Topic Author

Trump (finally) directly renounces birtherism

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:16 pm

It took half a decade, but he finally admits it:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/ ... index.html

einsteinboricua

Re: Trump (finally) directly renounces birtherism

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Wait...you mean...he lied all this time?!

LAX772LR
Topic Author

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:26 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Wait...you mean...he lied all this time?!

*gasp* Imagine that! :shock:

Tugger

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:37 pm

And he lies about his taxes. He basically lies about everything (except his kids I think he is genuine about them).

Tugg

einsteinboricua

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Tugger wrote:
And he lies about his taxes. He basically lies about everything (except his kids I think he is genuine about them).

Tugg

But...but...it's Lyin' TED...and Crooked HILLARY!

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:05 pm

...By further lying and stating that Clinton started the birther nonsense, and dicking the media for two hours into showing up for what was effectively an infomercial for his new DC hotel. What an upstanding sack of sh!t. So is he going to follow through on his $5M donation? Or is it in the same place as Trump's veteran donations, or Trump foundation donations, or his taxes...?
https://youtu.be/LEArPDaUhG8

LMP737

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Guess those investigators he sent to Hawaii can finally come home now. ;)

WarRI1

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:26 am

Another sad bizarre episode in politics, Trump lies and lies and then for political expediency he declares he has solved the birther mystery and tries to blame it on Hillary. Not a politician, but sure a liar. Fox News declared it all forgotten by the American public shortly thereafter. I cannot wait for the debates. :o :shock: :?

seb146

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:30 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Another sad bizarre episode in politics, Trump lies and lies and then for political expediency he declares he has solved the birther mystery and tries to blame it on Hillary. Not a politician, but sure a liar. Fox News declared it all forgotten by the American public shortly thereafter. I cannot wait for the debates. :o :shock: :?

He has already said his poor showing in the upcoming debates is because Anderson Cooper is a big mean dum dum head. He is declaring failure before anything happens.

WarRI1

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:36 am

seb146 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

He has already said his poor showing in the upcoming debates is because Anderson Cooper is a big mean dum dum head. He is declaring failure before anything happens.

I saw folks on Fox no less questioning why he did this. What! four years of never mentioning Hillary in this birther conspiracy and now the great I am lays it on her. If anyone can not figure out that to try and lay the lies on a Democrat is absurd and crazy, then they are not very realistic. Well, when you think of the source?

Beardown91737

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:42 am

Do you dispute factcheck.org. They lay it on HRC supporters spreading the birther story in 2008.
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/was-hi ... l-birther/

Four (or did you mean 8) years of not mentioning Hillary's involvement? Your news sources must have kept you shielded from it.

Why would it be a surprise that Fox News question why Trump hung on to the birther story? During primary season, a majority of Fox hosts were hoping for Cruz, Rubio, Huckabee, or someone else from the highly conservative template.

Tugger

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 am

Beardown91737 wrote:
Do you dispute factcheck.org. They lay it on HRC supporters

Oh so "supporters" equate the candidate? Great! I wonder what we can find the supporters to be saying that we can assign to the candidate... Should be interesting.

But reading the article you linked it is clear that Hillary did not start this.

Tugg

WarRI1

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:42 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hil ... b140954ee2

I mentioned four years because that is about when Obama released his birth certificate, that is where I got the four years from. But, that is neither here or there, read the link about what Hillary's involvement was. There is only speculation and innuendo, no proof what so ever. That unfortunately is what the Republican hate machine deals in, lies and innuendo, and they do it all too well.

Beardown91737

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 am

Tugger wrote:
Beardown91737 wrote:
Do you dispute factcheck.org. They lay it on HRC supporters

Oh so "supporters" equate the candidate? Great! I wonder what we can find the supporters to be saying that we can assign to the candidate... Should be interesting.

But reading the article you linked it is clear that Hillary did not start this.

Tugg

Supporters equate the candidate?. Nowhere did I put that on Clinton herself. The FactCheck article blamed the HRC supporters, not HRC, and that is what I said in my post. However when WarRI said "lay it on a Democrat" I did not take that to mean HRC herself, but that it included her Democratic supporters as well.

Now I am going to continue my unsuccessful search for articles about Clinton disavowing the birther controversy in 2008.

MaverickM11

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:07 am

Beardown91737 wrote:

Now I am going to continue my unsuccessful search for articles about Clinton disavowing the birther controversy in 2008.

Maybe it's with the articles where Trump disavows his white supremacist following?

Tugger

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:32 am

Beardown91737 wrote:

There is a difference, a significant one, between not saying anything one way or another and embracing and calling out and encouraging something that has no merit. The online world calls it "feeding the troll", we know it well here. There may have been no "disavowing", but she fed no one on this tripe like Trump and others did. She has also fully supported the fact that there is not an issue, at all, something that Trump still does not do.

Tugg

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:07 am

Tugger wrote:
Oh so "supporters" equate the candidate?

Not at all.

Does this mean HRC will now apologize to Trump for demonizing him for receiving (unwanted) support from David Duke and other unsavory characters?

Tugger

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:37 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Does this mean HRC will now apologize to Trump for demonizing him for receiving (unwanted) support from David Duke and other unsavory characters?

Wait, he has completely and clearly, personally fully disavowed that? I didn't know.

Tugg

ltbewr

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Sadly the whole 'birther' issue is one of the most racist and foolish ones to be ever brought up in a Presidential campaign. Sadly for President Obama, it was too easy to bring up as born in an exotica and then new state of Hawaii, to a single teem mom, both his parents and his grandparents on his mom's side dead, and unfortunately Obama himself not dealing with it openly and strongly enough at the beginning. To me Ted Cruz was a better case of 'birther' issues as actually born in Canada (to a USA citizen mom and a Cuban national dad).

N867DA

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:48 pm

Hillary Clinton definitely fanned the flames for the birther movement to take hold during the 2008 primaries--she fought hard and dirty against Obama and lost. She evoked his Kenyan origins, leaked pictures of him in Somalian attire, and her supporters did a good bit worse. Politicians will say or do anything if it lets them get ahead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey- ... 11244.html

I'm happy Donald Trump has found it expedient to finally admit the Birther movement is baloney but lets not forget that he's doing it for a political purpose. Just like Hillary.

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:11 pm

I love the short term memories the wing nuts have. How many years after Obama was elected did Republican Congressmen, Republican Govs, Republican surrogates, and the RNC nod their head or play coy when asked whether Obama was an American citizen? It was disgusting.

And now, 5 years after Obama released his birth certificate Trump says he believes it? For the past 5+ YEARS after the release of said document Trump has been lying and spinning about Obama being Constitutionally unqualified. Not to mention the other b.s. Trump spewed, like how no one from Harvard remembers Obama. Trump spent 5 years after it was proven beyond any reasonable doubt, spewing right wing nonsense. So much so 60% of his current supporters think Obama wasn't born in the USA. I find them to be deplorable as well.

casinterest

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:07 am

I think we should all remember the tweets trump has made about the birth certificate and how much hate he helped spew.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... order.html

LMP737

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:37 pm

EA CO AS wrote:

And when will DT apologize to POW's, veterans, disabled people, etc, etc?

LMP737

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:43 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe it's with the articles where Trump disavows his white supremacist following?

Just like release of his tax returns. Not gonna happen.

Hillis

Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:51 pm

LMP737 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

And when will DT apologize to POW's, veterans, disabled people, etc, etc?

But EA CO AS will say that doesn't count, I betcha.

And now he just threw police officers under the bus, after the F,O.P. endorsed him. He seems to do that a lot.

And besides, why should Hillary apologize to Trump for attracting all the Sieg Heil and Cross burning types? His message of fear is meant to resonate with these imbeciles. It's who he wants voting for him.

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:05 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Oh so "supporters" equate the candidate?

Not at all.

That would be about half his supporters! Did Trump say it was unwanted support? It's tough to keep track between his dozen contradictory statements re: David Duke. Much easier to just retweet a different white supremacist. Sad!

seb146

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:33 am

Seems like Trump just wanted to say whatever he could to "get over" the whole birther thing.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html