Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jacobin777

RE: Zika Virus Experts Say The Olympics Must Be Moved

Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:22 am

Quoting pvjin (Reply 3):
even if Zika spreads all around the world it's not such a big deal compared to problems

Tell that to the parents who's children are suffering from microcephaly.

Quoting winterlight (Reply 4):

You have to wonder if Zika was originally man made just like Ebola.

It wasn't..and neither was Ebola.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 8):
Now, as a physician with a graduate degree in molecular biology who did molecular virology research, I can tell you that humanity is nowhere NEAR being able to design a virus from scratch.

I did research on the Ebola virus for my graduate infectious disease class. Its a very interesting virus (like its less lethal cousin the marburg virus). There is NO way any person today, let alone 1/2 century ago would have been able to construct the virus..from the EBOV glycoprotein to the RNA dependent RNA polymerase, etc.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 31):
I'd say he's right, even if it were possible to do what the conspiracies say, an agent like Zika would simply mean that they failed badly.

"Up the Irons!"

pvjin

Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Quoting jacobin777 (Reply 50):
Tell that to the parents who's children are suffering from microcephaly.

Isn't it possible to just abort a fetus suffering from it?
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Okie

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:38 am

Reuters reporting "super bacteria" in the waters at Olympic venues.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ol...erbacteria-exclusive-idUSKCN0YW2E8

More $hit to worry about at the Olympics.

Okie

QFA380

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:05 am

Olympics won't be moved. You need overwhelming pressure, until and unless NOCs and athletes say they won't attend, it'll go ahead in Rio as planned.

Quoting pvjin (Reply 3):
if Zika spreads all around the world it's not such a big deal compared to problems that actually threaten our very existence, such as overpopulation.

You do this in every thread yet every time we see you haven't done your own personal part in combatting overpopulation yet want others to bear the burden of depopulating the earth with their own miserable deaths; so you can sit at home toasting how sustainable we've become since ridding ourselves of those pesky Africans.

pvjin

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:50 am

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 53):
You do this in every thread yet every time we see you haven't done your own personal part in combatting overpopulation yet want others to bear the burden of depopulating the earth with their own miserable deaths; so you can sit at home toasting how sustainable we've become since ridding ourselves of those pesky Africans.

Hey, I believe in equality. If I became the dictator of the planet whatever population control measures I would start, they would be completed in equal proportions all around the world. Those pesky Africans are no worse or less important than us here in the west, and their societies and cultures are in many ways probably healthier than ours.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr