Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DocLightning
Topic Author

Terrorist Plot Thwarted in Kansas

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:35 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016 ... /92094694/

The trio - Curtis Allen and Gavin Wright, both 49 and from Liberal, Kansas, and Patrick Eugene Stein, 47, of Wright, Kansas - were part of an anti-Muslim group called the Crusaders that plotted from at least February 2016 through Oct. 12 to blow up the apartment complex by parking explosives-laden vehicles at all four corners....

It's been said that a single terrorist attack on U.S. soil could change the outcome of the election, but what if it had been this?

Is this a result of the alt-right's rise in power? I suspect it is.

seb146

Re: Terrorist Plot Thwarted in Kansas

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:03 am

We need to call this what it is: Christian terrorism.

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:50 am

seb146 wrote:

From what I read nowhere does the group leader, Mr. Stein, who was very vocal about what they were trying to do, say they are doing this in the name of Jesus.

777Jet

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:05 am

seb146 wrote:

That is fine with me if that is what it turns out to be. Just like how acts of terror / terrorism committed by radical Islamic extremists should be publicly called Islamic terrorism.

einsteinboricua

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:44 am

We need extreme vetting of Americans so that its residents do not commit terrorist acts. Build a wall around churches. When Christians land in our communities, they're not bringing they're best. They're bringing hatred, they're bringing divorces, they're bigots...and some, I assume, are good people.

Still haven't heard any GOP figures saying how "deplorable" the plot was...or is that only something you do when white people are targeted?

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:10 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
We need extreme vetting of Americans so that its residents do not commit terrorist acts. Build a wall around churches. When Christians land in our communities, they're not bringing they're best. They're bringing hatred, they're bringing divorces, they're bigots...and some, I assume, are good people.

I personally would rather someone come here, say they believe marriage is defined as between a man and woman (like Obama and Hillary did just a few years ago , which, of course, means they were bigots full of hatred for gays), then get divorced (which naturally makes them hypocrites), than have someone come here and fly a 767 through a building and murdering thousands of people.

Aesma

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:43 pm

afcjets wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

I personally would rather someone come here, say they believe marriage is defined as between a man and woman (like Obama and Hillary did just a few years ago , which, of course, means they were bigots full of hatred for gays), then get divorced (which naturally makes them hypocrites), than have someone come here and fly a 767 through a building and murdering thousands of people.

I think you're on the wrong thread. We're not talking about people being hypocrites or douchebags, but about people amassing arms and explosives to blow up a building full of people !

seb146

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:06 pm

777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

That is fine with me if that is what it turns out to be. Just like how acts of terror / terrorism committed by radical Islamic extremists should be publicly called Islamic terrorism.

I see. So, we need to take a "wait and see" approach when Christians plan to bomb mosques and beat up Sikhs but the second a bomb goes off in the United States or there is a mass shooting, it is Islamic terrorism.

Sorry, but that does not sit with me. What's good for the goose...

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Aesma wrote:
afcjets wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

I think you're on the wrong thread. We're not talking about people being hypocrites or douchebags, but about people amassing arms and explosives to blow up a building full of people !

I responded precisely to what someone else posted and even gave an example of almost exactly what you state, the only difference is the terrorists on 9/11 used a 767 as an explosive to burn down a building full of people.

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:28 pm

seb146 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I see. So, we need to take a "wait and see" approach when Christians plan to bomb mosques and beat up Sikhs but the second a bomb goes off in the United States or there is a mass shooting, it is Islamic terrorism.

Sorry, but that does not sit with me. What's good for the goose...

Where does it state Mr. STEIN is a Christian??? Even if he is, where does he cite Jesus or the Bible in his planned attack?

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:34 pm

afcjets wrote:
Where does it state Mr. STEIN is a Christian??? Even if he is, where does he cite Jesus or the Bible in his planned attack?

Why did you capitalize his whole name like that? If you just wanted to infer or call him a Jew, why didn't you? Odd.

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:43 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

From what I read nowhere does the group leader, Mr. Stein, who was very vocal about what they were trying to do, say they are doing this in the name of Jesus.

They call themselves "The Crusaders."

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 pm

DocLightning wrote:

Give them a few minutes. They need to switch out of their Zionist global banker enemies, to radical Catholic terrorists. Maybe they'll give you some Northern Ireland comparisons too.

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:48 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Why did you capitalize his whole name like that? If you just wanted to infer or call him a Jew, why didn't you? Odd.

Because it is the SECOND time I posted almost the exact same thread and someone still implies Christian terrorism. I thought it was pretty obvious he had a common Jewish name, but apparently not to them, or they didn't read it or see the irony, so I capitalized Stein the second time. You can't always go by name obviously, i.e. President Barrack Hussein Obama professes Christianity, which is why I said even if Mr. Stein IS a Christian, he doesn't cite his religion when he talks about his planned attack, unlike in Islamic terrorist atttacks, which is precisely what defines them as Islamic terrorism, versus just some Muslim committing a violent crime. Got it?

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:53 pm

afcjets wrote:
Because it is the SECOND time I posted almost the exact same thread and someone still implies Christian terrorism. I thought it was pretty obvious he had a common Jewish name, but apparently not to them, or they didn't read it or see the irony, so I capitalized Stein the second time. You can't always go by name obviously, i.e. President Barrack Hussein Obama professes Christianity, which is why I said even if Mr. Stein IS a Christian, he doesn't cite his religion when he talks about his planned attack, unlike in Islamic terrorist atttacks, which is precisely what defines them as Islamic terrorism, versus just some Muslim committing a violent crime. Got it?

So it's Jewish or Zionist terrorism then, to you?

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:55 pm

This just in.....

Authorities said Friday that Curtis Allen and Gavin Wright, both 49 and from Liberal, Kan., and Patrick Eugene Stein, 47, of Wright, Kan., were members of a small, anti-Muslim group called the Crusaders that espoused sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs.

They had allegedly been plotting since February to blow up the apartment complex and mosque in Garden City, a meatpacking town in western Kansas. Prosecutors said the thwarted attack was planned for the day after the November elections.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016 ... /92139212/

AKA.....Trump supporters.

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:08 pm

DocLightning wrote:
afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I saw that the first time and while I was aware of Christian crusades, I wasn't sure if it was specific to Christianity, so I did some research online last night before I posted and learned it isn't...

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/ ... usades.htm

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:14 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

So it's Jewish or Zionist terrorism then, to you?

No clue, but the dude is alive so someone can ask him, and then we will know whether it was intended to be Christian, Zionist, Jewish, Atheist, Wiccan, New Age, Crystalism terrorism, or just anti-Muslim terrorism. And if it turns out to be Christian terrorism, all the haters can have their long awaited orgasm, I get it, it's been a minute for sure.
Last edited by afcjets on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:15 pm

afcjets wrote:
I saw that the first time and while I was aware of Christian crusades, I wasn't sure if it was specific to Christianity, so I did some research online last night before I posted and learned it isn't...

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/ ... usades.htm

Try a source that isn't "Answering Islam."

The word "Crusade" is etymologically rooted in the latin word "Crux" for "Cross."

There is no such thing as a Muslim Crusade. That makes as much sense as a Jewish Christmas. Yes, of course the Muslims have their own history of organized violence in the name of their religion. They call it Jihad, not Crusade.

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:28 pm

If it is Christian terrorism, I have no problem calling it that. Too bad people a lot of people on the left have a problem saying Islamic terrorism.

salttee

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:34 pm

afcjets wrote:
I thought it was pretty obvious he had a common Jewish name................

Jewish use of "stein" is usually as a suffex. "Stein" as a name is likely to be German.

"Stein Family History. German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): from German Stein 'rock', Middle High German stein, hence a topographic name either for someone who lived on stony ground or for someone who lived by a notable outcrop of rock or by a stone boundary marker or monument."
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=stein

And as was previously pointed out, they called themselves "Crusaders", and as Jews were victims of the Crusaders, I can't imagine a Jew calling himself a "crusader."

coolian2

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Okay, so it's American terrorism.

Also could be known as "what happened in Iraq in 2003."

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:48 pm

salttee wrote:
Jewish use of "stein" is usually as a suffex. "Stein" as a name is likely to be German.

I know a few Jewish families named "Stein," but generally Jewish names use it as a suffix. "Feinstein," "Goldstein," "Rubenstein." That said, Jews would almost never use "Patrick" as a first name. That name is an old Latin name "Patricius" and was adopted to Christianity in the 5th century AD/CE. Jews tend to give their children Old Testament names like Michael, Gabriel, Jonah, Samuel, etc.

Anyway, having seen his picture and knowing a bit about his demographics, I seriously doubt he's Jewish.

bgm

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:49 pm

How about Trump terrorism. Is that more palatable?

coolian2

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:02 pm

DocLightning wrote:
salttee wrote:

I know a few Jewish families named "Stein," but generally Jewish names use it as a suffix. "Feinstein," "Goldstein," "Rubenstein." That said, Jews would almost never use "Patrick" as a first name. That name is an old Latin name "Patricius" and was adopted to Christianity in the 5th century AD/CE. Jews tend to give their children Old Testament names like Michael, Gabriel, Jonah, Samuel, etc.

Anyway, having seen his picture and knowing a bit about his demographics, I seriously doubt he's Jewish.

I would have assumed Patrick would have had some kind of Irish heritage.

Looking at me, you'd know my name has Gaelic heritage.

Admittedly my ex and I were going to call our first child John or Katherine, and they were going to be very Maori looking, most likely, but we would have thought it was hilarious, because we were pricks. Doubt this is the case though given this guys parents were clearly white conservatives.

Hillis

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:32 pm

afcjets wrote:
If it is Christian terrorism, I have no problem calling it that. Too bad people a lot of people on the left have a problem saying Islamic terrorism.

As if the name makes any freakin' difference. Terrorism is terrorism. You fight it in any form.

salttee

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:17 pm

afcjets wrote:

You do know that there is a reason for that don't you? Why do you "republicans" keep whipping that long dead horse?

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:43 pm

salttee wrote:
afcjets wrote:

You do know that there is a reason for that don't you? Why do you "republicans" keep whipping that long dead horse?

I am not a Republican, but yes, I totally get it, it might have something to do with the fact that liberals are more afraid of retaliation from Muslim terrorist groups over words than Christian terrorist groups, but the conundrum for you on the far left is there is no PC way of saying you don't want to stir up a hornet's nest.
Last edited by afcjets on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afcjets

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:55 pm

Hillis wrote:
afcjets wrote:

As if the name makes any freakin' difference. Terrorism is terrorism. You fight it in any form.

The new system makes it more difficult to quote more than one person, so let me help you out so you can respond to this self-proclaimed Proud and Patriotic liberal a few lines up too:

seb146 wrote:

coolian2

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Oh good. We now have a forum full of "I'm not a Republican, but......"

tommy1808

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:52 pm

afcjets wrote:
with the fact that liberals are more afraid

Do you have some evidence for that fact?

of retaliation from Muslim terrorist groups over words than Christian terrorist groups,

Or maybe they just get that such a broad label is the mirror image of "their" american devil thinking...

And since stating as much as being an Atheist in America makes you unsuitable for public office, can cost you family and friends and so on, the notion of people not being scared to offend Christians in the country is flat out ridiculous.

best regards
Thomas

aerorobnz

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:00 pm

By definition Religion is extreme. Believing in manmade iron age allegories as fact and the absolute word of god, the make-believe over reason, evidence is extreme. Religious Terrorism is just a very natural extension of that extreme starting point - add in the political rhetoric right now back up their already existing belief in nonsense like the return of Jesus at armageddon,martyrdom and the rapture and you get religious terrorism.

johns624

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:47 pm

[quote="ContentCreator"][/quote]

You do know that there have been hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the US for many decades, don't you? The southeast Michigan area had a large influx come, way back in the 1920's and 30's. They came to work in the Ford factories when old Henry started paying $5 a day wages. They are just as American as anyone else and most aren't as bigoted as you appear to be.

777Jet

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:43 am

aerorobnz wrote:
By definition Religion is extreme. Believing in manmade iron age allegories as fact and the absolute word of god, the make-believe over reason, evidence is extreme. Religious Terrorism is just a very natural extension of that extreme starting point - add in the political rhetoric right now back up their already existing belief in nonsense like the return of Jesus at armageddon,martyrdom and the rapture and you get religious terrorism.

F all religions except for Buddhism.

ContentCreator

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:50 am

777Jet wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:

I think Jainism is probably the gold standard for peaceful belief systems.

seb146

Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:51 am

afcjets wrote:
Hillis wrote:
afcjets wrote:

The new system makes it more difficult to quote more than one person, so let me help you out so you can respond to this self-proclaimed Proud and Patriotic liberal a few lines up too:

seb146 wrote:

Self proclaimed "patriots" and self proclaimed "Christians" decided to kill a group of Muslims and terrorize them. And we have to be sensitive and not call it Christian terrorism? Why? If they are using Christianity to justify their killing, why is it not Christian terrorism? If they are doing exactly what ISIS is doing, but using Christianity instead of Islam, why can we not call it Christian terrorism? You people have demanded that when Muslims do the exact same thing, freedom and religion be damned, we must call all Muslims terrorists.

afcjets

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:00 am

tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
with the fact that liberals are more afraid

Do you have some evidence for that fact?

It's called a figure of speech and "because of the fact that", "except for the fact that" and the like is pretty common.

tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
of retaliation from Muslim terrorist groups over words than Christian terrorist groups,

Or maybe they just get that such a broad label is the mirror image of "their" american devil thinking...

Precede it with the word radical like all the Republican figures who use it and it is quite specific (but I am sure you still probably have an issue with it) The terrorists themselves are claiming they are committing their intentionally terrifying attacks in the name of the Islamic god Allah, and we are very specifically communicating what THEY claim, with the term Islamic terrorism, preceded by the word radical to distinguish their belief in violence from the majority of Muslims.

tommy1808 wrote:
And since stating as much as being an Atheist in America makes you unsuitable for public office, can cost you family and friends and so on, the notion of people not being scared to offend Christians in the country is flat out ridiculous.

Not being able to win an election or losing friends based on disbelief in God does not mean one is the victim of a Christian terrorist attack. And just read any online political forum including this one and you will see tons of people who love to bash Christians, but no worries, no one is getting their head chopped of because of it, which is the original point I was trying to make.

afcjets

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:13 am

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Hillis wrote:

seb146 wrote:

Self proclaimed "patriots" and self proclaimed "Christians" decided to kill a group of Muslims and terrorize them.

When I said you were a "self proclaimed" Patriotic and Proud liberal, I was not doubting your patriotism, I just I didn't want anyone who didn't notice your signature (especially since there was a lot of space between our posts) to think I made that up myself.

seb146 wrote:
And we have to be sensitive and not call it Christian terrorism? Why? If they are using Christianity to justify their killing, why is it not Christian terrorism? If they are doing exactly what ISIS is doing, but using Christianity instead of Islam, why can we not call it Christian terrorism? You people have demanded that when Muslims do the exact same thing, freedom and religion be damned, we must call all Muslims terrorists.

I guess you missed this part:

afcjets wrote:
If it is Christian terrorism, I have no problem calling it that.

Hillis

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:59 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Doing it in the name of Trump. What the hell cares WHY they're doing it? It's still a crime they were planning, and it was being done against those Donald Trump has been targeting with his hate speech.

salttee

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:28 am

afcjets wrote:
I am not a Republican, but yes, I totally get it, it might have something to do with the fact that liberals are more afraid of retaliation from Muslim terrorist groups over words than Christian terrorist groups, but the conundrum for you on the far left is there is no PC way of saying you don't want to stir up a hornet's nest.
No, you don't get it. It has nothing to do with liberal fear of retaliation.

The reason Obama won't use that term is that it can and would be used by Muslim extremest propagandists to paint the US as a Muslim hating group of people.
There are two and a half billion Muslims and only a small percentage of them are against us. It would be complete stupidity on our part to hand the extremists a propaganda tool to help them turn some of the vulnerable Muslims among the masses against us. Yet by constantly whipping this dead horse, you right wingers engage in that stupidity,

aerorobnz

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 am

ContentCreator wrote:
777Jet wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:

I think Jainism is probably the gold standard for peaceful belief systems.

Yes, the difference with Jainism which makes it different is that it involves holding a deep respect for life in general and differentiates from other religions because thre more fundamentalist and extreme a Jain gets the less harm they cause other lifeforms.

seb146

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:07 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Self proclaimed "patriots" and self proclaimed "Christians" decided to kill a group of Muslims and terrorize them.

When I said you were a "self proclaimed" Patriotic and Proud liberal, I was not doubting your patriotism, I just I didn't want anyone who didn't notice your signature (especially since there was a lot of space between our posts) to think I made that up myself.

seb146 wrote:
And we have to be sensitive and not call it Christian terrorism? Why? If they are using Christianity to justify their killing, why is it not Christian terrorism? If they are doing exactly what ISIS is doing, but using Christianity instead of Islam, why can we not call it Christian terrorism? You people have demanded that when Muslims do the exact same thing, freedom and religion be damned, we must call all Muslims terrorists.

I guess you missed this part:

afcjets wrote:
If it is Christian terrorism, I have no problem calling it that.

And, yet, you are the most vocal insisting that Christian terrorism does not exist. These "Christians" wanted to start a race war pitting Christians against Muslims. So, this needs and demands to be called Christian terrorism and these men need to be called Christian terrorists.

coolian2

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:41 am

I feel it's remiss of all of us to not have noted where these clowns come from.

vikkyvik

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:48 am

seb146 wrote:
And, yet, you are the most vocal insisting that Christian terrorism does not exist.

Where did he say that? Not in this thread that I can find.

salttee wrote:
The reason Obama won't use that term is that it can and would be used by Muslim extremest propagandists to paint the US as a Muslim hating group of people.
There are two and a half billion Muslims and only a small percentage of them are against us. It would be complete stupidity on our part to hand the extremists a propaganda tool to help them turn some of the vulnerable Muslims among the masses against us.

Let's be real. Killing Muslims is probably a far better propaganda tool than saying any particular word or phrase.

CrimsonNL

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:53 am

777Jet wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:

Keep telling yourself that..

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2 ... oblem.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

Martijn

LAX772LR

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:00 am

DocLightning wrote:
There is no such thing as a Muslim Crusade. That makes as much sense as a Jewish Christmas.

But the latter does exist though: Messianic Jews.

DocLightning
Topic Author

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:18 am

LAX772LR wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
There is no such thing as a Muslim Crusade. That makes as much sense as a Jewish Christmas.

But the latter does exist though: Messianic Jews.

Messianic Jews are not recognized as Jews by any Jewish denomination. Most Messianic Jews were not born to Jewish mothers (which is how Judaism is passed down). Messianic Judaism is an invention of Evangelicals who are trying to convert Jews. I used to express disgust at such a display of arrogance and hubris on the part of the Evangelicals who were trying to use trickery to convert Jews, but then again, nobody who was raised Jewish would ever accept Messianic Judaism; they'd convert to Christianity if they were inclined to accept Jesus as their lord and savior. And really, how is that any worse than the prejudice of Judaism that excludes people by virtue of birth? Religion and its logical sequelae are disgusting.

salttee

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:01 pm

vikkyvik wrote:
Let's be real. Killing Muslims is probably a far better propaganda tool than saying any particular word or phrase.

So you want to kill 2.4 billion people. And you want to be taken seriously?

pvjin

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:12 pm

salttee wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:

So you want to kill 2.4 billion people. And you want to be taken seriously?

He is obviously referring to US air strikes in Afghanistan, Iraq and so on which have killed loads of civilians and in that way helped radical groups to gain sympathies of those whose relatives, neighbours or loved ones were killed by such strikes.

There are two and a half billion Muslims and only a small percentage of them are against us.

Depends from how you define "being against you". Most Muslims do not support terrorism, but most Muslims certainly do not approve modern western views of democracy, freedom of speech and gender equality either. Frankly speaking I can't blame them for that, there's a reason why every successful civilization so far has been based on traditional family values shared by pretty much all major world religions.

Radical Muslims should realize that they only hurt their cause of spreading Islam by killing random people. Islam will take over Europe, and perhaps later also the US, in a peaceful manner simply through higher birth rate and migration. Western atheists will go extinct as they are too busy with their career or mass entertainment to make enough children to counterbalance growth of Islamic minority.

afcjets

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:50 pm

salttee wrote:
afcjets wrote:
No, you don't get it. It has nothing to do with liberal fear of retaliation.

There are two and a half billion Muslims and only a small percentage of them are against us. It would be complete stupidity on our part to hand the extremists a propaganda tool to help them turn some of the vulnerable Muslims among the masses against us. Yet by constantly whipping this dead horse, you right wingers engage in that stupidity,

Muslims vulnerable to terrorism? Why are you insinuating Muslims are more vulnerable to violence than non-Muslims, that is pure bigotry and hate speech. You precisely illustrate the conundrum I mention for you those on the far-left. You basically say the same thing I said in a way more round about way (or nuanced I believe is the word that makes you brilliant leftists orgasm).