Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Pipinos1014
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Opening Olympic Airways again

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:08 pm

I want to start Olympic Airways again who wants to help?
 
User avatar
hOMSaR
Moderator
Posts: 2360
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Count me in. I'll be in charge of armchair fleet planning. Their regional fleet should be CS100s and CS300s. Medium-haul: A321 neo, long haul 787. Maybe pick up some used 777s from Emirates to start while waiting for delivery.
I was raised by a cup of coffee.
 
User avatar
NYCRuss
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:44 pm

hOMSaR wrote:
Count me in. I'll be in charge of armchair fleet planning. Their regional fleet should be CS100s and CS300s. Medium-haul: A321 neo, long haul 787. Maybe pick up some used 777s from Emirates to start while waiting for delivery.

That fleet won't work. We need 757s. But first we need Boeing to start making them again. 757-200 MAX FTW.
 
ryan78
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:07 am

Pipinos1014 wrote:
I want to start Olympic Airways again who wants to help?


Good for you! Where should I wire the funds too? Mods please delete this thread...
 
User avatar
TheLion
Posts: 691
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:37 am

Love this thread. I think we should use this to create a virtual airline ;)
 
User avatar
UnitedIsBae
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:39 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:39 am

i could be head of catering
free food on all flights
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going PERIOD
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:40 am

NYCRuss wrote:
hOMSaR wrote:
Count me in. I'll be in charge of armchair fleet planning. Their regional fleet should be CS100s and CS300s. Medium-haul: A321 neo, long haul 787. Maybe pick up some used 777s from Emirates to start while waiting for delivery.

That fleet won't work. We need 757s. But first we need Boeing to start making them again. 757-200 MAX FTW.


That's not aggressive enough.

120 x A380s with another 80 options.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
UnitedIsBae
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:39 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:45 am

777Jet wrote:
NYCRuss wrote:
hOMSaR wrote:
Count me in. I'll be in charge of armchair fleet planning. Their regional fleet should be CS100s and CS300s. Medium-haul: A321 neo, long haul 787. Maybe pick up some used 777s from Emirates to start while waiting for delivery.

That fleet won't work. We need 757s. But first we need Boeing to start making them again. 757-200 MAX FTW.


That's not aggressive enough.

120 x A380s with another 80 options.

how about high density lets say 650 for domestic flights?
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going PERIOD
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:54 am

UnitedIsBae wrote:
777Jet wrote:
NYCRuss wrote:
That fleet won't work. We need 757s. But first we need Boeing to start making them again. 757-200 MAX FTW.


That's not aggressive enough.

120 x A380s with another 80 options.

how about high density lets say 650 for domestic flights?


Sounds about right.

We will need a few dozen in an ULCC config of about 800 seats (11 abreast?) for the European leisure routes, and about 20 in an all premium config for the $$$ routes.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
UnitedIsBae
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:39 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:04 am

so what about long haul? 787-10?
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going PERIOD
 
User avatar
NYCRuss
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:07 am

UnitedIsBae wrote:
so what about long haul? 787-10?

We need really long haul. 778. Order a hundred.
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:28 am

Guys, please! DC-10s, DC-10s everywhere ;)
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
User avatar
UnitedIsBae
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:39 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:30 am

KLDC10 wrote:
Guys, please! DC-10s, DC-10s everywhere ;)

I think MD-11s might be a little better, more modern and bascially the same thing
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going PERIOD
 
User avatar
vhqpa
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:57 am

Forget the DC-10!

Fleet should be:

Vickers Viscount (RR Dart FTW!! )
Vickers Vanguard
Boeing 727-200
Vickers Super VC-10
Lockheed L-1011-250
Lockheed L-1011-500
Boeing 747-200B
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"
 
alfa164
Posts: 3717
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:01 am

vhqpa wrote:
Forget the DC-10!

Fleet should be:

Vickers Viscount (RR Dart FTW!! )
Vickers Vanguard
Boeing 727-200
Vickers Super VC-10
Lockheed L-1011-250
Lockheed L-1011-500
Boeing 747-200B

Wrong again, UK breath! If we want to do Olympic right, we need Concordes. New OEM Concordes. ;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
rg787
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:02 am

What about the cargo division? I vote for 150 748Fs with no nose cargo door
 
User avatar
vhqpa
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:07 am

alfa164 wrote:
vhqpa wrote:
Forget the DC-10!

Fleet should be:

Vickers Viscount (RR Dart FTW!! )
Vickers Vanguard
Boeing 727-200
Vickers Super VC-10
Lockheed L-1011-250
Lockheed L-1011-500
Boeing 747-200B

Wrong again, UK breath! If we want to do Olympic right, we need Concordes. New OEM Concordes. ;)


100% I can't believe I forgot Concorde It's even in my signature! I'll give Airbus a call and get them to dust off the blueprints.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"
 
User avatar
NYCRuss
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:14 am

rg787 wrote:
What about the cargo division? I vote for 150 748Fs with no nose cargo door

Make them combis for business in the Canadian arctic.
 
Devsilver
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:29 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 am

I see no 747SP, 753, or 736. This airline will surely fail.
 
User avatar
hOMSaR
Moderator
Posts: 2360
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:55 am

No. You guys take other jobs. I already called fleet planner.
I was raised by a cup of coffee.
 
PanzerPowner
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:34 am

I say we build a new terminal at Athens incorperating the entire city of athens inside the terminal!
Well uh, I obviously decided to refine this but i dont know how.
 
rg787
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:57 am

NYCRuss wrote:
rg787 wrote:
What about the cargo division? I vote for 150 748Fs with no nose cargo door

Make them combis for business in the Canadian arctic.


YESSS!!!!! And while we are at it, buy some 737-200 MADMAXNEO for this too. Oh, and we got to buy lots of 757 to haul fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
User avatar
UnitedIsBae
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:39 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:35 am

hOMSaR wrote:
No. You guys take other jobs. I already called fleet planner.


ill be head of catering
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going PERIOD
 
benbeny
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Count me in as FSX chief pilot and instructor!
 
DDR
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:05 pm

I Want to be Director of Route Planning!
 
LAH1
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:28 pm

I'd like the in flight entertainment job. I've already booked Nana Mouskouri to make a dvd that can be played end to end as the houmous is being served slowly from the cart.as another FA plays the bouzouki. BTW that's one of the criteria for employment, they have to be able to play the thing.
 
User avatar
northstardc4m
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2000 11:23 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:40 am

No no no...
737-200s, 737-400s and A340-300s obviously...

wait... why does that sound familiar?
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
 
bgm
Posts: 2511
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:58 am

Doesn't Olympic already exist?

https://www.olympicair.com

They can dust off those large metal tubes with hair dryers attached @ ATH and they'll be good to go! :D
 
User avatar
Pipinos1014
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:00 pm

We should get some 777-300s and put them on Ath-Jfk, Jfk-Ath, and Ath-Yyz, Yyz-Ath daily.
 
User avatar
Pipinos1014
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:46 pm

bgm wrote:
Doesn't Olympic already exist?

https://www.olympicair.com

They can dust off those large metal tubes with hair dryers attached @ ATH and they'll be good to go! :D


That's Olympic Air, it is owned by Aegean. Olympic Airways closed in 2009
 
lewis
Posts: 3586
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 1999 5:41 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:15 am

LAH1 wrote:
I'd like the in flight entertainment job. I've already booked Nana Mouskouri to make a dvd that can be played end to end as the houmous is being served slowly from the cart.as another FA plays the bouzouki. BTW that's one of the criteria for employment, they have to be able to play the thing.


If you wanna write stereotypical (and borderline offensive) posts, at least know your cuisine. Hummus has nothing to do with Greece or Greek food.
 
LAH1
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:14 pm

lewis wrote:
LAH1 wrote:
I'd like the in flight entertainment job. I've already booked Nana Mouskouri to make a dvd that can be played end to end as the houmous is being served slowly from the cart.as another FA plays the bouzouki. BTW that's one of the criteria for employment, they have to be able to play the thing.


If you wanna write stereotypical (and borderline offensive) posts, at least know your cuisine. Hummus has nothing to do with Greece or Greek food.


If that's your idea of stereotypical or borderline offensive I suggest you stop reading adult discussion web sites as this one is obviously out of your league. You have a problem with Nana Mouskouri? I have plenty of her LP's, yep I'm that old and have no problem with it at all.. And anything wrong with Egyptian food on an International Airline? Get a life buddy.
 
lewis
Posts: 3586
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 1999 5:41 am

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:26 am

LAH1 wrote:
lewis wrote:
LAH1 wrote:
I'd like the in flight entertainment job. I've already booked Nana Mouskouri to make a dvd that can be played end to end as the houmous is being served slowly from the cart.as another FA plays the bouzouki. BTW that's one of the criteria for employment, they have to be able to play the thing.


If you wanna write stereotypical (and borderline offensive) posts, at least know your cuisine. Hummus has nothing to do with Greece or Greek food.


If that's your idea of stereotypical or borderline offensive I suggest you stop reading adult discussion web sites as this one is obviously out of your league. You have a problem with Nana Mouskouri? I have plenty of her LP's, yep I'm that old and have no problem with it at all.. And anything wrong with Egyptian food on an International Airline? Get a life buddy.


I just said that hummus is not part of the greek cuisine, don't be so irritable and get that sand out of there. Maybe you should have chosen something more appropriate, like tzatziki if you want to paint a stereotypical greek image on a plane? Someone does need to get a life.
 
RacheyFlies
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:58 am

hOMSaR wrote:
Count me in. I'll be in charge of armchair fleet planning. Their regional fleet should be CS100s and CS300s. Medium-haul: A321 neo, long haul 787. Maybe pick up some used 777s from Emirates to start while waiting for delivery.

The next plane I am thinking they must buy the A350-900 or -1000 for further Long Haul expansion. They need more Jet types like A321, 737-900ER and more Regional Jets. I think the airline may also have join Oneworld too. They may also operate IFE too unlike Aegean Airlines.
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:
 
User avatar
Pipinos1014
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Re: Opening Olympic Airways again

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm

We can also buy some 747-8's and the two A340-300's that Olympic has parked at Athens.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: marcelh, olle, stackelberg, Thunderboltdrgn, Tugger and 37 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos