Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alberchico
Topic Author

Did Melania Trump plagiarize Michelle Obama ?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:07 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36832095

On one hand they do sound like common themes and values but on the other hand the speechwriters should have known better.

short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Boeing717200

Re: Did Melania Trump plagiarize Michelle Obama ?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:09 pm

alberchico wrote:

On one hand they do sound like common themes and values but on the other hand the speechwriters should have known better.

Do you mean like this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-accus ... in-speech/

Obama's speech Saturday sounded similar to a speech given by Patrick in his 2006 campaign for governor, according to the video.

"Don't tell me words don't matter! 'I have a dream.' Just words. 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.' Just words. 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself.' Just words, just speeches," Obama said in his speech.

Patrick used many of the same phrases in his speech.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal'-just words. Just words. 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself'-just words. 'Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country'-just words. 'I have a dream'-just words," Patrick said in 2006.

#MustBeASlowNewsCycleBecauseGOPDidn'tImplodeAsTheLeftHadHoped
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!

Calder

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Surely both sides are guilty of lifting sections of speech from the "other" side.

After all, there are only so many combinations of words that can be used.

Also, rule of the internet number 24. Everything is a repost of a repost of a repost...
C. T.

luckyone

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
alberchico wrote:

Do you mean like this?

Obama's speech Saturday sounded similar to a speech given by Patrick in his 2006 campaign for governor, according to the video.

"Don't tell me words don't matter! 'I have a dream.' Just words. 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.' Just words. 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself.' Just words, just speeches," Obama said in his speech.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal'-just words. Just words. 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself'-just words. 'Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country'-just words. 'I have a dream'-just words," Patrick said in 2006.

You neglected to either read or point out (or both...) that in that same article it states that Patrick was a friend of, and had endorsed Obama. So the implication of plagiarism strikes differently from someone who is copying from a political ally as opposed to a campaign that is supposedly diametrically opposed to everything for which Obama has done copying parts of his wife's speech. Nuance is a real pain.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm

I suspect the person who wrote Melania speech, hates Trump and did this on purpose.

Still it's on Melania because she should of at least studied the last president wife speech to see what was expected of her a these conventions.

I had a really hard time trying to understand what Melania was saying, thought she looked really pretty. I hope to see her talk more, it seems like she's always silent and after this rookie mistake or whatever it was. I hope she doesn't continue to sit there next to Trump like a plastic doll.

Michelle and Hillary have set a much higher bar on what the first lady should be I hope she takes notice. We want strong women in the White House.

Regarding the person trying to compare Obama 100's of public speeches to Melania first public speech. Please get a life. I have some of Obama speeches memorized by now, especially the ones that he gives for the senseless loss of life due to gun violence that he has to give weekly.

zkojq

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:59 pm

In fairness to Melania, she did learn about speechwriting at Trump University. ;)
First to fly the 787-9

Boeing717200

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:02 pm

luckyone wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:
alberchico wrote:

Do you mean like this?

You neglected to either read or point out (or both...) that in that same article it states that Patrick was a friend of, and had endorsed Obama. So the implication of plagiarism strikes differently from someone who is copying from a political ally as opposed to a campaign that is supposedly diametrically opposed to everything for which Obama has done copying parts of his wife's speech. Nuance is a real pain.

You're neglecting to see that the only people making a big deal out of it are on the left and that its making them look like fanatics. Keep it up!

luckyone

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:04 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I suspect the person who wrote Melania speech, hates Trump and did this on purpose.

Still it's on Melania because she should of at least studied the last president wife speech to see what was expected of her a these conventions.

I had a really hard time trying to understand what Melania was saying, thought she looked really pretty. I hope to see her talk more, it seems like she's always silent and after this rookie mistake or whatever it was. I hope she doesn't continue to sit there next to Trump like a plastic doll.

Michelle and Hillary have set a much higher bar on what the first lady should be I hope she takes notice. We want strong women in the White House.

Regarding the person trying to compare Obama 100's of public speeches to Melania first public speech. Please get a life. I have some of Obama speeches memorized by now, especially the ones that he gives for the senseless loss of life due to gun violence that he has to give weekly.

On some level I still think Trump is trying to self-sabotage his campaign. He doesn't want the responsibility and the lack of freedom, or the paycut. The problem is he actually won, and didn't intend to.

luckyone

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:

Do you mean like this?

You're neglecting to see that the only people making a big deal out of it are on the left and that its making them look like fanatics. Keep it up!

Yes...because EVERYBODY is split down according to a ridiculous binary of left vs. right. None of us have brains and can rationally manipulate information. Not a single one.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:07 pm

luckyone wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

On some level I still think Trump is trying to self-sabotage his campaign. He doesn't want the responsibility and the lack of freedom, or the paycut. The problem is he actually won, and didn't intend to.

that would explain why she plagiarized a speech on hard work.

Boeing717200

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:11 pm

luckyone wrote:
Yes...because EVERYBODY is split down according to a ridiculous binary of left vs. right. None of us have brains and can rationally manipulate information. Not a single one.

If you haven't figured out that Trump is a master of using speech and rhetoric to extract a predictable response by now, then you're in the dark as everyone else that's fallen prey.

It would not shock me one bit if this was intentional. Not unlike Obama's rhetoric of the last 8 years. He may actually be better at it than Obama, which would be shocking as I didn't think it possible.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:14 pm

luckyone wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

you do realized that it was Hillary Clinton campagin that accused Obama of plagiarism.

luckyone

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:16 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
luckyone wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:

you do realized that it was Hillary Clinton campagin that accused Obama of plagiarism.

Yup sure do. My point was addressing this idiotic notion of Left vs. Right.

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:16 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
If you haven't figured out that Trump is a master of using speech and rhetoric

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It's hilarious watching grown adults jump through their own a$$hole to defend a guy who can't even finish a sentence without contradicting himself. Lemme guess the plagiarism was HRC's fault too?
I don't take responsibility at all

Boeing717200

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:20 pm

luckyone wrote:

The notion of left and right response is directly related to the front pages of the various news sources. For the majority of the left leaning news sources, the response would make one think that she had murdered someone last night.

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

The notion of left and right response is directly related to the front pages of the various news sources. For the majority of the left leaning news sources, the response would make one think that she had murdered someone last night.

No the theme of the night was how Obama and HRC had personally murdered everyone in Benghazi and those killed by illegal immigrants. The majority of sentient humans realize Melania is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but not as dumb as her speechwriter.

jetwet1

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:

No not really, i'm sorry to tell you this, but no, i'm on record on here as being a Republican, though what some would refer to as a RINO and honestly, at this point I am sitting back and watching the "New" Republican party slowly rip itself apart.

But, I can tell you, even some of my much further right than me friends are looking at this subject and shacking their heads, like it or not, this is a cluster f*** of an election year and thanks to the fringe we will end up with HRC for 4 years.

scbriml

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:38 pm

I'd like to thank my speechwriters, Dave Copy and Tina Paste.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Boeing717200

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:47 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
No not really, i'm sorry to tell you this, but no, i'm on record on here as being a Republican, though what some would refer to as a RINO and honestly, at this point I am sitting back and watching the "New" Republican party slowly rip itself apart.

But, I can tell you, even some of my much further right than me friends are looking at this subject and shacking their heads, like it or not, this is a cluster f*** of an election year and thanks to the fringe we will end up with HRC for 4 years.

You're missing it too. How do you think Trump ended up the nominee? Obama is an absolute master of rhetoric and as I said, Trump may even be better at it.

It's truly astonishing how in the dark people are on this. How many times does the campaign have to say something outlandish to elicit a response before people realize what is going on?

Did no one learn anything from the last eight years?

In about eight hours, no one is going to care about this and he'll be on to the next outlandish comment used to drive the next news cycle. It will bounce off him like it doesn't matter and his numbers will spike.

People still clinging to this speech will look like fringe nut cases with a petty fixation on a trophy wife who everyone thinks has the IQ of a gnat anyway.
Last edited by Boeing717200 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

zckls04

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Can't see that this is anything to get worked up about. They probably used the same speechwriter. Even if they didn't it seems to me to be the sort of bland, boring phrase that pops up all the time in those kind of speeches.

When you have a Presidential candidate like Trump, the content of his wife's speech is not what we should be focusing on.
Four Granavox Turbines!

luckyone

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:

You're missing it too. How do you think Trump ended up the nominee?

It's truly astonishing how in the dark people are on this. How many times does the campaign have to say something outlandish to elicit a response before people realize what is going on?

Did no one learn anything from the last eight years?

The one that seems to be missing it is you. The rest of us get it. Trump is a scripted buffoon and media sources left right and sideways report it because it sells them papers---equally to people outraged that such a buffoon can rise into politics and people who are being told what they want to hear. We got it....a long time ago. Trump is a narcissist of the purest kind. What is upsetting is people such as yourself who apparently defend him "because Obama did it" regardless of context and the scathing indictment of the level of education in this country such that our political process has been hijacked by our culture of celebrity worship, "8 years" of Tea Party types playing with fire, making hay on (ironically) Obama-esque promises that they could never fulfill, and a RNC that cannot get its house together putting 17 candidates up on the stage, allowing Donald Trump to ride his celebrity and mouth through the middle of all that chaos to emerge as the nominee for one of the two major political parties in the States.
Last edited by luckyone on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:00 pm

zckls04 wrote:
Can't see that this is anything to get worked up about. They probably used the same speechwriter. Even if they didn't it seems to me to be the sort of bland, boring phrase that pops up all the time in those kind of speeches.

When you have a Presidential candidate like Trump, the content of his wife's speech is not what we should be focusing on.

yep! but here we are. so we have to focus on them as a team.

OA412

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:01 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
If you haven't figured out that Trump is a master of using speech and rhetoric

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It's hilarious watching grown adults jump through their own a$$hole to defend a guy who can't even finish a sentence without contradicting himself. Lemme guess the plagiarism was HRC's fault too?

Sure is: http://www.vox.com/2016/7/19/12222276/m ... linton-rnc
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Boeing717200

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:04 pm

luckyone wrote:
The one that seems to be missing it is you. The rest of us get it. Trump is a scripted buffoon and media sources left right and sideways report it because it sells them papers---equally to people outraged that such a buffoon can rise into politics and people who are being told what they want to hear. We got it....a long time ago. Trump is a narcissist of the purest kind. What is upsetting is people such as yourself who defend him "because Obama did it" and the scathing indictment of the level of education in this country such that our political process has been hijacked by our culture of celebrity worship, (ironically) Obama-esque promises by Tea Party types that they could never fulfill, and a RNC that cannot get its house together putting 17 candidates up on the stage, allowing Donald Trump to ride his celebrity and mouth through the middle of all that chaos to emerge as the nominee for one of the two major political parties in the States.

Its your prerogative to stay in the dark if you so chose. Just don't blame me for the outcomes.

The political process was high-jacked long before Trump.

OA412 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:

The left isn't used to Trump yet. They can't figure out how he got nominated because they weren't actually watching the last year. It almost feels like Ground Hog Day. I suspect if it continues they'll wake up one day asking how he became President. After all, these are the same people who still can't figure out how Hillary lost to Obama.

jetwet1

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CceQISThDYQ

Pretty much sums it up

Boeing717200 wrote:
In about eight hours, no one is going to care about this and he'll be on to the next outlandish comment used to drive the next news cycle. It will bounce off him like it doesn't matter and his numbers will spike.

Now that is true.

LittleFokker

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:09 pm

OA412 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:

Once again, the party of "personal responsibility" shows it's true colors - it's never their fault!. They could never possibly screw something up, now could they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trn91xkJ0w
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
They can't figure out how he got nominated because they weren't actually watching the last year. It almost feels like Ground Hog Day.

Sure they can. You appeal to the most basic, racist, xenophobic tendencies of a group that believes in gut feelings, cliches, and religion more than science, facts, and reality, and they'll choke down whatever crap Trump shovels down their throats with religious fervor. I don't think anyone is in the least bit of doubt how Trump came to power, other than the GOP that is standing around far away from the convention with their dick in their hands. Paul Ryan is the one trying to convince everyone Trump is going to "endeavor to try to change", not the left.

OA412

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
The left isn't used to Trump yet. They can't figure out how he got nominated because they weren't actually watching the last year. It almost feels like Ground Hog Day. I suspect if it continues they'll wake up one day asking how he became President. After all, these are the same people who still can't figure out how Hillary lost to Obama.

What in the world are you going on and on about? What hasn't "the left" figured out? That Trump is a sociopath? That his supporters are bigots? That his campaign has fully exposed this country's dark underbelly of racism, misogyny, and homophobia for the world to see?

Boeing717200

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:27 pm

OA412 wrote:
What in the world are you going on and on about?

The facts of the matter. What are you going on about?

Ken777

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:47 pm

All this is another embarrassment for the GOP Convention. It was just as stupid as the earlier railroading of the Never Trump petition and then there is Rudy screaming. A pretty bad day for the GOP and Trump will be firing whoever wrote that speech.

scbriml

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:09 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Paul Ryan is the one trying to convince everyone Trump is going to "endeavor to try to change", not the left.

Nah, he's too busy taking "whites only" selfies. :lol:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

PacificBeach88

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:45 pm

I thought this summed it up perfectly: "Melania Trump's plagiarism matters because it exposes Donald Trump's profound laziness". http://www.vox.com/2016/7/19/12225272/m ... sm-matters

"Plagiarism offers a window into a different aspect of Trump, one that isn’t integral to his appeal. Trump is a phony. And a lazy one at that. He refuses to put in the work, and if he becomes president the consequences are likely to be disastrous and unpredictable.

Just ask his wife who stood up on a nationally broadcast primetime telecast to vouch for his integrity and decency, and turns out to have been set up for humiliation because Trump couldn’t be bothered to build the kind of professional presidential campaign that would equip Melania Trump with a decent speech."

But even though GW Bush was the worst President in modern history, he still sailed out of office with a 22% approval rating. Yes the lowest ever recorded but still 1/4 of Americans (57% of Republicans) thought he did a good job. Trump could take a dump in the middle of these people's dining room table at Thanksgiving, and they would applaud him for taking the best rump dump they'd ever seen, and ask him to do an encore.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bushs-final ... 2-percent/

Ken777

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 pm

I've watched comparison videos of the two speeches and it is pretty clear that the Trump speech writers took parts of Obama's speech with very little tweaking.

At the same time it was very clear that Melania was delivering a speech that others wrote. English is her second language (at least) and I doubt if she was even aware of the speech 8 years ago. Give her a thumbs up for her efforts to deliver the speech and give her husband a thumbs down or running the campaign on the cheap with a lazy speech writer.

OA412

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Ken777 wrote:
I've watched comparison videos of the two speeches and it is pretty clear that the Trump speech writers took parts of Obama's speech with very little tweaking.

At the same time it was very clear that Melania was delivering a speech that others wrote. English is her second language (at least) and I doubt if she was even aware of the speech 8 years ago. Give her a thumbs up for her efforts to deliver the speech and give her husband a thumbs down or running the campaign on the cheap with a lazy speech writer.

I think this is a very important point. People are being hard on her because she delivered the speech, but I think that's actually really unfair. Any criticism should be hurled at the campaign and at Trump himself who's laziness and loose (to be kind) adherence to facts and research, as one commentator noted, set his own wife up for spectacular failure in front of the entire nation.
Boeing717200 wrote:
OA412 wrote:
What in the world are you going on and on about?

The facts of the matter. What are you going on about?

Sure you are...

DocLightning

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:

The GOP has pushed an agenda of bigotry for almost 20 years now. We hate gays, Latinos, Muslims, and pointy-headed intellectuals. We're OK with Black people as long as they toe the line and say "Yes, massa."

And then the GOP was shocked when a candidate came in and exploited all that bigotry and got the nomination. I am not shocked. I knew this was happening back in May of last year when you denied it and said that Mr. Trump would flash in the pan (man, I'd love to go find that post).
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

PacificBeach88

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:42 pm

DocLightning wrote:
I am not shocked. I knew this was happening back in May of last year when you denied it and said that Mr. Trump would flash in the pan (man, I'd love to go find that post).

Knock yourself out. Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1313685

OA412

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:03 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
I am not shocked. I knew this was happening back in May of last year when you denied it and said that Mr. Trump would flash in the pan (man, I'd love to go find that post).

Knock yourself out. Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1313685

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dreadnought

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:12 pm

DocLightning wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:

The GOP has pushed an agenda of bigotry for almost 20 years now. We hate gays, Latinos, Muslims, and pointy-headed intellectuals. We're OK with Black people as long as they toe the line and say "Yes, massa."

When shit like this gets written, you eliminate any possibility of reasonable debate. How can you argue with someone who is so convinced of his moral superiority and that his opponents are just evil bigots. Maybe that is your purpose. Either way, you as an otherwise well educated person are shaming only yourself at writing this sort of thing.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:

When shit like this gets written, you eliminate any possibility of reasonable debate. How can you argue with someone who is so convinced of his moral superiority and that his opponents are just evil bigots. Maybe that is your purpose. Either way, you as an otherwise well educated person are shaming only yourself at writing this sort of thing.

Says the guy with "How to brainwash a liberal? Give him an enema." as a signature. I mean really. How self unaware can you be? Can I terminate your marriage? Take away your children? Start a conversion therapy that turns christian conservatives into intelligent humans that think for themselves? Because that is your party's platform for me. They've made it crystal clear they hate the LGBTQ community. Blacks, latinos, and muslims aren't much different, and they're polling accordingly...zero in the case of blacks in several key states. ZERO.
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Dreadnought wrote:

When shit like this gets written, you eliminate any possibility of reasonable debate.

I thought that was when you enter a thread.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

seb146

Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Calder wrote:
Surely both sides are guilty of lifting sections of speech from the "other" side.

After all, there are only so many combinations of words that can be used.

Also, rule of the internet number 24. Everything is a repost of a repost of a repost...

In other words: if Republicans do it, no need to talk about it, move along, nothing to see here. If a Democrats even hints at it, there is hell to pay, heads will roll, this is how the party is so vote against Democrats. Or, business as usual in the right wing echo chamber....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Tugger

Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:

You mean like your signature?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

Ken777

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:04 am

Trump's son just put him over the top, making hi the official nominee. In an interview immediately after he pointed out that English is Malina's 5th language.

With speaking five languages I think Malina deserves a break and the person who actually wrote the speech should be named and fired.

ltbewr

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:27 am

Then there is the alleged comment of Trump manservant NJ Gov. Christe who said 'it was 93% original' :roll:
I am more concerned with the speeches of the others last night, bashing non-whites, immigrants, Muslims and so on.

jetwet1

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:28 am

OA412 wrote:

[/quote]

And that's a point that's being missed by so many, Melania is far from a talking head (she speaks 5 languages) but in this case she was put up in front of a teleprompter and told to read the lines, she should be left out of the argument, the issue I have isn't even the blatant plagiarism, it's the fact that no one has the damn balls to step up and say "yes our speechwriter did it and they are fired", instead Paul Manafort turns around and tries to blame HRC for it. FFS this is what is so wrong with the Republican party right now, everyone who has half a brain can see what happened, but no, just deny it and deflect, stupid.

WarrenPlatts

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:49 am

DLFREEBIRD nailed it. If Melania did not write that speech herself, then it was sabotage. I can see if she really did try to write it herself, she'd probably look at past first lady speeches, and found she thought that Michelle really made sense, and then when she sat down to write it, she couldn't help herself from incorporating the same ideas and language. A freshman mistake, but it would be honest. But there was that Rickroll easter egg in there. That's the clincher. It had to be sabotage. Trump has got to be furious! lol! I feel really sorry for Melania though. She didn't deserve that! :mrgreen:

That said, it's probably a net positive for the campaign, as it distracts from all the other stuff that was spouted that night!

Cf.: http://blackbag.gawker.com/a-theory-don ... 1783930502

LittleFokker

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:11 am

http://usuncut.com/news/melania-trump-speechwriter/

If this source is to be trusted, then apparently the plagiarized portion of the speech was not part of the script. However, I have a hard time believing that Melania has a strong enough grasp of the English language nor the desire to ad lib two paragraphs that were word for word stolen from another source. Someone must have typed these extra paragraphs into the teleprompter.

Regardless of the truth, there's no doubt that it's just more evidence that Trump is running one of the sloppiest, laziest campaigns ever. If it wasn't for all the free publicity the stupid media keeps giving him, Jill Stein would be polling better than him.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:19 am

The boards i've been on for the past couple of years since Obama was elected. Seem to ooze hatred of almost every minority out there including women. So finally a candidates comes along, who they can bond with. I'm sad, because i thought we were better than this, but i'm not surprised.

jetwet1

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:42 am

LittleFokker wrote:
However, I have a hard time believing that Melania has a strong enough grasp of the English language nor the desire to ad lib two paragraphs that were word for word stolen from another source.

As I said above, she speaks 5 languages, she has a pretty good grasp on English, the desire to ab lib, that I don't see.

IMHO, here is what happened, her speechwriter copy and pasted a couple of lines from the Obama speech with the intention of changing it enough where it wouldn't scream plagiarism, but for some stupid reason never actually changed it, a huge mistake.

Ken777

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:37 am

The more I think about the situation, the more I feel that the screw-up is just for the talking heads and political writers.

1. Melania is not running for an elected office - her husband is. I would bet that her level of influence if he is elected would be somewhat below that of his children.

2. Melania was reading a teleprromter in her first major national speech. I'l give her credit for working hard on that, but don't feel the screwup was her fault. While I would vote against Lassie over Trump I think his wie needs to be treated fairly on this.

Now lets watch this game to see WHO wrote those two paragraphs and who sipped it onto the teleprompter.