Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NIKV69

Re: NYT: Trump Taxless For 18 Years?

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:02 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe because he wasn't running for president? And not a complete facking moron?

Oh I get it. You run for president as a Republican and you use tax law you are a deadbeat and have cheated the country. You are a Obama loving owner of GE and you are a hero. Yea bout right.

BTW all those in this thread using the propaganda term "Tax evasion" that is something Sharpton has done to the tune of 4 plus million. Not what Trump did.

Just saying.

MaverickM11

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:13 am

NIKV69 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe because he wasn't running for president? And not a complete facking moron?

Oh I get it. .

Nope you don't. One of the two is a successful businessman who is not running for President, the other is Trump, who has run his company into the ground 4 times, and managed to lose $1B in one year alone. Both can use all the tax rules to their advantage that they can find, but one is arguably the real deal, and the other is a con artist. So naturally republicans and evangelicals will continue to line up to swallow his diarrhea like it's manna from heaven. Sad!

salttee

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:34 am

PacificBeach88 wrote:
Back in the late 1980s I made $5 per hour, when the minimum federal wage was $3.35. Today, that wage equals over $10 per hour. I grew up in East Cupcake, Midwest. I think we should have a minimum $12 per hour wage with an inflation adjuster. I'm also ok with a tiered system where people in NYC make $15, people in Minneapolis make $13.50, people in Des Moines make $12, and people in BFE, North Carolina make $10 per hour.
I see that you're quite the economic genius, you've figured out that it costs more to live in one place than it does in another. Congratulations!

WarRI1

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:38 am

Apodino.

I respect you War but I have a huge issue with your statement on judges. You are using phrases like judge of the people, and judge of the wealthy and judge of the corporations. My one test for judges is simple. What does the law say, and will rulings be based on what the law actually say.

Let me say, I try to respect all to a point, or at least try to be civil, but I feel free to express my thoughts on the USSC etc. Way back in my youth, we had this fanciful ideal that the Supreme Court was a non-biased branch of the US Government. There to right wrongs and dispense justice like the Lady out side the court. Years later, we know this is not true. If it was true, we would not see the political Shenanigans that take place today. There is a reason for that, and that is to influence the direction of the country and its citizens to mold them to political and religious ideologies that the party at the time in power when a vacancy occurs always does with the new justice. Now I do not know who said it first, but I do know Trump said and it is well recorded that he would submit his pick to the Heritage Foundation for approval.

Now in case somehow someone does not know of the Foundation and its ideals, trust me they are not Liberal, nor maybe even rational according to ones views. I have been around awhile and it seems to me that new flood of money let loose by Citizens United did nothing to help our Democratic Process which was already corrupted by vast amounts of wealth pouring in to our elections for many years. Of course our corrupted Congress with both sides participating allowed this corruption to spread like a virus. We have had a Conservative majority on the court for about 40 years. The Donald is a man of change to hear him. I ask is his solution to replace Scalia change? To say it is, is not reality, to hope the common man will get blind justice is a pipe dream which not one Democrat believes. I have said many times that the New justice is the big issue of this election. I am sure you realize why. I say it is time for change to keep us little people from getting short changed for another 40 years.

I do plead guilty of being a Liberal type, but hopefully not a dumb type. As I said maybe not so gracefully, I know when I am being screwed. Trump and his use of the corrupt system proves his sense of justice does not include the Little People. Does anyone remember Leona Helmsley from New York who so famously said "Only the little people pay taxes" I will just bet that Donald believes that philosophy, how could he not?

777Jet

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:07 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
Back in the late 1980s I made $5 per hour, when the minimum federal wage was $3.35.

I thought that crossdressers made more than that, even in the 80s? :D

PacificBeach88

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:58 pm

777Jet wrote:
PacificBeach88 wrote:
Back in the late 1980s I made $5 per hour, when the minimum federal wage was $3.35.

I didn't say anything about my tip money. :P

sccutler

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:07 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
Back in the late 1980s I made $5 per hour, when the minimum federal wage was $3.35. Today, that wage equals over $10 per hour. I grew up in East Cupcake, Midwest. I think we should have a minimum $12 per hour wage with an inflation adjuster. I'm also ok with a tiered system where people in NYC make $15, people in Minneapolis make $13.50, people in Des Moines make $12, and people in BFE, North Carolina make $10 per hour.

The market pretty much does that now.

Around here, anything other than the dullest, fog-a-mirror jobs are starting in the $10-$12/hour range, and there's a bidding war for entry-level construction labor (I mean, completely untrained, reasonable health, clean-pee). One contractor I know of is hiring green helpers (most minimal training) for $28.00/hour. Plus benefits.

Tugger

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:58 pm

sccutler wrote:
The market pretty much does that now.

and a minimum wage undergirds the market to make sure desperation does not distort the market. The market is a powerful thing and the driving force as it should be but like anything that powerful it does need controls and rules to function properly.

Tugg

777Jet

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 am

PacificBeach88 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
PacificBeach88 wrote:

I didn't say anything about my tip money. :P

I hope you declared that on your tax return ;)

einsteinboricua

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:47 am

I'm not concerned that he used a loophole. We're all guilty of wanting to pay as little tax as possible. My issue is that he chides people who use loopholes and those who do not pay taxes (because they're too poor), promises to fix the system, but in reality he'd love it if more benefits were available. My issue is that he says he's smart for not having to pay taxes (what does that make me?) but calls me moocher if I use it to my advantage. My issue is that he likes to call himself a successful businessman, yet successful would imply that your businesses are so solid that you don't need to declare bankruptcy; so if success includes taking a nearly $1B loss, what is the definition of failure?

seb146

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:12 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
I'm not concerned that he used a loophole. We're all guilty of wanting to pay as little tax as possible. My issue is that he chides people who use loopholes and those who do not pay taxes (because they're too poor), promises to fix the system, but in reality he'd love it if more benefits were available. My issue is that he says he's smart for not having to pay taxes (what does that make me?) but calls me moocher if I use it to my advantage. My issue is that he likes to call himself a successful businessman, yet successful would imply that your businesses are so solid that you don't need to declare bankruptcy; so if success includes taking a nearly $1B loss, what is the definition of failure?

He is so contradictory but his followers do not seem to care. He has four children by three different women but the "family values" crowd thinks he is wonderful. He loses billions but people actually believe he is a smart business person. His non profit foundation shows nothing but people think he is generous.

WarRI1

Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:43 am

seb 146.

He is so contradictory but his followers do not seem to care. He has four children by three different women but the "family values" crowd thinks he is wonderful. He loses billions but people actually believe he is a smart business person. His non profit foundation shows nothing but people think he is generous.

And that is what I find alarming, that so many seem not to know the true colors of this man. They hate Obama and Hillary so much from 8 years of unrelenting hate messages from the Right that they would almost vote for anyone to try and destroy anything he has accomplished. They have even distorted Hillarie's role in the killing of Osama Bin laden.