Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KruegerFlaps

Re: I see no reason NOT to trust Trump...

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:39 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Dang, it must be hard to find those tax returns and put them on a server. Maybe he can sign an EO requiring him to keep that particular word. ....

I am sure that he has found them. It's just that he's having difficulty transcribing them on Twitter ... :wink2:
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783

WIederling

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
WIederling wrote:
What we see is a massive regression from being civilized.

In another thread there was discussion of whether the USA is a democracy. The consensus appeared to be that it was a federation of states with a republican form. There was no mention of being civilised. :duck:

touche!
But to the question of whether Trump should be trusted: if Trump says he is going to do something I believe he will attempt to do as he says. Do I trust that it will be for the best? That depends on what the proposed action is and what it is response to.

My initial thinking was that Trump campaigning would be completely removed from Trump acting afterwards.

The Trump presidential campaign (tried to) directly touch voters in their cerebellum going for an unreasoned/reflexive voter behaviour. Worked rather well in just the right number of constituencies.

This was wrong.
His actions show the same cerebellum controlled touch.
This is a bit similar to how Bush43 worked. Bush backoffice in that shadow was rather busy looting the place.
I'd very carefully watch out for what happens in the shadows of this horror shows limelit stage.
Murphy is an optimist

seb146

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:09 pm

KruegerFlaps wrote:
WIederling wrote:
What we see is a massive regression from being civilized.

In another thread there was discussion of whether the USA is a democracy. The consensus appeared to be that it was a federation of states with a republican form. There was no mention of being civilised. :duck:

But to the question of whether Trump should be trusted: if Trump says he is going to do something I believe he will attempt to do as he says. Do I trust that it will be for the best? That depends on what the proposed action is and what it is response to.

He said he would lock up Hillary. She is still free. He said Mexico would pay for the wall. The American people are. He said LGBTQ people would have protections. He is working on making Christianity above the Constitution.

Politicians are liars and this guy is the worst of all. Pence will be a poor excuse for a president but once this idiot is jailed for high crimes or even getting a hummer from an intern, can not come too soon!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

flyingturtle

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Just leaving this here:

"Wait Calmly"
They argued he would grow more reasonable once in office and that his cabinet would tame him. A dictatorship? Out of the question! How journalists, politicians, writers and diplomats weighed in on Hitler's appointment as chancellor.

http://www.zeit.de/wissen/geschichte/20 ... nniversary

Most strikingly, everything Hitler did he honestly announced. In time. But people distrusted him, thinking that he'll never do this and never do that, but yet they voted for him or his party.

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

scbriml

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:38 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Considering he's an Englishman/Scotsman/Welshman (some one who hails from Britain), I'd say he is part of the vast majority of humanity that did not vote for T-Man. As of 1:17 PM CDT, the world population is 7.4 billion. There's ~320 million people in America, leaving scbriml as one of the 7.1 billion people on the planet that did not vote in the 2016 Presidential Election.

Spot on. I didn't think it was difficult, but apparently it is for some. :wink2:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Ytraveller

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:38 am

flyingturtle wrote:
And on a second thought, you sound like the proverbial Hitler fanboy.

David

Don't feed the troll. If you haven't noticed, this user pretty much only posts in the Non Av section. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems odd, considering this is an aviation forum.

WIederling

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am

flyingturtle wrote:
pvjin wrote:
like we admire the great wall of China

Well, we do not admire the Great Wall of China for its effectiveness...

not today.
But at its time of creation it shew the same effectiveness that one or the other Roman
border fortifications shew.

In a way it looks similar to todays Israeli or US walls and border control.
One aspect is to show the inside as civlized and "superior" outside as barbarism.
( and both try to actively squeeze that barbarism to the surface by their own actions
to have something for finger pointing "those barbaric people on the outside, be happy
you live on the inside".)

Strange book around from one Robert Anson Heinlein: "Revolt in 2100"
US is a walled of religious dictatorship.

Big difference in the beginning Chineese and Roman actually were more civilized
and had much better infrastructure. not the case today.
Murphy is an optimist