Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DocLightning
Topic Author

Militia Group Takes Federal Facility In Eastern Or

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:56 am

http://www.wweek.com/2016/01/02/mili...-because-the-lord-was-not-pleased/

Fair Use Excerpt:
Quote:
A group of anti-government militia members have occupied the headquarters and visitors center of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Ore., apparently seeking to provoke a standoff with the federal government.

Several of the right-wing militia members are sons of Cliven Bundy, a Nevada cattle rancher whose fight with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management sparked an armed confrontation with federal officials in 2014.

Militia members have been traveling to the town of Burns, Ore. in recent weeks in support of Harney County rancher Dwight Hammond, Jr. and his son Steven Hammond, who in 2012 were convicted of arson for setting fires on federal land where they had poached deer. (The wildfires burned 139 acres of Bureau of Land Management property in 2001.)

The Feds have already let them get away with this once. How far can they get?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

MaverickM11

RE: Militia Group Takes Federal Facility In Eastern Or

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Thread starter):
Several of the right-wing militia members are sons of Cliven Bundy,

Ah yes who could forget the #blessed NRA sponsored true Amurrican patriots that Sean Hannity and Megyn Kelly were falling over themselves to fawn over. White guys stealing land, pointing guns at federal officials, complaining about minorities living off the dole--Fox News hero and true American patriot!

They should run for GOP candidate--they'd at least be top 3.
I don't take responsibility at all

CPH-R

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Not very far. It's around a dozen nutters who have holed themselves up in a visitor center that was closed for the weekend anyway. Their ilk have been at it for a couple of years now, generally fueled by some extremely far-right internet radio personalities, who have been predicting an 'American Spring', whereby they would be violently repressed, resulting in the American people rising up and overthrowing the tyrants in Washington D.C (ie. the darkie in the White House and anyone not associated with or sympathetic towards the Tea Party). Pete Santilli, who seems to be one of the online radio personalities instigating this, was also behind 'Operation American Spring'. Some of his live videos from the event are still available, and it's hilarious to see the dawning realisation on their faces that the promised mass uprising isn't materialising.

I remember being critical of the Feds/BLM in the Cliven Bundy-standoff, but in hindsight they probably handled it in the best possible manner. With that many nutters out there, armed and with twitching triggerfingers, it wouldn't have taken much to turn the whole thing into a tragedy.

Mir

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:23 pm

No need to give them the armed confrontation they want. Give them a few opportunities to surrender to authorities peacefully - if they won't do that, I'm sure the Air National Guard needs some target practice. No reason to risk law enforcement lives in a shootout when there's no chance of collateral damage.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 2):

I remember being critical of the Feds/BLM in the Cliven Bundy-standoff, but in hindsight they probably handled it in the best possible manner. With that many nutters out there, armed and with twitching triggerfingers, it wouldn't have taken much to turn the whole thing into a tragedy.

The correct way to handle it should have been to simply cut off their water and power and wait for them to come out either shooting (in which case they fire back) or surrendering. Sieges are an ancient strategy because they work well when one side has vast resources and the other does not.

In this case, the best thing to do is to surround the visitor's center, cut off the water and the power, and wait.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

blueflyer

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:23 pm

This occupation isn't off to a good start. They asked local residents to support and join them, and none did. Not a good sign when you are supposedly fighting for local control over local resources.

The ranchers whose conviction started this drama have even announced they still plan to report to jail on Monday as expected.

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:39 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 5):

The ranchers whose conviction started this drama have even announced they still plan to report to jail on Monday as expected.

That doesn't change the others who are still there and want to "die fighting."

This is the logical outcome of extreme gun fetishism and I very much hope that this is put to a stop.

But the response will be sluggish and half-hearted because these men are white and thump Bibles. If they were brown and yelled "Allahu Akbar!" the Feds would be all over this like ants on sugar.

[Edited 2016-01-03 10:17:03]
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

seb146

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 6):
This is the logical outcome of extreme gun fetishism

And completely surrounding oneself with only one side of an issue. All we have been hearing for the last seven years is how Obama/liberals have ruined the country and Obama/liberals are taking guns away and Obama/liberals are making this a welfare state.

Repeat a lie enough times....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Mir

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:42 pm

It's being reported that the thugs are bringing children onto the scene. One can only imagine why that would be.  
But the response will be sluggish and half-hearted because these men are white and thump Bibles. If they were brown and yelled "Allahu Akbar!" the Feds would be all over this like ants on sugar.

Of if they were black and blocking a street or something. What we're learning with all of this is that if protestors want to be taken seriously, they need to be armed and threaten to shoot at police if they try to do anything about them. There's horrible precedent being set here.

-Mir

DocLightning
Topic Author

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 8):

Of if they were black and blocking a street or something. What we're learning with all of this is that if protestors want to be taken seriously, they need to be armed and threaten to shoot at police if they try to do anything about them. There's horrible precedent being set here.

According to HuffPo, Federal authorities are "monitoring the situation."  
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Acheron

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Turns out the biggest terrorist threat wasn't the immigrants but racist ranchers...

Dreadnought

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 4):
In this case, the best thing to do is to surround the visitor's center, cut off the water and the power, and wait.

Bingo.

The difference is that these guys are not interested in killing innocent people.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

wingman

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Just saw the story covered on Fox and they just play a slow motion soundtrack of the orgasm scene from When Harry Met Sally. I think they're in favor.

TheCommodore

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 11):
The difference is that these guys are not interested in killing innocent people.

So why the need to be armed then ?

Who exactly are they going to use their firearms against.... innocent police ?
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

Mir

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Except for law enforcement, of course.

-Mir

MaverickM11

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Uh...pretty sure they'd shoot anything that gets in their way.

Just gimme a pair of loose-fittin’ shoes, some tight pussy, and a warm place to shit, and I’ll be all right.

Is this for real?

Quoting wingman (Reply 12):
Just saw the story covered on Fox and they just play a slow motion soundtrack of the orgasm scene from When Harry Met Sally. I think they're in favor.

As much as Sean Hannity hates the gays he would *totally* gay marry any of these Bundy boys.

Quoting Mir (Reply 14):

2nd amendment in action!

seb146

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 9):
Federal authorities are "monitoring the situation."

A group of armed White men in the middle of nowhere. Why would anyone want to drive to a bird sanctuary 40 miles from the nearest town in the freezing cold on a Sunday?

This group of domestic terrorists are upset because a federal judge recently reviewed the arson case against two ranchers and decided that, under federal law, the two had not served enough time. The two were convicted of setting fires on federal land on two different occasions, 2001 and 2006.

While I agree that the sentencing should have been done right the first time, this "protest" is wrong way to express outrage. All these "patriots" who claim to love the United States and Constitution and such, should pool their money and hire a lawyer.

But, then, they wouldn't be able to play with guns....

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Oh? They're bringing their kids on the property. I wonder why.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

sfbdude

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Is there a reason why they're labeled as militias and not terrorists specifically other than the fact they aren't middle eastern? Or is that pretty much it?

Mir

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 pm

Quoting sfbdude (Reply 18):
Is there a reason why they're labeled as militias and not terrorists specifically other than the fact they aren't middle eastern? Or is that pretty much it?

They're neither (though if they start shooting at people they'll be terrorists). They're just thugs.

-Mir

CPH-R

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 16):
While I agree that the sentencing should have been done right the first time, this "protest" is wrong way to express outrage. All these "patriots" who claim to love the United States and Constitution and such, should pool their money and hire a lawyer.

IIRC their original sentence was lowered, when they succesfully argued (on appeal, I believe) that the mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years was unconstitutional. That argument was later overturned and a judge ruled that they'd have to go back and serve out the remaining time of the original 5 year sentence.

flood

RE:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:41 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 19):
They're just thugs.

On twitter they're referred to as YallQaeda who are waging Yeehawd   

I need more popcorn.

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:51 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 20):

IIRC their original sentence was lowered, when they succesfully argued (on appeal, I believe) that the mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years was unconstitutional. That argument was later overturned and a judge ruled that they'd have to go back and serve out the remaining time of the original 5 year sentence.

Let's remember, they burned all that land to hide evidence that they had been poaching deer. In the process they almost killed a bunch of firefighters and one random civilian who was out camping or hiking.

They were ONLY sentenced for the fire. Not the criminal negligence nor the poaching.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

QANTAS077

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 19):
They're neither (though if they start shooting at people they'll be terrorists). They're just thugs.

well, I think you're wrong. Terrorism is supposedly defined as using terror for political purpose, plenty of political background to this story...plenty of guns too.

not sure what they hope to achieve but I doubt it'l be successful.

TheCommodore

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:04 am

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 23):
not sure what they hope to achieve but I doubt it'l be successful.

Thank heavens we don't have this sort of rubbish going on here  Wow!
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

seb146

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:25 am

Quoting sfbdude (Reply 18):

No, that's all.

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 20):
That argument was later overturned and a judge ruled that they'd have to go back and serve out the remaining time of the original 5 year sentence.

And the two who were sentenced already said they were going to report to prison without incident. The Bundy clan decided it was BS and decided to take up arms against the government because the government is not doing anything for them and the Lord will do something wonderful at the bird sanctuary. Or something. I couldn't follow it all....

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 23):
Terrorism is supposedly defined as using terror for political purpose, plenty of political background to this story...plenty of guns too.

And they are, IMO.

What is the difference between these guys in Oregon and what happened in Fergison or Baltimore? Those in Baltimore and Fergison did not take over a federal building and threaten revolution. But these guys are being celebrated?

DocLightning
Topic Author

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:40 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 24):

Thank heavens we don't have this sort of rubbish going on here  

And you thought your last PM was bad...

Quoting seb146 (Reply 25):

What is the difference between these guys in Oregon and what happened in Fergison or Baltimore? Those in Baltimore and Fergison did not take over a federal building and threaten revolution. But these guys are being celebrated?

And, frankly, the ones in Ferguson and Baltimore have a much more legitimate gripe.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Dreadnought

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:49 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 26):
And, frankly, the ones in Ferguson and Baltimore have a much more legitimate gripe.

I disagree. The idea that you can be tried, sentenced, sent to jail and serve time, be released, and then be sent back to jail for the same crime is definitely screwed up.

In Ferguson and Baltimore they were basically using a certain degree of legitimate grievance as an excuse to get free TVs from stores they looted.

Another difference - If the Ferguson and Baltimore rioters were half a mile away from your home or place of business, you'd be worried. I doubt anyone around this place they took is particularly worried that their lives or property is in danger.

That said, I have no respect for anarchists - which is what these guys basically are.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

Revelation

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:33 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 7):
And completely surrounding oneself with only one side of an issue. All we have been hearing for the last seven years is how Obama/liberals have ruined the country and Obama/liberals are taking guns away and Obama/liberals are making this a welfare state.

Repeat a lie enough times....

Kinda reminds me of Harold Camping and Family Radio International, but with guns.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 27):
In Ferguson and Baltimore they were basically using a certain degree of legitimate grievance as an excuse to get free TVs from stores they looted.

Urban poor steal some TVs we get our panties all twisted. Corporations pay no taxes and we say meh. Who's the bigger thief?
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

jetwet1

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:43 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 14):

Bingo.....

The correct way to handle it should have been to simply cut off their water and power and wait for them to come out either shooting (in which case they fire back) or surrendering. Sieges are an ancient strategy because they work well when one side has vast resources and the other does not.

Please do not forget to include 24/7 music.

Nothing says bad ass Malitia like taking over a bird sanctuary building on a Sunday.

seb146

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:41 am

Quoting jetwet1 (Reply 29):
Nothing says bad ass Malitia like taking over a bird sanctuary building on a Sunday.

I saw this meme on FB and could not share it fast enough!

The idea that you can be tried, sentenced, sent to jail and serve time, be released, and then be sent back to jail for the same crime is definitely screwed up.

But there is nothing at all wrong with killing unarmed citizens. Because, you know, all lives matter.

The case was reviewed, showed they did not serve a minimum under federal law (because the crime took place on federal land) and the accused decided "yeah, we will go back and serve out the rest of the sentence." They are not fighting this at all. The Bundy kids are. Remember the Bundy family? Cliven, who decided to ignore federal law and not pay federal grazing fees because whatever and had thugs pointing guns from "his" land to federal agents? The Fox darling? Remember him?

Mir

Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:41 am

The idea that you can be tried, sentenced, sent to jail and serve time, be released, and then be sent back to jail for the same crime is definitely screwed up.

They weren't sentenced twice (which would be screwed up), it was the same sentence altered by appeal. We don't have a problem with sentences being reduced by appeal - sometimes it goes the other way.

Another difference - If the Ferguson and Baltimore rioters were half a mile away from your home or place of business, you'd be worried. I doubt anyone around this place they took is particularly worried that their lives or property is in danger.

I'd certainly be worried about it. I don't want a gun battle going on on my doorstep, and I'd fear that a lot more from this bunch than those in Ferguson or Baltimore, who would be more of a nuisance than a genuine safety concern.

-Mir

EA CO AS

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:18 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 19):
They're just thugs.

I have no respect for anarchists - which is what these guys basically are.

If someone feels the government is riding roughshod over their rights, you fight in the courts, not through violence.

Quoting Revelation (Reply 28):
Urban poor steal some TVs we get our panties all twisted. Corporations pay no taxes and we say meh. Who's the bigger thief?

Stealing is illegal. Using legal means to reduce or eliminate your tax burden isn't.

Try again.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

QANTAS077

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:15 am

not much to do in winter? wonder who's running the ranch while these clowns stage a sit in in Oregon?

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 24):
Thank heavens we don't have this sort of rubbish going on here

yeah...but we get stuck with morons like Briggs & Dutton.

MD11Engineer

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:45 am

From what I have read, the original grievance is that they don't agree with federal land (especially not as a nature preserve). They want that the federal government gives the land tolocal authorities to be distributed among the farmers and miners to be used (e.g. for farming, lumber, mining or hunting).

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

TheCommodore

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 33):
yeah...but we get stuck with morons like Briggs & Dutton.

Yeah... but at least they are not armed with guns, just an odd foot in the mouth syndrome, which could be argued anyway I guess.

jetwet1

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Quoting seb146 (Reply 30):
I saw this meme on FB and could not share it fast enough!

Yep

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 33):
not much to do in winter? wonder who's running the ranch while these clowns stage a sit in in Oregon?

The father still runs the ranch, the boys....They can stay out of Nevada for all I care.

Nevada is an amazing place in that regards, you have Vegas and to a certain extent the Reno area that are major metropolitan areas, go 50 miles outside of them though and you are back in the redneck deep south.

DocLightning
Topic Author

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:25 pm

I disagree. The idea that you can be tried, sentenced, sent to jail and serve time, be released, and then be sent back to jail for the same crime is definitely screwed up.

They lost their appeal. The criminal justice system needs to move faster, but I'd bet these guys don't want to raise taxes to fund it. Nor do you. So deal with it.

I do want to raise taxes. I think everyone should get a trial started within 90 days even for capital crimes and appeals on a similar timescale.

In Oakland they went right down a street two blocks from ours. They weren't looting homes. Wasn't worried at all.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

StarAC17

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Quoting jetwet1 (Reply 29):

I'm going to add in Oregon and in January. Probably kind of cold for anyone to care.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 32):
If someone feels the government is riding roughshod over their rights, you fight in the courts, not through violence.

These people don't think intelligently and I think they want to be Martyrs to show others that the US Federal government is Tyrannical.

Where if they had a legitimate case they could probably get libertarian minded lawyers at a dime a dozen to take the feds to court (probably pro-bono for the publicity) and perhaps get it in-front of the SCOTUS.

In reality there is no legal basis so Jim Bob needs to show he is being oppressed because he feels he is and needs to find a reason.

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 34):
From what I have read, the original grievance is that they don't agree with federal land (especially not as a nature preserve). They want that the federal government gives the land tolocal authorities to be distributed among the farmers and miners to be used (e.g. for farming, lumber, mining or hunting).

Yeah and as EA CO AS said, those matters are decided in the courtroom and not by taking a federal building hostage.

The US should be used to it, their national pastime shouldn't be baseball but suing people over anything and everything    
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

seb146

RE:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Quoting jetwet1 (Reply 36):
Nevada is an amazing place in that regards, you have Vegas and to a certain extent the Reno area that are major metropolitan areas, go 50 miles outside of them though and you are back in the redneck deep south.

Ditto for Oregon and Washington. I think that is why this terror cell decided on this bird sanctuary in Harney County. They probably felt that the people would be sympathetic to their cause. And it is close to the scene of the original crime. I lived in Burns for three months. The average citizen is far right extremist, but not like this!

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 32):
Using legal means to reduce or eliminate your tax burden isn't.

Read: buying Congress.

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 34):
They want that the federal government gives the land tolocal authorities to be distributed among the farmers and miners to be used (e.g. for farming, lumber, mining or hunting).

If that were to happen, what they would find is corporations bending those rules to kick out all the farmers, ranchers, and hunters.

There is a whole lot of empty space out there to hunt, farm, and graze. It seems to me they are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

DocLightning
Topic Author

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:15 am

So evidently, the Hammond brothers have surrendered to authorities and state (via their attorneys) that the group having taken over the wildlife reserve is not acting on their behalf or at their request. The LDS Church (has it been pointed out that these are Mormons?) has also disavowed them and states that in no way does the Church endorse or defend these actions.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/oreg...r-surrender-to-authorities-report/

So quite literally, these nuts are rebels without a cause.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

BMI727

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:09 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 3):
No need to give them the armed confrontation they want. Give them a few opportunities to surrender to authorities peacefully - if they won't do that, I'm sure the Air National Guard needs some target practice. No reason to risk law enforcement lives in a shootout when there's no chance of collateral damage.

So I guess we're not outraged by the "militarization of police" anymore then?

I suggest also blasting Guns 'N' Roses.

What is the difference between these guys in Oregon and what happened in Fergison or Baltimore?

Exactly nothing.

That said, a QuikTrip is exponentially more valuable than any bird sanctuary.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

DocLightning
Topic Author

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:45 am

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 42):

I suggest also blasting Guns 'N' Roses.

Nickelback.

Depends on how it's used. I'm for using the national guard to put down insurrection and rebellion and the police to stop ordinary crime. I also disagree with how many people on the left are calling for military-style action. Just because Black people are being unnecessarily killed doesn't mean that sacrificial white blood must be shed to balance it out. There are ways to get this to end peacefully without unnecessary bloodshed. A siege is the best way. If they all decide to drink poison or burn the place down with themselves inside it, at least it won't be as a direct result of government action, but rather an act of passivity.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:58 am

Quoting seb146 (Reply 39):
There is a whole lot of empty space out there to hunt, farm, and graze. It seems to me they are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

From what (little) I understand the federal government subsidizes all of those grazing rights, in which case I'd say give them the rights but make them pay. That said, the Bundys clearly have a history of not paying. What a surprise!

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 38):
These people don't think intelligently and I think they want to be Martyrs to show others that the US Federal government is Tyrannical.
Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 43):

Now I figured many right leaning posters would feel attacked in this thread but let's not muddy the waters too much here... sure these guys are to the right...

Sean Hannity, Megyn Kelly, Fox News, and the rest of the right jumped up Cliven Bundy's rear end so fast the last time that it took them a good long time to spelunk their way back out once Bundy started telling blacks to get back to the cotton fields. These people are not out of touch with a large number of GOP candidates and it's only a matter of time before they figure out how to pin this on the secret Muslim/Catholic in the White House.

Mir

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:46 am

I'm very much against the militarization of police against unarmed people in the streets, yes. That's not what's going on here. If you don't want to deal with a militarized police, don't arm yourselves and threaten to shoot at them if they try to force you out.

-Mir

seb146

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:48 am

Private citizens own more firepower than police or military. So, why should private citizens be in fear and be calling for armed insurrection?

It is very easy for citizens to overthrow the government. It is called elections.

Problem is: the main stream media refuses to be neutral and present all the facts.

Look at the hatred toward Democrats.

"Oh, but web sites!!!!" yeah, whatever.... Why are Republicans in control of Congress?

johnboy

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 am

aerorobnz

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:05 am

Barricade the visitors centre with bricks and barbed wire with military around the outside and starve them out like the Siege of Leningrad.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

flyingturtle

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:11 pm

Visit Blaine Cooper's Facebook page. He's calling them to mail in snacks, camouflage suits, winter socks, energy drinks and other supplies...

...via the government-run USPS.

This must be a prime example of the "well organized militia", then.

Seeing that there is no woman among those nuts, I'm mailing them one condom... otherwise, I'd run into weight restrictions.   Spread the love!

David

[Edited 2016-01-05 05:18:56]
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

BMI727

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 45):
Nickelback.

Cop lives matter.

Quoting Mir (Reply 47):
I'm very much against the militarization of police against unarmed people in the streets, yes. That's not what's going on here.

Fine but that's not what went on in Ferguson either.

Quoting seb146 (Reply 48):
Problem is: the main stream media refuses to be neutral and present all the facts.

Look at the hatred toward Democrats.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe people genuinely think the Democrats are pushing bad policy? Do you really think that the only reason anyone would disagree with Democratic policy is just because they don't know better?

Quoting seb146 (Reply 48):
Why are Republicans in control of Congress?

We citizens overthrew the government.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?