Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: Hail the savior! Hail President Trump!

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:46 am

stratosphere wrote:
Believe it or not I think Trump fooled everyone. He may wind up pleasing progressives more than any of the other candidates on the republican side would have. He played to his base but he has changed his stance on a few things. Border control? Yes he needs to get a handle on that the people who voted for him demanded it. Obamacare? yes a lot of it sucks but he needs to make sure the few things that people want are preserved like preexisting conditions and children under 25 can stay insured. My issue with you progressives is that you preach tolerance but have none for anyone else. I didn't like Obama but of course since I didn't support him I am automatically a racist. But I gave this man (Obama) a chance I didn't march in the streets or burn the place to the ground. Saw a video of a kid maybe 10 years old setting a fire said "Fuck Trump" his parents I hope are proud of that. I would have had my ass kicked by my father in my day but in my day I wouldn't have done that or talked back to my elders or teachers like kids do so much of today. Be proud my progressive idiots and PC police you have ruined this nation

I have heard this a few times from righties but his picks for all the posts are far right wingers. He has no plan to replace Affordable Care Act, the LGBTQ and climate change pages on whitehouse.gov have been removed. Is this what "pleasing progressives" is now? Doing the opposite of what progressives do?

zckls04

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:28 am

stratosphere wrote:
My issue with you progressives is that you preach tolerance but have none for anyone else.

Actually tolerance is a word exclusively used by the right these days, and one used completely wrongly. Tolerance is about people, not ideas. If somebody has an incredibly stupid idea, tolerance dictates that I'm not allowed to harass them, be violent towards them, threaten them or cause them to fear for their safety. Nor should I attempt to silence those views. However tolerance does NOT mean I cannot vociferously and forcefully explain why their ideas and values are terrible ones.

Saw a video of a kid maybe 10 years old setting a fire said "Fuck Trump" his parents I hope are proud of that. I would have had my ass kicked by my father in my day but in my day I wouldn't have done that or talked back to my elders or teachers like kids do so much of today. Be proud my progressive idiots and PC police you have ruined this nation

Yes, and I guess we all just dreamt those effigies of Obama being hanged in 2008.

WarRI1

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:44 am

This thread tests my ability maintain a sense of decorum. I am struggling to do so, but unlike Trump I will respect freedom of Speech and maintain my own dignity without insulting anyone and everyone, even in the face of such ridiculous statements expressed on here. :roll: :roll:

seb146

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:57 am

I still want to know what the human cheeto is the savior for or from? What is America being saved from? So far, the only things I can see are low cost health care and low mortgage rates for first time buyers....

727LOVER

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:13 am

stratosphere wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
seb146 wrote:
What is this expected to look like?

W H I T E

Take a look at that crowd.........you see any people of color?

You had people of color the last 8 years get over it.

Ummm...yeah...there were white people there too.

So, you want a president just for white people?
I'm not saying he is....but by your comments...sounds like that's what you want.

Oh...and not nearly as many people at this inaugural

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ ... n-vs-obama

For the record...I hope he does well.

blueflyer

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:55 am

stratosphere wrote:
Believe it or not I think Trump fooled everyone. He may wind up pleasing progressives more than any of the other candidates on the republican side would have.

You mean like that nice infrastructure spending program he has promised along the Southern border? It will indeed create construction jobs and raise average wages. Maybe not a bad idea at all.

Might put some Republicans in a tough spot, though. At least the ones who care about the deficit ueber alles.. 'Cause even Trump has admitted, we are going to pay for the wall, until Mexico reimburses us... later.

And I can't wait for his new health plan either. "Insurance for everybody" with "much lower deductibles" sounds good to me. I think that should be the yardstick by which we judge every Obamacare replacement plan the GOP comes up with.
http://wpo.st/7BAT2

PanHAM

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:22 am

Now, when will that neon sign put up on the Trump White house and will it shine in red, White and blue?

Seriously, The USA signed the NAFTA treaty with Canada and Mexico in 1994. It created Jobs in all three countries. As a businessman, Trump should know that by creating Jobs in other countries, the Jobs at home are secured as well.

if he carries on like he does, he will find out the hard way. Cutting Jobs in Mexico or elsewhere will man less stable Jobs at home. I haven't heard a single sentence about who will pay for the higher wages in the US. Guess who?

mham001

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:37 am

PanHAM wrote:
Now, when will that neon sign put up on the Trump White house and will it shine in red, White and blue?

Seriously, The USA signed the NAFTA treaty with Canada and Mexico in 1994. It created Jobs in all three countries. As a businessman, Trump should know that by creating Jobs in other countries, the Jobs at home are secured as well.

if he carries on like he does, he will find out the hard way. Cutting Jobs in Mexico or elsewhere will man less stable Jobs at home. I haven't heard a single sentence about who will pay for the higher wages in the US. Guess who?

The U.S. goods trade deficit with Mexico was $58 billion in 2015, a 8.4% increase ($4.5 billion) over 2014. https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico

What is your calculus for jobs created by keeping those dollars at home?

PanHAM

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:22 am

Quite simple, the fact that US companies build cars in Mexico make them more competetive on world markets. The dficit in trade with mexico might be a Profit in the trade with other countries. The world is not black and White as Mr. t. might suggest. Did he tell the Americans yet who shall pay for the higher costs of Jobs in America. That an iPhone wholly made in America must sell for 1600$ instead of 600? And that any Import duty 8he calls that border tax) must be paid by the US consumer and might you, 35% paid will be 70% when handed down by the industry.

scbriml

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:36 am

seb146 wrote:
I have heard this a few times from righties but his picks for all the posts are far right wingers. He has no plan to replace Affordable Care Act, the LGBTQ and climate change pages on whitehouse.gov have been removed. Is this what "pleasing progressives" is now? Doing the opposite of what progressives do?

As much as I hate the thought of defending Trump, I'd point out the changes on whitehouse.gov are entirely normal. See interesting article on the BBC's website about the digital transition.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38699809

But, amusingly, the new POTUS Twitter account used an image of Obama's inauguration! :rotfl:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38698837

Francoflier

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:53 am

Some of those statements here unfortunately demonstrate how disconnected from facts and reality Trump adicionados are.

Nothing seems to matter anymore. Decisions were made purely on an emotional basis and a flawed understanding of every issue at stake.

I am honestly afraid.
Nothing to do now but wait for the results of that decision and hope for thr best. I won't put money on that though.

zkojq

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:26 am

Congratulations President Trump!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfrKHojrsK/

Francoflier wrote:
Some of those statements here unfortunately demonstrate how disconnected from facts and reality Trump adicionados are.

Indeed, but this is nothing new. Let them enjoy their moment! Their delusional fantasy will be over soon enough.

scbriml wrote:
climate change

Chinese hoax. :rotfl:

PanHAM wrote:
That an iPhone wholly made in America must sell for 1600$ instead of 600?

I thought it was closer to $5,000?

WarRI1 wrote:
This thread tests my ability maintain a sense of decorum. I am struggling to do so, but unlike Trump I will respect freedom of Speech and maintain my own dignity without insulting anyone and everyone, even in the face of such ridiculous statements expressed on here. :roll: :roll:

When in doubt, always stay classy! Let it pass for now, make a mental note of what they said and quote it back to them in a few years time with a link to the relevant reply where they made themselves look like morons. I do this fairly regularly here. ;)

tommy1808

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:45 pm

He is committing Treachery for almost a day now. Why hasn´t impeachment started yet?

I guess the GOP supports treason now....

Braybuddy

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:58 pm

A few observations, from a non-American: President Trumps inaugural speech set the bar very high and some of his promises are an impossibility and doomed to failure. "Eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of the Earth"? Good luck with that one! Does he not remember George Bush's War on Terrorism? "When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice"? Well, extreme versions of the former often leads to the latter . . . I'm surprised that he would create such hostages to fortune.

This is a man who has probably not had the word "No" said to him for a long, long time. How he plans to deal with that eventuality now will be interesting. Given his petulant nature, will he even last the first four years?

Lastly, to all the anti-Trump protesters around the world today: where were you after MH370, or when Putin invaded Crimea or Ukraine? Or when he bombed hospitals and aid convoys in Syria? You may not like Donald Trump or his policies, but he hasn't killed anyone -- yet.

salttee

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
where were you after MH370

I'm sure that you mean MH-17, the Dutch airliner the Russians shot down in Ukraine..

SOBHI51

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:40 pm

salttee wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
where were you after MH370

I'm sure that you mean MH-17, the Dutch airliner the Russians shot down in Ukraine..

It was not a Dutch airliner but a Malaysian one.The flight originated from Amsterdam.

Braybuddy

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:58 pm

salttee wrote:

SOBHI51 wrote:
It was not a Dutch airliner but a Malaysian one.The flight originated from Amsterdam.

Yes, right on both counts, thanks for the correction. Slap on the wrist for Braybuddy . . .

SOBHI51

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
salttee wrote:

SOBHI51 wrote:

Yes, right on both counts, thanks for the correction. Slap on the wrist for Braybuddy . . .

Was quoting salttee and not you.

mham001

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:23 pm

PanHAM wrote:
Quite simple, the fact that US companies build cars in Mexico make them more competetive on world markets. The dficit in trade with mexico might be a Profit in the trade with other countries. The world is not black and White as Mr. t. might suggest. Did he tell the Americans yet who shall pay for the higher costs of Jobs in America. That an iPhone wholly made in America must sell for 1600$ instead of 600? And that any Import duty 8he calls that border tax) must be paid by the US consumer and might you, 35% paid will be 70% when handed down by the industry.

You seem to entirely forget the benefits of keeping dollars in the country recirculating but all that is a bit rich coming from a protectionist country such as your own. Arguing US domestic policy with foreigners is useless, you have no skin in the game. Nothing, and your opinions are worth as much.

Turns out Germany not only has higher tariffs to start, it also has the second highest trade surplus in the world, after China. Why is it ok that Germany still extracts 10% tariff on imported cars?

Top 5 US trading partners
Canada - $576.7 billion traded with a $15.5 billion deficit.
China - $599.4 billion traded with a $367 billion deficit.
Mexico - $532.1 billion with a $60.6 billion deficit.
Japan - $193.6 billion traded with a $68.6 billion deficit.
Germany - $174.8 billion traded with a $74.9 billion deficit.

And your iphone numbers? Not even close. If all components are manufactured in the US, about $100 more, according to MIT. https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6014 ... an-iphone/

PanHAM

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:07 pm

@ mham001 - for your Information - Germany has no tariffs at all.. The EU imposes the tariffs and the tariffs collected at the customs borders go straight into the Brussels Budget. Germany does not see a single Cent and the high tariff of 10% is rather for the benefit of French and Iralian car makers. VW Audi Mercedes and BMW do not Need protection.

Maybe you inform yourself how many Dollars circulate in third world countries, in Russia, the Balkans, Asia and so on, Money that never touches US soil. Your compilagtion of trade deficits means that the US obviously manufactures not enough products that sell on the world markets. Certainly more than Russia but not enough.

Anyone in Germany can exports what they produce, as Long as the goods are not on the Export list 8like weapons( the OEM can find and serve overseas markets as many as they can find. We have many hidden Champions all over the Country. What we don't have is a big mouth that drives us back into nationalistic Isolation.
Isolation will be what the US is getting if "America First" continous to be the credo, with a president making promises he cannot Keep.

tommy1808

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:13 pm

PanHAM wrote:
Money that never touches US soil. Your compilagtion of trade deficits means that the US obviously manufactures not enough products that sell on the world markets. Certainly more than Russia but not enough.

Well...Traitor Trump helps. He likes to laund ... ah... get all Cash transactions from Russian Mafi...Businessmen when he sells Condos.

We have many hidden Champions all over the Country. .

In all fairness, other countries have those too. But they often don´t manage to stay independent and get bought.

best regards
Thomas

mham001

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:37 pm

PanHAM wrote:
@ mham001 - for your Information - Germany has no tariffs at all.. The EU imposes the tariffs and the tariffs collected at the customs borders go straight into the Brussels Budget. Germany does not see a single Cent and the high tariff of 10% is rather for the benefit of French and Iralian car makers. VW Audi Mercedes and BMW do not Need protection.

Maybe you inform yourself how many Dollars circulate in third world countries, in Russia, the Balkans, Asia and so on, Money that never touches US soil. Your compilagtion of trade deficits means that the US obviously manufactures not enough products that sell on the world markets. Certainly more than Russia but not enough.

Anyone in Germany can exports what they produce, as Long as the goods are not on the Export list 8like weapons( the OEM can find and serve overseas markets as many as they can find. We have many hidden Champions all over the Country. What we don't have is a big mouth that drives us back into nationalistic Isolation.
Isolation will be what the US is getting if "America First" continous to be the credo, with a president making promises he cannot Keep.

Yes, Germany has a 10% tariff on cars. they are the controlling member of the Eu and as such, they are willing participants.

You fail to understand how much a recirculating dollar within the US benefits US workers and how utterly useless that money is to US workers outside the country. A dollar circulating in Brazil is not going to help the US storekeeper to whom it could have gone nor is that storekeeper going to spend that dollar on furniture for his home, fixtures for his store, or a car for his wife, spreading the prosperity within. The dollar spent on that car will not then be recirculated the same way among another US worker, and so on.

And there is the small issue of third parties taking advantage of the trade agreements of others.

As for America First, too bad. Euros said pretty much the same thing when reagan was elected, the horror of it all they said, the Americans elected someone who promised to take care of American interests first. What we have now is the widespread rejection of globalization - even in europe. This doctrine has been stuffed down our throats for decades now and we see that is only lowering our standard of living and that others do not prefer to play fair (particularly Asia). our politicians, republicans and democrats) have sold us down the river.

tommy1808

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:50 pm

mham001 wrote:
Yes, Germany has a 10% tariff on cars. they are the controlling member of the Eu and as such, they are willing participants..

So many discussions regarding Brexit and you still have no clue how the EU works. There is no such thing as a "controlling member" in the EU, especially not when money is involved. The hole in the EU Budget would have to be filled by funding from all other EU member states, meaning that consensus has to be reached. Germany is the biggest driving force in Europe behind TTIP, which would remove those tariffs.

Your point is pretty mood in any case, since German car markers have significant production capacity in the United States and also Import those into the EU. Paying the full tariff.

the Americans elected someone who promised to take care of American interests first

And you should have listened, since Reagan pretty much ruined the USA financially.

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:05 pm

mham001 wrote:
the Americans elected someone who promised to take care of American interests first.

By a minority of Americans. The only reason the orange menace was selected was through the power of the Electoral College. He actually lost the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000. That is not a mandate for him and Republicans to screw over Americans. In fact, Republicans lost seats in both chambers of Congress. Again, still not a mandate.

tommy1808

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:15 pm

seb146 wrote:
mham001 wrote:
the Americans elected someone who promised to take care of American interests first.

By a minority of Americans. The only reason the orange menace was selected was through the power of the Electoral College. He actually lost the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000. That is not a mandate for him and Republicans to screw over Americans. In fact, Republicans lost seats in both chambers of Congress. Again, still not a mandate.

And of course Traitor Trump supporters are in no way racist and genocidal maniacs....

Fresh from a 35k people strong Trump support group "taking our country back".
Muslim terrorism against the USA may soon be considered self defense.... giving terrorists a justifications for being jackasses has always worked so well.

best regards
Thomas

YZF101

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:51 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
GOD WILL HELP MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

David

Now I have to clean the coffee off my monitor and desk.

Damn, that was funny :)

YZF101

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

LOL....yeah, that line will be played on and on and on and on. You know what is REALLY funny? Hillary lost more Electoral College votes than Trump did. That is classic.

If you don't like the way the game is played, change the rules beforehand. That part is pretty easy to figure out. Even a Democrat can do that much. But it wouldn't fly - to think that three little itty bitty areas control the whole country? Laughable at best. You might (HA) win one election until everyone figured out they were being screwed (which is why Trump won - people saw through the BS being shovelled at them), and then it would be a whole different ball game. And you'd be crying to change the rules again.

Get your twisted numbers right - you sound like the "fake news" you all were complaining about before. You make it sound like he won with 35% or so of the votes - sheesh, get with the program. Losing the popular vote (which by the way means squat - or you hadn't figured that out over the last 30/40+ years???) by 3 million isn't much of an indicator, nor can it be ignored either. If he does, it's at his peril.

You would have been perfectly happy with Hillary screwing over the country with whatever "fudged" numbers she'd might end up with, but yet you scream and pontificate about some "menace" that has come over America now. You seem to be an ideal reason to make it a voting requirement to have at least a university doctorate to vote (oh, wait - that's what the EC was kinda based on, wasn't it?). The menace is the Left and their despicable Democrat Party - the curtain was pulled aside and people saw the filth and lies and deceit.

But the system works the way it is supposed to work. Sorry you lost, but honestly, it is for the better. Pick yourself up, put your best smile on, and sally forth. Unless you want to make a fool of yourselves and burn your neighbourhood down. Pitiful.

Trump a savior? Hardly. He did keep the "democrat menace" away from the white house, though. We'll wait and see how things go - well, aside form the bleating and sobbing from the peanut gallery (no offense, Charles). And the constant protests and burnings and race baiting.

pvjin

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:57 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Muslim terrorism against the USA may soon be considered self defense.... giving terrorists a justifications for being jackasses has always worked so well.

The justification can be already found from the Quran so Trump will not change anything.

tommy1808

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:01 pm

pvjin wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

The justification can be already found from the Quran so Trump will not change anything.

You mean to say every single muslim on this planet is a terrorist? Thought so...

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:11 am

YZF101 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

LOL....yeah, that line will be played on and on and on and on. You know what is REALLY funny? Hillary lost more Electoral College votes than Trump did. That is classic.

If you don't like the way the game is played, change the rules beforehand. That part is pretty easy to figure out. Even a Democrat can do that much. But it wouldn't fly - to think that three little itty bitty areas control the whole country? Laughable at best. You might (HA) win one election until everyone figured out they were being screwed (which is why Trump won - people saw through the BS being shovelled at them), and then it would be a whole different ball game. And you'd be crying to change the rules again.

Get your twisted numbers right - you sound like the "fake news" you all were complaining about before. You make it sound like he won with 35% or so of the votes - sheesh, get with the program. Losing the popular vote (which by the way means squat - or you hadn't figured that out over the last 30/40+ years???) by 3 million isn't much of an indicator, nor can it be ignored either. If he does, it's at his peril.

You would have been perfectly happy with Hillary screwing over the country with whatever "fudged" numbers she'd might end up with, but yet you scream and pontificate about some "menace" that has come over America now. You seem to be an ideal reason to make it a voting requirement to have at least a university doctorate to vote (oh, wait - that's what the EC was kinda based on, wasn't it?). The menace is the Left and their despicable Democrat Party - the curtain was pulled aside and people saw the filth and lies and deceit.

But the system works the way it is supposed to work. Sorry you lost, but honestly, it is for the better. Pick yourself up, put your best smile on, and sally forth. Unless you want to make a fool of yourselves and burn your neighbourhood down. Pitiful.

Trump a savior? Hardly. He did keep the "democrat menace" away from the white house, though. We'll wait and see how things go - well, aside form the bleating and sobbing from the peanut gallery (no offense, Charles). And the constant protests and burnings and race baiting.

Are... are... you... SERIOUS??? For the past eight years we have heard nothing from you righties about "king" Obama and how Obama was installed and selected and he was not the real president and we should do our patriotic duty to stop him at every turn. Now, an actual menace and threat to our democracy has been installed by a minority of Americans and Russia itself and you are still telling us to just sit back and accept it? Never. Ever. Ever. This idiot who knows nothing about business, family values, the Constitution, honesty, or much of anything is an illegitimate pretender. He has already done so much damage to this country.

Remember how he said he would "lock her up" and "make Mexico pay for the wall" and "deport the illegals and put them in very nice camps first"? Lies. All lies. He is hosing us American tax payers for millions a month so he can have his living quarters where ever he damn well wants. Party of fiscal and personal responsibility, my eye. At least the debt and deficit went down under Obama....

seb146

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:22 am

I think it is very telling that the standard bearer of the party of personal responsibility and the party of family values has neither. Just lie after lie and then telling everyone it was someone else's fault. Actions speak louder than words.

YZF101

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 am

seb146 wrote:
YZF101 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Are... are... you... SERIOUS??? For the past eight years we have heard nothing from you righties about "king" Obama and how Obama was installed and selected and he was not the real president and we should do our patriotic duty to stop him at every turn. Now, an actual menace and threat to our democracy has been installed by a minority of Americans and Russia itself and you are still telling us to just sit back and accept it? Never. Ever. Ever. This idiot who knows nothing about business, family values, the Constitution, honesty, or much of anything is an illegitimate pretender. He has already done so much damage to this country.

Remember how he said he would "lock her up" and "make Mexico pay for the wall" and "deport the illegals and put them in very nice camps first"? Lies. All lies. He is hosing us American tax payers for millions a month so he can have his living quarters where ever he damn well wants. Party of fiscal and personal responsibility, my eye. At least the debt and deficit went down under Obama....

Well, have a lovely 8 or 12 years. Hopefully, after this fiasco the Democrats are out of office, out of luck....out of BS talking points (well, not really - always manufacture more).

Talk about weilding a broad brush. Your idiodic Democratic Party lost the election, and their actions (and from daft people like yourself) will ensure the demise of the party of people like you. And you take your "frustrations" out on everyone else because your darling lost the election because she deserved to lose. Pity Bernie wasn't running - I don't like his politics but would respect the man regardless. Something that Democrats will never ever ever ever understand because they wear the same blinders that you accuse the "right" of wearing constantly. Party of bigots, really. Look inwards for the true menace - you should be ashamed of yourselves, showing the young of America how to act when you don't get your way. Yippee.

Well, hopefully you enjoy your vacation in obscurity. You deserve it. By the way, your talking points are out of date - check with your commisar for the updated ones. The debt went WAY up...or can't you understand numbers either - oops...is that "racist"? Almost 20 Trillion. Way to go!

You can order another box of tissues when you pick up your matches...third window on the left.

Boy, America is so divided thanks to people like you, I don't think even JFK would have a hope in hell of pulling things together. Or the Dalai Lama.

johnboy

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:19 am

Did someone forget to lock that liquor cabinet in Finland again?

seb146

QQ

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:24 am

YZF101 wrote:
Your idiodic Democratic Party lost the election,

Again, Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 and Democrats gained seats, so...

and their actions (and from daft people like yourself) will ensure the demise of the party of people like you.

Health care being taken away, taxes on the poor to cover breaks for the rich, polluting the land and water, education only teaching Christianity, insisting LGBTQ getting equal rights is actually special rights... yeah, that sounds like Democrats...

So many of you righties act like white Christian heterosexual men have never had a voice in this country. You all act like this is some great civil rights achievement for WHCM. You can rest assured, it is not. We have effectively set our clocks back 200 years. Some are being generous and saying 50 years.

seb146

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:25 am

For all you righties saying "Trump won, get over it! We did!" there is this

http://reverbpress.com/politics/satire- ... -100-days/

WarRI1

Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:12 am

seb146 wrote:
For all you righties saying "Trump won, get over it! We did!" there is this

http://reverbpress.com/politics/satire- ... -100-days/

I loved it, it is so far out, so bizarre that it is hard to realize that is so true of Fox News and their gigantic Hypocrisy. A little analysis maybe in order. You know of the head type. :crazy:

Francoflier

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:41 am

Bring on the new era...

Except they depicted a black president in that movie, so the same but more racist, I suppose.

I particularly love the description of that fictitious society in Wikipedia.

a dystopian society where advertising, commercialism, and cultural anti-intellectualism have run rampant, and is devoid of intellectual curiosity, social responsibility, and coherent notions of justice and human rights.

Sounds familiar? :duck:

I used to get a chuckle or two from watching that movie. Now it's more like a Micheal Moore scary documentary.
:sigh:

PanHAM

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 am

@mham001
so you have been educated overnight on how the EU work and I can assure you, it is by majority vote. The FLOTUS Homeland has the same vote Germany has and when Germany wants to cancel tariff rates on the Import of cars two core members vot against that.
Some Information on how international trade works - the largest BMW plant is located in Spartanburg SC, if I remember the figures correct they employ 8000 People, build some 360000 cars p.a. of which 70% are exported worldwide, including to Germany. BMW is one of the largest exporters in the USA, earning Dollars overseas that then circulate and boost the US economy.
That's how the cooky crumbles, not by Isolation in whch Mr. T. will lead the US economy should he not be stoopped by his better educated cabinet Ministers and advisors. I have some doubts about educating Mr. T. however, the wiser always run the rsik of getting fired.

L410Turbolet

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:52 am

PanHAM wrote:

In golden. Piss-gold shade most likely. That's how Trumputin likes it. Designed in absolutely tasteless, kitschy, bling-bling style, of course.

flipdewaf

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:52 am

At least we can be pretty certsin that trumps ad decorating taste won't go as far as the outside of his new home, not chance it'll be anything but white going forward.

Fred

WIederling

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:21 am

somebody wrote:
Saw a video of a kid maybe 10 years old setting a fire said "Fuck Trump" his parents I hope are proud of that. I would have had my ass kicked by my father in my day but in my day I wouldn't have done that or talked back to my elders or teachers like kids do so much of today. Be proud my progressive idiots and PC police you have ruined this nation

In the past things didn't change as fast as they do today. Experience of elders actually was relevant and had value. result: respect.
Todays kids know more about the world ( and have embraced the changes) than their mentally ossified parents.
Experience from days gone past in a different world is worthless or even hindering today.

Youth today find much more reason for "Fremdschämen" than in times gone by.

PanHAM

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:31 am

L410Turbolet wrote:
PanHAM wrote:

In golden. Piss-gold shade most likely. That's how Trumputin likes it. Designed in absolutely tasteless, kitschy, bling-bling style, of course.

The curtains of the Oval Office have been changed and guess what the colour of the new urtains are? The place now Looks like a 19th century brothel.

BestWestern

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:13 am

I see Trump is complaining that people are underestimating the crowds at his inauguration. Bless, but pictures tell the true story.

Great to see that there is nothing else to worry about.

seahawk

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:30 am

Those pics are edited by fake news. Who would doubt Trump and his PR machine?

tommy1808

Re: QQ

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:52 am

seb146 wrote:
YZF101 wrote:
Your idiodic Democratic Party lost the election,

Again, Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000 and Democrats gained seats, so...

and their actions (and from daft people like yourself) will ensure the demise of the party of people like you.

Health care being taken away, taxes on the poor to cover breaks for the rich, polluting the land and water, education only teaching Christianity, insisting LGBTQ getting equal rights is actually special rights... yeah, that sounds like Democrats...

..... you forget starting a shooting war with China over artificial South China Sea islands.

best regards
Thomas

Kiwirob

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:55 am

727LOVER wrote:
seb146 wrote:
What is this expected to look like?

W H I T E

Take a look at that crowd.........you see any people of color?

All the stands look pretty empty to me, more empty seats than people sitting in them on the parade route.

Kinda humiliating for America if you ask me.

lugie

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

All the stands look pretty empty to me, more empty seats than people sitting in them on the parade route.

Kinda humiliating for America if you ask me.

No it's actually an encouraging thing to see :lol: :lol:

Aesma

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:20 pm

US citizens aren't used to making crowds, maybe because of the cult to individualism. I don't think that Clinton would have had as big a crowd as Obama either. Or maybe she would have, but many would have come for Obama, one last time.

Of course, that means that those crowds against Trump are all the more significant.

Francoflier

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:48 pm

BestWestern wrote:
I see Trump is complaining that people are underestimating the crowds at his inauguration. Bless, but pictures tell the true story.

Great to see that there is nothing else to worry about.

Yes, reality is wrong once again. The president of America says so. And he's "like, a really smart person", so you know he's right...

I'm just waiting for next time reality decides to not comply with his whim and vanity to see if he starts to explain that it is because we're really in the Matrix, and the machines are against him.
Not that it would surprise me anymore.

Is there an adult we can speak to?
:sigh:

blacksoviet

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Hillis wrote:
pvjin wrote:
May Trump bring peace to the world after decades of aggression from US imperialists.

Spoken like a true commie. You'd sing the praises of Putin even if Russian forces were putting your back up against a wall.

Russia has an anti-communist government. Putin is a capitalist.