OA260
Topic Author

Breaking : Terror attack on shopping Centre in Munich , Germany

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Reports coming in of a terror attack at a shopping centre in Munich.

news.sky.com

Shots have been fired at a shopping centre in the German city of Munich, according to local police.

German media is reporting that there have been multiple deaths following the shooting at the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum (OEZ) - Bavaria's largest shopping centre.

http://news.sky.com/story/shots-fired-a ... h-10509732

L-188

Re: Breaking : Terror attack on shopping Centre in Munich , Germany

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Lets see how the news plays out before we start jumping to conclusions folks.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

OA412

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Gah! So as of now it appears to be a lone-gunman situation.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

cfischaleck

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Shocking, I've just been there on Monday. The situation is very unclear at the moment, different and contradicting information is out there. Several deaths are confirmed. Public mass transport has stopped completly, and Munichs police has asked people to stay at home and not go to public places. There might have been shots on Karlsplatz/Stachus too, which is absolutely downtown munich and very very busy at this time of the day and week. Hope this proofs wrong.

I really hope all my friends in Munich are safe.

sudden

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:41 pm

It has been confirmed that there is multiple shooters around Munich at this time.
When in doubt, flat out!

gkirk

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:48 pm

I was only in Munich 3 weeks ago, reports of a 2nd shooting near Marienplatz, which is right in the centre of Munich, as well :(
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

alberchico

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:49 pm

sudden wrote:
It has been confirmed that there is multiple shooters around Munich at this time.

Sometimes when its a large number of shots fired authorities mistakenly make that assumption, but then it turns out to a lone shooter....
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

pvjin

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Looks like these attacks are becoming the new norm, how sad. But remember, if we do something to actually stop the attacks from happening in the future terrorists win.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

sudden

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:01 pm

alberchico wrote:
sudden wrote:

Sometimes when its a large number of shots fired authorities mistakenly make that assumption, but then it turns out to a lone shooter....

True, but in this case on different locations.
When in doubt, flat out!

cfischaleck

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:06 pm

The report of Karlsplatz/Stachus has been a false information, there was no shooting there.

winterlight

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:15 pm

pvjin wrote:
Looks like these attacks are becoming the new norm.

Just as planned. The more chaos that ensues the easier the masses are to control.
Question everything. Trust no-one.

AirPacific747

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Something's in Europe gotta change. The continent is getting out of control.

Tugger

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:26 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
Something's in Europe gotta change. The continent is getting out of control.

As much as they want the world to see "Europe" as an integrated entity, the truth is it is very much still internally individual sovereign nations with differing ideas on what needs to be done. That will be the hardest part to address and needed to enable a unified position and response.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

fallap

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Stil a better year, than 1988
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

winterlight

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:37 pm

No doubt the usual dumped ID will soon be found if it hasn't already.

scbriml

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 pm

winterlight wrote:
Just as planned. The more chaos that ensues the easier the masses are to control.

winterlight wrote:
No doubt the usual dumped ID will soon be found if it hasn't already.

You know, crack-pot conspiracy theory garbage like this really is a gross insult to those innocents that lose their lives.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

winterlight

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Perhaps, Steve, it is you that is the crack-pot.

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Dumbasses like winterlight really are the scum of the earth. I've had experiences with false flag conspiracy idiots and I truly wouldn't have believed such stupidity even existed if i had not seen it myself. Recently I saw one of them go all in on the world is flat citing flightaware paths. Do the world a favor and shut the hell up, you stupid fuck.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

ACDC8

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:30 pm

fallap wrote:

I'm assuming that the peaks in the 70s/80s were due largely in part to actions of the IRA?
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

flyingturtle

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:39 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
I'm assuming that the peaks in the 70s/80s were due largely in part to actions of the IRA?

Also the bombing attack in Bologna, carried out by right-wing terrorists who had contacts with the Italian secret service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_massacre

1988 was Pan Am 103.

1974 also saw an aircraft bombing in Europe, but I don't know if it has been counted here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_841_(1974)

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

LAX772LR

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:40 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Dumbasses like winterlight really are the scum of the earth. I've had experiences with false flag conspiracy idiots and I truly wouldn't have believed such stupidity even existed if i had not seen it myself. Recently I saw one of them go all in on the world is flat citing flightaware paths. Do the world a favor and shut the hell up, you stupid fuck.

I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

jfklganyc

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Brexit

President Trump very shortly (not even rooting for it, just reading the tea leaves)

People are tired of what is going on in the West and the "hands tied, non reaction reaction" to these situations.

pvjin

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:46 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

I would say they are pretty harmless compared to asshole politicians like Merkel who continue to ignore the terrorism problem even though their very own policies have largely caused it. They are the true scum on earth.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Dahlgardo

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm

fallap wrote:

Not sure what use that graph is.
I would argue the amount of deaths in 2015/2016 only is relatively low because of the huge amount of money and time spend on security and counter terrorism.

IMHO the threat from terrorism has never been highter than it is now.
The potential number of people who are willing to perform a mass murder on innocent civillians, but who have not yet had the opportunity is probably very high.
And all motivated by the same ideology.
7th century mindset with 21st century weapons.
What can go wrong.
These are ugly times.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle

pvjin

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:36 pm

Is there any confirmation of the attackers identities yet? It's now 5 years from the massacre committed by Breivik in Norway, so could be some nazi nutjob too.

lugie

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:51 pm

pvjin wrote:
Is there any confirmation of the attackers identities yet? It's now 5 years from the massacre committed by Breivik in Norway, so could be some nazi nutjob too.

Nothing confirmed yet at all, but concerning in recent attack often-quoted "yells" there are rumors that one of the attackers was shouting "scheiß Ausländer" which roughly translates to "f***ing immigrants"...

As I said, far from being confirmed but given the date today definitely (exactly 5 years after Oslo attacks), not unlikely.
DH4 E75 E90 CR9 CRK M88 319 320 321 332 333 359 733 73G 738 739 748 764 772 77W 788
X3 LH 4U TP US SN EI FR IB LX LA CM UA DL AA AS WN AC
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW YYZ SJO PTY

EA CO AS

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:19 pm

lugie wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Nothing confirmed yet at all, but concerning in recent attack often-quoted "yells" there are rumors that one of the attackers was shouting "scheiß Ausländer" which roughly translates to "f***ing immigrants"...

I'd bet whatever was shouted rhymed with "Aloha snackbar."

Oh wait...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/europe/ge ... index.html

A witness who will only be identified as Lauretta told CNN her son was in a bathroom with a shooter at the McDonald's. "That's where he loaded his weapon," she said. "I hear like an alarm and boom, boom, boom... And he's still killing the children. The children were sitting to ear. They can't run." Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or God is great. "I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry."
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Hillis

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:04 pm

L-188 wrote:
Lets see how the news plays out before we start jumping to conclusions folks.

Says the guy who won't hesitate to blame a Black Lives Matter protester the second a cop is shot.
jfklganyc wrote:
Brexit

President Trump very shortly (not even rooting for it, just reading the tea leaves)

People are tired of what is going on in the West and the "hands tied, non reaction reaction" to these situations.

Sorry, but someone with 70% disapproval ratings isn't going to come near winning. Just reading the tea leaves.

Hillis

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:06 pm

pvjin wrote:
Looks like these attacks are becoming the new norm, how sad. But remember, if we do something to actually stop the attacks from happening in the future terrorists win.

That is not true. The terrorist win when the force us to become more like they are. They want us to become like them, and far too many in the West are more than happy to accommodate them.

pvjin

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Hillis wrote:
pvjin wrote:

That is not true. The terrorist win when the force us to become more like they are. They want us to become like them, and far too many in the West are more than happy to accommodate them.

There's an alternative where we don't become like them, nor do we have to stand and watch them killing more and more western people either. With proper migration policy, border control and deportation of those who fail to integrate we could enjoy our western freedoms in peace. IMO the true essence of western freedoms and democracy has never been to allow hateful idiots practice their stone age ideology without anybody interfering. We should protect our secular way of life from religious idiocy, not the other way around.

Obviously even with rational migration policies we would have extreme left and right to deal with, but current policies seem to do decent job keeping them in check most of the time already.
Last edited by pvjin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpio

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Reports now that a shooter has been found dead; shot himself in the head. Apparently an unemployed German. I may be wrong, but shooting yourself in the head doesn't strike me as typical MO for ISIS terrorists.

Also, video of a / the shooter atop a parking garage. At one point, he can be heard saying 'Ich bin Deutscher' ('I'm German'). Fires a few shots too.
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/videozone/nieuws/buitenland/1.2720487

Hillis

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Scorpio wrote:
Reports now that a shooter has been found dead; shot himself in the head. Apparently an unemployed German. I may be wrong, but shooting yourself in the head doesn't strike me as typical MO for ISIS terrorists.

Also, video of a / the shooter atop a parking garage. At one point, he can be heard saying 'Ich bin Deutscher' ('I'm German'). Fires a few shots too.
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/videozone/nieuws/buitenland/1.2720487

Cadet85 will be crushed.

na

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 pm

The man they found dead about 1 km from the location of the murders wears black clothes and carries a red rucksack, like the darkhaired killer from McDonalds. The police thinks its him.
Wether the shooter on the park deck is the same man is unclear. He also wears black. This man said when shouted at by witnesses that he "was born in Germany", and that he was living in a "Hartz 4" area (German expression for people living from welfare). That doesnt make it clear if he´s ethic German or not. Its not very clear but it appears to me his accent is not Bavarian, it sounds more like Eastern German.

Let me say that at this point we dont know wether this mass murder has an islamistic background. Lots of false information is floating around.

EA CO AS

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 pm

Scorpio wrote:
Reports now that a shooter has been found dead; shot himself in the head. Apparently an unemployed German... Also, video of a / the shooter atop a parking garage. At one point, he can be heard saying 'Ich bin Deutscher' ('I'm German').

But how can this be? I mean, Germany has "common-sense gun laws," don't they? :roll:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

winterlight

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:02 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

And I love you, too.

Now, as it seems this is a German Breivik-inspired attack, lets put this one to bed, shall we? We can now wait for the next 'genuine' lone wolf, IS sympathising, Allahu Akbar-shouting, mainstream media porn. You can all take great pleasure in calling me a nut job again then, can't you.

Tugger

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:03 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
Reports now that a shooter has been found dead; shot himself in the head. Apparently an unemployed German... Also, video of a / the shooter atop a parking garage. At one point, he can be heard saying 'Ich bin Deutscher' ('I'm German').

But how can this be? I mean, Germany has "common-sense gun laws," don't they? :roll:

Are you trying to turn this into a gun control issue? Isn't that something you rail against, get annoyed when people do it?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

L-188

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:24 am

Tugger wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

Are you trying to turn this into a gun control issue? Isn't that something you rail against, get annoyed when people do it?

Tugg

No he is demonstrating how stupid gun control laws are, they don't prevent this from happening.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Hillis

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:29 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

When Germany starts having shootings every week, hell, every day, THEN your statement will have a wee bit of validity. Until then, it's simply an attempt in trying to take the focus off the Gun Nut Society in the U.S.

Hillis

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:32 am

L-188 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

Tugg

No he is demonstrating how stupid gun control laws are, they don't prevent this from happening.

Tell that to Australia, mate. You can say that when there's not shootings EVERY DAY, like there is in this nation. Unfortunatly, people like yourself are so afraid of what would happen if we DID get rid of most guns, and if peace actually broke out, that you won't even consider even marginal improvements to guns laws.

The Gun Nut Society always perks up its ears and says "See! It happens in other places!!', every time there's a shooting somewhere other than the U.S. But what you miss is the fact that, because of their stricter laws, they don't have 30,000 deaths a year due to firearms. Even the best gun laws can't stop every shooting, but if it cuts down on the body count that you have built your "Constitutional Rights" on with your view of the 2nd Amendment, then we're a better nation.

Erebus

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:36 am

L-188 wrote:

That kind of logic doesn't only apply to gun control laws.

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:13 am

L-188 wrote:

There is stupid and then there is this. What do the murder rates in most other leading countries with substantially less firearms and more stringent laws say? L-188 is the consummate example of pure ignorance and delusion at its finest.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

PacificBeach88

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:16 am

Dahlgardo wrote:
Not sure what use that graph is.
I would argue the amount of deaths in 2015/2016 only is relatively low because of the huge amount of money and time spend on security and counter terrorism.

IMHO the threat from terrorism has never been highter than it is now.

You're claiming "truthiness" as Steven Colbert famously introduced into our lexicon back in 2005/2006. "The quality of seeming or being felt to be true, even if not true". You feel you're more in danger and glibly dismissed the actual facts / chart. To soothe your gut feelings and emotional response you tried to claim yet another silly notion that somehow more money must be being spent now, therefore, the problem must be worse.

Here in the USA people lose their minds in similar fashion. In the past 20 years, we've lost less than 4,000 people domestically to terrorism, and that includes 9/11 which is 85% of the total figure. In the past 20 years however, the USA has lost approx. 1.2 MILLION people to guns and auto accidents domestically.

sierrakilo44

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:46 am

Just been announced the attacker was a German Iranian dual citizen. Before the calls of "Muslims again!" begin, note that Iranians are mostly Shia Muslims, whereas most organised attacks have been carried out by Sunnis, like IS. The Iranian government has troops on the ground in Syria and Iraq actively fighting IS. This may not be an attack inspired by IS

MrHMSH

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:38 am

L-188 wrote:

EA CO AS wrote:

Laws practically never prevent things happening, things that are still illegal happen, such as murder, rape, theft. Germany's gun death rate is 10 times lower than the USA. It evidently doesn't prevent mass shootings entirely, but in Germany the times between mass shootings are measured in years rather than days. Or hours.

When we comment on gun laws in the States, you question why we have such an interest in your gun laws, and then politely tell us to mind our own business. Well, this is Europe, and you're not European, so...

zckls04

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:14 am

EA CO AS wrote:

L-188 wrote:

Name me one law that completely stops the activity it is designed to combat.

Thought not.
Four Granavox Turbines!

fr8mech

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:12 am

zckls04 wrote:

Laws aren't designed to stop anything, they are designed to punish those that do something that society has found to be abhorrent.

So, what's new with this story? Any overnight developments?

This act
An aspiring axe-murderer
Nice
Turkey x2
Brussels
Paris x2

A few more scattered around Europe. Is terrorism making a comeback in Europe?
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

zckls04

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:45 am

fr8mech wrote:
zckls04 wrote:

Laws aren't designed to stop anything, they are designed to punish those that do something that society has found to be abhorrent.

Yep, that's kind of the point.....
Four Granavox Turbines!

Tugger

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:00 am

zckls04 wrote:
fr8mech wrote:
zckls04 wrote:

Yep, that's kind of the point.....

Wow, you both don't understand laws.... Yes some laws have consequences and punishment attached to them to not followed, but truly laws are created as essential tools of a functioning society. They are the rules and the lines that define the society. In democratic societies they are created and agreed on by the members of the society, and this is by mutual agreement.

Laws cannot be just enforced, and the threat of punishment cannot be why they are followed. People have to willingly follow them, submit to them, and do so themselves alone. Otherwise it will all fail.

Tugg

fr8mech

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:49 am

Tugger wrote:
Wow, you both don't understand laws

No, I understand them rather well. And, you're not wrong about them being an essential tool in a functioning society.

Not to get into a philosophical discussion, but it is my belief that if it simply a law that keeps you from doing something, then you are already corrupted, and you're just looking for the opportunity to break the law. Basically, Lewis' definition of integrity

Now, that's a very broad, very general overview of my position on the matter. If you'd like to discuss my position on laws and society...start a thread.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

Kiwirob

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:51 am

fr8mech wrote:
zckls04 wrote:

So, what's new with this story? Any overnight developments?

This act
An aspiring axe-murderer
Nice
Turkey x2
Brussels
Paris x2

A few more scattered around Europe. Is terrorism making a comeback in Europe?

What happens in turkey isn't really relative to what has happened in Europe.