Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zrs70
Topic Author

I see no reason NOT to trust Trump...

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:37 am

He seems to be a man if his word, fulfilling all his campaign promises.

US voters should be ashamed for voting this man in.
Last edited by zrs70 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2020

Aesma

Re: I see no reason NOT to trust Trump...

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:41 am

First promise fulfilled by Obama : executive order to close Guantanamo.

Guantanamo is still open.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

stratosphere

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:32 am

Aesma wrote:
First promise fulfilled by Obama : executive order to close Guantanamo.

Guantanamo is still open.

What are you talking about Trump wants to keep Gueantanamo open and bring back all the terrorists that Obama let go

Aesma

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:51 am

I'm talking about Trump having done nothing else than executive orders, that are not always very effective, as proven by Obama.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Siren

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:23 pm

zrs70 wrote:

Yes, like he said he'd turn over control of his companies to his sons... we're 9 days into his presidency, he hasn't transferred control of a single entity out of his name.

Francoflier

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Siren wrote:
zrs70 wrote:

Yes, like he said he'd turn over control of his companies to his sons... we're 9 days into his presidency, he hasn't transferred control of a single entity out of his name.

He won't if he can get away with it.
He is treating the constitution as toilet paper but the people who like his idiotic slogans and schoolyard antics are too content to care.

Yes, he is doing what he said he would (well, kinda).
The problem is all he said he would do is stick America's head in the sand hoping it will make its problems go away...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

ltbewr

Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Don't blame me, I voted for Hillary Clinton.
To me as an article I read a few weeks ago said, Donald Trump is legally the President, but he has no moral or political authority.

winterlight

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:58 pm

I had to laugh at the news report on the US raid in Yemen today. It said Trump was taking a more "aggressive approach" to dealing with Al Qaeda and IS. Considering Obama did nothing at all apart from fund and arm them anything else would seem "aggresive".
Question everything. Trust no-one.

seb146

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Aesma wrote:
I'm talking about Trump having done nothing else than executive orders, that are not always very effective, as proven by Obama.

The right screamed and hollered and got their knickers in a twist every time Obama signed an executive order. The orange menace signs executive order after executive order and silence from the right. Color me shocked.... :roll:
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:57 pm

winterlight wrote:
I had to laugh at the news report on the US raid in Yemen today. It said Trump was taking a more "aggressive approach" to dealing with Al Qaeda and IS. Considering Obama did nothing at all apart from fund and arm them anything else would seem "aggresive".

Why, then, were there drone strikes and military operations against terror groups under Obama if Obama did nothing?

http://www.theatlantic.com/internationa ... rs/474531/

Aesma

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:15 pm

winterlight wrote:
I had to laugh at the news report on the US raid in Yemen today. It said Trump was taking a more "aggressive approach" to dealing with Al Qaeda and IS. Considering Obama did nothing at all apart from fund and arm them anything else would seem "aggressive".

Nothing apart from killing their leader you mean ? Something W Bush couldn't do ?

There is a battle in Mosul right now, isn't the US part of it ?

Raids in Iraq and Syria ?

Are you for real ?

Dutchy

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:43 pm

you Americans elected him, it's up to Americans to stop the madness.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Flighty

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:32 am

It is natural that a lot of people are upset.

A lot of people have been upset for a very long time. The presidency is a real prize, and certain people thought they had unlimited power forever. Turns out they didn't. The US middle class needs some attention right now. It is their country, so others can wait. In terms of objections, let us see if Trump is more or less peaceful that his predecessors. These sorts of administrative matters are purely at his discretion.

So, a bunch of protestors disagree with electoral politics. What else is new? The media is aggressive, but other than that I see nothing new here. I know an Iraqi guy who was blocked, cool guy. He has a green card, so he will make it in on the next flight. The sky is not falling. People are acting like they are immune to the presidential election, and resent the rules laid down in the Constitution. Nope, you're not immune if you live here, and if you resent the Constitution, you can explore other options elsewhere. People are just mad because they were banking on controlling the world. My sympathies.

Derico

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:14 am

I agree the sky isn't falling, but in the rest of the world (well, because of the combination of what is happening in the USA, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, one has to wonder whether it is). I think, Europeans particularly, are waaaaaaay overstating the effects and importance of some of these measures. I don't get the mentality of so many Europeans that seem to be programmed into thinking that what happens in Washington is more important than what happens in Brussels or their respective capitals. They need to pay more attention to the home front, they have the power there and if they did, what happens elsewhere is not as crucial.

But in the US, I would say the sky is "cracking". Sorry, but it is not business as usual. It has become tribal. On both sides. And my societal theory states there are three levels of societal disagreement: intellectual, ideological, and tribal. The first is based entirely on facts and evidence, thus with intellectual disagreement you are far more open to different views if they are based on factual statistics and evidence. The second is ideological, which is a combination of facts and evidence AND personal experiences, parental and cultural upbringing, the environment around you. These instill values that partly objective partly subjective. Ideological disagreement generally has a much lower tolerance for dissent, but most people can accept other views even if they either believe them wrong or outright oppose them.

The third, Tribal disagreement, is by far the most visceral and brooks absolutely no dissent. Tribal disagreement is based solely on whether the other person is with you or against you, in your group or not. Regardless of how cogent, factually accurate, and common-sense an opposing view might be, it is summarily dismissed because it does not emerge from one's camp, from ones tribe. I think that is where the USA is politically right now, and this includes the media which has become its own tribe apparently...and perhaps heading that way ethnically as well.

You should be very concerned. This miasma seems like non-threatening but it can go downhill extremely quickly and history is filled with examples of it.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

winterlight

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 am

Aesma wrote:
winterlight wrote:
I had to laugh at the news report on the US raid in Yemen today. It said Trump was taking a more "aggressive approach" to dealing with Al Qaeda and IS. Considering Obama did nothing at all apart from fund and arm them anything else would seem "aggressive".

Nothing apart from killing their leader you mean ? Something W Bush couldn't do ?

There is a battle in Mosul right now, isn't the US part of it ?

Raids in Iraq and Syria ?

Are you for real ?

Bush WOULDN'T do it because of his families links to Bin Laden. Plus, they needed him to stick around in order to prolong the "war on terror". Obama didn't do it. One dodgy photoshopped image and a "burial at sea" prove he's dead? Come on.

Supoosedly there's a battle but how much the US is doing to get rid of IS is questionable. Why do you think Obama was so against Russian involvement? Beacuse he knew Putin would actually do the job properly.

Am I for real? Yes. Are you?
Question everything. Trust no-one.

anshabhi

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:25 am

US democracy is a joke. Its only about the top 500 people. Popular vote is useless

flyingturtle

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:14 am

Wonderful. Wonderful.

And one can imagine what happens to the border wall, if it is built one day. It does not generate any revenue, it doesn't make the country safer, and if relations with Mexico are friendlier one day - it can't be dismantled. It doesn't suddenly vanish. It will stand there as a memorial to mankind's stupidity.

I have no reason to distrust Mr. Trump. I am sure he does his best to cripple his country.

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

pvjin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:00 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
Wonderful. Wonderful.

And one can imagine what happens to the border wall, if it is built one day. It does not generate any revenue, it doesn't make the country safer, and if relations with Mexico are friendlier one day - it can't be dismantled. It doesn't suddenly vanish. It will stand there as a memorial to mankind's stupidity.

I have no reason to distrust Mr. Trump. I am sure he does his best to cripple his country.

David

No, future generations will admire the wall like we admire the great wall of China. Trump will leave his mark in the history, he will be remembered one of the greatest rulers of this millennium.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

flyingturtle

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:12 pm

pvjin wrote:
like we admire the great wall of China

Well, we do not admire the Great Wall of China for its effectiveness...

David

flyingturtle

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:24 pm

And on a second thought, you sound like the proverbial Hitler fanboy.

David

tommy1808

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:17 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
pvjin wrote:

In fact it is pretty hard to read or see anything about it and not to notice how utterly ineffective it was. And on that wall manning wasn´t even a problem.

flyingturtle wrote:
And on a second thought, you sound like the proverbial Hitler fanboy.

Well, every remaining Trump supporter does, or did you come across anyone yet that wouldn´t life up to my signature?

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

flyingturtle

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:43 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
In fact it is pretty hard to read or see anything about it and not to notice how utterly ineffective it was. And on that wall manning wasn´t even a problem.

I know, as a biologist, I attended university lectures on Chinese history...

And yes, regarding the Roman limites - they were neither built to block foreign armies, nor to hinder individuals at crossing the border. All they did were forcing traders (with their heavy loads) to choose guarded border passings, where they were searched and taxed. It's not very different from the frontiers we have today.

David

KWexpress

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

The right screamed and hollered and got their knickers in a twist every time Obama signed an executive order. The orange menace signs executive order after executive order and silence from the right. Color me shocked.... :roll:

Likely, because it takes an executive order to over rule a previous executive order. So color me shocked, when the conservatives say nothing about dismantling 8 years of Obama's orders. Come on, Trump won the election on promising to do these things, are you really surprised or it is the typical "fake" outrage that the left has perfected of the last few months. :lol: :hissyfit: :lol:

tommy1808

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:35 pm

KWexpress wrote:
. Come on, Trump won the election on promising to do these things, are you really surprised or it is the typical "fake" outrage that the left has perfected of the last few months. :lol: :hissyfit: :lol:

Obama had an executive order against banning Muslims that Fascho Trump needed to lift?

best regards
Thomas

KWexpress

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:56 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
KWexpress wrote:
. Come on, Trump won the election on promising to do these things, are you really surprised or it is the typical "fake" outrage that the left has perfected of the last few months. :lol: :hissyfit: :lol:

Obama had an executive order against banning Muslims that Fascho Trump needed to lift?

best regards
Thomas

Indonesia, With about 88% of Muslim population, is the most populous Muslim country in the world. Is Indonesia banned? No hmm, what about India the second largest Muslim country. No, not them either??

Your only seeing this in the way that fits your ideology ( banning Muslims) and not for what it really is. The facts dictate the seven country's temporarily banned are from a list created by the Obama administration, denoting large security threats. Take a look at the facts and suddenly your "banning Muslims" theory seems like more hysteria from the left.

scbriml

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 pm

pvjin wrote:
No, future generations will admire the wall like we admire the great wall of China.

Meh, get back to us when the impenetrable, beautiful wall is finished and Mexico has paid for it.

pvjin wrote:
Trump will leave his mark in the history, he will be remembered one of the greatest rulers of this millennium.

Only by Putin-loving sycophants. To the vast majority of humanity, he's a clown.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

KWexpress

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm

scbriml wrote:
pvjin wrote:
No, future generations will admire the wall like we admire the great wall of China.

Only by Putin-loving sycophants. To the vast majority of humanity, he's a clown.

Evidently, a clown that was able to beat the left and their well funded candidate in the most recent presidential election. If he's a clown, what does that make you?? :lol:

tommy1808

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:40 pm

KWexpress wrote:
Indonesia, With about 88% of Muslim population, is the most populous Muslim country in the world. Is Indonesia banned? No hmm, what about India the second largest Muslim country. No, not them either??

you are stating real facts. Those do not matter to the current administration.
Plus when Fascho Trump asked for advice how to legally ban an religion, he probably was told do it step by step. And since his chief advisor is an enormous antisemite, he probably just told him "just do what Hitler did, step by step".

Best regards
Thomas

Dreadnought

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 pm

[quote="KWexpress"Evidently, a clown that was able to beat the left and their well funded candidate in the most recent presidential election. If he's a clown, what does that make you?? :lol:[/quote]

It really comes down to that.

Candidate 1: Fully backed by her party's establishment, financial backers and broadly supported by democrat voters. Spends over 1.2 trillion on campaign. Cheats in primary and debate, just to make sure she wins. Has the coat-tails of a popular outgoing president to ride on, and he campaigns hard for her.

Candidate 2: Considered a funny joke by opposition. Considered a bad joke by Republican party establishment and donors. Boycotted by many influential Republicans, even past presidents and candidates. Prone to stepping on his own crank on Twitter.

And candidate 2 wins.

Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

KWexpress

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
KWexpress wrote:

you are stating real facts. Those do not matter to the current administration.
Plus when Fascho Trump asked for advice how to legally ban an religion, he probably was told do it step by step. And since his chief advisor is an enormous antisemite, he probably just told him "just do what Hitler did, step by step".

Best regards
Thomas

How about replying with facts yourself; hyperbole isn't effective, as this last election has proven.

scbriml

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:13 pm

KWexpress wrote:
If he's a clown, what does that make you??

One of the vast majority of humanity that didn't vote for him. :roll:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

KWexpress

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:21 pm

scbriml wrote:
KWexpress wrote:

I assume you skipped math class, since no one other then yourself claims that a 2 percent a "vast majority". Either way, Trump knew how to win and you can choose to point to the popular vote if you wish; but, to win an election, you have to see the big picture and your proving yourself to be blind.
Last edited by KWexpress on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TWA772LR

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 pm

pvjin wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
Wonderful. Wonderful.

David

No, future generations will admire the wall like we admire the great wall of China. Trump will leave his mark in the history, he will be remembered one of the greatest rulers of this millennium.

During the days of the Great Wall of China, the Mongols/Huns that they were trying to keep out didn't have the technology to dig a tunnel under the wall, or airplanes to fly over it. Since you think people of color aren't resourceful, read about how El Chapo broke out of prison; it's definitely the stuff of movies. There's many many many more tunnels like that going across the border, some even a thousand feet deep. And if you look up the interview with Trump where the news correspondent asked him, "Who did the Chinese want to keep out of China with the wall?", Trump replies, "Uh um, people they want to keep out."

Also, bragadocious is not a word.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

tommy1808

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:03 pm

KWexpress wrote:
How about replying with facts yourself; hyperbole isn't effective, as this last election has proven.

This facists administration doesn't care about facts, and you can not disprove my statement. It is therefore automatically more valid than anything out of Fascho Trump's mouth.

And that wasn't a hyperbole.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 52751.html

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:04 pm

KWexpress wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Likely, because it takes an executive order to over rule a previous executive order. So color me shocked, when the conservatives say nothing about dismantling 8 years of Obama's orders. Come on, Trump won the election on promising to do these things, are you really surprised or it is the typical "fake" outrage that the left has perfected of the last few months. :lol: :hissyfit: :lol:

Exactly. When Obama did it, there was hell to pay and America was under attack and Obama hates the Constitution, etc. But, when the human cheeto does it crickets from the same people. Why is that? Why is it okay from one side but not the other? Why freak out when Obama did something but silence when Republicans do the exact same thing? That is the real question you righties need to ask.

KWexpress

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:59 pm

seb146 wrote:
KWexpress wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Exactly. When Obama did it, there was hell to pay and America was under attack and Obama hates the Constitution, etc. But, when the human cheeto does it crickets from the same people. Why is that? Why is it okay from one side but not the other? Why freak out when Obama did something but silence when Republicans do the exact same thing? That is the real question you righties need to ask.

When Obama did it, he was creating new laws. Most of Trumps thus far are not, they are simply voiding Obama's regulations/laws. Big difference. I have a difficult time taking someone serious that refers to the president as Cheeto. Really, have you not gotten beyond juvenile naming calling :roll:

Tugger

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

KWexpress wrote:
I have a difficult time taking someone serious that refers to the president as Cheeto. Really, have you not gotten beyond juvenile naming calling :roll:

Not defending anyone here but you do realize that our president was the biggest "name caller" of any president/presidential candidate? He has and still does "name call" anyone that he deems needing to be diminished.

It is another reason I do not respect the man.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

pvjin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:12 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
pvjin wrote:

David

Sure. I really don't give a damn whether the wall actually does anything to keep the illegals away, I have nothing against Mexicans who are mostly hard working civilized people with great culture. I simply enjoy the rage Trump's actions trigger in lefties, plus I think the wall project is fine stimulus for the American economy.

scbriml wrote:

I've talked to many fellow university students here, including the ones who don't like Putin. Many enjoy Trump's victory simply because they are so tired of "liberal" SJW lefties bashing anyone who disagrees with them. Trump's victory was like a big middle finger to all those annoying clowns who hate white people and want to destroy traditional western cultures.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

TWA772LR

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:18 pm

KWexpress wrote:
scbriml wrote:
KWexpress wrote:

I assume you skipped math class, since no one other then yourself claims that a 2 percent a "vast majority". Either way, Trump knew how to win and you can choose to point to the popular vote if you wish; but, to win an election, you have to see the big picture and your proving yourself to be blind.

Considering he's an Englishman/Scotsman/Welshman (some one who hails from Britain), I'd say he is part of the vast majority of humanity that did not vote for T-Man. As of 1:17 PM CDT, the world population is 7.4 billion. There's ~320 million people in America, leaving scbriml as one of the 7.1 billion people on the planet that did not vote in the 2016 Presidential Election.

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

TWA772LR

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:21 pm

pvjin wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
pvjin wrote:

David

Sure. I really don't give a damn whether the wall actually does anything to keep the illegals away, I have nothing against Mexicans who are mostly hard working civilized people with great culture. I simply enjoy the rage Trump's actions trigger in lefties, plus I think the wall project is fine stimulus for the American economy.

scbriml wrote:

I've talked to many fellow university students here, including the ones who don't like Putin. Many enjoy Trump's victory simply because they are so tired of "liberal" SJW lefties bashing anyone who disagrees with them. Trump's victory was like a big middle finger to all those annoying clowns who hate white people and want to destroy traditional western cultures.

You do know that US politics is VERY cyclical right? I can guarantee you that in 2009 university-aged people in Finland would be enjoying Obama's victory also. You have a lot to learn. I don't see how anyone who knows absolutely nothing about US politics can bad mouth and critique it so much. You don't see any American's on here bad mouthing Finland.

flipdewaf

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:43 pm

I haven't been able to read the whole thread because of being on my holidays and things so maybe this point has already been mentioned but I for one trust that trump will do the things he promised. The problem is that the things he promised could only be thought of as a good thing if you are a complete and utter dick bag. I find it interesting that the mislims that people so seemed scared of being infiltrated by have almost the exact same moral standards as the Christian's who voted for trump.

God/Allah (delete as appropriate) is all powerful
Women should be subservient to men
Homosexuals be damned
Guns
Pickup trucks

The only difference I can see is that the Muslim fundamentists prefers Toyota pickups to US built ones.

If you voted for trump but you consider yourself a moderate Christian then you are basically the same as a moderate Muslim.

Fred

Jalap

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Derico wrote:
I think, Europeans particularly, are waaaaaaay overstating the effects and importance of some of these measures. I don't get the mentality of so many Europeans that seem to be programmed into thinking that what happens in Washington is more important than what happens in Brussels or their respective capitals.

How many nations on earth truely believe in freedom? Human rights? Freedom of speech? Gender equality? I would like to add religious equality, but that's a problem on both sides of the pond.
For us, Europeans, you guys are the best friends we have. And I believe that's mutual.
Since you are our friends, is it so wrong that we are unsettled when your current leader reminds us so much of a European leader who led Europe to its darkest episode in history? Is it not our duty to express our distress? If the Euro-American bloc starts crumbling down, then who will celebrate? You'll be alone and we'll be alone. Winners will not be the leaders that strive for freedom, human rights ,freedom of speech or gender equality.

You say we need to pay better attention to Brussels. Since you are our friend, it's your full rights to tell us so. But you'll need to help me point our when anything happening in Brussels even slightly impacted any of the values we hold so dearly.
Yes, we suffered terrorism. But the goal of terrorism is to destroy our values. Let's put that into perspective: there were 3 attacks in 2016 claiming 134 lives. Perspective: 33.000 deaths by firearms annually in the USA. Yes, 134 people killed is unacceptible. But can you really argue this is enough reason to cut our freedom if you consider 33.000 acceptible? Is 134 deaths in 3 incidents, and I repeat it's unacceptible, reason enough to insult a search conflict with a religion of 1,2 billion people?

So, do we think you leader is good for you? No. No no no.

incitatus

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:16 am

pvjin wrote:
I simply enjoy the rage Trump's actions trigger in lefties, plus I think the wall project is fine stimulus for the American economy.

It is not fine stimulus because it does not generate incremental economic activity. The same amount of money spent on improved airports or a new interstate would generate much bigger stimulus.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

seb146

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:59 am

KWexpress wrote:
seb146 wrote:
KWexpress wrote:

When Obama did it, he was creating new laws.

And following the Constitution. Because he studied the Constitution. He was well within his rights. The orange menace is not only reversing Obama's executive orders, but also issuing new ones. Look it up. Google it.

And, as far as "name calling" if you were not outraged over all the name calling this man-baby did, you have no right to be mad with me for doing the exact same thing.

tommy1808

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:05 am

KWexpress wrote:
Indonesia, With about 88% of Muslim population, is the most populous Muslim country in the world. Is Indonesia banned?

and there is this one Billion US$ 6-Star Hotel he has in Bali .with his Indonesian fellow Billionaire Hary Tanoesoedibjo.

Personal Business interests again first....

best regards
Thomas

DocLightning

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:13 am

Oh, just so everyone knows, there's a Reichstag fire coming. Not sure exactly what it's going to look like, but yeah, that's coming. My guess is they're gonna try to take out Trump Tower. Don't fall for it this time.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

tommy1808

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:17 am

tommy1808 wrote:
he has in Bali .with his Indonesian fellow Billionaire Hary Tanoesoedibjo.

Damn you autocorrect, that was supposed to be "plans"....

DocLightning wrote:
Oh, just so everyone knows, there's a Reichstag fire coming. Not sure exactly what it's going to look like, but yeah, that's coming. My guess is they're gonna try to take out Trump Tower. Don't fall for it this time.

And it will be by US citizenship carrying Muslims.....

best regards
Thomas

WIederling

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 am

seb146 wrote:
When Obama did it, there was hell to pay and America was under attack and Obama hates the Constitution, etc. But, when the human cheeto does it crickets from the same people. Why is that? Why is it okay from one side but not the other? Why freak out when Obama did something but silence when Republicans do the exact same thing? That is the real question you righties need to ask.

Tribalism. Our a*hole can't do wrong.
IMU the conservatives in the US have reclaimed
more than 4000 years of lost barbarism. Cudos to them.

What we see is a massive regression from being civilized.
Murphy is an optimist

KruegerFlaps

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:35 am

WIederling wrote:
What we see is a massive regression from being civilized.

In another thread there was discussion of whether the USA is a democracy. The consensus appeared to be that it was a federation of states with a republican form. There was no mention of being civilised. :duck:

But to the question of whether Trump should be trusted: if Trump says he is going to do something I believe he will attempt to do as he says. Do I trust that it will be for the best? That depends on what the proposed action is and what it is response to.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783

tommy1808

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:59 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
But to the question of whether Trump should be trusted: if Trump says he is going to do something I believe he will attempt to do as he says

Dang, it must be hard to find those tax returns and put them on a server. Maybe he can sign an EO requiring him to keep that particular word. ....

Best regards
Thomas