Topic Author

Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:16 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37805525

Anyone else here just sick and tired of this damn election cycle already :roll:

910A

Re: Hillary Clinton email probe reopened by FBI

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Boy, I'm getting sick of this. Just reading the article the Republicans have already convicted her, and no one has any idea what is on the server, it could be nothing at all.

Hillis

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:49 pm

It's most likely nothing at all. And whether he likes it or not, this isn't going to get Trump elected.

But you can guarantee his whining about the election being "rigged" will increase now.

piedmont762

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:50 pm

There's Your October Surprise!

AirPacific747

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Oh f... I really hope this will not pave the way to the White House for DT. Really wish both candidates were someone else.

mbmbos

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Just checked the news. It's the GOP that's reporting the investigation is being re-opened, not the FBI. Furthermore, the emails were not sent from HRC's server nor were they offered by her. No scandal. No investigation.

More grasping by a desperate GOP.

pvjin

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:11 pm

I hope this will help Trump, I want the most entertaining and offensive candidate to win so that I will have plenty of quality entertainment and liberal tears to drink for next few years.

Hillis

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:22 pm

pvjin wrote:
I hope this will help Trump, I want the most entertaining and offensive candidate to win so that I will have plenty of quality entertainment and liberal tears to drink for next few years.

Oh, you might get entertainment all right, in the form of a thermonuclear weapon falling on your miserable head, courtesy of Donald Trump.

EA CO AS

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:28 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Just checked the news. It's the GOP that's reporting the investigation is being re-opened, not the FBI.

And CNN.
And MSNBC
And AP
And Reuters

Oh, and then there's the little matter of the letter from FBI Director Comey to Congress, advising them he was re-opening the case.

I just hope Comey's letter ended with, "And for the record, I am in excellent health and am not contemplating suicide." ;)

mbmbos

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:34 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
Just checked the news. It's the GOP that's reporting the investigation is being re-opened, not the FBI.

And CNN.
And MSNBC
And AP
And Reuters

Oh, and then there's the little matter of the letter from FBI Director Comey to Congress, advising them he was re-opening the case.

I just hope Comey's letter ended with, "And for the record, I am in excellent health and am not contemplating suicide." ;)

And once again, the media is mindlessly quoting the GOP's talking points. The FBI itself is not declaring they're re-opening the case.

Are you implying that Clinton is going to take out a "hit" on Comey? Are you face down in the Kool-Aid too?

pvjin

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Hillis wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Oh, you might get entertainment all right, in the form of a thermonuclear weapon falling on your miserable head, courtesy of Donald Trump.

Based on my observations it's Hillary who is supporting more aggressive measures against Russia and warmongering in Syria, not Trump. Trump and Putin would get along just fine.

And let's face it, Obama's policy of supporting rebels in Middle East and North Africa has already been a huge disaster as far as world peace is concerned. Trump couldn't be any worse.

Tugger

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:36 pm

I always laugh when some claim "the Clinton Machine", I just wonder how they miss the massive the "Republican machine" that is running wild right now, from emails to the House investigations, they make any Clinton machine look small.

Tugg

coolian2

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:43 pm

So Clinton is guilty already, but Trump gets to face proper judicial process.

OK alt-right. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

afcjets

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:50 pm

I wonder if this means Hillary will release the tape of Donald saying the N word a few days earlier?

salttee

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:52 pm

pvjin wrote:
Trump and Putin would get along just fine.

Until Trump figures out that he's being played.

AirPacific747

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:00 pm

pvjin wrote:
Based on my observations it's Hillary who is supporting more aggressive measures against Russia and warmongering in Syria, not Trump. Trump and Putin would get along just fine.

Are you really that naive? It's all just playing in to Putin's hands of expanding Russia's influence globally if Trump wins. Putin doesn't give a damn about Trump or US relations in general. All he cares about is expanding Russia further west towards the baltic states and elsewhere.

Flighty

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Look I mean the tragedy of the election was already clear in the summer.

The US electoral system has been destroyed, but the country is going to hang together simply because there is no alternative. Not because the rule of law has endured, or because the regime remains legitimate... that was all lost.

My worry is that to recapture democracy, a great deal of blood will be shed in new wars. I hope it's not the case.

Hillis

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:30 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Are you really that naive? It's all just playing in to Putin's hands of expanding Russia's influence globally if Trump wins. Putin doesn't give a damn about Trump or US relations in general. All he cares about is expanding Russia further west towards the baltic states and elsewhere.

Yes, Hillary is supporting more aggressive measures vs. what Tramp wants to do. Trump basically wants to cave to Putin on everything-Syria, Ukraine, The Baltics, you name it. The real Manchurian Candidate.

I want a President who tells Putin he's not getting Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. I want a President to say we'll find a way to take out Assad and hopefully bring peace to Syria. But Trump has so much $$$ tied up there, that's all he cares about.

You're damn right I want someone who'll punch Putin in the chops if it's needed.

jfklganyc

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Why has it been destroyed?

Republican voters (the american people) made Trump the nominee fair and square.

same with the Democratic voters (the american people)

That is how a Democracy works.

They are two very flawed candidates, but they both went through a bruising primary battle with much better candidates...and the American people chose these two.

The system isnt flawed because you dont like the result.

It says a lot about America and the World in 2016. Where we came from, where we are, where we are going.

In the end, only morons wrapped in party rhetoric will predict a landslide for their astounding candidate in 2016.

Anybody not brain-washed can see these candidates are quite flawed and this election will feature an October surprise on a weekly basis that will make the final result a nail-biting sqweaker.

DocLightning

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:34 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/po ... -news&_r=0

It would appear that the E-mails have more to do with Mr. Weiner than with Mrs. Clinton. They may have been on her server, but she did not send them.

pvjin

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:39 pm

[/quote]

Are you really that naive? It's all just playing in to Putin's hands of expanding Russia's influence globally if Trump wins. Putin doesn't give a damn about Trump or US relations in general. All he cares about is expanding Russia further west towards the baltic states and elsewhere.[/quote]

The thing is that I don't mind Russia expanding if the alternative is the status quo where the holy alliance of USA, NATO and the EU continue to bring more chaos into the Middle East and eventually to Europe and my home country through massive refugee waves and more Brussels regulation.

Since Stalin died the United States has been the superpower responsible for most misery in the world, and lately in my country too, not Soviet Union / Russia. Anything is better than the hegemony of the rotten American system.

Yes, Hillary is supporting more aggressive measures vs. what Tramp wants to do. Trump basically wants to cave to Putin on everything-Syria, Ukraine, The Baltics, you name it. The real Manchurian Candidate.

I want a President who tells Putin he's not getting Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. I want a President to say we'll find a way to take out Assad and hopefully bring peace to Syria. But Trump has so much $$$ tied up there, that's all he cares about.

Putin already got Crimea and he won't give it back no matter who is the US president. I don't think he's planning to attack the Baltic, which belongs to the NATO anyway.

Also, didn't you learn anything from Iraq? If you take out Assad then you'll ensure that the conflict in Syria will go on for several more decades. Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen... Something all of them have in common is that they either have an authoritarian government that keeps different religious and ethnic groups in order through force, or a civil war. Peaceful democracy IS NOT AN OPTION.

Your foreign policy has been so incredibly bad for the world peace that I can't help but support Russia over the US, simply because Putin isn't stupid or corrupt enough to destabilize the Middle East by funding chaotic Islamist forces in the name of "freedom".
Last edited by pvjin on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AirPacific747

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:43 pm

pvjin wrote:
Putin already got Crimea and he won't give it back no matter who is the US president. I don't think he's planning to attack the Baltic, which belongs to the NATO anyway.

Wrong. Putin saw how Obama didn't put action into his words of punishing Assad if he used chemical weapons and Putin saw this as a weak US foreign policy. With Trump being Putin friendly, the Baltic states could well be next, and why not Finland too?

DocLightning

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:46 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
With Trump being Putin friendly, the Baltic states could well be next, and why not Finland too?

pjvin would love that. How is your Russian, pjvin?

pvjin

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:49 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Wrong. Putin saw how Obama didn't put action into his words of punishing Assad if he used chemical weapons and Putin saw this as a weak US foreign policy. With Trump being Putin friendly, the Baltic states could well be next, and why not Finland too?

Putin would have supported Assad anyway. Also, if Obama had put that plan into action Syria would be 100% ISIS territory by now.

Finland as an independent country ceased to exist in 1995, I would gladly accept Russian rule over Belgian/German/French rule. At least Russians have beautiful nationalistic values which I can admire, while the EU has no values other than tolerance of everything, which to me is pretty much an anti-value. The EU has brought us nothing good at all, only misery and bad economic times.

pjvin would love that. How is your Russian, pjvin?

Lately I've been too busy trying to study things that would give me good employment abroad so I can move out of this miserable continent permanently, but hopefully I'll get to start Russian studies next year.

AirPacific747

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:03 pm

pvjin wrote:

Finland as an independent country ceased to exist in 1995, I would gladly accept Russian rule over Belgian/German/French rule. At least Russians have beautiful nationalistic values which I can admire, while the EU has no values other than tolerance of everything, which to me is pretty much an anti-value. The EU has brought us nothing good at all, only misery and bad economic times.

Why didn't you move to Russia a long time ago, then? Or is it easier to verbally support Russian rule than actually living under it? ;-)

pvjin

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:07 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Why didn't you move to Russia a long time ago, then? Or is it easier to verbally support Russian rule than actually living under it? ;-)

State funded education, one of the few remaining good things about Finland. This country is a good place to study something on uni level, but horrible if you want to find employment after the studies, apart from certain special areas like medicine. Thus you study here and move to work elsewhere, which is what I will also do.

DfwRevolution

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:20 pm

mbmbos wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

And CNN.
And MSNBC
And AP
And Reuters

And once again, the media is mindlessly quoting the GOP's talking points. The FBI itself is not declaring they're re-opening the case.

And you're just mincing words to avoid reality. Whether they are "re-opening the case" or "[taking] appropriate investigative steps" is a distinction without a difference.

DaveFly

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:28 pm

It seems that the issue is: the FBI is investigating whether any top-secret emails were on Huma Abedin's laptop, the same laptop that Anthony Weiner was sexting on. It all seems like more nonsense to deflect from Trump's utter insanity. Unless they find some sticky stuff on Huma's laptop. Eeew!

AirPacific747

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:30 pm

pvjin wrote:

State funded education, one of the few remaining good things about Finland. This country is a good place to study something on uni level, but horrible if you want to find employment after the studies, apart from certain special areas like medicine. Thus you study here and move to work elsewhere, which is what I will also do.

So first you wanna seek the benefits of the tax your fellow countrymen are paying so you can get an education in a system you don't support, then you will move to Russia and find many employment opportunities? Lol. Which planet are you actually from?

DfwRevolution

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:33 pm

DaveFly wrote:
It seems that the issue is: the FBI is investigating whether any top-secret emails were on Huma Abedin's laptop, the same laptop that Anthony Weiner was sexting on. It all seems like more nonsense to deflect from Trump's utter insanity. Unless they find some sticky stuff on Huma's laptop. Eeew!

Exactly which part of mishandling top secret information constitutes "nonsense?"

pvjin

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:41 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

So first you wanna seek the benefits of the tax your fellow countrymen are paying so you can get an education in a system you don't support, then you will move to Russia and find many employment opportunities? Lol. Which planet are you actually from?

Me and other uni graduates aren't exactly given a choice whether we want to support this system or not. Due to massive overcapacity in the universities much more people graduate each year from nearly all fields of studies than this country can employ, the economic crisis and Russian sanctions have made the situation only worse.

So, after I graduate I have 2 choices if I don't become an entrepreneur and employ myself : Move abroad for work, or remain in Finland and stay unemployed or do low paid jobs where I can't use my expensive education at all.

Now, I could become an entrepreneur, but in that case I wouldn't stay in Finland either because everything is taxed to death here, this is one of the most hostile countries in the EU as far as healthy business making goes.

For the record I'm not planning to move to Russia, I want to go somewhere with warm climate.

ContentCreator

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:52 pm

pvjin wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Me and other uni graduates aren't exactly given a choice whether we want to support this system or not. Due to massive overcapacity in the universities much more people graduate each year from nearly all fields of studies than this country can employ, the economic crisis and Russian sanctions have made the situation only worse.

So, after I graduate I have 2 choices if I don't become an entrepreneur and employ myself : Move abroad for work, or remain in Finland and stay unemployed or do low paid jobs where I can't use my expensive education at all.

Now, I could become an entrepreneur, but in that case I wouldn't stay in Finland either because everything is taxed to death here, this is one of the most hostile countries in the EU as far as healthy business making goes.

For the record I'm not planning to move to Russia, I want to go somewhere with warm climate.

What are the chances you come to the USA with our backwards, corrupt ways?

coolian2

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:53 pm

I suggest hell.

einsteinboricua

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:04 pm

And now suddenly everyone praises CNN for reporting this, even though they've been hitting CNN (I'm sorry..the Clinton News Network) for covering up for her. What about now?

Trump and conservatives overall hitting on Comey for not bringing up charges to Clinton and now he's their hero.

Two faced much?

SOBHI51

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:06 pm

pvjin wrote:

I have some suggestions for you. Aleppo, Mosul and Idlib :D

Hillis

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:45 pm

SOBHI51 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

I was thinking of somewhere with a warm climate, erm, a little more "South" of there. :mrgreen:

777Jet

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:53 pm

salttee wrote:
pvjin wrote:
Trump and Putin would get along just fine.

Until Trump figures out that he's being played.

Which is something that Obama still hasn't figured out.

afcjets wrote:
I wonder if this means Hillary will release the tape of Donald saying the N word a few days earlier?

So far this is all that the MSM here can come up with in response:

'Video shows Donald Trump publicly humiliating Jennifer Hawkins '

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-election ... sdk5l.html

stlgph

Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:21 am

mbmbos wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

And CNN.
And MSNBC
And AP
And Reuters

Are you implying that Clinton is going to take out a "hit" on Comey? Are you face down in the Kool-Aid too?

LOL dude, if you're believing your own crap you're spewing here, you're the one drinking the Kool Aid. Get a clue.

SOBHI51

Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:24 am

Hillis wrote:
SOBHI51 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

I was thinking of somewhere with a warm climate, erm, a little more "South" of there. :mrgreen:

I have the best place for you, the Saudi Yemeni border, you will love it there.

seb146

Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:56 am

jfklganyc wrote:
They are two very flawed candidates, but they both went through a bruising primary battle with much better candidates...and the American people chose these two.

How is Hillary flawed? Because she has been under oath and under investigation for the better part of 30 years? Yes, she is a politician and says what she needs to say to get votes. That is expected. Other than that, how is she flawed?

I do like your last line that I quoted. Very well put.

seb146

Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:58 am

So, the media wets all over themselves with glee when they are able to put "FBI" and "Hillary" in the same breath but not a peep about Trump's ties to Putin? I do not want you righties complaining about the "liberal" media ever again.

einsteinboricua

Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:59 am

jfklganyc wrote:

I agree...and disagree.

I agree that, within the current structure, the system yielded these two. The process was transparent: the people went to the polls and elected them out of a batch of other candidates. If people don't like the results, that doesn't mean the system is flawed.

The question now is: is the system capable of yielding favorable candidates? I can understand the disdain people have for Clinton and Trump, arguing that there are better candidates to vote for. However, the system is flawed in the sense that your vote has no one way of being interpreted. If someone votes for Trump: are they voting because they support the GOP (even if Trump is despicable)? Are they voting because they truly support Trump (agree with most, if not all, of his positions)? Are they voting against Clinton (they don't like Trump but can't stomach Clinton)? Are they voting because voting third party would make no sense (no compatibility with Clinton, neutral alignment with Trump, but better chance to win over Johnson or Stein)? Are they voting for the policies instead of the person (Trump could kill someone and as long as he remains faithful to the proposed policies, he gets their vote)?

The current system of FPTP coupled with the electoral college is what renders this as flawed. In some state, no matter how you vote, the winner is already determined (the so called safe states). In the swing states is where this comes into play. A candidate can win a 3 way race with 34% of the vote. That is minority rule: 34% can't speak for the other 66%. A minimum threshold should be established then so that everyone can, in good conscience, vote for their preferred candidate (even if they competed in the primaries and did not get the nomination). The system needs to be designed such that the votes are always in the affirmative (a vote for Trump is because the person truly supports Trump and/or his policies, not because they dislike Clinton more or because they don't want to "waste" a vote voting third party). A "none of the above" option also allows people to vote their conscience if their views don't align with any candidate at all. It sends a stronger message than sitting out the election, especially if combined with a 50% threshold.

alberchico
Topic Author

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:05 am

The election is just the beginning of a very long and painful four years, regardless of who wins. It's not exactly going to unison and happiness on Nov 9th. :(

EA CO AS

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:20 am

Headline: Woman who set up a private server for government work, deleted 30,000 e-mails, then took a hammer to her phones, demands transparency...

afcjets

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:34 am

mbmbos wrote:

A Senior Political Analyst at CNN reported that this being released by the GOP is a lie from Hillary.

einsteinboricua wrote:
And now suddenly everyone praises CNN for reporting this, even though they've been hitting CNN (I'm sorry..the Clinton News Network) for covering up for her. What about now?

There really is no way around them reporting a story this big, even MSNBC had to report it. CNN did initially try to play it down though with this banner: ""FBI: New Emails Found Related to Clinton Investigation."

salttee

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:10 am

afcjets wrote:
There really is no way around them reporting a story this big, even MSNBC had to report it. CNN did initially try to play it down though with this banner: ""FBI: New Emails Found Related to Clinton Investigation."

Police normally don't make public announcements of investigations; they announce when and if they file charges. But the republicans have the FBI hyper politicized.

This can be nothing other than old news anyway, yes she used her own server: just like others before her did. Other than the neocons and the Trumpies who are a minority, nobody gives a shit about this E-mail story. Whoever was going to vote for Hillary will still vote for Hillary.

But we can consider this a harbinger of what's to come: eight more years of senseless, wasteful investigations of the Clintons.

seb146

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:22 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Headline: Woman who set up a private server for government work, deleted 30,000 e-mails, then took a hammer to her phones, demands transparency...

Except they found those emails, just like they found the "deleted" Bush emails hosted on a private server owned by the RNC and, yes, she has demanded that the Republican led FBI (Comey was appointed by GWB) release all her emails. And she has been under oath who knows how many times answering questions under oath, so there is that too. But go ahead and believe the network that has to say they are news to get everyone to believe they are news or the orange man. They are much more credible than Hillary. *rolls eyes*

No, Hillary is not perfect. But, she will make a far better president than a man who wants to sue and shut down the media for fact checking and using his own words against him.

sbworcs

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:42 am

Imagine if this were an investigation being reopened into Trump this late in the campaign. It would be another case of the establishment undermining him. The other way round however......

Tugger

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:15 am

DfwRevolution wrote:
DaveFly wrote:

Exactly which part of mishandling top secret information constitutes "nonsense?"

Like many people on this topic you fail to understand what you are talking about. What is "nonsense"? It is what you are speaking when you say what you just said. Hilary Clinton did not mishandle any top secret information, I say that after she has been investigated for months on end and has only been found to have "improperly handled" a small number of confidential items. But no Secret or Top Secret information was found or handled improperly.

Confidential is the lowest classification in the USA currently, it is applied broadly (relatively) and appears on many documents. Over the decades many items have been stamped “Confidential” not because they would damage national security if released, but to indicate some other type of sensitivity. I know for a fact that many (c) documents are mishandled and are sent via email without encryption or otherwise handled improperly, etc. And I guarantee you that all the congressmen grilling Hillary had (c) docs improperly handled in their emails as well. I would call it not uncommon for some (c) docs to be sent and shared as needed unofficially. You can get in trouble for it based on the handling policy alone but not normally for the information itself as it is often not harmful to the USA.

But I don't expect you to understand.

Tugg

coolian2

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:31 am

Shit, I've given confidential briefings when I worked at a bank. The material? Additional information customers could get on their accounts in Internet Banking that we were introducing, and had already teased in information releases.
Confidential is basically "shhhhhh"