Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Aesma wrote:
777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And when Fox polls Fox viewers, Trump's approval rating is 80%. What is your point?


Trump is not President. Obama is. Putin is. I said Putin had a higher approval rating than Obama when people were saying how bad Putin is and how Good Obama is - the numbers tell otherwise.

If you can't follow that conversation that is your problem.


Dictators often have 99% approval ratings, is it something meaningful ?


It's just as meaningful, or meaningless, as Obama's approval rating.

I quote WarRI1 on Obama:

"With an approval rating above 50% from what I last heard, maybe 58%. If true, that tells a story."

But yeah, use the line that people are still living in fear in Russia to dismiss Putin's numbers as being boosted by fear.

Also, provide evidence that dictators often have 99% approval ratings since you made that specific claim (asking for evidence to back up a claim like that would be expected in here).
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16531
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 pm

sccutler wrote:
I find Mrs. Clinton repugnant to every sense of decency I can imagine.

Mr. Trump may be able to surprise us, with complexity and character we've never observed. But it doesn't look likely.

Can the republic endure four (or eight) years of Mrs. Clinton's brand of ruling? I guess we'll find out.


Let's just cut to the chase as to how this looks to people abroad: 'WTF, are these two the best ya'll have got?'

Most embarrassing election of our era.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:35 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
sccutler wrote:
I find Mrs. Clinton repugnant to every sense of decency I can imagine.

Mr. Trump may be able to surprise us, with complexity and character we've never observed. But it doesn't look likely.

Can the republic endure four (or eight) years of Mrs. Clinton's brand of ruling? I guess we'll find out.


Let's just cut to the chase as to how this looks to people abroad: 'WTF, are these two the best ya'll have got?'

Most embarrassing election of our era.


Very valid point.

It's sad when political commentators say that this election is more about voting for which candidate you dislike the least, rather than which candidate you like the most.
 
bmacleod
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:10 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
sccutler wrote:

Most embarrassing election of our era.


Again this looks like 1968 deja vue.

Bernie Sanders had the Bobby Kennedy charisma - or maybe not?

Hillary seems very parallel to Nixon in 1968 who likely wanted to avenge his close loss to JFK (Obama) in 1960. Nixon (Hillary) was very unpopular but appeared to have a slight edge over Wallace (Trump?) and Humphrey (Gary Johnson?)

In the end Nixon won and his first term seemed very successful. Good foresight for Hillary?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24081
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Only in his wildest dreams could Trump ever compare to George Wallace. I will grant you that Hillary is polling similar to Nixon, but that is where the similarity ends. In short: This is NOT 1968. Nixon was unpopular because, as a white Chrisitan conservative male, his policies were unpopular. IIRC, the debate he had with Kennedy during the 1960 election, those who heard him on the radio say Nixon won that debate.

Say what you will about Hillary's policies, but she still goes to work sick and has proven that her foundation does more charitable work than most. If that does not show determination and strength of character, I don't know what does.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24081
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:31 pm

777Jet wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
sccutler wrote:
I find Mrs. Clinton repugnant to every sense of decency I can imagine.

Mr. Trump may be able to surprise us, with complexity and character we've never observed. But it doesn't look likely.

Can the republic endure four (or eight) years of Mrs. Clinton's brand of ruling? I guess we'll find out.


Let's just cut to the chase as to how this looks to people abroad: 'WTF, are these two the best ya'll have got?'

Most embarrassing election of our era.


Very valid point.

It's sad when political commentators say that this election is more about voting for which candidate you dislike the least, rather than which candidate you like the most.


Every election is like that. Every four years, we have to hear comments about "the lesser of two evils" and "third party is a better choice."
 
User avatar
PacificBeach88
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
Every election is like that. Every four years, we have to hear comments about "the lesser of two evils" and "third party is a better choice."


Exactly. If I had $100 for every Ralph Nadar voter, who was cock-sure in their righteous indignation towards Al Gore, who came to bitterly regret electing Bush because of it, I'd be rich. Say what you will about Al Gore, he'd have never invaded the wrong country, of Iraq.

The third party 'tards that pushed this narrative hid like roaches from light about their real vote, while W was in office. The same will go for this election. Make no mistake, Trump will cause a Constitutional crisis within the first 90 or 120 days of his Presidency. I will hound, pound, and verbally mock the very Gary Johnson ("What is Aleppo".) / Jill Stein (anti-vaxer) jerks that felt Hillary was just as bad as Trump.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24081
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:19 pm

I actually believe that third party candidates are great. I would love to see more of them. I just do not understand why (as with voter ID laws) people are only concerned with third party candidates during presidential elections? It would be more useful and better for the country to elect third party candidates during mid term elections and off year elections. And repeal Citizens United.
 
User avatar
PacificBeach88
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
I actually believe that third party candidates are great. I would love to see more of them. I just do not understand why (as with voter ID laws) people are only concerned with third party candidates during presidential elections? It would be more useful and better for the country to elect third party candidates during mid term elections and off year elections. And repeal Citizens United.


The only way to build a 3rd party is from the grassroots up. The Green party does a barely passing job of getting city council members, mayors, etc... elected. The Libertarian party is a joke. They run a numbnutz every 4 years for President who has no chance of doing anything. This is what happened to the Reform Party. They had a shot to become a real party, but the ego of Ross Perot blew it up. That's why it must start at the local, city, county, and state levels and work their way up.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4937
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:35 pm

On the one hand Trump supporters tell us they enjoy that he "tells it like it is." On the other Hillary calls out a large number of his supporters (and let's face it 50% is probably too low, not too high) for being a "basket of deplorables" and all of a sudden Trump supporters have their panties in a bunch. Let's first cast aside the ludicrous suggestion that calling homophobes, sexists, racists, and other assorted bigots deplorable (which is kind in the grand scheme of things) is equivalent to even half the truly nasty BS Trump has spouted over the last 15 months. Just the suggestion that the majority of illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists or murderers is infinitely worse than calling bigots deplorable. Listen, if you all want people to tell the unvarnished truth, then stop being butt hurt about Clinton's remarks. Or is it, as the rest of us have long known, that your hatred of political correctness and love for telling it like it is, is just code for being upset that it's no longer socially acceptable to be a bigot in polite company? Because if we're being honest, had Trump made the same accusation about 50% of a minority group, his supporters would be first in line to tell that group they're being "too sensitive" and "overreacting."
PacificBeach88 wrote:
Exactly. If I had $100 for every Ralph Nadar voter, who was cock-sure in their righteous indignation towards Al Gore, who came to bitterly regret electing Bush because of it, I'd be rich. Say what you will about Al Gore, he'd have never invaded the wrong country, of Iraq.

The third party 'tards that pushed this narrative hid like roaches from light about their real vote, while W was in office. The same will go for this election. Make no mistake, Trump will cause a Constitutional crisis within the first 90 or 120 days of his Presidency. I will hound, pound, and verbally mock the very Gary Johnson ("What is Aleppo".) / Jill Stein (anti-vaxer) jerks that felt Hillary was just as bad as Trump.

Not me. I've never hidden the fact that I voted for Nader in 2000 and never will. OK fine I lived in a non-swing state, but I don't regret the vote I cast that day and no amount of guilt tripping from the Democratic party has changed my mind. The Bernie movement shows the Dems still haven't gotten it. Al Gore got what he deserved because he sucked as a candidate. If you're running against someone as dumb as GWB and can't walk away with the election, you deserve to lose.
 
User avatar
zckls04
Posts: 2785
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:37 pm

seb146 wrote:
Every election is like that. Every four years, we have to hear comments about "the lesser of two evils" and "third party is a better choice."


Indeed, that's how a representative democracy almost always ends up. People have short memories.

They also tend to forget that practically every Presidential nominee on both sides of the aisle has been extraordinarily accomplished before they ever get to become the nominee. It's incredibly easy to sit on the couch eating cheetos complaining about how crappy the candidates are this year. In reality they have to achieve more than most of us do before they ever get that far.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:51 pm

This seems relevant to this thread:

"Colin Powell calls Benghazi a 'stupid witch hunt' in DCleaks emails" (and Condi Rice agreed with him on that in their E-mail exchange)
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/14/politics/ ... itch-hunt/

That's exactly what most people have been saying all along: Trey Gowdy is as Trey Gowdy looks.
(a half baked southern birth defect)
 
wingman
Posts: 4193
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Over on Fox they don't mention Powell's comments on Trump, only his less scathing remarks on HRC. And they never did carry the story about the 2015 wage increase. Fair and Balanced..yeaaaah right.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:55 am

sccutler wrote:
I find Mrs. Clinton repugnant to every sense of decency I can imagine.

Mr. Trump may be able to surprise us, with complexity and character we've never observed. But it doesn't look likely.

Can the republic endure four (or eight) years of Mrs. Clinton's brand of ruling? I guess we'll find out.


The question is why do you find her repugnant. The reason I ask is that when other people are asked that question they either give you a blank stare, rattle off some non-existent crime or say she did something that other politicians have done. In some cases a lot worse.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:06 am

wingman wrote:
Over on Fox they don't mention Powell's comments on Trump, only his less scathing remarks on HRC. And they never did carry the story about the 2015 wage increase. Fair and Balanced..yeaaaah right.


Not true. I've been seeing repeats all morning of Powell's negative comments on Trump, in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here. So much for your claim. You must only see what fits and suits your agenda. Now you can talk about the fair and balanced nature of the left leaning media...lol.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24081
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:18 am

777Jet wrote:
wingman wrote:
Over on Fox they don't mention Powell's comments on Trump, only his less scathing remarks on HRC. And they never did carry the story about the 2015 wage increase. Fair and Balanced..yeaaaah right.


Not true. I've been seeing repeats all morning of Powell's negative comments on Trump, in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here. So much for your claim. You must only see what fits and suits your agenda. Now you can talk about the fair and balanced nature of the left leaning media...lol.


Fox claims that Trump is so far ahead of Hillary in every poll every day. Fox also says that Powell criticized Hillary. Only Hillary.

But, that is "fair and balanced" America Fox.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8717
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:13 pm

LMP737 wrote:
sccutler wrote:
I find Mrs. Clinton repugnant to every sense of decency I can imagine.

Mr. Trump may be able to surprise us, with complexity and character we've never observed. But it doesn't look likely.

Can the republic endure four (or eight) years of Mrs. Clinton's brand of ruling? I guess we'll find out.


The question is why do you find her repugnant. The reason I ask is that when other people are asked that question they either give you a blank stare, rattle off some non-existent crime or say she did something that other politicians have done. In some cases a lot worse.

I ask the same question. I have Facebook contacts that call her a monster. When asked, they come up with things she "MAY" do (all of which are simply endless conspiracy theories) and bring out the Iraq War vote as their last resource...that's always their logic for Clinton to be a monster. Meanwhile I'm left even more baffled by people you think are intelligent enough to reach sensible conclusions and instead are swayed by nonsense on the internet.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4937
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:42 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I ask the same question. I have Facebook contacts that call her a monster. When asked, they come up with things she "MAY" do (all of which are simply endless conspiracy theories) and bring out the Iraq War vote as their last resource...that's always their logic for Clinton to be a monster. Meanwhile I'm left even more baffled by people you think are intelligent enough to reach sensible conclusions and instead are swayed by nonsense on the internet.


Indeed my experience has been similar. I'm not a Hillary fan, but that's because she's too conservative, not because she's some malevolent tyrant bent on taking over the world. One of the funnier claims is that she's going to appoint Supreme Court justices who will "take our guns." People have been saying that since the day Obama took office, and yet gun ownership has increased under his presidency. I don't recall her ever making such a claim. Meanwhile, Trump has made statements that call into question his commitment to, at least, the 1st, 4th, 6th, and 8th Amendments to the Constitution; all more important, in my opinion at least, than the 2nd and people's damn guns.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14850
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:49 pm

777Jet wrote:
Aesma wrote:
777Jet wrote:
Trump is not President. Obama is. Putin is. I said Putin had a higher approval rating than Obama when people were saying how bad Putin is and how Good Obama is - the numbers tell otherwise.

If you can't follow that conversation that is your problem.


Dictators often have 99% approval ratings, is it something meaningful ?


It's just as meaningful, or meaningless, as Obama's approval rating.

I quote WarRI1 on Obama:

"With an approval rating above 50% from what I last heard, maybe 58%. If true, that tells a story."

But yeah, use the line that people are still living in fear in Russia to dismiss Putin's numbers as being boosted by fear.

Also, provide evidence that dictators often have 99% approval ratings since you made that specific claim (asking for evidence to back up a claim like that would be expected in here).


Polls, election results, news, coming from dictatorships, can't be trusted.
 
DfwRevolution
Posts: 9314
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:54 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I ask the same question. I have Facebook contacts that call her a monster.


Well... Clinton did pose for campaign photographs with a young child while she was ill with a contagious disease. What kind of sociopath does that? :shock:
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 6577
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:48 pm

Back to thread title before name calling...here's the latest Electoral College map from Nate Silver

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 ... rpromo#now

Not pretty for Hillary as of 9/15 (changes daily)
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11533
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:40 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
Not pretty for Hillary as of 9/15 (changes daily)

"Not pretty"? :?: It may change daily but when I just looked at it now it was showing 61% to 39% in favor of Hillary.
I mean the whole election isn't looking pretty but that is still looking strong for Hillary to win.

Tugg
 
User avatar
zckls04
Posts: 2785
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Tugger wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Not pretty for Hillary as of 9/15 (changes daily)

"Not pretty"? :?: It may change daily but when I just looked at it now it was showing 61% to 39% in favor of Hillary.
I mean the whole election isn't looking pretty but that is still looking strong for Hillary to win.

Tugg


I think he's referring to the graph which shows the race tightening rapidly in the last couple of days. Expect it to widen rapidly once the debates begin. Hilary always seems to lose a lot of ground when she goes into hibernation, then gains it back when she is back on the stage. For Trump the reverse is true.

Having said that, Trump is starting from a historically low bar of expectation (lower even than Palin I suspect), so if his handlers can train him into being an adult for three hours, we might see an upset.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:19 am

sccutler wrote:
I find Mrs. Clinton repugnant to every sense of decency I can imagine.


I am not a big fan of Hillary for sure, but she is not a fool, she is every bit as qualified as Trump. I cannot wait for the debates, unless Trump backs out. He is now trying to change the rules as he always does.


Mr. Trump may be able to surprise us, with complexity and character we've never observed. But it doesn't look likely.


This guy is a loose cannon, everyday a new scenario as to his views and plans that constantly change.


Can the republic endure four (or eight) years of Mrs. Clinton's brand of ruling? I guess we'll find out.


I sure think so. Let us remember there are three branch's, not a Dictator as Trump admires so much. He and we will survive Hillary as we always do. If Hillary gets elected maybe just maybe I and millions of others maybe able to survive after the relentless accumulation of wealth by the privileged class becomes a little more evenly distributed. I do not want to hear the same old bullshit about wealth re-distribution because of my choice of words. This is not rocket science. Donald show us your Tax Returns as Speaker Ryan advocates, talk about lying.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6280
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:27 am

777Jet wrote:
Not true. I've been seeing repeats all morning of Powell's negative comments on Trump, in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here. So much for your claim. You must only see what fits and suits your agenda. Now you can talk about the fair and balanced nature of the left leaning media...lol.


Don't pretend that Fox News is "fair and balanced". It's hard to make that claim when one of your stars admits giving Trump campaign advice. Or another one attacking the president for doing something every presiding president has done.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:34 am

LMP737 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
Not true. I've been seeing repeats all morning of Powell's negative comments on Trump, in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here. So much for your claim. You must only see what fits and suits your agenda. Now you can talk about the fair and balanced nature of the left leaning media...lol.


Don't pretend that Fox News is "fair and balanced". It's hard to make that claim when one of your stars admits giving Trump campaign advice. Or another one attacking the president for doing something every presiding president has done.


About as fair and balanced as A Sumo Wrestler against a Girl Scout. A most ridiculous claim. :shock:
 
rfields5421
Posts: 6374
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:26 pm

777Jet wrote:
in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here.


I told you guys in 2012, and again early this year - if it looks like the Republican nominee is getting within range of actually winning the election, Fox News is going to do something to distract Republican voters.

Fox News does not want a Republican in the White House. It is bad for their business model.

The network makes a lot more money, and has a much easier mission, if a Democrat is in the White House.

A lot easier to complain and demand unrealistic solutions than to explain why reality doesn't allow fantasies like a 100% leak proof border to work.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8717
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:45 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
I ask the same question. I have Facebook contacts that call her a monster.


Well... Clinton did pose for campaign photographs with a young child while she was ill with a contagious disease. What kind of sociopath does that? :shock:

Like you don't greet people before you come down hard with a cold? What she dismissed as allergies ended up being something worse though hardly lethal. That cold you sometimes get? Either greeting someone who was already contagious or touching something someone else who was sick also touched.

Try again.
 
mham001
Posts: 5745
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:54 pm

pssst...Fox News haters....here's a secret for you....although they have more viewers than the TWO equally-biased liberal cable news channels combined, very few Americans actually watch Fox News. Based on reactions, half their viewers seem to be looking for something to criticize. Then we could talk about the Facebook trend line scandal and now Google has been found to skew search results in favor of Hillary. I won't even get into the blatantly biased headlines Google serves up on their News page from the east coast media.

The media is openly biased, it's done, get over it and learn to pick the truth from the chaff.
 
bmacleod
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:10 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:03 pm

mham001 wrote:
It's all over. My 4th grade daughter, in one of the most liberal areas of the country, attending a school 95% non-white or "people of color", came home yesterday proclaiming Hillary "a thief and a criminal".


Looking at Trump's failed business ventures and lawsuits it's quite easy to see who is a thief and criminal.

http://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/trump-lawsuits/
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:56 am

rfields5421 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here.


I told you guys in 2012, and again early this year - if it looks like the Republican nominee is getting within range of actually winning the election, Fox News is going to do something to distract Republican voters.

Fox News does not want a Republican in the White House. It is bad for their business model.

The network makes a lot more money, and has a much easier mission, if a Democrat is in the White House.


I avidly await Fox to follow up on your theory, which sounds good, but from what I see, and I do watch Fox occasionally that they are not trying very hard to support Clinton. Today, I saw no evidence of Fair and Balanced. Who spends the big bucks on Fox advertising? Most certainly not the average guy for sure. Who might help the average person? Not the guy paying the big bucks to Fox for sure. Try watching Lou Dobbs and see his praise for Hillary, just slightly lacking. :o :?
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:04 am

seb146 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
wingman wrote:
Over on Fox they don't mention Powell's comments on Trump, only his less scathing remarks on HRC. And they never did carry the story about the 2015 wage increase. Fair and Balanced..yeaaaah right.


Not true. I've been seeing repeats all morning of Powell's negative comments on Trump, in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here. So much for your claim. You must only see what fits and suits your agenda. Now you can talk about the fair and balanced nature of the left leaning media...lol.


Fox also says that Powell criticized Hillary. Only Hillary.


Like you say, if you say it enough it must be true ;)

Again, Fox did say that Powell criticized Trump. Plenty of coverage on that, like every 15 mins...

It's a waste of time telling you what I observed on Fox when you are going to tell us what you didn't observe...
Last edited by 777Jet on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:10 am

It's no secret that Fox leans right. It's also no secret which media leans equally left. So the left can stop their hypocrisy about the lack of fair and balanced reporting by Fox. Look at your own left leaning media outlets if you want to see a lack of fair and balanced reporting. Oh the the hypocrisy in this thread...
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24081
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:23 am

777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:
777Jet wrote:

Not true. I've been seeing repeats all morning of Powell's negative comments on Trump, in addition to seeing a lot of criticism of Trump's charities / donations, on FOX. However, I am in Thailand so I am probably getting select bits of FOX news as there are a lot of repeats on this. Nonetheless, Trump has been getting slammed on FOX all morning here. So much for your claim. You must only see what fits and suits your agenda. Now you can talk about the fair and balanced nature of the left leaning media...lol.


Fox also says that Powell criticized Hillary. Only Hillary.


Like you say, if you say it enough it must be true ;)

Again, Fox did say that Powell criticized Trump. Plenty of coverage on that, like every 15 mins...

It's a waste of time telling you what I observed on Fox when you are going to tell us what you didn't observe...


In other words, you do not want to hear anything that contradicts your opinion.

Also, people must call out Fox for their misleading tag line "fair and balanced." What other outlet demands their viewers believe they are "fair and balanced"? That is like used car salesmen saying "c'mon.... you can trust me! I have an honest face! Believe me when I say that because you can trust me!"
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:56 am

seb146 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Fox also says that Powell criticized Hillary. Only Hillary.


Like you say, if you say it enough it must be true ;)

Again, Fox did say that Powell criticized Trump. Plenty of coverage on that, like every 15 mins...

It's a waste of time telling you what I observed on Fox when you are going to tell us what you didn't observe...


In other words, you do not want to hear anything that contradicts your opinion.


What I watched on Fox and saw for myself is not my opinion. You come across as being too stupid to even know what an opinion is.

You are the one that said "Fox also says that Powell criticized Hillary. Only Hillary. " which is a flat out lie because like I said, Fox had a lot of coverage on Powell criticizing Trump. But because you were watching the smurfs or replays of the Mardi Gras you must have missed it so in your warped world Fox must not have showed that... Shocker!
 
Olddog
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 pm

I was thinking that, if Trump is somehow elected as we should never underestimate stupidity, it could be a good laugh.

Now I think that if Trump is elected we may have a war with russia and that putin wacko before 2020.
 
Ken777
Posts: 10197
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:27 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:

Well... Clinton did pose for campaign photographs with a young child while she was ill with a contagious disease. What kind of sociopath does that? :shock:


Her diagnosis was NON-CONTAGIOUS walking pneumonia. You can understand that if you think for a moment or two.
 
bmacleod
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:10 am

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Possibility election night could be like 2004 where early exit polls predicted big Kerry victory before actual solid numbers came later as close but decisive Bush victory.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1106361

Early polls showing big wins for Trump - then real "solid" numbers showing Hillary as POTUS-elect.
 
Hillis
Topic Author
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: U.S. Election Two Months Out: Looking At The Electoral College

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 pm

bmacleod wrote:
Possibility election night could be like 2004 where early exit polls predicted big Kerry victory before actual solid numbers came later as close but decisive Bush victory.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1106361

Early polls showing big wins for Trump - then real "solid" numbers showing Hillary as POTUS-elect.


Just about a month out now, and it seems Clinton has regained her footing, especially in the battleground states. Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida are all ticking up for Clinton; Ohio and Iowa are not statistical ties. Missouri isn't going to happen for Hillary. But there's a chance Georgia and Arizona still could go her way.

And, as I have mentioned, in that National Review article I highlighted in one of these threads, Trump really has no road unless he takes Pennsylvania. And despite his almost 4-week surge, he was never to get any separation between himself and Hillary in the polls. I won't quite say he's toast, but the bread is being taken off the shelf right now.

And I don't see the debates helping him. If he goes after Bill, who is VERY popular in the nation, it'll backfire on him. And I don't care how much coaching he gets, in such situations, he'll revert back to his old ignorant, petulant little self.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, bpatus297, casinterest, flyguy89, johns624, luckyone, N626AA, StarAC17 and 54 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos