coolian2 wrote:

I was positive it was going to be one of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYk8of ... 818C423798

:D
Tugg

N867DA

Re: BREAKING: Trump's full speech "leaked" ahead of tonight

Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:56 pm

I see a lot more "X will announce Y at 12:00 tomorrow" type comments from the media. If they announce that they're going to announce something, haven't they already announced it? Wouldn't it be better to say, "X will make a statement about Y tomorrow", and expand the next day?

I would not be surprised if Donald Trump's speechwriters are reading the comment section on articles with the transcript to see what resonates with the base. Maybe it's not too late to change a few words around. Or delete that passage from Barack Obama's speech.

727LOVER

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:30 am

How long is this speech? HOLY COW

WarRI1

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:38 am

727LOVER wrote:

I agree, and I have never heard such bragging in my life. Do they forget Congress ? Maybe we are going to elect a King or Queen when you listen to I am, I am. They seem to forget the Gorilla in the room who also can say No! Congress is now controlled by the party of NO!

Hillis

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:51 am

I thought he said he wouldn't lie? I guess to do that he would have had to have kept his mouth shut.

dragon-wings

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:54 am

So much doom and gloom in that speech. Or airports are third world rate, crime running rampant and all that other stuff he listed. I see problems coming from republicans with his proposals. He said he will take a look at all trade deals and make a better deal or get out of them. A lot of republicans are for those trade deals. And did he tie Clinton into the downfall of Iraq? Holly Cow!

727LOVER wrote:

CNN said it was a hour and fifteen minutes.

alberchico

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:51 am

dragon-wings wrote:
So much doom and gloom in that speech. Or airports are third world rate, crime running rampant and all that other stuff he listed. .

Well there is some truth to that. Have you ever visited LaGuardia airport or traveled to Chicago ???

dragon-wings

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:45 am

alberchico wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:
So much doom and gloom in that speech. Or airports are third world rate, crime running rampant and all that other stuff he listed. .

Well there is some truth to that. Have you ever visited LaGuardia airport or traveled to Chicago ???

I do agree about LaGuardia it is bad (Newark isn't very nice either), but other airports I have been to are nice.

Hillis

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:29 pm

When ANY politician has the audacity to say "I alone can fix it", then you're dealing with a meglomanic of epic proportions. That doesn't sound like someone running for an office in a Democratic nation, it sounds like someone running for Dictator.

victrola

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:49 pm

I have an idea for a Trump campaign song: "All You Need is Hate"

seb146

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Tugger

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:33 pm

victrola wrote:

Well apparently "You Can't Always Get What You Want" was played at the end as the confetti began to fall....

I kept thinking "Fear and Loathing in Cleveland" as the theme.

Tugg

L-188

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:06 pm

victrola wrote:

That would be the Hillary supporters.

From Occupy Now, to BLM it is the liberals that have so much hatred they riot.

seb146

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:14 pm

L-188 wrote:
victrola wrote:

I don't know how you get that from "we are sick of not being included" but whatever. I guess a weeks worth of "hate Islam, hate Mexicans, hate gays, hate women, hate workers" is being ignored.

victrola

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:18 pm

L-188 wrote:

The whole convention was an orgy of hatred of Hillary, immigrants, and moslems.That's just about all that went on. We heard calls for her imprisonment and execution. These people were practically foaming at the mouth. Then we have your hero Trump saying he is the only one who can save us. It reminded me of a Nurnberg rally.

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:51 pm

seb146 wrote:
L-188 wrote:
victrola wrote:

I don't know how you get that from "we are sick of not being included" but whatever. I guess a weeks worth of "hate Islam, hate Mexicans, hate gays, hate women, hate workers" is being ignored.

Well I guess we know who's prejudiced here...

Dreadnought

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:53 pm

victrola wrote:
L-188 wrote:

The whole convention was an orgy of hatred of Hillary, immigrants, and moslems.That's just about all that went on. We heard calls for her imprisonment and execution. These people were practically foaming at the mouth. Then we have your hero Trump saying he is the only one who can save us. It reminded me of a Nurnberg rally.

Hillary, yes. Immigrants, that's your own prejudice talking. If I understand correctly we should allow Muslims to immigrate without trying to figure out who are radicals and who is not? That's all he said (I's sure you'll call that hate speech.

Tugger

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Of course the key unifying theme of the convention was not support for Trump, nor coalescing around his candidacy. It was "not HIllary" and not this and not that. The "nays" definitely carried the day(s). While done by all I would not call it unity.

The Republican's appear to be in deep doo-doo and are just trying to deflect from that.

Tugg

seb146

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:00 am

Dreadnought wrote:
victrola wrote:
L-188 wrote:

Hillary, yes. Immigrants, that's your own prejudice talking. If I understand correctly we should allow Muslims to immigrate without trying to figure out who are radicals and who is not? That's all he said (I's sure you'll call that hate speech.

So, when Trump said "we need to ban all Muslims" we were just supposed to assume he meant we need to screen each and every immigrant to this country and make sure they are not radicalized? And we are also to assume that his supporters and the base, who also carry the "ban all Muslims" flag mean exactly the same thing? sure. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

seb146

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:31 am

Dreadnought wrote:
seb146 wrote:
L-188 wrote:

Well I guess we know who's prejudiced here...

Show me where I am wrong. His VP passed a law protecting Christians. Not gays or Muslims or minorities, but Christians. The Republican party goes nuts whenever he demands that Mexico pay for a wall. The Republican party goes nuts whenever he says he will ban all Muslims. The GOP platform is the most anti-LGBTQ platform ever. The GOP is doing their level best to blend the Bible with law. Just because you say "nuh-uh" does not mean you win the argument. It just means you refuse to see the hate in your party and refuse to stop it. How many Nazi salutes have there been during Republican rallies? Trump started at least two and Laura Ingrham started one at the freakin' convention.

And your response is put your fingers in your ears and scream "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

N867DA

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:08 am

With speeches like the one Trump gave and the platform the RNC has adopted, people will be turned away from voting Republican for generations. There are many Republicans with some good ideas but the national party makes this productive immigrant to the United States rather stay at home than vote for Mr. Trump. They've legitimized ethnic populism. They've taken the party of George Wallace and made it their own. The concerns Republicans raise are valid but they have to have more nuance than "build a wall, ban the Muslims!". They're not interested in governing; they're interested in finding a schoolhouse door.