Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

D L X

Re: Shots fired during Dallas Black Lives Matter protest...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:02 pm

OA412 wrote:
And according to this (and other articles) he told police he acted alone, is former US Military, and was upset with both White officers and Black Lives Matter. Not exactly the narrative some were probably hoping for...

Wait wait wait. L-188 said that it was Black Lives Matter that caused this. You mean to tell me he's full of s--t again?

That can't be.

OA412

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:11 pm

D L X wrote:
OA412 wrote:
And according to this (and other articles) he told police he acted alone, is former US Military, and was upset with both White officers and Black Lives Matter. Not exactly the narrative some were probably hoping for...

Wait wait wait. L-188 said that it was Black Lives Matter that caused this. You mean to tell me he's full of s--t again?

That can't be.

I know. I'm just as shocked as you are! :lol:
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Cadet985

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:15 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:
I'm watching CNN, and they're pointing out that absent from the press conference was ANY suggestion to the ethnicity of the shooters.....I'm wondering if this might not be ISIS.

Marc

His name is Micah Xavier Johnson, sorry to disappoint your Islamophobia.

Hold the phone now. ISIS has been threatening attacks on the U.S. for months now. I make an observation/inference wondering if this was the work of ISIS - who is an enemy to ALL people. This morning, it appears I was wrong, but I very easily could have been right. I suggest ISIS based on what little information I had at the time, and you're calling Islamophobia? That makes no sense. ISIS ≠ Islam.

Marc

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:18 pm

OA412 wrote:

He said he wanted to kill white cops, and BLM are known to shout for exactly that in many of their demonstrations. So if they protest their innocence in all this - even if they didn't have anything directly to do with this asshole, forgive me if I don't feel love and forgiveness for BLM. They asked for this, and are now all upset that someone actually took them up on it? Right...
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

SOBHI51

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:
I'm watching CNN, and they're pointing out that absent from the press conference was ANY suggestion to the ethnicity of the shooters.....I'm wondering if this might not be ISIS.

Marc

Hold the phone now. ISIS has been threatening attacks on the U.S. for months now. I make an observation/inference wondering if this was the work of ISIS - who is an enemy to ALL people. This morning, it appears I was wrong, but I very easily could have been right. I suggest ISIS based on what little information I had at the time, and you're calling Islamophobia? That makes no sense. ISIS ≠ Islam.

Marc

If a fly is killed anywhere in the world, you will accuse ISIS and as usual with you ISIS = Islam
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

OA412

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
OA412 wrote:

He said he wanted to kill white cops, and BLM are known to shout for exactly that in many of their demonstrations. So if they protest their innocence in all this - even if they didn't have anything directly to do with this asshole, forgive me if I don't feel love and forgiveness for BLM. They asked for this, and are now all upset that someone actually took them up on it? Right...

So in other words, collective guilt for everyone except when it's a White man shooting up a bunch of people? Then he's a lone wolf. :roll:

Have you actually been to any Black Lives Matter protests? I assume not. I haven't either, so I can't speak to what some people at those protests have said. I'm sure there are those fringe elements saying those things, but to ascribe those feelings to the entire group, even in the face of numerous reports saying the protest in Dallas was peaceful and protesters overwhelmingly assisted police, is just you wanting to ascribe negative attributes to a group with whom you disagree. Tell me again how all Christians are responsible for the molestation committed by Catholic priests? Or how all white gun owners are collectively responsible for the deaths caused by white mass shooters? They all support the right to own hand guns therefore they are all guilty, correct?

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Those times when they shouted for "Pigs in a Blanket", and "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!", and other vile crap, I cannot recall any BLM leader repudiating such hatred. I might be wrong - but I just don't recall ever seeing it.

D L X

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
OA412 wrote:

New forum, same old lying Dreadnought.

D L X

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
I cannot recall any BLM leader repudiating such hatred. I might be wrong - but I just don't recall ever seeing it.

Because you have never ever once in your life bothered to look when it doesn't fit your racist narrative.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34135267

Ken777

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:30 pm

pvjin wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
I'm itching to hear the NRA's response to this.

Let's be honest - it really doesn't matter as there are millions of guns in the hands of the public. Both good decent people and some not so decent. Stop sales today of all guns and shootings will continue at the same levels,

Reality is that we Americans manage to kill more countrymen and women each year than ISIS or AQ could ever manage to do.

David

Blacks are also much more likely to be criminals than whites according to statistics,

And Blacks are much more likely to live in poverty than white folks. They have been pushed down economically for generations and that leads to crime.

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Do a little research and check the rate of poverty among black families where both parents are present and married. I think you'll find a big surprise.

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:43 pm

So sad that these officers died as well as the two black men who were fatal shot by police. However, at some point in time. We have to sit down and have a intelligent conversation about the world we have created.

1. NRA control over politicians
2. Police who are outgunned, poorly trained and over react.
3. Rise of homicidal shooters.

DeltaMD90

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:51 pm

L-188 wrote:
I suspect as a gun control nut that you are probably happy this happened tonight. Another shooting that you will no doubt propagandize to support your evil political agenda.

The guy that says not to politicize a shooting goes on to say:

L-188 wrote:
Sad that this had to happen, but when you consider that this happened with a racist liberal group violence was to be expected. It happens all the time with liberal demonstrations, from Anti-trump rallies, to the Occupy Now riots in Oakland, and now we have a probable couple of BLM supporters making revenge killings in Texas.

And of course we are going to get the regular group of anti-gun loosers that are members of A.net coming out here and blaming the tool used, not going after the motivation of the killers. It is the typical display of ignorance on their part. And that is all we have here a couple of killers making revenge killings. Since the BLM matter movement was supported by Obama he bears a significant level of responsibility for this shooting happening since he enabled it.

See it all the time. Shooting happens, people express their support for gun control, others scream about how that is politicizing a shooting then immediately start politicizing the shooting

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Do a little research and check the rate of poverty among black families where both parents are present and married. I think you'll find a big surprise.

And? What do you think centuries of slavery, decades of Jim Crow, and continuing racism have done to the black community, versus you who have never had to struggle for a damn thing in your life?
I don't take responsibility at all

flyguy89

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:18 pm

This is all just gross. Anti-gun people salivating to politicize something they can only speculate their ideas would have prevented, and the predictable pro-gun reaction. People are dead, and borderline gloating about it (because you think it proves you right), jumping to conclusions or ludicrous speculation right now is just sick.
Last edited by flyguy89 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeltaMD90

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:26 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
This is all just gross. Anti-gun people salivating to politicize something they can only speculate their ideas would have prevented, and the predictable pro-gun reaction.

Do you honestly think that most people that are for gun control (stating that it would save lives, whether you agree with them or not) sit around and are joyful when people die so they can be upset about people dying?

That's some Alex Jones like thinking there.

Disagreement is fine but please don't be silly. If someone is for gun control to save lives, they probably don't like it when lives are lost to guns

flyguy89

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:30 pm

DeltaMD90 wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
This is all just gross. Anti-gun people salivating to politicize something they can only speculate their ideas would have prevented, and the predictable pro-gun reaction.

Do you honestly think that most people that are for gun control (stating that it would save lives, whether you agree with them or not) sit around and are joyful when people die so they can be upset about people dying?

Disagreement is fine but please don't be silly. If someone is for gun control to save lives, they probably don't like it when lives are lost to guns

Do you honestly think I think that? Did I say that somewhere?

DeltaMD90

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:37 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
DeltaMD90 wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

Do you honestly think I think that? Did I say that somewhere?

Forgive me, I had to work all night and misread your post. Should probably stop posting, I've read a few things incorrectly already ;)

blacksoviet

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Black Lives Matter promotes violence and hatred against police. BLM is a terrorist organization.

This is a war on White people and White European-American Society.

The shooters are racist BLM members.

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:07 pm

blacksoviet wrote:
Black Lives Matter promotes violence and hatred against police. BLM is a terrorist organization.

Citation or GTFO

blacksoviet

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:43 pm

Not once has the American mainstream media used the word "racist" to describe this attack. This was clearly a racist attack against White people by a Black terrorist.

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:57 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

And? What do you think centuries of slavery, decades of Jim Crow, and continuing racism have done to the black community, versus you who have never had to struggle for a damn thing in your life?

First of all, you have no idea who I am and the tragedies I have had to endure and the shit I've had to put up with (including racism). I want an apology.

Secondly, if you check on the stats I listed, the poverty rate for black married couples with children is in the single digits, and has been for many years, just a couple of percentage points away from white couples with children.

The big difference is when you come to the poverty rates of single parents, mothers in particular. Such families have an extremely high rate of poverty. The percentage of black kids brought up in a single parent home with the father not present has skyrocketed in the last 50 years from around 20% to over 70%. THAT's your source of excessive poverty in the black community. And nobody wants to talk about it.

pvjin

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:25 am

tommy1808 wrote:
pvjin wrote:
Blacks are also much more likely to be criminals than whites according to statistics,

Cool, so you have a recent multivariable study at hand? Why not share it with us?

best regards
Thomas

Just google for them yourself. The fact is that blacks in the US do have a lower average socioeconomic position than whites, and it's well known that more poverty usually means more crime.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

seb146

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:28 am

Dreadnought wrote:
THAT's your source of excessive poverty in the black community. And nobody wants to talk about it.

Actually, it is evangelical right wingers (not Republicans, but the loud and destructive faction within the Republican party) who do not want to talk about, or do anything about, it.

Democrats want to raise the minimum wage and give everyone affordable health care. The evangelical right wingers response? "Why? They can live off scraps!"
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

aerorobnz

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:53 am

tommy1808 wrote:

Because Police is one entity, and Christians and Muslims are not".

Priests and religious leaders all wear a religious uniform too so they can also be considered part of a brand. Not all Priests molest children but they do wear the same uniform as others who do and are governed by the same rules, yet they influence thousands of lives in their community and are in a position of trust, just like Police. They should all be judged as humans not by the positions they hold

Really let's just say it, Humans as a species have no respect for life of any kind at all. As far as humans are concerned "no life matters". It either all matters or none of it matters. Humanity remains the same aggressive, territorial primates they have been for the past 195,000 years - this is all biologically preordained, social engineering will not make it go away any time soon. When there are too many people all competing for limited resources they will clash about anything and everything (and clearly they are).
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Dreadnought

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:55 am

seb146 wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:
THAT's your source of excessive poverty in the black community. And nobody wants to talk about it.

Actually, it is evangelical right wingers (not Republicans, but the loud and destructive faction within the Republican party) who do not want to talk about, or do anything about, it.

Democrats want to raise the minimum wage and give everyone affordable health care. The evangelical right wingers response? "Why? They can live off scraps!"

I call bullshit on almost everything you said (except healthcare, which you will notice Obamacare has not managed to control the costs of). The rest is not even worth commenting on.

And once again, you deflect the issue. The biggest cause of black poverty above all else is the high rate of single mothers and deadbeat fathers. Address this issue first.

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:56 am

Dreadnought wrote:

First of all, you have no idea who I am and the tragedies I have had to endure and the shit I've had to put up with (including racism). I want an apology.

Oh boo boo your life was so tough although I highly doubt it. Feels good doesn't it? You might get an apology when after you apologize to the black community for doing the same thing to them.

Cadet985

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:14 am

SOBHI51 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:

Marc

If a fly is killed anywhere in the world, you will accuse ISIS and as usual with you ISIS = Islam

No, I will not, and for you to infer such is repugnant. I thought I had told you in one of the last threads before the update that I was trying to mature and change some of my positions, but maybe you didn't see that?

Cadet985

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:16 am

blacksoviet wrote:

Sadly, I have to agree with all three statements you've made.

Marc

ER757

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:29 am

DocLightning wrote:
L-188 wrote:
And of course we are going to get the regular group of anti-gun loosers that are members of A.net coming out here and blaming the tool used, not going after the motivation of the killers.

No, you're exactly right. It's pity the cops weren't also armed, because maybe then they could have...

...oh, wait.

You beat me to it, Doc. Where's that douchebag Wayne LaPierre with his only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun nonsense? There's were lots of good guys with guns and a bunch of people still got shot.
I am really afraid this situation is only going to escalate. There's a lot of anger in the Black community and now with this terrible "revenge killing" there's almost certain to be backlash from the White community. You can call it terrorism or racism or whatever you want, but it's Black vs White warfare out there in some places. Not good - not for anyone

BMI727

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:30 am

First, as with all terrorist attacks like this I'm very torn over whether I am more disgusted over the act itself or by the attempts of people to use such events to violate the civil rights of others. Honestly I think it's the latter.

lugie wrote:
Hint: The "anti-gun looser"-crowd basically consists of the vast majority of citizens in the entire rest of the world.

That's nice but it couldn't matter less. Unless of course you want to get a mob together to violate the rights of people who disagree.

OA412 wrote:
But it's our god-given civil right to own assault rifles that are neither good for protection nor for hunting...

Yes it is, end of story. Use that right or don't.

Ken777 wrote:
And Blacks are much more likely to live in poverty than white folks. They have been pushed down economically for generations and that leads to crime.

Pushed down? The single motherhood rate is higher now that it was in the pre-Civil Rights era and those single mothers are more likely to have never been married, in other words, more likely to be younger and less educated. Blaming racism is a self-serving cop out.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/ ... e-mothers/

MaverickM11 wrote:
What do you think centuries of slavery, decades of Jim Crow, and continuing racism have done to the black community

Not as much damage as having kids while you're young, uneducated and have only a single income does apparently.

blacksoviet wrote:

First, I don't think that is true. Second, I don't think Black Lives Matter is organized enough to be any kind of organization.

seb146 wrote:
Democrats want to raise the minimum wage and give everyone affordable health care.

With whose money?
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

OA412

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:46 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:

Indeed. I find it troubling that people actually believe this sort of thing. I'm as pro-gun control as they come, but to suggest that I celebrate whenever someone dies from gunfire is loony at best.
pvjin wrote:
Just google for them yourself.

So to answer Tommy's question, you don't actually have access to them...
Dreadnought wrote:

Come back and talk about racism when you've spent a lifetime dealing with institutionalized racism.
BMI727 wrote:
First, as with all terrorist attacks like this I'm very torn over whether I am more disgusted over the act itself or by the attempts of people to use such events to violate the civil rights of others. Honestly I think it's the latter.

Your fake outrage is noted.
BMI727 wrote:
Yes it is, end of story. Use that right or don't.
:roll:

BMI727

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:55 am

OA412 wrote:
Come back and talk about racism when you've spent a lifetime dealing with institutionalized racism.

Or you could come back when you're ready to have an adult conversation with an actual argument rather than trying to silence anyone who might disagree or not meet your standards of disadvantage.

OA412 wrote:
Your fake outrage is noted.

Feel free to present whatever qualifications you think you have to inform me what I think.

seb146

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:03 am

BMI727 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Democrats want to raise the minimum wage and give everyone affordable health care.

With whose money?

Since my tax dollars have to support food stamps in Alabama....

And, also, since you are calling BLM a "terrorist" organization, we can finally classify NRA as a terrorist organization. You're welcome.

wstakl

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:05 am

Using your 2nd amendment to fight 'evil' isn't so pretty when put into practice, is it?

About tme countries around the world started issuing travel warnings to their citizens about travel to this country.

BMI727

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:06 am

seb146 wrote:

And, also, since you are calling BLM a "terrorist" organization, we can finally classify NRA as a terrorist organization. You're welcome.

Show me where I said Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization or where I supported the NRA. Go ahead, try.

WarRI1

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:17 am

A tragedy motivated by hatred and compounded by weapons that are weapons of war and are just what is needed to create this type of disaster for our country and the families and people involved. Police once carried 38 revolvers for years, 6 shots. They then upgraded to Semi Automatics, larger calibers to counter the increased firepower available to people who should not have them such as criminals.

Now we have weapons of war available to anyone, one step below full auto. Did anyone notice how they killed this man? A battlefield grade weapon. Does anyone see the pattern? What is next, Grenade launchers? I am a gun owner of many years, I shoot for fun and competition. I see these weapons at the ranges, ridiculous. I have one bigger than yours. We used to say that about another weapon entirely that did not kill people.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

MaverickM11

Re: Shots fired during Dallas Black Lives Matter protest...n

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:28 am

BMI727 wrote:
Not as much damage as having kids while you're young, uneducated and have only a single income does apparently.

You should be totally thrilled since it's the result of your totally not racist paradise where you and all your Lilly white straight friends have all the privilege and everyone else is "at will" and has to fight for their existence

BMI727

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:41 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
You should be totally thrilled since it's the result of your totally not racist paradise where you and all your Lilly white straight friends have all the privilege and everyone else is "at will" and has to fight for their existence

I'm anything but thrilled since I certainly prefer it if people are educated and secure financially, but the only person I get to make those decisions for is me.

The lack of any substantive evidence to back up your claims is glaring. Where have I ever advocated giving certain groups special rights?

MaverickM11

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:33 am

BMI727 wrote:
I'm anything but thrilled since I certainly prefer it if people are educated and secure financially, but the only person I get to make those decisions for is me.

Now how would they do that when total groups of society were prevented from making a living, getting an education, or getting any assistance in your paradise of Jim Crow?

BMI727

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:35 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Now how would they do that when total groups of society were prevented from making a living, getting an education, or getting any assistance in your paradise of Jim Crow?

Where have I ever supported Jim Crow? You're making things up because the facts do not support your views.

n229nw

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:43 am

blacksoviet wrote:
BLM is a terrorist organization.

2+2=5!
2+2=5!
People who say that 2+2 is 4 are trying to commit genocide against white people!!!

You know what the sad thing about what I just wrote is? It is more true than your post. But I think you know that and you are just trolling.
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

SOBHI51

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:18 am

Cadet985 wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

No, I will not, and for you to infer such is repugnant. I thought I had told you in one of the last threads before the update that I was trying to mature and change some of my positions, but maybe you didn't see that?

I saw it, but was surprised when you jumped to the conclusion that ISIS= Islam might be involved, while nobody even considered it. Not that ISIS are beyond such criminal actions, but you should look at the circumstances of the shooting , when, and who was the target.
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam

seb146

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 am

BMI727 wrote:
First, as with all terrorist attacks like this

There is where BMI calls BLM terrorists. But, he says he didn't but whatever....

Dreadnought wrote:
He said he wanted to kill white cops, and BLM are known to shout for exactly that in many of their demonstrations.

But they don't. As with the right wing evangelical tea party radicals, who are few in number but very vocal and demand nothing less than complete loyalty to the Republican party, this small group of vocal people are the same.

The difference is: the small group of vocal BLM protesters seem to represent ALL Blacks while the small group of vocal evangelicals have nothing to do with true Republicans, in your echo chamber. You are so quick to separate the far right wing evangelical tea party wackos from the Republican party but can not find any way to separate the wackos who march with BLM from the real BLM movement.

[quote="Dreadnought]The biggest cause of black poverty above all else is the high rate of single mothers and deadbeat fathers. Address this issue first.[/quote]

As much as I hate abortion as birth control, that would help. And so would free contraception. I and millions of Americans would gladly pay an extra $1 a week or month so that EVERY woman can have free birth control. Republicans will not hear of it because God and seed and bull crap. This is why there is the fight against Planned Parenthood. They provide ZERO (read that number again) Z-E-R-O!!!! abortions. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. None.

But, that does not fit the right wing Republican mantra of "every 'liberal' demands abortions" so you all have to do something to keep people pissed off over those uppity black wanting equality.

Someone has to say it. And I have had it.

Guns are too easy to get in this country. Crazy people can just mow down a group of people for no goddamn reason because the Second Amendment is more precious than anything. What that has to do with the Bible, I have no idea. But, the evangelical right wing crazy Republicans somehow know. The Bible and guns and keeping children hungry and sick are all good things. Because god and guns. But, those damn homos better not sign contracts and buy cake!!! This is the reason you all have Trump, a six time bankrupt business man, as your nominee. This is why KKK and terrorist groups endorse your party. You all say you love freedom and want everyone to live with less government but when blacks and gays and women try to gain equality, you all fight and kill.

Good luck with that. How did that work out for you all in the 1860s?

flyguy89

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:45 am

DLMD90 wrote:

Do you honestly think I think that? Did I say that somewhere?[/quote]
Forgive me, I had to work all night and misread your post. Should probably stop posting, I've read a few things incorrectly already ;)[/quote]

Don't sweat it!

seb146 wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

But the problem with your argument is that the "right wingers" didn't succeed. I won't touch on the irony of you talking about minimum wage increases when the primary purposes of implementing a minimum wage in the U.S. was to drive blacks out of the labor market, but the left has succeeded in providing impoverished blacks with healthcare, welfare, housing, food stamps, and free shitty education (while spending the most money per student on public education of any industrialized nation). I mean, you really won.

Tragically though, while successful in making American blacks the most government-dependent minority group, a basic study of the data demonstrates that after 40 or so years of these policies, they have failed miserably in lifting American blacks out of poverty. By some measures even (illegitimacy rates, youth unemployment rates...etc.) the perverse economic incentives created by these policies have made American blacks worse off.

Now, you can blame racism or say the racism is the major factor...and racism certainly does exist, there are stupid people out there and there will always be stupid people...but then you'll also need to explain how it is that modern-day black immigrants to the U.S. from countries like Nigeria, Haiti, and Trinidad actually reach a socio-economic status practically on-par with whites after a generation or two in this country. Indeed there are many minority groups whose socio-economic status exceeds that of whites in the U.S.

I believe strongly there are specific laws, criminal justice regulations, and policies that have the effect of disproportionately affecting blacks that should be addressed...there are very legitimate grievances here that I hate seeing get lost in another mind-numbing gun control debate. I'll offer one particular example that was only finally addressed in 2010: the 100-to-1 sentencing disparity between crack and powdered cocaine. Crack cocaine carried much heavier sentencing and, because crack cocaine is cheaper and its consumers are typically poorer, therefore resulted in more blacks getting the book thrown at them than rich whites using powdered cocaine.

There are a lot of areas similar to the above that do weigh on the poor and black communities which should be changed.

Lastly, I'd like to extend a brief middle finger to the arses condescending on this thread from the likes of Sweden, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Japan...etc. I.e some of the whitest (except for Japan there obviously), least diverse, homogenous countries on the planet. I mean, gosh, I'm sure governing would be fairly easy and unrest would be sparse if most of your country is the same race and basically shared the same values. The United States is the most ethnically and culturally diverse nation in the world (and I'm glad!)...there are bound to be problems and frictions that need to be addressed...and trying to compare the U.S. to a country like, say Switzerland...as if Swiss and American governments/institutions/values could be functionally interchangeable, is frankly ridiculous.

flyguy89

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:51 am

seb146 wrote:
BMI727 wrote:
First, as with all terrorist attacks like this

There is where BMI calls BLM terrorists. But, he says he didn't but whatever....

Uh...so you're saying this shooter then was BLM-related then? Because all he did there was call the shooter a terrorist, the shooter who said he wasn't BLM, who BMI didn't say was affiliated with BLM. And do you not think this shooter was a terrorist?

But whatever...

tommy1808

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:02 am

pvjin wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Cool, so you have a recent multivariable study at hand? Why not share it with us?

best regards
Thomas

Just google for them yourself. The fact is that blacks in the US do have a lower average socioeconomic position than whites, and it's well known that more poverty usually means more crime.

1) unless the forum rules have changed with the design you are required to back your claims up.
2) that is not what you have claimed
3) that is not what I asked

You said black are more likely to be criminals, now you change your line to poor people are more criminal.
So, why are black people poorer on average than white people? Is it

A) because they are more lazy and less smart than white people?
B) because they live in a society with enough racial bias to make upwards movement harder?
C) ....?

And how does your reasoning make black people more criminal?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

L-188

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:41 am

seb146 wrote:
BMI727 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
D

Thank you Seb146 for once again clearly demonstrating your ignorance by labeling a civil rights group (the NRA) as a terrorist group

None of these shooting have been caused by a NRA member, in fact most have been members of the Democratic Party, So why don't we call them what they are terrorists, bigots and race baiters.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

L-188

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:45 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

Oh boo boo your life was so tough although I highly doubt it. Feels good doesn't it? You might get an apology when after you apologize to the black community for doing the same thing to them.

Deadnought. I think you know as well as I do that MaverickM11 lacks the moral integrity to give any sort of apology for his ignorance comments and his false accusations of racism against those of use that actually value the civil rights in this country.

I think we are going to be waiting for a while for him to see the light....if he every does.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.