Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

777Jet

Re: Trump At His Most Disgusting

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:30 am

jetwet1 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
Given that posts are being removed, and I have to go to work now for 12 hours so that I can pay my tax and support those on welfare who choose not to work,

And that ladies and gentlemen should be all you really need to read.

I see that you just failed How to Troll 101, no?
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:36 am

OA412 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
I'm not defending him, I'm questioning the tactics against him. These comments were made 10 years ago. More so in private. Hilary calling tens of millions of Americans deplorable was done just weeks ago, in public, during the election campaign. This is just looking for dirt on Trump to make people forget about the contempt Hillary showed towards tens of millions of Americans very, very recently - whilst she knew she was running for president!

Bigots, racists, white supremacists, sexists, and the like are deplorable. If they're offended because Hillary called them out on it, they should stop being those things. What I'm interested in is whether you were similarly upset by Mitt Romney's 47% comment. Your post about working to support those on welfare suggests you likely agreed with it.

There are more bigots, racists, sexists, supremacists of all colours, and the like, that support Hillary.

As for the 47% comment, whilst I don't know what the actual number is, in principle it is true. Nonetheless, just like the deploarbles comment, it was a stupid thing to say. I still think the deplorables comments was far worse and much more disrespectful, as she said it knowing it would be public.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

HGL

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:55 am

Trump's comments, both past and present, seem to be creating some consternation among Republicans. Several have publicly withdrawn their support stating that they can no longer endorse him, saying that while they could not vote for Clinton they will not be voting for Trump.

Some have gone further, calling for Trump to step down and allow pence to lead. A random selection of quotes:

Dennis Daugaard, South Dakota governor: “Enough is enough. Donald Trump should withdraw in favor of Governor Mike Pence. This election is too important.”

Cory Gardner, Colorado senator: “If Donald Trump wishes to defeat Hillary Clinton, he should do the only thing that will allow us to do so – step aside.”

Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia senator: “Women have worked hard to gain the dignity and respect we deserve. The appropriate next step may be for him to re-examine his candidacy.”

Dan Sullivan, Alaska senator: “I’m calling on Trump to step aside for Gov. Pence. Trump can’t lead on critical issue of ending domestic violence & sexual assault.”

Deb Fischer, Nebraska representative: “It would be wise for him to step aside and allow Mike Pence to serve as our party’s nominee.”

But how easy would it be to replace Trump? Trump has firmly stated he intends going no where. The rules of the RNC don't appear to allow for him to be set aside, although they do provide for filling a vacancy. Even if Trump were to go, look the practicalities: by now many states will have printed their ballot papers and in some states voters may have already cast their votes early.
Qui omnes despicit, omnibus displicit.

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:01 am

Ken777 wrote:
Trump is now a dead horse. All those GAOP wives might tell their husbands they voted like they were told, but I can't see them voting for someone as totally offensive as Trump.

Sunday will be a historic debate with Trump only able to hang on to Bill Clinton's 20 year old past. Not a wise idea as the hits Bill took back then resulted in his being re-elected.

How many places are going to set up a pool for the date Trump quits?

That thinking is known as political premature ejaculation.

There is still one month to go (sadly).

Only those who have wet dreams about Hillary are foolish enough to not realize that she could be derailed overnight.

Hillary will bring this up at the next debate. Trump will admit that what he said was stupid, that he regrets it, that he apologized - and he will apologize again. Hillary will press the point, at which Trump will say something to the effect of "okay Hillary, since you want to talk about inappropriate comments I made over a decade ago, let's talk about the inappropriate comments you made publicly just weeks ago in which, whilst you were running for President, you called tens of millions of Americans, including many in this room, deplorable". Hillary will smirk and smile and pause before answering. Trump will be applauded. This distraction would not surprise many and will probably affect Trump like all of the other distractions have so far out. I haven't heard anybody mention those all important tax returns for a few days now LOL.

Hillis
Topic Author

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:04 am

It just struck me of something Trump has been gearing up to use in the debate tomorrow night. Since the last debate, his team have been readying the "Bill" card, to show that Hillary Clinton is at fault for Bill's dalliances in the past.

In other words, Donald Trump is saying, in essence, Hillary Clinton isn't fit to be president because, according to Mr. Trump, she's married to someone who is EXACTLY like he is.

Irony, anyone?

seb146

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:23 am

777Jet wrote:
OA412 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
I'm not defending him, I'm questioning the tactics against him. These comments were made 10 years ago. More so in private. Hilary calling tens of millions of Americans deplorable was done just weeks ago, in public, during the election campaign. This is just looking for dirt on Trump to make people forget about the contempt Hillary showed towards tens of millions of Americans very, very recently - whilst she knew she was running for president!

Bigots, racists, white supremacists, sexists, and the like are deplorable. If they're offended because Hillary called them out on it, they should stop being those things. What I'm interested in is whether you were similarly upset by Mitt Romney's 47% comment. Your post about working to support those on welfare suggests you likely agreed with it.

There are more bigots, racists, sexists, supremacists of all colours, and the like, that support Hillary.

As for the 47% comment, whilst I don't know what the actual number is, in principle it is true. Nonetheless, just like the deploarbles comment, it was a stupid thing to say. I still think the deplorables comments was far worse and much more disrespectful, as she said it knowing it would be public.

Are you sure there are MORE bigots, racists, sexists, and supremacists of all colors that support Hillary? Are you really sure? Demanding equality does not make someone racist or bigoted or sexist.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

ltbewr

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:26 am

One has to wonder if the Clinton's had friends in the media, in Hollywood, moles in the Trump campaign that were told to release these latest revelations about Trump's sexist and abusive behaviors to and about women if stuff about her speeches to Goldman Sachs got leaked out as they have been on Friday via Wikileaks.

casinterest

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:33 am

I bet Ted Cruz wishes he had waited 2 weeks before cowering down to Trump.
Where ever you go, there you are.

salttee

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 am

ltbewr wrote:
One has to wonder if the Clinton's had friends in the media, in Hollywood, moles in the Trump campaign that were told to release these latest revelations about Trump's sexist and abusive behaviors to and about women if stuff about her speeches to Goldman Sachs got leaked out as they have been on Friday via Wikileaks.

My bet is that they are holding something even better until just a few days before the election.

casinterest wrote:
I bet Ted Cruz wishes he had waited 2 weeks before cowering down to Trump.

Same with Paul Ryan.
Last edited by salttee on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hillis
Topic Author

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 am

ltbewr wrote:

I'm sure she does, just as Trump has a friend in Julian Assange.

salttee

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:45 am

777Jet wrote:
Hillary will bring this up at the next debate. Trump will admit that what he said was stupid, that he regrets it, that he apologized - and he will apologize again. Hillary will press the point, at which Trump will say something to the effect of "okay Hillary, since you want to talk about inappropriate comments I made over a decade ago, let's talk about the inappropriate comments you made publicly just weeks ago in which, whilst you were running for President, you called tens of millions of Americans, including many in this room, deplorable". Hillary will smirk and smile and pause before answering. Trump will be applauded.

You sure do have an active fantasy life.

einsteinboricua

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:48 am

HGL wrote:
TBut how easy would it be to replace Trump? Trump has firmly stated he intends going no where. The rules of the RNC don't appear to allow for him to be set aside, although they do provide for filling a vacancy. Even if Trump were to go, look the practicalities: by now many states will have printed their ballot papers and in some states voters may have already cast their votes early.

It won't be easy and that may cost the GOP a few states. Two reasons for it:

1. Depending on the law of the state, if a state already printed ballots and people already cast a vote, then there's nothing else that can be done. The nominee is Trump, not Pence. Republicans would have to write in Pence (if the ballot allows them to do so); otherwise, they must vote for Trump or abstain from voting. But that also brings another issue: if some states allow write in and Pence emerges as the winner in those states, Hillary essentially could win while Trump and Pence divide the electoral votes. You can have Trump win Oklahoma while Pence wins Kansas. And in the confusion, Clinton can end up winning a red state or two because Republican voters are not aware that they can write in Pence.

2. Just who exactly should be at the top of the ballot if Trump steps aside? The VP pick or the 2nd place finisher of the primaries?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:49 am

Hillis wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Perhaps somebody has made a promise not to eventually extradite Assange to the US if they become POTUS?

seb146 wrote:
Are you sure there are MORE bigots, racists, sexists, and supremacists of all colors that support Hillary? Are you really sure?

Yes, for sure. I would have also added hypocrites but they are similar enough to bigots.

salttee wrote:
My bet is that they are holding something even better until just a few days before the election.

That is when I expect the real dirt on both to be released.

Both are holding back.

This is going to get exciting, or more embarrassing for Americans, depending on how you look at it :D

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:51 am

salttee wrote:
777Jet wrote:
Hillary will bring this up at the next debate. Trump will admit that what he said was stupid, that he regrets it, that he apologized - and he will apologize again. Hillary will press the point, at which Trump will say something to the effect of "okay Hillary, since you want to talk about inappropriate comments I made over a decade ago, let's talk about the inappropriate comments you made publicly just weeks ago in which, whilst you were running for President, you called tens of millions of Americans, including many in this room, deplorable". Hillary will smirk and smile and pause before answering. Trump will be applauded.

You sure do have an active fantasy life.

Hey, at least I'm not on my third username in three years ;)

Talk about a fantasy life, or, a life of shame?

salttee

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:55 am

777Jet wrote:
Hey, at least I'm not on my third username in three years

You got that wrong, you seem to get a lot of things wrong.
But I'll let you go back to fantasy land again.

einsteinboricua

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:55 am

777Jet wrote:

Let's play:

So, after the applause subsides, Clinton will define deplorable word by word from the dictionary. She will then express regret at lumping half the voters into the basket before explaining the reasoning for the behavior, and ask him to defend his behavior as anything BUT deplorable.

I mean...if you think calling women ugly and fat shaming them is not deplorable, then enlighten us on what IS deplorable in your eyes. They say silence is tacit approval so if his supporters are not willing to call him out on his comments and outrageous remarks, by extension, they approve.

777Jet wrote:
This distraction would not surprise many and will probably affect Trump like all of the other distractions have so far out. I haven't heard anybody mention those all important tax returns for a few days now LOL.

So what makes you so sure that your fantasy scenario will follow everyone all the way to Election Day? It only takes a new Trump headline to forget about Clinton and focus on Trump. Given the odds, I'll take my bet on this not lasting more than a week.

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:59 am

salttee wrote:
777Jet wrote:
Hey, at least I'm not on my third username in three years

You got that wrong, you seem to get a lot of things wrong.
But I'll let you go back to fantasy land again.

As do you. You are too easy to work out.

Are you posting from the Ukraine or Russia today? Oxymorphing from one to the other?

You just worry about MH17.

HGL

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:03 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Just who exactly should be at the top of the ballot if Trump steps aside? The VP pick or the 2nd place finisher of the primaries?

Good point. Those Republican politicians who have suggested that Trump step aside seem to be in favour of Pence who would fill any vacancy should Trump (in the event that he wins) decides it's all too much like work and declares himself disqualified by incapacity.

salttee

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:04 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
It only takes a new Trump headline to forget about Clinton and focus on Trump. Given the odds, I'll take my bet on this not lasting more than a week.

It looks like Hillary can get some rest this week, Trump is so busy shooting himself in the foot, she won't need to do any campaigning.

To me his continuing call for the death sentence for those five innocent kids in the Central Park case is a more damming story than this one. And as 777Jet points out we don't even have time for the failure to provide income tax records story for now, it'll just have to be put on hold for the rest of the week (along with his Putin love story as relations with Russia get even worse.)

salttee

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:05 am

this duplicate popped up as I tried to edit the post above
Last edited by salttee on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:07 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
777Jet wrote:

Let's play:

So, after the applause subsides, Clinton will define deplorable word by word from the dictionary. She will then express regret at lumping half the voters into the basket before explaining the reasoning for the behavior, and ask him to defend his behavior as anything BUT deplorable.

I mean...if you think calling women ugly and fat shaming them is not deplorable, then enlighten us on what IS deplorable in your eyes. They say silence is tacit approval so if his supporters are not willing to call him out on his comments and outrageous remarks, by extension, they approve.

He did not call all women that, he picked on a particular few, who are indeed exactly as he described. And that was only half of the truth. He could have been much more truthful. But I wonder why he did that?

einsteinboricua wrote:
777Jet wrote:
This distraction would not surprise many and will probably affect Trump like all of the other distractions have so far out. I haven't heard anybody mention those all important tax returns for a few days now LOL.

So what makes you so sure that your fantasy scenario will follow everyone all the way to Election Day? It only takes a new Trump headline to forget about Clinton and focus on Trump. Given the odds, I'll take my bet on this not lasting more than a week.

Past trends, which clearly the left does not learn from with their fantasy belief that this election is over.

It also "only takes a new" Hillary "headline to forget about" Trump "and focus on" Clinton. You know that.

salttee

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:11 am

777Jet wrote:
It also "only takes a new" Hillary "headline to forget about" Trump "and focus on" Clinton. You know that.

What, like a new investigation of Benghazi or another look at Whitewater?

Hillis
Topic Author

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:15 am

777Jet wrote:

seb146 wrote:
Are you sure there are MORE bigots, racists, sexists, and supremacists of all colors that support Hillary? Are you really sure?

Yes, for sure. I would have also added hypocrites but they are similar enough to bigots.

I was hoping you'd take the bait Seb put up for you. Here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-na ... d=37524610

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... vania.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/po ... .html?_r=0

You see, Trump's rhetoric about Muslims, Mexicans, African-Americans and foreigners in general are all meant to do one thing, and that's unleash white anger towards those groups. It's all steeped in the changes in demographics that are taking place. The white population is declining, and it will never dominate this nation like it did in the past. Why do you think so many Trump-types hate Obama? His politics? Hell no, it's his skin color that is a reminder that they aren't the future of America.

Trump has signaled to people like skinheads, Neo-Nazi's, the KKK and other hate groups, that they have legitimate gripes with the changes that are taking place, even though it's simply old-fashioned white priviliged racisim that is being let loose.

Do you hear about Hillary supporters attacking a homeless man in Boston, and saying Trump was right about people like the guy they assaulted?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/ ... story.html

Is it Hillary's supporters who attacked a Muslim and an Hispanic yelling "Trump! Trump! Trump!" the whole time?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... m-student/

Is it Hillary Clinton calling for Muslim neighborhood and Mosques to be monitored by the government? Is it Hillary calling Mexicans "rapists" and "drug dealers"?

I've given you some concrete examples of why you're wrong. You, like Mr. Trump, simply say what pleases you and haven't shown anything to corroberate what you have accused Clinton supporters of.

Let's see your proof.

seb146

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:15 am

777Jet wrote:
Hillis wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Perhaps somebody has made a promise not to eventually extradite Assange to the US if they become POTUS?

Well, Trump is extremely cozy with Putin...

777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Just because you say it does not mean it is true. Let's see some numbers.

We have the KKK and neo-Nazis supporting Trump, as well as those who believe the South should have won.

777Jet wrote:
salttee wrote:

That is when I expect the real dirt on both to be released.

Both are holding back.

This is going to get exciting, or more embarrassing for Americans, depending on how you look at it :D

Both Hillary and Bill have been under investigation for decades. They have nothing to hide because it is all out there. And, still, there is nothing worthy of jail time. If that doesn't tell you something...

HGL

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:20 am

777Jet wrote:
which clearly the left does not learn

And yet it isn't just "the left" that is critical. Let us look at some of the remarks made by those on Trump's own side of politics.

Ted Cruz described Trump as “a serial philanderer”, an “amoral pathological liar”, and a “braggadocious, arrogant buffoon”.

John Kasich, Ohio governor: “Nothing that has happened in the last 48 hours is surprising to me or many others … It’s clear that he hasn’t changed and has no interest in doing so. As a result, Donald Trump is a man I cannot and should not support. The actions of the last day are disgusting.”

Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts and 2012 presidential nominee: “Hitting on married women? Condoning assault? Such vile degradations demean our wives and daughters and corrupt America’s face to the world.”

Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida : “As the grandfather of two precious girls, I find that no apology can excuse away Donald Trump’s reprehensible comments degrading women.”

OK, the above are all failed presidential candidates who might be expected to bear a grudge but one man who doesn't have an axe to grind is Arnold Schwarzenegger who has said: “For the first time since I became a citizen in 1983, I will not vote for the Republican candidate for president. Like many Americans, I’ve been conflicted by this election – I still haven’t made up my mind about how exactly I will vote next month … But as proud as I am to label myself a Republican, there is one label that I hold above all else – American. So I want to take a moment today to remind my fellow Republicans that it is not only acceptable to choose your country over your party – it is your duty.”

Now whether Trump's opinion of someone being fat or ugly is right, it is not correct for a person seeking the highest office in the land to use such language. Call it political correctness if you like but to me it seems a sure way of turning away a large sway of potential voters.

Still, he might yet win for all that. People might be willing to overlook his unsuitability simply because they don't want more of the same. Either way, I'll be glad when the election and inauguration is over. US elections seem to go on for ever .

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:37 am

777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

seb146 wrote:
Just because you say it does not mean it is true. Let's see some numbers.

We have the KKK and neo-Nazis supporting Trump, as well as those who believe the South should have won.

Like the African Americans who turned up at the Trump rally wearing the KKK costume...
Last edited by 777Jet on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:39 am

HGL wrote:
OK, the above are all failed presidential candidates who might be expected to bear a grudge

Enough said. That's what jealousy does.

HGL

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:46 am

777Jet wrote:
HGL wrote:
OK, the above are all failed presidential candidates who might be expected to bear a grudge

Sure, but it doesn't explain Schwarzenegger's view, nor that of those who previously endorsed Trump and have rescinded that endorsement. They are obviously taking a pragmatic approach as they wish to salvage something from the campaign over the coming weeks.

seb146

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:00 am

It is usually the right who screams about character when saying who to vote for. People are still falling all over themselves to ride Trump's coat tales to the White House. But, his character. His moral fiber. People keep saying that is why they hate Hillary, because she has no moral fiber and that she is morally bankrupt. But, Trump comes along and shows what moral bankruptcy looks like. This race would have been a nail bighter if Republicans had nominated a politician. For all his political flaws, Jeb would have been a good choice.

DocLightning

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:09 am

Well, the GOP has officially suspended all financial support of the Trump Campaign.

Interestingly, during this campaign BOTH Skittles and Tic-Tac have had to denounce a Presidential Candidate. I can't think of a precedent in history who has been publicly repudiated by even one candy maker/brand. Can anyone think of an example?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

phluser

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:17 am

salttee wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
salttee wrote:
Is he? Don't the people whom wouldn't vote for him anyway, are the most upset. If so, this would mean that it doesn't matter.

This is just one of the straws on the camel's back. The people of whom very few will vote for him:

Asians
Blacks
Latins
Muslims
Jews
Women
People with an education.

You'll be surprised but I know that Asians, including many those that are well educated, can be racist against Blacks, Musiims and Hispanics, and might have agreed with Trump and would have voted for Trump. Many upper income Asians wouldn't move to a Hispanic or Black neighborhood. And then, many high income Asians just like other high income people vote Republican, simply and largely because they feel that their income taxes will be lower with a Republican as President, and Wall Street (their stock holdings) will perform better with a Republican. And many Asians really aren't receptive to progression in social causes like gay marriage or pro-choice. For all purposes, they can be quite conservative, while not even necessarily Christian.

I'm also not sure women will vote for Hillary. Perhaps it's women are less likely to trust trust other women and Hillary, esp., hasn't won their trust.

salttee

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:23 am

@ phluser
Trump polls miserably among Asian Americans
Only 19 percent of Asian Americans hold a favorable view of the presumptive Republican nominee, according to a survey of more than 1,000 registered Asian Americans conducted by three Asian-American NGOs, while 61 percent view him unfavorably.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/d ... can-223502

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:25 am

HGL wrote:
777Jet wrote:
HGL wrote:

Sure, but it doesn't explain Schwarzenegger's view, nor that of those who previously endorsed Trump and have rescinded that endorsement. They are obviously taking a pragmatic approach as they wish to salvage something from the campaign over the coming weeks.

Governator and non-politicians aside, the seasoned politicians, who Trump defeated, are obviously thinking 4 years into the future which will be when they get their next shot. Their campaign already began the moment when Trump was announced as Republican nominee.

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:36 am

seb146 wrote:
People keep saying that is why they hate Hillary, because she has no moral fiber and that she is morally bankrupt.

It's also because she shows contempt towards the law and authorities and thinks she can get away with it with an apology when pressed. She even lied to Congress. Deleting the subpoenaed / preserved info, including the e-mails, even after admitting it was still there as in it had been preserved, shows nothing but contempt towards the law, the authorities, the system and the American people. If people dislike Trump because he thinks he can get away with whatever he wants, Hillary is no different and actually does get away with whatever she wants. She has even admitted that their is the Hillary standard and a standard for everybody else - how ironic when Hillary thinks she can get away with whatever she likes - that is her standard - she is above the law that applies to almost everybody else. No need to repeat all of this though, it's not like it hasn't been discussed before. The usual Hillary surrogates will come to her defense.

777Jet

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:44 am

phluser wrote:
salttee wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

This is just one of the straws on the camel's back. The people of whom very few will vote for him:

Asians
Blacks
Latins
Muslims
Jews
Women
People with an education.

You'll be surprised but I know that Asians, including many those that are well educated, can be racist against Blacks, Musiims and Hispanics, and might have agreed with Trump and would have voted for Trump. Many upper income Asians wouldn't move to a Hispanic or Black neighborhood. A

Asians are among the most racist people I have met. Many Asians love white skin, and believe that the darker your skin is, the poorer you are. If you are dark, you must work outside under the sun in a poor labor job. If you have light skin, you must work indoors and have a good job. That attitude is what annoyed me when living in SE Asia for a while. The white Asians are always the teachers pets. Those with darker skin are neglected. Many Asians love to pile on their skin whitening cream to make themselves look white. That is why Asians often use an umbrella outdoors and sometimes always wear long sleeves - to prevent their skin from becoming darker. Most celebs in Asia have very light skin. That's just the way they think. Having said that, Asian females are the most feminine, attractive, sexy women on this planet IMHO.

HGL

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:47 am

777Jet wrote:
HGL wrote:

the seasoned politicians, who Trump defeated, are obviously thinking 4 years into the future which will be when they get their next shot.

Republican Representatives and Senators may also be considering the impact of continuing to support Trump on their own chances of re-election to Congress. While incumbents can be seen to have some advantages, not all would be defending unassailable majorities.

seb146

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:50 am

777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:
People keep saying that is why they hate Hillary, because she has no moral fiber and that she is morally bankrupt.

It's also because she shows contempt towards the law and authorities and thinks she can get away with it with an apology when pressed. She even lied to Congress. Deleting the subpoenaed / preserved info, including the e-mails, even after admitting it was still there as in it had been preserved, shows nothing but contempt towards the law, the authorities, the system and the American people. If people dislike Trump because he thinks he can get away with whatever he wants, Hillary is no different and actually does get away with whatever she wants. She has even admitted that their is the Hillary standard and a standard for everybody else - how ironic when Hillary thinks she can get away with whatever she likes - that is her standard - she is above the law that applies to almost everybody else. No need to repeat all of this though, it's not like it hasn't been discussed before. The usual Hillary surrogates will come to her defense.

If she lied, why is she not in jail? She testified under oath. Unlike George W Bush.

seb146

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:53 am

I just saw a Twitter post on Facebook from Angus Johnston:

I'd like to hear just one Republican say he's disavowing Trump to set an example for his son.

Yes. This. For any man.

pvjin

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:06 am

So what you are saying is that it is a good thing the Russian people voted in a master for them so they can be good little sheep ?

If you want to see corruption, take a look at Russia, the way the USSR's industries were split among the Putin cronies who became instant billionaires should tell you something.

Every American who votes for Clinton is being a good little sheep too.

Oh, and your theory has one big hole in it. When the Soviet Union collapsed Putin wasn't in power, instead it was Yeltsin who became the first president of the Russian Federation. It was under his rule when those industries were unfairly split.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

Dutchy

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:39 am

pvjin wrote:
So what you are saying is that it is a good thing the Russian people voted in a master for them so they can be good little sheep ?

If you want to see corruption, take a look at Russia, the way the USSR's industries were split among the Putin cronies who became instant billionaires should tell you something.

Every American who votes for Clinton is being a good little sheep too.

Oh, and your theory has one big hole in it. When the Soviet Union collapsed Putin wasn't in power, instead it was Yeltsin who became the first president of the Russian Federation. It was under his rule when those industries were unfairly split.

Yeltsin sought a successor which could protect him, his family and the oligarchs, that became Putin. Putin was helped into power by these oligarchs, so the Yeltsin and Putin cronies are interchangeable.
Putin is corrupt and has been ever he stole the money when he was in charge of the food program for the poorest of the poor in St. Petersburg. But be my guest to continue to support him, but do it on all his "achievements" not on the media image he created for himself.

But this treat is about Trump, not Putin.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

seahawk

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:04 am

But is trump not much more the strong leader than Hillary? The democrats are much more open to grass root movements in the first place. Just look at the candidates, Sanders vs. Cruz? The Sanders supporters being better sheep?

flyingturtle

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Well, this escalated quickly...

But honestly, the truth about Trump has always been there. Somebody like this can't treat women with respect. He'll probably only talk to female foreign leaders when they are physically attractive.

If Trump gets elected against all odds: He has to bribe the congresspeople into submission. And then he'll use his presidential pardons liberally to save them from prosecution. If he's corrupt enough, he could survive in office...

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

einsteinboricua

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:57 pm

seahawk wrote:
The Sanders supporters being better sheep?

Were they Sanders supporters to begin with, though? That is the question.

Seeing so many people say that Sanders sold them out after he threw his support to Clinton indicates that they were not really FOR Sanders as much as for his proposals and AGAINST Clinton (who was pulled to the left and forced to accept some of Sanders's proposals).

PacificBeach88

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Watching Rudy Giuliani prostrating himself defending the Donald is hilarious. Rudy Giuliani is destroying his own legacy as America's Mayor, into creepy old perv with horrific teeth.

Dutchy

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:01 pm

777Jet wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
777jet.

So is America under Hillary, which is a shame. America was once the greatest nation on Earth.

Let us not be dramatic, nor unrealistic. Hillary will do fine as all Presidents have done. Hillary is not to blame for Trump, just the people who voted for this Buffoon should take the blame. Not even congress can be blamed and that is saying something.

America's position has been slowly weakening under Obama. I believe the trend will continue under Hillary. I'd rather see American take care of her own and do what's in her own best interest. I believe Trump is better suited to achieve that.

China's positioning is getting more strong, that has nothing to do with Obama. As I understand it, Trump wants to turn his back on the rest of the world, well then the influence of America will weakening even more and more rapidly.

What do you mean by: "American take care of her own and do what's in her own best interest."

flyingturtle

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Can it get any worse? Will actual evidence of sexual assaults be uncovered?

Anyway, it does not matter. In four years, when the non-crazy Republicans have been further marginalized and NAMBLA will be competing for office, we'll laugh about what happened in 2016...

David

Dutchy

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:13 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
Can it get any worse? Will actual evidence of sexual assaults be uncovered?

Anyway, it does not matter. In four years, when NAMBLA will be competing for office, we'll laugh about what happened in 2016...

David

Worse? What I don't get is that Trump has just about insulted everyone and only now - because of a 15 y/o piece - everyone is getting upset?

flyingturtle

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Worse? What I don't get is that Trump has just about insulted everyone and only now - because of a 15 y/o piece - everyone is getting upset?

It has gotten worse because people can now vividly imagine how Trump treats women. Before, it was just slander: "Cruz, your wife looks like an old hag!" or something like that. In the same manner, a picture is more vivid than a text describing the same stuff. It's more memorable, it is more accessible.

David

incitatus

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Amazing how some Trump supporters in the forum are still in denial. This is not Hillary vs. Trump, much less a comparison between Bill Clinton and Trump. This is the very endophagy of the GOP. Trump does not have wide appeal inside the Party and factions have turned against each other. Every candidate (and their supporters) should know that vying for high office leads to scrutiny of the past. Seemingly irrelevant items get pushed into the national spotlight. In this case, it is not irrelevant - it is borderline admission of unwanted sexual advances. Anyone thinking this is the last or biggest piece of dirt to be uncovered about Trump before the election think again. He made too many enemies - more indeed than the Clintons.

Trump pitched conservatives against each other, and evangelicals against each other. His presence in national politics has been destructive to conservatism. Hopefully when this is all over, a more progressive group of conservatives will take over and make the GOP a party that stands for core American values of equality, free enterprise and small government and is welcoming to every American.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

Hillis
Topic Author

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:38 pm

seahawk wrote:
But is trump not much more the strong leader than Hillary? The democrats are much more open to grass root movements in the first place. Just look at the candidates, Sanders vs. Cruz? The Sanders supporters being better sheep?

You are confusing Trump's traits of being a bully with being "strong". Bullies by their very nature aren't strong. They're mentally and emotionally weak people, who bully to try and cover up for their own deep insecurities about themselves.

A strong leader doesn't lash out at others. A strong leader doesn't make snap decisions based on wild emotions of the moment. A strong leader doesn't get into arguments over petty altercations with journalists or beauty pageant contestants. A strong leader is one that takes a measured, thoughtful approach to a situation, based on facts, and not based on emotion. They take into account as many variables as possible, and they act in a rational manner.

Despite the conservatives' assertion to the contrary, we've had such a leader over the last 8 years. But that's because conservatives believe that a "strong" leader IS someone who bullies others and offers threats every time they don't get their way. That's why they've backed Donald Trump up til now.

Donald Trump is the kind of "leader" who will be played like a fiddle by even second-rate politicians around the world, and his ignrance will get Americans killed.