Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Pyrex
Topic Author

You know you are corrupt...

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:01 pm

...when even the Chicago politic machinery doesn't want anything to do with your shenanigans!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/wi ... 83631.html

Quick summary for those not interested in reading: Hillary's campaign wanted to move the date of the Illinois primary to a later date because she thought it would hurt Republicans and favor her. They offered Illinois Democrats 10% extra delegates if they pushed it back one month and 20% more delegates for two months. When they refused, the response was “The key point is that this is not an Obama ask, but a Hillary ask. And the Clintons won’t forget what their friends have done for them." (I can almost imagine this being said by Marlon Brando with some cotton balls in his mouth).

To their credit, the Democratic Party in Illinois - Illinois, the state with a 50% incarceration rate for its former governors, one of whom tried to sell a spot as a U.S. senator, and with dynastic rule as mayor of its largest city - told them to bugger off, so either Hillary manages to be more corrupt than them, somehow, or just didn't offer them enough payoff.

Now, everything that happened here was probably legal (although I would be curious to know under whose authority Podesta was offering more delegates - was the DNC in on this bullshit?). But if there is one thing the latest WikiLeaks reveals show, is that laws / politics truly are like sausages, and you are better off not knowing how they are made (and at least with sausages they try to clean the shit out of the pork casing before stuffing the dog meat in).

When people feel the need to say something positive about Hillary (when it can't be all about bashing Trump), more often than not they mention their "experience in politics", as if that is somehow a good thing. Remember, when you say someone is an experienced politician, all you are really saying is that they are adept at this sort of maquiavelian chicanery. And people wonder what the appeal of someone who has never held a political office a day in his life could be...

coolian2

Re: You know you are corrupt...

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:27 pm

There's not a lot great about Hillary. But COME THE HELL ON.

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Pyrex wrote:
...when even the Chicago politic machinery doesn't want anything to do with your shenanigans!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/wi ... 83631.html

Quick summary for those not interested in reading: Hillary's campaign wanted to move the date of the Illinois primary to a later date because she thought it would hurt Republicans and favor her. They offered Illinois Democrats 10% extra delegates if they pushed it back one month and 20% more delegates for two months. When they refused, the response was “The key point is that this is not an Obama ask, but a Hillary ask. And the Clintons won’t forget what their friends have done for them." (I can almost imagine this being said by Marlon Brando with some cotton balls in his mouth).

To their credit, the Democratic Party in Illinois - Illinois, the state with a 50% incarceration rate for its former governors, one of whom tried to sell a spot as a U.S. senator, and with dynastic rule as mayor of its largest city - told them to bugger off, so either Hillary manages to be more corrupt than them, somehow, or just didn't offer them enough payoff.

Now, everything that happened here was probably legal (although I would be curious to know under whose authority Podesta was offering more delegates - was the DNC in on this bullshit?). But if there is one thing the latest WikiLeaks reveals show, is that laws / politics truly are like sausages, and you are better off not knowing how they are made (and at least with sausages they try to clean the shit out of the pork casing before stuffing the dog meat in).

When people feel the need to say something positive about Hillary (when it can't be all about bashing Trump), more often than not they mention their "experience in politics", as if that is somehow a good thing. Remember, when you say someone is an experienced politician, all you are really saying is that they are adept at this sort of maquiavelian chicanery. And people wonder what the appeal of someone who has never held a political office a day in his life could be...

It always amuses me that someone from PORTUGAL whines about corruption in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruptio ... ions_Index

mham001

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:03 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:

It always amuses me that someone from PORTUGAL whines about corruption in America.

I've never seen you complain about them when they support your positions however. They must know best, they read it on the internet. Probably visited Memphis once too.

ContentCreator

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Hillary Clinton is simply the most corrupt person to ever run for president. There's no denying that fact.

mham001

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:05 pm

ContentCreator wrote:
Hillary Clinton is simply the most corrupt person to ever run for president. There's no denying that fact.

Point of order - we probably don't really know that. In our lifetime - no doubt.

rfields5421

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:07 pm

ContentCreator wrote:

I don't think you have studied much about Warren Harding.

The most corrupt administration would be Ronald Reagan based on the number, and percentage, of presidential appointees convicted of crimes either in office, or to gain office.

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:20 pm

ContentCreator wrote:

NO! Try Nixon. He committed TREASON!!! And HW Bush...Iran / Contra!!! Really? Are you that partisan? Sick. I'm sick to my stomach. Puke!

coolian2

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:20 pm

mham001 wrote:
PacificBeach88 wrote:

I've never seen you complain about them when they support your positions however. They must know best, they read it on the internet. Probably visited Memphis once too.

I didn't think you let people who don't live in the US comment on it?

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:24 pm

coolian2 wrote:

OH! Snap! :lol: :lol:

I was waiting for him to provide a poster who was a leftist, now American, from Portugal. There isn't one as far as I know, just the troll that loves Ayn Randian nonsense.

mham001

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:34 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
coolian2 wrote:

I was waiting for him to provide a poster who was a leftist, now American, from Portugal. There isn't one as far as I know, just the troll that loves Ayn Randian nonsense.

You seem to take it all way too partisan, I am not jumping on his bandwagon. And your idea of snappy comeback is very weak. Don't overdo yourself.

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:36 pm

mham001 wrote:
You seem to take it all way too partisan, I am not jumping on his bandwagon. And your idea of snappy comeback is very weak. Don't overdo yourself.

Maybe someday when you can be just as pithy I'll jump your bandwagon as well. :lol:

ContentCreator

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:39 pm

The usual delusional trolls are out in force as usual. Sad.

PacificBeach88

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:43 pm

ContentCreator wrote:

Thank you! You have no comeback for Nixon, HW Bush, or Reagan being more corrupt than anyone, you just piss on a thread you threw out a charge on, and run away. Typical.

salttee

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Pyrex wrote:
............either Hillary manages to be more corrupt than them, somehow, or just didn't offer them enough payoff..............

Now, everything that happened here was probably legal...............

Yes, it was legal, and if it's legal, then it's not "corrupt"; it was just politics. This is another example of how pubbies chase their own tails with manufactured "corruption" charges against Hillary.

Pyrex
Topic Author

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:08 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruptio ... ions_Index

1) You will never see me defend the Portuguese political system in any way. If there was enough interest in this forum to warrant a dedicated thread on Portuguese politics you would know that.
2) I have lived in and paid (a lot of) taxes in the U.S. for the past 9 years.

But I know how people like you think - immigrants are only useful as long as they tow the party line (and the more illegal the better, as that makes them more pliable). Stray away from the Democratic plantation and you have gotten yourself some trouble.

coolian2

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:18 pm

mham001 wrote:
PacificBeach88 wrote:
coolian2 wrote:

Not gonna address my point?

Nah of course you won't. I'm terrible at debating, but the fact that I kick your ass every single time says a lot, doesn't it?

I can do it half-pissed too, which should be more alarming for you.

ContentCreator

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:21 pm

PacificBeach88 wrote:
ContentCreator wrote:

Thank you! You have no comeback for Nixon, HW Bush, or Reagan being more corrupt than anyone, you just piss on a thread you threw out a charge on, and run away. Typical.

I don't argue with fundamentally immoral people like you.

SQ22

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Another A vs. B style discussion which is running into a flamebait even after just a few posts and hence will be locked.