Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

United Airline
Topic Author

Updates on the US election: Who is more likely to win?

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:58 am

Who is more likely to win now? Trump or Clinton?

Any recent polls?

pvjin

Re: Updates on the US election: Who is more likely to win?

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:44 am

Trump. Nobody really likes Clinton while many people do like Trump. Thus he's much more likely to actually mobilize voters.

stlgph

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:57 am

the winner in this election is simple.

congratulations, Russia.

rfields5421

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:56 am

I don't know who is going to win, but I know who is going to lose:

The American People - stuck with a horrible president for four years

ltbewr

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:29 pm

rfields5421 wrote:

To me in the end as others bring up, people are going to go into the voting booth and make the decision and vote for HRC despite her awful flaws as Trump is a total fool and no one we want to be in the power of the Presidential office.

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:13 pm

United Airline wrote:
Who is more likely to win now? Trump or Clinton?

Any recent polls?

Tune in November 9th, and you will have your answer.

afcjets

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:18 pm

I think Trump will win because I think during the debates Anderson Cooper will ask her to show us the bottle of hot sauce she says she carries with her everywhere and she won't be able to. I personally think she is lying about that.

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:30 pm

afcjets wrote:
I think Trump will win I think because I think during the debates Anderson Cooper will ask her to show us the bottle of hot sauce she says she carries with her everywhere and she won't be able to. I personally thinking she is lying about that.

I see your a logical, issues centered, voter. A rare breed these days. :|

LenPepperbottom

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:12 pm

By an average of all national polls Clinton is in the lead. Just like they've shown every week since the primaries.

I'm an investor in many conservative radio stations, so this is very good news.

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:13 pm

LenPepperbottom wrote:

What conservative / talk radio companies are doing well? iHeartMedia is likely to go bankrupt. Their stock went from $19 when Mitt Romney's Bain Capital took it public (after loading it up with billions in debt) a share to $1.30 today. Cumulus Media is a disaster. Fox has been on a slide since 2014. Where do you see a bright spot or investing opportunity?

LenPepperbottom

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:34 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
LenPepperbottom wrote:

What conservative / talk radio companies are doing well? iHeartMedia is likely to go bankrupt. Their stock went from $19 when Mitt Romney's Bain Capital took it public (after loading it up with billions in debt) a share to $1.30 today. Cumulus Media is a disaster. Fox has been on a slide since 2014. Where do you see a bright spot or investing opportunity?

Jokes, buddy. Jokes.

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:45 pm

LenPepperbottom wrote:

Jokes, buddy. Jokes.

LMAO! Funny! :)

sccutler

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm

I see no real possibility of Mrs. Clinton losing.

LittleFokker

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:21 pm

ltbewr wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

To me in the end as others bring up, people are going to go into the voting booth and make the decision and vote for HRC despite her awful flaws as Trump is a total fool and no one we want to be in the power of the Presidential office.

I hope you are right, but I will never underestimate the stupidity of this country. The media has been holding Hillary to a higher standard than Trump, and had they reported the election objectively, she would be leading in the polls 95-5. But since news has to generate a profit, and the news loses if this election is not close, they're doing everything to can to make her flaws seems way worse than they really are while ignoring or just laughing at Trump's. It's nothing short of disgusting. Watching the polls reflect a close race (when there really is no contest on which of the two candidates is more qualified and more deserving) makes me literally shit bricks.

I mean this with 100% sincerity, a Trump victory scares me 1000 times more than anything ISIS could possibly dream up.

LenPepperbottom

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:33 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

I hope you are right, but I will never underestimate the stupidity of this country. The media has been holding Hillary to a higher standard than Trump, and had they reported the election objectively, she would be leading in the polls 95-5. But since news has to generate a profit, and the news loses if this election is not close, they're doing everything to can to make her flaws seems way worse than they really are while ignoring or just laughing at Trump's. It's nothing short of disgusting. Watching the polls reflect a close race (when there really is no contest on which of the two candidates is more qualified and more deserving) makes me literally shit bricks.

I mean this with 100% sincerity, a Trump victory scares me 1000 times more than anything ISIS could possibly dream up.

And here we have it. Opinions like this are the reason the elections are like they are. Overreaction and feelings take center stage.

Donald Trump is worse than ISIS....I think I just pulled a muscle in my eyes from rolling them so hard.

mham001

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:42 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

This quote is exactly why more Trump voters will go to the polls that Hillary voters. People who have good reason to not vote for Hillary are tired of the condescending, smug attitudes of her supporters.

What is notable about the current deadlock,,, Trump has spent a fraction of the money Hillary has spent promoting her cause.

LittleFokker

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:00 pm

LenPepperbottom wrote:
mham001 wrote:

While you knuckledraggers can just write me off as just another stupid liberal who doesn't believe in your version of "facts," I will go ahead and let Dan Rather speak for me (via his Facebook page):

Dan Rather wrote:
Donald Trump’s disdain, mockery, and antagonism of the press, whose freedoms are enshrined in the Bill of Rights and whose presence has provided ballast to our democracy since its inception, raises very serious questions about his fitness for the presidency of the United States.

For a long while, these thoughts have been coursing through my veins with concern and disbelief, and yet my abiding loyalty to the notion of fair, accurate and unbiased journalism held me in check from saying it out loud – much as I suspect it has muzzled the true feelings of many of my colleagues. But we must remember that Donald Trump knows this and cynically plays the press corps’ deep desire for fairness to his undeserved benefit. The latest, barring the traveling press from covering an event and using them as ridicule in a speech, are but the most recent chapters in a novel full of outrageous acts. And this sentiment apparently extends to members of his own family as witnessed by his daughter Ivanka’s actions in an interview with Cosmo.

I am well aware that I will be met with bile and venom for saying this, called a communist, a liberal in bed with Hillary Clinton, a washed-up joke. To quote Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind, “frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Let others attack my motives. My conscience is clean. This is not about partisan politics, about who is right on immigration or gun control. This is about the very machinery that has allowed our American experiment to persist and thrive, a machinery which is far more fragile than we would like to believe.

Trump’s relationship with the press is at the heart of so much that is troubling about his candidacy - the secrecy, the lack of transparency on something as normal as tax returns, the flaunting of the very rules by which we elect our leaders, the appeasement of hate groups. And his embrace of Roger Ailes and Breitbart, institutions who have polluted press freedoms, is a further dangerous sign of decay.

And yet when presented with this challenge, too much of the press has been cowed into inaction. This is a man who can be fact-checked into obscurity by any second grader with an Internet connection. And yet when he issues a mealy-mouth non-apology about President Obama’s obvious pedigree as an American, here we are with too many in the press not acknowledging his years of lies (check your Twitter feeds about how the New York Times initially covered this event). All of this of course sets the stage for Trump to lie again about somehow birtherism being Clinton’s fault.

I fear that this mindset will infect the debates. Trump is already setting the stage for that. If you are moderating and are not going to fact check him, you might as well just roll campaign speeches live - far too many of which have been shown on television without being subjected to journalistic context. If these debates will be debates in name only, another opportunity for Trump to flout fairness by spewing his venom and bullshine, I say cancel them.

Enough is enough. It is a reality that every reporter must come to grips with. Trump is not a normal candidate. This is not a normal election. He will set a precedent that other demagogues will study and follow. Fear, combined with the lure of ratings, views, clicks and profits, have hypnotized too much of the press into inaction and false equivalency for far too long. I am optimistic the trance is being broken. Fear not the Internet trolls. Fear instead the judgement of history.
[/quote][/quote]

I stand by what I said.

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:34 pm

mham001 wrote:
What is notable about the current deadlock,,, Trump has spent a fraction of the money Hillary has spent promoting her cause.

LMAO! Oh yes, you pro-Citizen United Republicans now all of a sudden want to say raising and spending less money is more important. LMAO! Stop it, or your hypocrisy muscle will go into spasms. Too funny, dude! LOL! Do you practice in front of a mirror before you do your stand-up routine?

LenPepperbottom

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:54 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
LenPepperbottom wrote:
mham001 wrote:

While you knuckledraggers can just write me off as just another stupid liberal who doesn't believe in your version of "facts," I will go ahead and let Dan Rather speak for me (via his Facebook page):

Dan Rather wrote:
Donald Trump’s disdain, mockery, and antagonism of the press, whose freedoms are enshrined in the Bill of Rights and whose presence has provided ballast to our democracy since its inception, raises very serious questions about his fitness for the presidency of the United States.

For a long while, these thoughts have been coursing through my veins with concern and disbelief, and yet my abiding loyalty to the notion of fair, accurate and unbiased journalism held me in check from saying it out loud – much as I suspect it has muzzled the true feelings of many of my colleagues. But we must remember that Donald Trump knows this and cynically plays the press corps’ deep desire for fairness to his undeserved benefit. The latest, barring the traveling press from covering an event and using them as ridicule in a speech, are but the most recent chapters in a novel full of outrageous acts. And this sentiment apparently extends to members of his own family as witnessed by his daughter Ivanka’s actions in an interview with Cosmo.

I am well aware that I will be met with bile and venom for saying this, called a communist, a liberal in bed with Hillary Clinton, a washed-up joke. To quote Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind, “frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Let others attack my motives. My conscience is clean. This is not about partisan politics, about who is right on immigration or gun control. This is about the very machinery that has allowed our American experiment to persist and thrive, a machinery which is far more fragile than we would like to believe.

Trump’s relationship with the press is at the heart of so much that is troubling about his candidacy - the secrecy, the lack of transparency on something as normal as tax returns, the flaunting of the very rules by which we elect our leaders, the appeasement of hate groups. And his embrace of Roger Ailes and Breitbart, institutions who have polluted press freedoms, is a further dangerous sign of decay.

And yet when presented with this challenge, too much of the press has been cowed into inaction. This is a man who can be fact-checked into obscurity by any second grader with an Internet connection. And yet when he issues a mealy-mouth non-apology about President Obama’s obvious pedigree as an American, here we are with too many in the press not acknowledging his years of lies (check your Twitter feeds about how the New York Times initially covered this event). All of this of course sets the stage for Trump to lie again about somehow birtherism being Clinton’s fault.

I fear that this mindset will infect the debates. Trump is already setting the stage for that. If you are moderating and are not going to fact check him, you might as well just roll campaign speeches live - far too many of which have been shown on television without being subjected to journalistic context. If these debates will be debates in name only, another opportunity for Trump to flout fairness by spewing his venom and bullshine, I say cancel them.

Enough is enough. It is a reality that every reporter must come to grips with. Trump is not a normal candidate. This is not a normal election. He will set a precedent that other demagogues will study and follow. Fear, combined with the lure of ratings, views, clicks and profits, have hypnotized too much of the press into inaction and false equivalency for far too long. I am optimistic the trance is being broken. Fear not the Internet trolls. Fear instead the judgement of history.
[/quote]

I stand by what I said.[/quote]

First off, I'm a Clinton supporter and will be voting for her in November.

That said, I greatly dislike Trump but to call him a dangerous lunatic who's going to destroy the country is silly. He's really a worse person than the people that behead children and videotape it? I mean come on! This sort of cheap name calling is why we are in the mess we are in.

Just because someone does/doesn't support gay marriage or wants to build a wall or to increase/decrease taxes doesn't make them a raving lunatic.

PacificBeach88

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:06 pm

LenPepperbottom wrote:
That said, I greatly dislike Trump but to call him a dangerous lunatic who's going to destroy the country is silly. He's really a worse person than the people that behead children and videotape it?

Actually, as a HRC voter too, yes I believe Trump is that bad. I voted for HW Bush, and liked him as President, so I'm not a partisan whack job. That said, Trump WILL cause at least one if not more Constitutional crisis scenarios within 6 to 12 months of assuming office.

I was dead set against GW Bush as I knew he was an incompetent boob, with a drug problem that never was successful at anything he did. (I guess his watercolor painting these days is his biggest success.) Trump is downright dangerous, due to his willful ignorance.

Aesma

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:18 pm

LittleFokker didn't say that Trump was a worse human than a member of ISIS, he said that Trump can do worse damage than ISIS.

seb146

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:20 pm

LenPepperbottom wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:
LenPepperbottom wrote:

Dan Rather wrote:

I stand by what I said.[/quote]

First off, I'm a Clinton supporter and will be voting for her in November.

That said, I greatly dislike Trump but to call him a dangerous lunatic who's going to destroy the country is silly. He's really a worse person than the people that behead children and videotape it? I mean come on! This sort of cheap name calling is why we are in the mess we are in.

Just because someone does/doesn't support gay marriage or wants to build a wall or to increase/decrease taxes doesn't make them a raving lunatic.[/quote]

No. But, look at how he treats anyone who disagrees with him. He has already promised things that are in violation of the Constitution. Plus, he loves and admires Putin. All these Republicans falling all over themselves trying to emulate Ronald Reagan and trying to twist themselves into a caricature of who they think Reagan would be is bad, they should be themselves. But, at least they have the pride in their country to mold themselves after one of our leaders.

I think some of the voters who are "meh" about Trump will end up listening to their conscience and voting for either Johnson, Hillary, or not at all.

LittleFokker

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:50 pm

I'll expand more upon why a Trump victory scares the hell out of me. It's not just what that overrated sychophant can or cannot do as President (though that alone is a scary thought), it's the other consequences of his win. A Trump victory means Republicans get to pick the next 3-4 members of the Supreme Court (horribly scary). It likely will mean that the Republicans get to keep control of the Senate and House (uber-scary), meaning all three branches will be under Republican control (to the best of my knowledge, no party has controlled all 3 branches of government at the same time). Trump won't give enough of a shit as President that he will let party insiders do all the people picking (heads of agencies, judicial nominations, etc). There's also a strong possibility that Mike Pence will be calling all the shots, if John Kasich's assertion about potentially being the VP pick is accurate. Pence is a Hitler wannabe, but without the charisma - letting him run policy without having to face the cameras could be very dangerous.

The GOP platform since Reagan has skewed towards either regurgitating failed policy (trickle down economics, which has always failed for the non-rick wherever implemented), or just vague, we're against whatever the liberals are doing policy. The modern Republican party is an absolute joke of a party, and giving them unilateral control will cause so much more harm to the future of this country than the few pipe bombs that ISIS could randomly place. I'm willing to bet that half the stuff ISIS wants to claim responsibility for they really didn't do - I think their overall threat to the world is very minuscule and overblown. A weakened America as a result of terrible domestic economics and a sycophantic dictator in charge will cause far greater global harm.

That is what I fear.

LenPepperbottom

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Its going to be great, whatever happens. Just think of the documentaries that are going to come out!

Ken777

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:19 am

I think that there will continue to be shifts in the remaining weeks before the election. There are the debates that can impact the elections. There is the Deadbeat Donald with his 6 bankruptcies - that hasn't been hit home yet. But it's coming.

I believe that Trump will never release her tax returns and people will start believing that he paid no taxes. That can shift the vote.

Overall I believe that Trump will not be able to stick with the teleprompter and "act presidential" and that will favor Clinton.

photopilot

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:36 am

Ok, I'll put onion juice in one of your eyes and cayenne peppers in your other eye. Which feels worst? The answer is America is screwed no matter which one wins. It's not even the lesser of two evils, as they are both evil in their own ways. Good luck to you guys south off the border.... you'all gonna need it.

Hillis

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:49 am

Even with his recent surge, Trump has not been able to take an appreciable lead in the polls. And you still have to look at the electoral math.

Right now, Trump leads in the battlegrounds of Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia, Missouri. They're basically tied in Florida. Even if Trump wins ALL those states, Hillary clinton still wins with 270 electors. In the article I posted about 2 weeks ago from National Reiview it mentined that Trump's camp shows the only way to win is IF he can wrest away Pennsylvania, and take those other states. And even with Hillary's bad week, because, God forbid she get sick for a few days, Trump is still not really competitive there.

In the end, I believe the electoral math just won't add up for Trump. I also believe that after the debates, Hillary will again solidify here lead, and she'll still probably take Ohio, Florida and maybe North Carolina.

seb146

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:50 am

photopilot wrote:
Ok, I'll put onion juice in one of your eyes and cayenne peppers in your other eye. Which feels worst? The answer is America is screwed no matter which one wins. It's not even the lesser of two evils, as they are both evil in their own ways. Good luck to you guys south off the border.... you'all gonna need it.

I am so sick of hearing this. One candidate shows up to a baseball game with glove, helmet, and bat, the other shows up with crayons.

Just because Hillary has been under constant scrutiny for 25 or more years does not make her evil and unelectable.

LittleFokker

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:59 am

seb146 wrote:
photopilot wrote:

I am so sick of hearing this. One candidate shows up to a baseball game with glove, helmet, and bat, the other shows up with crayons.

Just because Hillary has been under constant scrutiny for 25 or more years does not make her evil and unelectable.

I'm with you on this Seb. Yes, she is imperfect, but she has also been unfairly held to a higher standard of decorum than her opponent. Trump and his baggage are total wild cards, and I don't want to gamble with mine or my son's future in this country on a wild card. I like what Bill Maher said on his show last night: "So what if she has pneumonia? She could be dead, and she'd still be a better candidate than Trump." Considering Tim Kaine would take over, that's not really far from the truth.

WarRI1

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:38 am

I feel Trump is the modern eqivalent of a Snake Oil Salesman. He is Huckster, and a fraud making promises and using lies to convince people that he has a cure for what ails us as a nation. He has no real answers, he has no magic bullet and no credibility. He is a faker with fraud in his DNA. When his true record of deceit and his true personality comes out, I cannot belive he will be elected.

mham001

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:12 am

PacificBeach88 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

LMAO! Oh yes, you pro-Citizen United Republicans now all of a sudden want to say raising and spending less money is more important. LMAO! Stop it, or your hypocrisy muscle will go into spasms. Too funny, dude! LOL! Do you practice in front of a mirror before you do your stand-up routine?

I never said or implied any such thing. But you go ahead and have your orgasm.

Meanwhile the big kids can discuss why Hillary has not the commanding lead after spending all that money.

Tugger

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:38 am

mham001 wrote:
Meanwhile the big kids can discuss why Hillary has not the commanding lead after spending all that money.

But why would you suggest that she should have a greater lead "after spending all that money"? Money does not make one successful, as Trump as proven.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hillis

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:39 am

Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Bit why would you suggest that she should have a greater lead "after spending all that money"? Money does not make one successful, as Trump as proven.

Tugg

OWNED.

afcjets

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:53 am

LittleFokker wrote:
The modern Republican party is an absolute joke of a party, and giving them unilateral control will cause so much more harm to the future of this country than the few pipe bombs that ISIS could randomly place.
PacificBeach88 wrote:
LenPepperbottom wrote:
That said, I greatly dislike Trump but to call him a dangerous lunatic who's going to destroy the country is silly. He's really a worse person than the people that behead children and videotape it?

Actually, as a HRC voter too, yes I believe Trump is that bad. I voted for HW Bush, and liked him as President, so I'm not a partisan whack job. That said, Trump WILL cause at least one if not more Constitutional crisis scenarios within 6 to 12 months of assuming office.

I was dead set against GW Bush as I knew he was an incompetent boob, with a drug problem that never was successful at anything he did. (I guess his watercolor painting these days is his biggest success.) Trump is downright dangerous, due to his willful ignorance.

This seems to be the majority opinion of liberals who post comments online, that Trump is worse than ISIS. I just don't see a significant number of liberals leaving the US if Trump is elected President, however if ISIS took over this country I bet they would get out if they could.

Francoflier

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:54 am

photopilot wrote:

This argument keeps going around... The one that posits that they're both equally bad...
I don't understand that.

On the one side you have a politician. She is experienced, obviously smart and calculated, knows diplomacy and how to navigate the kafkaesque nightmare that is the US government. But, like many other politicians, she knows how to manipulate, she knows how to play the system, and she has the charisma of a dead rat.
Yet she has yet to be found guilty of anything other than being sloppy, despite the relentless and desperate attempts by the entire right wing political and media groups to find more dirt on her.

On the other side, you have a semi-successful businessman, whose history is paved with failures of all sorts, deceit and an unimaginable amount of lawsuits. He has an ego the size of a blue whale and most of his fame comes from years of whoring himself on every possible media outlet he can find to satisfy his self-admiration. He is involved in more dirty business that a farm pig, is a proven massive liar. He has no interest in anybody other than himself, not to mention the hordes who will be voting for him. He barely belongs outside of a psychiatric jail cell, much less anywhere near the White House.

And yet, for all the outrageous inadequacies of the latter, he is somehow propped up on the same level as his rival.
I just cannot fathom how people would be so blind to the truth and accepting of such behavior.

What possesses Americans to look for an entertainer as their leading figures? Are charisma and showmanship somehow more important to American voters than actual abilities and experience?
I understand that many will not like Hillary. But I don't understand that they think voting for Trump is an acceptable alternative.

It defies logic. I think we have collectively forgotten the price our ancestors paid for democracy and peace and we are now being whimsical and irresponsible with the privilege. I have good hope that sanity will prevail, but the proximity of a catastrophe is getting really unnerving.

seb146

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:18 am

afcjets wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:
The modern Republican party is an absolute joke of a party, and giving them unilateral control will cause so much more harm to the future of this country than the few pipe bombs that ISIS could randomly place.
PacificBeach88 wrote:
LenPepperbottom wrote:

This seems to be the majority opinion of liberals who post comments online, that Trump is worse than ISIS. I just don't see a significant number of liberals leaving the US if Trump is elected President, however if ISIS took over this country I bet they would get out if they could.

It seems the majority opinion of right wingers who post comment online that they want a hammer and TNT to take care of a problem that requires a scalpel and tweezers. The same ones who demand fiscal responsibility and small government but all that goes out the window when "liberals" say something. Right wingers do not care about compromise.

blueflyer

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:55 am

seb146 wrote:

Evil, no; unelectable, yes.

As far as I'm concerned, her handling of her email server tells me all I need to know. It was a bad but forgivable judgement call to set up her own server; a highly questionable judgement call to keep it up and running as the rest of the world was learning such terms as state-sponsored hacking; a staggering and unforgiving bad judgement call to decide herself which emails to release and which emails to keep private. And when the utmost transparency ought to be called for to fend off crazy rumors from the right and to try and make us forget about that damn email server, she chooses to keep her pneumonia diagnosis private.

I can't tell whether she has an unusual and disqualifying pathological need for privacy, or she too believes she could shoot someone in the middle of the street and get away with it, only she is smart enough not to say it out loud.

Hilary Clinton could have convinced me to support a Republican candidate for the presidency for the first time ever. Except that Republican candidate is a clown named Donald Trump... He is not worst than ISIS, Zika,Ebola or Putin, but he is worse than just about everything else, including Hilary Clinton.

For that choice, I thank the knuckle-dragging white men of the GOP who voted with their xenophobia, and the middle-aged white women of the Democratic party who voted with their crotch.

Hillis

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:49 pm

blueflyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Evil, no; unelectable, yes.

As far as I'm concerned, her handling of her email server tells me all I need to know. It was a bad but forgivable judgement call to set up her own server; a highly questionable judgement call to keep it up and running as the rest of the world was learning such terms as state-sponsored hacking; a staggering and unforgiving bad judgement call to decide herself which emails to release and which emails to keep private. And when the utmost transparency ought to be called for to fend off crazy rumors from the right and to try and make us forget about that damn email server, she chooses to keep her pneumonia diagnosis private.

I can't tell whether she has an unusual and disqualifying pathological need for privacy, or she too believes she could shoot someone in the middle of the street and get away with it, only she is smart enough not to say it out loud.

Hilary Clinton could have convinced me to support a Republican candidate for the presidency for the first time ever. Except that Republican candidate is a clown named Donald Trump... He is not worst than ISIS, Zika,Ebola or Putin, but he is worse than just about everything else, including Hilary Clinton.

For that choice, I thank the knuckle-dragging white men of the GOP who voted with their xenophobia, and the middle-aged white women of the Democratic party who voted with their crotch.

Unelectable? Because she handled her emails the way her predecessors did? Because she has been cleared of any wrongdoing in "BENGHAZI!!"? She has more qualifications to be POTUS than anyone else who was in the field this year-it isn't even close. The email server thing has been blown so out of proportion that it's mind-boggling. I don't remember this kind of consternation when the Bush White House "lost" 22 million emails.

blueflyer

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Hillis wrote:
Unelectable? Because she handled her emails the way her predecessors did? Because she has been cleared of any wrongdoing in "BENGHAZI!!"? She has more qualifications to be POTUS than anyone else who was in the field this year-it isn't even close. The email server thing has been blown so out of proportion that it's mind-boggling. I don't remember this kind of consternation when the Bush White House "lost" 22 million emails.

Where to start...

Did I mention Benghazi? I know she has been cleared of Benghazi, and rightfully so. The Congress hearings were nothing but witch hunts by incapable politicians who have not had a single original or constructive idea to offer since "Obama must be a one-term president."

Since my first post didn't spell it clearly enough for you, let me try again. What her handling of her email (server) tells me is she is unable or unwilling to learn from her mistakes, at least not when it inconveniences her. Even if it was acceptable when she became SecState (it was not, StateDept would have stopped her if they had known), having her own email server controlled and secured by her and her contractor became an intolerable cybersecurity risk during her term! And unless China or Russia prove otherwise, we'll never know if it was indeed hacked because she ordered the server, and its logs, destroyed. She refuses to this day to acknowledge these issues, and back then she would not even tolerate discussions on that topic (I refer you to Huma Abedin's statements that her email server was not a topic for conversation at StateDept).

If more evidence is needed of her refusal to adapt to changing environments and learn from her mistakes, the Clinton foundation is there...

Finally, "he did it first" hasn't worked for me since kindergarten. We rightfully expect very little of politicians, but if that is your standard, perhaps it isn't just candidates who deserve to be disqualified.

Tugger

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:04 pm

blueflyer wrote:
What her handling of her email (server) tells me is she is unable or unwilling to learn from her mistakes, at least not when it inconveniences her. Even if it was acceptable when she became SecState (it was not, StateDept would have stopped her if they had known), having her own email server controlled and secured by her and her contractor became an intolerable cybersecurity risk during her term! And unless China or Russia prove otherwise, we'll never know if it was indeed hacked because she ordered the server, and its logs, destroyed. She refuses to this day to acknowledge these issues, and back then she would not even tolerate discussions on that topic (I refer you to Huma Abedin's statements that her email server was not a topic for conversation at StateDept).

If more evidence is needed of her refusal to adapt to changing environments and learn from her mistakes, the Clinton foundation is there...

Finally, "he did it first" hasn't worked for me since kindergarten. We rightfully expect very little of politicians, but if that is your standard, perhaps it isn't just candidates who deserve to be disqualified.

You're kidding right? You are calling her unelectable for having a private server, just like a number of the people on the panel grilling her? And the finding that there was no "crime"? And that fact that pretty much ANYONE who handles "(c) docs" would have the exact same issue (I know this for a fact as I have worked in industries where (c) docs were often sent unsecured because it was simpler and faster and almost EVERYTHING connected to certain projects can get stuck with the classification even if it is not a "state secret". It may be breaking the rule but it is normal and nearly impossible to actually not do at some point.). Quite frankly I would expect the SoS to do such as a matter of the job. Wouldn't you? Do you actually think that there is no back channel communications going on outside of official channels? Do you honestly think there is no "unofficial sharing of information that goes on? Or that it is not a required part of the job?

Also I dare any one of the other senators on the panel to allow their emails to be scrutinized to the level Sec. Clintons were.

The actions on the emails in no way make her unelectable, the only thing that would is if she came right out and told the truth as I indicated (that such things happen as a matter of the job) because officially that is not allowed. But that is simply a fact of life. And if you try to tell me that you do not think that such things go on, or deny they can't actually be admitted to officially... well then you are just lying in my opinion. Maybe I am jaded but that is what I think even if you may actually feel different (again this is my opinion).

Tugg

EA CO AS

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 am

seb146 wrote:
[Dan Rather wrote:]
Donald Trump’s disdain, mockery, and antagonism of the press, whose freedoms are enshrined in the Bill of Rights and whose presence has provided ballast to our democracy since its inception, raises very serious questions about his fitness for the presidency of the United States.ll.

I find it interesting that Dan Rather's litmus test for presidential fitness is the candidate's opinion of the press, considering that four in ten Americans don't trust the press.

LittleFokker

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:59 am

EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Donald Trump’s disdain, mockery, and antagonism of the press, whose freedoms are enshrined in the Bill of Rights and whose presence has provided ballast to our democracy since its inception, raises very serious questions about his fitness for the presidency of the United States.ll.

I find it interesting that Dan Rather's litmus test for presidential fitness is the candidate's opinion of the press, considering that four in ten Americans don't trust the press.

You're conflating two seperate concepts. Yes, the public generally doesn't trust the media. However, Trump will only make media relations worse, not better. He's already banned certain media members from covering his rallies because he didn't like what they wrote about him. So Presidential.

What you just said is the equivalent of "Sofa is on fire, better throw gasoline on it to save the house!"

MaverickM11

Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:02 am

EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

4 in 10 Americans believe in creationism so that's not saying much. You need to speak to those people with colored blocks and single syllable words, hence Trump's popularity with the knuckle dragging set

mham001

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:01 am

Hillis wrote:
I don't remember this kind of consternation when the Bush White House "lost" 22 million emails.

Maybe because those emails were found.

mham001

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:04 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
4 in 10 Americans believe in creationism so that's not saying much. You need to speak to those people with colored blocks and single syllable words, hence Trump's popularity with the knuckle dragging set

I hope you spread these kinds of posts around. All over, everywhere you can, they are great voter motivators. Your own Republican get-out-the-vote program.

seb146

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:04 am

blueflyer wrote:
Hillis wrote:

Where to start...

Did I mention Benghazi? I know she has been cleared of Benghazi, and rightfully so. The Congress hearings were nothing but witch hunts by incapable politicians who have not had a single original or constructive idea to offer since "Obama must be a one-term president."

Since my first post didn't spell it clearly enough for you, let me try again. What her handling of her email (server) tells me is she is unable or unwilling to learn from her mistakes, at least not when it inconveniences her. Even if it was acceptable when she became SecState (it was not, StateDept would have stopped her if they had known), having her own email server controlled and secured by her and her contractor became an intolerable cybersecurity risk during her term! And unless China or Russia prove otherwise, we'll never know if it was indeed hacked because she ordered the server, and its logs, destroyed. She refuses to this day to acknowledge these issues, and back then she would not even tolerate discussions on that topic (I refer you to Huma Abedin's statements that her email server was not a topic for conversation at StateDept).

She had one server. Not several over the course of decades, as you think. The Clinton Foundation has been found to be one of the most transparent charities. Guess why? The Clintons have been under constant scrutiny for decades.

https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-an ... dation/478

Colin Powell told her she could use a private server but to be careful.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09 ... l-use.html

EA CO AS

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:12 am

seb146 wrote:
She had one server.

Working off what turned out to be numerous devices, after swearing she only used one device. Hey, details...

seb146 wrote:
Colin Powell told her she could use a private server but to be careful.l

Was she?

jfklganyc

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:14 am

Who cares about what Colin Powell said? He is now being put on a post-politics pedestal where his word is Gospel.

Google Colin Powell WMD at UN. He should be in jail. Close to 5000 Americans died in that unnecessary war. We convinced the world, with elder statesmen Colin Powell, that Weapons of Mass Destruction existed and that a war was needed.

If "Colin Powell told me it was okay," is your defense, you are in BIG trouble.

seb146

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:18 am

EA CO AS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
She had one server.

Working off what turned out to be numerous devices, after swearing she only used one device. Hey, details...

seb146 wrote:
Colin Powell told her she could use a private server but to be careful.l

Was she?

And why did she go through so many devices? Details, as you say.

Also, she was careful about the server. It was only when Republicans held Hillary to a higher standard than those in their own party that people were outraged.

Although, if you decide not to pledge allegiance to The Donald, you are in for a world of hurt....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rei ... n=politics

mham001

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:

But why would you suggest that she should have a greater lead "after spending all that money"? Money does not make one successful, as Trump as proven.

Tugg

So why is Hillary spending all that money?

It is beginning to become clear that Hispanics are not flocking to Hillary in the numbers she needs to overcome her other deficits. Recent polls have Trump getting about the same numbers as Romney in 2012.

In some places, Trump is actually outperforming Romney. In Nevada, for example, President Obama ran up a 47-point margin of victory among Hispanic voters in 2012, according to exit polls, defeating Romney 71 percent to 24 percent. A recent Marist poll in the state for NBC News and The Wall Street Journal showed Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton leading among Hispanics, but by the smaller margin of 35 points, 65 percent to 30 percent.

A series of Univision polls earlier this month surveying Hispanic voters in four battleground states — Arizona, Colorado, Florida and Nevada — also put Trump in the same ballpark as Romney four years ago. Clinton’s lead over Trump among Hispanics in Colorado was smaller than Obama’s margin in that state in 2012.

http://origin-nyi.thehill.com/homenews/ ... -you-think