Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alberchico
Topic Author

Shots fired during Dallas Black Lives Matter protest...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:33 am

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/07/07/shot ... -protests/

Wow this looks pretty bad...

Edit: Now 3 cops confirmed killed. Jesus Christ

alberchico
Topic Author

Re: Shots fired during Dallas Black Lives Matter protest...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:19 am

Aaron747

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:00 am

Totally nuts. The longer one lives overseas in a peaceful place, the more and more the US looks like a developed banana republic.

LAX772LR

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:24 am

alberchico wrote:
Edit: Now 3 cops confirmed killed.

Now 4. :(

Cadet985

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:26 am

Make that 4 :-(

seb146

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:36 am

Where were "All Lives Matter" and NRA protesters when Baton Rouge and Minneapolis Black men were murdered?

To clarify: There is no reason for snipers on cops, but I just wanted to ask about "All Lives Matter."

Revelation

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:51 am

Ref: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... do-castile

What began as a peaceful demonstration over the fatal police shootings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile plunged into chaos on Thursday night.

The city of Dallas was plunged into chaos on Thursday night as four police officers were shot dead and at least seven others were wounded when dozens of shots were fired during a downtown protest.

Dallas police chief David Brown said in a statement that “two snipers” shot at officers “from elevated positions”. Four officers were struck fatally and several of the wounded were reported to be in surgery or a critical condition.

Brown said at a press conference that the snipers appeared to have positioned themselves on perches at downtown garages during an orchestrated attack and “planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could”.

Just another aspect of deciding that the 2nd amendment means everyone can have as many guns as they want, IMHO.

Dead schoolkids in Newtown, dead cops in Dallas, all spring from the same logic, IMHO.

Cadet985

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:54 am

I'm watching CNN, and they're pointing out that absent from the press conference was ANY suggestion to the ethnicity of the shooters.....I'm wondering if this might not be ISIS.

Marc

Revelation

Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:05 am

Cadet985 wrote:
... absent from the press conference was ANY suggestion to the ethnicity of the shooters.....I'm wondering if this might not be ISIS.

Feel free to speculate away...

The only thing we know for sure is that it's incredibly easy to get your hands on a high powered sniper rifle in Texas...

N776AU

Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:18 am

Black lives matter is a domestic terrorist group.

ogre727

Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:46 am

People who say Black lives matter are a domestic terrorist group are terrorists... See what I did there?

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:58 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Totally nuts. The longer one lives overseas in a peaceful place, the more and more the US looks like a developed banana republic.

You live in Japan. It makes everywhere look like that.

Cadet985

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:55 am

N776AU wrote:
Black lives matter is a domestic terrorist group.

I know many people who share that opinion.

Marc

EA CO AS

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 am

Revelation wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:
... absent from the press conference was ANY suggestion to the ethnicity of the shooters.....I'm wondering if this might not be ISIS.

The only thing we know for sure is that it's incredibly easy to get your hands on a high powered sniper rifle in Texas...

How do you know the suspect got it in Texas? Perhaps he acquired it elsewhere? Perhaps acquiring it wasn't easy at all?

No, the only thing we know for sure is that someone decided to use a rifle to become a murderer.

Aaron747

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
You live in Japan. It makes everywhere look like that.

Totally fair play, but my fellow expats in Scandinavia, Portugal, Australia and a few other places likely feel similar.

Revelation

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Revelation wrote:

Cadet985 wrote:... absent from the press conference was ANY suggestion to the ethnicity of the shooters.....I'm wondering if this might not be ISIS.

How do you know the suspect got it in Texas? Perhaps he acquired it elsewhere? Perhaps acquiring it wasn't easy at all?

I never said the suspect(s)/murderer(s) got their sniper rifles in Texas, all I said was that it's incredibly easy to get your hands on a high powered sniper rifle in Texas, it's you who are adding the rest.

EA CO AS wrote:
No, the only thing we know for sure is that someone decided to use a rifle to become a murderer.

And if they didn't have a high powered sniper rifle the wouldn't be able to kill four cops or wound 11 from a long distance away.

The kids in Newtown and/or the school staff had even less of a chance than did those trained, professional, armed cops.

JJJ

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:29 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Revelation wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

He didn't say that. He said getting a rifle in TX is as easy as it gets. Go to a shop, pay, leave.

Actually it's so easy Mexican cartels do their shopping across the border.

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:06 am

Good guys with guns right? Amirite?

L-188

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:17 am

Sad that this had to happen, but when you consider that this happened with a racist liberal group violence was to be expected. It happens all the time with liberal demonstrations, from Anti-trump rallies, to the Occupy Now riots in Oakland, and now we have a probable couple of BLM supporters making revenge killings in Texas.

And of course we are going to get the regular group of anti-gun loosers that are members of A.net coming out here and blaming the tool used, not going after the motivation of the killers. It is the typical display of ignorance on their part. And that is all we have here a couple of killers making revenge killings. Since the BLM matter movement was supported by Obama he bears a significant level of responsibility for this shooting happening since he enabled it.

L-188

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:22 am

MaverickM11 wrote:

I love how you constantly display your ignorance about our civil rights and your complete lack of knowledge of firearms.

Completely ignoring the fact that the weapons used haven't been identified yet, (that one witness who said he/she heard a "AR" cannot in any sense be considered reliable) you don't seem to even know that it is spelled Armalite.

I suspect as a gun control nut that you are probably happy this happened tonight. Another shooting that you will no doubt propagandize to support your evil political agenda.

L-188

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:23 am

Cadet985 wrote:
I'm watching CNN, and they're pointing out that absent from the press conference was ANY suggestion to the ethnicity of the shooters.....I'm wondering if this might not be ISIS.

Marc

Probably not, I am suspecting that this is a more militant BLM group that used the backdrop of a BLM rally to go cop hunting. Not the fault of the firearms themselves but only the shooters.

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:54 am

You mean L-188 isn't saying its Obama's fault instead? yet. Progress.

Edit:: OOops, a few posts above, I missed it!! Yup. Guns don't kill people, the President's 100% correct words kill people. If only there were more guns there!

flyingturtle

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:01 am

I'm itching to hear the NRA's response to this.

They say the 2nd Amendment guarantees the citizens the access to firearms, so they can fight an oppressive government.

Black people now took their rifles, and shot and killed policemen. Isn't this justified, given that blacks are much more likely to get killed by the police than whites?

David

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:14 am

L-188 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

I love how you constantly display your ignorance about our civil rights and your complete lack of knowledge of firearms.

Completely ignoring the fact that the weapons used haven't been identified yet, (that one witness who said he/she heard a "AR" cannot in any sense be considered reliable) you don't seem to even know that it is spelled Armalite.

I suspect as a gun control nut that you are probably happy this happened tonight. Another shooting that you will no doubt propagandize to support your evil political agenda.

No so much easier to not use your brain and offer your worthless thoughts and prayers! No connection at all between the regular police officer deaths, easy access to guns, and police regularly being outgunned. Just insert your head further up your rear and ignore the obvious and pray pray pray! And while you're at it, use veteran graves to sell more guns while 70% of veteran suicides are guns, as if the NRA wasn't human garbage already.
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:16 am

L-188 wrote:
Another shooting that you will no doubt propagandize to support your evil political agenda.

Is saving people live in general an evil agenda or just saving black lives?

I would like to visit you one day, muss be awesome to meet someone that lives in a house without door looks... after all, door looks only keep law abiding citizens out, and they won´t trespass anyways..

best regards
Thomass

N757ST

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:19 am

flyingturtle wrote:

They say the 2nd Amendment guarantees the citizens the access to firearms, so they can fight an oppressive government.

Black people now took their rifles, and shot and killed policemen. Isn't this justified, given that blacks are much more likely to get killed by the police than whites?

David

Just... Wow. Two bad instances which we're tradgic are now being used as justification for revenge killings. Bravo dude.

flyingturtle

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:26 am

N757ST wrote:
Just... Wow. Two bad instances which we're tradgic are now being used as justification for revenge killings. Bravo dude.

No. I sincerely wonder why the "fight oppressive government" mantra is trotted out (and believed) when the Bundy brothers seize a visitor center in rural Oregon, but when people who actually have a cause to be worried for their own lives - the blacks citizens of the USA - use their rifles, they're still criminals.

David

solnabo

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:39 am

*sigh*....Just another day in USA :roll:

N757ST

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:53 am

solnabo wrote:
*sigh*....Just another day in USA :roll:

No, not just another day. This many cops have not been killed in one instance since 9/11. This was a planned and executed terrorist attack against the police.

pvjin

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:01 am

flyingturtle wrote:

David

Blacks are also much more likely to be criminals than whites according to statistics, so perhaps them being more likely to get killed by cops is natural. Of course there's a lot wrong with the US police forces too, but that's only part of the issue.

flyingturtle

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:18 am

pvjin wrote:
Blacks are also much more likely to be criminals than whites according to statistics, so perhaps them being more likely to get killed by cops is natural.

"Natural". This just got ugly. So, a normal cop is a racist one? And then, how many of these criminals are violent criminals to begin with?

Nope, the police should work on getting respected more, not less. When they realize they're not a class above the citizens, things will improve. The German police fired 85 bullets in 2011, killing 6 people. With a population that is only four times smaller than the US. And I promise that the US can get to the same point if the police, the NRA and the other factions would behave.

David

tommy1808

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:31 am

pvjin wrote:
Blacks are also much more likely to be criminals than whites according to statistics,

Cool, so you have a recent multivariable study at hand? Why not share it with us?

best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:37 am

flyingturtle wrote:
The German police fired 85 bullets in 2011, killing 6 people.

Well.. not quite. They fired 85 rounds in situations with criminals present, but 49 of those where warning shots, so not even fired at people.
The remaining 36 expended bullets led to 6 killed, 15 injured. The also fired some 1000 rounds at dangerous or injured animals.

Most important part, German Cops fire, on average, less than 2 bullets per shooting incident, and since cops are always pairs around here, that means often just one of a pair lost one single round. Fire discipline.

best regards
Thomas

us330

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:10 pm

L-188 wrote:
Sad that this had to happen, but when you consider that this happened with a racist liberal group violence was to be expected. It happens all the time with liberal demonstrations, from Anti-trump rallies, to the Occupy Now riots in Oakland, and now we have a probable couple of BLM supporters making revenge killings in Texas.

And of course we are going to get the regular group of anti-gun loosers that are members of A.net coming out here and blaming the tool used, not going after the motivation of the killers. It is the typical display of ignorance on their part. And that is all we have here a couple of killers making revenge killings. Since the BLM matter movement was supported by Obama he bears a significant level of responsibility for this shooting happening since he enabled it.

Just because the shooting occurred at the end of the protest doesn't mean that the protesters were involved with the shooting.

I'm a Dallas local, and all the accounts that I've read demonstrate that the protesters and the cops were actually getting along. Protesters were actually taking pictures with DPD members while holding anti police brutality signs. Once shots rang out, protesters were extremely cooperative, and one report that I've read said that the protesters actually helped the cops find one of the shooters.

jfklganyc

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 pm

German police don't walk around ghettos with people armed to the teeth. Let's take a stroll over to East New York this hot summer evening and you will quickly see what they are dealing with here.

People love to compare the US to small, homogenous European countries. The US is a huge, diverse country of 300 million people with many different sets of values.

Things that work in Germany (the honor pay system on Munichs metro system for example) simply wouldn't work in LA or Chicago or NYC.

You fail to acknowledge that difference when you compare the two countries.

tommy1808

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:37 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
German police don't walk around ghettos with people armed to the teeth. Let's take a stroll over to East New York this hot summer evening and you will quickly see what they are dealing with here.

According to fox news we have areas ruled by Sharia courts where cops don´t even go, unless they go in platoon size with armored vehicle. And bad guys always have all the guns they want.
So i don´t know what you are trying to tell us.

And that doesn´t explain why German cops, when in lethal danger, manage to expand just one or two rounds instead of whole magazines now, does it?

jfklganyc wrote:
Things that work in Germany (the honor pay system on Munichs metro system for example) simply wouldn't work in LA or Chicago or NYC.

How do you know that? We know that people become more trustworthy when they are trusted. And it is not just Munich, it is pretty much all public transport on land.

http://www.strategicleadershipinstitute ... ustworthy/

best regards
Thomas

aerorobnz

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:01 pm

If we were talking about Islamic Terrorists then we'd be saying stuff like"you can't tar all muslims with the ISUL brush" or "ISUL has has much to do with the Islamic faith as the KKK does to Christianity". How about we substitute this for "Murder of blacks has as much to with policing as ISUL terrorists have to do with Islam" or "you can't tar all police with the racist murder brush". Noone saying that??? why not??

The fact that anyone can justify murder as retribution for the (many) times blacks were murdered by completely unrelated police officers is just sick.

The police have an element of racist thugs that make it bad for all Police officers
The Black community also have an element of racist thugs that are making it bad for all blacks. Violence does not justify more violence; More blacks, more police, and probably even black police officers will die as a direct result of these assassinations today. Police will be more fearful, Blacks will be more fearful and they will all do stupid things because of that fear.

Like it or not, we are all one community we aren't minority demographics with different treatment for different folks. As long as we fail to call a spade a spade for fear of being told we are racist.sexist,homophobic, Islamophobic or any other name used to shut down dialog when we don't like what is being said by 'the other side' we will not fix any of the issues. All it does is allow these scumbags trying to split us up to continue to hide amongst our respective "tribe/club" ranks behind taboos. We have to shun/excommunicate the jihadi terrorists from mosques and report imams who preach hate, we have to charge police with murder and expel them from the accepted ranks of police, we have to say that law abiding lives matter no matter what creed and set the standards for conduct higher, not resort to kneejerk social media lynch mobs to solve everything vigilante style. We must arrest and isolate anyone who commits violence against our greater community and most of all we need to stop making excuses for these psychopaths.

alberchico
Topic Author

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:15 pm

If the suspect is dead at this point why won't the authorities release any information on his identity or race ???

tommy1808

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:23 pm

aerorobnz wrote:
If we were talking about Islamic Terrorists then we'd be saying stuff like"you can't tar all muslims with the ISUL brush" or "ISUL has has much to do with the Islamic faith as the KKK does to Christianity". How about we substitute this for "Murder of blacks has as much to with policing as ISUL terrorists have to do with Islam" or "you can't tar all police with the racist murder brush". Noone saying that??? why not??

Because Police is one entity, and Christians and Muslims are not. Just like the Nazi crimes don´t come with a little * saying *Nazi in this phrase only means those members of the Nazi Party that hand an actual hand in those crimes".

While unfair towards the vast majority of individual law enforcement officers, it does make sense, unless you admit that there is one code of conduct that should be enforced among peers. Police does have an hierarchy that doesn´t allow to enforce compliance, structures without a command structure can not.

best regards
Thomas

D L X

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:25 pm

us330 wrote:
I'm a Dallas local, and all the accounts that I've read demonstrate that the protesters and the cops were actually getting along. Protesters were actually taking pictures with DPD members while holding anti police brutality signs. Once shots rang out, protesters were extremely cooperative, and one report that I've read said that the protesters actually helped the cops find one of the shooters.

Quiet, you! How dare you introduce facts that don't fit L-188's ignorant narrative.

Shame. Shame.

lugie

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:32 pm

jfklganyc wrote:

Well thank you sir for just pointing out wtf is wrong with the American society - the fact that police officers, racially biased or not (because I'm sure both exists), have to suspect every single citizen to be "armed to the teeth".
That is what needs to be changed.
German Police don't have to fear that a guy reaching for his glove compartment in a traffic control is actually pulling out a gun to shoot them with. Right-wingers are trying hard to keep the gun debate out of this because they know very well that guns are in fact "the root of all evil", as pathetic and extreme that might sound
L-188 wrote:

Shoving the responsibility card to Pres. Obama while denouncing those who manage to see the actual problem as "loosers" is about as low as you can sink... Hint: The "anti-gun looser"-crowd basically consists of the vast majority of citizens in the entire rest of the world.
Talk about high horses.

tommy1808

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:39 pm

lugie wrote:
[Hint: The "anti-gun looser"-crowd basically consists of the vast majority of citizens in the entire rest of the world.
Talk about high horses.

hint 2: in that context anti-gun looser doesn´t make any sense, only anti-gun tighter would make some. Or anti-gun loser.... but using that word would be admitting that you don´t have any argument to support your position.... so, i have a hard time figuring out what he is trying to say.

best regards
Thomas

OA412

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Revelation wrote:
And if they didn't have a high powered sniper rifle the wouldn't be able to kill four cops or wound 11 from a long distance away.

The kids in Newtown and/or the school staff had even less of a chance than did those trained, professional, armed cops.

But it's our god-given civil right to own assault rifles that are neither good for protection nor for hunting... :roll:
flyingturtle wrote:
Nope, the police should work on getting respected more, not less. When they realize they're not a class above the citizens, things will improve. The German police fired 85 bullets in 2011, killing 6 people. With a population that is only four times smaller than the US. And I promise that the US can get to the same point if the police, the NRA and the other factions would behave.

Indeed. Police in this country need to be held to higher standards. This last week makes that abundantly clear.
tommy1808 wrote:
Cool, so you have a recent multivariable study at hand? Why not share it with us?
:lol: Oh man, good one. Of course not. He's demonstrated time and again that his knowledge of criminal justice and race relations in this US is surface deep.
us330 wrote:

Indeed, that's the narrative I've heard.
D L X wrote:
Quiet, you! How dare you introduce facts that don't fit L-188's ignorant narrative.

Shame. Shame.

Hahaha! :lol:

Revelation

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:03 pm

For those with the 'it must be those muslim terrorists' theory, now we read 'Dallas shooting suspect stated he wanted to 'kill white officers' :
“The suspect said he was upset about Black Lives Matter,” during negotiations. “He said he was upset about the recent shootings, he was upset at white people. The suspect said he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.”

“The suspect said that he was not affiliated with any groups and he stated that he did this alone,” Brown said.

And we read that the police used a bomb laden robot to kill the shooter:
The suspect, who has not been named, was cornered for several hours by officers and was killed by an explosive device deployed by a police robot after extensive negotiations failed, said Dallas police chief David Brown.

So this will lead to a splinter group in the NRA called the National Bomb Laden Robot Association (NBLRA) that will be convinced that Bonb Laden Robots are covered by the 2nd amendment so they must have their own to avoid the tyranny of Government Bomb Laden Robots.

Then it'll lead to Bonb Laden Drones (because 2nd amendment) and everyone will have a GPS driven drone streaming live video that they can target at anyone's house or anyone's public gathering.

A lot more elegant solution than having to rely on someone to blow themselves up.

Ref: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... e-officers

tommy1808

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Revelation wrote:
So this will lead to a splinter group in the NRA called the National Bomb Laden Robot Association (NBLRA) that will be convinced that Bonb Laden Robots are covered by the 2nd amendment

but only if you can bear them :mrgreen:

SOBHI51

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

His name is Micah Xavier Johnson, sorry to disappoint your Islamophobia.

seb146

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:06 pm

All these people demanding the race of the shooters is sick. You all demanding to know the race of the shooters are part of the problem. Why didn't you demand the race of the Aurora terrorist or the Charleston terrorist or the officer in Baton Rouge or the officer in Minneapolis? Why is race only an issue when it could settle your mind that Blacks are the problem? What if this is a White guy who just wants Blacks to shut the hell up? That would not surprise me at all. You all got the identity of the shooter wrong in the first place.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/he ... s-why..ece

Because "all lives matter" that includes Blacks. It is NOT exclusive to Whites.

OA412

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:14 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

His name is Micah Xavier Johnson, sorry to disappoint your Islamophobia.

And according to this (and other articles) he told police he acted alone, is former US Military, and was upset with both White officers and Black Lives Matter. Not exactly the narrative some were probably hoping for...

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/micah-xav ... ook-video/

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:28 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
German police don't walk around ghettos with people armed to the teeth.

Hrmmmm now why would that POSSIBLY be? :roll: Germany is overrun by big scary Muslims that make lil whiny Paul Ryan soil is panties right? And yet we're the ones with the murder--both civilians and cops--problem.

DocLightning

Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:43 pm

L-188 wrote:
And of course we are going to get the regular group of anti-gun loosers that are members of A.net coming out here and blaming the tool used, not going after the motivation of the killers.

No, you're exactly right. It's pity the cops weren't also armed, because maybe then they could have...

...oh, wait.