Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dtw2hyd

Re: VISA Issues and immigration Presidential Directive

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:57 pm

If the reason for asylum/refugee application is the risk to their life in homeland, why are they going back to homeland as soon as they get green card here?
All posts are just opinions.

vrbarreto

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:03 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
If the reason for asylum/refugee application is the risk to their life in homeland, why are they going back to homeland as soon as they get green card here?

Who says they do? As soon as they leave the country and go ANYWHERE they can't get back in.

Case in point. Iranian dissident. Still has Iranian citizenship. Is only able to see his relatives by flying to London and meeting them there.

Or someone working overseas who normally lives in the United States

http://fortune.com/2017/01/29/iranian-a ... ravel-ban/

Can't any more because of the 'temporary' ban.

Can't even go over to border to Canada.

And what proof is there of refugees/asylum seekers going straight back to the country they fled as soon as they get a green card?

mad99

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Does anyone know if the waterboarding is back on for detainees?

vrbarreto

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:56 pm

mad99 wrote:
Does anyo[*]ne know if the waterboarding is back on for detainees?

No they're starting with abbas greatest hits sung by Alvin and theadore.

tommy1808

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:13 pm

mad99 wrote:
Does anyone know if the waterboarding is back on for detainees?

Iirc correctly there is a law in place making the practice illegal, and EO's can not violate law made by Congress.

Then again, you can't ignore federal court rulings either. ...

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

PanHAM

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:34 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
mad99 wrote:
Does anyo[*]ne know if the waterboarding is back on for detainees?

No they're starting with abbas greatest hits sung by Alvin and theadore.

followed by forced watching all series of "The Apprentice".
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

cpd

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:11 am

The former PM of Norway was caught up by these checks too:

http://wjla.com/news/local/former-norwe ... es-airport

The Christian Democratic Party politician had previously been to Iran in 2014. Surprised they didn't notice that he was a former Prime Minister.

incitatus

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:09 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02 ... nwide.html

Ban voided by federal judge. This ban has been a travesty. Stephen Miller's motivation is cultural/anti-immigrant. Refugees and foreigners that request visas are already under extreme vetting. I am amazed at how this administration can lie to the People with such a straight face.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

cpd

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:09 am

incitatus wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/03/federal-judge-in-seattle-temporarily-halts-trump-s-immigration-order-nationwide.html

Ban voided by federal judge. This ban has been a travesty. Stephen Miller's motivation is cultural/anti-immigrant. Refugees and foreigners that request visas are already under extreme vetting. I am amazed at how this administration can lie to the People with such a straight face.

It's more about giving the impression of safety, rather than the citizens actually being safer. It's the oldest trick in the book which they copied from John Howard and Tony Abbott, talk up a crisis and then sweep in as the great saviour. Unfortunately it doesn't go so well when they talk up an economic crisis, and then it actually happens on their watch! Which is what has happened to the current government here in Australia.

NIKV69

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:29 am

incitatus wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/03/federal-judge-in-seattle-temporarily-halts-trump-s-immigration-order-nationwide.html

This was destined to go to the SCOTUS from the beginning since the Dems will do this with everything they can't stop.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Hillis

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:06 am

NIKV69 wrote:
incitatus wrote:

This was destined to go to the SCOTUS from the beginning since the Dems will do this with everything they can't stop.

Yeah, no one has ever done that before, have they?

Your short-term amensia is impressively ignorant.

NIKV69

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:52 am

Hillis wrote:

Oh yea invoking the mandate so people have to be forced to pay for free health care. Of course. You are all about free stuff. Remember one thing. It's that piece of legislation that is responsible for you calling Trump President.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Hillis

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:59 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:

Oh yea invoking the mandate so people have to be forced to pay for free health care. Of course. You are all about free stuff. Remember one thing. It's that piece of legislation that is responsible for you calling Trump President.

How did free stuff get into this? How do you get forced to "pay" for "free" health care? And what "free health care" are you blabbering about? I don't see any free healthcare anywhere. Where did you find it?

Boeing717200

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:04 am

incitatus wrote:

I really wish people would read before they post. It's not "voided". It's a TRO on certain provisions that affected those holding Visas. I'm amazed how little people understand about this. Should we talk about Obamas bench appointments that were declared unconstitutional? Get a flipping grip.
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!

NIKV69

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:02 am

Hillis wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:

How did free stuff get into this? How do you get forced to "pay" for "free" health care? And what "free health care" are you blabbering about? I don't see any free healthcare anywhere. Where did you find it?

You made reference to the GOP taking Obama to SCOTUS no?
I am the Googlizer!!!

KDTWflyer

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:25 am

wstakl wrote:
Any US nationals who voted Trump should be denied entry into any foreign country. Simple as that. I certainly don't want any of you pricks in my country. I am utterly embarrassed that years ago I was so excited about traveling to America. Not any more.

Trump is an international embarrassment to the United States and will go down in history as one of the worst presidents this country has ever had at the helm. The EO and it’s implementation is a disgrace and will do nothing to enhance the security of the country. Fortunately, a federal judge in Washington State put forth a temporary restraining order on this nonsense. Oh, yeah, I am also a white middle class dude from the American Midwest and did not vote for DJT. Perhaps because I’m college-educated and have actually been outside of the United States before? – Minor trolling acknowledged :)

readytotaxi

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:46 pm

I tend to agree that Trump is an embarrassment to a great country. Never met the man and base my opinion on reporting from around the globe so as not to get a narrow view. He does not understand the workings of diplomacy and the benefits it can bring. If America does not find itself in a very serious incident in the first 100 days they will be very lucky.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

Boeing717200

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:50 pm

KDTWflyer wrote:
wstakl wrote:
Any US nationals who voted Trump should be denied entry into any foreign country. Simple as that. I certainly don't want any of you pricks in my country. I am utterly embarrassed that years ago I was so excited about traveling to America. Not any more.

Trump is an international embarrassment to the United States and will go down in history as one of the worst presidents this country has ever had at the helm. The EO and it’s implementation is a disgrace and will do nothing to enhance the security of the country. Fortunately, a federal judge in Washington State put forth a temporary restraining order on this nonsense. Oh, yeah, I am also a white middle class dude from the American Midwest and did not vote for DJT. Perhaps because I’m college-educated and have actually been outside of the United States before? – Minor trolling acknowledged :)

One week in. Whatever. People ran around calling Reagan a fascist and an idiot. If the interwebs existed, the same crap would be said about him. I think you lack perspective outside your liberal bubble.
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!

dtw2hyd

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:38 pm

I think if media stop throwing flame bait, less people would suffer. Now based on reports, DoS is revoking thousands of visas. Without valid visas no question of travel, indirect travel ban, TRO is useless.

A judge cannot rule to issue or to reinstate visa to a individual, there is no scope of class action. Pundits and media should be aware of it.

By the time this is on SCOTUS docket, reps would push thru his nomination, waiting for ruling.

vrbarreto

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
KDTWflyer wrote:
wstakl wrote:

One week in. Whatever. People ran around calling Reagan a fascist and an idiot. If the interwebs existed, the same crap would be said about him. I think you lack perspective outside your liberal bubble.

Reagan was an idiot but he wasn't mentally unstable.. He did have those around him who weren't looking to start world war 3. Not only is trump an idiot those around d him are fascists and liars. Important difference. Those around Reagan knew the meaning of realpolitik. Trump only knows Twitter.

You are bordering on totalitarian rule when you start attacking those who are in place to protect the laws and constitution.

Reminds me of the modus operandi of a certain 20th century leader who is probably the idol of Stephen brannon.

pvjin

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:58 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
Reminds me of the modus operandi of a certain 20th century leader who is probably the idol of Stephen brannon.

If you are referring to Hitler, let's not forget that he would have never gained power if the US had stayed with its isolationist policies similar to those Trump advocates today. American imperialism and interventionism have given this world much more bad than good. It's time for NATO and the US to start minding their own business instead of exporting war and terror abroad.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

salttee

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:02 pm

pvjin wrote:
If you are referring to Hitler, let's not forget that he would have never gained power if the US had stayed with its isolationist policies similar to those Trump advocates today. American imperialism and interventionism have given this world much more bad than good. It's time for NATO and the US to start minding their own business instead of exporting war and terror abroad.

You have a unique and very distorted version of history in your head. The US had nothing to do with the rise of Hitler. And the US was quite isolationist in the 1920s and early 1930s.

solarflyer22
Topic Author

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:06 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
Boeing717200 wrote:
KDTWflyer wrote:

Reagan was an idiot but he wasn't mentally unstable.. He did have those around him who weren't looking to start world war 3. Not only is trump an idiot those around d him are fascists and liars. Important difference. Those around Reagan knew the meaning of realpolitik. Trump only knows Twitter.

You are bordering on totalitarian rule when you start attacking those who are in place to protect the laws and constitution.

I agree. Reagan had great advisors whereas Trump has white supremacists, idiots, fascists and bankers. This will really make the system buckle. Its designed to stop one bad guy not 7.

salttee

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:44 pm

solarflyer22 wrote:
Reagan had great advisors

Yea, I can see why you would think John Poindexter and Ollie North were great advisors.
Those of us who live in the US have good reason to disagree with you though.

seb146

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:51 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
I think if media stop throwing flame bait, less people would suffer.

Let me translate that:

"I think if the media would stop reporting facts on Trump, he would be happy."
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Boeing717200 wrote:
KDTWflyer wrote:
wstakl wrote:

Who called the first celebrity president fascist? He did have others running the country for him, because of his declining health. There are many things we can see now that we were not told about then and we can make judgement calls about. He had good handlers. Not great, not excellent, but good. They knew which countries should not be pissed off. His handlers also saw opportunities at personal gain. Iran-Contra? And, let's not forget that St. Ronnie also started millions of illegals on the path to legal American citizenship.

Hillis

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:19 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Again, what are you blabbering about? You're making no sense. And again, how does one "pay" for something you say is "free"?

dtw2hyd

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Let me translate that:

Different people respond to flame bait differently. That's a truth.

Media: We are going to keep a scorecard of his promises.
Trump: I am going to sign 20 EO/PDs in 12 days.
Media: OMG it is a muslim ban
Trump: No, these are the countries of concern Obama identified.
Media: Hey, we got a TRO from 9th circuit court
Trump: 1st circuit court upheld our position

While this is going on if US allegedly revoked 100K visas
Media: This is contempt of court
Trump: No, this is within executive branch power, and foreigners don't have right to due process

Even if Supreme Court rules EO is unconstitutional, it cannot force executive branch to reinstate visas. Who are the losers at the end?

Waiting out 90 days or losing visa permanently. Credit goes to media.

NIKV69

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Hillis wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Hillis wrote:

Again, what are you blabbering about? You're making no sense. And again, how does one "pay" for something you say is "free"?

The ACA was far from free. Again Trump didn't win for nothing.

Cheers.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Tugger

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:06 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
The ACA was far from free. Again Trump didn't win for nothing.

And the Republican's in Congress did nothing for 6 years to work on and address the issues and problems with the ACA. They only blocked, refused, and only worked tto repeal and nothing ele instead of trying to work cooperatively with others to make it work effectively. At the very beginning the Republicans and their supposed supporters refused to work with Democrats to craft the best bill they could. Any Republican that dared to reach across the aisle was attacked by "right wing" voices with their version of fake news and forced to drop assisting or face being forced out. The Republicans are very much to blame for forcing the bill to the absolute left as it had to in order to get the votes it needed to pass. If just a few of them (7-10) had had input and influence they wouldn't have the problem they have nw when they are now working to create a "new ACA/Trumpcare" version.

The idea that working to make a president and administration "fail" is one I dislike but one cannot deny that it is apparently an effective strategy as proved by the Republicans. So I would fully expect and understand the Democrats to do that now. I mean why an earth should they not? The "people spoke" when Obama was elected and reelected him and his policies and the Republicans ignored them. So why does saying now "the people spoke and elected Trump and his ideas" hold ANY weight now? Seriously, why?

If I were the Dems in Congress I would refuse to vote on or for any USSC justice unless they met my criteria. The Republican's refused to do anything on Obama's so this is obviously the right course of action,

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

QANTAS077

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:00 pm

well, safe to say that the USA is still deeply divided...this thread confirms that.

mham001

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
I tend to agree that Trump is an embarrassment to a great country. Never met the man and base my opinion on reporting from around the globe so as not to get a narrow view. He does not understand the workings of diplomacy and the benefits it can bring. If America does not find itself in a very serious incident in the first 100 days they will be very lucky.

It's like deja vu all over again. Just like 1980 and Reagan. The media, like then, is feeding the flames. Meanwhile...

In the week since President Trump issued his executive order targeting refugees and citizens of seven countries in the Middle East and Africa, more than 40,000 people have 'liked' the 'Friends of Donald J. Trump in Lebanon' Facebook page. Most of the members seem to be Lebanese but some are from Egypt and other parts of the Middle East. Many in the online community praise Trump’s strongman talk of fighting terrorism and ask him to destroy the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), using the hashtag #MakeTheMiddleEastGreatAgain.

“We love you mr president keep going,” reads one comment. “He has every right to protect his own people from any foreign threat,” reads another. Others have more simple requests: “Love u trump and my dream is to go to America.”

Nehme shrugs off the ban on the seven majority-Muslim countries and says he doesn’t see it as ban on Muslims, only on terrorists. Lebanon is not one of the countries affected by the ban and like many Lebanese Nehme doubts that ban could ever be extended to his country.

Many on the Facebook page cheered on the ban and Tohme says the U.S. has right to protect itself and temporarily ban nationals from some countries. “Half of those countries don’t have functioning governments,” Tohme says.What does Tohme hope Trump will accomplish in the next four years? “First, we hope it will be eight years,” says Tohme. “And if America becomes great again, we are sure Lebanon will tag along.”
http://time.com/4659638/donald-trump-mi ... non-arabs/

vrbarreto

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:55 pm

very Verband nationaldeutscher Juden

Hillis

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:00 am

The beautiful thing about the Judge putting a stay on the travel ban, and DHS affirming that, is that someone finally gave Trump a political slap in the face, and showed him he cannot be a dictator whose word is law. He's acted like a Monarch with his flurry of Executive Orders, and maybe, just maybe, it'll be a dose of reality for him. Personally, I think it won't change him at all.

And it's amazing after Trump and the idiots voted for him spent 8 years railing against Obama about the use of Executive Orders, even though he put out far less than his predecessors, we have silence from these same idiots when it comes to Trump's Rule By Decree.

pvjin

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:01 am

salttee wrote:
You have a unique and very distorted version of history in your head. The US had nothing to do with the rise of Hitler. And the US was quite isolationist in the 1920s and early 1930s.

If Germany hadn't lost WW1 so bad the chances are Hitler would have never gained power, as he could rise only because the entente decided to ruin the German economy with ridiculous compensation demands. Without US aid to France and UK in WW1 Germany wouldn't have lost so bad, they could have even won.

So yes, different policy on the part of the US could have saved the world from Hitler.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

seb146

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:01 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
seb146 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Let me translate that:

Different people respond to flame bait differently. That's a truth.

Media: We are going to keep a scorecard of his promises.
Trump: I am going to sign 20 EO/PDs in 12 days.
Media: OMG it is a muslim ban
Trump: No, these are the countries of concern Obama identified.
Media: Hey, we got a TRO from 9th circuit court
Trump: 1st circuit court upheld our position

While this is going on if US allegedly revoked 100K visas
Media: This is contempt of court
Trump: No, this is within executive branch power, and foreigners don't have right to due process

Even if Supreme Court rules EO is unconstitutional, it cannot force executive branch to reinstate visas. Who are the losers at the end?

Waiting out 90 days or losing visa permanently. Credit goes to media.

He is ruling by decree so fast and furious, the media can not catch up. Banning ALL of one religious group from countries that he does not have business in is mighty suspicious. Especially when he has not separated himself from his businesses!

mham001

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:50 am

seb146 wrote:
Banning ALL of one religious group from countries that he does not have business in is mighty suspicious.

You seem to have complete disregard for the truth when it doesn't fit your agenda, don't you?

salttee

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:04 am

pvjin wrote:
If Germany hadn't lost WW1 so bad the chances are Hitler would have never gained power, as he could rise only because the entente decided to ruin the German economy with ridiculous compensation demands. Without US aid to France and UK in WW1 Germany wouldn't have lost so bad, they could have even won.

So yes, different policy on the part of the US could have saved the world from Hitler.

Do you realize how goofy your logic is in that post? You might as well blame Spain, if they would have fought a little harder at Gravelines, the English would have been defeated and the whole series of events that gave us WW2 would have been circumvented.

dtw2hyd

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:07 am

seb146 wrote:
He is ruling by decree so fast and furious

I would say, courtesy CNN.

seb146 wrote:
Banning ALL of one religious group from countries that he does not have business in is mighty suspicious. Especially when he has not separated himself from his businesses!

So, even if Trump changes date and signature of a Obama 2011 EO, media will throw a hissy fit.

No one is a saint in politics, when did Obama had a change of heart on Dreamers and Equality, just before 2012 election, mighty suspicious.

Obama got the Deporter-in-Chief title prior to 2012 by deporting 480,000 in one year. Still a record for deportations in single year by any administration.

And on the Equality issue, Obama evolved!!! whatever it means.

One wouldn't know these unstable countries never caused any loss of life until last week. Media always referred these as dangerous countries, now they are fact checking?.

Why am I sounding like Fox News supporting Trump, I myself don't know.

incitatus

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:24 am

dtw2hyd wrote:

Obama got the Deporter-in-Chief title prior to 2012 by deporting 480,000 in one year. Still a record for deportations in single year by any administration.

That is one positive trait of Obama. He was able to deport record number of undocumented immigrants, go after Bin Laden and use drones to kill a couple of thousand people abroad. He was not soft like right-wing media tried to portray him. But he did it without making incendiary, divisive or idiotic remarks - he was a soft talker who used a big stick when needed. Trump on the other is the tough talker, pissing people off. So far, he also hasn't shown he thinks things through before signing a piece of paper. Rule by intimidation through Twitter is not going to work with the Judiciary.

mham001

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 am

incitatus wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

That is one positive trait of Obama. He was able to deport record number of undocumented immigrants, go after Bin Laden and use drones to kill a couple of thousand people abroad. He was not soft like right-wing media tried to portray him. But he did it without making incendiary, divisive or idiotic remarks - he was a soft talker who used a big stick when needed. Trump on the other is the tough talker, pissing people off. So far, he also hasn't shown he thinks things through before signing a piece of paper. Rule by intimidation through Twitter is not going to work with the Judiciary.

I can agree with this, he can obtain his objectives quietly through the bureaucracy. Slow down funding at certain embassies, etc...

seb146

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:58 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
seb146 wrote:
He is ruling by decree so fast and furious

I would say, courtesy CNN.

So now there can be no fact checking of presidents? I thought that was the job of the media 2008-2016. I thought that was demanded of the media by so-called "patriots" when Obama was president, signing fewer executive orders than so many presidents before him. Not so, according to right wing media, but facts say otherwise.

dtw2hyd wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Banning ALL of one religious group from countries that he does not have business in is mighty suspicious. Especially when he has not separated himself from his businesses!

So, even if Trump changes date and signature of a Obama 2011 EO, media will throw a hissy fit.

No one is a saint in politics, when did Obama had a change of heart on Dreamers and Equality, just before 2012 election, mighty suspicious.

And on the Equality issue, Obama evolved!!! whatever it means.

One wouldn't know these unstable countries never caused any loss of life until last week. Media always referred these as dangerous countries, now they are fact checking?.

Why am I sounding like Fox News supporting Trump, I myself don't know.

The average American does not know what is going on in the Middle East except Islamic terrorism and Islamic extremists are coming into the United States from the Muslim countries to take over and force Sharia law on everyone. And poor Israel always under attack by Islamic extremists. No burqa because that is a sign of Islamic terrorists. No speaking Arabic because Muslim terrorists speak Arabic. These are things right wing media has taught Americans. Be afraid of everyone different than you at all times and at all costs.

scbriml

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:44 am

In a late night ruling, the US Appeals Court rejected the Trump administration's request to reinstate the travel ban.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38872680
The US federal appeals court has rejected the Trump administration's request to reinstate a travel ban blocked by a federal judge on Friday.

The late night ruling means the travel ban will remain suspended until the full case has been heard.

The court gave the White House and the states challenging it a deadline of Monday to present more arguments.

State lawyers had said the travel ban, affecting people from seven countries, was unconstitutional.

I found this "legal" argument by the administration amusing "In its appeal, the Justice Department said blocking the travel ban amounted to questioning President Trump's judgment on national security risk."
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

dtw2hyd

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:25 pm

seb146 wrote:
So now there can be no fact checking of presidents? I thought that was the job of the media 2008-2016. I thought that was demanded of the media by so-called "patriots" when Obama was president, signing fewer executive orders than so many presidents before him. Not so, according to right wing media, but facts say otherwise.

I haven't checked but apparently per SNL, Obama still holds the record of 19 EO/PDs in 12 days (vs) Trump's 18 EO/PDs in 12 days.

So what is the difference between 2009 Fox News and 2017 CNN? They are doing exactly the same. CNN used to my single source for news because they used to be balanced, now they are just confused and I have to cut down because of their constant whining.

No one including Republicans, Right wing media, Russians and Trump himself didn't expect to win. Now everyone jumped on the bandwagon and claiming this was always been the master plan.

Liberal media which was constantly preaching Trump about peaceful transition of power not able to grapple with the outcome. Aren't they supposed to be the intellectuals?

Trump has no team in place, daily they are pulling out an old EO/PD and sign it (or) read out an old Obama administration's press release. Haley's UN readout and WH current position on Israeli settlements are two such examples.

GDB

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:20 pm

mham001 wrote:
incitatus wrote:
[quote="dtw2hyd"
I can agree with this, he can obtain his objectives quietly through the bureaucracy. Slow down funding at certain embassies, etc...

Not even a nice try at distortion, your GOP mates forced cutbacks in embassy security. It will be documented if you bother - or have the ability - to go find it.
(Which sort of explains their obsession with that attack, distort to cover their ass).

GDB

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:20 pm

mham001 wrote:
incitatus wrote:
[quote="dtw2hyd"

Not even a nice try at distortion, your GOP mates forced cutbacks in embassy security. It will be documented if you bother - or have the ability - to go find it.
(Which sort of explains their obsession with that attack, distort to cover their ass).

ltbewr

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:29 pm

The 9th Circuit US Court of Appeals has temporarily ruled overnight allowing the District Court decision stay in place, briefs due probably Monday and oral arguments on Tuesday to the 9th Circuit.
I suspect the Trump Administration is appealing directly to the US Supreme Court under emergency expedited procedures to get a them to overturn the lower court's ruling and bypass the 9th Circuit.
This is going to blow up bigger than the Bush v. Gore election cases, likely massive medial attention and protests and what could be a ruling that could set the powers of the President in Executive Orders, if we continue as a country of laws or a dictatorship.

incitatus

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:34 pm

"For the safety of our country, we will win". How ridiculous is that? It is pretty clear security is not the driving reason for this executive order.

dtw2hyd

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:49 pm

SCOTUS can rule on constitutional and statutory limitations of EO, but not on individual visas. While it will be a win for liberals, no use for refugees and immigrants, they are just pawns in the game.

seb146

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:36 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I haven't checked but apparently per SNL, Obama still holds the record of 19 EO/PDs in 12 days (vs) Trump's 18 EO/PDs in 12 days.

And the right screamed that he was "ignoring the Constitution" and "ruling by decree" and so forth. Yet, when the human cheeto does THE EXACT SAME THING not a peep.

So what is the difference between 2009 Fox News and 2017 CNN? They are doing exactly the same. CNN used to my single source for news because they used to be balanced, now they are just confused and I have to cut down because of their constant whining.

Again, Fox does it and it is fine, nothing to see here. CNN does THE EXACT SAME THING and they need to shut the hell up.

No one including Republicans, Right wing media, Russians and Trump himself didn't expect to win. Now everyone jumped on the bandwagon and claiming this was always been the master plan.

Liberal media which was constantly preaching Trump about peaceful transition of power not able to grapple with the outcome. Aren't they supposed to be the intellectuals?

Actually, for about a year, "liberal" media was warning about how awful he would be. But, because "liberal" media is not to be trusted, righties just told us to shut the hell up. Righties have been brainwashed to believe that Fox and AM radio are the only legitimate sources and everyone else is either lying or hates America.