Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Francoflier

Re: NYT: Trump Taxless For 18 Years?

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:24 pm

It might be legal legal (although I assume much book cooking was done by his accountants), but is it moral?

People are seriously and happily considering letting a person who is perfectly happy in finding devious ways to avoid paying government taxes run said government.

Not that logic has ever seemed to get in the way of Trump disciples, but I find the irony amusing... or I would if we weren't facing a large group of people so blinded by the truth that they would wholeheartedly elect an incompetent evildoer whose only goal is helping himself to head the largest economy of the World.

Of course, that's probably only half the story. His tax returns would probably reveal a lot of dealings with parties/countries which would create major conflicts of interests.

There are only a handful of things that came out of this man's mouth which were true, and I'm afraid that one of them is that he could shoot someone in the street in broad daylight and people would still vote for him...
There have been African dictators I have had more respect for than this nauseating individual.

Flighty

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Well, I don't think either candidate can claim they are not devious.

Trump's deviousness hasn't resulted in any deaths AFAIK.

Hillary's deviousness has resulted in over 1 million deaths, mainly in Iraq. I mean she is one of the most dishonest people who has ever lived.

Trump is very competitive, and is also one of the most dishonest people.

But each sociopath is able to articulate a political platform. I think they are a good pair. Shhhh Let them work.

Hillis
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Flighty wrote:
Well, I don't think either candidate can claim they are not devious.

Trump's deviousness hasn't resulted in any deaths AFAIK.

Hillary's deviousness has resulted in over 1 million deaths, mainly in Iraq. I mean she is one of the most dishonest people who has ever lived.

Trump is very competitive, and is also one of the most dishonest people.

But each sociopath is able to articulate a political platform. I think they are a good pair. Shhhh Let them work.

Whoa. How is Hillary responsible for more than a million deaths in Iraq? Sources. Last time I checked it was George W. who started the mess in Iraq, not Hillary Clinton. Hillary is not perfect, no one is, but she's not a "sociopath" like you say. You just don't like her politics.

I'm waiting for your legit sources on this one.

Flighty

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Oh please Bush only did it with the support of people like General Powell, Mr. Cameron in the UK and prominent New York senator Hillary Clinton. She authorized the invasion on behalf the Democratic party, a gigantic event in history. Each of those people holds a heavy responsibility.

As for the body count, there are a number of worthwhile researchers looking into that. Direct violent deaths range at about 250,000. But war kills more people by indirect means. For such a basic fact as how many deaths have been caused by the Iraq War, I leave you to do your own reading.

It's just an example of her character... do you really think she thought the case for WMD had been demonstrated adequately... of course not... she was all about the cheap 9/11 political gain for herself... as thousands of children were lit afire. Just sayin. Everybody is into her... it's scary. She is a cheap person... not a quality person like Obama. There is a difference.

scbriml

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:58 pm

pvjin wrote:
Tax evasion is the sensible thing to do if you feel you aren't getting anything in return for your tax money.

No, tax evasion is illegal. Period.

Tax avoidance is legally taking advantage of the system to minimise your tax payments. This is what everyone should be doing. Unfortunately, as delightfully demonstrated by the Trump-Clown, the mega-rich get to milk the system way more than any of us normal folks can.

sccutler

Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:01 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
So why should this?

Because if there's one thing Americans REALLY dislike more than paying taxes, it's someone who weaseled their way out of paying for taxes, especially one that constantly chided others for avoiding taxes.

The story checks out: no tax returns to prove the story false and the campaign stated it was "illegally obtained" which reinforces the perception that this is an authentic document.

I'd be surprised if the document was fake - too obscure to be be the subject of a fake.

But if you consider losing almost a billion-with-a-B dollars as "weaseling out," then you have an interesting definition. The tax code is what it is, and I don't think there is any reason to believe that the law wasn't followed.

Remember, losses occur as a result of failed business ventures which, in turn, involve placing capital at risk. Profits will incur tax liability, and losses can offset tax liability (maybe, to make it fair, loss-making businesses should be paid by the Treasury at the same rate?), but only against future profits.

The tax code could, one supposes, be revised such that losses could not be carried forward, but that would be a terrible disincentive for investment, and God knows, we don't need that in our economy.

casinterest

Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:10 pm

I don't think one tax document will sink trump. I think the motive here is to get him to sue the NYT for how they obtained the document, and then put it all front and center for a bigger story on the non release of recent tax documents.

It seems like a huge write off, but the US tax code allows for it. You lose 25,000 in stock, you can write it off against future gains, or 3,000 a year.

The real underlying questions that would need to be investigated, is whether it was his money to write off, or whether the businesses wrote it off instead.
Also, with the reports of some of his charity corporations donations winding up in private commercial or personal possessions, there are some legitimate questions of whether the books are cooked. Of course without a full audit, no one would really know.

Aesma

Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Flighty wrote:
Oh please Bush only did it with the support of people like General Powell, Mr. Cameron in the UK and prominent New York senator Hillary Clinton. She authorized the invasion on behalf the Democratic party, a gigantic event in history. Each of those people holds a heavy responsibility.

Hillary holds much less responsibility than the executive branch, and I'm certain that if Trump had been a legislator at the time, he would have supported the war too. He supported it as a citizen.

luckyone

Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Flighty wrote:

First of all, David Cameron?? He wasn't even leader of the Conservative (read opposition party until 2010) Party until 2005, or PM until 2010. The real blame for the Iraq War lies with American citizens, the majority of whom were baying for blood in post-9/11 stupor. The Bush Administration pointed that at Iraq, who was already an easy target for reasons that aren't related to this thread. If you try to pin the Iraq War on Democrats, much less Hillary Clinton, you will very quickly make a fool out of yourself. 48 Republican Senators voted for that resolution in 2002. One voted no. Only 3 Senate Democrats were needed for the resolution to pass, which had overwhelmingly passed the Republican controlled House (it should be noted that the Senators from Georgia on the Yes list would almost certainly today be Republicans). Yes Democrats played a role as 28 said yes, 21 no. Then-Senator Clinton, who was the junior Senator from New York State, and was not on the Armed Services Committee at the time, did not authorize it "on behalf of the Democratic Party." At the time of 2002 vote, the Senate was controlled by Democrats. Led by Sen. Daschle, who also voted yes. Such statements just make you sound foolish and uninformed.

Bayh, Evan (D-IN)
Baucus, Max (D-MT)
Biden, Joseph (D-DE)
Breaux, John (D-LA)
Cantwell, Maria (D-WA)
Carnahan, Jean (D-MO)
Carper, Thomas (D-DE)
Cleland, Max (D-GA)
Clinton, Hillary (D-NY)
Daschle, Tom (D-SD)
Dodd, Chris (D-CT)
Dorgan, Byron (D-ND)
Edwards, John (D-NC)
Feinstein, Dianne (D-CA)
Harkin, Tom (D-IA)
Hollings, Ernest (D-SC)
Johnson, Tim (D-SD)
Kerry, John (D-MA)
Kohl, Herb (D-WI)
Landrieu, Mary (D-LA)
Lieberman, Joseph (D-CT)
Lincoln, Blanche (D-AR)
Miller, Zell (D-GA)
Nelson, Ben (D-NE)
Nelson, Bill (D-FL)
Reid, Harry (D-NV)
Rockefeller, Jay (D-WV)
Schumer, Chuck (D-NY)
Torricelli, Robert (D-NJ)

luckyone

Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:48 pm

casinterest wrote:
I don't think one tax document will sink trump. I think the motive here is to get him to sue the NYT for how they obtained the document, and then put it all front and center for a bigger story on the non release of recent tax documents.

It seems like a huge write off, but the US tax code allows for it. You lose 25,000 in stock, you can write it off against future gains, or 3,000 a year.

The real underlying questions that would need to be investigated, is whether it was his money to write off, or whether the businesses wrote it off instead.
Also, with the reports of some of his charity corporations donations winding up in private commercial or personal possessions, there are some legitimate questions of whether the books are cooked. Of course without a full audit, no one would really know.

Indeed. The damage is not that he didn't pay taxes. The devil is in the details surrounding the mind-numbing loss of money and Trump's projection of himself, and as others mentioned the GOP's vilification of those whom they claim do not pay taxes--I don't know how people rationalize that one. The way he's stomping around like a brat after he offered to disclose his tax returns against his lawyer's advice (if that's even true...) says more than the information released. Trump's number one priority is protecting the Trump Brand. All else is secondary.

wingman

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Aesma wrote:
Hillary holds much less responsibility than the executive branch, and I'm certain that if Trump had been a legislator at the time, he would have supported the war too. He supported it as a citizen.

He didn't support the Iraq War, that's a fact. You can call Sean Hannity to confirm what Le Donald whispered in his ear before they made sweet monkey love.
Roll the tape!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQGBZQrtT0

LAX772LR

Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:37 pm

pvjin wrote:
Tax evasion is the sensible thing to do if you feel you aren't getting anything in return for your tax money.

So, by that "logic".... illegal immigrants are completely justified by not paying income tax.

After all: they're doing the work, but not getting any of the specific benefits from it.
See the problem with your line of thought?

LMP737

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 pm

pvjin wrote:

That argument does not hold water. Especially for someone like Trump. Taxes maintain the roads and infrastructure for his various properties. Taxes maintain the airports that he flies in and out of in his private jet. The list goes on but i think you see my point.

luckyone

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Perhaps his invitation for Russian hackers to dig deeper backfired. :twisted: :twisted:

Hillis
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Flighty wrote:

As for the body count, there are a number of worthwhile researchers looking into that. Direct violent deaths range at about 250,000. But war kills more people by indirect means. For such a basic fact as how many deaths have been caused by the Iraq War, I leave you to do your own reading.

It's just an example of her character... do you really think she thought the case for WMD had been demonstrated adequately... of course not... she was all about the cheap 9/11 political gain for herself... as thousands of children were lit afire. Just sayin. Everybody is into her... it's scary. She is a cheap person... not a quality person like Obama. There is a difference.

The Buck stops with the president, not the SecState, or Congress, or anyone else. He pushed the war, and he knew it was on phony intel. But It's nice how you try to shift the responsibility away from the man on top. You blame a Senator but not a President. I suspect you wouldn't give that same slide, nor should you have, to Obama.

This was Bush's mess, no one else's. ISIS was formed as a direct result of the vacuum left by our screw-ups there long before Obama was sworn in. Put the blame where it belongs, not on underlings or people who didn't even serve til years later.

DfwRevolution

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:38 pm

sccutler wrote:
The tax code is what it is, and I don't think there is any reason to believe that the law wasn't followed..

And that is about the most meaningful comment anyone on this thread can make. Donald Trump correctly filed his taxes 21 years ago.

The rest of this thread is just the false indignation, virtue signaling, and prideful ignorance that would mark any election year political topic.

PacificBeach88

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:26 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
And that is about the most meaningful comment anyone on this thread can make. Donald Trump correctly filed his taxes 21 years ago.

The rest of this thread is just the false indignation, virtue signaling, and prideful ignorance that would mark any election year political topic.

Sorry pumpkin, but it's your terrible candidate that has allowed this to come up. He hasn't released his tax returns, so now conjecture is fair game. If you and your fellow Trumpanzees don't like it, get your candidate to release his tax returns.

Your response reminds me of his deplorable surrogates crying on Sunday they want to talk about "the issues" even though it was their candidate Trump Tweeting at 3:20 in the morning about a 20 year old, Ms. Universe, scandal. Then Sunday's bombshell of the sh**show that is Trump's taxes. And not to mention today's Trump Foundation being served a cease and desist letter from NY for fraud. And that doesn't even include 4 deferment Trump's latest gaffe today, claiming vets who have PTSD or commit suicide aren't strong. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick.

PacificBeach88

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Non-strong military men can't handle it...get PTSD and kill themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/politics/ ... index.html

Hillis
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:44 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:

The only ones he hasn't pissed off are the uneducated masses that are the base of his base. Give it time, he'll dis them, too.

Aesma

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:17 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
sccutler wrote:
The tax code is what it is, and I don't think there is any reason to believe that the law wasn't followed..

Since when do Republicans care about the law when attacking Clinton on say, Benghazi ?

Besides, nobody has said he has done something illegal. It doesn't look good anyway.

MaverickM11

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:30 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:

Back in the good ole days you could just tell the returning boys to "man up!" ...that is if they weren't losers that were captured like McCain. Or Jesus.

wingman

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:46 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
sccutler wrote:

What anyone in this forum thinks is meaningless, I'll grant you that point. What does have meaning, and tons of it, is what white working class people in Ohio are going to think about it. It's kinda simple really, Trump is smart and he's a winner for not paying taxes for 20 years. So that means that the good white working class people of Ohio are stupid losers. They just didn't have the brains to lose $920M of other people's money and then use bankruptcy law to forgo any tax obligation for two decades. And this is a man running for President who just recently released a tax reform blueprint for the nation that virtually all non partisan analysts agree favors the wealthy more than any other group. It begs the question, if Donald doesn't pay taxes today and wants to even improve his tax "obligations" even further, will the IRS start paying HIM just for the privilege of sharing the same nationality?

This topic is as relevant as it gets for Trump because it's the only topic so far in this election that he knows is based on fact. He might be able to reduce every other topic to reality TV-levels of blubbering stupidity, but not this one. He should release his damn tax records.

NIKV69

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 am

How come nobody got this upset at Jeffrey Immelt?

dragon-wings

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:48 am

I think the bigger shock of this story is that he lost almost a BILLION dollars! He is supposed to be a good business man but he declared bankruptcy 4 times, now we find out he lost almost a billion dollars. If he runs the US like his businesses we will be in big trouble!

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:51 am

NIKV69 wrote:
How come nobody got this upset at Jeffrey Immelt?

Maybe because he wasn't running for president? And not a complete facking moron?

DfwRevolution

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:39 am

Aesma wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:
sccutler wrote:

Since when do Republicans care about the law when attacking Clinton on say, Benghazi ?

The Benghazi investigation was started because a diplomat was killed in the field, not as a matter of law. It was continued because it uncovered official incompetence and persisted because it revealed criminal illegality. So yes, I'd say Congressional Republicans absolutely cared about the law.

dragon-wings wrote:
I think the bigger shock of this story is that he lost almost a BILLION dollars!

Uber lost over a billion dollars in the first half of this year. Good business or no?

PacificBeach88 wrote:
DfwRevolution wrote:

Sorry pumpkin, but it's your terrible candidate that has allowed this to come up. He hasn't released his tax returns, so now conjecture is fair game. If you and your fellow Trumpanzees don't like it, get your candidate to release his tax returns.

Your response reminds me of his deplorable surrogates crying on Sunday they want to talk about "the issues" even though it was their candidate Trump Tweeting at 3:20 in the morning about a 20 year old, Ms. Universe, scandal. Then Sunday's bombshell of the sh**show that is Trump's taxes. And not to mention today's Trump Foundation being served a cease and desist letter from NY for fraud. And that doesn't even include 4 deferment Trump's latest gaffe today, claiming vets who have PTSD or commit suicide aren't strong. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick.

I can't stop you from speculating. I wouldn't even try to stop your vivid imagination.

My point is that the NYT story is classic election year overreach. Trump filed his taxes in compliance with the laws as they have existed for years. What, was the IRS under the Clinton administration too soft on the rich? Anyone can offset earnings with capital losses. Even Turbotax will do it for you. What we have today is a press that is not just ideologically bent but so openly partisan that they would write a news story - not an opinion piece - with message board level speculation.

And I think Trump's social media comments at 3 AM and what he said about veterans are actually far more relevant to his fitness for office. But what is getting news time? His taxes. It's like our media is trying to appear like they are going after the high-brow, investigative, substantial stuff, but in reality, they are chasing the non-story.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:41 am

LAX772LR wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
I am disgusted with stupid people defending this type of behavior by anyone.

Well that, and the incredible hypocrisy of it all:

Mexican immigrants (working cash jobs but) not paying income tax = outrage.
Trump (taking capital gains but) not paying income tax = smart.

....hmm, that's consistent. :?

A perversion of reasonable thought.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:01 am

As I watch my pension statement and my SS statement and my investment statement and I see that almost 20 years after retirement I am paying taxes on every cent that comes in along with my wife, I cannot really express my distain for the apologizers on here for this corrupt madman, it is simply beyond my words to do so. You could buy about 4 C17 transports, a few first line fighter aircraft, a Navy ship, untold weapons, ammunition, uniforms and many other things for the military with the money. 916 million dollars, it has a ring to it. The bell of corruption which gains the common man nothing tolls. These hypocrites who love the military so much, and who claim our taxes are wasted by our government have no problem defending this man and his failures. Hypocrisy thy name is Republican. :roll: :oops: :shock:

dc10lover

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:02 am

Did you also hear The New York Times did not pay federal income taxes? Look it up.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:13 am

dc10lover wrote:
Did you also hear The New York Times did not pay federal income taxes? Look it up.

Nobody is surprised at that, we know the system is f... up, corrupt, but they are not running for President on a bunch of lying pious hypocritical bunch of statements where he preaches while doing what he preaches against. He was a failure, but bailed out with government handouts to the tune of 916 million dollars.

777Jet

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:14 am

wingman wrote:
He should release his damn tax records.

At least they still exist.

Can't say the same about the thousands of e-mails Hillary deleted in violation of subpoena and preservation orders.

777Jet

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:16 am

dragon-wings wrote:
I think the bigger shock of this story is that he lost almost a BILLION dollars! He is supposed to be a good business man but he declared bankruptcy 4 times, now we find out he lost almost a billion dollars. If he runs the US like his businesses we will be in big trouble!

The US is already in big trouble, about 19.5 Trillion? No?

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:19 am

777Jet wrote:
wingman wrote:

Can't say the same about the thousands of e-mails Hillary deleted in violation of subpoena and preservation orders.

You folks are going to beat that horse that into a defeat in November. 8-)

777Jet

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:23 am

WarRI1 wrote:
You could buy about 4 C17 transports, a few first line fighter aircraft, a Navy ship, untold weapons, ammunition, uniforms and many other things for the military with the money. 916 million dollars, it has a ring to it. The bell of corruption which gains the common man nothing tolls. These hypocrites who love the military so much, and who claim our taxes are wasted by our government have no problem defending this man and his failures. Hypocrisy thy name is Republican.

Just imagine how many of those C17's among other toys could be bought if the US had good trade deals that didn't result in so much trade deficit!

Excuses thy name is Democrat ;)

777Jet

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:26 am

WarRI1 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
wingman wrote:

You folks are going to beat that horse that into a defeat in November. 8-)

Those who prefer to be taken care of by others and are a leech on the US economy hope ;)

And you can just keep on beating the already flogged tax return horse...

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:35 am

777Jet wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
You could buy about 4 C17 transports, a few first line fighter aircraft, a Navy ship, untold weapons, ammunition, uniforms and many other things for the military with the money. 916 million dollars, it has a ring to it. The bell of corruption which gains the common man nothing tolls. These hypocrites who love the military so much, and who claim our taxes are wasted by our government have no problem defending this man and his failures. Hypocrisy thy name is Republican.

Just imagine how many of those C17's among other toys could be bought if the US had good trade deals that didn't result in so much trade deficit!

Excuses thy name is Democrat

Maybe you do not know my stand on globalization and trade deals along with unions and the loss of jobs. I have made myself very clear and have taken much shit from Republicans and Conservative on here about that subject. Now along comes you Johnny come lately folks who are now protectionists because of this phony, who has done absolutely zero protecting American jobs for thirty years. You and your Hero are full of bull dinky, jumping on the boat after it left the dock thirty years along now. Check David Letterman and Donald Trump on his show, :shock: Trump looked like an ass and hypocrite. I just loved his line, well they need jobs too. Hypocrisy thy name is Republican and Conservative. :shock:

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:40 am

777jet

Those who prefer to be taken care of by others and are a leech on the US economy hope ;)

The King of welfare, Donald Trump to the tune of 916 million. You do have balls saying that on this forum about tax avoidance by the Genius. I always thought that title was reserved for intelligent men, like Einstein, not bull shit artists and takers and users of the system. Sounds like welfare to me and millions of others who will vote in November. I cannot wait.

777Jet

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:46 am

WarRI1 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Excuses thy name is Democrat

Maybe you do not know my stand on globalization and trade deals along with unions and the loss of jobs. I have made myself very clear and have taken much shit from Republicans and Conservative on here about that subject. Now along comes you Johnny come lately folks who are now protectionists because of this phony, who has done absolutely zero protecting American jobs for thirty years. You and your Hero are full of bull dinky, jumping on the boat after it left the dock thirty years along now. Check David Letterman and Donald Trump on his show, :shock: Trump looked like an ass and hypocrite. I just loved his line, well they need jobs too. Hypocrisy thy name is Republican and Conservative. :shock:

""You and your Hero""

Hero? LOL

If Trump is a hero to those who would vote for him instead of Hillary then by the same logic you must also believe that those who are going to vote for Hillary hold her as their hero? That is sad...

The contemptuous Hillary who holds herself above everybody else is far worse a human being than Trump.

777Jet

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:57 am

WarRI1 wrote:
777jet

The King of welfare, Donald Trump to the tune of 916 million. You do have balls saying that on this forum about tax avoidance by the Genius. I always thought that title was reserved for intelligent men, like Einstein, not bull shit artists and takers and users of the system. Sounds like welfare to me and millions of others who will vote in November. I cannot wait.

So now smart and successful folks who correctly use their accountants to legally reduce their tax bill are 'The King of welfare'? Wow... You guys in the US are a bit slow if you think this is something new - you sure talk about it like it is something new lol. Forget all the tax paid by his employees. How many tax payers have jobs because they work for one of Trump's businesses?

Genius was your word by the way, I, and several others, said he was smart for doing so. But he is a Billionaire and putting up a damn good fight against a crooked politician with decades of experience and he still could become the next POTUS. I guess you would define such a person as dumb.

""bull shit artists and takers and users of the system"" - if you add "show contempt for authorities, the system and the general public by lying to them" you would have just summed up Hillary quite well :D

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:05 am

777jet

Come on, I have also said many times, I do nor like Hillary one little bit. I supported Bernie after listening to Trumps bullshit to the point of realizing he is a con-man who does not give a shit about anybody but Trump. I have also said many times, better to take the one who is going to screw us the least, and that is Hillary. I have also said that the new SC Justice is the big item in this election. We have had enough of a Conservative Court and their screwing of the working stiff, the common man so to speak of which I place myself. My line is when someone tells you he or she is going to screw you, I believe them. The Donald is a screw artist and a greedy man, a snake oil salesman on the jobs and many other issues.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:10 am

""bull shit artists and takers and users of the system"" - if you add "show contempt for authorities, the system and the general public by lying to them" you would have just summed up Hillary quite well :D

Not to the tune of 916 million though.

Genius was your word by the way, I, and several others, said he was smart for doing so

I suggest you read the words of Rudy G, and Gov. Christy. He is a Genius for screwing the system, and I quote them both. A perversion of the Title Genius to describe a buffoon that way.

777Jet

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:20 am

WarRI1 wrote:
he is a con-man who does not give a shit about anybody but Trump.

I have also said many times, better to take the one who is going to screw us the least, and that is Hillary.

The same can easily be said about Hillary, both Clintons in fact. They only care about themselves and being able to continue on being above the law and everyone else.

We each have our opinion about who will do the least screwing over of people, and I believe *Americans* will be better served / less screwed over by Trump. Hillary will be more focused on taking care of other countries at the expense of her own. Trump is better for America and Americans - and that is what should matter to Americans.

WarRI1

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:35 am

777Jet wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I have also said many times, better to take the one who is going to screw us the least, and that is Hillary.

The same can easily be said about Hillary, both Clintons in fact. They only care about themselves and being able to continue on being above the law and everyone else.

All of them, not peculiar to the Clintons. When you paint with a brush, all will be black for that reason. In the DNA of Politicians and Billionaire political wannabes.

We each have our opinion about who will do the least screwing over of people, and I believe *Americans* will be better served / less screwed over by Trump. Hillary will be more focused on taking
care of other countries at the expense of her own. Trump is better for America and Americans - and that is what should matter to Americans.

As you so correctly said, we both have our opinions. Trump is certainly no friend of workers, so by the numbers, he will protect the wealthy first of course as the study of his new tax proposal has proved and the Republicans long history show. Also in the DNA, self protection for the special people. The job creators :lol: Now Hillary has something to prove if she wants a second term if elected. If she double crosses on the issues, she will join Carter and Bush as One termers and rightly so. Trump, a USSC justice approved by the Heritage Foundation. God forbid! Hillary, a Judge of the people, not of the religious right or the wealthy who consider corporations as people. Look at what that has done for us. :shock:

apodino

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:27 am

WarRI1 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

All of them, not peculiar to the Clintons. When you paint with a brush, all will be black for that reason. In the DNA of Politicians and Billionaire political wannabes.

We each have our opinion about who will do the least screwing over of people, and I believe *Americans* will be better served / less screwed over by Trump. Hillary will be more focused on taking
care of other countries at the expense of her own. Trump is better for America and Americans - and that is what should matter to Americans.

As you so correctly said, we both have our opinions. Trump is certainly no friend of workers, so by the numbers, he will protect the wealthy first of course as the study of his new tax proposal has proved and the Republicans long history show. Also in the DNA, self protection for the special people. The job creators :lol: Now Hillary has something to prove if she wants a second term if elected. If she double crosses on the issues, she will join Carter and Bush as One termers and rightly so. Trump, a USSC justice approved by the Heritage Foundation. God forbid! Hillary, a Judge of the people, not of the religious right or the wealthy who consider corporations as people. Look at what that has done for us. :shock:

I respect you War but I have a huge issue with your statement on judges. You are using phrases like judge of the people, and judge of the wealthy and judge of the corporations. My one test for judges is simple. What does the law say, and will rulings be based on what the law actually says? As complicated as our laws are, a lot of times what the law says will be in corporations favor, a lot of times it will be in favor of the wealthy, and a lot of times it will be in favor of the people. That is fine, and that is exactly how the system should work. If we get rulings we don't like because of interpretations of law, change the law. The Citizens United ruling is a great example. It is a ruling that in my opinion, the supreme court got right from a legal standpoint. (There is a law on the federal books dating back to the founders time that even says that corporations have the same constitutional rights as the people.) That is all I ask of them. We know what the consequences have been. Rather than change the courts to get judges to rule a different way, change the law. That's what we have congress for. That's what we have 50 state legislatures for. My biggest worry with a Hillary presidency is the judges. Strike one is that she says she has a litmus test for judges and will appoint judges who will rule in specific ways on cases. This is scary. She is basically deciding how cases will be ruled on before they are heard, based on what she wants the rulings to be, not based on what the law actually is. I know rulings on certain cases will make liberals real happy for now, but if you think justices will stop there, you are sadly mistaken. One name I have heard floated for Hillary is Goodwin Liu. This is a guy who has already said on record that the constitution is a living document, and it doesn't matter what it says because the court can always change its interpretation to meet the times. In other words, amend the constitution from the bench. Scary stuff.

As far as Trump goes, I don't support him either, but it doesn't sound like he did anything illegal here even though what he did was in bad taste and calls into question his business practices. This case highlights in my opinion everything that is wrong with the tax code, and exactly the type of stuff the tea party has been fighting over the years. What we hear from Hillary and the Democratic party is raise taxes on the rich, soak the rich, etc. The problem this presents is similar to a David Copperfield Illusion. This is the part they want you to see, while unseen to us, the lobbyists get both parties to slip all these pages of tax breaks and complications to the tax code, which allows the very people that the tax hikes are designed to hit, to avoid paying taxes. The way to solve this is with a simple flat tax. 15 percent income tax for everybody, and no tax on the first $50,000 of income. This would help the middle class tremendously, and would still get a lot of the tax revenue from the wealthy and the corporations. When you make the Tax Code so complicated and have so many regulations, the only people this doesn't hurt are the ones who have the massive resources to navigate this legal minefield, which is one of the big reasons why the rich get richer, corporations have gotten bigger, and the middle class and main street have been and continue to get raped. And its led to the Wells Fargo situation, and Deutsche Bank overseas, and I could go on and on.

Aesma

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:41 am

I find the trade deals issue funny. At least it's a new one, unlike abortion or illegal immigration that get tiring after 10 presidential elections.

The biggest proponent of free trade is the US. It has been for decades, no matter who has been in power. It's ready to go to war over this (fight against communism anyone ?). US people think free trade can solve conflicts, reduce poverty, etc.

Now suddenly the US has made bad deals ? Give me a break !

rfields5421

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:11 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:

I've got no problem with Donald Trump legally not paying taxes.

I have more trouble with Donald Trump failing to pay dozens of small businesses for work they did while he purposely took his companies into bankruptcy - and artificially created the near billion dollar loss on the value of the holdings he took into bankruptcy.

But the BIGGEST ISSUE, and a VALID DISCUSSION POINT - is Donald Trump's recent comments about how much tax he pays and how that tax burden is too great. How it keeps him and many other billionaires and a lot of large millionaires from making investments in creating jobs.

A VALID DISCUSSION POINT is Donald Trump's recent comments that the people who make too little money to pay federal income tax due to working at minimum or near minimum wage jobs are tax cheats who are defrauding the government.

A VALID DISCUSSION POINT is whether or not a tax cut is needed for the wealthiest income producers in this country because they are paying too much in taxes. Are they?

Tugger

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:53 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
A VALID DISCUSSION POINT is whether or not a tax cut is needed for the wealthiest income producers in this country because they are paying too much in taxes. Are they?

The truth is that "the wealthy" do pay the majority of the taxes in this nation, but the reason for this is because the earn/receive the largest portion of income/generated cash (remember you have to look at more that just "income") of anyone in the nation.

So there is in truth nothing wrong with the very high portion of the nation's taxes that they pay, for it is completely due to the fact that they made the most money, more than anyone else.

I still do not understand why people rail against a "burger flipper" earning more, now with a minimum wage of $15.00/hr on the horizon. When the income is SUPPOSED TO flow down per popular theory. And with the very wealthy making the strides in increasing their income, that wealth is supposed to flow down to everyone below.

In 1978 the minimum wage was $2.65, which is $5,500.00 annually, and the median home price was about 10x that ($55,000 for those who want a number. Today the national minimum wage is $7.25 with several states/localities in the $10 range and higher, using $10.00/hr that means $20,800 annually, and the median home price is now $240,000 just over 11x the min wage (or nearly 16x the current federal minimum wage). Why does anyone think a burger flipper should have been worth more in the past than today? Same value added to society. While I don't believe in a "living wage" requirement for minimum wage, I do see the value in not creating a race to the bottom, seeing who is more willing than another to live like s#!t. It is the exact same thing Turmpy is talking about when he proclaims overseas competition unfair and the need to impose tariffs to "make America great again".

Tugg

bhill

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Ahhhhh...NOW I know who those 47% are whom Romney was speaking of....I do not know what is worse....Trump complaining how much the roads, airports, military are so in the shitter, or him having the balls to say that while not paying for it. Real simple...if you are not paying for a service...DON'T BITCH ABOUT THE QUALITY OF IT!!! "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

wingman

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:03 pm

And again, he aims to improve his tax position, and those of his country club cronies, but since their range of payments is 0% (Trump) to 13% (Buffet), how much better could it possibly get? Trump has just been caught out in his biggest dump of oral diarrhea since the campaign started. It's sad that just like if he murdered someone on 5th Ave in broad daylight his supporters still don't care. Incredible.

PacificBeach88

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 pm

Back in the late 1980s I made $5 per hour, when the minimum federal wage was $3.35. Today, that wage equals over $10 per hour. I grew up in East Cupcake, Midwest. I think we should have a minimum $12 per hour wage with an inflation adjuster. I'm also ok with a tiered system where people in NYC make $15, people in Minneapolis make $13.50, people in Des Moines make $12, and people in BFE, North Carolina make $10 per hour.