Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MD11Engineer

RE: "Affluenza" Drunk Teen On The Run From Arrest

Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Quoting flyingclrs727 (Reply 97):
Supposedly getting licensed to drive a motor vehicle is a mark of maturity and beginning to take on adult responsibilities.

This is why the minimum age for a driving licence is 18, the same age as when one starts to become fully legally reponsible, sign contracts etc.

When my daughter, who was living in CA back then pestred me to pay for her driving licence and to buy her a car as she was 16 and "everybody at her age had one", I refused.

Quoting flyingclrs727 (Reply 97):
My Texas state representative is the chairman of the calendar committee. I'll ask him about introducing legislation to require all DWI defendants in cases involving fatalities and serious injuries to be prosecuted as adulta the next time I see him.

Just raise the minimum age to full legal maturity.

Jan

flyingclrs727

Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 100):

Is that the age at which one is allowed to vote or to buy alcoholic beverages?

MD11Engineer

Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Quoting flyingclrs727 (Reply 101):
Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 100):

Is that the age at which one is allowed to vote or to buy alcoholic beverages?

Yes, though in Germany you can drink wine or beer already at the age of 16.
You'd still need to be a bit older for some licences, e.g. the minimum age for a blasting licence or a heavy truck, heavy motorbike or bus driver's licence is 21.

Jan

Edit: this is normally no problem, as one has to show certain experience before one can get such a licence, e.g. to get a blasting licence somebody has had to work for three years as an assistant of someboy with such alicence and the minimum age for this is 18.

[Edited 2016-01-01 10:34:14]

AR385

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:51 am

Quoting flyingclrs727 (Reply 98):
Plus the the time spent in prison in Mexico might not be counted towards his probated sentence.

The "expert" presented in CNN said it did. The problem is that he is not "serving any time" per se, because he is not in any jail. He has not been charged with any crime in Mexico either. He is simply detained at the INM (Instituto Nacional de Migración) http://www.gob.mx/inm center which is the holding place for all people in Mexico that are illegally in the country, and are pending deportation. Wether their deportation is imminent or they are exercising some legal procedure to stop it, they are held there.

Quoting us330 (Reply 96):
FWIW, he's not out enjoying himself while in Mexico. A recent Dallas Morning News article reported that he was just transferred to an immigration detainee facility in a poor part of Mexico City, where he is sleeping in communal areas and having to hand wash his own clothes etc. In other words, far from a country club prison.

}

As said above, he is at the INM center. It certainly is not the Hyatt Regency but it is not a jail. A big issue there is having the human rights of the detainees respected as every embassy with citizens there is watching. If you have family with means they can send you money and you certainly won´t have to wash your own clothes. Certain detainees will do it for you. Plus you can order food from outside and other comfort items like books, magazines, and such. These days it is mostly filled with Central Americans, Colombians, Cubans, and Brazilians. So he will learn Spanish rather quickly. "No señor, otra vez no, me duele" might be a phrase he´ll pick up quickly.

If you bribe the correct people, which is not too difficult, there are "escapes". From what I read, his lawyers´ strategy is to get him to face the deportation procedure outside the INM. That won´t be easy.

OMP777X

Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:35 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 103):
From what I read, his lawyers´ strategy is to get him to face the deportation procedure outside the INM. That won´t be easy.

We will have to wait and see how this plays out. His lawyer is supposedly very talented at what he does. This article says he is a "rock star", so the little shit could end up staying there after all.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/affluenz...hires-high-profile-mexican-lawyer/

I heard the nitwit was hanging out in a strip club down there and owed them more than $200,000 until his mom came and paid it to them, thus bailing him out of trouble yet again. I guess some people will never learn. What a privileged little asshat.
http://nypost.com/2016/01/01/affluen...-strip-club-bill-crawled-to-mommy/

Best,

OMP777X

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:20 am

Quoting OMP777X (Reply 104):
I heard the nitwit was hanging out in a strip club down there and owed them more than $200,000 until his mom came and paid it to them

Where are you getting $200K from? The news earlier said his bill was only $80.

OMP777X

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:31 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 105):
Where are you getting $200K from? The news earlier said his bill was only $80.

That was the number I read in a different report about it that I saw through Facebook. I thought the one above that I linked here was the same report (it was a Gawker article) but I guess it isn't. They said he drank there for quite some time before the mom had to come get him from the bouncers, so I figured he must've been drinking several bottles of high end champagne.

slider

Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:50 pm

http://www.dmagazine.com/publication...-parents-ever-ethan-couch?single=1

I did take some time to read this yesterday, quite a lengthy expose from Dallas Magazine on the Couch family.

Wow. There were SO many red flags and warning signs. The kid had already gotten away with one underage DWI scot-free. He was a problem drinker, probably an alcoholic, and his Dad is a major league asshole aggro-dude. Mom is a complete lunatic, to put it bluntly.

The shrinks coined them as severely dysfunctional, yet the kid still acted in a manner that was reckless, dangerous to others, and without consequences from the law or his family.

This pathology exists in our society and it's damn sad--it's typical of either rich entitled assholes or poor disconnected parents, or ANY economic spectrum for those families who have kids growing up without a strong responsible male role model as well as parents that don't use their children as weapons. Really a damn shame.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:14 am

Quoting slider (Reply 107):
He was a problem drinker, probably an alcoholic

Which just goes back to my question in Reply#82:

The kid admitted on tape that he was freely allowed to consume alcohol, cocaine, plus all manner of highly controlled prescription substances (e.g. Oxycontin, Vyvanse, etc) on a whim....

...where the hell was Child Services at that point???

slider

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:51 am

So much for my soft side in posting that link to D Magazine. Gee, thanks mods.

I had an eloquent, soft spoken, sympathetic argument. No reason to moderate that. WTH?!

OMP777X

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:07 pm

I stand corrected, Couch only ran up a $1,000 tab at the strip club he went to. I must've read the report wrong. He had a VIP room experience with two strippers for several hours and needed to leave his Rolex as collateral until his mom could pay his tab. http://abcnews.go.com/International/...trip-club-mexico/story?id=36099672

AR385

Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:10 am

Quoting OMP777X (Reply 110):
I stand corrected, Couch only ran up a $1,000 tab at the strip club he went to. I must've read the report wrong. He had a VIP room experience with two strippers for several hours and needed to leave his Rolex as collateral until his mom could pay his tab.

That´s not really a big tab for a strip club in PVR. He probably had sex with the two strippers (that´s the purpose of the VIP room) and these clubs are really brothels with the "strip" as the front. That would have generated a $400 USD bill.

The alcohol, (His and the strippers, as you HAVE TO BUY, alcohol for the strippers, it´s part of the rules, even though they won´t drink it) would have been another $300 USD minimum.

The VIP room charge, that would be $200 USD and the rest is probably made up of food. Par for the course for any vacation of any Mexican Affluenza infected spoiled brat. Much less for someone with as much money. In fact, it sounds too cheap. What? no drugs? Me thinks it was a lot more money than reported, or it was a seedy, roach infested place.

He was very lucky. Even though he left the Rolex as collateral, when you do all that an can´t pay afterwards you get a pretty good beating.

Edit: Saw the Strip Club

NO WAY that was a $1,000 USD tab given the services described. I don´t know why they are under reporting the amount and it is really irrelevant anyway, but NO WAY that was just $1,000 USD.

[Edited 2016-01-05 18:22:04]

OMP777X

Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:29 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 111):
NO WAY that was a $1,000 USD tab given the services described. I don´t know why they are under reporting the amount and it is really irrelevant anyway, but NO WAY that was just $1,000 USD.

Honestly, $1K seems like a very conservative estimate. That's why when I thought that I'd read that he racked up $200K I wasn't totally shocked, I just figured he ran an open tab for a few days without closing it and had done the full experience plus fancy champagne the whole entire time. I am sure he drank up and used more than $10K worth of services but someone felt the need to downplay it some for whatever reason. Either way, what a tool, needing mommy to step in and square away his tab and all.

Flighty

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Quoting OMP777X (Reply 112):
Either way, what a tool, needing mommy to step in and square away his tab and all.

Mommy is the main factor here and always has been.

Okie

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Either way, what a tool, needing mommy to step in and square away his tab and all.

Mom taking you on vacation and bailing you out from the gentlemen's club and bar tab. Aw come on OMP did you get her phone number there might be some A.nut members looking for adoption 

Seriously though, her actions seem to be quite pathetic and possibly the root of the problem.

Okie

MaverickM11

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Quoting Okie (Reply 114):
Seriously though, her actions seem to be quite pathetic and possibly the root of the problem.
Quoting Flighty (Reply 113):

She seems to have her own major issues that at least partially explain her behavior

slider

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 108):
Which just goes back to my question in Reply#82:

The kid admitted on tape that he was freely allowed to consume alcohol, cocaine, plus all manner of highly controlled prescription substances (e.g. Oxycontin, Vyvanse, etc) on a whim....

...where the hell was Child Services at that point???

Exactly right. After reading that article, there were so many points of inflection with the law where PROPER corrective action should have been applied. In every case, he dodged and escaped accountability. His parents, frankly, belong in jail.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 113):

Indeed--I get a really creepy Oedipus vibe here too.

LMP737

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Quoting OMP777X (Reply 110):
I stand corrected, Couch only ran up a $1,000 tab at the strip club he went to. I must've read the report wrong. He had a VIP room experience with two strippers for several hours and needed to leave his Rolex as collateral until his mom could pay his tab. http://abcnews.go.com/International/...trip-club-mexico/story?id=36099672

From the article "Sources say Ethan Couch and his mother Tonya went to a strip club called Harem in Puerto Vallarta on the night of Dec. 23. According to club employees, the pair had drinks before Tonya Couch left the club."

He went to a strip club with his mom? I can't even imagine going to a strip club with my dad never mind my mom. Creepy.

Flighty

Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:19 pm

Quoting slider (Reply 116):
ndeed--I get a really creepy Oedipus vibe here too.

Well I mean there's that, especially with this story. But why is this little POS such a POS? Whose fault is it really? I can tell you if he had my mom, she would raise him better or else he would die in the process.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Quoting slider (Reply 116):
Indeed--I get a really creepy Oedipus vibe here too.

That's been touched on too. She called the kid "her protector and confidant" from when she used to live with his father and got involved in domestic disputes.

Um, he was barely a teenager back then-- that should've been a major red flag as well.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 118):
she would raise him better or else he would die in the process.

To be honest, it's rather shocking that he hasn't died (of his own actions) already:

A teenager freely allowed consumption of Cocaine + Oxycontin, who's been involved in multiple DUI incidents (the latter of which killed multiple others, as we know), and who seems prone to screwing up every situation he's involved in...??

It's a minor miracle (I hate to use that description) that he's somehow made it to 18.

AR385

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:54 am

I am sure he drank up and used more than $10K worth of services but someone felt the need to downplay it some for whatever reason. Either way, what a tool, needing mommy to step in and square away his tab and all.

Talking to a few friends of mine who actually live in PVR, the tab was probably close to $2,500 --$2,800 USD

The reason I think it was under reported is probably that these two knew they could not use ATMs to withdraw money, as that would have given up their location. I assume, thus, they crossed into Mexico with cash. And knowing they were on the lamb, that would have been more than $10,000 USD. If that was or is proven, both could be charged with money laundering, and fiscal fraud (both for not declaring the money) That would have meant BOTH would have faced a looooong process here, before being sent back. So the less cash that can be traced to them, through their expenses, the better.

My two cents.

Ken777

Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:36 am

Quoting Revelation (Reply 99):
I expect finding another job of any kind is going to be difficult.

And we will be wishing you all the best if that time comes.

As a 71 year old guy the first thing I can say is that you need to understand you are not old. You are still young enough to have a sharp mind and, compared to the song hot shots just out of college, you have a ton of experience. Get that attitude going before any change hits and then sellout to a new employer.

wingman

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:05 am

I did take some time to read this yesterday, quite a lengthy expose from Dallas Magazine on the Couch family.

That is a seriously messed up article. The whole thing is enough to make one sick. After reading it it almost seems like mom should be doing at least equal time for gross parenting negligence.

I'd never really read the accident details before..an F250 at 75mph and the brakes were never engaged, that's just unsurvivable for anyone that thing plowed into. What a complete and total waste of life.

us330

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:41 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 120):
The reason I think it was under reported is probably that these two knew they could not use ATMs to withdraw money, as that would have given up their location. I assume, thus, they crossed into Mexico with cash. And knowing they were on the lamb, that would have been more than $10,000 USD. If that was or is proven, both could be charged with money laundering, and fiscal fraud (both for not declaring the money

Supposedly, they had $30,000 in cash with them. Oh, and the mother is now complaining about her treatment in jail, saying she couldn't sleep because of the flickering lights and the people that are watching her.

OMP777X

Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:01 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 120):
My two cents.

That makes sense. I suppose they didn't want it to be known how much money they had.

Quoting us330 (Reply 123):
Supposedly, they had $30,000 in cash with them.

Gosh, is that all? Poor them. They probably wouldn't have lasted much longer on that amount if they weren't caught. It's not like they were going to get jobs, and they probably didn't have many valuables on them to pawn.

Oh, and the mother is now complaining about her treatment in jail, saying she couldn't sleep because of the flickering lights and the people that are watching her.

I got a kick out of reading that in the news today. What does she think, that they will feel bad and offer to put her up in a hotel instead?  

MD11Engineer

Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:16 am

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 121):
Quoting Revelation (Reply 99):
I expect finding another job of any kind is going to be difficult.

And we will be wishing you all the best if that time comes.

As a 71 year old guy the first thing I can say is that you need to understand you are not old. You are still young enough to have a sharp mind and, compared to the song hot shots just out of college, you have a ton of experience. Get that attitude going before any change hits and then sellout to a new employer.

But you didn't spend 40 out of 58 years in jail (the theoreticl maximum he could get and what I was refering to). I don't think that this will give you a lot of useable skills. Maybe bagger at Walmart.

Jan

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:28 am

"“He’d been angry since childhood,” a psychologist testified. “He was a big guy, kind of rednecky, didn’t take no shit from nobody."

...this is how a "psychologist" speaks in court???  Wow!

But this is the part that stood out to me the most:

On the Fourth of July when Ethan was 14, Fred found the boy passed out. He was told Ethan had been drinking rum. Fred seemed mostly annoyed that Ethan wouldn’t be there for their traditional shooting off of fireworks, so he shot them off with other kids instead.
Holy crap! So instead of reacting like a NORMAL person would (i.e. "Oh no! My severely-underaged child has a clear and definitive drinking problem, we need to drop everything and address this immediately!")....

...this cretin's reaction is: "Oh hell, this little punk is useless. Let me leave him here, and go find some cooler kids 1/4th my age to hang out with!"

What... the... heck!
WHERE was Child Services?!?!?!?!?!

Quoting wingman (Reply 122):
that's just unsurvivable for anyone that thing plowed into.

I'm still shocked this little shitstain survived, and essentially unscathed at that. One would think that the deceleration forces alone would've messed him up, rather badly.

[Edited 2016-01-08 21:40:32]

AR385

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:03 am

Supposedly, they had $30,000 in cash with them. Oh, and the mother is now complaining about her treatment in jail, saying she couldn't sleep because of the flickering lights and the people that are watching her.

Well then. If they did not declare it, then that´s $15,000 USD each. This means the dude can be charged in Mexico with money laundering and fiscal fraud. Among other things.

So, theoretically, the US or Texas, I don´t know how that works, can ask a favor from the Mexican authorities. Charge the guy and then take him out of that INM place and send him to a real jail. Negotiate for him to accept and immediate deportation (not fight it anymore) vs. being charged with a major felony.

But if they declared it upon crossing the border, then that is not possible.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:40 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 127):
But if they declared it upon crossing the border

Wouldn't that have tipped off authorities as to their presence/directions though?

...then again, they haven't exactly shown themselves to be the brightest bulbs in the set, so there's that.

AR385

Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:58 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 128):
Wouldn't that have tipped off authorities as to their presence/directions though?

It would have tipped them off that they had entered Mexico, but not necessarily as to their final destination. Or where they planned to end up. The form only asks you if you are entering Mexico with more than $10,000 USD. It does not ask you where are you planning to go, stay, or such. Even bringing in more than that, as long as you declare it, is not an issue.

flyingclrs727

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:13 pm

A judge in Tarrant county set the mother's baik at $1 million this morning, but later lowered it to $75K

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:46 am

Quoting flyingclrs727 (Reply 130):
A judge in Tarrant county set the mother's baik at $1 million this morning, but later lowered it to $75K

Makes sense though: she had to surrender her passport and she's wearing an ankle bracelet, so much less of a flight risk.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:38 pm

....annnnnd (you knew this was coming) US News is saying that a reality show was already in consideration for this kid, and attempts may resume once he returns to the USA.

We suck.  

blueflyer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:45 pm

He is coming home today... Poor kid probably needed to be closer to mommy.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:33 am

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 133):
Poor kid probably needed to be closer to mommy

Sadly, the more about this story that's released, the more it seems that "affluenza" perfectly describes this kid's tragic life.

Still shouldn't excuse the fact that he slaughtered multiple people though, and shown absolutely no remorse over it.

seb146

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:21 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 134):
the more it seems that "affluenza" perfectly describes this kid's tragic life.

Every time I hear that stupid word I get more and more pissed off. I follow all sorts on here and Facebook and see different things on the internet. This jerk had internet and saw the same things I do. The biggest difference is not that "I don't know the difference between wrong and right" but more like "money will get me out of this." He was drunk and high and effed up how many families and he got to do whatever he damn well pleased after. I just don't have the words.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:45 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 135):
The biggest difference is not that "I don't know the difference between wrong and right" but more like "money will get me out of this."

My original thoughts, yes, for when he originally was screwing other people over.

But lately, all of his negative actions have served no purpose other than to screw HIMSELF over.... which leads me to believe he really does not quite mentally grasp that "I'd better not do ____, as it's going to make it worse for me."

He just doesn't seem to have the cognizance for that to click.

I mean, I still think he's lucky he didn't get his skull crushed by nearly failing to pay up in a Mexican club.
He's getting off easy by being deported-- street justice wouldn't have been so kind.

seb146

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 136):
He just doesn't seem to have the cognizance for that to click.

So he probably has a legitimate mental disorder. We need to get rid of that word his attorney made up. Yes, it is interesting how he managed to not get the snot kicked out of him at the strip club. I wonder what that was all about?

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 137):
We need to get rid of that word his attorney made up.

It wasn't his atty, it was some quack "psychologist."

See Reply#126 for more pearls of wisdom from that person.

I wonder what that was all about?

You know what it was about-- mommy coming to his rescue, again.

StarAC17

Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 138):
We need to get rid of that word his attorney made up.

It wasn't his atty, it was some quack "psychologist."

The word itself I agree in nonsensical but the condition is not because if you are not taught right and wrong how would you not know it when you get older and are supposed to be a productive adult. What Couch did was wrong to me, you and 99.99% of people but he had parents whom didn't tell him that drinking and driving (along with dozens of other things) was wrong.

Where I think a lot of the outrage lies is that only the rich whom have bad upbringings and parental neglect seem to get away with crimes that they may not know are crimes. I posted this in an earlier post but it bears repeating. You could make an argument that a inner city kid whom gets into trouble doesn't know right and wrong either because he was brought up in a broken home with a father in jail and a mother working 3 jobs just to put food on the table. How is that parent even find the time to teach right and wrong.

Do the courts have sympathy for that kid? NO, they are often harsher than they need to be.

It is at the end of the day all about money and class.

seb146

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 139):
you and 99.99% of people but he had parents whom didn't tell him that drinking and driving (along with dozens of other things) was wrong.

No, no, and no. Even though I grew up in the middle of nowhere, I grew up with peers who had little or no contact with parents. They still knew that smoking, drinking, and drugs were bad and wrong. They knew that from school and watching adults being killed and injured by them. I can not believe that, with all the TV and internet and social media, that this piece of you-know-what still had no clue that under age drinking is illegal and taking prescription drugs that did not belong to him is wrong and that driving while hopped up on alcohol and prescription drugs and killing is wrong. I do not believe that for one second.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

MaverickM11

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 119):
Um, he was barely a teenager back then-- that should've been a major red flag as well.

Red flag to whom? Everyone in his life failed him.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 140):
I can not believe that, with all the TV and internet and social media, that this piece of you-know-what still had no clue that under age drinking is illegal and taking prescription drugs that did not belong to him is wrong and that driving while hopped up on alcohol and prescription drugs and killing is wrong. I do not believe that for one second.

That sounds good, but people do illegal/stupid/nonsensical things every day: they're called teenagers. The vast majority of them manage to survive this phase through a combination of luck, common sense, education, and people that care for them steering them in the right direction. This guy (and huge swathes of society) had none of those things going for him.

seb146

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:02 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 141):
This guy (and huge swathes of society) had none of those things going for him.

And, also, the court system. Even the court system failed. How many other teens drive drunk and kill people and are let off with a warning?

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Red flag to whom? Everyone in his life failed him.

Including Child Services.
Were it a poor or minority family, he would've been removed for any number of offenses.

This guy (and huge swathes of society) had none of those things going for him.

Well, he definitely had the first thing that you mentioned going for him-- luck.

As mentioned, it's somewhat shocking that he walked away from that mangled car wreck virtually unscathed.
It's also surprising that he didn't get his face smashed in after cheating a strip club out of their money.

MaverickM11

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:15 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 143):
Were it a poor or minority family, he would've been removed for any number of offenses.

Really? Seems like the system failed a white, wealthy person, just like everybody else...

As mentioned, it's somewhat shocking that he walked away from that mangled car wreck virtually unscathed.
It's also surprising that he didn't get his face smashed in after cheating a strip club out of their money.

God loves a winner

Quoting seb146 (Reply 142):
And, also, the court system. Even the court system failed. How many other teens drive drunk and kill people and are let off with a warning?

I think he got a fairly standard sentence; what was unusual was his disastrous family which assisted him in fleeing the country.

seb146

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:29 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 144):
I think he got a fairly standard sentence;
Were it a poor or minority family,

Aaaaand... we have a winner...

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:07 pm

His father's business just got a Yelp page.

I'll just leave this here.  
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cleburne-sheet-metal-fort-worth-2

ArmitageShanks

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 146):

His father's business just got a Yelp page.

I'll just leave this here.  

What does his business have to do with this?

mham001

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 147):

It's the new Progressive liberal attack. Go after a person's source of income if you do not agree with them. Or their family. Happening quite a lot lately.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 147):

Nothing. And here no one claimed it did.

I just think it'll be amusing to watch the fireworks fly.
Just as it was with the lion-hunting dentist.