Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

727LOVER
Topic Author

Someone arrested for in-person voter fraud...and its a Trump supporter!

Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Oh...the sweet irony :lol:

Police in Des Moines, Iowa, said Friday that they had arrested Terri Lynn Rote, 55, on suspicion of voting twice in the general election.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vot ... 0e69d075a4

einsteinboricua

Re: Someone arrested for in-person voter fraud...and its a Trump supporter!

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Expect comments along the lines of "that's actually an innocent person sent by Democrats to undermine our message".

MaverickM11

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:49 pm

727LOVER wrote:

Police in Des Moines, Iowa, said Friday that they had arrested Terri Lynn Rote, 55, on suspicion of voting twice in the general election.

Wow it's the same party that keeps trying to make it harder for people to vote. What are the odds!

stratosphere

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:48 pm

727LOVER wrote:

Yeah too bad the democrats have a bunch more records of voter fraud than you will ever find on the GOP side. After all that's why they fight the voter ID laws. When Sen John Ford went to prison in Memphis his sister ran for his seat of course they own a funeral home so makes it kind easy to drum up dead voters to vote for you. My take is no ID no vote. People of color and or little means have no problem producing ID for welfare and food stamps so why the issues for voting unless you are committing some kind of fraud.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/judg ... tion-fraud

MaverickM11

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:00 pm

stratosphere wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

Yeah too bad the democrats have a bunch more records of voter fraud than you will ever find on the GOP side.

Citation or GTFO. Just show yourself out because you won't find any citation. Bye!

Dutchy

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:05 pm

727LOVER wrote:

It's not only ironic, but its hilarious.

Oh, please America, put your elections of to the date Donald thought it was, 28th of november so we can enjoy this comedy show for a bit longer ;-)

BTW a study found that of all the votes cast between 2000 and 2014, 1bn plus, only 31 were fraudulent, seems not to be the biggest problem in the American electoral proces.

blueflyer

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:09 pm

So now we can be grateful that a Republican has demonstrated that committing voter fraud is much harder than it seems and we should feel renewed confidence in our electoral process.

That or Republicans aren't just that smart when it comes to committing fraud...

:P

Dutchy wrote:
BTW a study found that of all the votes cast between 2000 and 2014, 1bn plus, only 31 were fraudulent, seems not to be the biggest problem in the American electoral proces.

Republican talking points are not very often evidence-based.

salttee

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:14 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Yeah too bad the democrats have a bunch more records of voter fraud than you will ever find on the GOP side. After all that's why they fight the voter ID laws. When Sen John Ford went to prison in Memphis his sister ran for his seat of course they own a funeral home so makes it kind easy to drum up dead voters to vote for you. My take is no ID no vote. People of color and or little means have no problem producing ID for welfare and food stamps so why the issues for voting unless you are committing some kind of fraud.

Let's see, 11 years ago someone tried to steal two votes in an election in Tennessee. Wow

This latest story from Iowa wouldn't be any more important than that were it not for the fact that Trump (and people like you) are under the delusion that the Democrats are going to "steal" this presidential election.

Stealing a presidential election would require large scale efforts in multiple states, which would make it a certainty that the scheme would be uncovered. The accusation of Dem voter fraud by Trump is silly.

MaverickM11

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:

And the GOP controls about 70% of the state legislatures so....if the Democrats are trying to fraudulently win elections they're doing a *terrible* job.

blueflyer wrote:

Everybody knows math has a liberal bias :lol:

Dutchy

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:27 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Everybody knows math has a liberal bias :lol:

Haha, and facts too, so much liberal bias in society #factfreezone

einsteinboricua

Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:53 am

blueflyer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I'll quote Mrs. Betty Bowers's conservative jargon:
1. Things with a notorious liberal bias: FACTS
2. Inconvenient facts: LIES
3. Convenient lies: POLITICS.

coolian2

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:34 am

The poll isn't rigged for us! She wasn't even successful! Attempted fraud? You don't get a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry! - Donald Trump

727LOVER
Topic Author

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:01 am

stratosphere wrote:
. My take is no ID no vote. People of color and or little means have no problem producing ID for welfare and food stamps so why the issues for voting unless you are committing some kind of fraud.

You could have made the EXACT same point by saying

People have no problem producing ID for welfare and food stamps so why the issues for voting unless you are committing some kind of fraud

BUT...you said this

stratosphere wrote:
People of color

Why did you say that?

Because it speaks volumes

einsteinboricua

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:28 am

stratosphere wrote:
My take is no ID no vote.

I'm not going to address what was said after this since 727Lover already made a very good observation and one I hope to see you attempt to defend yourself against. I will address this quoted statement.

My take is: if ID is required, the government needs to provide it free of charge. That includes all documents to get such an ID. You go fill out papers only to find that you need your birth certificate. So you stand in line for the birth certificate for which you have to pay to get. You wait and then it arrives (some agencies issue it immediately; others just mail it). So now you have to go get in line for pictures (some agencies require you bring pictures or that you pay for their services). So now you have your picture and have to wait to be helped by an agent and then your ID is either given to you that same day or mailed. A salaried employee could have the luxury to do this in one day. A part-time employee? A student? Those who are poor? Not so much.

If ID is required, accept any and all forms that certify the person. Why is it that a gun permit serves as ID to vote but a student ID does not? What does a gun permit have that a student ID cannot fulfill?

"Oh, but to open a bank account you need an ID" Not necessarily. When I opened my very first bank account all I showed was my student ID and verbally informed everything else (SSN, DOB, Address, etc.) Yet this student did not authorize me to vote back home. No. The government issues a special electoral ID, free of charge. Without it, you may be in the rolls, but you don't get a ballot (not even a provisional one). However, assuming you have the necessary items, you show up to the mall or the offices or the universities where they are registering, wait your turn and voila: you're registered AND have THE ID needed to vote.

So, bottom line: if ID is going to be mandated, then help your citizens get it. Surely, a government administration that toes the line of "we're not seeking to disenfranchise voters; we just want to prevent fraud" should have no problem driving to poorer areas to register voters there so that they too have an ID ready to go.

"It's not the government's job to do that. They should take personal responsibility and get it themselves." It became the government's burden the moment they sign a voter ID law. Alabama, for example, is a prime example of imposing a burden on voters by closing the DMVs of predominantly black and poor counties yet requiring them to get an ID to vote. If that is not disenfranchising voters, I don't know what it.

OA412

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:47 pm

To, once again, quote the great Bart Simpson, the ironing is delicious!

Ladies and gentleman, the face of voter fraud in America:
Dutchy wrote:

Pretty much, but get out the pitchforks, it's a huge problem. First order of business, let's whip up the masses in a hysterical frenzy over the bogus notion of voter fraud in America and make it more difficult for the Blacks and Browns, who overwhelmingly swing Democratic, to vote.
Dutchy wrote:
Oh, please America, put your elections of to the date Donald thought it was, 28th of november so we can enjoy this comedy show for a bit longer

Ugh November 8 can't come soon enough.
blueflyer wrote:

Pretty much. Climate change is a hoax, abortion at nine months, runaway jury verdicts. All Republican talking points, none grounded in actual facts and data.
MaverickM11 wrote:
Everybody knows math has a liberal bias

I wish I could say I haven't heard someone basically make this argument.
Dutchy wrote:
Haha, and facts too, so much liberal bias in society #factfreezone

Ditto this.
727LOVER wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
People of color

Why did you say that?

Indeed. I'd love to see an explanation for that one.

LMP737

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:03 pm

stratosphere wrote:

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/judg ... tion-fraud

The GOP controls the house, senate along with the majority of governorship's and state legislatures. Kind of refutes your argument that Democrats are somehow more guilty of voter fraud than the GOP.

YZF101

Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:34 am

If guilty, throw the book at her, that's a prison offense, no?. There's enough BS in this election cycle, we really don't need to see this.

seb146

Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:44 am

And now, it looks like the Human Cheeto is thinking he can get people to vote for him four or five times in Colorado. While still insisting the system is rigged against him

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 0edc31e17f

Veetwo

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

These are isolated incidents done by individuals. Not systematic, planned operations by political parties. The Democrats have generally been the party to engage in vote rigging and election fraud in the USA. Just look at the history of Illinois and Chicago... its endemic.

coolian2

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 pm

One day you're going to have to provide proof eh

einsteinboricua

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:38 am

Veetwo wrote:
Just look at the history of Illinois and Chicago... its endemic.

Yes...that's why they have a Republican governor and a Republican senator. Because Democrats are involved in SO much fraud...

zkojq

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:20 am

More voter fraud for Trump. This time from a foreign national. The clown in question is a former Auckland mayoral candidate (and the only person who has ever grabbed the microphone and started chanting Allahu Akbah during an Auckland Mayoral Debate). Oh and he also recently got a DUI conviction. Deplorable indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_7jp1Sr ... e=youtu.be

seb146

Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:25 am

Trump poll watchers are at it too

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... n=politics

This is how an election is rigged.

seb146

Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:26 am

More voter intimidation and attempted rigging

http://www.kgw.com/news/politics/oregon ... /348697432

tommy1808

Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:57 am

seb146 wrote:
More voter intimidation and attempted rigging

I start to wonder how many Trump supporting SA troops will haven been arrested by the end of the election day.

Best regards
Thomas

ikramerica

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 am

It happens all the time. Because our system doesn't require ID, and because many states never unregister you when you fail to vote. So you move to another state and are registered twice or three times. Tiffany Trump is registered twice.

The crime is the act of voting twice.

But there is rampant fraud in the USA. California makes it very easy to get unverified ballots by mail. Whenever it's discovered it's "an error" of course.

But beyond that, illegal immigration has increased the number of legal voters (children, relatives, friends) who vote in sympathy. Without the sheer numbers, that wouldn't happen. Which is why the Democrat party fights tooth and nail to allow them in.

PlanesNTrains

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:23 am

727LOVER wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
. My take is no ID no vote. People of color and or little means have no problem producing ID for welfare and food stamps so why the issues for voting unless you are committing some kind of fraud.

You could have made the EXACT same point by saying

People have no problem producing ID for welfare and food stamps so why the issues for voting unless you are committing some kind of fraud

BUT...you said this

stratosphere wrote:
People of color

Why did you say that?

Without getting into his point of view, I think much of the pushback against voter ID laws has been because it overwhelmingly affects the poor and minorities. I would think the context of his response is based on that. Perhaps he can clarify, though.

salttee

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:00 pm

ikramerica wrote:
there is rampant fraud in the USA.

If so, then it should be easy for you to give some actual evidence of this. Let's see that evidence.

Siren

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:20 pm

ikramerica wrote:
But there is rampant fraud in the USA. California makes it very easy to get unverified ballots by mail. Whenever it's discovered it's "an error" of course.

But beyond that, illegal immigration has increased the number of legal voters (children, relatives, friends) who vote in sympathy. Without the sheer numbers, that wouldn't happen. Which is why the Democrat party fights tooth and nail to allow them in.

Claims of rampant voter fraud are lies. Period. There is no proof that has ever been offered of this. None. It's a lie created by the Republicans to claim legitimacy of their illegal gerrymanders, and to delegitimize the Democratic majority.

And it's DEMOCRATIC Party, not "Democrat party".

And I can also speak for California - you are WRONG about that. Every vote-by-mail ballot is verified, by checking the signature of the person returning it against the signature in the DMV database. If the signature does not match, the ballot is thrown out and not counted.