777Jet

Re: Australian men jailed in Malaysia for Speedos at Grand Prix

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:01 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
777Jet wrote:
As for "desecration of the Malaysian flag", I wonder if you can by swimmers / speedos in Malaysia with the Malaysian flag on them?

No, you can't.

Okay.

I read about these clowns today whilst at work. They are from very, very connected families in Australia. One is a staffer to a current serving government minister. Another is the son of two former diplomats and went to school in Indonesia, Melbourne and then Hong Kong. All attended very posh schools. They seem like the type who think that they can do what they want and then call mommy or daddy for help when the shit hits the fan.

And... This speedo wearing thing abroad is a trend / tradition that they do. They have often gotten custom made budgie smugglers made and then pose in them in overseas locations. Whilst I'm sure no disrespect was intended, they knew what they were doing.

It's a shame in one sense that they got off so lightly after only being locked up for a few days. This won't discourage such behavior in the future. Now, I wonder how many Aussies, anybody in particular, have taken drugs to Indonesia after the stupid drug smugglers, including the dumb Aussies, were executed compared to before the executions? I have no doubt that that message made a few think twice before trying that. I'm just saying that I would have liked to have seen a harder punishment, especially if Malaysians really felt disrespected by this, in order to send a message to tourists about behaving appropriately and the consequences for not doing so or breaking laws whilst abroad.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388