hint of a legitimate reason behind these events, I would have different emotions. But at a social services location?? What the fuck is the justification?!?!?!

I am so very tired of this . . . . and very much have been. I'm not afraid - I am very pissed off.

sfbdude

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:58 pm

Don't worry. As with most "islamist" attacks, we can expect some kind of left behind passport to conveniently help identify them. That will quickly tell us whether or not these guys were terrorists or mentally ill.

PC12Fan

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:13 am

Quoting sfbdude (Reply 48):

If this was directed towards me, I'm not referring to these kinds of events, I'm referring to the whole sad human genre of it all.

Can't we all just get along?  

P.S. That GIF is exactly how I feel.

[Edited 2015-12-02 16:15:36]