Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Mir
Posts: 19491
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:32 am

Dreadnought wrote:
The list of countries in the ban was made a year or so ago by the Obama administration, and is based on whether there are resources in that country that can provide a reasonably trustworthy verification of a person's identity.


This is not true. The list of countries had nothing to do with the resources in those countries - it was based on concerns that European nationals (who would be eligible for visa-free entry into the US under the Visa Waiver Program) would go to those countries to receive training, return to Europe, and then from there come to the US without a visa to commit attacks. Thus a bill was passed through Congress to prevent people who would otherwise be eligible for the VWP from coming to the US visa-free if they had been to those countries.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:40 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Didn't losing huge in the election teach you the country is sick of this crap?

"losing huge in the election"?
You sure haven't been paying attention.
 
Hillis
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:22 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
More American voters voted against them than for him. So, I do trust the voters. I don't trust the system as we have it.


Just substitute "California" for "Americans" and you have an accurate statement there.


So, Californians aren't Americans? Another Alternative Fact at play? Doesn't matter where they voted from, more AMERICANS voted for Clinton than Trump. You can try to spin that any way you want in your messed up logic, but the math still doesn't work for you.
 
Hillis
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:23 am

The Acting Attorney General just announced that she believes Trump's ban is illegal, and that the DOJ will not defend the Executive Order.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/ ... index.html

The plot thickens, and the resistance mounts.
 
cpd
Posts: 6414
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:46 am

Australians are now exempt from these requirements according to news reports this morning. I've not read them in detail as I don't have time.

NIKV69 wrote:
Just substitute "California" for "Americans" and you have an accurate statement there.


So what do you intend to do about Californians in that respect?
 
afcjets
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:55 am

wstakl wrote:
Any US nationals who voted Trump should be denied entry into any foreign country. Simple as that. I certainly don't want any of you pricks in my country. I am utterly embarrassed that years ago I was so excited about traveling to America. Not any more.
Since US passports do not contain voting records, it would not be as simple as that to enact your extreme level of facism. Just curious, what country are you from? Based on your posting here, their immigration policy is more generous than the US?
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 8357
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:58 am

Any idea how many are denied entry on a normal day?
All posts are just opinions.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 am

LMP737 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
How easy it is to get a green card to begin with.

I got my green card that led to my US citizenship like this:


I'm guessing you have the right skin tone and pray to the correct imaginary friend.


By right skin tone, do you mean black, brown, or yellow? Nigeria, India, and China are the top 3 countries with immigration into the US. Also, US immigration policy favors diversity, obviously (I am not saying it should or shouldn't). There is more diversity in America than ever before, and it happened via immigration, not by two white people having babies.

From https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil. ... stem-works :

"Immigration to the United States is based upon the following principles: the reunification of families, admitting immigrants with skills that are valuable to the U.S. economy, protecting refugees, and promoting diversity."
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 am

Hillis wrote:
The Acting Attorney General just announced that she believes Trump's ban is illegal, and that the DOJ will not defend the Executive Order.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/ ... index.html

The plot thickens, and the resistance mounts.


CNN is reporting that Trump just fired the acting attorney general.

(it's not on the CNN website, but they are saying it ob TV)
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
BestWestern
Posts: 8358
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:39 am

Attorney general questions the legality of the actions.... trump fires the attorney general.

Oh dear.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
ThePointblank
Posts: 3465
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:44 am

dragon-wings wrote:
Hillis wrote:
The Acting Attorney General just announced that she believes Trump's ban is illegal, and that the DOJ will not defend the Executive Order.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/ ... index.html

The plot thickens, and the resistance mounts.


CNN is reporting that Trump just fired the acting attorney general.

(it's not on the CNN website, but they are saying it ob TV)

Here's the Associated Press report:

https://apnews.com/8c0b3e103fd044ad9cbb ... _medium=AP

But read the actual White House press report. Dear god, the personal attacks against the former Attorney General by the White House has sunk to a new low. Basically, the White House statement has called Sally Yates a traitor.
 
cpd
Posts: 6414
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:08 am

ThePointblank wrote:
But read the actual White House press report. Dear god, the personal attacks against the former Attorney General by the White House has sunk to a new low. Basically, the White House statement has called Sally Yates a traitor.


That's not the right way to go about things. Organise a careful transition of power and thank the previous AG for their service to the country, etc.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5367
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:13 am

cpd wrote:
That's not the right way to go about things.


It is when you're turning your country into a dictatorship.

Do what I say or be fired... Who cares about the law?

:tombstone: democracy.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
ThePointblank
Posts: 3465
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:01 am

Apparently, there is dissent in the Cabinet; media reports at least 3 of the top National Security Officials were not aware of the details, and those people were Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Rex Tillerson. Mattis is said to be particularly incensed over not being consulted, and Tillerson is baffled as to why he wasn't consulted either:


https://apnews.com/98c2a8cac3b74bde803f03af4e53af47
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13254
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:49 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
More American voters voted against them than for him. So, I do trust the voters. I don't trust the system as we have it.


Just substitute "California" for "Americans" and you have an accurate statement there.


Or for Trump: just substitute "Texans" for "Americans" and you have an accurate statement there.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13480
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:54 am

Francoflier wrote:
cpd wrote:
That's not the right way to go about things.


It is when you're turning your country into a dictatorship.

Do what I say or be fired... Who cares about the law?

:tombstone: democracy.


Last November the country was asked who the leader would be. They said Trump. He said Sessions. Schumer won't confirm him without the dog and pony show. He would rather fake cry on a Sunday. Trump has a holdover AG who is probably Obama hard left. Shows her true colors instead of stepping down does some Grandstanding and gets fired.

Again please stop the melodrama. Democracy is alive and well buddy.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
ThePointblank
Posts: 3465
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:01 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Last November the country was asked who the leader would be. They said Trump. He said Sessions. Schumer won't confirm him without the dog and pony show. He would rather fake cry on a Sunday. Trump has a holdover AG who is probably Obama hard left. Shows her true colors instead of stepping down does some Grandstanding and gets fired.

Again please stop the melodrama. Democracy is alive and well buddy.

Nope:

http://www.periodicalpress.senate.gov/w ... y-2015.pdf
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... puty-atto/

Sally Yates had broad bi-partisan support; during her confirmation hearing, the Senate voted 84-12 to support her confirmation, and there is a long list of Republican Senators that supported her confirmation.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9645
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:53 am

BestWestern wrote:
Attorney general questions the legality of the actions.... trump fires the attorney general.

Oh dear.


That is what you do with traitors.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13254
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:56 am

seahawk wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
Attorney general questions the legality of the actions.... trump fires the attorney general.

Oh dear.


That is what you do with traitors.


Why isn´t Trump fired yet?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 9645
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:01 am

Because he is the elected president of the United States, get used to it.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13480
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:27 am

cpd wrote:
Australians are now exempt from these requirements according to news reports this morning. I've not read them in detail as I don't have time.

NIKV69 wrote:
Just substitute "California" for "Americans" and you have an accurate statement there.


So what do you intend to do about Californians in that respect?


They get their voice in electoral votes proportionally. Nothing more needed.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
QANTAS077
Posts: 5196
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:08 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:33 am

seahawk wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
Attorney general questions the legality of the actions.... trump fires the attorney general.

Oh dear.


That is what you do with traitors.


he'll have nobody left by the time mid-terms come around...even his own party is starting to turn...and the entire Snr Management of the State Dpt have left on mass.

you can't make this shit up, it's incredible...oh well, there's always that imbecile Jared who can fill the void, when he's not arranging his hair.

love to know what it is that he advises him on, real estate?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13254
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:45 am

Well: now official party line of your new fachist Regime:Kids are scary little monsters....

https://youtu.be/LuacCIchzuc

When did Americans start peeing their pants over 5-year olds...? Torturing a 5-year old is plain disgusting.....

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
cpd
Posts: 6414
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:26 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
cpd wrote:
That's not the right way to go about things.


It is when you're turning your country into a dictatorship.

Do what I say or be fired... Who cares about the law?

:tombstone: democracy.


Last November the country was asked who the leader would be. They said Trump. He said Sessions. Schumer won't confirm him without the dog and pony show. He would rather fake cry on a Sunday. Trump has a holdover AG who is probably Obama hard left. Shows her true colors instead of stepping down does some Grandstanding and gets fired.

Again please stop the melodrama. Democracy is alive and well buddy.



The sooner Trump gets tough and dismantles democracy the better. It will better allow him to serve you.
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 2108
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:58 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Again please stop the melodrama. Democracy is alive and well buddy.


When will the criticism of Trump be legitimate in your view rather than just melodrama?
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15209
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 am

President Trump* has also fired the acting head of ICE for the same issue of insubordination that got the Acting AG fired. Of course, both were likely to be replaced and out of a job with their respective departments soon anyway.
Trump's* EO on Friday is a terrible mistake. It was intentional to pander to his immigrant and anti-Muslim part of his base as well as the Israel lobby, against the nuclear deal with Iran, to make former President and Democrats look bad, to make him look like he is the boss and against terrorism. It was intentionally vague, done in haste, no warnings or instruction how to interpret. A more carefully worded and limited EO, to limit access to the USA for citizens of the target countries as well as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, US citizen visitors to those countries thoroughly interrogated upon return to the USA would have been more broadly accepted, not create the havoc it has and really been effective. Now Trump looks like a fool, likely encouraged more terrorism and hate for the USA, destroyed critical deals and in the end cost billions in lost trade and tourism.
 
PanHAM
Posts: 9719
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 6:44 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:17 am

He should make his first state visit to Turkey rather than the UK. Erdogan could give him som valuable hints how to deal with "traitors" and other critics. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump deports Guelen by executive order. In over 55 years I follow US politics I haven't seen anything like that What does he think he is, God?
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:32 am

When Trump signed this EO Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Rex Tillerson were left in the dark about it. And Sen. Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee learned about the order from the media.

https://apnews.com/ff33dd71587b4c409fea ... Dept.-head

This is just shameful! I wonder if Mattis will quit over this? In the article it said he is incensed over this.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
GBNWB
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:49 pm

I have struggled to follow this story because of the awfully biased news reporting of this in the UK.

My understanding is that Obama prevented foreign nationals with recent travel history to several Middle Eastern countries from entering the USA under the Visa Waver Program? It is the reason I cancelled my trip to Kish Island from Dubai last year.

It seems reasonable to me that nationals of countries with no effective govt such as Libya, Syria and Somalia are prevented from entering the United States. In fact I can't believe they would have been allowed in anyway?

So is the issue people from those countries that have previously been allowed entry to the US but have been overseas for whatever reason and are now struggling to get back in?

The media in the UK keeps talking about a ban on Muslims, but it seems to be more a restriction on nationality rather than religion.

There also seems to be some confusion regarding refugees. Of course they US shouldn't be taking refugees from Syria, does the Geneva Convention not state that refugees should claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive in, so Turkey? If the US took refugees from Syria how will they ever get rid of them again? Not to mention as there is no effective police criminal record or intelligence database in Syria one assumes, how can you check that the person you are taking in is not a terrorist? For the exact same reasons I would not want the UK to take in any of these people.

One day people wont be killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend, but I doubt I will be alive to see it.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13254
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:59 pm

GBNWB wrote:
One day people wont be killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend, but I doubt I will be alive to see it.


It would be a start if people would start calling them imaginary friends and get over this stupid "respect for other peoples faith". There is no more reason to have respect for someone that talks to Jesus than there is talking to Napoleon. You treat crazy people careful, but not with special respect. The difference being that Napoleon definitely existed, and Jesus very probably did not ever walk the earth.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:30 pm

GBNWB wrote:
I have struggled to follow this story because of the awfully biased news reporting of this in the UK.

My understanding is that Obama prevented foreign nationals with recent travel history to several Middle Eastern countries from entering the USA under the Visa Waver Program? It is the reason I cancelled my trip to Kish Island from Dubai last year.

It seems reasonable to me that nationals of countries with no effective govt such as Libya, Syria and Somalia are prevented from entering the United States. In fact I can't believe they would have been allowed in anyway?

So is the issue people from those countries that have previously been allowed entry to the US but have been overseas for whatever reason and are now struggling to get back in?

The media in the UK keeps talking about a ban on Muslims, but it seems to be more a restriction on nationality rather than religion.

There also seems to be some confusion regarding refugees. Of course they US shouldn't be taking refugees from Syria, does the Geneva Convention not state that refugees should claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive in, so Turkey? If the US took refugees from Syria how will they ever get rid of them again? Not to mention as there is no effective police criminal record or intelligence database in Syria one assumes, how can you check that the person you are taking in is not a terrorist? For the exact same reasons I would not want the UK to take in any of these people.

One day people wont be killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend, but I doubt I will be alive to see it.


This is the difference between the Trump ban and what Obama did

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... on-restri/

The Canadian Immigration Minister and Mo Farah haven't suddenly become security risks. A British Citizen for example with dual nationality, e g my work colleague who has dual British/Iranian citizenship is now unable to visit our American Branch of the company whereas before he could.. Hardly a terrorist.
 
GBNWB
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:02 pm

Your friend who is a UK and Iranian national can still enter the United States on his UK passport. Similarly if Mo Farrah has a UK passport he can enter the United States on that.
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:16 pm

GBNWB wrote:
Your friend who is a UK and Iranian national can still enter the United States on his UK passport. Similarly if Mo Farrah has a UK passport he can enter the United States on that.


So it's been 'clarified' Has the Executive order been changed or is the administration playing fast and loose with what it says?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13254
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:18 pm

GBNWB wrote:
Your friend who is a UK and Iranian national can still enter the United States on his UK passport. Similarly if Mo Farrah has a UK passport he can enter the United States on that.


Wrong. Of course.

It goes by nationality, not by the passport you use.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
solarflyer22
Topic Author
Posts: 1517
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:52 pm

GBNWB wrote:
Your friend who is a UK and Iranian national can still enter the United States on his UK passport. Similarly if Mo Farrah has a UK passport he can enter the United States on that.


UK back tracked and said ask the US embassy in London. They apparently have a verbal agreement to let in UK/Iran dual nationals. Other EU states do not.

Israel is working on Iraqi, Iranian Jews to get exempted as well. No religious test here! Move along.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13480
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:32 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
More American voters voted against them than for him. So, I do trust the voters. I don't trust the system as we have it.


Just substitute "California" for "Americans" and you have an accurate statement there.


Or for Trump: just substitute "Texans" for "Americans" and you have an accurate statement there.

Best regards
Thomas


You want to go ahead and insult the independents in MI, PA. NC and FL go right ahead. It's fine. It will be just as gleeful to watch another election loss in two years.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
windy95
Posts: 2781
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:38 am

tommy1808 wrote:
GBNWB wrote:
Your friend who is a UK and Iranian national can still enter the United States on his UK passport. Similarly if Mo Farrah has a UK passport he can enter the United States on that.


Wrong. Of course.

It goes by nationality, not by the passport you use.

Best regards
Thomas


Nope for dual citizens it goes by passport presented
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4145
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:40 am

solarflyer22 wrote:
Israel is working on Iraqi, Iranian Jews to get exempted as well. No religious test here! Move along.


And Trump himself said that Christians will be given priority over other refugees.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politics/ ... -refugees/
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
windy95
Posts: 2781
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:50 am

dragon-wings wrote:
When Trump signed this EO Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Rex Tillerson were left in the dark about it. And Sen. Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee learned about the order from the media.

https://apnews.com/ff33dd71587b4c409fea ... Dept.-head

This is just shameful! I wonder if Mattis will quit over this? In the article it said he is incensed over this.


The DHS head John Kelly was in on the whole deal and people in his department helped in the writing of the order. Mattis was not incensed about the EO itself but just that Iraqis who had helped the US military needed waivers. And Tillerson has no official capacity yet so nothing to see here but more fake news
 
solarflyer22
Topic Author
Posts: 1517
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 am

windy95 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
GBNWB wrote:
Your friend who is a UK and Iranian national can still enter the United States on his UK passport. Similarly if Mo Farrah has a UK passport he can enter the United States on that.


Wrong. Of course.

It goes by nationality, not by the passport you use.

Best regards
Thomas


Nope for dual citizens it goes by passport presented


Yeah I dont think so. It says Place of Birth on every passport. For certain people, myself included, the customs agent will necessarily see a country different listed there than that of the passport. Since you can assume that if one were born in one of these 7 said countries they are also a citizen, they would then enforce whatever screening or rejection is deemed appropriate.

Now what I would do is say I have renounced my citizenship from the Axis of Evil and therefore rules don't apply. I dont think that works. Also, I think the follow on rule will cover merely traveling into one of these 7 countries and/or designated "State sponsors of terrorism"
 
prebennorholm
Posts: 7078
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 6:25 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:35 am

solarflyer22 wrote:
windy95 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Wrong. Of course.

It goes by nationality, not by the passport you use.

Best regards
Thomas


Nope for dual citizens it goes by passport presented


Yeah I dont think so. It says Place of Birth on every passport. For certain people, myself included, the customs agent will necessarily see a country different listed there than that of the passport. Since you can assume that if one were born in one of these 7 said countries they are also a citizen, they would then enforce whatever screening or rejection is deemed appropriate.

Now what I would do is say I have renounced my citizenship from the Axis of Evil and therefore rules don't apply. I dont think that works. Also, I think the follow on rule will cover merely traveling into one of these 7 countries and/or designated "State sponsors of terrorism"

The US embassy here in Denmark has made pretty clear how it works.

If you have dual citizenship, and/or your have one of the 7 states as birthplace printed in your Danish passport, then that doesn't prevent any visit to the USA.

But if you have traveled back and forth between Denmark and one of the 7 countries, then you will need a 100% proof of convincing and legitimate reasons for that travel in order to be permitted entrance in the USA. It will be decided on a case by case basis, and the DHS decision will be final.

This is exactly as it has always been, so business as usual. Anyway the screening process may now be tougher than it was last week.

There was some confusion on Saturday and Sunday, probably because the embassy staff hadn't been on a training course before Mr. Trump signed the papers Friday night, and the staff on weekend alert were likely not always sufficiently briefed. Various media reported strange and conflicting things after having asked the embassy. Strange things very similar to the strange things told on this thread.
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13254
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 am

NIKV69 wrote:
You want to go ahead and insult the independents in MI, PA. NC and FL go right ahead. It's fine. It will be just as gleeful to watch another election loss in two years.


Well, in the real world Trump would not be in office if he hadn't won Taxas. He is just as much POTUS only because of Taxes as Hillary got her enormous lead in the popular vote from California.

I know Trump supporters are regularly disgusted by facts, but I can't help you there.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5367
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:05 am

dragon-wings wrote:
And Trump himself said that Christians will be given priority over other refugees.


Does that mean the US is now officially segregating based on religion?

Isn't that a pretty big deal? Human rights and all that..

I mean, is Trump really about to pi$$ off the entire Muslim world just to appease his bigoted supporters who can only associate muslims with terrorists?

I'm sure islamist terror groups will not use that as fodder. And since there's absolutely no way for them to get in the US thanks to this super effective ban, then it's all good, right?

I mean, unless they get fake papers through terrorist organizations in, say, Pakistan, which will never get a ban because Trump has businesses there... But they'll never think of that. I'm sure.

It all makes perfect sense!
:bomb:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 13254
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:10 am

Francoflier wrote:
I'm sure islamist terror groups will not use that as fodder.


Given how delighted ISIS, Al Qaida and such reacted to the EO, one could think Trump wrote it specifically to support Muslim Terrorist groups.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 3584
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:03 am

tommy1808 wrote:
GBNWB wrote:
One day people wont be killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend, but I doubt I will be alive to see it.


It would be a start if people would start calling them imaginary friends and get over this stupid "respect for other peoples faith". There is no more reason to have respect for someone that talks to Jesus than there is talking to Napoleon. You treat crazy people careful, but not with special respect. The difference being that Napoleon definitely existed, and Jesus very probably did not ever walk the earth.

best regards
Thomas

It think I boiled it down to the major differences between the Christian fundamentalists and the Islamic ones is the name the give to their imaginary friend and the brand of pickup truck they prefer.

Religion (mainly the Abraham's faiths it seems) are one of the only forces on earth that make good people do bad things.

It's funny how it seems the same people who are suckered into the lies of religion are suckered into the lies of the cult of populism.

Fred
Image
 
BestWestern
Posts: 8358
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 am

In the same way that 99.9999999999999999% of muslims aren't terrorists, don't paint all religious people the same way.

Would it be possible to stop calling people names in this forum?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
flipdewaf
Posts: 3584
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:41 am

BestWestern wrote:
In the same way that 99.9999999999999999% of muslims aren't terrorists, don't paint all religious people the same way.

Would it be possible to stop calling people names in this forum?

Absolutely, we should t single out religions to make fun of their nonsense, they are all as evil as each other!

Fred
Image
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9386
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:54 am

An Icelandic athlete with dual citizenship, traveling to a competition in the USA, was ordered of the airplane on Monday after the airline got an order from the USA authorities.
It seems he will be aloud to travel today.
 
GBNWB
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:09 pm

So basically, for an Iranian born British Citizen nothing has changed, but an Iranian citizen with a work visa who has been home for the weekend to Tehran might not get back in? Or has the whole thing blown over now anyway?
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:06 pm

GBNWB wrote:
So basically, for an Iranian born British Citizen nothing has changed, but an Iranian citizen with a work visa who has been home for the weekend to Tehran might not get back in? Or has the whole thing blown over now anyway?


An Iranian citizen with a green card who has been to Canada or the United Kingdom on business or the see friends will not be allowed back into the United States.

An Iranian dual citizen of any country apart from the United States, United Kingdom and apparently Australia is in the same boat.

Anyone from one of those terror madrassas in Pakistan or Saud are free to come and go.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flyguy89, kalvado, Kno, speedygonzales, USAirFLL and 30 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos