Topic Author

RNC database hacked, data confirmed stolen

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Developing story on CNN right now.

No mention yet of the extent.

PacificBeach88

Re: RNC database hacked, data confirmed stolen

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:12 am

I wonder if they found the 22,000,000 missing emails from GW Bush on the private server of the RNC.

Dreadnought

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:37 am

PacificBeach88 wrote:
I wonder if they found the 22,000,000 missing emails from GW Bush on the private server of the RNC.

You're a little late... those were found back in 2009. The data tapes were apparently there the whole time, just mislabeled as I recall.

DfwRevolution

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:45 am

I have it on good authority that the 22 million RNC emails would have exposed the Clinton's role in the firing of the White House Travel Office civil servants. If only they hadn't gone missing!

In reality, I'm sure there are some email doozies from RNC insiders blasting Trump and trying to work the nomination process. At this point, it's all moot.

The number of leaks this election cycle has been anazing. It's daily at this point. Is anyone securing anything?

910A

Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:56 pm

The RNC database wasn't hacked at all. (CNN)A Republican congressman said he misspoke when he asserted the Republican National Committee's data has been hacked, amending his remarks shortly after a top RNC official disputed his initial statement.

GOP Rep. Michael McCaul, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Wednesday on "The Situation Room" that he learned from intelligence briefings that hackers have targeted the RNC similarly to how they struck the Democratic National Committee.

seb146

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
PacificBeach88 wrote:

You're a little late... those were found back in 2009. The data tapes were apparently there the whole time, just mislabeled as I recall.

So the Bush administration did not handle emails properly to the point where they were lost and had to be recovered by experts. Never mind they were hosted on an RNC server

But keep making a big deal about Hillary and her emails.....

salttee

Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:59 am

Dreadnought wrote:
PacificBeach88 wrote:

Hogwash Let's see a link to that story.
I bet you just made that up yourself.

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:30 am

DfwRevolution wrote:
The number of leaks this election cycle has been anazing. It's daily at this point. Is anyone securing anything?

^This.
That's my takeaway. Who the hell is in charge of online security at these entities?

Or, screw that.... better question: why can't someone hack the IRS?! ;)

scbriml

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:06 am

salttee wrote:

As much as I disagree with Dreadnought on many (most) issues, he's not making it up, apparently.

https://www.wired.com/2009/12/22-million-emails-found/
WHITE HOUSE COMPUTER technicians have found 22 million e-mails that were believed to have been lost during President George W. Bush’s administration, according to the Associated Press.

The discovery was announced Monday by the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, which filed lawsuits against the Executive Office of the President, or EOP, over the e-mails in 2007.

salttee

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:52 pm

scbriml wrote:
As much as I disagree with Dreadnought on many (most) issues, he's not making it up, apparently.

OK they turned up after Obama came into office - if they're all there. Obama decided to pass on any investigations into the misrepresentation of the Iraq war so the "find" was small news in 2009: so I missed it. Yet, I have to say that I resent Dreadnought's caviler remark "The data tapes were apparently there the whole time, just mislabeled as I recall". If they were not available, they were not "there."
Obviously they were not accidentally mislabeled, they were relabeled, aka hidden.

And hiding them worked well enough for Bush. The investigation into the dismissal of eight U.S. attorneys was quashed, and probably a lot more along with it.

The nerve of these a..holes to complain about Hillery.

seb146

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:02 am

scbriml wrote:
salttee wrote:

https://www.wired.com/2009/12/22-million-emails-found/
WHITE HOUSE COMPUTER technicians have found 22 million e-mails that were believed to have been lost during President George W. Bush’s administration, according to the Associated Press.

The discovery was announced Monday by the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, which filed lawsuits against the Executive Office of the President, or EOP, over the e-mails in 2007.

That still does not excuse the fact that they were hosted on a private server owned by the RNC. Government emails. Hosted on a private server. Sound familiar?

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:05 pm

seb146 wrote:
That still does not excuse the fact that they were hosted on a private server owned by the RNC. Government emails. Hosted on a private server. Sound familiar?

Not to mention that the emails that happened to be recovered have been marked "confidential" for 10 years from the date Obama took office. Not to mention that date can be extended for 5 to 10 years by any next President.