Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Revelation
Topic Author

Carrie Fisher Hooked Up With Harrison Ford

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:03 pm

In a suprise to absolutely no one, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... -star-wars tells us:

Fisher spoke briefly with People about her three-month affair with Ford. At the time, she was 19 years old, and he was 33.

“I was so inexperienced, but I trusted something about him. He was kind,” Fisher said of the then-married father of two.

Ford and his wife at the time, Mary Marquardt, filed for divorce in 1979, two years after “A New Hope” hit theaters. Ford did not respond to People’s request for comment.

I guess the force was with her?

And:

According to Radar, Fisher wrote in the book (which will be released on Nov. 22) that she couldn’t remember many details of the affair thanks to “the brutal strength of Harrison’s preferred strain of pot.”

Yep, it was the 70s. Sex and drugs and rock and roll!
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Kiwirob

Re: Carrie Fisher Hooked Up With Harrison Ford

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Cant say I would blame Ford for wanting to hook up.

Veetwo

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:04 am

Imagine having a father who committed adultery on your mother with a famous movie star.

Must be horrible for them. The years of deceit, the lies, the guilt.

Nobody should glorify his behavior.
Airline employee and Crohn's sufferer.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:27 am

Veetwo wrote:
Imagine having a father who committed adultery on your mother with a famous movie star.

There is literally nothing traumatic about that. To normal people, it would be a complete non issue. You know, unless you're the sort who need a Safe Space or Crying Room or something.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

Veetwo

Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:15 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Veetwo wrote:

There is literally nothing traumatic about that. To normal people, it would be a complete non issue. You know, unless you're the sort who need a Safe Space or Crying Room or something.

Haha millennials.

You'd be fine with one of your parents cheating on the other while lying and keeping up appearances? Oh yeah, mom used to go bang dudes on the side...get real.

salttee

Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:25 am

Veetwo wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Haha millennials.
You'd be fine with one of your parents cheating on the other while lying and keeping up appearances? Oh yeah, mom used to go bang dudes on the side...get real.
There are very good reasons for Hillis to have thought of you as a republican.

N867DA

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:01 am

salttee wrote:
Veetwo wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Haha millennials.

I'm a liberal and I think it's a natural response to be disappointed if one of your parents has an affair. I'd feel bad for Harrison Ford's wife too, especially if she had no idea about any of it. These days it seems unlikely for someone to be in the dark like that but I understand the 70s were...different.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Francoflier

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:06 am

Veetwo wrote:

I find that a bit rich coming from one of the most vocal Trump supporter on A.net...

Or did you vote for him because you felt bad about his kids having lived through multiple divorces, affairs, scandals and his general objectification of women?

:scratchchin:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

salttee

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:16 am

N867DA wrote:
I'm a liberal and I think it's a natural response to be disappointed if one of your parents has an affair. I'd feel bad for Harrison Ford's wife too, especially if she had no idea about any of it. These days it seems unlikely for someone to be in the dark like that but I understand the 70s were...different.

Don't ya think he poured it on a little bit thick?
Veetwo wrote:

Oh, the horror - straight out of Joseph Conrad!

There wasn't necessarily any deceit, lies or especially guilt involved, let alone years of it. And it's not necessary to think that anybody was in the dark. I smell a Latin Madonna complex in all that.

DocLightning

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:41 am

Kiwirob wrote:

Can't say I blame Fisher, either.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:49 am

Veetwo wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Veetwo wrote:

Haha millennials.

First off... Flattered as hell you think I'm a millennial. In real life, I'm a bit older than that.

Secondly, my parents philandered like it was their job. I turned out fine. Unless you hate success or something.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

Kiwirob

Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:23 am

DocLightning wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Can't say I blame Fisher, either.

Yip two attractive people hook in up, can't say I blame them, besides we also have no idea if Harrison's marriage was in the crapper at the time.

Redd

Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:48 am

Veetwo wrote:

LOL, You should write telenovela's...... The HORROR!!! OMG!

N14AZ

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Ah, now I understand, this love affair led to the birth of Kylo Ren, correct?

And don't make jokes about their kids having mental problems after learning about this love affair. It can end very badly... :

Okie

Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:04 pm

N14AZ wrote:

Good One

N14AZ wins the internet award for the day

Okie

Revelation
Topic Author

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Veetwo wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Veetwo wrote:

Haha millennials.

In http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... l-all.html we read:

Fisher noted that Harrison's marriage to first wife Mary Marquardt did end in 1979, but 'for reasons having nothing whatsoever to do with me.'

In https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... Ht5LugA5wA we read that Ford took great care of his ex-wife as she suffered through MS, buying her a specially adapted house and paying all her medical bills:

Said Mary: "Harrison and I just grew apart. But we remained great
friends through the years. "He bought me this house and has been
incredibly supportive through my illness. We are family and he has
stuck by me through thick and thin.

"In this town, it is refreshing, if not unique. People want to hear
nasty things about people but Harrison has done all this and expected
nothing back."

And Ford has his regrets:

Said Ford: "Sometimes I've been a better actor than husband or father.
My greatest regret is the failure of my first marriage and the pain
that it caused. I made mistakes in my youth that I would rather not
admit to. I have changed."

Ford said he's happy he can now help Mary. "I've always tried to make
sure my family is properly provided for," he added.

In short, he's human. He was gifted with great looks and commendable great acting skills. He's used his time, treasure and talents for many good things. He had a few flings in his 30s. It's interesting to read his regrets now that he's in his 70s. Somehow I doubt in his heart of hearts that if he could set back time that he would chose to stay a monogamist, despite what he said above. I just think he would have been more mature and more discreet. I imagine that he'd also have gotten his second ex-wife to sign a prenup. His second divorce is one of the more costly ones in Hollywood history.

Veetwo

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:35 pm

salttee wrote:
Veetwo wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Haha millennials.

Why? I have made positive and negative comments about both parties and candidates. Oh my gosh what a strange concept that I find good and bad ideas and policies of both parties! The HORROR!

Veetwo

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:36 pm

Francoflier wrote:
Veetwo wrote:

I find that a bit rich coming from one of the most vocal Trump supporter on A.net...

Or did you vote for him because you felt bad about his kids having lived through multiple divorces, affairs, scandals and his general objectification of women?

:scratchchin:

I absolutely did not support Trump and I think he's a disgusting person. I voted for Hillary. The blinders you people have is just crazy. You read one comment and your eyes roll back up into your head and you just go on bash-mode autopilot.

Veetwo

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:48 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Veetwo wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

Haha millennials.

First off... Flattered as hell you think I'm a millennial. In real life, I'm a bit older than that.

Secondly, my parents philandered like it was their job. I turned out fine. Unless you hate success or something.

My millennial reference was a response to your "Safe Space" comment. Judging by the flippant attitude by most in this thread I question the values of our older members. God forbid I think staying faithful in a marriage is something to strive towards.

I may be a millennial but I guess I'm old fashioned when it comes to relationships.

scbriml

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Veetwo wrote:
Judging by the flippant attitude by most in this thread I question the values of our older members. God forbid I think staying faithful in a marriage is something to strive towards.

It is. I've managed to stay faithful to my wife for 34 years (and counting).My Mother managed less than 15 years before my parents divorced when I was 13.

However, Ford is not the first and certainly won't be the last to have an extra-marital affair. It really is no big deal. People get emotionally hurt all the time. The World still turns. My values think there are way more important things in the World to worry about than someone else's morals. Sorry if you find that "flippant".
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

allrite

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:02 am

N14AZ wrote:

The problem was that they gave the kid to Mark Hamill to raise but the kid was more interested in crooning like his grandfather Eddie than becoming an actor.
I like artificial banana essence!

bohica

Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:56 am

Veetwo wrote:

This is normal behavior in Hollywood. Nothing new. It must be a slow news day in Hollywood when someone gets their panties in a wad because Luke used the force.

Revelation
Topic Author

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:09 am

bohica wrote:
Veetwo wrote:

This is normal behavior in Hollywood. Nothing new. It must be a slow news day in Hollywood when someone gets their panties in a wad because Luke used the force.

Purely SOP: Carrie's trying to sell her book, and of course, sex sells. If you want to look at these things uncharitably, she's now pissed off both Ford's ex-wife for cheating in the first place, and now Ford for kissing and telling. I guess she either thinks he'll be OK with it (on one hand she let him know in advance and gave him a draft of the book, but on the other hand he really values his privacy) or on the other hand she wants the money so much she doesn't care what he thinks. I guess it might make the next prequel/postquel/whatever a bit awkward?

seahawk

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:08 am

Why do people make a moral issue of 2 movie stars banging each other in the 1970ies? And now, that she has reclaimed a bit of fame, she sells the story to make some money before Princess Leia dies in the current movies and people are back to not caring about her.

WIederling

Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:52 pm

"I may be a millennial but I guess I'm old fashioned when it comes to relationships."

My impression is that this is a misinterpretation. ( in general, not targeting the poster in any specificity.)
60ties, 70ties was a time when the mask/shields people wore had been wittled down quite a bit.
The disparity between inner and outer persona was smaller.
Today, beginning with the younger ones we see a process of uparmoring again. ( protection against the assaults of the
unbearable moral "majorities" ?)
i.e. adultery is prevalent as ever but again we see a time were this is more energetically kept out of public view.
( and the oh, so holy crowd of steepled in christ's blood moral upholders never had this phase of a lighter approach to life.)
Murphy is an optimist

N14AZ

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:58 am

Veetwo wrote:
Judging by the flippant attitude by most in this thread I question the values of our older members. God forbid I think staying faithful in a marriage is something to strive towards.

I may be a millennial but I guess I'm old fashioned when it comes to relationships.

I cracked a joke about this love affair (thank you @Allrite and @Okie for your feedback) but in general I agree with you. I DOES have an influence on the kids when they learn that one of their parents was not faithful. I know this from experience....

If this is true in this case of Fisher and Ford... we don't know...