Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rj777
Topic Author

Tim Tebow helps with Emergency on DL1772

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:53 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/tim- ... ?cid=sm_fb

Tebow apparently helped after a man lost consciousness on DL1772. He helped comfort the man's family and led the entire section in prayer. You don't see much good news of NFL players recently with the whole Manziel mess going on. Way to go, Tim! Such a humble guy to come from business class to help.

IPFreely

Re: Tim Tebow helps with Emergency on DL1772

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:16 am

rj777 wrote:
You don't see much good news of NFL players recently with the whole Manziel mess going on.

Tim Tebow is not an NFL player, he's an ex-NFL player. Just like Johnny Manziel.

johnboy

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:49 am

I won't throw shade his way (too much)....but it's a bit of a stretch to say he helped with an emergency.
Perhaps he Tebow'd afterwards for everyone's pleasure.

copparron

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:51 am

I began following airliners.net shortly after the British gave Hong Kong back to the Chinese :) I have truly loved reading everything aviation related. Especially the numerous A v B fights. I have never felt the need to post until now. While Tim Tebow did not play long in the NFL, he did and ultimately he is a good person. I can't for the life of me understand why someone feels that the most important item they can bring to this forum topic is the fact that he no longer plays in the NFL, much less compare him to the J. Manziel. Civil aviation is remarkable and the human sprit has always been present in every aspect, not just in exploration but also what it has done to help everyone. The people who acted on this flight embody that.

ASFlyer

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:51 am

rj777 wrote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/tim-tebow-helps-passengers-during-flight-medical-emergency-n599931?cid=sm_fb

Tebow apparently helped after a man lost consciousness on DL1772. He helped comfort the man's family and led the entire section in prayer. You don't see much good news of NFL players recently with the whole Manziel mess going on. Way to go, Tim! Such a humble guy to come from business class to help.

What did he do? He prayed. How about those Flight Attendants and passengers that tended to the passenger who apparently required CPR, amongst other things. Sounds like they were the ones that actually saved the passenger.

jetwet1

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:58 am

Hang on people, while I am no fan of Tebow and his lack of on the field skills, he did do a good thing (comforting the family) to maybe cutting him a small break here is in order ?

And it certainly is better than tweeting "OMG, I thought we were all going to die"

DocLightning

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:59 am

You can pray in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one fills first. Meanwhile, someone like me would be actually working on the patient.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

b747400erf

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:08 am

He's running for office, so he goes out of his way to do public things like this.

ODwyerPW

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:15 am

DocLightning wrote:
You can pray in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one fills first. Meanwhile, someone like me would be actually working on the patient.

Doc,
I'm a generous guy. A resourceful guy. A nice guy. Never at a loss to work with my mind or my bare hands. A self made man and my own man. I'm comfortable in my own skin. But, I'm not an EMT and possess only rudimentary knowledge of what to do in a life-threatening medical situation. So, I'd probably be resigned to offering comfort to nearby friends and family, while those with real skills (perhaps like yourself) attend to the real emergency at hand. Maybe TeBowie is aware of his limitations and just does what he can do. Cut him a little slack.
Peter
learning never stops.

MaverickM11

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Shoulda grabbed a ouija board, essential oils, and dousing rod too and really gone to town
I don't take responsibility at all

tjwgrr

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Wow, amazed at the harsh words and hostility against Tebow for comforting the family by being compassionate and caring. I guess he should have stayed hidden in biz class and acted like most of the other pompous celebs who only care about themselves.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

NOLAWildcat

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:14 pm

I generally like Tebow (despite his jump pass to beat LSU several years ago), but I'll admit I do find his "in your face" evangelicalism somewhat tiring even if I respect his sincerity regarding it.

But don't blame Tebow for reporting that seemingly places more focus on him than it does on the medical professionals on that flight that did help the ailing passenger.
Besides, even if I'm not necessarily the prayin' type, if I were the ailing passenger in question or one of his family members/friends, I'd certainly appreciate Tebow's effort on my behalf.

So sure, while I'd agree that the "young medical professional" mentioned in the article is the one that should being receiving praise, it doesn't necessarily mean Tebow should he slammed. In fact, I'm pleased that he acted in a concerning situation in a manner he felt to be best to help those on the flight.

etops1

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 pm

What does this have to do with airplanes ?

EWRCabincrew

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Had this been a "regular" person, this would have never been mentioned in the press. So he guided people to prayer. Kudos for hm. Newsworthy, only because he is newsworthy. Medical emergencies happen all the time and the people that do assist or come to the aid are never recognized in the press. As a crew member, I am BEYOND grateful that people like "Doc" (as one poster referred to him) are on board and do assist. My gratitude and thankfulness is unending.

I think this story being newsworthy is a bit much.
You can't cure stupid

rbavfan

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:53 pm

rj777 wrote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/tim-tebow-helps-passengers-during-flight-medical-emergency-n599931?cid=sm_fb

I'm sorry but this was over reported and not correct. All the headlines said he "Helped save a passenger" all he did was pray. Funny how the less than 1% that praying helps everyone yells see prayer works & the same group for the ones that die say. Oh we tried but it was god will he died. How about he actually do something to save a mans life before he gets all this press!

33lspotter

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:55 pm

copparron wrote:
While Tim Tebow did not play long in the NFL, he did and ultimately he is a good person. I can't for the life of me understand why someone feels that the most important item they can bring to this forum topic is the fact that he no longer plays in the NFL, much less compare him to the J. Manziel.

I agree with you, and I think most of us would. Unfortunately, there are curmudgeons on here — as is true everywhere else in the world — who will look to be critical of anything that they can. C'est la vie.

jetwet1 wrote:
Hang on people, while I am no fan of Tebow and his lack of on the field skills, he did do a good thing (comforting the family) to maybe cutting him a small break here is in order?

This. Is this something that should be front-page news? I think most of us would say no. It's also true that he's not a doctor; however, nobody is saying that he performed CPR or had an AED, simply that he did something to try to help the situation. What's wrong with that?

slcpdxatl

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Channel 2 news at noon (local Atlanta news) reported that the passenger later died. I guess Tim's prayer didn't work. Shocking :roll:

rugger

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:47 pm

RIP to the poor passenger who died.

Let us pray........

DocLightning

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:51 pm

ODwyerPW wrote:
So, I'd probably be resigned to offering comfort to nearby friends and family, while those with real skills (perhaps like yourself) attend to the real emergency at hand. Maybe TeBowie is aware of his limitations and just does what he can do. Cut him a little slack.
Peter

And on that I can actually commend him. Keeping the family calm and out of the way of the people working on the patient is an important part of the job.

But the way this is reported is that he "helped save" by praying. No, he used his celebrity status as a distraction to the family, which was good of him.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

BobPatterson

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:33 pm

DocLightning said:

"But the way this is reported is that he "helped save" by praying. No, he used his celebrity status as a distraction to the family, which was good of him."

Balance, Doc, Balance....and without vulgarity (in your first post, not repeated here), which demeans you and not the subject you appear to be criticizing/attacking.

First, in neither the news item that was linked above, nor in comments by posters here, was there a claim that he attempted to "help save" anyone. It was stated that he rendered assistance "to passengers."

If you have evidence that he or anyone else claimed he attempted to "save" anyone, then please be good enough to offer that evidence.

Secondly, the news item clearly indicates that the person needing medical assistance was well attended by passengers, at least one of whom claimed some degree of medical training.

There was surely no need for you to use puffery to make yourself into a hero in absentia.

Or do you have such a need?

B.P.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Max Q

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:40 am

DocLightning wrote:

Well said, Tebow is a poser :lol:
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

PacificBeach88

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:32 am

slcpdxatl wrote:
Channel 2 news at noon (local Atlanta news) reported that the passenger later died. I guess Tim's prayer didn't work. Shocking :roll:

Google Tim Teabag and the vomit inducing headlines of the stories about this incident.

Did Tim Tebow Raise a Man From the Dead?

Delta passengers witness heroic act by Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow leaps into action during medical emergency

Former NFL star Tim Tebow and plane passengers battle to save dying man in United States

Tim Tebow’s Prayers Might Have Saved A Dying Man’s Life On An Airplane [PHOTO]

Delta passenger salutes flight crew, Tim Tebow after medical emergency | Atlanta Buzz with Jennifer Brett

GAG! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

rugger

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:11 am

Now what I find really strange about all this is that Tim Tebow also is hosting a new reality show called "Home Free". It started this week on television. Coincidental? Or just old fashioned PR?

MaverickM11

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Max Q wrote:
DocLightning wrote:

Well said, Tebow is a poser :lol:

I wonder how this story would go if Tebow pulled out his crystals
I don't take responsibility at all