Rara
Topic Author

So Who Of You Would Vote For Trump?

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 pm

With Donald Trump having won one primary already and leading the polls in most of the states yet to vote, it looks like he may become the Republic nominee in the upcoming election. That would be something that most of us would have considered next to impossible just a few months ago.

Now, part of me is rather entertained by Trump's willful insanity and just wants to see the world burn. On the other hand, I really do feel with the voters who are dead-set against Hillary Clinton and want to elect a credible right-wing candidate. So in a way, I really would feel sorry for many of you, if Trump is actually nominated to run.

So I'm curious. If that actually happens, if it's Trump versus Clinton in November: who of you non-Clinton types would actually consider voting for the Donald? And if not, what will you likely do? Abstain from voting? Third-party candidate?
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

SpaceshipDC10

RE: So Who Of You Would Vote For Trump?

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:43 pm

Who? Never heard of...  

mt99

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:49 pm

I think that the mentality of the Trump voter is identical to the Bernie Sanders voters

Both group call for a scorched earth ideals, destroy everything, don't give a damn about practical issues on HOW promises get actually implemented
Step into my office, baby

D L X

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 2):

I think that the mentality of the Trump voter is identical to the Bernie Sanders voters

Both group call for a scorched earth ideals, destroy everything, don't give a damn about practical issues on HOW promises get actually implemented

Sounds like the perspective of a republican.

ArmitageShanks

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:10 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 2):

I think a lot of the rhetoric from both sides is because its still primary season. Even with Trump, who I really believe is pretty moderate in his actual beliefs, will tone it down if things really start to look like he's going to be the one. If you go back in history and read about his actual stances it'll show he's the most moderate republican in it.

That said, if It came down to Trump vs Hillary I really don't know who I'd go with right now. I think Hillary is probably the better choice but she's so hateable and such a phony politician. Part of me just wants to vote for trump to see if that'll shake up and change the way our 2 party system works. In the end though it probably wont change my life in any huge way regardless of who gets in.

[Edited 2016-02-17 11:11:42]

mt99

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 3):

HELL TO THE NO.. I am Hillary supporter.. Kasich at a push if i have too.

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 4):
think a lot of the rhetoric from both sides is because its still primary season. Even with Trump, who I really believe is pretty moderate in his actual beliefs, will tone it down if things really start to look like he's going to be the one. If you go back in history and read about his actual stances it'll show he's the most moderate republican in it.

I think its beyond that.. their extremist message is actually resonating with the people!

The candidates might very well be more moderate, but what surprised me is the response from people. The situation tells more about the supporters than about the candiates

Adipasquale

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 2):

The difference is that Bernie Sanders is not spouting our racist, xenophobic, Isalmophobic BS.
DH8A DH8B CR1 CR2 CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E75 E90 D93 M88 319 320 321 333 343 712 732 733 734 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 77L 77W

flyingturtle

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:28 pm

I would vote for Trump in any primary school, cactus or circus!

Trump vs. Sanders is the showdown I wish for.

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

N776AU

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:31 pm

I'll vote for anyone over Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.
Careful, doors are closing, and will not reopen. Please wait for the next train.

mt99

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Quoting adipasquale (Reply 6):
The difference is that Bernie Sanders is not spouting our racist, xenophobic, Isalmophobic BS.

But the mentality is the same.

What they think is completely different - but the The way of thinking is the same.

Quoting N776AU (Reply 8):

Seriously? Even Cuban/Canadian Rafael Cruz?

727LOVER

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 pm

I might vote for Trump because it would be hilarious!

Why don't you just say you'll vote Republican?

EWWWW

https://monstersandfools.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/cruz-meme.jpg
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

910A

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 9):

Seriously? Even Cuban/Canadian Rafael Cruz?

Apparently someone isn't serious about his future if he is willing to vote for Cruz, or Carson.

[Edited 2016-02-17 11:54:30]

rfields5421

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Trump's record might be of a moderate, but I don't think Donald understands how limited his power to actually implement things would be in the White House.

He's used to being the decision maker. His Yes/ No is final.

The President of the United States doesn't have that power. The President must work with other people.

Heck, if the President chooses to change a policy totally within his power as head of the Executive Branch, he still has to find a way to make all the career government workers actually implement the policy change. The inertia against change within government agencies is incredible.

That said - I see Donald's current campaign rhetoric as a job interview. He wants to be a TV star, and what better position to become the leading 'critic' of the next administration than to have failed to obtain the Republican Party nomination.

So I don't worry about voting for Trump.

Even if he were to somehow receive the party nomination, he would balk at the party platform, and find himself running against the Republican Party - because the candidate has only limited input on the party official position and goals.

I have a mentally disabled brother, age 55 - Downs Syndrome. The community group which manages his group home and the day facility does a calendar as an annual fund raiser. For Nov 2016, Stan is standing on the country courthouse steps surrounded by signs saying "Vote for Stan" and "Stan's the Man"

If it is a choice between Donald and Hillary, I'll write in Stan.

Flighty

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 2):

Corruption is engrained. Costing everyone money, costing many lives...

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 10):
EWWWW

Lol

Quoting Rara (Thread starter):
Now, part of me is rather entertained by Trump's willful insanity and just wants to see the world burn

Some of us think "the world" is more than just the employees of the US government. Establishment candidates on both sides are cultural elitists who despise the majority of the US citizen population. The citizens have been shafted again and again by both major parties. Both parties agree that wages for common people should be as low as possible and govt spending (in effect, taxes) should be as high as possible. This has meant the living standards of average people have fallen, while government affiliated people have seen their living standards and power soar to near-godlike levels, wielding trillions of dollars from a giant firehose, often by extralegal, totally unaccountable means.

There is also common agreement between the parties that small and medium size businesses should be bled dry and basically eliminated, in favor of government-affiliated megacorp multinationals, who enjoy immunity from local laws.

D L X

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 5):

Quoting D L X (Reply 3):

HELL TO THE NO.. I am Hillary supporter..

Then I'm surprised you would equate Bernie to Trump. Oh wait, no I'm not. There are a lot of Hillary supporters that simply look down their noses at Bernie's supporters as if they are better than them. Then they wonder why Bernie seems to be doing so well. (Hint: that's the answer!!)

zckls04

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Quoting rfields5421 (Reply 12):

If it's Trump or Sanders, Stan's getting my vote!

Quoting D L X (Reply 14):
Then I'm surprised you would equate Bernie to Trump. Oh wait, no I'm not. There are a lot of Hillary supporters that simply look down their noses at Bernie's supporters as if they are better than them. Then they wonder why Bernie seems to be doing so well. (Hint: that's the answer!!)

In other words his support hinges on the perception of victimhood rather than a critical analysis of his policy. I'd have to agree.
Four Granavox Turbines!

LMP737

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:20 pm

When it comes to Hillary Clinton I guess you could say I'm agnostic. However if the eventual choice is Clinton or Trump it looks like I'm voting for her. While most of what Trump says is non-sense and his ideas idiotic if he were to become president and implement some of those ideas it would a great deal of damage to the US.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

mt99

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Quoting zckls04 (Reply 15):
If it's Trump or Sanders, Stan's getting my vote!

Stan get my vote too!

My 35 yo sister, also has Down Syndrome  
Quoting zckls04 (Reply 15):
In other words his support hinges on the perception of victimhood rather than a critical analysis of his policy. I'd have to agree.

That is awsome. I love this.

Rara
Topic Author

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:54 pm

I have a mentally disabled brother, age 55 - Downs Syndrome. The community group which manages his group home and the day facility does a calendar as an annual fund raiser. For Nov 2016, Stan is standing on the country courthouse steps surrounded by signs saying "Vote for Stan" and "Stan's the Man"

Good on you, and good on Stan!   

Tally so far: we've got one Yes to Trump, and one Maybe.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Quoting mt99 (Reply 5):
The situation tells more about the supporters than about the candiates

Misspelling the word "candidates" tells us what about you? That Hillary supports aren't as smart as they think they are?

[Edited 2016-02-17 15:13:20]

zckls04

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:43 pm

Quoting DLFREEBIRD (Reply 19):
Misspelling the word "candidates" tells us what about you? That Hillary supports aren't as smart as they think they are?

That's obviously a typo, not a misspelling.
Four Granavox Turbines!

casinterest

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:58 pm

supports aren't as smart as they

I am going to go with the "supports" being a grammatical error ..So what does that say? Two wrongs make a left?

I'd try not to vote for Trump, unless he convinced the UN to give the US a 18 trillion dollar debt bailout.
Where ever you go, there you are.

WarRI1

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:02 am

Quoting casinterest (Reply 21):
I'd try not to vote for Trump, unless he convinced the UN to give the US a 18 trillion dollar debt bailout.

Realistically, that is about what it would take for me to vote Republican these days. A bunch of beauties, they make Romney look good and that is a stretch.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

photopilot

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:25 am

Asking publically who would vote for Trump is sort of like asking people to publically declare they're an imbecile.

While I can't vote in a US election, I'd love to see Hillary win just to see Bill referred to as what.... First Husband, First Dude, First Man?

mt99

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:26 am

Misspelling the word "candidates" tells us what about you? That Hillary supports aren't as smart as they think they are

Possibly. Just like your comment shows how Bernies supporters can be petty and may have an inferiority complex

Adipasquale

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 am

Quoting photopilot (Reply 23):
While I can't vote in a US election, I'd love to see Hillary win just to see Bill referred to as what.... First Husband, First Dude, First Man?

First Gentleman is I believe what his title would be.
DH8A DH8B CR1 CR2 CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E75 E90 D93 M88 319 320 321 333 343 712 732 733 734 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 77L 77W

DocLightning

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:37 am

Quoting adipasquale (Reply 25):

First Gentleman is I believe what his title would be.

Or: "Mr President."
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

rfields5421

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:16 am

Technically a former president should be referred to as The Honorable Mr. Clinton, or just Mr. Clinton, but we all know the media especially uses the term President for all of them.

Mr President or President ________ should only be used to refer to the current person holding the office.

However, if Hillary were to become President, Bill might nor might not be the head of the Office of the First Lady - a legally defined White House position. (It is conceivable that Chelsea could assume the duties of First Lady with Bill continuing in his role as a former President.)

Ken777

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:39 am

Be careful of what you are hoping for. Bernie will not be very dangerous after Congress totally shoots down all of his wet reams. Hillary, on the other hand, will have

Quoting 910A (Reply 11):
Apparently someone isn't serious about his future if he is willing to vote for Cruz, or Carson.

Or that kid Rubio.

Quoting rfields5421 (Reply 27):
Mr President or President ________ should only be used to refer to the current person holding the office.

Current normal approach is to use the office after an office holder leaves office. "Governor", "Senator" or "President" is today's courtesy, which is why President Bush was introduced that way this week.

Tugger

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:23 am

Trump's record might be of a moderate, but I don't think Donald understands how limited his power to actually implement things would be in the White House.

Oh I think he knows that exactly and intends to use that fully.... to explain why he can't get anything done. After all the things he's said or promised or committed to you can bet he is fully counting on obstacles to prevent him from having to keep them... and for him to rail against those obstacles....

I'll vote for anyone over

And this sums up the core problem we have nowadays. People are basing their votes on who they DON'T like, who they DON'T agree with instead of what the candidates stand for, the wisdom of their positions, and their ability to work with others and lead.

So what does that say? Two wrongs make a left?

Well I am sure most Republicans will agree with that. 
give the US a 18 trillion dollar debt bailout.

It's actually closer to $14.5 trillion (based on the current $19 trillion number) because $4.5 trillion is market debt that will mature and automatically pay off.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

mham001

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:58 am

I have never liked Trump personally. I did read his first book years ago but I dislike the bombastry. There have been a few times though in this campaign when he has really shined through as someone who understands what is going on in middle america. And sometimes that bombastry is exactly what we need. He is also a leader, like him or not and that is also what we need. He could be our next Ronald Reagan with more business sense.

I could accept Bernie because over Hillary because he has no power to do anything, but that too would make him a poor choice. No way in hell would I vote for Hillary, she showed both her power and poor decision-making in Libya, followed by blatant lies about her computer. She may yet fall for that, there could be a late. dark horse.

LAX772LR

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:57 am

I'm for Hillary, and she has my vote.

If she does not get the Democrat(ic) nomination, then I'll consider Kasich if he's on the GOP ticket, but would also consider Sanders.

In any other scenario, I'll begrudgingly vote for Sanders.

I would not vote for Rubio, Cruz, or especially another Bush.
Ben Carson is a joke. I won't even dishonor the concept of the vote by claiming he'd ever have a chance in hell of receiving it.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Tugger

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:01 am

If Trump were elected (which I believe has zero actual chance of happening) at BEST he will do for the USA what Arnold Schwarzenegger did for California.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

777Jet

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:50 am

I'll be voting, hopefully for Trump, using a FPCA through the FVAP.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

StarAC17

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Quoting Rara (Thread starter):
I really do feel with the voters who are dead-set against Hillary Clinton and want to elect a credible right-wing candidate. So in a way, I really would feel sorry for many of you, if Trump is actually nominated to run.

There are no credible right wing candidates.

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 4):
That said, if It came down to Trump vs Hillary I really don't know who I'd go with right now. I think Hillary is probably the better choice but she's so hateable and such a phony politician.

I think Hillary would do an outstanding job as president because she would work her hardest to get stuff done and likely be more engaging to congress than Obama but her biggest liability is that in order to be elected president you have to be America's pitchman and she is poor at that.

the POTUS has the least power of democratically elected head of states in the world.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 13):
Both parties agree that wages for common people should be as low as possible and govt spending (in effect, taxes) should be as high as possible. This has meant the living standards of average people have fallen, while government affiliated people have seen their living standards and power soar to near-godlike levels, wielding trillions of dollars from a giant firehose, often by extralegal, totally unaccountable means.

The reason for this is the money that has contaminated politics. Congress is bought off and will not pass any legislation for any jobs program to rebuild infrastructure or do other things to get the economy going. Adding to that the average citizen doesn't give a damn about the size of government but what they do care about is whom is that government working for and it is the Koch's, the Walton's and Exxon Mobil.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 13):
There is also common agreement between the parties that small and medium size businesses should be bled dry and basically eliminated, in favor of government-affiliated megacorp multinationals, who enjoy immunity from local laws.

Again look at the money in politics as we have legislation on the books to punish multinationals whom overpower the small and medium sized businesses and drive them out but no action is taken because every congressman or woman is bought off to not take action against anti-competitive behaviour.

Quoting mham001 (Reply 30):
I did read his first book years ago but I dislike the bombastry. There have been a few times though in this campaign when he has really shined through as someone who understands what is going on in middle america. And sometimes that bombastry is exactly what we need. He is also a leader, like him or not and that is also what we need. He could be our next Ronald Reagan with more business sense.

Yeah I don't trust a guy whom has overseen 4 businesses go into bankruptcy and there have been numerous reports that had he put all of the money that he inherited into an index fund he would be far wealthier. The bombastry is entertaining and all but how is it going to fair on a world stage where many regions less need the United States or just plain despise the country. Also he is so unbelievably thin skinned and that might look like strength to some but if you want to get things done on a global scale insults aren't going to get you very far.

He does make some good points as does Sanders that middle America is getting screwed but the similarities end there. He blames immigrants and China and Sanders points the finger at Money in politics whose side you take depends on your perspective.

Us Canadians remember Rob Ford and Trump behaves in a lot of ways like he did and the job of running a city was too much for Rob Ford and that bombastic attitude only took him so far until the Toronto city council simply ignored him. I see that happening to Trump with congress and the world if he maintains the same attitude that I can get things done because I'm Donald Trump.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

DeltaMD90

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:49 pm

I try and vote for who I like (even if it's third party) and not merely voting for someone because I dislike the other guy... Trump and Cruz are the other guys that are so bad I would vote for whoever has the best chance at defeating them

That being said, if it was somehow Trump vs Cruz (I know that would never happen, just a hypothetical) I'd vote for Trump, that's how bad Cruz is IMO. But again, that would never ever happen, so no, I would never vote for Trump  

LMP737

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

He is also a leader, like him or not and that is also what we need.

Insulting, mocking and calling people names does not make you a leader, it makes you a bully.

He could be our next Ronald Reagan with more business sense.

Two things. One, what was so great about Reagan and two Trump got to where he is because of daddy's money.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

teme82

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm glad that the Pope took a stand while he was in Mexico. Basically denouncing Trump as a christian.
Flying high and low

pvjin

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Quoting teme82 (Reply 37):
I'm glad that the Pope took a stand while he was in Mexico. Basically denouncing Trump as a christian.

I think that was a bad move, being a jerk doesn't make you a bad Christian. Especially in the old testament God had no problem committing genocide, killing innocent people and being intolerant in many ways. The new testament is a bit better, but still hardly a great piece of tolerance. Just a few hundred years ago Catholics had no problem with slaughtering Protestants over bunch of petty differences, and the other way around. And let's not forget what Christians have done to Native Indian populations in the Americas. Being a Christian clearly doesn't equal being a tolerant, kind and compassionate person, not at all. Trump is Christian, just like ISIS is Islamic.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:18 pm

Possibly. Just like your comment shows how Bernies supporters can be petty and may have an inferiority complex

This thread started out innocent enough. However, some took it as a opportunity to make fun of other people's choices. Maybe i'm naive, but i don't think that' was the OP intent.

When you said, Bernie's supports are as dumb as Donald. and spelled the word candidates wrong. Maybe i should of ignored the elephant in the room. Now it looks like you want to get into a insult fight. Not going to happen. Peace Out.

jfklganyc

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 pm

It's a political thread. What did you expect?

Civility and educated responses????

Bernie is not going to get elected because he labels himself as "socialist." It just doesn't fly with a majority of Americans because we have seen it in action around the world...and don't like the results.

Hillary likely has the best shot. But poll after poll shows people just don't trust her. That could be a problem.

On the GOP side, it is looking increasingly likely that Trump could be the nominee. But Cruz or Rubio can still come from behind and grab it. It is looking increasingly likely that the most electable Republican, Bush, will not get the GOP nod.

Finally, could Bloomberg play spoiler? That is a wild card. While he has no chance of winning, he has the ability to grab disgusted, centrist voters from both sides and if he grabs enough, can hurt someone in a Trump vs Clinton election.

Long story short, whatever side you are on, stay tuned...the show is just beginning.

777Jet

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:43 am

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 34):
There are no credible right wing candidates.

And you think the left has credible candidates?

One is Hillary Clinton.

The other is using crowd pleasing rhetoric similar to Trump (who you say above is not credible).

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 34):
I think Hillary would do an outstanding job as president because she would work her hardest to get stuff done

Especially through her personal e-mail account and with the help of her friends.

Quoting teme82 (Reply 37):

What a tacky and disgraceful comment for the leader of the Catholic Church to say.

Shows how easily the Pope can bite.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

rfields5421

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:26 am

Someone above mentioned that the vote in the United States has turned more to voting against a candidate rather than voting for a candidate.

As far as the US Presidential race goes - I really don't have a decision capable vote.

I vote in Texas, and Ted Cruz has a strong lead over Trump in the state. It appears that Trump may not plan to campaign in Texas, but in other states where he has a lead in the polls (Cruz is the candidate I see as a greater threat to the nation than Trump)

I'll vote for another Republican Presidential contender - mainly because there are is a congressional candidate in my district on the Republican side that I want to vote for. Otherwise I've vote Democrat and vote against Hillary.

As far as the General Election in November, whomever has the Republican nomination will win in Texas and get the electoral votes. Texas won't even be contested by the Democrats. So it doesn't matter whom I vote for / against.

dragon-wings

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:38 am

It is my belief that if Trump becomes president one of two things will happen.

1. He des or says something that will embarrass the US on the world stage
2. He does or says something that will get himself impeached
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

airtran737

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

He's got my vote. I personally like that he isn't loyal to lobbyists or beltway bullshit. He's his own man. He says the things the people think, but don't have the balls to say. The good thing (as others have pointed out), is that he can't just do all of the things that he says. He has a Congress that will keep him in check. Trump will surround himself with the absolute best people that he can get to form a cabinet. He's not a politician, he's a businessman, and that's what we need right now. We need someone who is going to fix the roads & bridges, build the national infrastructure back to what it was when we were an industrial giant, not give things away because it makes people feel good. We need someone who doesn't believe that everyone has to go to college, and that the government should pick up the tab. Sure he says stupid things now and then, and that is why the common man relates to him. He tells it like it is. It's like talking to your average Joe who is sick and tired of being fed a line of crap.
http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/08/24/6357598666744843661458552016_trump-univision.imgopt1000x70.jpg

[Edited 2016-02-19 07:34:46]
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

jetwet1

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:05 pm

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 41):
Especially through her personal e-mail account and with the help of her friends.

Please try an remember, GW Bush did exactly the same thing, his team just deleted a lot more emails than Hilary's.

GWB43.com Goggle it.

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 36):
what was so great about Reagan

He would make a fine President today, however he would be considered a Democrat.

Anyways, Kaisch for me, if not him then Hilary.

rfields5421

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 43):
1. He des or says something that will embarrass the US on the world stage

Duh.. Every president does that at some point. We in the US actually have very little understanding most of the time about how much our politicians embarrass the nation/people across the world.

Quoting dragon-wings (Reply 43):
2. He does or says something that will get himself impeached

Remember impeachment is just a like being charged - a grand jury indictment. Most presidents technically could be impeached.

However, conviction and removal of office takes a real CRIME and I think since Donald has stayed our of jail this far with all his financial sleight of hand and bankruptcies of companies and such - he would probably be able to avoid a crime that would allow him to be convicted by the Senate.

(Also, when our nation spent two years, close to 100 million dollars and locked up the government for doing anything for a year for the Clinton Impeachment Trial - it embarrassed the nation on the world stage - not Clinton's action which was a minor issue - but that we would waste so much on such a minor deal.)

DeltaMD90

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Quoting airtran737 (Reply 44):
He says the things the people think, but don't have the balls to say.

Um he says the things many vile people think, I don't see that as a good point. In fact, most of the ballsy things he says are just plain awful

The good thing (as others have pointed out), is that he can't just do all of the things that he says. He has a Congress that will keep him in check.

Again, I don't see that as much of a selling point. A racist (yes, racist, I don't use that word often because it's over used) and borderline fascist is not too much of a threat because Congress will block some of his draconian ideas. Nice

Sure he says stupid things now and then, and that is why the common man relates to him.

Again, I think you're being very broad when you say the common man. I do not believe the "common man" is as bad as he is. Maybe a common far right winger man

Adipasquale

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Quoting DLFREEBIRD (Reply 39):

This thread started out innocent enough. However, some took it as a opportunity to make fun of other people's choices. Maybe i'm naive, but i don't think that' was the OP intent.

When you said, Bernie's supports are as dumb as Donald. and spelled the word candidates wrong. Maybe i should of ignored the elephant in the room. Now it looks like you want to get into a insult fight. Not going to happen. Peace Out.

The text quoted as mine is not actually my comment, not sure how that happened, but I just want to point that out. If you look at reply 25, it is about calling Bill Clinton the First Gentleman.

Adipasquale

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:47 pm

He's not a politician, he's a businessman, and that's what we need right now. We need someone who is going to fix the roads & bridges, build the national infrastructure back to what it was when we were an industrial giant,

Mr. Trump's business right now consists more or less of running a licensing company that slaps his name on things from buildings to clothes. I'm not sure he really has much business know how. What Mr. Trump is very good at is promoting himself.