Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1638
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:11 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/28/us/bu ... efuge.html

what do you all think? white privilege? or just a really arrogant prosecutors that turned off the jury?
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:21 pm

White privilege beyond a shadow of doubt. See also: Standing Rock.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18928
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:51 pm

What on earth would give you the impression that a bunch of redneck inbred welfare queens living off the government's land for decades without paying a dime and then violently taking over federal property, while black men are killed for selling CDs or loose cigarettes, would have anything to do with skin color? That's just crazy talk!
 
ContentCreator
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:43 pm

It was entertaining watching that old guy get shot in the face on television. Too bad that Chevy Tahoe ™ with Goodyear ™ Snowblaster Tires didn't stand up to the commercials thought.

As for white privileged... I don't think so. The case had been going on for so long (in Nevada) and the Obama administration was fearful of another Waco. I enjoy a bloody siege every once in a while though- ruined lives on one side and decades long government careers ended by violence on the other. Exciting! Keeps both sides in check.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:01 am

ContentCreator wrote:
It was entertaining watching that old guy get shot in the face on television. Too bad that Chevy Tahoe ™ with Goodyear ™ Snowblaster Tires didn't stand up to the commercials thought.

As for white privileged... I don't think so. The case had been going on for so long (in Nevada) and the Obama administration was fearful of another Waco. I enjoy a bloody siege every once in a while though- ruined lives on one side and decades long government careers ended by violence on the other. Exciting! Keeps both sides in check.


It absolutely is white privilege. Look at what is going on in North Dakota vs. what happened with the Bundy clan. They called for armed uprising against the government. And they trashed that office. All because daddy Bundy does not want to pay grazing fees on public land. Another classic example of "if I get the far right and MSM behind me, I will be free."
 
User avatar
aerorobnz
Posts: 8435
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:43 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:48 am

They should have been shot dead on site so that they never went to trial.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 14619
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:22 am

ContentCreator wrote:
white privileged... I don't think so.

Well, at least three of those words are accurate. :roll:

It is the height of willful obliviousness to come to that conclusion, relative to the treatment by government agents towards people of color.

Funny, they sure don't seem to be fearing "another Waco" at Standing Rock, despite corrupting land that those people lay (in this case, legitimate!) claim to.

Truly disconcerting that one could choose to be so clueless as to the reality of a situation.
 
ContentCreator
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:21 pm

The delusion in this thread is amazing. Nothing to do with better lawyers, nothing to do with the nuances of the case, its decade long history (with precedent), nothing to do with any of that. Everyone was in on it. Its all because they were white they were acquitted.

Did you see the video of those Black and Hispanic Clinton supporters beating that homeless woman, asking her where Trump was to save her while she was being assaulted on the ground and laughed at? Was that white privilege? Can you IMAGINE the outrage if white trump supporters were doing that to a black homeless lady? It would be ALL OVER the news and people here would be calling them racist pigs, etc. But nothing...nothing at all.

White privilege? Please.
 
Hillis
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:31 pm

Native Americans protesting on THEIR LAND to keep a pipeline that could ruin their sanctuary from being built are shot with rubber bullets, put in dog cages, and strip searched in the open. A bunch of crazed, white cowboys who weren't even from that area are acquitted after that standoff.

Yes, White Privilige beyond a dout.
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:35 pm

ContentCreator wrote:
The delusion in this thread is amazing. Nothing to do with better lawyers, nothing to do with the nuances of the case, its decade long history (with precedent), nothing to do with any of that. Everyone was in on it. Its all because they were white they were acquitted.

Did you see the video of those Black and Hispanic Clinton supporters beating that homeless woman, asking her where Trump was to save her while she was being assaulted on the ground and laughed at? Was that white privilege? Can you IMAGINE the outrage if white trump supporters were doing that to a black homeless lady? It would be ALL OVER the news and people here would be calling them racist pigs, etc. But nothing...nothing at all.

White privilege? Please.

Post the video.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1638
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Hillis wrote:
Native Americans protesting on THEIR LAND to keep a pipeline that could ruin their sanctuary from being built are shot with rubber bullets, put in dog cages, and strip searched in the open. A bunch of crazed, white cowboys who weren't even from that area are acquitted after that standoff.

Yes, White Privilige beyond a dout.



Exactly, it's a messed up world we are living in.
If the government had treated the Bundy's this way. the public would of gone nuts. But it's perfectly ok to do this to Native Americans.
Why isn't our president doing anything about this? Ask yourself that question?

Also ask yourself. who is in charge of the FBI? why are they allowed to show blatant discrimination?
Last edited by DLFREEBIRD on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
 
blueflyer
Posts: 4352
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:34 pm

I think it is white privilege that the siege lasted as long as it did.

I don't think it is white privilege that the Bundy brothers were acquitted. I think it has a lot more to do with members of the jury wanting to send a signal to Washington that they're beyond frustrated with official policy regarding the use of and access to federal land. The Bundy brothers are not even popular locally, the local population did very little to help them throughout their occupation. Their cause, on the other hand, is.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1638
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:43 pm

81% of the land in Nevada is owned by the federal government. It is owned because most of the land is in desert terrain. Water is scarce and has to be available to develop communities. Our government can't just sell public land not when there is a water shortage. You need water to sustain a community otherwise you are going to have serious problems down the road. So land development in Nevada has been controlled for decades because of it's limited water resources. California should of done the same thing, otherwise they wouldn't be in the mess they are in now.

.

Second Nevada does not have the tax revenue to be the caretaker of the land. That is why the Federal government has been the care taker. The state of Nevada can't even afford public schooling.. Our children scores are an embarrassment. So how are we going to pay for the land upkeep? . The grazing fee's collected by the Federal government don't even pay for the upkeep of the land and the damage done by cattle. They can't raise the rates, because then most ranchers won't be able to pay the grazing fee's.
Most ranches understand paying a grazing fee to the federal goverment is a bargain That is why you don't see other ranchers protesting. In the past the state of Nevada has been a dumping ground for our nations radioactive waste. If the state gets control of the land and sells it. Which they will have to do since they can't afford to take care of it. . The only ones interested in buying desert terrains are going to be corporations who will then turn Nevada back into our nations radioactive dump.



The Bundy's family is very short sighted and so are their followers imo
 
CPH-R
Posts: 6168
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 5:19 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:26 pm

The prosecution botched their job, the defense got extremely lucky with that jury member that got thrown off (how on earth he got through jury selection is beyond me), and the remaining jurors were, not to put a finer point on it, morons who apparently didn't grasp the legal understanding of 'conspiracy'.

Hopefully the Nevada prosecution team will take their job a bit more seriously, so all in all justice should still come to the Bundy clan in due time.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22306
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:45 am

CPH-R wrote:
The prosecution botched their job, the defense got extremely lucky with that jury member that got thrown off (how on earth he got through jury selection is beyond me), and the remaining jurors were, not to put a finer point on it, morons who apparently didn't grasp the legal understanding of 'conspiracy'.


So evidently, there is a requirement for that charge that they had to plan to harm the people at the wildlife refuge. So basically the Prosecution chose the wrong charges.

Something in me wonders if it wasn't a sympathtic prosecutor who threw the case.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:17 am

Gosh, both sides are right here. Yes, it was white privilege. But, at least the government tried to do something about it. Each cultural group thinks certain laws do not apply to them. And the government often tacitly endorses these views by failing to take action. Urban chicago is one example. Where are government troops there? The Texas Mexico border is another.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22306
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:57 am

Flighty wrote:
Urban chicago is one example. Where are government troops there? The Texas Mexico border is another.


If a group like BLM takes over a federal facility in Chicago, we will see that. The Texas-Mexico border is swarming with ICE agents.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24469
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:49 am

The oil pipeline was to go through Bismark, but the people rejected that idea because they did not want the threat of a toxic spill in their water and land.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4097616-pip ... tamination
 
VeeOne
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:23 pm

coolian2 wrote:
ContentCreator wrote:
The delusion in this thread is amazing. Nothing to do with better lawyers, nothing to do with the nuances of the case, its decade long history (with precedent), nothing to do with any of that. Everyone was in on it. Its all because they were white they were acquitted.

Did you see the video of those Black and Hispanic Clinton supporters beating that homeless woman, asking her where Trump was to save her while she was being assaulted on the ground and laughed at? Was that white privilege? Can you IMAGINE the outrage if white trump supporters were doing that to a black homeless lady? It would be ALL OVER the news and people here would be calling them racist pigs, etc. But nothing...nothing at all.

White privilege? Please.

Post the video.


Just search it on YouTube. It's everywhere.
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 6297
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:38 pm

Hillis wrote:
Native Americans protesting on THEIR LAND to keep a pipeline that could ruin their sanctuary from being built are shot with rubber bullets, put in dog cages, and strip searched in the open. A bunch of crazed, white cowboys who weren't even from that area are acquitted after that standoff.


The natives simply forgot their AR-15s and their snacks. If we suppose that race does not play a role, then that's their fault. Get armed and seize federal land, that's the message!

The natives and the blacks should found their own NRA, and try to get as much political clout as possible.

aerorobnz wrote:
They should have been shot dead on site so that they never went to trial.


Hell, YES! I expect from the police the same mature and well-chosen brutality levels - all across the country!


David
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14893
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:22 pm

VeeOne wrote:
Post the video.


Just search it on YouTube. It's everywhere.


as per Forum rules you are required to back your claims up,.....

best regards
Thomas
 
VeeOne
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:03 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
VeeOne wrote:
Post the video.


Just search it on YouTube. It's everywhere.


as per Forum rules you are required to back your claims up,.....

best regards
Thomas


Go to YouTube and type in "Clinton supporters homeless woman" and click on the first video. How more clear can i be?
 
User avatar
akiss20
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:50 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:29 pm

VeeOne wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VeeOne wrote:

Just search it on YouTube. It's everywhere.


as per Forum rules you are required to back your claims up,.....

best regards
Thomas


Go to YouTube and type in "Clinton supporters homeless woman" and click on the first video. How more clear can i be?


By providing the link to the evidence that supports your claim. Like anyone who makes a valid argument does.
 
coolian2
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:34 pm

VeeOne wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
VeeOne wrote:

Just search it on YouTube. It's everywhere.


as per Forum rules you are required to back your claims up,.....

best regards
Thomas


Go to YouTube and type in "Clinton supporters homeless woman" and click on the first video. How more clear can i be?

Post it yourself if you want to make these claims.

Also nice effort making an alternate account just to back Trump. Why not just be open about being an orangutan under your normal airliners.net alias? Too ashamed?
 
VeeOne
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:52 pm

coolian2 wrote:
VeeOne wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

as per Forum rules you are required to back your claims up,.....

best regards
Thomas


Go to YouTube and type in "Clinton supporters homeless woman" and click on the first video. How more clear can i be?

Post it yourself if you want to make these claims.

Also nice effort making an alternate account just to back Trump. Why not just be open about being an orangutan under your normal airliners.net alias? Too ashamed?


I'm a Clinton supporter. I'd never vote for Trump. Just because you support one candidate doesn't mean you support everything they do fyi.
 
User avatar
zckls04
Posts: 2785
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:55 pm

ContentCreator wrote:
Did you see the video of those Black and Hispanic Clinton supporters beating that homeless woman, asking her where Trump was to save her while she was being assaulted on the ground and laughed at? Was that white privilege? Can you IMAGINE the outrage if white trump supporters were doing that to a black homeless lady? It would be ALL OVER the news and people here would be calling them racist pigs, etc. But nothing...nothing at all.

White privilege? Please.


The homeless woman was black, IIRC, so not sure how much that tells us about white privilege, particularly given that many of the people haranguing her were black (or members of other minorities). Her signs were covered in things like "Fuck Mexico", so it's also questionable whether the crowd were really Clinton supporters (Clinton isn't mentioned in the video as far as I can tell) or just angry at her racist placards. She also wasn't beaten- it appears she was tripped up, not that that makes that or the subsequent appalling behavior of the crowd any less uncomfortable to watch.

(for those too idle to search, here's the clip in question- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lqoQ92gHsU )
 
LMP737
Posts: 6313
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 pm

flyingturtle wrote:

The natives and the blacks should found their own NRA, and try to get as much political clout as possible.



That would be one way to get the GOP to support gun control.
 
VeeOne
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:17 pm

zckls04 wrote:
ContentCreator wrote:
Did you see the video of those Black and Hispanic Clinton supporters beating that homeless woman, asking her where Trump was to save her while she was being assaulted on the ground and laughed at? Was that white privilege? Can you IMAGINE the outrage if white trump supporters were doing that to a black homeless lady? It would be ALL OVER the news and people here would be calling them racist pigs, etc. But nothing...nothing at all.

White privilege? Please.


The homeless woman was black, IIRC, so not sure how much that tells us about white privilege, particularly given that many of the people haranguing her were black (or members of other minorities). Her signs were covered in things like "Fuck Mexico", so it's also questionable whether the crowd were really Clinton supporters (Clinton isn't mentioned in the video as far as I can tell) or just angry at her racist placards. She also wasn't beaten- it appears she was tripped up, not that that makes that or the subsequent appalling behavior of the crowd any less uncomfortable to watch.

(for those too idle to search, here's the clip in question- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lqoQ92gHsU )


The whole point is that Trump doesn't have a lock on garbage supporters. And minorities can be racist and privileged too.
 
Hillis
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Maybe the Fed should have taken a page out of what we see from local law enforcement when it comes to far too many African-Americans, and just riddled them with holes?

This will only embolden idiots like these.
 
User avatar
zckls04
Posts: 2785
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:30 pm

VeeOne wrote:
The whole point is that Trump doesn't have a lock on garbage supporters. And minorities can be racist and privileged too.


Without a doubt. But I've never found "this dumbass supports politican X, so politician X is terrible" a particularly convincing argument anyway; this guilt by association thing doesn't resonate for me. All politicians have some supporters who are human garbage- that's the nature of being in a country of 300 million people.

Frankly if you need to examine Trump and Clinton's supporters to be able to decide between the two candidates (especially given the chasmic gap between their policies and personalities) then you probably shouldn't be voting anyway.
 
Veetwo
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:48 am

I totally agree.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1638
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:16 am

DocLightning wrote:
CPH-R wrote:
The prosecution botched their job, the defense got extremely lucky with that jury member that got thrown off (how on earth he got through jury selection is beyond me), and the remaining jurors were, not to put a finer point on it, morons who apparently didn't grasp the legal understanding of 'conspiracy'.


So evidently, there is a requirement for that charge that they had to plan to harm the people at the wildlife refuge. So basically the Prosecution chose the wrong charges.

Something in me wonders if it wasn't a sympathtic prosecutor who threw the case.


then why did the FBI feel the need to shoot one of them dead?
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 22306
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:57 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
[
then why did the FBI feel the need to shoot one of them dead?


The FBI is not a monolithic organization. The prosecutor is not the same as the agents who captured the suspects.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1638
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:06 am

I agree our government is NOT an monolithic organization. On one hand we have Field .agents fearing for their lives and discharging their weapons. Yet the prosecutors were unable to prove to a jury that the group mean anybody any harm. How messed up is that?
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 6297
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Bundy Brothers Acquitted

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:38 am

LMP737 wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:

The natives and the blacks should found their own NRA, and try to get as much political clout as possible.



That would be one way to get the GOP to support gun control.


YAY! (There was a moment when Reagan supported gun control. When it meant disarming the blacks.)

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
then why did the FBI feel the need to shoot one of them dead?


Threatening behaviour by a person known to be armed?

Hillis wrote:
Maybe the Fed should have taken a page out of what we see from local law enforcement when it comes to far too many African-Americans, and just riddled them with holes?


I'm completely fine with that. The law should protect all people equally. Equal treatment means one of two things - either better treatment for somebody... or worse treatment for somebody else.

David

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arion640, Badstig, hkg82, journeyperson and 34 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos