Kiwirob

Re: Prediction Time: POTUS Election

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:53 am

Hahaha fucking haha, you numpty fools.

Dreadnought

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:56 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Trump has a string of failed businesses. He has a history of reneging on his contractors. If he runs America the way he ran his companies you'd probably in for a bumpy ride in the next four years.

He's owned and/or operated around 75 businesses in his life, a half-dozen of which were failures. That's an excellent track record. 80% of all businesses fail in the first 5 years. 96% fail in the first 10 years.

"reneging on his contractors"? Those are called Disputes. In business it happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. You order something from a supplier and you get something else, or they mis-bill you, or their performance does not meet standards. My company is relatively tiny (about $70 million turnover), and we have 10 to 20 such disputes per month with our suppliers, and we have about 100 or more each month with our customers (obviously we have a lot more customers than suppliers).

If you bought into that BS about "failed businesses" and "reneging on his contractors", you've been listening to propaganda. He knows how to run a business. He also knows how to delegate, and chose competent people to run their departments. That alone makes him far more qualified than the current occupant, never mind Hillary who meets pretty much every clinical criteria of being a sociopath.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

DarkSnowyNight

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:57 am

DocLightning wrote:

And I hate to say it, but I'd bet that if it had been Bernie, I think we would not be looking at a President Trump.

You don't say. Establishment democrats have fucked this up on an epic level.

I never, EVER, want to hear about 'electability' in a primary again.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

seahawk

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:01 am

MAGA victory. Now America can be fixed. It will start with the supreme court.

727LOVER

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:02 am

New Hampshire
North Carolina
Florida
Michigan
Wisconsin
Pennsylvania

Nate Silver missed ALL of them :(
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

FriscoHeavy

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:04 am

Go Trump! What an amazing day. I can't sleep I'm so excited.

Time to Drain the Swamp and get rid of the political elite!
Whatever

LAX772LR

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:05 am

By far the most confounding stat of the night:

According to CNN exit polling, 33% of Latino males and 26% of Latinas..... voted for Trump.

I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

EA CO AS

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:06 am

I guess I have to walk back my prediction from the other thread where I showed Trump getting 286 Electoral Votes.... ;)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

cpd

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:13 am

Maybe he can win and make the standard terms if government 10 years or more. :) That would be superb. :)

This is too good to be true. :)

LittleFokker

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:14 am

I will never go broke betting on the stupidity of this country. America fails again. I don't want to raise my son where arrogance is valued more than facts, where guns are worshipped more than life, where it's perfectly okay to piss on the poor, and misogyny is a celebrated virtue. America is dead to me, I am done.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

Dutchy

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:16 am

OMG good luck America and the rest of the world.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

727LOVER

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:21 am

LOL :lol:

Canada's main immigration website has crashed...

coincidence???

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-immig ... 36610.html
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

alberchico

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:22 am

LAX772LR wrote:

According to CNN exit polling, 33% of Latino males and 26% of Latinas..... voted for Trump.

There are many Hispanics who worked their ass off to come here legally who are not happy with the flood of undocumented workers and agree with Trump's immigration plans...
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

blueflyer

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:24 am

LAX772LR wrote:

According to CNN exit polling, 33% of Latino males and 26% of Latinas..... voted for Trump

Not every Hispanic crossed the border to get here or has family on the other side. To them the wall may be as irrelevant as if it was built on Mars, and just like a majority of whites, want to blame someone else for their own problems...

alberchico

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:25 am

Dreadnought wrote:
If you bought into that BS about "failed businesses" and "reneging on his contractors", you've been listening to propaganda. He knows how to run a business. He also knows how to delegate, and chose competent people to run their departments. That alone makes him far more qualified than the current occupant, never mind Hillary who meets pretty much every clinical criteria of being a sociopath.

Even if you have good management skills and pick the right people if your overall business plan is flawed you will fail. Building a miniature great wall of china on the border, and enacting a protectionist, isolationist policy will HURT the country, not make it better.
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

Stealthz

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:29 am

LAX772LR wrote:

I wonder what the voter turnout was in those categories that voted overwhelmingly for Clinton?
What greater percentage of those groups voting may have swung the balance away from Trump?
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!....well that might have changed!!!

FriscoHeavy

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:30 am

LittleFokker wrote:
I will never go broke betting on the stupidity of this country. America fails again. I don't want to raise my son where arrogance is valued more than facts, where guns are worshipped more than life, where it's perfectly okay to piss on the poor, and misogyny is a celebrated virtue. America is dead to me, I am done.

...right, where guns are worshipped more than life... This coming from liberals who will murder innocent unborn babies dare talk about the importance of life? Mind boggling.
Whatever

salttee

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:30 am

flyingturtle wrote:
We are now in a situation were "Bernie or Bust" might well have been the recipe for success.

Bernie is the reason we are in this situation.
He created the crooked Hillary paradigm, Hillary has had a year's solid negative campaigns aimed at her.
All Trump had to do was continue on where asshole Bernie started.
Same as Nader in 2000.

Dreadnought

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:35 am

LittleFokker wrote:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

I can't wait for the people who promised to leave if Trump wins to actually do it. Cher, Whoopi, Miley...

blueflyer

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:37 am

salttee wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
We are now in a situation were "Bernie or Bust" might well have been the recipe for success.

He created the crooked Hillary paradigm, Hillary has had a year's solid negative campaigns aimed at her.

Sanders' relunctance and delay in getting behind Clinton certainly didn't help, but the Democrats had better qualified candidates than either one of them. Had Clinton not been a woman, I don't think she would have been the Democratic party's choice. Madeleine Albright wasn't the only middle-aged-and-over woman thinking there is a special place in hell for women who didn't vote to make history...

Or if Comey hadn't decided he wanted to be in the limelight...

Or if...

Political scientists will get started on this in the morning.

stlgph

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 am

AP just called Arizona and Pennsylvania for Trump.
As soon as the networks match it, you should be hearing it.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

TheF15Ace

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:47 am

salttee wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:

Same as Nader in 2000.

Bullshit. The reason we lost the country to Trump was because of this attitude by some Democrats. ''How dare anybody challenge Hillary for the nomination''' Newsflash: The democratic nomination and the white house was not Hillary's birthright. She and the DNC played dirty pool against Sanders and it turned alot of people off from voting for her. The only reason I actually threw in a vote for Clinton was because I did not want the Trump to win.

But there were plenty of people who either voted Trump or stayed home because of her actions and because nobody knew where her loyalty lies.
Last edited by TheF15Ace on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stealthz

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:48 am

This is beyond worrying..
Electorates the world over cannot be trusted anymore. From Brexit to Australia’s Double dissolution and now the US presidential election, the voters did not act how the surveys and pre vote polling indicated.
Back to the US election, not sure what the future holds now, this would be a feeling the world over I am sure. The sad thing about the position the USA holds in the world is that this election affects many people (perhaps all), the vast majority of whom don’t get a say in the outcome.
Here in Australia there are many concerns. We have been a good friend to the USA for many years and supported her in many ways, in return we expected and have up to now received that same support in return. Indeed the USA came to our aid, rescue even, when our former colonial rulers abandoned us to whatever fate would befall us.
I know there is bipartisan support in Australia to continue that relationship and mutual support but we are no longer certain that the USA will reciprocate.
We can only hope that the President-elect listens to those with the expertise and knowledge and acts in a way that at least considers the interests of America’s friends.
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!....well that might have changed!!!

seahawk

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:48 am

Seems to confirm one trend and that is that predictions are worth nothing today. People are not honest when questioned how they will vote, but in the end they will vote much more radical than they say. Brexit, US election,.. this a serious trend and one must finally accept that large parts of the population are not longer supporting current policies. Wait for German election next year, you will be in for the next "surprise".

flipdewaf

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:51 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

...right, where guns are worshipped more than life... This coming from liberals who will murder innocent unborn babies dare talk about the importance of life? Mind boggling.

So when does it become a child and when is it murder, I'd assume you've had sex as many times as you have children?

This is now not just a post factual britain, it is officially the post factual world and this is what it looks like.

Hold on tight.

Fred

PhilBy

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:53 am

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)
Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota, which she does not fancy).
Your new Prime Minister, Theresa May, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.
Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.
To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:
-----------------------
1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').
------------------------
2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'
-------------------
3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.
-----------------
4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.
----------------------
5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.
----------------------
6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.
--------------------
7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.
-------------------
8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.
-------------------
9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.
---------------------
10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.
---------------------
11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).
---------------------
12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.
--------------------
13.. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.
-----------------
14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).
---------------
15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.
God Save the Queen!

Stealthz

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:54 am

TheF15Ace wrote:
salttee wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:

Same as Nader in 2000.

Bullshit. The reason we lost the country to Trump was because of this attitude by some Democrats. ''How dare anybody challenge Hillary for the nomination''' Newsflash: The democratic nomination and the white house was not Hillary's birthright. She and the DNC played dirty pool against Sanders and it turned alot of people off from voting for her. The only reason I actually threw in a vote for Clinton was because I did not want the Trump to win. But there were plenty of people who either voted Trump or stayed home because of her actions..

It almost seemed late in the campaign that the Clinton camp did not want to win... what was with that "Love Trumps Hate" slogan, why would you put your opponents name on your dais for all the world to see especially when most media coverage cut off the "Hate" part. Was there not one ounce of marketing savvy in the Clinton HQ?

alberchico

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:59 am

seahawk wrote:
Wait for German election next year, you will be in for the next "surprise".

Actually Marine Le Pen winning the French presidential election would be the next big shocker..

aerosreenivas

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:00 am

So Access to Hollywood tape, build the wall on Mexico border or ban all muslims from entering the US seems to have not affected Donald Trump that much.

He is truly a 'Winner' by all means.

Do any members of this forum would attribute Hilary's possible lose to James Comey's flip flop on the email scandal? Also another important question Will Trump's administration fulfill his followers wish of 'Lock Her Up'?

Would love to know your thoughts.

seahawk

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:01 am

alberchico wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Wait for German election next year, you will be in for the next "surprise".

Actually Marine Le Pen winning the French presidential election would be the next big shocker..

I would not be surprised.

alberchico

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:06 am

Wow people are streaming out of Hillary's convention hall. She is going to give her concession speech to a small group of hardcore supporters.

KruegerFlaps

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:07 am

Stealthz wrote:
Electorates the world over cannot be trusted anymore.

I guess it's time to change the electorate to one that is more co-operative. ;)

seahawk wrote:
People are not honest when questioned how they will vote, but in the end they will vote much more radical than they say. Brexit, US election,..

People may be honest, but the polls show different results depending on when and where they are taken and on whom is asked. As Margaret Thatcher famously quipped when asked to explain her poor showing in the polls, "There is only one poll that matters and that is the one on the day."
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783

alberchico

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:08 am

What is taking so long for them to call the election ???

BTW Hillary should just give her concession speech tonight and get it over with.

Dreadnought

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:14 am

alberchico wrote:
What is taking so long for them to call the election ???

BTW Hillary should just give her concession speech tonight and get it over with.

Last minute ballot stuffing going full speed I'm sure...

jetwet1

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:15 am

Well, we are going to get 4 years of Republican rule, now who will they blame when nothing gets done ?

zkojq

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:16 am

LOL. Looking forward to the USD tanking tomorrow. :D

Rumors that Hillary is going to skip the concession speech? Will be interesting to see how the Democrats handle this. Hopefully they take out the trash and stop being a corporatist party.
TheF15Ace wrote:

Bullshit. The reason we lost the country to Trump was because of this attitude by some Democrats. ''How dare anybody challenge Hillary for the nomination''' Newsflash: The democratic nomination and the white house was not Hillary's birthright. She and the DNC played dirty pool against Sanders and it turned alot of people off from voting for her.

Exactly and her choice of Kaine as VP goes further to exemplify her hubris. Sanders enjoyed wide support amongst the party's base but also had expanded it with progressives/millenials and the working poor. Choosing Kaine was surely her way of saying that "we don't need you". Her hubris really knows no limits. Skipping a concession speech would show total denial.

TheF15Ace wrote:
The only reason I actually threw in a vote for Clinton was because I did not want the Trump to win.

Exactly, but a lot of won't feel enthusiastic about doing so. Especially if they have to queue for hours to vote (especially with lots of polling stations having been shut down over last time around).
https://projects.propublica.org/electio ... ey-states/
First to fly the 787-9

seahawk

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:18 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
Stealthz wrote:

seahawk wrote:
People are not honest when questioned how they will vote, but in the end they will vote much more radical than they say. Brexit, US election,..

People may be honest, but the polls show different results depending on when and where they are taken and on whom is asked. As Margaret Thatcher famously quipped when asked to explain her poor showing in the polls, "There is only one poll that matters and that is the one on the day."

In the end one must also consider the option that some groups in the society do not vote. They are included into the surveys to make them representative for the whole society, but in the end some groups in the society do not vote in meaningful numbers. African-Americans and Latinos seem to have stayed home (again).

CALTECH

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:24 am

Buwahahaha !
You are here.

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:25 am

Dreadnought wrote:
He's owned and/or operated around 75 businesses in his life, a half-dozen of which were failures. That's an excellent track record. 80% of all businesses fail in the first 5 years. 96% fail in the first 10 years.

How do you define failures? Closures & sale to another party below purchase price are failures too, not just bankruptcies so I doubt he only had 6 business failures in his life. Case in point the Trump Shuttle.

Dreadnought wrote:
reneging on his contractors"? Those are called Disputes. In business it happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. You order something from a supplier and you get something else, or they mis-bill you, or their performance does not meet standards. My company is relatively tiny (about $70 million turnover), and we have 10 to 20 such disputes per month with our suppliers, and we have about 100 or more each month with our customers (obviously we have a lot more customers than suppliers).

Having read through several accounts from the victims, it's clear that they aren't cases of subpar work or mis-billing, but pure reneging of contracts & agreements. And he only preys upon companies who are small & couldn't afford to go toe-to-toe with him in court for long, as the court costs would exceed the amount owed. So they have no choice but to accept whatever he offered, which is far lower than the actual cost of the work. That's no way to run a business, and it's certainly not a great way to run a nation's economy.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

stratosphere

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:35 am

For as flawed a candidate as Trump is and how the media were for the most part in the tank for Clinton and for Trump to have effectively won this election shows you how much baggage Clinton brought to the table and much like Jake Tapper of CNN stated. Everyone underestimated the working class white man and his/her anger at the establishment. . I saw a post from a woman who said "This is what you get when you force us to buy a product we don't want, when you value illegals over veterans when you force our daughters to sit next to 50 y/o men in a dress in the ladies room and run a charity with yourself as the sole beneficiary etc." Van Jones over at CNN had a meltdown said its "whitelash". Maybe it is.

tommy1808

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:38 am

... i guess we can start a thread to guess when and who will be the first to be threatens with a nuclear strike if they don´t do their bidding.
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

stlgph

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:38 am

AP has called the race for Donald J. Trump.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

A332DTW

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 am

So about that rigged election.

Flighty

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 am

Listen pumpkins Trump did this all by himself. No commercials. No media help. No RNc help. Everybody was against him.

It was Trump, his twitter account, Matt Drudge, a few choice advisors and speechwriter (like maybe four) and that was it. He won the Us presidency. Against billions of dollars of special interest, anti-public slush funds.

The country is truly corrupt and I hope DT does something about it. He's a pig but nobody's perfect. We can still get good service out of him. Let's use him for what he is good for -attention to US citizen interests, meaning the 50th percentile American family. That's not me, but I recognize that it is the right thing to do.

Flighty

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:45 am

And these words about white trash - would you write, black trash, or Jewish trash? If not, why did you feel free to write white trash? I believe the word is citizen, or voter.
Last edited by Flighty on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragon-wings

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:45 am

CNN is saying Clinton called Trump to concede the election.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

tommy1808

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:46 am

Flighty wrote:
The country is truly corrupt and I hope DT does something about it. .

He still has a fair chance of being impeached as a child rapist, and then that american Taliban is going to be your president.....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

dragon-wings

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:57 am

Wow I am listening to Trump's speech now and I am very surprised he was very nice when talking about Hillary. He said "We owe her a very major debt of gratitude to her for her service to our country".
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Aesma

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:10 am

jetwet1 wrote:
Well, we are going to get 4 years of Republican rule, now who will they blame when nothing gets done ?

My thoughts exactly.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Aesma

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:11 am

dragon-wings wrote:
Wow I am listening to Trump's speech now and I am very surprised he was very nice when talking about Hillary. He said "We owe her a very major debt of gratitude to her for her service to our country".

I guess his promise of going after her is not gonna happen then.

Not that I'm complaining as nothing good would come of it.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams