Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bmacleod
Topic Author

Trump encouraging Russian espionage?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Can Trump be indicted for treason for this?

He wants Russia to find some 30,000 'missing emails from Clinton's private server...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-hack-hillary-clinton/index.html
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

bmacleod
Topic Author

Re: Trump encouraging Russian espionage?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Now we know for sure what will happen if Trump wins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU49MR19CcA
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

seb146

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:31 pm

I doubt he can be indicted for that. Although it is suspicious that some of his big donors are Russian and the DNC email dump happened just before the DNC convention and allegedly by Russians, so there is that.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

bhill

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Yeah....following the network paths and addressing from the hacker is a REAL eye opener...
Carpe Pices

pvjin

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Every American should be thankful that Russia helps voters to see how truly rotten the US political system truly is, and what Clinton truly is. Compared to Clinton Trump is a real angel.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Ken777

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Personally I believe that Trump is actually stupid when it comes to issues like this. He's really stuck on anything "Russian" and this is about as low as he can get. This one will be on his back for some time.

In terms of violating any laws let's take a wait and see for now. Let the various prosecutors review the situation. get results fro a now needed FBI investigation and then take needed action. What irony if Trump wins the election, but is found guilty by a jury and is impeached and kicked out of office.

PacificBeach88

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:19 pm

pvjin wrote:
Every American should be thankful that Russia helps voters to see how truly rotten the US political system truly is, and what Clinton truly is. Compared to Clinton Trump is a real angel.

I guess I then look forward to the Russians hacking Donald Trump's company emails from Ivanka, Donald Jr., Eric, Ivan, Vlad, etc.. and putting them up at Wikileaks too.

winterlight

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:23 pm

pvjin wrote:

Absolutely. Clintons are Corrupt Inc.
Question everything. Trust no-one.

PacificBeach88

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:27 pm

The other thing that annoys me about this whole b.s. argument about Hillary's 30,000 emails, is she had already turned her server over to her lawyers, who had the subpoena in hand, got thru her emails to give the State Dept all of her work related emails. I'm sorry, but I highly doubt any of you could comb thru nearly 100,000 of your own emails (as if you get that many) and determine which were personal and which were business. I average 150 emails to 200 emails a day. To any of you mid-tier managers like Dreadnought and EA AS CO BM FF, in any legal depositions have you had to comb thru 10 or 15 years worth of emails to give to legal counsel? Yeah.....thought not. If you asked your legal or corp team to give up whatever was work related, and they didn't? Who's fault would you consider that? Your's or their's? Be honest!

PacificBeach88

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:33 pm

winterlight wrote:
pvjin wrote:

I'm so happy you aren't qualified to be a voter in the USA.

DocLightning

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:39 pm

bmacleod wrote:
Can Trump be indicted for treason for this?

He wants Russia to find some 30,000 'missing emails from Clinton's private server...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-hack-hillary-clinton/index.html

I don't think this qualifies as treason. It's certainly very troubling that he seems to have allegiances outside of the nation of which he wants to be President.

But treason would be giving aid and comfort to an enemy. Russia is technically not our enemy and unless Mr. Trump or his people under his direction actually helped the Russian government hack an U.S. Government system, it's not treason.

That said, the Rosenbergs...
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

lugie

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:49 pm

DocLightning wrote:

I don't think this qualifies as treason. It's certainly very troubling that he seems to have allegiances outside of the nation of which he wants to be President.

But treason would be giving aid and comfort to an enemy. Russia is technically not our enemy and unless Mr. Trump or his people under his direction actually helped the Russian government hack an U.S. Government system, it's not treason.

That said, the Rosenbergs...

Well Russia isn't exactly an ally either and here in Germany we had a huge uproar when Snowden leaked NSA surveillance on German top politicians even though the US (at least under Obama and Clinton) is one of our most important allies (plus every person with some mental capabilities should be certain that Russia, China etc are doing the same just without having had a whistleblower yet).

Also isn't this whole thing under the premise that Trump assumes these E-mails to be top classified? Maybe the attorneys can find a hint of him actually aiding potential hackers and if there really is highly classified information they could try him for treason...
Q400 E175 E190 CRJ7 CRJ9 CRJX MD88 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A359 B733 B73G B738 B739 B748 B764 B772 B77W B788 B789
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW IAD YYZ SJO PTY

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Putin's butt boy calling America's political system rotten is one of the most genuinely hilarious things I have ever seen.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

par13del

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:37 pm

I look at it this way, it is a sad indictment on the US level of technology prowess when someone wants / needs / has to approach outsiders to secure access to information, I do wonder why he did not also request the Chinese assistance, after all, they appear to be the boss of the hackers.

QANTAS077

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:54 pm

pvjin wrote:

Lol, I guess every Russian should be thankful for the rotten and corrupt Putin, yeah?

mbmbos

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 pm

pvjin wrote:

False equivalency to compare Trump to Clinton.

Clinton is competent, intelligent, experienced and comports herself as a head of state should. The right wing echo machine has been pushing the line she is a liar but they come up short on facts. She has been scrutinized for the past twenty years by endless committees spending millions of U.S. tax dollars and these witch hunts have come up with bupkis. In fact Vox did an analysis and found her far less likely to lie than any of the Republican candidates for president this year.

Then you have the Republican nominee for president, who has invited the Russian government to, in effect, attack the U.S. by hacking email. He's a blowhard, he has no experience, he has a long record shorting vendors, filing six bankruptcies, brow-beating, smearing and sliming his opponents. And most damning, appealing to racists and xenophobes in the United States, giving them an outlet for their rancid and hateful intentions.

Every American is watching what Trump has done today. It eventually adds up. Clinton will win, but Trump has already done a whole lot of damage to my country.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

mham001

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Anybody who is making the claim or even asking that the question of treason is just a dumbass. Too dumb to listen to the context of the quotes, too dumb to question the anti-Trump media.

Here is what he said:
On allegations of Russian computer hacking and Mrs. Clinton’s emails

“By the way, they hacked — they probably have her 33,000 emails. I hope they do. They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted because you’d see some beauties there. So let’s see.”

“And that’s why — if it is Russia, nobody even knows this, it’s probably China, or it could be somebody sitting in his bed. But it shows how weak we are, it shows how disrespected we are. Total — assuming it’s Russia or China or one of the major countries and competitors, it’s a total sign of disrespect for our country. Putin and the leaders throughout the world have no respect for our country anymore and they certainly have no respect for our leader. So I know nothing about it. It’s one of the most far-fetched I’ve ever heard.”

On Mr. Putin and Russia’s alleged hacking of the Democratic National Committee email system

“Why do I have to get involved with Putin? I have nothing to do with Putin. I’ve never spoken to him. I don’t know anything about him other than he will respect me. He doesn’t respect our president. And if it is Russia — which it’s probably not, nobody knows who it is — but if it is Russia, it’s really bad for a different reason, because it shows how little respect they have for our country, when they would hack into a major party and get everything. But it would be interesting to see — I will tell you this — Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens. That’ll be next. Yes, sir.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/po ... ights.html

Now, people should be asking why Hillary has not had a press conference in nne months, and even then only answered 7 screened questions.

DocLightning

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:47 pm

mham001 wrote:
Here is what he said:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.”

Funny you didn't quote that line. That's kinda the big deal line.

And frankly, if you're rooting against the USA, then get out of my country.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

DfwRevolution

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:09 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Clinton is competent, intelligent, experienced and comports herself as a head of state should.

Competent? She would have been fired from her last job had the public learned the details of her private email server while she was still in office. Our FBI Director just told us she was "extremely careless" at handling hundreds of classified communications.

And what does "comporting herself as a head of state should" do for anyone? Clinton has indeed mastered the traditional political craft of giving speeches where she promises 32 policy initiatives that will go nowhere. Clinton is no doubt able to hold a microphone and tell you something in a soothing voice that is the total opposite of what she believes.

If Clinton really was as competent, intelligent, experienced, and composed as you suggest, why is she running her campaign in almost total isolation from the press? Clinton has done hardly anything in this campaign season that wasn't a tightly scripted or controlled event. For better or worse, you are getting pure unfiltered Trump any time that he speaks.

mbmbos wrote:
The right wing echo machine has been pushing the line she is a liar but they come up short on facts.

They right has come up short on indictments. That Hillary Clinton lies is not in dispute. Compare Hillary Clinton's public statements to her personal correspondence and it shows that she knew she was speaking lies regarding her email server and the Benghazi attacks.

DocLightening even says he's comfortable with that because at least we know her lies.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

mham001

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:38 pm

DocLightning wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Here is what he said:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.”

And lo and behold, one of whom I spoke of earlier. Apparently, reading is hard, and comprehension, harder.

And frankly, if you are rooting for Hillary, you are rooting for corruption at the highest levels possible. Get out of my country.
Last edited by mham001 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingman

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
That Hillary Clinton lies is not in dispute. Compare Hillary Clinton's public statements to her personal correspondence and it shows that she knew she was speaking lies regarding her email server and the Benghazi attacks.

Again, you are suggesting that you know Hillary Clinton lies and that the FBI and ten congressional investigations were so inept or somehow mind-controlled by Hillary that they didn't really try to catch her in an intentionally criminal act meriting prosecution. Even you would have to agree that you sound like a lunatic.

And I guess I come back to the age old question: how is it that Republicans are so adamant about investigating Hillary for the eleventh time about her email server and the deaths of a handful of personnel acting against the warnings of the same department Hillary was in charge of but yet they refuse to investigate even once the lies perpetuated on the American people by Bush Jr. and his inner circle that led to the deaths and maiming of 100,000 young American men and women. It certainly tells me one thing, you guys don't really give a shit about this country. Or we can call it even by agreeing that the Clinton's lie, but Republicans murder by the tens of thousands. I'll take Hillary.

N867DA

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:54 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
winterlight wrote:
pvjin wrote:

I am, and he's right. The Clintons are almost certainly corrupt politicians seeking power more than some better state of being for America. The views they espouse, however, are closer to my own so I may end up voting for them. Hillary Clinton may be a lying, corrupt garbage bag of a candidate but Donald Trump is much worse. What kind of political candidate encourages foreign governments to spy on his own country?
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Tugger

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:59 pm

To anyone: Please name one politician, or any person for that matter, that does not lie.

I m not excusing anything, just noting that making such a statement, especially regarding politicians, is spurious at best. For me I would vet the "she lied" claim against what would be found with any politician placed under the same scrutiny as Hillary has been. But that again, is not excusing lies, it is just accepting that the world is round and politicians lie.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

johnboy

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:02 pm

mham001 wrote:

On Mr. Putin and Russia’s alleged hacking of the Democratic National Committee email system

“Why do I have to get involved with Putin? I have nothing to do with Putin. I’ve never spoken to him. I don’t know anything about him other than he will respect me. He doesn’t respect our president.

Oh, except he did meet Putin

.http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/7/27/1553246/-Pathological-liar-Trump-says-he-s-never-met-Putin-Before-that-I-got-to-know-him-very-well

Pathological liar, indeed.

mham001

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:14 pm

johnboy wrote:
mham001 wrote:

“Why do I have to get involved with Putin? I have nothing to do with Putin. I’ve never spoken to him. I don’t know anything about him other than he will respect me. He doesn’t respect our president.

Oh, except he did meet Putin

.http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/7/27/1553246/-Pathological-liar-Trump-says-he-s-never-met-Putin-Before-that-I-got-to-know-him-very-well

Pathological liar, indeed.

If true (Daily Kos cough, cough), it would almost rank up there with Hillary being shot at in helicopter.

I am having a hard time though with Democrats wanting to bring to light, once again, that there are 30,000 emails out there that the US government (apparently) cannot find, but they say the Russians did. How embarrassing is that? Who's in charge of that again?

johnboy

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:19 pm

mham001 wrote:
Anybody who is making the claim or even asking that the question of treason is just a dumbass. Too dumb to listen to the context of the quotes, too dumb to question the anti-Trump media.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/27/1553327/-Former-George-W-Bush-NSC-Official-Trump-s-Call-for-Russian-Hacking-is-Tantamount-to-Treason

Now I realize this guy is probably a stone cold dumbass too. Ugh, seriously -- who does he think he is? Worked in the NSA under George W. Bush and in the State Department prior to that -- so what? He probably just hates Trump because he's a successful businessman and part of the Republican Establishment.

Go Trump because "Murica"!

:roll:

N757ST

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:22 pm

DocLightning wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Here is what he said:

Doc, I think you are from NYC... I would've thought you would have developed some kind of sarcasm detector by now. He was being sarcastic, nothing more to see here.

mham001

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:24 pm

johnboy wrote:
mham001 wrote:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/27/1553327/-Former-George-W-Bush-NSC-Official-Trump-s-Call-for-Russian-Hacking-is-Tantamount-to-Treason

Now I realize this guy is probably a stone cold dumbass too. Ugh, seriously -- who does he think he is? Worked in the NSA under George W. Bush and in the State Department prior to that -- so what? He probably just hates Trump because he's a successful businessman and part of the Republican Establishment.

I don't know, he could be a dumbass. Is the Daily Kos his primary source of news?

Hillis

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:45 pm

pvjin wrote:

Every American should be wary of people like you, who always have 3 nice words to say for all the really bad nations of the world for every 1 word that you utter that is decent about the U.S. Don't act like Russia is some saint, it's not. Comparied to Russia, the U.S. is, indeed, a veritable paradise. It certainly doesn't have a group of people who are willing to be led around for hundreds of years by dictators, and who won't stand up for any real sort of freedom.

You're welcome to your opinion, friend, but without the United States around, people like you would be stuck in very deep, dark world, mark my words.

And no, I'm no Trump supporter or right-wing lunatic. But it does get tiring reading dictatorial apologists like yourself.

Hillis

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:47 pm

N867DA wrote:
PacificBeach88 wrote:
winterlight wrote:

I am, and he's right. The Clintons are almost certainly corrupt politicians seeking power more than some better state of being for America. The views they espouse, however, are closer to my own so I may end up voting for them. Hillary Clinton may be a lying, corrupt garbage bag of a candidate but Donald Trump is much worse. What kind of political candidate encourages foreign governments to spy on his own country?

That strikes me as particulary funny, when seeing who Hillary Clinton is running against for President. Hillary can't hold a candle to this blowhard when it comes to corruption.

L-188

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:17 am

If the russians are willing to go and show the world what a snake Hillary is and how she is a lawbreaker out for her own ends, then more power to them.

It's a job that sadly the FBI proved unwilling to perform despite them law enforcement mandate.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

johnboy

Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:01 am

It's astounding to me to see people on here espousing for Russia to infiltrate our elections.
What proud "patriots" you must be. Even the Gang of Four goons.

Aaron747

Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:52 am

I think Rear Adm. (Ret) Huston said it best in his DNC speech a couple hours ago: 'Donald, you aren't fit to shine John McCain's shoes'.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Okie

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:22 am

So DNC spent a day before the convention being controlled by the WikiLeaks.
Then the first day was all about dealing with Bernie Sanders.
Now two Days about Donald Trump.

Does the Democrat Party have anything to offer here or are they just operating out of fear and are being controlled by outside sources.
Never had heard of a convention where the only topics were about the other party.

Okie

WarRI1

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:45 am

Aaron747 wrote:
I think Rear Adm. (Ret) Huston said it best in his DNC speech a couple hours ago: 'Donald, you aren't fit to shine John McCain's shoes'.

Absolutely, a true American Hero who was shot down, survived, and survived years of imprisonment and torture and lasting deformity from it. Anyone who can belittle that service and record must be an Idiot. :o :shock:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

HGL

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:36 am

L-188 wrote:
If the russians are willing to go and show the world what a snake Hillary is and how she is a lawbreaker out for her own ends, then more power to them.

Now why would the Russians do that? Out of philanthropic concern for the American people?

If the Russians were to try and influence an election by releasing damaging emails (assuming such exist) they would be doing it for their own ends. How would they benefit?

Perhaps because they believe that Trump would be a weaker President. Perhaps they believe he lacks a coherent policy. Perhaps they believe that he would surround himself with yes men, rather than competent advisers. Whatever: if the Russians want a win for Trump it is because it benefits Russia, not because it benefits the USA.

Now, if the Russians are correct in their assessment, how do you believe the US benefits from electing their preferred man?
Qui omnes despicit, omnibus displicit.

Aaron747

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:38 am

Okie wrote:
So DNC spent a day before the convention being controlled by the WikiLeaks.
Then the first day was all about dealing with Bernie Sanders.
Now two Days about Donald Trump.

Does the Democrat Party have anything to offer here or are they just operating out of fear and are being controlled by outside sources.
Never had heard of a convention where the only topics were about the other party.

Okie

I see what you did there, LOL
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

PacificBeach88

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:48 am

Aaron747 wrote:

I see what you did there, LOL

The second I see a poster use the stupid word "Democrat" party, I know they are a Limbaugh, Hannity, Glenn Beck, moron. For some reason they couldn't grasp the reality of the Democratic party being so part of the USA's history. I would expect nothing less if I called the Republican party the "Republic" party. It's stupid. It's juvenile. And it shows what clowns they are to listen to hate radio AM, and FAUX News.

stratosphere

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:51 am

PacificBeach88 wrote:
winterlight wrote:
pvjin wrote:

I for one am a qualified voter and I agree with everything pvjin said. The Clintons are as dirty as dirty gets. Ask the Haitians how all that money Bill Clinton helped raise for that nation after the earthquake virtually none of it went to the people of Haiti most of it found its way into the Clinton foundation. Bengazi well that speaks for itself. Not to mention all the so called "friends" of the Clinton clan who suddenly wound up dead with the body bags following them I wouldn't want to be friends with them. Her E mail scandal the list goes on and on. Trump is a # 1 A**clown and narcissist to no end but doesn't hold a candle to the evils of the Clintons. No sir I wish my vote for Gary Johnson would have a chance but since it doesn't Trump it is!

PacificBeach88

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:59 am

stratosphere wrote:

I for one am a qualified voter and I agree with everything pvjin said. The Clintons are as dirty as dirty gets. Ask the Haitians how all that money Bill Clinton helped raise for that nation after the earthquake virtually none of it went to the people of Haiti most of it found its way into the Clinton foundation. Bengazi well that speaks for itself. Not to mention all the so called "friends" of the Clinton clan who suddenly wound up dead with the body bags following them I wouldn't want to be friends with them. Her E mail scandal the list goes on and on. Trump is a # 1 A**clown and narcissist to no end but doesn't hold a candle to the evils of the Clintons. No sir I wish my vote for Gary Johnson would have a chance but since it doesn't Trump it is!

Thank you for posting your fever dreams about the Clintons. I know you won't bother to check out snopes.com, but normal, independent voters, will. You sir, are just like the other 26% of Republican voters who thought GW Bush was doing a fantastic job as President as he sailed out of office. One of the lowest in recorded history. But go ahead, claim that GW Bush wasn't a "true conservative" like so many these days. It reminds me of Jesse Ventura in MN. Somehow he won, even though 2 / 3 years after the fact no one would admit they actually voted for the twit. The same goes for GW Bush. You twits elected him.....TWICE! And then you run away from him as "not a true conservative". Give me a break. You've shown you can't govern to save your lives. You only want to get your ammo, dive into your bunkers, and shoot anyone that doesn't look like you.

That said, fortunately, every 4 years another 1 MILLION hispanic voters are registered to vote. You will be in the dustbin of history if you don't change your tune. TRUTH!

seb146

Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:09 am

I saw a meme on Facebook recently that went something like:

Hillary has been under investigation for the better part of 30 years and still there is nothing to arrest her and try her on. Yet, the right keeps spending millions of our tax dollars to find something. Anything.

She is a politician. She lies about stuff. Just like Trump. And W. And Cheney. And Reagan. Yes, three CIA agents were killed while she was Secretary of State. Because of Republican demanded sequester cuts. And because the CIA agents in Libya said they did not want any more security. After they were asked if they wanted more.

But, her "missing" emails are the thing we should focus on and not the fact that Trump is not willing to give up his tax returns (what is he hiding?) and asking Russia to hack the United States government? How patriotic.

Since we are all pissed off and outraged over three dead CIA agents in Libya, how about we go ahead and investigate the scores killed under W? Let's keep pounding away on that and just keep asking questions until we find dirt on W and Cheney and Rumsfeld and Golzales? That seems to be the thing to do, right?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

DocLightning

Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:50 am

N757ST wrote:
Doc, I think you are from NYC... I would've thought you would have developed some kind of sarcasm detector by now. He was being sarcastic, nothing more to see here.

I'm from Michigan, but lived in NYC and SF Area. My sarcasm detector works just fine. He meant it. And you don't say that, even sarcastically.

Again, if you are rooting against America...

...out.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

EA CO AS

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:36 am

DocLightning wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Here is what he said:

Funny you didn't quote that line. That's kinda the big deal line..

You DO realize there's no server to hack, right? It no longer exists.

He's saying that if the Russians did manage to hack her e-mails back when they were on her private server, perhaps they'd also share the 30,000 or so that were somehow missing from what she turned over to the FBI, noting that the media would have a field day with them.

But of course, that's not what the media or the DNC heard; they heard it as "treason!"

The funny thing in all of this is that not only did Trump NOT encourage Russian espionage, he's now got the words "Clinton" "e-mail" "hack" and "espionage" firmly in the minds of the public, and away from the Democratic National Convention!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

QANTAS077

Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:21 am

L-188 wrote:

It's a job that sadly the FBI proved unwilling to perform despite them law enforcement mandate.

do you seriously think the Russian's don't have an ulterior motive?

einsteinboricua

Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:20 pm

mham001 wrote:
If true (Daily Kos cough, cough), it would almost rank up there with Hillary being shot at in helicopter.

There's no "IF" here.

Contradictions

I got to know him [Putin] very well
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

pvjin

Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:42 pm

HGL wrote:
L-188 wrote:

Now why would the Russians do that? Out of philanthropic concern for the American people?

If the Russians were to try and influence an election by releasing damaging emails (assuming such exist) they would be doing it for their own ends. How would they benefit?

Perhaps because they believe that Trump would be a weaker President. Perhaps they believe he lacks a coherent policy. Perhaps they believe that he would surround himself with yes men, rather than competent advisers. Whatever: if the Russians want a win for Trump it is because it benefits Russia, not because it benefits the USA.

Now, if the Russians are correct in their assessment, how do you believe the US benefits from electing their preferred man?

Russian government likely believes that Trump would go for more friendly relationship with Russia and get rid of those stupid sanctions. Getting rid of those sanctions would benefit both Americans and Russians through increasing trade, less world tension and so on. Hillary on the other hand is more likely to continue having hard line towards Russia, increasing world tension, harming ordinary people's lives and benefiting only weapons manufacturers who likely fund her.

Hillary's victory would be bad for my country too, our economy is in ruins partially because of western sanctions towards Russia. So for sake of all Finnish people I hope Trump wins.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:51 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
But of course, that's not what the media or the DNC heard; they heard it as "treason!"

The funny thing in all of this is that not only did Trump NOT encourage Russian espionage, he's now got the words "Clinton" "e-mail" "hack" and "espionage" firmly in the minds of the public, and away from the Democratic National Convention!

Oh Christ what script are you reading from? If HRC or O did it you would be frothing like a rabid dog; your party regularly wants to shoot/hang/dismember/turn into paste/bury/draw and quarter both of them for "treason" without ever identifying what exactly that treason is.

Trump and the RNC had a gift planted in their lap with this hack; there was no mention of Russia until Trump made it an issue. The GOP/RNC/Assange/Putin were denying any involvement until Trump placed it squarely in their laps. People *were* thinking Clinton/email/hack and now thanks to Trump they're thinking Russia/email/hack. Putin knows Trump will treat him with kid gloves; he also knows Trump is a moron that he could easily control with small amounts of money and spray tan. What Putin *might* now be realizing is that Trump is so stupid that he'll blow the whole thing up just by opening his yapper.
I don't take responsibility at all

Dreadnought

Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:57 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
He's saying that if the Russians did manage to hack her e-mails back when they were on her private server, perhaps they'd also share the 30,000 or so that were somehow missing from what she turned over to the FBI, noting that the media would have a field day with them.

Don't you love Liberal double standards - Trump makes a joke about Russia helping with the search for Clinton's deleted emails - which is not incitement to anything as those emails are already either stashed somewhere not accessible online or completely wiped. The real scandal was that Hillary exclusively used an unsecured server in her bathroom. And don't we remember when Obama in summer of 2008 sent a letter to Iran hand delivered by former ambassador, William Miller telling the Iranian government not to negotiate with the outgoing George Bush administration, and that if elected he would be a lot more “friendly” towards the régime. That wasn't treason... nooooo. Making a joke about Hillary's incompetance is... Go figure.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

tommy1808

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
And don't we remember when Obama in summer of 2008 sent a letter to Iran hand delivered by former ambassador,.

I may be just searching with the wrong key words, and it is not even on snopes, is there any somewhat mainstream source for that, or at least one that isn´t word of mouth of some neo-conservative think tank member? Not that everything on conservative websites is a lie, in no way, but my google Fu can´t even find something on Foxnews about it. And that does make me suspicious.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

910A

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Don't you love Liberal double standards - Trump makes a joke about Russia helping with the search for Clinton's deleted emails - which is not incitement to anything as those emails are already either stashed somewhere not accessible online or completely wiped.

A person running for the top government office in the United States doesn't joke about something like this, especially on the heels of his comments, about NATO, Crimea, etc. Trump is the guy that also stated that Senator Kaine was a lousy Governor of New Jersey. When did Kaine get elected governor of NJ? Back to national security:
For the first time, perhaps, since Vietnam, the Democratic Party is now the party of national security expertise—not just in its own rhetoric, but in the eyes of national-security specialists on both sides. One of the most striking facts about the election of 2016 is that a sizable majority of Republican foreign-policy professionals appear to agree with Obama and Biden. They believe that Trump is a far greater danger to U.S. national security than Clinton is—and many of them say they will even vote for her. And it's the Democrats who are selling themselves as stronger, tougher and smarter than the Republicans when it comes to securing America’s place in the world.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... z4FiMVIzIg