Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14746
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:02 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Is there one person out there who actually believes the reason Hillary kept a private server was for any reason other than to keep things hidden?


No silly, she was keeping it for "convenience". Doesn't everyone set up their own servers at home in their basement when they seek convenience?

But whatever you do, please please please don't suggest it might have to do with her selling influence to her charity in exchange for cash or favors, while not having those emails be subject to FOIA requests. Because she would never ever EVER do that. Her penchant and reputation for honesty is as pure as the wind driven snow.


It's still for convenience, or she could have, like she's saying now, carried two devices and then the compromising emails you suspect exist would be on her personal email and associated devices, and official business on her business email and associated devices.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 am

There are times that I do believe Hillary exaggerated when she said Trumps supporters are 50% deplorable, but in the last few days, I realize she was not that far off with her estimate. :shock:
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22251
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:55 am

DocLightning wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/harry-reid-letter-fbi-james-comey-clinton-emails-trump-russia-ties-hatch-act/

To return to the topic at hand, it would appear that Mr. Comey has been sitting on "explosive" information about Mr. Trump but did not disclose that. Only when it has to do with Mrs. Clinton does it need to be publicly vaguebooked.


Here it is: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump
 
YZF101
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:12 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:02 am

That probe that was re-opened, shouldn't have been closed to begin with. Unfortunately, the FBI is now tarnished by Hillary's actions. It is a shame, but then, Hillary has no shame.
 
FreequentFlier
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:30 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:19 am

DocLightning wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/harry-reid-letter-fbi-james-comey-clinton-emails-trump-russia-ties-hatch-act/

To return to the topic at hand, it would appear that Mr. Comey has been sitting on "explosive" information about Mr. Trump but did not disclose that. Only when it has to do with Mrs. Clinton does it need to be publicly vaguebooked.


Here it is: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump


Oh right, this is the "look squirrel!" accusation put out by a single anonymous former official. Trump almost definitely has illicit ties to the Russians, but only the Hillary camp could be so incompetent as to actually own goal yet again when trying to make them. I give it maybe another day or two before Hillary starts claiming the election is "rigged".

Don't worry Doc, I still think you're going to pull this one out and it only cost your dignity and integrity.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:39 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
Oh right, this is the "look squirrel!" accusation put out by a single anonymous former official.

This story comes from more than "a single anonymous former official", it has many sources (read the Slate article): tomorrow's news will almost certainly contain new insights and commentary putting some of the separate pieces together.

It's a certainty that there is, and has been, an investigation into this subject ongoing within the FBI. That fact alone is big news in the shadow of Comey's Friday announcement. Doc is right, this story is snowballing.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8710
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:28 am

WarRI1 wrote:
There are times that I do believe Hillary exaggerated when she said Trumps supporters are 50% deplorable, but in the last few days, I realize she was not that far off with her estimate. :shock:

Someone said it on TV the other day:

"Yes, it's wrong to assume that all of Trump's supporters are in a basket of deplorables and are irredeemable. Not all of Trump's supporters are racists, bigots, xenophobes, etc., but why is it that people who fit the description of being racists, bigots, xenophobes, etc. are all wearing "MAGA" apparel?"

That 50% is starting to sound reasonable every day. It's the guilt by association clause.

The interesting thing is that while they reject the notion that they are all racists, bigots, and xenophobes (ie. it's only a few, but I'm not one of them) and express outrage at being lumped into the same category (one they don't like), they're eager to say that all Muslims are terrorists because all terrorists are Muslim AND reject Muslims saying "it's not us, it's a few extreme individuals" (ie. lump all Muslims as dangerous).
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15866
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:47 am

Oh spare me; the Trump/Russia thing has been debunked by cyber security experts in the past few hours. Try again.
 
User avatar
Kiwirob
Posts: 13632
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:57 am

BestWestern wrote:
Agree that abortions should be rare rather than a form of retroactive birth control. Unlkkne China, where moral dilemmas on abortion don't exist.


The US performs over 1,2 million abortions per year, it's number three on the list behind China and Russia, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the vast majority of Americans don't have a moral dilemma about it either, it's just a lot of noise from religious nuters drowning out the silent majority.
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:35 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Oh spare me; the Trump/Russia thing has been debunked by cyber security experts in the past few hours. Try again.


Indeed. Even the NY Times admits as much: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/po ... .html?_r=0
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:36 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Oh spare me; the Trump/Russia thing has been debunked by cyber security experts in the past few hours. Try again.


The FBI concluding that "there could be an innocuous explanation, like a marketing email or spam" is not at all debunking the premise that Trump has had a secret link to Alpha Bank; in fact, that's more of an indication of a lack of tenacity on the part of the FBI when looking into Trump / Russia links. Also, there has been no weakening of the facts that three of Trump's advisors are deeply involved with Putin's Russia: Paul Manafort, Roger Stone and Carter Page.

There has been no reversal of the opinion of the US intelligence community that the Wikileaks attacks on various Democratic E-mail accounts are Russian sourced.

There can be no denying that the FBI has been conducting unannounced investigations of Trump / Russian connections while they publicly announced their investigation into the E-mails found on Weiner's laptop.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23956
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:23 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
Oh spare me; the Trump/Russia thing has been debunked by cyber security experts in the past few hours. Try again.


Indeed. Even the NY Times admits as much: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/po ... .html?_r=0


You must be reading a different article. The one in the link talks about how Comey decided not to deeply investigate Trump or his aids ties to Russia because Alpha Bank had a few hundred hits on a Trump owned server and because Paul Manfort was given cash by a Ukranian. But, yes, let's continue to investigate Hillary's emails that have been poured over hundreds of times already....
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
Oh spare me; the Trump/Russia thing has been debunked by cyber security experts in the past few hours. Try again.


Indeed. Even the NY Times admits as much: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/po ... .html?_r=0


You must be reading a different article. The one in the link talks about how Comey decided not to deeply investigate Trump or his aids ties to Russia because Alpha Bank had a few hundred hits on a Trump owned server and because Paul Manfort was given cash by a Ukranian. But, yes, let's continue to investigate Hillary's emails that have been poured over hundreds of times already....


The article plainly admits that the FBI have found nothing to suggest that Trump has the links to Russia which the Clinton campaign has been claiming. I am neither attacking, nor defending Trump, merely pointing out that this article also debunks the idea of Trump being a Kremlin puppet.

On a side note; I'm struggling to understand the latest Clinton campaign ads about the nuclear risk associated with a Trump Presidency. Apparently he is so volatile that he will launch the US into a nuclear war. The problem with this is that presumably that war would be with Russia, but Clinton is simultaneously accusing Trump of being in bed with Putin so to speak. So which is it? Is Trump working for Moscow, or is he going to try to wipe out Moscow? :roll:
 
Hillis
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:48 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
.

On a side note; I'm struggling to understand the latest Clinton campaign ads about the nuclear risk associated with a Trump Presidency. Apparently he is so volatile that he will launch the US into a nuclear war. The problem with this is that presumably that war would be with Russia, but Clinton is simultaneously accusing Trump of being in bed with Putin so to speak. So which is it? Is Trump working for Moscow, or is he going to try to wipe out Moscow? :roll:


Uh, you forgot China and North Korea? What if someone in Pakistan says something bad about him in a tweet? They have nukes.

If you're really that naïve to think that only Russia is a problem, you're outta your mind. Just because Trump is a Putin flunkey doesn't mean he wouldn't get into it with another nuclear (or non-nuclear) power.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Putin and Trump's love affair is sure to go sour as soon as Trump wakes up and figures out that he's being played. And if Trump were to be elected that would certainly happen.
 
User avatar
alberchico
Topic Author
Posts: 3360
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:52 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:51 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/election-us-2016-37825671

So now the FBI dumps records pertaining to Bill Clinton's 2001 pardons during his last days of office ?

Say what you want about Bill Clinton but the Marc Rich pardon was shady as hell...
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Hillis wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:
.

On a side note; I'm struggling to understand the latest Clinton campaign ads about the nuclear risk associated with a Trump Presidency. Apparently he is so volatile that he will launch the US into a nuclear war. The problem with this is that presumably that war would be with Russia, but Clinton is simultaneously accusing Trump of being in bed with Putin so to speak. So which is it? Is Trump working for Moscow, or is he going to try to wipe out Moscow? :roll:


Uh, you forgot China and North Korea? What if someone in Pakistan says something bad about him in a tweet? They have nukes.

If you're really that naïve to think that only Russia is a problem, you're outta your mind. Just because Trump is a Putin flunkey doesn't mean he wouldn't get into it with another nuclear (or non-nuclear) power.


No I didn't forget China and North Korea. Of course I am aware that countries other than Russia possess Nuclear weaponry. However, the only nuclear-armed country with which the USA has extreme political and military tension at the moment is Russia. We can discount North Korea, because their technology is nowhere near sophisticated enough to constitute any sort of real threat. Therefore, it isn't difficult to see that the Clinton campaign is thinking of Russia. And again, to go back to the linked article, there is no evidence that Trump is a Putin "flunkey" of any kind.

It is a big jump to suppose that, because Donald Trump is known for Twitter outbursts, he (surrounded by advisers and military top brass) will launch a Nuclear Strike because someone upset him. I'd even go so far as to say that that is an utterly ridiculous assertion. People make ridiculous comments on the internet all of the time - only moments ago, you accused me of political naivety without knowing a thing about me - but it really is grasping at straws to suggest that Trump would treat the Oval Office like he treats Twitter.

Now, for the record, before anyone jumps on me again, up until last week I was fully (but not happily) in support of Clinton over Trump. Now I'm not so sure any more.
 
apodino
Posts: 4092
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:08 pm

I don't know what was discovered but based on what I know about Comey I think there is something significant here for this to happen so close to election day. The White House is even saying what a straight shooter Comey is. Most of the Democrats have turned on Comey for what I believe are political reasons. Of course the GOP has seized on these revelations for political reasons as well. It didn't have to come to this. I do believe this was mishandled in the summertime based on what info has come out. I think two things should have happened in this case because of the political nature of the case.

1. Lynch should have appointed a special prosecutor to handle the case. It is clear to me that based on the Tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton and some other actions that the Justice department has taken, Lynch cannot be expected to act in a non biased way. This would have also protected Mrs. Clinton as well since it would make it more likely that she would get a fair trial.

2. Based on the evidence that was collected, I believe this should have been turned over to a Grand Jury. A grand jury would have been in a position to look at the evidence in an unbiased way, and made a decision based on the facts. This would take any hint of political bias out of this case and also help Hillary get a fair trial since there is no bias from a grand jury by nature. Its one thing if a political justice department refuses to prosecute, because there is bias and if Trump were to win, now you make it easier for an Attorney General such as Chris Christie if nominated to go after her. If a grand jury is the one that says do not indict, it becomes that much tougher for Christie.

All in all this case and this election represent the very worst that America has become, and its spilled over into these threads where I see lots of namecalling and not a lot of listening, and this goes for both sides.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:47 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
No I didn't forget China and North Korea.

But maybe you forgot Iran?
KLDC10 wrote:
We can discount North Korea

No, you can discount North Korea if you want, but "we" aren't necessarily doing that.
Donald doesn't handle personal insults very well, and Kim junior is full of them.
KLDC10 wrote:
the Clinton campaign is thinking of Russia.

You assume that the Clinton campaign is thinking of Russia.
KLDC10 wrote:
And again, to go back to the linked article, there is no evidence that Trump is a Putin "flunkey" of any kind.
That "evidence" wouldn't be in that article; that "evidence" is in the fact that Putin is a very cynical ex KGB agent who has mastered the machiavellian labyrinth of Russian politics to come out on top, while Turmp on the other hand, is a opportunist who is selling a vacuous populist program to the unsettled uneducated masses of current day America - and while being a person who's only contact with the military was ROTC in high school, had the audacity to tell the retired former dean of the US Army war college at West Point that he will teach him " a couple of things (about military tactics)". Putin would walk all over Trump before Donald even knew it had happened.
KLDC10 wrote:
I'd even go so far as to say that that is an utterly ridiculous assertion.
With both hands on your hips?
 
afcjets
Posts: 3832
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Aesma wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Is there one person out there who actually believes the reason Hillary kept a private server was for any reason other than to keep things hidden?


No silly, she was keeping it for "convenience". Doesn't everyone set up their own servers at home in their basement when they seek convenience?

But whatever you do, please please please don't suggest it might have to do with her selling influence to her charity in exchange for cash or favors, while not having those emails be subject to FOIA requests. Because she would never ever EVER do that. Her penchant and reputation for honesty is as pure as the wind driven snow.


It's still for convenience, or she could have, like she's saying now, carried two devices and then the compromising emails you suspect exist would be on her personal email and associated devices, and official business on her business email and associated devices.


If she only carried one device, why did she need to take a hammer to destroy several of the 13 ifones and 5 ipads connected to her server?
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 pm

salttee wrote:
But maybe you forgot Iran?

Nope. Just because a country has Nuclear Weapons, doesn't mean they will use them. The concept of Mutually Assured Destruction is usually more than enough to deter would-be combatants from deploying missiles.

salttee wrote:
No, you can discount North Korea if you want, but "we" aren't necessarily doing that.

Very well, "I" will, and for two reasons:
1. To suppose that North Korea is a serious threat to the USA is to seriously underestimate the military power of the United States. It is the same sort of thinking that has deluded thousands into thinking that Russia is somehow a superpower.
2. China exerts a large amount of control over North Korea. Do the Chinese want Nuclear War in their backyard? Of course not.

salttee wrote:
You assume that the Clinton campaign is thinking of Russia.

There is little reason to suggest, given the context, that they are thinking of anyplace other than Russia.

salttee wrote:
That "evidence" wouldn't be in that article; that "evidence" is in the fact that Putin is a very cynical ex KGB agent who has mastered the machiavellian labyrinth of Russian politics to come out on top, while Turmp on the other hand, is a opportunist who is selling a vacuous populist program to the unsettled uneducated masses of current day America - and while being a person who's only contact with the military was ROTC in high school, had the audacity to tell the retired former dean of the US Army war college at West Point that he will teach him " a couple of things (about military tactics)". Putin would walk all over Trump before Donald even knew it had happened.

You seem to be arguing about something completely different. Saying that "Putin would walk all over Trump" suggests something completely different to the idea that Trump is somehow working for, or is influenced by, Putin.

salttee wrote:
With both hands on your hips?

Funny, but you didn't actually address the argument there.
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 6170
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm just leaving this here. It's about Clinton answering an interview question on her work concerning Nixon...

CLINTON: I think we would have been delighted. The problem back then, you'll remember, is the documents were destroyed, tapes were missing 18 and a half minutes, the White House was not cooperating. They were claiming executive privilege on every piece of paper. I think the contrast is so dramatic. We want the truth to get out. We would just love to have this matter brought to an end.

KEITH: And what really stands out to me with that is how much it sounds like something she said not that long ago about the ongoing controversy over her use of a private email server for public business while she was secretary of state. Here is just a little clip from the press conference she had last year about that server.



David
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:04 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
The concept of Mutually Assured Destruction is usually more than enough to deter would-be combatants from deploying missiles.
You are making a series of assumptions out of thin air.
Many people (Democrats included) have questions about Trump's ability to think rationally about military matters, this isn't limited to cases where Mutually Assured Destruction apply. He doesn't appear to understand why others are unwilling to use nuclear weapons. Hence this is a serious issue for many.
KLDC10 wrote:
To suppose that North Korea is a serious threat to the USA is to seriously underestimate the military power of the United States. It is the same sort of thinking that has deluded thousands into thinking that Russia is somehow a superpower.
N. Korea's nukes are a threat to about 37,000 US servicemen in Korea, they are also a threat to US Navy ships in the region, but the issue being discussed isn't North Korea's use of nukes, the discussion is about Trump's potential use of nukes. Trump's false assumptions about military matters give potential for him to paint himself (the US) into a corner where the only facesaving way out may appear to Trump to be use the nukes we have in our inventory.
KLDC10 wrote:
China exerts a large amount of control over North Korea.
Probably not as much as you think; but again, it's Trump we are concerned about here, not North Korea.
KLDC10 wrote:
There is little reason to suggest, given the context, that they are thinking of anyplace other than Russia.
To begin, you're wrong in thinking that the issue of not trusting Trump with nukes revolves around Russia. It revolves around Trump; where he might decide to go off the reservation is unknowable, but it surely isn't limited to Russia.
KLDC10 wrote:
Saying that "Putin would walk all over Trump" suggests something completely different to the idea that Trump is somehow working for, or is influenced by, Putin.
Trump clearly thinks that Putin is his alter ego or soulmate or some such thing. Putin will gladly encourage that kind of thinking in Trump. Until the inevitable crunch, and Trump is out of his league where it comes to Putin, his Dad's attorneys can't help him there.

There's a reason why "confidence men" are called confidence men.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:12 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
E-mails, E-mails

I really don't get it why you guys keep flogging this E-mails issue. It's a non-issue for at least 60% of the public. You've been flogging it for over a year and it gets no traction because among other things, everyone before her did the same.

You're not going to change a single mind on this issue, you're not going to gain a single vote by flogging this dead horse.

What's the point?
 
Veetwo
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 pm

salttee wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
E-mails, E-mails

I really don't get it why you guys keep flogging this E-mails issue. It's a non-issue for at least 60% of the public. You've been flogging it for over a year and it gets no traction because among other things, everyone before her did the same.

You're not going to change a single mind on this issue, you're not going to gain a single vote by flogging this dead horse.

What's the point?


No traction? Its literally the only thing on the news. The FBI would beg to differ, too. Why has Abedin been pulled off the campaign since it came out if its not a big deal? The acceptance of her corruption by the left in general is amazing- but what's new. Trump SAYS crude things but Hillary DOES illegal things.

If I took home classified materials and put them on my computer ID BE IN JAIL.
 
FreequentFlier
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:30 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:34 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

Indeed. Even the NY Times admits as much: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/po ... .html?_r=0


You must be reading a different article. The one in the link talks about how Comey decided not to deeply investigate Trump or his aids ties to Russia because Alpha Bank had a few hundred hits on a Trump owned server and because Paul Manfort was given cash by a Ukranian. But, yes, let's continue to investigate Hillary's emails that have been poured over hundreds of times already....


The article plainly admits that the FBI have found nothing to suggest that Trump has the links to Russia which the Clinton campaign has been claiming. I am neither attacking, nor defending Trump, merely pointing out that this article also debunks the idea of Trump being a Kremlin puppet.

On a side note; I'm struggling to understand the latest Clinton campaign ads about the nuclear risk associated with a Trump Presidency. Apparently he is so volatile that he will launch the US into a nuclear war. The problem with this is that presumably that war would be with Russia, but Clinton is simultaneously accusing Trump of being in bed with Putin so to speak. So which is it? Is Trump working for Moscow, or is he going to try to wipe out Moscow? :roll:


It's hard to keep up with the accusations, isn't it? And we better elect Hillary to stop more war, even though she voted for the Iraq War....and got us into Libya....and got us into Syria. What a peace loving candidate.

The best part of this election is that it's revealed the so called "elites" for the bumbling idiots that they are. And just so I'm clear, I think elitism is a wonderful thing, if one is truly elite. Most Americans admire people who excel in their fields - men of science like Elon Musk for example. The problem with Washington these days isn't elitism. It's that the people in Washington aren't actually elite, but govern as if they are. It's a dangerous combination of incompetence and hubris.

And so, here we are.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3832
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:45 pm

salttee wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
E-mails, E-mails

I really don't get it why you guys keep flogging this E-mails issue. It's a non-issue for at least 60% of the public. You've been flogging it for over a year and it gets no traction because among other things, everyone before her did the same.

You're not going to change a single mind on this issue, you're not going to gain a single vote by flogging this dead horse.

What's the point?


LOL, I guess the polls changing over the weekend are just a random coincidence since Hillary will not lose one single vote over this. 7% of people who were going to vote for Hillary say they are reconsidering now based on this. It's also funny how you say her emails are an issue for upto 40% of the public, yet not one single vote will be influenced by the FBI director saying he is re-opening the investigation on this issue.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:36 am

afcjets wrote:
Aesma wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

No silly, she was keeping it for "convenience". Doesn't everyone set up their own servers at home in their basement when they seek convenience?

But whatever you do, please please please don't suggest it might have to do with her selling influence to her charity in exchange for cash or favors, while not having those emails be subject to FOIA requests. Because she would never ever EVER do that. Her penchant and reputation for honesty is as pure as the wind driven snow.


It's still for convenience, or she could have, like she's saying now, carried two devices and then the compromising emails you suspect exist would be on her personal email and associated devices, and official business on her business email and associated devices.


If she only carried one device, why did she need to take a hammer to destroy several of the 13 ifones and 5 ipads connected to her server?


Clearly the Kool-Aid drinkers believe that such actions are normal and acceptable.

afcjets wrote:
salttee wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
E-mails, E-mails

I really don't get it why you guys keep flogging this E-mails issue. It's a non-issue for at least 60% of the public. You've been flogging it for over a year and it gets no traction because among other things, everyone before her did the same.

You're not going to change a single mind on this issue, you're not going to gain a single vote by flogging this dead horse.

What's the point?


LOL, I guess the polls changing over the weekend are just a random coincidence since Hillary will not lose one single vote over this. 7% of people who were going to vote for Hillary say they are reconsidering now based on this. It's also funny how you say her emails are an issue for upto 40% of the public, yet not one single vote will be influenced by the FBI director saying he is re-opening the investigation on this issue.


Go easy on him good sir, drinking all of that Kool-Aid over the past few months has had some kind of negative affect on his ability to do basic maths ;)

YZF101 wrote:
That probe that was re-opened, shouldn't have been closed to begin with. Unfortunately, the FBI is now tarnished by Hillary's actions. It is a shame, but then, Hillary has no shame.


Exactly.

Hillary has no shame, but she sure has a ton of arrogance.

Nobody is better about telling lies about the lies about the lies.

She also has quite a good fake smile, but even that seems to be getting tired.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14746
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:54 am

afcjets wrote:
If she only carried one device, why did she need to take a hammer to destroy several of the 13 ifones and 5 ipads connected to her server?


An aide is alleged to have done this, not Clinton. And having used numerous devices over a period of years is not the same thing as carrying two phones daily.

I'm carrying two phones daily so I know the problems associated with that, in the end I got both my personal and my work emails on both my personal and work phones. Might not continue long as my company is tackling the security issues of unsecured email. I've already told my boss that if it's cumbersome I won't bother with it and will forgo work emails on phones entirely.
 
YZF101
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:12 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:25 am

The real shame in ALL of this nonsense is that the American public has been done a HUGE disservice by BOTH Hillary and Trump. That's the truth. Is this the way of the future, a bunch of schoolyard bullies vying for the "top spot"?

Not even the 'holier-than-thou' Democrats or the 'damn-the-masses-for -the-corporation' Republicans are smelling like roses at this moment.

Where oh where is the outrage in that?

Yes, it's time - Snoopy For President :)
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23956
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:02 am

Trump has a fraud trial coming up in November and his trial for sexual abuse of a minor is in December but, please do go on about how awful Hillary is that the husband of one of her aids used a laptop....
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15866
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:58 am

salttee wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
Oh spare me; the Trump/Russia thing has been debunked by cyber security experts in the past few hours. Try again.


The FBI concluding that "there could be an innocuous explanation, like a marketing email or spam" is not at all debunking the premise that Trump has had a secret link to Alpha Bank; in fact, that's more of an indication of a lack of tenacity on the part of the FBI when looking into Trump / Russia links. Also, there has been no weakening of the facts that three of Trump's advisors are deeply involved with Putin's Russia: Paul Manafort, Roger Stone and Carter Page.

There has been no reversal of the opinion of the US intelligence community that the Wikileaks attacks on various Democratic E-mail accounts are Russian sourced.

There can be no denying that the FBI has been conducting unannounced investigations of Trump / Russian connections while they publicly announced their investigation into the E-mails found on Weiner's laptop.



Erm...

http://www.snopes.com/trump-server-tied ... sian-bank/


You'll want to reheat that crow at 350F before eating it.
 
LMP737
Posts: 6266
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:58 am

EA CO AS wrote:
]


Erm...

http://www.snopes.com/trump-server-tied ... sian-bank/


You'll want to reheat that crow at 350F before eating it.


Please do not pretend you so concerned with facts. Not when you say things like [i]I just hope Comey's letter ended with, "And for the record, I am in excellent health and am not contemplating suicide.[/i] Or that your candidate of choice has such a hard time with them himself.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14746
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:42 am

The server connected to a Russian bank is unproven. That there is something illegal in the emails found on Weiner's computer is also unproven.

There has been an FBI investigation in both cases.

Why is the FBI praised for disclosing the Clinton investigation (that isn't actually on Clinton but on Wiener) but nothing is made of the other investigation, the one on Trump/his organization bearing the same name/his aides linked to Russia ?
 
afcjets
Posts: 3832
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Aesma wrote:
afcjets wrote:
If she only carried one device, why did she need to take a hammer to destroy several of the 13 ifones and 5 ipads connected to her server?


An aide is alleged to have done this, not Clinton.


Of course, do you really think she is going to do it herself? She hasn't even driven a car since 1996.
 
Hillis
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Aesma wrote:
The server connected to a Russian bank is unproven. That there is something illegal in the emails found on Weiner's computer is also unproven.

There has been an FBI investigation in both cases.

Why is the FBI praised for disclosing the Clinton investigation (that isn't actually on Clinton but on Wiener) but nothing is made of the other investigation, the one on Trump/his organization bearing the same name/his aides linked to Russia ?


Exactly. The Russia/Trump connection has far more severe consequences than what was on Anthony Weiner's emails, but Comey stated that, per the rules, no comment would be made that close to the election, but he releases this info 10 days before the vote, and without any information behind it.

And while Trump has been trying to stonewall with those investigations on Russia, Hillary is saying "release this stuff!" on the Weiner emails.

Comey has been under fire from both sides of the aisle for this, and whereas we've had the specter of Trump yelling "fixed!!", if Trump barely wins, how does this possibly (read that again: POSSIBLY) taint the election result?

This one stinks to High Heaven.
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4821
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:54 pm

Funny how things work...

Many liberals are complaining about the decision of the FBI Director to notify Congress of the probe. Normally the responsibility to liaise with Congress about ongoing investigations belongs to the Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs, who currently is Peter Kadzik. Who, you ask? The same Peter Kadzik who, as a lawyer, represented John Podesta ("kept me out of jail", as he would say) and the infamous Marc Rich, who was pardoned by Bill Clinton in his last day in office? Yes, that same Peter Kadzik,

"Well, lawyers represent multiple clients", you may say. "They cannot always be under the presumption of partiality just because of that", you would then argue. And you may have a point... Except:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /93202266/

Lawyers working for the DOJ are not supposed to leak information about ongoing investigations to parties involved in the investigations! That is a big, humongous, no-no. Enough to get you arrested and disbarred, assuming the institutions are working properly.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodies?
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 am

Pyrex wrote:
Funny how things work...

Many liberals are complaining about the decision of the FBI Director to notify Congress of the probe. Normally the responsibility to liaise with Congress about ongoing investigations belongs to the Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs, who currently is Peter Kadzik. Who, you ask? The same Peter Kadzik who, as a lawyer, represented John Podesta ("kept me out of jail", as he would say) and the infamous Marc Rich, who was pardoned by Bill Clinton in his last day in office? Yes, that same Peter Kadzik,

"Well, lawyers represent multiple clients", you may say. "They cannot always be under the presumption of partiality just because of that", you would then argue. And you may have a point... Except:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /93202266/

Lawyers working for the DOJ are not supposed to leak information about ongoing investigations to parties involved in the investigations! That is a big, humongous, no-no. Enough to get you arrested and disbarred, assuming the institutions are working properly.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodies?


It sure is funny how things work.

As for the many liberals complaining, apart from drinking the Kool-Aid, isn't that what they do with the rest of their time? Just complain?
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:47 am

777Jet wrote:
As for the many liberals complaining, apart from drinking the Kool-Aid, isn't that what they do with the rest of their time? Just complain?

Well it's better than drooling and partaking in inbreeding.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:09 am

Just my own theory, certainly just a possibility of course. We know what happened with the Bush Gore election, now we have the USSC appointment which is as we know the most important issue for this election which will influence our lives and country for many years. Suppose, just suppose that the FBI Director was influenced by his former Republicans, suppose, just suppose that this is a grand strategy to influence and in affect/effect steal the election. Just a theory, which nobody can prove or disprove. Dirty tricks on a grand scale. Just maybe!
 
Veetwo
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:14 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Just my own theory, certainly just a possibility of course. We know what happened with the Bush Gore election, now we have the USSC appointment which is as we know the most important issue for this election which will influence our lives and country for many years. Suppose, just suppose that the FBI Director was influenced by his former Republicans, suppose, just suppose that this is a grand strategy to influence and in affect/effect steal the election. Just a theory, which nobody can prove or disprove. Dirty tricks on a grand scale. Just maybe!


Just maybe the lizard people are real. I mean there's no proof, but who knows right? Just maybe there's some personal responsibility to the outcome of your life. Crazy conspiracy thought but who knows?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 23956
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:09 am

Veetwo wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Just my own theory, certainly just a possibility of course. We know what happened with the Bush Gore election, now we have the USSC appointment which is as we know the most important issue for this election which will influence our lives and country for many years. Suppose, just suppose that the FBI Director was influenced by his former Republicans, suppose, just suppose that this is a grand strategy to influence and in affect/effect steal the election. Just a theory, which nobody can prove or disprove. Dirty tricks on a grand scale. Just maybe!


Just maybe the lizard people are real. I mean there's no proof, but who knows right? Just maybe there's some personal responsibility to the outcome of your life. Crazy conspiracy thought but who knows?


Speaking of responsibility, remember this gem?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-d ... oice/?_r=0

Or this?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/10/c ... 12239.html

It's called leadership. On the emails, she did exactly what other Republican leaders did. The difference was Republican leaders said "well, you know.... whatever...." And as far as Benghazi goes, what would it look like for thousands of troops to just mass into a nation in the middle of civil war with no warning? What would that look like to the rest of the world? That is also called diplomacy. Telling the other country we need to send troops and telling that government why and what will happen. Instead of launching what could be perceived a full scale invasion. But, no. Just take out Clinton. Above all, take out Clinton. No thoughts or reasoning.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20111
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:16 am

777Jet wrote:
As for the many liberals complaining, apart from drinking the Kool-Aid, isn't that what they do with the rest of their time? Just complain?
`

Says the man with more posts in all the US election threads than everyone else combined. :lol:
 
PSA53
Posts: 2939
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:34 pm

What's the difference anyway? Politicians are pardon for their crimes just like Watergate.No doubt Obama will pardon corrupt Hillary and everyone at the FBI will be fired for doing their job.And as usual,truth and the American public are the big losers.Done! .
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm

How can Obama pardon Hillary if....actually I'm not even going to.
 
Ken777
Posts: 10194
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Hillis wrote:
In fact, Trump's "rap sheet" is more onerous than anything Hillary has. Civil Rights violations; up on charges for raping a minor. And the latter is going to trial.


Just read today that the rape case is closing down. Best bet for me is that the case was looked at by the RNC/Trump Campaign and the best option was to pay the girl off. Great timing - I just hope the girl got the cash up front. Trump has too big a reputation for stiffing people he owes money to.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:51 pm

coolian2 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
As for the many liberals complaining, apart from drinking the Kool-Aid, isn't that what they do with the rest of their time? Just complain?

Well it's better than drooling and partaking in inbreeding.


That's a bit ironic coming from the person who started a thread worrying if a kid was on the way after one of your inbreeding episodes.

scbriml wrote:
777Jet wrote:
As for the many liberals complaining, apart from drinking the Kool-Aid, isn't that what they do with the rest of their time? Just complain?
`

Says the man with more posts in all the US election threads than everyone else combined. :lol:


About what could be expected from a leg-dragging lefty from the UK.

Having fun with Brexit yet? LOL
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:46 am

Ken777 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
In fact, Trump's "rap sheet" is more onerous than anything Hillary has. Civil Rights violations; up on charges for raping a minor. And the latter is going to trial.


Just read today that the rape case is closing down. Best bet for me is that the case was looked at by the RNC/Trump Campaign and the best option was to pay the girl off. Great timing - I just hope the girl got the cash up front. Trump has too big a reputation for stiffing people he owes money to.



Now his wife is also worried about Cyber Bullying for American Youth. Can anyone imagine the nerve of this woman who is married to the Master Bully saying that in a speech? Of course someone wrote that for her. She does remind me of a Stepford Wife. Of course a well dressed one. :( :o :shock:
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:05 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Now his wife is also worried about Cyber Bullying for American Youth. Can anyone imagine the nerve of this woman who is married to the Master Bully saying that in a speech? Of course someone wrote that for her. She does remind me of a Stepford Wife. Of course a well dressed one. :( :o :shock:


She got it from here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off ... s-bullying
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:13 am

salttee wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Now his wife is also worried about Cyber Bullying for American Youth. Can anyone imagine the nerve of this woman who is married to the Master Bully saying that in a speech? Of course someone wrote that for her. She does remind me of a Stepford Wife. Of course a well dressed one. :( :o :shock:


She got it from here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off ... s-bullying


It seems she is now using Democratic Ideas from 2011. Have they no shame? Talk about obvious. Good post by the way, good information. I hope someone picks up on this from the news stations.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flyguy89, L0VE2FLY and 15 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos