Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Power Rangers - Female Green and/or Black Rangers

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 am

I am pretty sure everyone knows here that I would love to see a [straight] male Pink Ranger, however, I would like to know, what are your opinions on female Green and/or Black Rangers?

Just as I think straight males should be represented by the color pink, I personally think females should be represented by green and/or black as well. If anyone remembers, the Green Fairy Ranger representing the element of Earth (Evelyn Rodriguez) in my Power Rangers Fairy Magic team is female. In another one of my Ranger teams (Power Rangers Global Force), both the Green (Natalia Rodriguez) and Black (Hua Wong) Rangers (representing Mexico and China, respectively) are female.

What does anyone here think about female Green and/or Black Rangers?

777Jet

Re: Power Rangers - Female Green and/or Black Rangers

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:38 am

I like purple.

BlueberryWheats

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:45 am

I'd like a full tartan ranger to represent Scotland. With a name like Gordon MacDonald or something.

scbriml

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:27 am

It's not just a perfume.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:15 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
I'd like a full tartan ranger to represent Scotland. With a name like Gordon MacDonald or something.

How racist. If you were wondering, this is my Power Rangers Global Force team:

• Wesley Collins - Pink Global Ranger - USA
  • Chieli Martinelli - Red Global Ranger - Italy
  • Claire Bonnet - Blue Global Ranger - France
  • Natalia Rodriguez - Green Global Ranger - Mexico
  • Dakarai Dimka - Yellow Global Ranger - South Africa (native)
  • Hua Wong - Black Global Ranger - China

Polot

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm

I thought your Global Force was lead by the US. Shouldn't they be red then.

Also racist that South America is not represented.

PacificBeach88

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:32 pm

scbriml wrote:

It's not just a perfume.

Cosplay more like it?

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Polot wrote:

As with my Power Rangers Fairy Magic team, I personally think the Pink Ranger should be the leader and male. We did have a Pink Ranger as the leader in Time Force, but she was female.

As for South America, at least the Green Ranger (from Mexico) is Hispanic, so I don't see why it would be racist not to include South America. If South America must be included, then we must include Australia as well.

BlueberryWheats

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:16 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:

How racist. If you were wondering, this is my Power Rangers Global Force team:

• Wesley Collins - Pink Global Ranger - USA
  • Chieli Martinelli - Red Global Ranger - Italy
  • Claire Bonnet - Blue Global Ranger - France
  • Natalia Rodriguez - Green Global Ranger - Mexico
  • Dakarai Dimka - Yellow Global Ranger - South Africa (native)
  • Hua Wong - Black Global Ranger - China

How presumptuous of you to assume that someone from Italy would have an Italian name, or a Mexican to have a Spanish name, etc. Maybe a hint of racism?

I'm British, born and bred, and have a very French name.

einsteinboricua

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:03 pm

777Jet

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:07 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
Polot wrote:

As with my Power Rangers Fairy Magic team, I personally think the Pink Ranger should be the leader and male. We did have a Pink Ranger as the leader in Time Force, but she was female.

As for South America, at least the Green Ranger (from Mexico) is Hispanic, so I don't see why it would be racist not to include South America. If South America must be included, then we must include Australia as well.

The Australian ranger can be Green & Yellow (close enough to Green & Gold).

I'd like to see a pic of Hua Wong BTW.

Kiwirob

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:30 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
I am pretty sure everyone knows here that I would love to see a [straight] male Pink Ranger, however, I would like to know, what are your opinions on female Green and/or Black Rangers?

Just as I think straight males should be represented by the color pink, I personally think females should be represented by green and/or black as well. If anyone remembers, the Green Fairy Ranger representing the element of Earth (Evelyn Rodriguez) in my Power Rangers Fairy Magic team is female. In another one of my Ranger teams (Power Rangers Global Force), both the Green (Natalia Rodriguez) and Black (Hua Wong) Rangers (representing Mexico and China, respectively) are female.

But clearly you're not straight, you're about the gayest member of this forum, you should be happy with a gay Pink Ranger to represent your people.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

But clearly you're not straight, you're about the gayest member of this forum, you should be happy with a gay Pink Ranger to represent your people.

What a lie. Gay men almost never wear pink (except on TV by producer's request) and don't listen to smooth jazz.

PacificBeach88

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:54 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
What a lie. Gay men almost never wear pink (except on TV by producer's request) and don't listen to smooth jazz.

Gay Pride Smooth Jazz Station:
http://www.iheart.com/artist/smooth-jaz ... -27494068/

Gay Men In Jazz
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/6/22 ... en-in-Jazz

Dave Koz - Openly gay smooth jazz musician
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Koz

Pink Dave Koz:

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Um, first, if you look at the list of tracks, all of them are covers of mainstream tracks. Second, the article you posted just reinforces my point, since gay musicians are a rarity in the jazz world, and gay men are more likely to be fans of pop music or disco (gay men being the target audience for the latter). Third, those are just concert lights, and Dave Koz isn't actually wearing pink. I have seen Rick Braun, Nick Colionne, Jeff Lorber, and the late Wayman Tisdale wearing pink, and they are all straight.

BTW, to really break stereotypes, on my Power Rangers Music Force team, the Black Music Force Ranger Andrew Bennington is gay, and he represents heavy metal.

einsteinboricua

Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:49 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:

Kiwirob

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:36 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
Um, first, if you look at the list of tracks, all of them are covers of mainstream tracks. Second, the article you posted just reinforces my point, since gay musicians are a rarity in the jazz world, and gay men are more likely to be fans of pop music or disco (gay men being the target audience for the latter). Third, those are just concert lights, and Dave Koz isn't actually wearing pink. I have seen Rick Braun, Nick Colionne, Jeff Lorber, and the late Wayman Tisdale wearing pink, and they are all straight.

BTW, to really break stereotypes, on my Power Rangers Music Force team, the Black Music Force Ranger Andrew Bennington is gay, and he represents heavy metal.

Not many straight males wear pink like you do. You'd fit right in in a gay parade, grow a beard and you'd be a great big pink bear.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

Not many straight males wear pink like you do

Nor do many gay males. These are the stereotypes that I am trying to evade with my Power Ranger teams, which calling someone gay for wearing pink (regardless of the amount) is borderline defamatory. Christopher Scott the Pink Fairy Ranger on my Power Rangers Fairy Magic team would even wear completely pink outfits when unmorphed, but would have a girlfriend (Evelyn the Green Fairy Ranger) and would eventually get married near the end of the series. He would also be a smooth jazz fan.

einsteinboricua

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:13 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
Nor do many gay males. These are the stereotypes that I am trying to evade with my Power Ranger teams, which calling someone gay for wearing pink (regardless of the amount) is borderline defamatory. Christopher Scott the Pink Fairy Ranger on my Power Rangers Fairy Magic team would even wear completely pink outfits when unmorphed, but would have a girlfriend (Evelyn the Green Fairy Ranger) and would eventually get married near the end of the series. He would also be a smooth jazz fan.

Kiwirob

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:44 pm

every gay pride parade that's ever been is full of gay men wearing pink.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

That is because it is a parade, where anyone can dress however they want. In the real world gay men almost never wear pink. My uncle is gay and he usually wears black (he is a New Yorker after all).
Last edited by 1337Delta764 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OA412

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

Once again, for someone who has never had anything positive to say about the gays, you sure seem to have spent a lot of time studying us. "Every gay pride parade that's ever been?" That's a lot of pride parades you're attending.

Kiwirob

Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:16 pm

google gay pride parade and you get a lot of pictures of men wearing pink

PacificBeach88

Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
google gay pride parade and you get a lot of pictures of men wearing pink

Nearly impossible to find a gay man in anything pink at the Folsom Street Fair. Just saying. :lol: :lol:

einsteinboricua

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:24 pm

OA412 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Once again, for someone who has never had anything positive to say about the gays, you sure seem to have spent a lot of time studying us. "Every gay pride parade that's ever been?" That's a lot of pride parades you're attending.

The OP also has a lot of knowledge about what gay men do and don't wear too. And he seems to know a lot about what they can like and not like...

scbriml

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:26 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:

Dude, just listen to yourself. I'm surprised there's room in your closet for all those pink polo shirts.

OA412

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:26 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
OA412 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

The OP also has a lot of knowledge about what gay men do and don't wear too. And he seems to know a lot about what they can like and not like...

Indeed. I've noticed that as well!

PacificBeach88

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:42 pm

scbriml wrote:
Dude, just listen to yourself. I'm surprised there's room in your closet for all those pink polo shirts.

Please get it right, he wears IZOD and Advantage polos, not just any old pink polos. Fashionistas from TJMaxx! It's rude to get someone's signature look wrong, you brute.

scbriml

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:30 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
[Christopher Scott the Pink Fairy Ranger on my Power Rangers Fairy Magic team would even wear completely pink outfits

You mean something like this?

Tugger

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Guys... (or should that be gays... ? Hmmmm...) some people are just hyperfocused on certain things and elements around them or of life and can't control it. And a lot of them live online where they are safer from a world that just can't tolerate such things very well. But they are stuck with their "ticks" or compulsions or whatever and driven to think about it and talk about it. I do not get this one (or three or four or five.... whatever... pink shirts, my little ponies, power rangers... I know I am forgetting others).

I don't think it is intentional trolling and I try to not feed it... whatever it is. I cringe every time I see one, but for some reason I just gotta open it and see the weirdness (well hey, I guess there is my compulsion! ;-) ).

So with that said.... Wouldn't Gary and Ace be an excellent addition to the Power Rangers??? :D

They even have a unique "color" that is different from the other rangers so they should work well in the team.

Tugg

PacificBeach88

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:31 am

Who doesn't love a pink beard?

einsteinboricua

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:34 am

PacificBeach88 wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Please get it right, he wears IZOD and Advantage polos, not just any old pink polos. Fashionistas from TJMaxx! It's rude to get someone's signature look wrong, you brute.

Take off the bow tie and that's actually not a bad summer look.

Tugger wrote:
I know I am forgetting others

You forgot THE most important pink icon of all times: Timmy Turner from The Fairly Oddparents? HOW...DARE...YOU?!

Tugger wrote:
So with that said.... Wouldn't Gary and Ace be an excellent addition to the Power Rangers???

Thank you for making my night. I'll go to sleep LOLing.

PacificBeach88 wrote:
Who doesn't love a pink beard?
Many gays hate the whole "merman hair" and "glitter beard" trends, but depending on the color and the person they look great IMO. Guess I'm in the minority. Not something I can do though. I have the beard, but not sure what color goes with me (no...pink and brown don't mix).

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:47 pm

It is very unfortunate that we can't have a constructive discussion on whether or not there should be a female Green or Black Ranger, instead turning into a gay defamation fest.

einsteinboricua

Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:42 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
It is very unfortunate that we can't have a constructive discussion on whether or not there should be a female Green or Black Ranger, instead turning into a gay defamation fest.

Allow me to open your eyes:

1337Delta764 wrote:
I am pretty sure everyone knows here that I would love to see a [straight] male Pink Ranger,

1337Delta764 wrote:
Just as I think straight males should be represented by the color pink...

1337Delta764 wrote:
Gay men almost never wear pink (except on TV by producer's request) and don't listen to smooth jazz.

1337Delta764 wrote:
since gay musicians are a rarity in the jazz world, and gay men are more likely to be fans of pop music or disco (gay men being the target audience for the latter).

1337Delta764 wrote:
the Black Music Force Ranger Andrew Bennington is gay, and he represents heavy metal.

1337Delta764 wrote:
In the real world gay men almost never wear pink. My uncle is gay and he usually wears black (he is a New Yorker after all).

You're the one bringing in what gay men wear and don't wear, what they do and don't do. Is there a need to stress that the Pink ranger is straight?

Also...if you haven't noticed: barely anyone cares about the fantasy Power Range team or what they do.

Kiwirob

Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:45 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:

If you stopped making these idiotic posts we wouldn't have to, I'm sure there are plenty of other forums where your posts would be most welcome.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:53 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

Allow me to open your eyes:
You're the one bringing in what gay men wear and don't wear, what they do and don't do. Is there a need to stress that the Pink ranger is straight?

Also...if you haven't noticed: barely anyone cares about the fantasy Power Range team or what they do.

I only made brief mentions of it in my OP, but that wasn't the intended focus of this thread. Other users focusing on those brief mentions is what escalated the argument.

PacificBeach88

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:00 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:

Agreed! It's simply tragic!

Polot

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:53 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:

That is because there is no constructive discussion to make. Nobody cares if the green or black ranger is female.

Certain people have a strange obsession with the sexual orientation, and team ranking, of pink rangers however. How come you felt the need to clarify the sexual orientation of the pink ranger but not the sexual orientation of your theoretical female black or green rangers?

scbriml

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:49 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:

Dude, if you were 12, you might be cut some slack. Your obsession with Power Rangers and Power Puff Girls, at you age, is frankly disturbing.

Your avatar hardly helps your case. :shock:

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Polot wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

That is because there is no constructive discussion to make. Nobody cares if the green or black ranger is female.

Certain people have a strange obsession with the sexual orientation, and team ranking, of pink rangers however. How come you felt the need to clarify the sexual orientation of the pink ranger but not the sexual orientation of your theoretical female black or green rangers?

On my Fairy Magic and Global Force teams, they would all be straight, although Cindy the Yellow Fairy Ranger (representing Lightning) would be a tomboy. However, on the Music Force team Andrew Bennington the Black Ranger representing heavy metal would be gay.

PacificBeach88

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:23 pm

Here's a gay Black Ranger!